Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 19, 2016 5:55 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol a naked Zeref in the waters.

I like how Mavis uses her illusions to make Zeref feel better because of his curse.
The magic though. Even at this time period, I guess he has enough skills to teach others and we got some magic mechanics. Fun. Sweet music they used during the training scenes too.

Feb 19, 2016 6:51 PM

Mar 2012
Now the tale of the two begin.

It look like about 4 episode left before Zero end.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Feb 19, 2016 7:24 PM

Oct 2011
Zeref X Mavis moment <333

Hmm wouldn't Zeref technically also be considered one of the founding members of Fairy Tail??? Since he did teach Mavis and the others magic.
Feb 19, 2016 7:25 PM

Jul 2012
It was a nice episode considering how depressing it was in the last one with learning about the town and people dying and Mavis and the group being hurt, this one was definitely more uplifting. It was cool to learn more about Zeref's curse and see that he was the one who helped them learn their magic and we also see without him there probably would be no Fairy Tail which is pretty cool to learn. I honestly cannot wait to see the next episode to see how the battle will go now that they have their magic and also see when Fairy Tail is made along with what happens to Mavis since this is the second time we have heard one of the characters mention it at the end.

If you want to see my full review on the episode check out the link to my YouTube channel on my profile page where I make review videos on the current anime!
Feb 19, 2016 7:34 PM
Sep 2012
So this is the episode that has the moment that changes Mavis life forever. We meet the Black Wizard Zeref, and he is naked.

Anyway Mavis does something nice for him and uses her illusion magic so he can be around animals and not kill them, what a nice thing to do, and all Zeref will do is pay her back in scorn.

So everyone is desperate, than they learn from Zeref, I have to admit the classroom scenes were hilarious, and I think they had a little filler plot with Warrod's self confidence.

In the end, they all learn magic and Mavis has a new outfit. So the first wizards of Fairy Tail learned magic from Zeref, so in a way Zeref is responsible for Fairy Tail.

Anyway onto Blue Skill and some pay back. Great episode, this episode is really important to the series, more so than anything else in Zero.
Feb 19, 2016 7:42 PM

Dec 2015
I loved this chapter in the manga. I think this is the first time they mentioned Ankersahms curse in the anime too which I completely forgot about the discussion of this during this chapter. Great chapter seeing this animated. It was actually my favorite part in the manga just to find out that fairy tail was technically created by Zeref indirectly. Zera is still 10/10 cute as always :D!
Feb 19, 2016 9:37 PM

Jan 2016
Other than the chills I get from Zera and Zeref...
Another cute episode.
I loved prects pistol magic XD *pew pew*
The development we have been getting with Zeref just raises
Too many questions...... but the most direct one to this episode...
Zera or Mavis? Tenroujima or post-fairytail? Zeref!? Q_Q

Feb 19, 2016 10:04 PM

Dec 2009
Another fantastic episode of Zero, going to be sad when it ends since Mavis is great as the main lead. Mavis and Zeref are adorable with their interactions. It's cool to see Zeref is truly the one responsible for the birth of Fairy Tail because he taught Mavis and the others magic.
Aiko_HiroshiFeb 19, 2016 10:31 PM
Feb 19, 2016 10:54 PM

Dec 2013
A really enjoyable training episode.

Funny how Zeref had such a strong connection to the founding of Fairy Tail.
Feb 19, 2016 11:13 PM
Sep 2014
So Zeref taught them magic. But what is Mavis illusions if she didn't know how to use magic beforehand?
Feb 20, 2016 1:10 AM

Oct 2014
And another awesome episode :D

Lol @ Fairy Tactican Mavis in the Preview xD
Feb 20, 2016 1:42 AM

Dec 2014
That was a nice episode,
Wonder what Mavis's magic is :o
Feb 20, 2016 1:50 AM

Jan 2015
"Fairy tail would be born in 10days Perhaps im the one who killed her."
I didn't quite get that at the end... can someone explain without spoilers?xD Mavis didn't die since we saw her alive..
TyrelFeb 20, 2016 2:07 AM
Feb 20, 2016 2:19 AM

Aug 2012
Great episode. The training filler was nice.
Feb 20, 2016 2:20 AM

Jan 2016
Everything with Zeref is 5/5
Feb 20, 2016 2:35 AM

Aug 2013
SkullProX said:
I didn't quite get that at the end... can someone explain without spoilers?xD Mavis didn't die since we saw her alive..

