Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 10, 2015 8:21 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well, I thought the episode was kinda thrilling with Moe finalizing her theories while Sohei formulates his own ideas about 'Everything is F'. Quite intriguing. I also find the shift changes of the "scenery" to add more visual effect with the investigation. (kinda amusing how much it changes in tone lol)

Magata Shiki's presence in this show still has that chilling feeling imo, with that walk on the "beach". The expressions this series shows has a lot of metaphoric imagery in it so I think it was natural about Magata and Sohei's conversation while also revealing the truth about Magata's character.
Stark700Dec 10, 2015 11:32 AM
Dec 10, 2015 11:30 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
I'm speechless

Even though what she did to get daughter all these years as well as killing her was fucked up, Shiki.....This woman is fucking brilliant lol

Before I freak the fuck out by this, this series is telling me that the supposed sister was actually Shiki all along??? My goodness this woman is just too much and this series has thrown me in for a loop so many times I love it
TokoyaDec 10, 2015 11:49 AM
Dec 10, 2015 11:38 AM

Nov 2014
Wow... That was heavy.
Dec 10, 2015 11:39 AM
Jul 2018
I can't believe that the doctor killed her own child!
Dec 10, 2015 11:46 AM

Jul 2014
Wow. Did not expect everything to come together quite like that. So not only did Magata kill her own child, she also created a sister that never existed, disguised herself as her and became able to speak fluent English, all while watching a plan many, many years in the making come to fruition with such flawless ease. Twisted or otherwise, she's completely brilliant.

What's going to happen in the final episode though? Are they going to hunt her down or something? Should be interesting to see how that works and to see if the final episode can match this and bring the series to a satisfying conclusion.
Dec 10, 2015 11:49 AM

Aug 2012
Lol. It surprisingly turned out as we expected. I don't know why but I really love these two characters- Saikawa and Shiki. (hate Moe tho).

Nice episode, none the less.
4/5
Dec 10, 2015 11:58 AM

Nov 2014
The doctor is too brilliant as all her actions gone even more than crazy.
Dec 10, 2015 12:04 PM

Aug 2013
AOTS for sure. Brilliant. I'm speechless, I really didn't even consider the fact that this women was her. 5/5
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Dec 10, 2015 12:06 PM
Jul 2018
that was awesome, just a little confusing though!
Dec 10, 2015 12:11 PM

Nov 2012
I thought it was fairly obvious that Shiki was the sister cause everything about Shiki's "sister" seemed odd since she first appeared.Once you realized Shiki had a daughter putting one and two together and you realized Shiki killed her daughter and escape under the identity of her "sister."
Dec 10, 2015 12:23 PM

Sep 2015
Wow~ this episode was suprising

efu efu efu efu
Dec 10, 2015 12:32 PM

Jun 2014
Shiki is one crazy woman, but damn, she's fucking brilliant. It's pretty impressive to be able to concoct such an elaborate plan over such a long period of time and have everything play out perfectly.

Since the mystery has been solved, I wonder what will happen in the finale. It'll probably just be some sort of epilogue-type of episode.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Dec 10, 2015 12:35 PM
Dec 2015
Woah episode 10 was great! The writing/plot twists of the show and the character Magata herself are both absolutely brilliant! I was a little confused at first when the episode ended but after reading some other posts here on the forum everything was cleared up. I think the only reason why I was confused was becuase I had forgotten who the woman was; Magata's "sister."
Dec 10, 2015 12:41 PM
Oct 2015
long story short this series is 2deep5me and just as i thought the plot twists were over BANG biggest plot twist of them all
Dec 10, 2015 12:55 PM
Sep 2011
Tohka_Yatogami said:

No her daughter suicided, she didn't kill her directly. Also, I feel like this episode was probably the LEAST confusing one; it managed to explain basically everything. Personally, I figured that the sister was actually her since her eye colour matched the flashback Shiki's eyes, while the eye colour of the Magata in the video conference with Moe didn't match with young Shiki.
MeAnimeDec 10, 2015 12:59 PM
Dec 10, 2015 1:01 PM
Jun 2015
Very engaging episode. Best of the series, no doubt. Perfect example of why patience is key with this type of series. The steady pacing paid off, and now everything's wrapping up nicely.
okqoiwfklweDec 10, 2015 2:36 PM
Dec 10, 2015 1:05 PM
Jun 2015
this is without a doubt in my top 5 animes of all times, even without seeing the final episode
Dec 10, 2015 1:11 PM

May 2012
Erm that sister thing is nonsense as I expected, they said her sister exists.
Dec 10, 2015 1:11 PM
May 2015
Still wondering how did the body end up that way if the girl committed suicide.
Dec 10, 2015 1:22 PM

Oct 2014
Has Souhei always had that shirt? O_o

another great ep.
Dec 10, 2015 1:24 PM

Feb 2015
Magata cut the limbs.
Dec 10, 2015 1:36 PM

Apr 2010
When exactly did she commit suicide? Wouldn't her mother have had to know about it beforehand in order to plan around it? (since the daughter was initially supposed to kill Magata and the uncle, from what I understand..).

