Forum Settings
Forums

Which anime character did you instantly hate as soon as they were introduced?

New
Apr 18, 2016 9:44 AM
Jul 2018
The title speaks for itself.

For me it will be Nashetania. I couldn't stand her whimsical character when she was introduced.

Edit: - tell some traits guys why you hated him/her, instead of just naming them.
removed-userApr 18, 2016 9:52 AM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 18, 2016 9:45 AM

Feb 2013
Lovepon from Mayoiga. I knew she wasn't a good a thing, and indeed, she isn't.

Apr 18, 2016 9:49 AM
Mar 2015
Wolf guy from HxH
A bunch of characters from Monster
The guy who had a crush on Kushana from Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind (manga)
Apr 18, 2016 9:50 AM

Nov 2013
Eh.. Probably the main rival in My Hero Academia. Too stereotype, too unlikeable.
I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.

Apr 18, 2016 9:51 AM

Sep 2015
Mitsumune from Mayoiga, Yanagi from Rekka no Hono
Apr 18, 2016 9:58 AM

Aug 2010
There's a few, but one that comes to mind instantly is Jellal from Fairy Tail.
Hated him since I first saw his face and still hate him now.
Apr 18, 2016 9:59 AM

Dec 2015
This stupid bitch. Not only i didnt like her at first, but she brought out how generic & boring Bell-fgt is. When she appeared, it pretty much went downhill REAL QUICK!
http://myanimelist.net/character/116169/Liliruca_Arde
Apr 18, 2016 9:59 AM
Jun 2015
Niko Niiyama from Kiznaiver, she annoys the fuck out of me
Apr 18, 2016 10:06 AM

Jun 2015
Louvellier from D.Gray Man, I really hate that guy from the first time I saw him...and his personality is the one I hate the most, people like him are directly in my shit list
Apr 18, 2016 10:08 AM

Nov 2008
I hated Onodera Kosaki the first time I saw a picture of her. XD

Apr 18, 2016 10:11 AM

Aug 2014
Light Yagami. I did not like him. One. Tiny. Bit.

He just looked like some douchebag character the moment he was introduced, especially with that edgy view on life.
Apr 18, 2016 10:18 AM

Jan 2009
Megumi Shimizu and Masao Murasako from Shiki.
The moment they started talking I instantly hated them. Like if they didn't say anything they would be bearable(just barely)
But noooo the dumb bitch bitches 60% of the time about how unfortunate she is 'cus she wasn't born in a big city. The rest of the time she is just generally annoying and/or just the worst kind of scum on earth.
Masao on the other spend 80% of the time being a selfish and spoiled little shit. When he's not doing that he's is usually running away from something.

Thanks to those 2 I came to hate Shiki as a whole. Without them I might have actually liked the series and heck you could just eject them from the story and it wouldn't affect the main plot that much.
So yea in addition to everything else, they are for most parts irrelevant...

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Apr 18, 2016 10:30 AM
Sep 2011
Sanae Dekomori of Chuunibyou. A bratty loudmouth character with an obnoxious voice who is a complete moron. I think the phrase "What could possibly go wrong?" came up a few times when Kyoani decided to make this anime exclusive character.

Kyouko Sakura of Madoka Magica is the second most noteworthy example, but I think that's what the creators were going for. She goes so far out of her way to be antagonistic that it feels like she was just thrown in the story for the purpose of creating unnecessary conflict. She pretty much acts like a preachy bully, and is voiced by my least favorite seiyuu at her absolute worst.
Apr 18, 2016 10:31 AM

Apr 2015
Asuka Langley Soryuu is shit even during the first episode she appeared
Asuka grews shitter as the series goes
and finally she

Wait, have I said that Asuka Langley Soryuu is shit?

RLinksoul said:
Sanae Dekomori of Chuunibyou. A bratty loudmouth character with an obnoxious voice who is a complete moron. I think the phrase "What could possibly go wrong?" came up a few times when Kyoani decided to make this anime exclusive character.

Kyouko Sakura of Madoka Magica is the second most noteworthy example, but I think that's what the creators were going for. She goes so far out of her way to be antagonistic that it feels like she was just thrown in the story for the purpose of creating unnecessary conflict.

How can you hate the most well developed PMMM characters? She have a tragic past on how she act like that when she first being itroduced, and she is later revealed to be friendly towards other mahou shoujo especially sayaka since they're both tomboys.
Apr 18, 2016 10:33 AM

Sep 2015
Nina from code geass dam she pissed me off so much
Apr 18, 2016 10:35 AM
Sep 2011
You said:

How can you hate the most well developed PMMM characters? She have a tragic past on how she act like that when she first being itroduced, and she is later revealed to be friendly towards other mahou shoujo especially sayaka since they're both tomboys.