He wander if he will end by killing her because of his curse, that means that he is starting to like her, but a same time, his curse kill everything that is precious around him...
Feb 20, 2016 3:01 AM

Jun 2013
she met Zeref naked
Feb 20, 2016 3:04 AM
Apr 2015
We get closer to the really epic scenes.
I love Zeref x Mavis. Im really REALLY looking forward to the next episodes.
It will get really awesome.
Many, many emotions ;_;
Feb 20, 2016 8:15 AM

Jun 2014
Kyaaaa! I ship Mavis and Zeref so much!!!
Black mage Mavis huh? I wonder if the magic Zeref taught her in the end is bad/dangerous since in the present day she's "light" Mage Mavis? Idk 😂
I'm excited to see how the fight against Blue Skull will turn out.

Overall this episode 10/10
Feb 20, 2016 9:27 AM
Jul 2013
SkullProX said:

Did you miss the fact that she has a grave, and that it is specifically mentioned multiple times throughout the series that she is dead and that only FT members can see her?

What Zeref is doing is called foreshadowing. It's not the Zeref from the time of episode that said that. Just imagine that it's Zeref that's telling the whole story of Zero.
Feb 20, 2016 10:31 AM

Aug 2010
That was really nice :)
Feb 20, 2016 11:07 AM

Jul 2013
Hearing Akira Ishida's voice during the majority of the episode was a bless. Gotta love Zeref, probably one of the best characters of FT.

I like how they added more screentime to our heros learning magic. In the manga, that was skipped. This is gonna end in 2 or 3 episodes if A1 Pictures didn't add more anime original footage.
Feb 20, 2016 11:28 AM

Jan 2015
AstralRadish said:
SkullProX said:

Did you miss the fact that she has a grave, and that it is specifically mentioned multiple times throughout the series that she is dead and that only FT members can see her?

What Zeref is doing is called foreshadowing. It's not the Zeref from the time of episode that said that. Just imagine that it's Zeref that's telling the whole story of Zero.

Ofc I knew she is dead, but I had no idea Zeref killed her. Well it makes sense like that, didn't quite got it from the anime that the 'future' Zeref said that. Thank you. He also says perhaps, which makes it confusing a bit.
Feb 20, 2016 12:11 PM

Feb 2015
Hmmm..."Perhaps i'm the one who killed Mavis ?" someone noticed that ?
wtf is that mean ? seriously....that word got my attention and the ending confused me a lot. they definitely skip something at the ending. Mavis with new outfit and she still with that outfit in the next episode. i've got a bad feeling about this.
the magic looks cool though XD i like that...the way zeref teaches them was pretty good too. looking foward to next week.
Feb 20, 2016 1:50 PM

Mar 2013
Jedi master Zeref kindly educated everyone about midichlorians.
Feb 20, 2016 2:38 PM
Jan 2016
Easily one of the best episodes this season for not only providing a much better insight on Zeref but also his relationship with Mavis. So its true, ironically he was the one who caused Fairy Tail to even remotely be a thing. It also seems to be a fact that for whatever reason he blames himself for killing Mavis.

Man, I'm so bummed that the Hades in the present became such a jerk when in the past he was easily one of the coolest people ever.

Can't wait for next week! : )
Feb 20, 2016 6:51 PM

Jun 2014
Guys I think I might be falling in love with Mavis.

What do I do?

Great episode. Zero is easily a 10/10.
Feb 21, 2016 4:32 AM

May 2014
Great adaption. Pretty suprized that they used only 1 chapter to make a good anime ep. The animation is really superb so far. I am also glad that they extend the training part. In the manga it's ended with only 1-2 pages, but in the anime we get get to see their training throughout.