Also wondering how Magata was able to trick everyone into thinking she had a sister...How did everyone think she (the "sister") got to the island? I can't remember
cheru41Dec 10, 2015 1:54 PM
<3
Dec 10, 2015 1:42 PM
Jun 2013
wow to think back they had that whole conversation in engrish was Masta Shiki herself.
Dec 10, 2015 1:58 PM

Jan 2014
For anyone saying Magata Shiki killed her daughter, it's still just a possibility.
All the daughter wanted was to be free, and that was through escaping..or ending her own life.
''She, herself, chose death?'' Says Nishinosono-san.
If that's true, then all Magata Shiki did was cut off her daughter's limbs.
Dec 10, 2015 2:05 PM

May 2012
Craze-Chan said:
For anyone saying Magata Shiki killed her daughter, it's still just a possibility.
All the daughter wanted was to be free, and that was through escaping..or ending her own life.
''She, herself, chose death?'' Says Nishinosono-san.
If that's true, then all Magata Shiki did was cut off her daughter's limbs.

It was said that Shiki planned for this escape for atleast 7 years and she said ýes, so best case scenario would be that she just brainwashed the daughter you know. The uncle knew of this day and that he'd be killed by her from the get-go also, so chances are that Shiki didn't even plan for her daughter to kill her and it all went according to plan (since she's supposed to be a genius). Also it was just a game for her.
Dec 10, 2015 2:07 PM

Dec 2013
How did Magata kill the uncle? I don't remember well, but didn't someone come get the uncle and 'sister' to the roof? Did she kill him before they came or did she go back up later? Was he already dead when the guy came to get them? Wouldn't it be weird if someone came and saw the director dead and 'sister' not knowing what happened?
Dec 10, 2015 2:31 PM

Oct 2012
So it all went as expected after all, I noticed her correctly by the ship in purple dress the last time.
I'm glad that they finally did the series when viewer can gather whole picture from clues they had left.
It was maybe too obvious but it was still good.

The only strange thing is that Shindou had to be dead when they went to the roof, she had to basically puppeteer him. Maybe that's why she started the engine so noone noticed back then. But that doesn't change the fact he look alive.
Nope. The scene at the end of this episode had to happen later, she had to go back there again after Yamane Yukihiro led her down. He turned off his engine and there he saw her.
Guess they both didn't have much time to talk when she sprinted to the roof for the first time to enter his helicopter. Maybe he didn't even recognized her while he was in cockipt, thinking it's her daughter instead.

One minor issue I have with their resolution is that they (both Saikawa and Moe) were using some facts they couldn't see or know for base of their reasoning. Stuff from flashbacks and so on. Viewers have full picture of course but they shouldn't. I noticed in the last episode too.
But maybe that's just little something that was omitted when adapting the book.
Mich666Dec 10, 2015 2:54 PM
Dec 10, 2015 2:44 PM

Sep 2010
The whole scene of Magata-hakase and Saikawa-sensei walking on the beach was wonderful to look at. I kept staring at their hair blowing in the wind, especially Magata-hakase's.

"to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world." -a magnet
Dec 10, 2015 2:48 PM

Jan 2014
Yes! this is supreme mystery.. hoo man i was pretty surprised when it was said that the sister was Shiki all along Σ(O_Oil!) and that she killed her own daughter.
Dec 10, 2015 2:56 PM

Sep 2010
CandyFace said:
Yes! this is supreme mystery.. hoo man i was pretty surprised when it was said that the sister was Shiki all along Σ(O_Oil!) and that she killed her own daughter.

Her daughter committed suicide. Magata-hakase just cut her daughter's limbs off.

"to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world." -a magnet
Dec 10, 2015 3:04 PM
Dec 10, 2015 3:07 PM

Feb 2015
Tohka_Yatogami said:

^^There's also possibility that the child killed herself to become "free".

But yeah, that plot twist... I loved it. Magata is really a genius. When it was revealed that Shiki doesn't have a sister I was like "No way... No fricking way...!"

I should've realized it... But no..

And the last scene with the uncle... Damn gorgeous!! Can't wait for the last episode.
"Oh, I wasn't trying to be funny.. I would've put a 'Haha' at the end of it."

Dec 10, 2015 3:12 PM

May 2015
This episode ended up really interesting.
Dec 10, 2015 3:15 PM

Jun 2014
ichigo_daisuki said:
CandyFace said:

Her daughter committed suicide. Magata-hakase just cut her daughter's limbs off.

Yeah I thought about this as well but the pregrancy results from the autospy confirms that she was involved with the preparation of the corpse. Absolutely gruesome.
All credit goes to Sacred.
Dec 10, 2015 3:24 PM

Oct 2012
FireEmblemIke24 said:
Yeah I thought about this as well but the pregrancy results from the autospy confirms that she was involved with the preparation of the corpse. Absolutely gruesome.

You are wrong. They did autopsied the body but the results were only that she wasn't pregnant. This served as proof that it wasn't Magata Shiki (who gave birth to her child before and therefore they would find signs of past pregnancy) but her virgin daughter. Magata Shiki didn't perform any internal surgery on her. But yes, it was Shiki who cut her daughter's limbs off.

