Forum Settings
Forums

Worst thing someone said about your favorite anime and how did you react?

New
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Mar 3, 2016 10:12 AM

Jul 2014
I don't like people who doesn't appreciate the plot of Nichijou.
Mar 3, 2016 10:17 AM

Feb 2015
People say Fairy Tail is bad and it makes me cry. :(
Mar 3, 2016 10:22 AM

Feb 2013
setitoff said:
one time a classmate said that Madoka Magica was masturbation content and had absolutely no plot. I don't remember exactly how I reacted, but boy was I mad

I would have said to him that its not the anime's fault if he is a horny otaku that cant think of anything but masturbate to lolis and that's why maybe he missed the plot.

Mar 3, 2016 10:25 AM

Jul 2015
badwolf45f said:
setitoff said:
one time a classmate said that Madoka Magica was masturbation content and had absolutely no plot. I don't remember exactly how I reacted, but boy was I mad

I would have said to him that its not the anime's fault if he is a horny otaku that cant think of anything but masturbate to lolis and that's why maybe he missed the plot.

BTW badwolf, Nico is a lolicon bait.

:3
Mar 3, 2016 10:27 AM

Apr 2015
My friend told me he hated Bakemonogatari, and skipped scenes to see if anything actually happened that would interest him. To take this further, he watched the series out of release order. Watching Owarimonogatari first...

"...."

"You ignorant chuckle fuck! The series main strength is its writing, which you skipped! And you watched it out of order!" -_-+
Mar 3, 2016 10:27 AM

Dec 2015
Friend: "Gintama? More like Cuntama!"
Me: *Staring at him* "Piss off m8 ur favourite is High School DxD, u weeb XD"
Mar 3, 2016 10:37 AM

Feb 2013
Clebardman said:
badwolf45f said:

BTW badwolf, Nico is a lolicon bait.

:3

Sadly it can be considered that, and it annoys me cuz whenever you ask them why they like Nico is just "omg she so cutee <3 loli <3 waifuuu material" and i just want to punch mysefl in the face.

Mar 3, 2016 10:44 AM

Sep 2015
Mamster-P said:
"Harem and ecchi is killing the industry "

Yea...

Only thing killing it are the people who think the industry is being killed..

So plz fuck off...

Ecchi is great though. Those plebs will never understand.
It's an entirely different kind of flying, altogether!
It's an entirely different kind of flying.
Mar 3, 2016 12:00 PM
Feb 2016
i've got a story like that. not anime though.
when i was 14 y.o... my classmate and i like a manga. the manga is quite popular. there's a love triangle in it. the female mc end up with male mc that i'm rooting for. my friend who was rooting for another male mc then start to mock my fav male mc, constantly. i ignored it, then she even start to mock the manga as well. then i got mad and said frontally "if your fav character lose then don't mock the manga, you coward! your fav characer is unpopular so he lose! it's an evidence that your taste is simply suck!"
...i think i went overboard. hahaha. then we fought for several days.
Mar 3, 2016 12:03 PM

Jul 2013
Relinquished- said:
My friend told me he hated Bakemonogatari, and skipped scenes to see if anything actually happened that would interest him. To take this further, he watched the series out of release order. Watching Owarimonogatari first...

"...."

"You ignorant chuckle fuck! The series main strength is its writing, which you skipped! And you watched it out of order!" -_-+
Curiously, he is not the only one who have started the series from Owari, some guy even made one thread asking if he must start from Owari to enjoy the Monogatari Series and even some people said that the series was messy because they didn't even inform themselves that Bake is the first -_-
Mar 3, 2016 12:12 PM
Sep 2015
I suggested Fate/Zero to a friend of mine and he dropped it after only watching 10 minutes (literally) because "he hated the characters and the music was awful". This made me ten times more cynical.
Mar 3, 2016 12:28 PM
Jul 2018
"Kuroshitsugi was bad and Ciel was a whiny shota bitch. The BL innuendo was borderline pedophilia and downright cringeworthy."