Now, to the next ep. were they will fight Blue Skulls. I am looking forward for this. xD

mangalicker94Feb 21, 2016 4:38 AM
Feb 21, 2016 4:46 AM

May 2014
homeropata said:
So Zeref taught them magic. But what is Mavis illusions if she didn't know how to use magic beforehand?

Maybe only a trick she learned from a book. She loves to read books remember.

Also, you can fight pretty good without knowing any magic. The three treasure hunter gang is a good example. :)
Feb 21, 2016 4:49 AM

May 2014
Kyruga said:
SkullProX said:

He wander if he will end by killing her because of his curse, that means that he is starting to like her, but a same time, his curse kill everything that is precious around him...

Feb 21, 2016 4:52 AM

May 2014
Kagami_Hiiragi said:

What do I do?

You are not the only one? Let's approach her. xD

Beautiful ava by the way. :) Lovely one. I got to save it in my anime picture collection. ;)
Feb 21, 2016 5:14 AM

Jun 2014
mangalicker94 said:
Kagami_Hiiragi said:

What do I do?

Beautiful ava by the way. :) Lovely one. I got to save it in my anime picture collection. ;)

Alright, let's do it bruh!
Feb 21, 2016 9:44 AM

Mar 2013
TRAINING????
TRAINING!!??
IN FAIRY TAIL?
omg thats an advance!
And a hell of a master endeed.

Zeref is cute <3
Feb 21, 2016 10:02 AM

Nov 2009
While I really like Mavis and the gang the plot twist is to obvious..
Feb 21, 2016 10:47 AM

Aug 2008
Tevens said:
wtf is that mean ? seriously....that word got my attention and the ending confused me a lot

This isn't as confusing as you think - I actually thought this was a pretty straightforward reasoninig, look:

HE is the one who taught her magic -> this leads to her getting caught up in the events we will see in the next episodes -> this leads to the creation of Fairy Tail -> this leads to a future in which she dies.

Of course many factors played a role here, but we can't deny, that if he didn't agree to teach her magic, her future might have been a lot different. So Zeref, being his depressing self, can very well assume it is all his fault, that his decision lead to her death in the future.
Feb 21, 2016 10:57 AM

Apr 2009
Good episode! I liked Mavis' kindness in the face of Zeref's horrible curse and I never expected him to be so instrumental in the beginnings of Fairy Tail. Glad to hear more about his curse although I do wonder if he's so worried about hurting people near him... why was in he walking the crowded streets of the town from a couple episodes ago? :D

Also why didn't Precht recognize Zeref as the guy who taught him magic when he met him again in the future as Hades?
Feb 21, 2016 11:04 AM

Feb 2015
Shourii said:
Tevens said:
wtf is that mean ? seriously....that word got my attention and the ending confused me a lot

This isn't as confusing as you think - I actually thought this was a pretty straightforward reasoninig, look:

HE is the one who taught her magic -> this leads to her getting caught up in the events we will see in the next episodes -> this leads to the creation of Fairy Tail -> this leads to a future in which she dies.

Of course many factors played a role here, but we can't deny, that if he didn't agree to teach her magic, her future might have been a lot different. So Zeref, being his depressing self, can very well assume it is all his fault, that his decision lead to her death in the future.

thanks for the explanation.
i just got confused when Zeref said "perhaps, i'm the only one who killed mavis"
i thought that word was from the present (this episode) i didn't expect that word is from the future where mavis has already died.
sorry for bad english.
Feb 21, 2016 12:05 PM

Sep 2014
Was really fun seeing them train, I'm glad they extended this part.
Feb 21, 2016 1:43 PM

Aug 2008
Tevens said:
Shourii said:

thanks for the explanation.
i just got confused when Zeref said "perhaps, i'm the only one who killed mavis"
i thought that word was from the present (this episode) i didn't expect that word is from the future where mavis has already died.
sorry for bad english.

