Forum Settings
Forums

Worst thing someone said about your favorite anime and how did you react?

New
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Mar 5, 2016 10:59 AM

May 2015
School Days and I decapitated him then put his head in a bag
Freddy Nicholas said:
have control, be yourself, god is dead
Mar 5, 2016 12:40 PM
May 2014
PsychoBomb said:
''Kuroshitsuji is the worst homosexual shit I've watched''
And I don't care, everyone has their opinion and their taste. Even the most stupid people.

such a weird way to phrase it, "this is the worse homosexual shit, I've watched, were's the butt sex!" It's like his problem was that he couldn't fap to it.
Mar 5, 2016 2:14 PM

Nov 2015
Galaxy__ said:
Anime: code geass

a friend of mine said that the ending of death note is better than the ending of code geass. i had to laugh.

Mar 5, 2016 4:51 PM
Dec 2013
"Nobody cares about HxH (1999)".

Felt a little hurt, since it's my favourite anime. Just because it has a 2011 remake that goes further than where 1999 ended, doesn't mean nobody cares about the original anymore, since it did some things better. Besides, I know some people who watched the 2011 version first, then 1999 after, and preferred the 1999 version in the end.
wildhoodMar 5, 2016 4:59 PM
Mar 5, 2016 7:08 PM

Jan 2014
Some fuqboi said One Piece was dumb

He ended up in the hospital with stitches
DoctorWasabiMar 6, 2016 1:31 PM
Mar 5, 2016 11:48 PM

Oct 2014
Fav anime= death note

"It's mainstream as hell!""

And I'm like here like so? honestly, the mainstream argument should be slam dunked in the garbage and burned

Mar 6, 2016 12:47 AM

Apr 2015
Ahahaha, I have one :3

My favorite anime is Spice and Wolf, and someone said that that Holo (the MC there) is a loli, and a pretty sexualized one. Well, that was funny. I was like "Seriously?" at first.
Then I tried to prove him wrong, but yeah, as soon as I realized that he's the "deprived of reasonable thinking" type, I gave up^^
KorNkMar 6, 2016 12:51 AM
Mar 6, 2016 12:58 AM

Apr 2015
TarDonkie said:
Any time i see someone talking bad about one of my fav anime's i just get super offended

Dude, I don't know, try to grow up? Even if you like Death Note or something as bad as Inuyasha, which always receive critique, there is no point in getting offended just because someone didn't like it...
Mar 6, 2016 1:07 AM

Apr 2015
Someone told me my favourite anime was bad and I said "ok" and moved on with my life.
hi
Sets
Last FM
Anime List
Manga List
Clue no. 2: Somewhere in one of the pictures in my forum signature.
Mar 6, 2016 1:17 AM

Oct 2014
TarDonkie said:
like when people say that death note turns horrible after ep 25 I'm just like

Truth hurts isnt it

have I reached 15 characters?
Mar 6, 2016 1:27 AM

Jan 2015
anidju said:
Tell us your story!

Last year I stumbled upon the Digimon facebook fanpage and someone claimed that Digimon Adventure was the WORST series of the franchise (even worse than Xros Wars) and trashed my favorite childhood anime by posting many hate comments. I instantly revived my fake facebook account and dragged that user to the pits of hell so he/had to block me. You ain't messing with us Digidestined, ha!

lol Nice xD

Well if someone said my favorite anime is shit without any detailed reason then the person is really the incarnation of shit, since there only come shit out of the persons mouth.

If someone say hated on my favorite anime it could be OP which I have loved from childhood to now I would go on the offensive whatever reason the person had :3
"No matter what painful things happens, even when it looks like you'll lose... when no one else in the world believes in you... when you don't even believe in yourself... I will believe in you!"

Mar 6, 2016 2:13 AM

Oct 2014
Worst thing someone said about your favorite anime and how did you react?

No need to react to someone whos confirmed for having a shit taste
Mar 6, 2016 2:23 AM
Dec 2014
One of my fb friend was talking shit about Hunter x hunter.. According to him bleach , dragon ball z , one piece , sword art online are the light years ahead of HXH ..... I was like who the hell he think he is.... So Hunter x hunter is the best long running shonen ever😁.
Mar 6, 2016 2:46 AM

Jan 2015
Your taste is shit because you have harem in your faves (facebook/omegle/mta sa forums)....*Reason*
Mar 6, 2016 3:15 AM

Oct 2013
'Texhnolyze is just a nihilistic crap that's trying to be deep'
'LotGH is boring'
'JoJo is gay'
'Mushishi is boring'
'Monster is too dragged'
'NGE tries too hard to be deep'
'USY2199 has too much plot armor' so f******* what???????????

