Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Feb 14, 2016 7:37 AM
Aug 2015
Unless that new kid from seijou is some freak, karasuno should win with straight sets. Theyre way better than they were in season 1
Feb 14, 2016 8:05 AM
Dec 2013
It's going to be heart breaking if Kurasano lose to them again, I hope they wipe that smug look off Oikawa's face with their new skills. Yamaguchi's nerves are worrying, I hope he gets to do something awesome in the next match.
Feb 14, 2016 8:33 AM
Feb 2013
The come back is real :P
Feb 14, 2016 1:22 PM

Mar 2012
Can you feel the HYPE?! Karasuno vs Seijoh next episode finally!

This is gonna be good.
Feb 14, 2016 4:40 PM

Jul 2014
ibear said:
I'm disappointed that we didn't get to see as much of the match as I would have hoped, but Yachi once again proves she is the cutest thing ever.

omg, I can't stand it tooo fkn cute

I came here for fun Yachi gifs. I'll also take any Date Tech bench gifs if they're going...

I really want Karasuno to beat Aoba Jousai now - actually, I only really want Karasuno to beat Oikawa. He's a fun character, but I don't like seeing him win
Feb 14, 2016 8:26 PM

Oct 2011
OMFG THE FEEELS T______T

Date losing and the flashback to season 1 OMG
Feb 14, 2016 11:09 PM
Jul 2013
why Eren play here !

Feb 14, 2016 11:36 PM

Jul 2014
zidman said:
why Eren play here !

Yeah, wasn't he banned from playing volleyball since he kept using his titan form to win?
slackvariableFeb 14, 2016 11:45 PM
Feb 15, 2016 9:46 AM

Oct 2013
The battle will finally begin. The hype
Feb 15, 2016 8:25 PM
Apr 2015
the next match i can't wait for. that flashback still hurts me, a reason for me hating Oikawa so much (mostly his smug face).

hopefully Karasuno's revenge will make me like, or at least, indifferent on Oikawa.
GO KARASUNOOOOO
Feb 16, 2016 2:19 AM

Aug 2009
HYPE! Great episode as always.
the ost was amazing, my god.

Feb 16, 2016 9:20 AM

Oct 2015
Sonnetica said:
Match against Datekou was a bit tricky at first due to triple blocks (good for the new setter though and lol at Oikawa's reaction), but it was a good win. Liking the music near the end. Also, Kageyama filing his nails was nice.
Zee530 said:
The Date Tech game was too short.

They could have played it out a little longer. Next week match will be exciting.

Fake people have an image to maintain. Real people just don’t care.
Feb 16, 2016 1:39 PM

Dec 2012
This match was great, I am looking forward for the revenge ! The flashback was intense, it gave me chills. Good choice to change Daichi in the opening.
Feb 16, 2016 7:18 PM

May 2010
'Naisu kacchi' killed me :D Other than that decent, but now I'm just waiting for moar Oikawa.

Sakaitsu said:
Good choice to change Daichi in the opening.

Ah, I was wondering if it was like this before or if they changed it :D It's pretty cool indeed.
Feb 17, 2016 9:44 AM

Dec 2012
Pretty sure they're gonna win agaisn't Aoba Johsai
Doubt they would lose twice lol
Feb 18, 2016 5:36 AM

Nov 2011
Formidable this episode! :D
The clash between the Dateko and Josei is very addictive but also the rest of the episode is interesting because that event. Finally the new character of Dateko is revealed, now it lacks even see each other the strange blond hair under the Josei. Comedy really nice, I love this anime series, I look forward, as always, follow the next episode.

kawaii-despair said:
...I'm glad they added this I love it

Idem.

ibear said:

I agree.
Feb 19, 2016 6:26 AM

Aug 2014
RiP Date :( I'm a little sad they didn't get on, but oh well. Oikawa vs Kageyama rematch!
Feb 22, 2016 4:25 AM

Jul 2012
Yamaguchi and Yachi were adorable!
Feb 22, 2016 11:43 AM

Jun 2014
Oikawa best boy <3

I loved this game, it was short but very fun to watch. For a second I thought Date Tech would win but Iwa-chan was like lol nope. The build-up towards the end of the ep was cool too, I think Karasuno is gonna win this time... At least I hope so! They deserve it. 5/5 as always
Feb 22, 2016 2:58 PM

Sep 2009
It was a loong time since I've been so excited over an anime. Is someone into discussion? ;D
Mar 9, 2016 4:42 AM

May 2010
Oh, Iwaizumi was cool there! Another fun episode, also Yachi pls. "I experience life-threatening nervousness everyday." Lmao, but ye I feel.
TragicRomanceMar 9, 2016 4:47 AM
Mar 19, 2016 9:57 PM

Jan 2013
Another good episode, no time wasted getting into the most hyped match yet.
Apr 15, 2016 2:35 AM

Mar 2014
DATE TECH VS. SEIJOH ~ !! Siege and Control ~ .
The New Iron Wall ~ !! he's pretty .. obvious .. but he's a nice asset ~ .
Iron wall resolve !! It's still weak compared to Seijoh .
REVENGE is real ~ . It's all coming back !!
VERY GREAT EPISODE .
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 24, 2016 12:02 AM