You know who else has a tragic past?

Asuka Langley Soryuu.
Apr 18, 2016 10:36 AM

Jul 2014
Sawa Nakamura from Aku no Hana, as soon as I saw her, I know shit's going to go where I don't want it to go.
Apr 18, 2016 10:37 AM

Apr 2015
RLinksoul said:
You said:

You know who else has a tragic past?

Asuka Langley Soryuu.

Ikr, but the way they deal with it are totally different. Kyoko is being open and friendly later while Asuka? Keep whining on why Shinji keeps being praised while she didn't kill that much angels. Shinji kills more than 10 while Asuka? 1 or 2 I guess, yet still whining.
Apr 18, 2016 10:42 AM

Aug 2015
1. Onii-sama's Imouto
2. Onii-sama

And my hate journey began from there >_>
Apr 18, 2016 10:43 AM

Aug 2013
Shirou from FSN....i freaking hate everything about him. The words that he says, the way he does things, and the way he reacts. It just boils my blood.
Apr 18, 2016 10:43 AM
Jul 2018
at this point it's probably no surprise, but Haruna fuckin' Niekawa, dumb character, useless role, turned crazy by someone else who had the potential to be far more interesting, stereotypical yandere fuckin' bitch.

come to think of it I never really liked Izaya either

the MC from Mayoiga is probably going to annoy the fuck out of me for the rest of the series as well. tfw supporting cast is more interesting and deserves to be main cast

the oniichan from irregular at magic high school and the sister
removed-userApr 18, 2016 11:14 AM
Apr 18, 2016 10:45 AM
Jul 2018
Z-Dante said:
1. Onii-sama's Imouto
2. Onii-sama

Hating onii-sama is unforgivable.
Apr 18, 2016 10:45 AM

Sep 2012
Nui Harime in Kill la Kill.

Really pissed me off till the end :/
Apr 18, 2016 10:47 AM

Sep 2015
Pretty much every single deadpan character. They are too unlikeable.

Rarity is Best Pony!
Apr 18, 2016 10:47 AM

Apr 2013
That butterfly faggot from Hunter x Hunter.
Apr 18, 2016 10:48 AM

Sep 2012
_Peksi said:
Megumi Shimizu and Masao Murasako from Shiki.
The moment they started talking I instantly hated them. Like if they didn't say anything they would be bearable(just barely)
But noooo the dumb bitch bitches 60% of the time about how unfortunate she is 'cus she wasn't born in a big city. The rest of the time she is just generally annoying and/or just the worst kind of scum on earth.
Masao on the other spend 80% of the time being a selfish and spoiled little shit. When he's not doing that he's is usually running away from something.

Thanks to those 2 I came to hate Shiki as a whole. Without them I might have actually liked the series and heck you could just eject them from the story and it wouldn't affect the main plot that much.
So yea in addition to everything else, they are for most parts irrelevant...
But you're not really supposed to like either of them.
Apr 18, 2016 10:51 AM

Aug 2015
xaos12 said:
Z-Dante said:
1. Onii-sama's Imouto
2. Onii-sama

Onii-Sama forgives!!

As for why I hate him, well, he's just not my generic harem MC. And he never does anything funny except showing off his swagness ×_×

Though I'll say Miyuki is responsible for ruining Onii-sama's beautiful show -_-
Z-DanteApr 18, 2016 11:02 AM
Apr 18, 2016 10:54 AM

Aug 2010
Suzaku, Euphimia and Nina from Code Geass
Yuuki from MN
Apr 18, 2016 11:00 AM

Mar 2016
Ummm I'll have to say that fat minister from akame ga kill , from the moment he got on the screen i hated him , was nice to see his head smashed in the end . Also that incestuous girl in mahouka , I hated her so much that I dropped mahouka on episode 2 lol ...
Apr 18, 2016 11:06 AM
Jul 2015
I hate that much Nina from Code geass that the frontier between love and hate starts to blur...

Valenthius said:
Shirou from FSN....i freaking hate everything about him. The words that he says, the way he does things, and the way he reacts. It just boils my blood.
Don't forget his refusal to die when he is killed.
roquepoApr 18, 2016 11:10 AM

Apr 18, 2016 11:08 AM

Jan 2009
You said:

Ikr, but the way they deal with it are totally different. Kyoko is being open and friendly later while Asuka? Keep whining on why Shinji keeps being praised while she didn't kill that much angels. Shinji kills more than 10 while Asuka? 1 or 2 I guess, yet still whining.