I wanted to punch all of these nerds in the face so f************ hard....
Mar 6, 2016 3:19 AM

Jun 2015
For Nana

"2 lesbians just sucking at life and relationships with shit music."

Nana has awesome music.

I didn't really react.
Seiya0890 said:
But its still disgusting from my point of view, and from the word's point of view, therefore its disgusting.

Wise words.
Mar 6, 2016 3:22 AM

Mar 2015
They said Gintama was full of shit.
I had to agree.
Mar 6, 2016 3:42 AM
May 2015
Well, someone said that Shigatsu is poop, boring and not funny...
I just said go watch first and than we talk
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 6, 2016 3:49 AM

Dec 2015
Mystic_Wolf said:

Lol its 3deep5him
So hes a dumbass :P
Mar 6, 2016 4:13 AM
Jan 2015
Well, someone said Rakugo Shinjuu is nothing but a BL anime.

Shoves him Miyokichi. LOL
Mar 6, 2016 4:28 AM

Feb 2016
TheRegi said:
I wouldn't say the worst thing I ever read (bc most of the time it's just things like "overrated" and shit), but definitely the dumbest thing I ever read, was that someone was talking about how bad Attack On Titan is, because you don't get to know, where the walls or the titans come from.
I didn't even know, what to say. I mean, Attack On Titan would probably bad WITHOUT mysteries like that. Just think why One Piece got so popular ? Exactly. Mysteries.
It wouldn't be worth watching if they already knew all that imo

Actually, everything is (or will be explained eventually) in the manga, so they should just read it and be content. I genuinely think that AOT is one of the best animes that have been made in recent years. I was hooked after just 10 minutes of the first episode. Needless to say, I'm totally fangirling for the upcoming sequel! *.* ^^
Mar 6, 2016 4:51 AM

Nov 2015
As a One Piece fan you hear a lot.. I once was one of those people that thought OP was dumb or bad but then a friend convinced me to watch a couple of episodes and I remember not being able to stop watching. I watched like 20 eps in a row... So I got to understand that most people that say that about OP haven't really even try to watch it from the beginning.
Mar 6, 2016 4:56 AM

Aug 2015
Telling me that it's bad but then walking away without saying why it's bad. Literally the worst thing ever.
Mar 6, 2016 5:19 AM

Oct 2014
ForgetMeNot05 said:
TheRegi said:
I wouldn't say the worst thing I ever read (bc most of the time it's just things like "overrated" and shit), but definitely the dumbest thing I ever read, was that someone was talking about how bad Attack On Titan is, because you don't get to know, where the walls or the titans come from.
I didn't even know, what to say. I mean, Attack On Titan would probably bad WITHOUT mysteries like that. Just think why One Piece got so popular ? Exactly. Mysteries.
It wouldn't be worth watching if they already knew all that imo

Actually, everything is (or will be explained eventually) in the manga, so they should just read it and be content. I genuinely think that AOT is one of the best animes that have been made in recent years. I was hooked after just 10 minutes of the first episode. Needless to say, I'm totally fangirling for the upcoming sequel! *.* ^^

Yeah, that's what I mean. They don't want to make it uninteresting with revealing everything within 20 eps , you know? But the Manga is a lot further right now and you get to know a lot of things. So everything's fine. The people critzing it are either impatient or just dumb simpletons
Mar 6, 2016 5:26 AM

Jan 2014
Someone told me Nichijou was unfunny trash.

I cast a spell that would give him blue balls.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 6, 2016 5:41 AM
May 2015
For me, it was my friend telling me that Shinsekai Yori is for homosexuals and It had terrible art style and just dropped, pointing out how terrible it was. We are still friend but lets just say our friendship isn´t what it used to be
Mar 6, 2016 6:09 AM
May 2015
Robiiii said:
Mystic_Wolf said:

Lol its 3deep5him
So hes a dumbass :P
yes xd Shigatsu has a deep story and... Well, people say the anime is boring because of what they heard and not because what they saw... Just my opinion .-.
Mar 6, 2016 6:42 AM

Apr 2015
Favorite Anime- Oregairu

Worst thing I ever heard- It is for girls, who watches romance, are u gay?

Reaction- Asked him to watch few episodes for friendship's sake, Ringed me up at 2 a.m. to apologize.
Mar 6, 2016 8:35 AM
Apr 2015
Nothing.

They don't like the thing I like? Okay.
Mar 6, 2016 8:49 AM

Apr 2011
Last time I saw someone bash Shinsekai Yori, it was last year..... Early last year. I can't remember exactly what he said, but I think it was something along the lines of the characters' actions not making sense or something. My reaction was to switch to Tv Tropes and get lost wiki-walking.... yet again.
Mar 6, 2016 10:05 AM

Mar 2016
Someone tried to do that on my thread I just asked them to start a new post if they want to talk bad about it.
Mar 6, 2016 10:32 AM

Apr 2015
Minkey said:
Someone said that No Game No Life (one of my favorite animes) was an anime made for pedophiles, I laughed irl just at how fucking ridiculous that comment was.