Oh, I see! That's true - if we look at this comment as something said in the present (that is, the time of this episode), it may indeed sound confusing, as Mavis clearly isn't dead and Zeref is just spouting some nonsense xD Though FT Zero is kinda from the very beginning narrated in this "reminiscence of the past" form, so it's good to remember this.
Anyway, glad I could help and don't worry about the language - as long as we can understand you, it's ok, and the more you use it, the better you will become at it ^^
Feb 22, 2016 5:03 AM

Dec 2015
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
mangalicker94 said:

As far as Zeref's statement, it isn't nonsense at all. I mean if you put 2 and 2 together on their relationship and she is stuck in that crystal. It will be explained further in an arc or 2 from now. Just be patient, it is literally the best backstory of fairy tail which covers Natsu's, Mavis, Zerefs, and MavisxZeref's past.
As long as you stay away from my Zera, its all good :).
Feb 22, 2016 1:18 PM

Mar 2011
I think this may be the best Arc in Fairy Tail. It has a interesting story, and characters you can get attached to, not just fighting, random power ups etc.

Even the fact that Zeref official joined the Evil person who isn't really evil club is fine (I mean really, every bad guy becomes good later...), I have not enjoyed Fairy Tail this much in a long time.
"When everyone else is about to give up, the fighter who becomes the role model, is the true Leader."

Feb 22, 2016 4:08 PM

Mar 2012
Any episode with Zeref is a 10/5 <3 :')
Feb 27, 2016 6:02 PM

Jan 2011
Interesting that we saw Zera gathering Ethernano. I expected them to specifically avoid this, though of course, with Mavis sitting next to her, the explanation is quite simple..
Mar 3, 2016 10:56 AM

Mar 2012
Awww, this episode was really cute. It was nice seeing magic explained and the training montage. I'm also happy to see a little bit of background between Mavis and Zeref. I think her using her illusion magic to make the animal appear around him was way cute! ;;

Looking forward to the next episode!
Mar 7, 2016 10:04 PM

Dec 2012
Was going to mention that scene Zeref seemed to acknowledge Zera, but that wasn't in the manga version, so....the quest continues.

Nice expansion on the manga chapter.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Mar 9, 2016 2:25 AM

May 2010
Others are dying to absorb magic, while Precht is like "no baby this too easy -fires bullets through your skull-"

My favorite episode so far, definitely. Always felt Fairy Tail lacked training episodes.
Mar 17, 2016 9:38 AM

May 2014
Cejara said:
Kagami_Hiiragi said:

As far as Zeref's statement, it isn't nonsense at all. I mean if you put 2 and 2 together on their relationship and she is stuck in that crystal. It will be explained further in an arc or 2 from now. Just be patient, it is literally the best backstory of fairy tail which covers Natsu's, Mavis, Zerefs, and MavisxZeref's past.
As long as you stay away from my Zera, its all good :).

Yeah, I heard it somewhere else too. I just hope I don't get it spoiled before that. Because unlike shitty Toei, I think A-1 is doing a great job with animating FT. That's why I like to watch the anime rather than following the manga. At least the zero arc were pretty good animated. Will give it 5/5. The extra they put on the plot were pretty good.

That won't be a problem. Or wait, why not share it 50/50? :)
Apr 4, 2016 6:50 PM

Jan 2013
That moment when Zeref is the "founder" of Fairy Tail and is the guy who taught magic to the first FT founders xD
I don't think about Zeref as a bad guy, he is a strange guy...
Damn Mavis loli :3 She reminded me of Wendy.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Apr 14, 2016 2:18 PM

Jun 2013
So it's okay to show Zeref naked in the lake, but just the last episode it was unacceptable to show Mavis and Zera's touching moment as intended in the lake? Learning a lot about what A-1 likes.

Apr 24, 2016 9:30 AM

Apr 2013
So Fairy Tail magic is basically Zeref magic? :o Didn't expect that, next time we will see some of their new combat skills.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» animation

0megaH - Feb 28, 2022

12 by Cristiano456 »»
Apr 4, 7:19 PM

» Why the hate ( 1 2 )

StrayDogYato - May 13, 2021

50 by filthyfrank8142 »»
Mar 26, 11:27 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 2, 2014

107 by Avyack »»
Mar 10, 10:17 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2014

136 by Avyack »»
Mar 10, 9:57 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 18, 2014

121 by Avyack »»
Mar 10, 9:25 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.