Nigga what?! Almost had to box fools that day, so crazy.
Mar 3, 2016 12:30 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Klad said:

That's bullshit and I dont even know how people's opinions affect the industry's state in some godly way

those people don't buy as much, and try to get other people to not watch certain shows

how else?

ItsMaz said:

Ecchi is great though. Those plebs will never understand.

yes, ecchi is great in every way, no matter where it shows up, you know me on this subject lol

yea some people just won't
Mar 3, 2016 12:30 PM

Jan 2015
I ignore them, because i have a life. Better things to do than getting pissed at people talking bad about my fav shows..
Mar 3, 2016 12:40 PM

Dec 2015
Wow some people said Boku no Pico was horrible...
*Just kidding*

-One time someone said that Mushishi (my fav anime) has no sense and stories were boring as well as the MC... I finally cried . I cried a lot ;_;

Mar 3, 2016 12:51 PM

Apr 2015
Itadakimasuuuu said:
People say they're shit, and then I laugh and say "you're right"
you know what though this might actually be a good technique to
Try out. :)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 3, 2016 1:30 PM
Jan 2016
Mkim said:
Bobby2Hands said:
I once beat a man to death with a stapler for offending the honour of my waifu.
You only did what was the correct thing to do

Isn't this little extreme for a fictional character?
Mar 3, 2016 1:32 PM
Jul 2018
I never heard an a negative opinion of Steins;Gate it's either Overwhelmingly positive, postive, or okay. So I wouldn't really know.
Mar 3, 2016 1:40 PM
Jan 2013
InnocentVillain said:
Mkim said:

eeeeerm, maybe, just maybe it could of been a bit extreme
But I'm sure people understand
gone bai bai
Mar 3, 2016 1:49 PM

Jul 2013
InnocentVillain said:
Mkim said:

Not at all. He only did what any true man will did in his situation; defend the honour of his waifu.
Mar 3, 2016 2:08 PM

Apr 2015
Illyricus said:
InnocentVillain said:

Not at all. He only did what any true man will did in his situation; defend the honour of his waifu.

We know that too well, don't we, Illy? 👍
Mar 3, 2016 2:14 PM

Jul 2013
Relinquished- said:
Illyricus said:

We know that too well, don't we, Illy? 👍
Exactly, Reli, we, as the true men we are, know exactly what that guy felt ;)
Mar 3, 2016 2:15 PM

Dec 2015
I think the most comment critique I've heard of my favourite anime is that the plot is too generic. No one's ever said that to my face, though, so I've never been able to engage them. It is something I've wanted to discuss, though - I've never seen an anime pull off quite what it did, so I want to know how it's "generic."

(Is it because the plot is pretty simple...? Because I personally like simple plots where the emphasis is on character/setting/atmosphere. Complex plots are too easy messed up, even with very good writers. So it would be an interesting debate.)
Mar 3, 2016 2:20 PM

Aug 2015
No one has ever said anything about my #1 favorite. Just about my taste in general.
Mar 3, 2016 2:22 PM
Jul 2015
Fengwu said:
I think the most comment critique I've heard of my favourite anime is that the plot is too generic. No one's ever said that to my face, though, so I've never been able to engage them. It is something I've wanted to discuss, though - I've never seen an anime pull off quite what it did, so I want to know how it's "generic."

(Is it because the plot is pretty simple...? Because I personally like simple plots where the emphasis is on character/setting/atmosphere. Complex plots are too easy messed up, even with very good writers. So it would be an interesting debate.)

Stranger: Mukou Hadan's plot is really generic. That's not necessarily a bad thing though, I would still be willing to watch the 2 seasons of SAO straight if I knew I would be allowed to watch that final duel between the MC and the Main Protagonist right after.

And regarding my favorite animu, it's shit so I don't care if anyone bashes it.
hi
Mar 3, 2016 2:27 PM

Dec 2015
Buo said:
Fengwu said:

Stranger: Mukou Hadan's plot is really generic. That's not necessarily a bad thing though, I would still be willing to watch the 2 seasons of SAO straight if I knew I would be allowed to watch that final duel between the MC and the Main Protagonist right after.

