Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Dimension W
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Feb 21, 2016 5:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well I thought this episode is fairly interesting because we see Kyouma's past. He looks just as cool back then as now. And he can kick ass on the streets too :D

Too bad tragedy struck for Miyabi. No wonder Kyouma hates coil so much...

I'm starting to kinda dislike the prince now for some reason this episode. The storytelling is still fairly well done imo with the operation. Glad to see that they're making Elizabeth relevant too. Damn that cliffhanger...can't wait for the next episode~

Stark700Feb 21, 2016 6:27 AM
Feb 21, 2016 6:35 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Didn't know Kyouma has such tragic past, so tragic that it made him hating on coil.

The 2nd half of this episode reminded me of Hunter X Hunter, the Collectors also reminded me of Hunters.
....and they're going to Chernobyl-like Island, which makes it thrilling, just like one of the Hunter Test.

Twintails Elizabeth is <3

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Feb 21, 2016 6:43 AM

Jan 2012
A fairly straightforward and, thankfully, succinct look into Kyouma's tragic past, his lost love Miyabi, and why he is who he is today. Really thought they'd spend a full episode on that so it was a nice surprise when they didn't. It was certainly sad, but not something I wanted the show to linger on for awhile. I get the feeling we haven't seen the last of Miyabi's vanished head though...also, what if the one coil that functioned they're all after was Mira's? I don't think that'll happen, and I hope it doesn't, but it wouldn't shock me if they pulled that twist on us.
Feb 21, 2016 6:47 AM

Dec 2013
Wasn't expecting to have a flashback this soon. Cool to see why Kyouma hates coils so much. I hope we get the rest of what happened soon.

Blonde Krul is back!

Cliffhanger was pretty crazy.
G_Spark233Feb 21, 2016 7:04 AM
Feb 21, 2016 7:03 AM

Sep 2015
Kyouma's past really was tragic, the feel... And once again bring Kyouma back to the last war island where he lost everything.

twin-tail Elizabeth <3

Finally, the start of the first book main story. I finished reading manga until chp 70+ which end the first book. I must say pretty excited that anime will be able to animated all, of course anime version will have cuts here and there.

Everything until now is actually linked together include Miyabi's death, many things will unfold also and everything will end in that tragic island. Cool story i must say.
Feb 21, 2016 7:03 AM

Aug 2010
Best ep in a while.

When Miyabi was mentioned last ep and I saw how she looks like I never expected she and Kyouma were lovers O_o But they were really cute together <3

It was nice to finally see some Grendel related stuff with Kyouma but I really wanna see more before he lost his memories.

And I agree that's not the last we see of her head.

The 2nd half was quite interesting. Can't wait to see how it goes down. Lots of hype characters together
Feb 21, 2016 7:07 AM

Jul 2015
Okay, so I thought Salva was one of the Beasts of Grendel (Mabuichi did say that only he himself and Kyouma came back from that mission), but I guess I got that wrong. Must've watched the previous episode wrong. Didn't know.

Well, anyways, some of Kyouma's past! Finally. So he was in love with a girl named Miyabi, who is Tsubaki's sister (I didn't expect that or to see Tsubaki as well), and has an incurable disease, which is a bit cliche, but the way Kyouma lost Miyabi wasn't what I was expecting. Thought he would be too late or something and she would have died from the disease overall, but nope. Either way, that's a shame for him and Tsubaki. I can see why he hates coils more, now.

Anyways, about the other collectors, Hitman K.K. and Scorpion Cat Cassidy looks pretty cool. Jason looks absolutely ridiculous. He kinda reminds me of a certain "someone" from Fairy Tail. He even has a wannabe superhero-like get up. >_> Elizabeth and Loser both came along, I see. Commander Cedric also looks pretty cool.
Feb 21, 2016 7:14 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Wow, that backstory was sad. I can fully understand Kyouma's behaviour.