Dude, how should I put it... I like the series as well, I haven't watched the anime yet, but I read the 1st volume of LN. You CAN consider it as material for pedophiles... Not that it's, not that the story is about it, but yeah, comments like the one you heard are not ridiculous.

Just to prove it... Since I read the actual book, I'm also familiar with the illustrations in it. Shiro is 11 years old as far as I remember. I'll provide a link to the image of the bath scene...

Now walk with that image to a random adult and say: "Hey, she's 11, but it's alright since it's an anime" and wait for his/her response or just ask for their opinion^^

I'll repeat just in case. I like No Game No Life. I don't consider that it's made for pedophiles. Some people might though, and they have a reason for that.
KorNkMar 6, 2016 10:35 AM
Mar 6, 2016 12:00 PM

Oct 2015
KorNk said:
Minkey said:
Someone said that No Game No Life (one of my favorite animes) was an anime made for pedophiles, I laughed irl just at how fucking ridiculous that comment was.

Dude, how should I put it... I like the series as well, I haven't watched the anime yet, but I read the 1st volume of LN. You CAN consider it as material for pedophiles... Not that it's, not that the story is about it, but yeah, comments like the one you heard are not ridiculous.

Just to prove it... Since I read the actual book, I'm also familiar with the illustrations in it. Shiro is 11 years old as far as I remember. I'll provide a link to the image of the bath scene...

Now walk with that image to a random adult and say: "Hey, she's 11, but it's alright since it's an anime" and wait for his/her response or just ask for their opinion^^

I'll repeat just in case. I like No Game No Life. I don't consider that it's made for pedophiles. Some people might though, and they have a reason for that.

Yea ok.. that image might indeed trigger people to say that the anime is made for pedophiles. Is that picture from the anime?
Anime List Manga List
Mar 6, 2016 12:11 PM

Aug 2015
So far none said smth stupid about the favorite things I watched.
Anyway, if they would trash smth I like -->
I would talk about my friends IRL, how ''those people'' could dislike ''smth good''.

I don't get angry fast, I guess.

Mar 6, 2016 12:54 PM

Jul 2015
https://sogru.wordpress.com/2012/10/05/bakemonogatari-is-the-worst-anime-i-have-ever-watched-in-my-entire-life/

I laughed quite loud reading this.
Just to think someone made a review after barely peeking at synopsis.
Well, School Days has its poor fame thanks to it...

Mar 6, 2016 2:07 PM

Apr 2015
Minkey said:
Yea ok.. that image might indeed trigger people to say that the anime is made for pedophiles. Is that picture from the anime?

No, it literally the second page of the light novel from which the anime was adapted.
Mar 6, 2016 2:18 PM

Jul 2015
Galaxy__ said:
Anime: code geass

a friend of mine said that the ending of death note is better than the ending of code geass. i had to laugh.

If that's the worst then I suppose you're lucky .

Z-Dante said:
Telling me that it's bad but then walking away without saying why it's bad. Literally the worst thing ever.

That's not bad at all .That way you can see them as foolish beings who preach utter crap .Much better than having someone break down the critical aspects your favourite anime failed in if you ask me .

Annoyin said:
I had to agree.

Whaaaaaat ?????You're a disgrace to the Gintama cult .
Wohooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Mar 6, 2016 2:22 PM

Feb 2015
SodiumChloride said:

Annoyin said:
I had to agree.

Whaaaaaat ?????You're a disgrace to the Gintama cult .

Lol, I think they meant all of the literal shit jokes that Gintama makes.

Whenever somebody writes a terrible review of Sword Art Online, I get into a huge argument with them. Even if I know beforehand that it's a troll review.
SilentAnswerMar 6, 2016 2:27 PM
Mar 6, 2016 2:26 PM

May 2012
I read braininthejar's review on texhnolyze and was appalled. Then, I realized I don't give a damn about what he thinks, or most other people really.
Mar 6, 2016 2:33 PM

Feb 2016
omg so once someone told me that one-punch man was overrated, horrible and one of the worst shows they watched, so I arranged a huge PETITION, including all the school students and teachers(who knew the anime), showing that it was an amazING ANIME. I collected over 20 signatures and little notes
Mar 6, 2016 2:37 PM

Jul 2015
When people hate on Samurai X: Trust and Betrayal for not being page for page being exactly like the manga. I see these people as being (Very) narrow minded.
Mar 6, 2016 3:02 PM

Jul 2013
This thread makes me react more than personnal experiences. I usually don't loose time on the net, you know. (maybe I am right now)
People should let whoever like what they like. You may think, this is not for me, even mentally categorize the person who said that, but taking down in flames someone's favourite anime is stupid.
For example, I dislike Evangelion. Right. That's because I know perfectly what it wants to demonstrate and I don't like such a gloomy psychological setting, even if there's some hope in it.
Personnal opinion, not hurting other's feeling. See, it's possible!