Mar 2012
Time for the rematch!
May 14, 2016 7:40 AM

Feb 2016
dat blondie is way to funny - 'im confident when it comes to being nervous' xD
May 18, 2016 3:08 PM

Jun 2013
I love it when strong people acknowledge Hinata as a strong rival or someone to beat.
臭い-
Jul 8, 2016 11:06 AM

Mar 2014
Such hype much wow

I'm so glad this season's finished airing, I don't think I would've been able to wait a whole week for the next episode
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Dec 20, 2016 5:17 PM

Feb 2015
naschyamamoto said:

And ooooh, I had forgotten just how magnificent of a bastard Oikawa is. Looking forward to the glorious match that will without a doubt take up the last episodes of this season. Which admittedly is a problem, 'cause the way the manga's running now I'm not sure they'll finish in 3 like with KuroBas.

this is the second time i'm reading this - how on earth is oikawa a jerk?
--------------
it was predicable that seijoh would win, but it was not predicable on how fast they would win. it's good it went by so fast though, the fight was getting boring. there are like what 6 eps left? k vs s is going to be a long battle....
Feb 8, 2017 9:28 PM

Dec 2016
Date Tech is gonna be pretty scary when their setter lives up to his potential. Now onto Aoba Johsai!
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Feb 8, 2017 9:30 PM

Dec 2016
terrablu2003 said:
Formidable this episode! :D
The clash between the Dateko and Josei is very addictive but also the rest of the episode is interesting because that event. Finally the new character of Dateko is revealed, now it lacks even see each other the strange blond hair under the Josei. Comedy really nice, I love this anime series, I look forward, as always, follow the next episode.

kawaii-despair said:
...I'm glad they added this I love it

Idem.

ibear said:

I agree.

Soooo frickin cute :)
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Feb 8, 2017 9:31 PM

Dec 2016
Bjartskular said:
Sonnetica said:
Match against Datekou was a bit tricky at first due to triple blocks (good for the new setter though and lol at Oikawa's reaction), but it was a good win. Liking the music near the end. Also, Kageyama filing his nails was nice.
Zee530 said:
The Date Tech game was too short.

They could have played it out a little longer. Next week match will be exciting.

Yeah I agree, Date Tech is one of the more interesting teams, especially because of Aone, and now even more because of their new setter!
Feb 8, 2017 9:32 PM

Dec 2016
lonelytree said:
Next week's match should be fun. Hopefully Yamaguchi will have his moment. Really want that serve to succeed.

#GodmaguchiWillDestroyEveryone
Mar 11, 2017 9:44 PM

Aug 2016
awwww the iron walls lost

Set by SenpieX
Mar 29, 2017 7:32 PM

May 2009
What an intense match. Datekou is going to be a tough opponent when the new setter gets better. Even tougher than before.

I really hope that Yamaguchi will get his moment to shine in the next match. He really deserves and needs it. He needs that little push of confidence to get even better. It must be hard for him to watch all the other first years getting better and stronger and having their great moments out on the court.
Even if the future is locked or erased I won't end this prayer because I want to convey my real feelings to you

Apr 29, 2017 6:46 AM

Apr 2015
Nice episode. Date Tech vs Seijoh tho. I was rooting for Seijoh because Oikawa.

Kageyama filing his nails lol.

Next ep is going to be great

“Even if the attention isn’t forever, I’ll keep singing.”
May 20, 2017 8:20 AM

Jan 2013
Lol, and you guys said Johzneji is a joke. See? See?
The only joke here is Date. What the hell is with this team? Why is this Koganegawa who looks like a chicken playing with them? How about stronger players? if they had them Johzneji is just a bunch of guys who can have fun but Date....... I'm glad Aoba Johsai won even if I don't really like Oikawa. Anyway, it was so nice to watch a different match than Karasuno's matches.
Also, Yacchi is so cute and funny. I adore this girl! ^-^ Seriously, she reminds me about Lucy a lot.

"Please stop talking about math when I'm eating."
Oct 25, 2018 5:37 AM

Jun 2016
The break I was talking about that we needed from the usual structure was this!!! This alone gave me so much needed energy that the series had started to lack. I've wanted a focus on other peoples matches for a long time and seeing it with one of my favorite teams was all I could ask for. I hope we get to see a full Nekoma match in the future!