Okay, so: what makes it generic? Because you've said exactly what everyone else has, but still haven't explained it. I'm looking for the explanation.
Mar 3, 2016 2:44 PM
Jul 2015
Fengwu said:
Buo said:

Okay, so: what makes it generic? Because you've said exactly what everyone else has, but still haven't explained it. I'm looking for the explanation.

The plot revolves around a bunch of greedy and selfish bad guys trying to attain eternal life by sacrificing an innocent young boy who appears to be the chosen one. One lonesome warrior wants to protect that kid in order to be forgiven for the sins he commited in the past.

The badass main villain wants to fight the strongest warrior there is in a honorable duel and accompanied the less important villains in order to achieve that. The strongest warrior happens to be the lonesome warrior.

Almost every character in the movie is one dimensional (apart from the lonesome warrior).

This is very generic, it's the same old Good vs Evil kind of plot with the Eternal Life twist and everything was made so people fight to the death for that, just so we can have awesomely animated fights.

Though, like I said, it didn't stop me from enjoying the movie. Generic doesn't necessarily mean it's bad.
hi
Mar 3, 2016 3:02 PM

Dec 2015
Buo said:
Fengwu said:

The plot revolves around a bunch of greedy and selfish bad guys trying to attain eternal life by sacrificing an innocent young boy who appears to be the chosen one. One lonesome warrior wants to protect that kid in order to be forgiven for the sins he commited in the past.

The badass main villain wants to fight the strongest warrior there is in a honorable duel and accompanied the less important villains in order to achieve that. The strongest warrior happens to be the lonesome warrior.

Almost every character in the movie is one dimensional (apart from the lonesome warrior).

This is very generic, it's the same old Good vs Evil kind of plot with the Eternal Life twist and everything was made so people fight to the death for that, just so we can have awesomely animated fights.

Though, like I said, it didn't stop me from enjoying the movie. Generic doesn't necessarily mean it's bad.

See I'd argue that a generic plot is one that brings nothing new to the idea. In the end, virtually every plot is going to boil down to "good vs. evil" or something of the sort. (There's a literary theory that says there's only two plots: "A stranger comes to town" and "a person goes on a journey.") So while Stranger does have these really base elements to it, it also brings in aspects that other movies don't have. One of the main things I can think of is that the current-time plot is actually bound together by the antagonists, not the protagonists, to think of one off the top of my head. You also don't see coups collapsing in on themselves everyday. It's plot is about as basic as, say, Fury Road, but "generic" isn't really a criticism levelled at that movie, so I'm just curious as to why it gets levelled and and used as a criticism for this movie. I also don't really buy into the prophecy part making it generic. First, I think only really one person (Bailuan) actually believed it would even work. Two, the plot doesn't support it being a "prophecy story", if only because the audience (and probably most of the characters) don't know what the actual prophecy is. It's also no more true than any prophecy that might have sent Xu Fu to the East. So that, to me at least, challenges that argument.

As you said, the plot elements don't make it or any other thing a bad story. But people often criticise it as being "generic" as a bad thing, and that's just kind what I wasn't getting. But thanks for your reply!
Mar 3, 2016 3:07 PM

Nov 2015
"daily reminder that Gate is a piece of shit compared to the manga" and i reacted in the only way acceptable for an internet person: violently
Mar 3, 2016 4:55 PM

Dec 2014
I don't give a shit what people think about the anime that I like.

I have seen dumb things about shows I like ("The Perfect Insider is a LN adaptation" (by that case Legend of the Galactic Heroes is one as well (Insider and LOGH are adaptations of regular novels not light novels)), "Hibike Euphonium's fanbase is homophobic therefore the show sucks", and the various reviews on sites like ANN that call a show they're watching shit even if it's just because of one episode that's not the finale (even if they liked the previous episodes this one episode makes the entire series not worth watching)), but not like I care. At most I just groan at them.
Mar 3, 2016 7:01 PM

Jan 2014
Wensbane said:
Someone once said Evangelion is crap because the main character is a weakling.