Well you're completely wrong about the kill count here.
EVA-01 kills the most angels, not Shinji.
Shinji kills a grand total of 1(well 2 if you count Kaworu who didn't fight back) angel by himself. The rest are killed 'cus of team effort or 'cus his mom gets pissed off(or 'cus his daddy pushes the autopilot button)
Red_Keys said:

Well yea that much is obvious. Doesn't change the fact that every second they were on screen made me want to stop watching the series.
Just 'cus they are "supposed to be hated" doesn't mean they have to be ungodly annoying and complete unbearable to watch.
I mean you're supposed to hate most villains, but that doesn't mean they have to completely unsufferable.
Like you're completely expected to hate Dio from JJBA, yet Dio is freaking awesome and entertaining. Those 2 are just suck ass.

Apr 18, 2016 11:09 AM
Sep 2011
You said:
Kyoko is being open and friendly later.

Only after trying to kill Sayaka. It's also implied that she has killed others for their territory.

And the only reason she becomes less of a jerk is because of le shocking revelation, before that she had no qualms about trying to kill her, or suggesting that she maim a fourteen year old.
Apr 18, 2016 11:10 AM

Apr 2015
_Peksi said:
You said:

Well you're completely wrong about the kill count here.
EVA-01 kills the most angels, not Shinji.
Shinji kills a grand total of 1(well 2 if you count Kaworu who didn't fight back) angel by himself. The rest are killed 'cus of team effort or 'cus his mom gets pissed off(or 'cus his daddy pushes the autopilot button)
Red_Keys said:

Well yea that much is obvious. Doesn't change the fact that every second they were on screen made me want to stop watching the series.
Just 'cus they are "supposed to be hated" doesn't mean they have to be ungodly annoying and complete unbearable to watch.
I mean you're supposed to hate most villains, but that doesn't mean they have to completely unsufferable.
Like you're completely expected to hate Dio from JJBA, yet Dio is freaking awesome and entertaining. Those 2 are just suck ass.

Shinji is the pilot lol, or don't you count that berserk moment as shinjis?

RLinksoul said:
You said:
Kyoko is being open and friendly later.

Only after trying to kill Sayaka. It's also implied that she has killed others for their territory.

And the only reason she becomes less of a jerk is because of le shocking revelation, before that she had no qualms about trying to kill her, or suggesting that she maim a fourteen year old.

Exactly! That event also help her to come back to her true old self.
YouApr 18, 2016 11:13 AM
Apr 18, 2016 11:15 AM

Mar 2016
Shink from FSN, fucking scum bag mothefucker.
Just look at his face.
And Kirito, WHY not?

Apr 18, 2016 11:18 AM

Jul 2015
Zero no Tsukaima : louisse
i can stand all kind of shitty characters but not abuzive tsunderes
dropped that anime after 1 ep x)
Apr 18, 2016 11:21 AM

Oct 2013
Shinji Matou is an obvious example, since they went so far out of their way to make him unlikable. Right from the start, some of the first things we learn about him are how badly he handles rejection, how full of himself he is, how he shifts responsibility and blame onto others, and in the original visual novel, the fact that he abused his sister.
He's at his absolute worst in Heaven's Feel, too, so bracing myself for that already, and the films have barely been announced.
I've officially sworn off of 2016.
Apr 18, 2016 11:26 AM

Jan 2016
I actually wonder now.. Have I ever hated an anime character? :D
Apr 18, 2016 11:28 AM

Jan 2009
You said:

Shinji is the pilot lol, or don't you count that berserk moment as shinjis?

No I don't 'cus he's not the one in control, he's just along for the ride when EVA-01 goes berserk.
I mean he's unconscious the first 2 times and the 3rd time he gets absorbed by EVA-01.
It's also an established fact that EVA-01 can move even without a pilot.

Apr 18, 2016 11:46 AM

Jul 2009
The only anime character I really hate (and I hated him right away) is Alois Trancy from Kuroshitsuji II. Ugh, that sadistic psychopathic brat... When they showed his sob backstory, I couldn't care less, I just wanted him to suffer more and then die slow and painful death.
Apr 18, 2016 11:52 AM

Jan 2015
shirou from fsn, he looked dumb, and as we found out later he is dumb, and annoying and just... yeah, he should die or not exist

@Valenthius Yaay, high five.
@Somuchgamer High five too, if you meant shirou by sink :D

Oh and I would add Near from death note..
Apr 18, 2016 11:59 AM

Mar 2016
Any character that dont make anything exercise and has full muscles or a 6-pack

Apr 18, 2016 12:08 PM
Aug 2015
Z-Dante said:
xaos12 said:

Onii-Sama forgives!!