And damn, this is looking very interesting now with everyone going on that island.
Feb 21, 2016 7:18 AM

Apr 2013
That Awesome Lexus LFA !
Feb 21, 2016 7:23 AM

Aug 2008
After a couple of rather disappointing episodes the show seems to be back on track. Poorly done expositions and really lazily written collector characters took away some enjoyment though. Why put effort into coming up with actually interesting characters if you can just make them a bunch of weirdos or clowns... Luckily Kyouma's backstory was done well enough and general plot development was interesting enough to mitigate some of these faults.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Feb 21, 2016 7:24 AM

Aug 2015
those cracking sounds when kyouma was in a grip really ticked my gag reflexes

Feb 21, 2016 7:35 AM

Nov 2014
Colin Keys was quite the badass. I laughed when he nonchalantly dodged Kyo's attack and punched him down. Kyo shouldn't have rushed up to them like a maniac anyway, but I guess he had to do that to prove his abilities.

Steve Jobs?

An alright episode. Too much blatant exposition.
Feb 21, 2016 7:35 AM

Aug 2013
My God, finally some actual plot. Hype is back.
rsc-plFeb 21, 2016 7:50 AM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Feb 21, 2016 7:43 AM

Dec 2014
I believe this episode took a wide turn showing us kyouma past and as the crew enters Easter Island. It builds up the scenario for us to look forward to
Feb 21, 2016 7:43 AM

Feb 2015
Great episode even though it was quite fast paced, the next episode looks like it could be action packed. Loving that Lexus LFA!
Feb 21, 2016 7:47 AM

Dec 2015
Finally some back story on Kyoma. At least we now know why he hates coils so much.

aikaflip said:
Steve Jobs?

An alright episode. Too much blatant exposition.

I think Steve is the one who needs to explain himself.

Feb 21, 2016 7:51 AM
Jan 2016
Well that was sad past :(.Now we know y kyoma hate coil so much.
Next episode action begins.
Feb 21, 2016 7:55 AM

Dec 2014
Well most shows this week seemed to either stay the same or get better/get back on track. Dimension W took the latter route in my opinion.

Really liked this one. Though it just felt like a preview for events to come in the future.

+1 for the fact that the 2 fat kids aren't American. (They seem to be British or something) It's nice to see that stereotypes aren't really commonplace in this show.
Feb 21, 2016 8:12 AM

Jan 2013
his dead GF is actually the robot girl DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN
Feb 21, 2016 8:15 AM

Jul 2015
First half we finally get to see Kyouma's past and background, and the reason why he hates coils.
Then we get some epic pacing when the others reach Easter Island, and a cliffhanger that makes me wanna see the next episode right now.

Very good episode/5

Feb 21, 2016 8:18 AM
Nov 2015
The flashback on kyoumas past was awesome, well build storytelling of his tragedy and damn that breakdown scream. So much pain :/
Even got goosebumps of excitement when the whole grendel team invaded the island.
Must have been a fierce battle/great disaster to wipe out that entire elite squad with their shields and all.

Also the hype is real for the easter island arc !!! Mahh i want to spoil myself so badly with the manga right now :O

And lol @ steve jobs being the president of it all ^^
GidarFeb 21, 2016 8:24 AM
Feb 21, 2016 8:45 AM
Oct 2012
How I wish the Dimension W manga translations weren't so slow, cause damn that episode today, when a guy loses a cute saint of a girlfriend like that, I'm in an ocean of feels...
Feb 21, 2016 8:47 AM
May 2015
Basukesu-GE said:
How I wish the Dimension W manga translations weren't so slow, cause damn that episode today, when a guy loses a cute saint of a girlfriend like that, I'm in an ocean of feels...

So the manga just reached this point?
Feb 21, 2016 9:13 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Kyouma's past was nice to see, especially since it was so tragic. Now we know why he hates coils so much.

5/5
Feb 21, 2016 9:23 AM

Jul 2010
LOL was that Steve Jobs?

This arc should get interesting, already enjoying this ep much more than the last.
Feb 21, 2016 9:48 AM

Feb 2014
Kyoma's got a great taste in cars, first with the Toyota 2000GT, and then a Lexus LFA. Jeremy Clarkson would approve of Kyoma's taste for sure! =D

Still, his past was really tragic. Miyabi's a lovely girl who loves using the old camera her grandfather left for her. It's nice that they fell in love with each other too.

But because of her illness, Kyoma went to great lengths so that she could be tried for an experimental cure, although that led him getting punched by Colin Keys, who looks like a blonde Solid Snake to me. Despite getting pinned to the floor, Kyoma forcibly got himself up on his feet again, which surprised Colin. That gave him a chance to join the Grendal squad.