For overrated/hyped shows... I enjoyed some. I know their flaws, but I don't care, I just don't pretend they are the best ones out there. Do blockbusters really overthrow them on scenaristic point of view? (You'll easely find some obvious examples in my list)
Same for ecchi, I'm not a big fan of this, still I laughed hard at ecchi scenes sometimes. Depends how it's brought in.

And there's one more category in my eyes : the shows that were painful to watch, that I still like. Namely Texhnolyze, Shinsekai Yori or Higurashi. A weird fascination, maybe. I regret nothing.
NoblueskyMar 6, 2016 3:09 PM
Mar 6, 2016 3:25 PM
Jun 2014
Someone: "NGE is the most pretentious shit that i have ever seen, Code geass is way smarter and has better written characters than this trashy series"
Me: "LOL LOL LOL LOL"
Mar 6, 2016 3:37 PM

Aug 2015
Someone : Inazuma Eleven is so childish and unrealistic.
Me; Least it gets more darker after S1 and all of the characters are well development in the end unlike Free and Prince Of Stride where everyone is just messing around and they are both hardly a sports anime,
Also Inazuma Eleven is one the best sports anime out ever!!!
TakaCodeMar 6, 2016 3:41 PM
Mar 6, 2016 4:35 PM
Aug 2015
"I don't get why people like Gintama so much. The humor is toilet and the MC is way too OP with his kendo stick"
My reaction: Meh, a great loss for you, then. I'll just enjoy Madao get his ass beaten by life, thank you very much.

"I watched Clannad for like 3 episodes, Tomoya is a jerk and what a cliche harem. They also pulled story out of their rear for the 2nd season. Why are you liking this?"
My reaction: Okay, nevermind then. It's not like the robot and girl scene got any meaning at all. And Tomoya is self-professed prankster, not everyone can be Gary-Sue.
Mar 6, 2016 5:07 PM

May 2015
"I haven't seen monster, but the show its shit because psychological shows are shit" - Friend

I RKO'd the motherfucker straight out of a window.

But in all seriousness, I just sighed, rolled my eyes and went along with my day.
My Dumb Youtube channel that honest to heart I'm not plugging on my signature to try to get views because I'm desperate.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6D4SN3Dl1b1T5CjdvQgFKA
Mar 7, 2016 3:15 AM

Dec 2015
KorNk said:
TarDonkie said:
Any time i see someone talking bad about one of my fav anime's i just get super offended

Dude, I don't know, try to grow up? Even if you like Death Note or something as bad as Inuyasha, which always receive critique, there is no point in getting offended just because someone didn't like it...

lmao ok
I still get offended, i usually don't say anything anyways so why does it matter
Mar 7, 2016 3:21 AM

Dec 2015
Mamster-P said:
"Harem and ecchi is killing the industry "

Yea...

Only thing killing it are the people who think the industry is being killed..

So plz fuck off...

Ecchi and harem is killing the industry <drops bait>.

When I heard someone say they don't like steins;gate because it was dumb (no other reason than that).

My reaction: I though to myself "You wouldn't know a great anime if it slapped you in the face."
Mar 7, 2016 8:33 AM

Apr 2015
Madoka has one-dimensional characters, I mean, I'd like to see people complaints more about the gloomy plot twist for being 'edgy' rather than characters I can comprehend that more like cmon the character development is way better than most one seasonals. I'll probably just pity them and won't say anything.
Mar 7, 2016 10:30 AM

Mar 2014
I don't know, I don't really take criticism to heart.

Opinions are a wonderful thing to have! ^_^

I've got my taste, and they've got their (shit) taste.
::End of Transmission::

Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» thoughts on users that have a mean score of below 5?

deg - 2 hours ago

11 by Daviljoe193 »»
14 minutes ago

» Opinions on the state of the BL genre? ( 1 2 )

decco6226 - Yesterday

61 by Memore »»
14 minutes ago

» Is there hope for classic super robots?

Timeline_man - Apr 25

21 by Scyfher »»
19 minutes ago

» Post the Last Anime Items you bought ( 1 2 )

SpeedyAlchemist - Mar 10

88 by MadanielFL »»
39 minutes ago

Poll: » anime is trash and so am i

deg - 3 hours ago

21 by animegamer245 »»
58 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.