As for why I hate him, well, he's just not my generic harem MC. And he never does anything funny except showing off his swagness ×_×

Though I'll say Miyuki is responsible for ruining Onii-sama's beautiful show -_-
i literally just started watching mahouka 2 hours ago, and have only watched 3 episodes, but even so i think miyuki is ligit top tier waifu material. Its all about the imouto.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 18, 2016 12:11 PM
Aug 2015
I seriously hated chopper from one piece as soon as he was entroduced. I have never had any sympathy for sentient animals. Plus, he looks like a freaking plush toy,and is annoying as fuck. I feel like he was only introduced into the story to sell merch.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 18, 2016 12:14 PM
Apr 2015
Basically every wimpy character (and acts like they're boss) who cries and cower over everything that ever happens. To name a few: Shinji Matou, Izuku Midoriya, Sakura Haruno (from the beginning), Arima Kousei, and many more

I also dislike bitchy bossy characters because, well, they're simply annoying bitches: Shitoge Kirisaki, Kaori Miyazono, etc...
Apr 18, 2016 12:17 PM

Sep 2015
Hotaru, she was annoying, autistic and unfunny. She had so much undeserved screentime, while obv best girl Saya just had a couple of scenes per episode.

But it gets worse, somehow it managed to spawn this repulsive creatures known as Hotarufags, such as @NasalShark.
NasalShark said:
I'd love to squeeze your nipples until they look like a purple slushie, Senpai.

Apr 18, 2016 12:18 PM

Aug 2015
There's plenty and for a whole lot of reasons, but they are mostly from anime series I watched and didn't like, in the first place. Thus, I'll only give you a few that I couldn't bear, but that are from series that I actually enjoyed or, at least, found decent/watchable.

Shirou Emiya (Biggest hypocrite ever, cliche wanna save everyone guy, fighting for the sake of justice when he doesn't even know what that means, etc.)

Suzaku (He played his role well, but his righteousness was too much, it annoyed me so much that he was so naive too).

Shaiapouf (It's the butterfly guy from the Royal Guard of Meruem in HxH; this guy was so annoying, I hated about every second he was on my screen).
Apr 18, 2016 12:19 PM

Jul 2013
I'm the type ofperson who rarely dislike a character (since it's really pointless), but I know since the moment she appeared that I won't like Erina Nakiri. I was right all along, and it gets worse from here.

nowa_ said:
That butterfly faggot from Hunter x Hunter.

DanteQC said:
Shaiapouf (It's the butterfly guy from the Royal Guard of Meruem in HxH; this guy was so annoying, I hated about every second he was on my screen).

You know, hating best boy is not good for your health.
IllyricusApr 18, 2016 12:48 PM
Apr 18, 2016 12:20 PM

Nov 2015
-Senpai- said:
Hotaru, she was annoying, autistic and unfunny. She had so much undeserved screentime, while obv best girl Saya just had a couple of scenes per episode.

But it gets worse, somehow it managed to spawn this repulsive creatures known as Hotarufags, such as @NasalShark.

Okay 1) You're being to harsh on Hotaru-san. She has an innocent soul and a smile that makes the world shine like the sun.
2) I'm a Sayafag just like you, see the avatar?
3) You're one to talk about repulsive creatures, you live in Mexico. You're all repulsive creatures that live at Taco Bell
Apr 18, 2016 12:21 PM

Nov 2015
The pink haired chick in Shimoneta.
Apr 18, 2016 12:23 PM
Jul 2018
ColdBreeze said:
MC of Future Diary. Forgot his name, luckily.

Why the hell came he up with the idea to write such a MC...?

Yuki... yeah i ask myself the same... I guess they wanted to make it "realistically", but he just turn out to be a huge mess.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» If your favorite anime exploded in popularity to the point that everyone in socmed talks about it, would you like it or not?

Rinrinka - 30 minutes ago

7 by Otakupervert890 »»
14 seconds ago

Poll: » What's with all the hate from the MAL community towards Anitubers? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 25

83 by IrrelevantGuy »»
57 seconds ago

» Why is there no Manga chapters at the top info when Anime have it?

Tongmuan - 44 minutes ago

1 by Zarutaku »»
5 minutes ago

» Your Strongest and Weakest Recommendation from your Favorites

Pokitaru - 3 hours ago

14 by Zorpanur »»
6 minutes ago

» Would you or have you watched anime with your family (1 or more members)?

ToastWithNutella - 9 hours ago

28 by Shirayukin »»
8 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.