Also, we actually don't know if Magata's daugther killed herself alone or if she simply asked Magata to kill her when she realized she is just her tool.
Mich666Dec 10, 2015 3:58 PM
Dec 10, 2015 3:26 PM

Jul 2015
What the fuck. Holy shit that was crazy. So she kills her own child and disguised herself as her younger sister. This woman is literally a puppet master. Amazing episode! Shiki/5
Dec 10, 2015 3:46 PM

Mar 2012
Wait, then how come @eps 3 she suddenly got off from the helicopter with the Director?
Keep moving forward
Dec 10, 2015 3:51 PM

Nov 2009
I thought "I'm wrong and there must be something more to it" cause this resolution is a very dark one, but it's based on a novel, after all. And after some episodes it became much clearer (but only predictable in hindsight, I'd say), and other people were drawing the same conclusions.
Everyone should marathon this without reading anything during the episodes... this took away from the mystery, to me. But it's very good. Here I am hoping that there will be a lot more locked-room mysteries in anime.
(I know there's still one episode left, haha. This felt like the end, though, didn't it?)
ak47Dec 10, 2015 3:58 PM

(THIS WAY FOREVER)
Dec 10, 2015 3:53 PM

Feb 2013
Wow. She's so fucking crazy, killing her own child? Omg. So that was actually her engrish though hahaha!
So nice, loved this episode.
Dec 10, 2015 3:53 PM

Nov 2009
GenT-san said:
Wait, then how come @eps 3 she suddenly got off from the helicopter with the Director?
Magata was probably the one who announced that the Director "and the sister" would arrive together. I don't remember how they talked about it at the time, though.

(THIS WAY FOREVER)
Dec 10, 2015 4:00 PM

Oct 2012
GenT-san said:

Read my explanation above, the scene at the end of this episode happened after that not before.
Dec 10, 2015 4:04 PM

May 2013
Ahh men this episode I don't know. Should I expect now a karma next episode or no?
The world shall know the truth soon.
Dec 10, 2015 4:16 PM
Aug 2014
But...Why Shiki did all of this? Please,explain it to me...
She's brilliant and fucking crazy.
Dec 10, 2015 4:18 PM

Oct 2012
SweetCoconut said:
Ahh men this episode I don't know. Should I expect now a karma next episode or no?

It seems the next episode will be used for epilogue but who knows, should there be another twist it would be very interesting.
Maybe we will get a little flash-forward to future where Moe and Souhei are together and when they'll meet Magata again. She wrote she had something to do back then in ep4 message. We are getting whole story through her diary so maybe they'll find it somewhere in the end?

It all depends on whether they want to adapt another book in the future or not.
Dec 10, 2015 4:29 PM

Mar 2014
mmmm the metaphor with the balloon being released was so good it sent shivers down my spine. this episode was so satisfying everything just wrapped up together perfectly especially after the insane buildup.
Dec 10, 2015 4:31 PM

May 2015
Quite surprised. Everything came together just like that, damn, great episode. That ending also gave me the chills. So one more episode to go.

Dec 10, 2015 4:53 PM

Feb 2012
That F dialogue regarding how children kill their parents at the age of fifteen, hexadecimals, and shit was the most retarded thing I read this year.

Also, one person she barely knows asks her who she is and she decides to let herself killed? Remind me why I should care for someone who practically commits suicide for such a silly reason?
I Write About Anime (and other stuff) At Standing On My Neck
Dec 10, 2015 5:05 PM

Nov 2011
k11chi said:
Exactly, everything is basically explained in this episode except for that, what happened to her sister?
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Dec 10, 2015 5:09 PM

May 2010
Flawfinder said:
That F dialogue regarding how children kill their parents at the age of fifteen, hexadecimals, and shit was the most retarded thing I read this year.
How come?
Flawfinder said:
Remind me why I should care for someone who practically commits suicide for such a silly reason?
Well maybe you don't care that she died, but you do care about why she chose to die.
Dec 10, 2015 5:09 PM

Aug 2015
SoraSenpai said:
k11chi said:
Exactly, everything is basically explained in this episode except for that, what happened to her sister?
1 more episode, really hope they clear his up properly.

But that curve ball.. Did not see that coming. Gonna rewatch a few episodes to pick up on some of the clues. Pretty impressed on how it turned out though.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Subete ga F ni Naru: The Perfect Insider Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 8, 2015

278 by wildhood »»
Mar 8, 8:29 PM

Poll: » Subete ga F ni Naru: The Perfect Insider Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 17, 2015

228 by Destroyer31 »»
Oct 25, 2023 10:55 PM

» For anyone who want to know why shiki escaped the island and her story in light novel

Baoyeuconpo9999 - Mar 10, 2023

3 by Thewatcher_22 »»
Mar 11, 2023 8:59 AM

Poll: » Subete ga F ni Naru: The Perfect Insider Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 22, 2015

172 by Floral_soap »»
Jan 14, 2023 11:06 PM

Poll: » Subete ga F ni Naru: The Perfect Insider Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 15, 2015

184 by Floral_soap »»
Jan 14, 2023 9:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.