After the Easter Island fight, seeing Kyoma having to accept that his fiancée was dead was depressing to see. No wonder why he hates coils so much now. D=

Still, he's heading there again and will have to deal with the other collectors too, although that group are having a tough time landing. I'm already predicting a few of the collectors will probably die on this unstable island.

Overall, this is the best episode so far. =D
Feb 21, 2016 10:05 AM
Oct 2012
SovereignSky said:
Basukesu-GE said:

So the manga just reached this point?

The manga translation is barely out of the previous arc the anime covered :(
Feb 21, 2016 10:26 AM
Jul 2018
Wow kyouma has quite the sad past.

I wasn't expecting all of the Grendel soldiers to die, I was expecting some to live and be introduced later.

And you know miyabi is gonna appear again sometime later in the series. Either as a robot or a spirit maybe.

PS: who else thought of energy shields from halo when the soldiers activated their shields in the flashback lol.
Feb 21, 2016 10:40 AM

Aug 2012
lol Steve jobs showed up
Feb 21, 2016 10:48 AM

Jul 2014
How about all those krazy charater designs for the various collectors? You've got ponchos and cowboy hats and cloaks and superhero costumes and briefcases and siblings and and and... I didn't expect this sort of silly, but I can roll with it.
Feb 21, 2016 10:52 AM

Jun 2014
So we got to see Kyouma's backstory, which was unsurprisingly sad. Now we understand why he hates coils so much. I have a feeling we haven't seen the last of Miyabi though.......

I feel like after a couple of hiccup episodes, this anime is getting a little more interesting again. As long as we don't get a repeat of the rushed trainwreck known as episodes 4 and 5, I'll be satisfied. That ending though.......
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Feb 21, 2016 11:06 AM

Jan 2016
Damn those feels, definitely wasn't expecting Kyouma's backstory to be so tragic, but I love how were learning more about his life now and also about Grendel as well, they teased us with it so much in the other episodes and so it's now just a relief to finally be able to learn more about it.
Feb 21, 2016 11:31 AM

Mar 2008
Well that explains why Kyouma hates coils. Reasonable explanation I feel.
Feb 21, 2016 11:31 AM

Jul 2013
This may have been my favorite episode so far. Kyouma's backstory was beautiful, but so sad. WHY MUST IT BE THIS WAY?!

I feel like Miyabi was introduced for a reason though. I really hope something fucked up doesn't happen, like finding her head on Easter Island. Well, it would be a great twist for the anime, but it would be such a mindfuck for Kyouma. Honestly, I wouldn't mind a little asspull that she survived somehow, but there's <1% chance of that. D:
Feb 21, 2016 11:34 AM

May 2011
juicykitten95 said:

I don't think that's tha case, but I get the feeling that the professor created Mira for Kyouma bacause of what happened to her gf.
Feb 21, 2016 11:52 AM
Jul 2018
Kyouma's past was so tragic. He hates coils because they killed his girlfriend!
Feb 21, 2016 11:53 AM

Aug 2008
@AntonyRedgrave That would be quite sick of him unless he somehow mined part of her personality from one of alternative possibilities in DW. And it still would be unnecessarily convoluted.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Feb 21, 2016 11:59 AM
Feb 2016
Man that island is fucked. Got sphere ghosts and edgy geography. Can't wait to worry for Mira most likely getting hunted or just disabled by the nothingness.
Feb 21, 2016 12:03 PM

Sep 2014
This was a lot better than last week, and I'm glad we know why Kyoma hates coils now.
Feb 21, 2016 12:11 PM

Dec 2013
My guess is that Mira was probably built using Miyabi's brain - seeing that it was missing and it was said that Mira's cyberbrain is extremely organic and complex compared to other androids. Whether or not this makes them the same person... we'll see what happens.

Doubt it's a coincidence. Very similar backdrops.

Feb 21, 2016 12:21 PM

Jul 2014
The way he lost his Girlfriend was cliche but the way it played out was different enough that it wasnt like horribly cliche.

It was great seeing his backstory finally and understanding everything, also the way they went from backstory to present time as good.