That's actually a good way to spot a beta male. They don't like to see weakness displayed on screen, it reminds them too much of themselves when they're looking to escape reality.

They might just not like weakling characters though so that's a pretty bad way to judge someone. Shinji seems to fit his role fine though so their argument blows. I'm just saying in like harems and shit weakling characters are annoying af, I'd be slanging my schlong left and right tf.
Problems that cannot be solved do not exist in this world.

Mar 3, 2016 7:21 PM

Dec 2015
Someone called Sakurasou a stupid ecchi harem. I assumed they just didn't watch it.
Anime sucks.
Mar 3, 2016 7:32 PM

Sep 2013
"Soul Eater was terrible because of the main character."
"I hope you don't mean Maka..."
"Ya, her."
"Well FUCK you too."

I still hope that fucker gets hit by a truck.
Mar 3, 2016 7:37 PM

Mar 2014
Clebardman said:
Most TTGL/KlK/FLCL haters refuse to admit that they just don't like the unique art styles and frantic pacing of those shows.
Yeah, most of the haters just hate anything "over the top", which is understandable, but not a valid criticism. I got bored arguing about fan service so now I just don't really care. My reaction used to be posting unnecessarily long essays.
Mar 3, 2016 8:05 PM

Mar 2015
Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu is the dumbest anime that he ever seen.
(Without realizing, he just gave the best compliment for the series LoL)
This salad is salty favored
Mar 3, 2016 8:07 PM

Dec 2015
Cat soup: "Cat soup is retarded ass shit, you must do fucking drugs you stupid cunt. This dumb bitch thinks this is better than clannad? Go fuck yourself and do more drugs, whore"

Texhnolyze: "Stupid elitist shit, that tried way too hard. People lie about liking it to seem smart, but they're just fucking stupid".

Your lie in april: "Anyone who has shigatsu in their favorites loses my respect completely."

Kaiba: "kaiba gets a 10, but one piece gets a one? you obviously don't know quality. just stay off of MAL you elitist piece of shit. People like you make me laugh".

Revolutionary girl utena: "Pretentious lesbian bull shit, but you must be a pretentious lesbian yourself".

Also L: "An autistic gary stu who's hiding his gay identity? So that's your type?"

My reaction to it all: "lulz"

Just to note, three of these were from the same person. Yea, you can tell he was pretty tsundere for me.
KonaKoffeeMar 3, 2016 8:19 PM
Banner credit to @turnip
Mar 3, 2016 8:10 PM
Feb 2016
I don't know anyone personally that even knows what Ao no Exorcist is. :(
Mar 4, 2016 12:52 AM

Jun 2012
My current no.1 favorite is EVANGELION, and I've heard someone insulting it as nothing but a blatant Ultraman rip-off (even considering Ultraman to be far more worthwhile than EVA). That was the worst insult to EVA I've ever heard thus far.

I could respond like this: "EVA may drew some inspirations from Ultraman, but it is NOT EVEN REMOTELY CLOSE of being a blatant rip-off". But I didn't.
"All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu."

However, in Gundam, all life begins with Nu and ends with Hi-Nu. While in KanColle, all life begins with Nu and ends with Kinu.
Mar 4, 2016 5:23 AM

Jan 2013
Mamster-P said:
Klad said:

That's bullshit and I dont even know how people's opinions affect the industry's state in some godly way

those people don't buy as much, and try to get other people to not watch certain shows

how else?
What? So you're saying that people who hate on ecchi do not buy anime? And people who love ecchi do?