Something that has bothered me this season is how sidelined Noya, Asahi, Suga, and Tanaka have been. Asahi for example's entire character develop and focus this season has been on him trying to do service aces and his practice in that pursuit and we've seen him either hit them or fail them. Likewise, the others I mentioned have been either hardly in the show at all or absolutely unimportant apart from that one skill they've been characterized by. Now, I'm not excusing this because we've had a lack of any amazing moments or nearly any presence from some of these great characters, but we did get focus on the ones who were seemingly sidelined in the first season. I didn't like how Haikyu focuses all or nothing, I'd like moments of detail like when you could see Noya's eyes focus on Asahi when Asahi felt down, or more inner monologues and challenges for individual characters even if only for a temporary cool or dramatic moment. I miss the boys. But, it hit me that not only have we gotten intense focus on those said sidelined characters, but we also got a whole host of new characters to love. Standouts being Lev, Yachi,and Kogane, all of which are some of my favorites, but also characters like Bokuto are great, and ones like Mad Dog may be brilliant too. Again, it could be done so much better in my opinion simply but giving each character more stand out moments even if they don't mean anything monumental in the long run so it doesn't feel like some major and loved characters turned into background characters. But, I'm more lenient because in lieu of doing that we got many great characters and memorable character development we may have gotten less of otherwise. It's just that the last memorable thing I can remember Noya doing is congratulating Ennoshita and the last memorable thing I can remember Asahi doing is getting a service ace or something, for Suga it was planning the synchronization attack.

I freaking love Dateko even more than before now. We all knew they couldn't win due to the OP and ED but the match was still a formula break and it was refreshing and a blast to watch and cheer without having direct stakes in the matter. Kogane and Aone are two of my favorites now!!!
The energetic and overly serious but earnest giant, and the stone cold and warm-hearted giant. It's so hard not to root for the new iron wall and when Seijoh targeted the weak segment of the wall my heart broke!!! I can't wait to see what comes of them and I truly hope since the Seijoh battle should be the much needed rematch that the major match of next years will be Karasuno vs Dateko. :D

P.S. Kageyama watching Kogane be amazing was reminiscent of an amazed little kid and it was adorable.

P.S.S. I HOPE YAMAGUCHI WINS THEM THE FINAL POINT WITH A PINCH SERVE THIS TIME!!!
May 4, 2019 3:26 AM

Apr 2014
Hype and tension are real.
May 11, 2019 6:22 PM
Mar 2017
is there anyone who know the backsound name in 19:15, when alumni Datekou encurage their junior? I can't find the title but I really like it
Aug 27, 2019 10:46 AM
Jul 2014
i love yachi lol she's so cute and is getting more comfortable with the other players uwu i can't wait to see how she does as a manager in the future! Karasuno has a bright future, I just know it!!
Sep 3, 2019 5:37 PM

Sep 2018
Date Tech setter is so funny lol just same with Johzenji, they just fooling around.
Jan 7, 2020 7:07 AM

Dec 2014
Well that is something hmm.. finally the revenge match is about to start
Feb 8, 2020 8:49 PM

Jul 2013
So I'm right, with 6 remaining episodes this season will end after Karasuno beats Aoba Johsai. I wish they do it in 3. Not like in the last season I think the fight with them took at least 5 episodes :/
Mar 21, 2020 5:57 PM

Dec 2019
I was sure Ahoba Josai was gonna win, it's finally time for Karasuno's revenge, man i really like Yachi's personality she is cute and her VA was chosen well i don't think there is anyone else that coulda been better.
                                                         🖤   

Jun 13, 2020 4:23 AM

May 2018
rip Date Kou. Their iron wall got smashed through xD
Aug 16, 2020 1:27 AM
Jul 2020
-nv- said:
I was sure Ahoba Josai was gonna win, it's finally time for Karasuno's revenge, man i really like Yachi's personality she is cute and her VA was chosen well i don't think there is anyone else that coulda been better.

God,same here the voice actor for yachi is so good,i love it.
Aug 16, 2020 1:40 AM
Jul 2020
Sooooooo.....,some serious matches have running and i feel kind of dissapointed bcs the plays are kind of really simple for a long time now dealing more with power ups like aiming mor precisely,or spreading hands wider for blockers,not that it is bad but i think they should step things up a bit.
Also the matches are not dyanamic enough and intense,i kind of not feel for the players will to win and having something lose so far.The animations are quite simple too,im just bored a little.
Im looking foward to dynamic animations and intense cliffhangers,some new game concepts could be nice too.
Sep 25, 2020 2:41 AM

Feb 2019
It was a cool match, but it wasn't as exciting as watching Karasuno play :/
I am not a weeb, I simply enjoy 2D girls
Oct 28, 2020 2:13 PM

Mar 2019
was really hoping date tech would win but i'm satisfied with a revenge match! i really do hope yamaguchi's serve succeeds in the next episode :) overall, a good episode!
Jan 7, 2021 11:02 PM

Aug 2020
That match was great, I actually feel nervous for the next one lmaoo. I love Oikawa and all, but I also don't want him to beat Karasuno. I think Karasuno will win though ^^
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Haikyuu!! Second Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2016

252 by egeD19 »»
Apr 4, 7:44 AM

Poll: » Haikyuu!! Second Season Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 9, 2016

130 by iamsnakeuu »»
Apr 3, 11:36 AM

Poll: » Haikyuu!! Second Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 26, 2015

111 by iamsnakeuu »»
Apr 3, 11:03 AM

Poll: » Haikyuu!! Second Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2015

111 by iamsnakeuu »»
Mar 16, 8:28 PM

Poll: » Haikyuu!! Second Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2015

110 by iamsnakeuu »»
Mar 16, 7:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.