Seeing Loser again was nice and twintails girl, interested in what whats gonna happen on the island with all the Collectors together at once, i'd imagine Kyoma is gonna end up fighting/killing one/multiple collectors
Feb 21, 2016 12:28 PM

Jul 2014
mwsmws22 said:
My guess is that Mira was probably built using Miyabi's brain - seeing that it was missing and it was said that Mira's cyberbrain is extremely organic and complex compared to other androids. Whether or not this makes them the same person... we'll see what happens.

Doubt it's a coincidence. Very similar backdrops.

Holy Shit I didn't put two and two together honestly. Also Mira lost her head in that episode and his Girlfriend lost her head, I don't know if im looking at it too deep or something but that seemed too much of a coincidence.

Mira's brain is defiantly Miyabi's theres no doubt, the way she acts is really similar , obviously her memories arnt linked though since she doesnt recognize or treat Kyoma any different
Feb 21, 2016 12:40 PM

Sep 2014
The American in anime

Kind of looks like a Bryan Hawk meets David Eagle from ippo
Feb 21, 2016 12:40 PM

Dec 2015
Dayum Kyuoma with new set of wheels!
Feb 21, 2016 12:55 PM

Aug 2015
Kyouma's backstory was pretty interesting. I'm liking where the story is heading.
Feb 21, 2016 1:05 PM

Jan 2014

The author and the series are the best in terms of car taste. First 2000GT and now a LFA. The author must be a Toyotaphile.

The flashback part is surprisingly not rushed (in terms of what I felt), kudos to the production team. Kyouma's backstory is as bland as I've imagined asdfggg

RayAdha said:
Didn't know Kyouma has such tragic past, so tragic that it made him hating on coil.

The 2nd half of this episode reminded me of Hunter X Hunter, the Collectors also reminded me of Hunters.
....and they're going to Chernobyl-like Island, which makes it thrilling, just like one of the Hunter Test.

Twintails Elizabeth is <3

Hunter vibe is strong, especially with that ending song :D

Can't wait for the next ep, the hype building in the second half is even better than BokuMachi. Hope it'll be as edgy as it's intended, which is promised by the show but doesn't success in making it to come true.
You will soon learn that a heart that choose to exist, even in a life filled with pain, will one day allow us to meet again.
With the world's blessings, we will meet again and again, forever returning to the homeworld we've yet to see.
Many, many times.

Feb 21, 2016 1:12 PM

Jul 2015
Awesome episode. No wonder Kyouma hates coils. Hyped for what comes next.
Feb 21, 2016 1:27 PM

Feb 2015
now we know why kyouma hates coil...
seriously, DAT scene, when kyouma see DAT freaking his girl's body, that is fuck up.
didn't see that coming and i'm speechless. that must be painful for him. DAMN!
DAT Easter Island though. that island is really messed up too...and really thrilling island. next episode will be a good one i guess. looking foward to it.

AntonyRedgrave said:
juicykitten95 said:

I don't think that's tha case, but I get the feeling that the professor created Mira for Kyouma bacause of what happened to his gf.

and the professor found his GF's head, and realize it, and he made mira with his GF's head. that's what i thought.
because i have a feeling that Miyabi is a little bit similiar to Mira.
YizelTroFeb 21, 2016 1:31 PM
Feb 21, 2016 1:31 PM

Dec 2012
Good to see Kyouma's past.
Losing Miyabi to the coils. I can see why Kyouma hates them so much.
Looks like a bunch of collectors are heading to Easter Island. Loser and Elizabeth are there as well.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Feb 21, 2016 1:35 PM

Oct 2015
Wow! Kyouma had a girlfriend in highschool.
Kyouma past was so sad and explain his hate for coils.
A new and giant team has appeared this is a good signal. Time to action starts.
I am Argentine, so is not very good my English, sorry for the many typing errors.

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dimension W Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 7, 2016

149 by weaboo_mestre »»
Jan 9, 2023 9:26 PM

Poll: » Dimension W Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2016

290 by DangerMouseDM »»
Jan 6, 2023 7:27 PM

Poll: » Dimension W Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 31, 2016

154 by cheesehuffer »»
Nov 7, 2022 1:20 PM

» should i drop this

mydaddy - Mar 18, 2022

8 by rmcewen »»
Mar 19, 2022 8:10 PM

» Why The Rating?

VANSEDE - Apr 7, 2016

11 by Daninokuni »»
Jan 14, 2021 12:58 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.