You're either joking or have some handicap
Mar 4, 2016 5:24 AM

Apr 2013
If I got a dollar for every time someone said Fairy Tail is shit... I would definitely have more than one dollar!
Mar 4, 2016 5:27 AM
Mar 2013
Fav anime is clannad AS

It annoys me when people say the ending was a deus ex machina when it was foreshadowed from the start. I tend to ignore them nowadays
Mar 4, 2016 7:29 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Klad said:
What? So you're saying that people who hate on ecchi do not buy anime? And people who love ecchi do?

You're either joking or have some handicap

Only thing killing it are the people who think the industry is being killed..

did you forget i said this?

its like you completely skipped it in order to strawman my statement
Mar 4, 2016 7:53 AM

Sep 2015
_Esper_ said:
Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu is the dumbest anime that he ever seen.
(Without realizing, he just gave the best compliment for the series LoL)

Hahaha that is true. My first reaction to Baka to Test was "what the fuck am I watching?" before proceeding to laugh hysterically at all the idiotic stuff that followed.
It's an entirely different kind of flying, altogether!
It's an entirely different kind of flying.
Mar 4, 2016 8:16 AM

Mar 2014
KonaKoffee4 said:
Texhnolyze: "Stupid elitist shit, that tried way too hard. People lie about liking it to seem smart, but they're just fucking stupid".
There's a large group of people here lingering under the delusion that people only put tex an similar shows in their favorites to look smart, the irony being that they are admitting to tex being smart and just come off as insecure about their own taste.

Kaiba: "kaiba gets a 10, but one piece gets a one? you obviously don't know quality. just stay off of MAL you elitist piece of shit. People like you make me laugh".
I laughed way too hard at this one.
Mar 4, 2016 8:24 AM

Jun 2015
"SAO is shit, and your taste is shit."
Coupled with :
"Gintama is the best thing ever, you are just too dumb to understand how deep it is."

triggers the shit out of me.
Seiya0890 said:
But its still disgusting from my point of view, and from the word's point of view, therefore its disgusting.

Wise words.
Mar 4, 2016 12:05 PM

Oct 2015
Erased haters nowadays seem to insult me more than the actual show...
Mar 4, 2016 3:23 PM
Jul 2018
Two things I learned from this forum:

1.I'm lucky that all my SAO comments defending it was just removed and nothing else happened.

2.Don't mess with Otakus they are aggressive especially if you disagree with them.....

As for your question, it was just a troll comment saying "u and ur taste is sh** if you like angle beats"

It was a pretty stupid comment on Youtube, that I didn't have much of a reaction to. I only picked it as the worst comment because it was the blandest and the most attention seeking comment that I've ever seen.
removed-userMar 4, 2016 3:51 PM
Mar 4, 2016 3:47 PM

Jul 2015
Anime: code geass

a friend of mine said that the ending of death note is better than the ending of code geass. i had to laugh.
Chimera-Ant Arc sucks
A1-Pictures is great
Lelouch is alive
Mar 4, 2016 5:21 PM
Mar 2016
I didn't, too much work.                 
Mar 5, 2016 10:52 AM

Dec 2015
Any time i see someone talking bad about one of my fav anime's i just get super offended

like when people say that death note turns horrible after ep 25 I'm just like

but.. but you're so wrong
same with any of animes that I love that are long, like with Inuyasha and Yugioh people complain about one thing or the other and I just get offended

I've fought with someone on facebook (a few years ago) over them telling me that my fav anime is stupid and theirs was better but now it's just

why fight
it really doesn't matter
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» cocain kaufen

lokimfack - 3 minutes ago

1 by Daviljoe193 »»
42 seconds ago

» Anime you liked more on second viewing

JoeChip - 1 hour ago

8 by Anjuro »»
3 minutes ago

» weedsgram

lokimfack - 12 minutes ago

2 by Daviljoe193 »»
5 minutes ago

» Dumb narcissistic perverts is supposed to be funny?

Ri-KoRin - 2 hours ago

20 by APolygons2 »»
6 minutes ago

» Lifespan of an Anime fan?

Ex-Aid - 3 hours ago

19 by Nurguburu »»
16 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.