Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 9, 2015 7:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh my...This episode picked up business and the pacing with a bit of investigation. What I found kinda odd is a few of the clues like the teddy bear and paintings. Quite stylistic...

The interrogation of this episode also had a bit of intimidating vibe to it with Minami.
Hard to trust anyone tbh. Conflicts that breaks out from relationships can get a bit over-dramatic at times.
Stark700Dec 9, 2015 10:27 AM
Dec 9, 2015 10:34 AM

Jan 2012
Dat Sakurako-san ass! :D Well our evil artist main villain has returned. Hanabusa eh? That bastard looks like Gouda! :D He needs to start dying! Was that Sakurako or the girl in the shower at the end? The girl, right?
Dec 9, 2015 10:49 AM

Jan 2015
Now, would you look at that.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Dec 9, 2015 11:02 AM
Jul 2018
That Sakurako's ass was nice! The painter is such a villain.
Dec 9, 2015 11:08 AM

Apr 2010
The case seemed very simple with the first couple, overprotective parents that think appearances matter more then everything else.
It was clear that they had no clue what their daughter was up to.
Very strict people thinking their kid will be very well behaved, in reality their child is only well behaved when their at home but when the parents are away their child is anything but well behaved.

It's obvious why their daughter would want to get away from them especially considering she is an adult.
Things got a bit more complicated when the other girl was introduced in her case it's also clear why she isn't staying at home and it's clearly for different reasons.

In any case it seems to be related to the artist who seems to be using the human body for his art and he seems to have an obsession with death.
Next week might be interesting,
Dec 9, 2015 11:08 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
I like Minami's design.
Dec 9, 2015 11:15 AM
Jul 2018
is it just me or that girl kinda looks like kurisu just not the eyes? D:

dat sakurako's ass and tatewaki staring at it and blushing lol
Dec 9, 2015 11:23 AM

Jun 2014
animefan8800 said:
Well our evil artist main villain has returned.

I could have sworn the guy from the poison painting mystery had long black hair, this dude looks bald. Are they actually the same person? That would make logical sense, but this guy looks different for some reason.

Anyway, this looks like it will be the final mystery. We still haven't learned much about Sakurako's dead younger brother, so this guy was probably involved, and I'm assuming we'll learn about that either next episode or in the last episode.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Dec 9, 2015 11:44 AM

Jul 2014
Sadly, having 2 episodes left, everything will probably be rushed

Am i the only one that thought that Minami looked A LOT like Makise Kurisu?
Dec 9, 2015 11:47 AM
Apr 2012
Anyone know what was the text about that Sakurako checked?
Dec 9, 2015 11:49 AM

Jul 2014
Well, at least we're finally getting onto that mysterious painter guy who's cropped up a few times. A good point about the differences in hairstyle between the poison painting mystery and this latest one; seems like something difficult to explain, but considering the way this series works I wouldn't be surprised if he had just worn a wig previously or simply shaved his hair off since. Saying that, I would much prefer for it to be different characters, as that would make things far more interesting going into the final two episodes.

I'm also curious about Sakurako's angle on this case. At the very least, it seems pretty damn clear that she does not have the purest of motives for her interest in this case. I'm sure it's linked to that book and probably even that body we saw at the start (or is that going to be forgotten about?).
Dec 9, 2015 12:04 PM

Feb 2015
This arc is interesting. a broken relationship is really.....
and for some reason, Sakurako looked like a bastard in this episode. does she have some manner, at least a little?
And that girl who ran away from her home with her dog, she was using drugs right ? she looked crazy.
and that after credit scene, he painted that butterfly on her back, then what? what is the meaning of that ? kinda confused after seeing that scene.
Dec 9, 2015 12:06 PM

Oct 2015
wow, this chapter was... wow. finally know the teacher's blackground that appears in opening.
catshy episode from the beginning too the end.
The last scene and the post-credit was creepy. I cannot wait a week for the conclusion
I am Argentine, so is not very good my English, sorry for the many typing errors.

Dec 9, 2015 12:08 PM

Jul 2014
Love said:
is it just me or that girl kinda looks like kurisu just not the eyes? D:l
No, you are not the only one. That were my first thoughts when I saw her.
Dec 9, 2015 12:14 PM

Feb 2009
I really wanna know what the text on the page Sakurako was reading. Dammit I wish I could read Japanese better lol

Dec 9, 2015 1:17 PM

Jul 2015
Chick looks like Kurisu. She's cute. Pretty intense episode imo. Love how Sakurako-san had that idgaf attitude when facing those parents. That painter fucker carved butterflies onto their backs. That ending was thrilling. I love how this anime slowly builds up the hype. Can't wait for next ep!
Dec 9, 2015 1:29 PM
Aug 2015
well now they will have to face za warudo

I guess they didn't see that one coming lol
PogChamp
Dec 9, 2015 1:38 PM

Jan 2015
Glad i wasn't the only one with kurisu in mind.

That butterfly guy reminds me of Umineko.
Dec 9, 2015 2:19 PM

May 2012
Pretty cool episode but did anything actually happen? If they're still going to tease the main villain next episode then the finale is not as well build up as it should be.
amcorp said:
Glad i wasn't the only one with kurisu in mind.

That butterfly guy reminds me of Umineko.

How.. There's nothing similar except a butterfly connecting them... It just represents butterfly effects of how everything is Supposedly connected together(poorly written in this show though).
Dec 9, 2015 2:40 PM

Sep 2010
That Hanabusa guy is a creep. Who calls a girl a butterfly?

"to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world." -a magnet
Dec 9, 2015 2:44 PM

Oct 2012
lol that bloody mary poster in minami's room!!! xD i wasnt expecting that!

great ep~ some more backstory for sensei. 2 episodes left, i hope they dont rush it too badly...
haineko123Dec 9, 2015 2:52 PM
( ´ ▽ ` )ノ
Dec 9, 2015 2:45 PM

Jun 2014
Im guessing Sakurako is so interested in the case probably because this painter guy may be connected to her brother's death? Anyway, Im glad they finally connected this back to the toxic painting episode.
Dec 9, 2015 3:19 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Man this episode was something else.....I can already feel how intense and suspenseful things are gonna get
Dec 9, 2015 3:54 PM

Dec 2014
Surprisingly engaging episode.

Though I don't know why they felt to give an ass-shot to Sakurako. I ain't attracted to 2D girls TBH. (Which I why I never use the term waifu in its "proper" definition)
Dec 9, 2015 4:07 PM

Sep 2012
Goddamn, that artist is a fucking creep.
But you got to love the story telling in this. Everything is connected. We'll finally learn what happened to the Soutarou that Sakurako mistakes Shoutarou for in panic situations. I assume that book she was looking at was the case she took from the bed-ridden dude (uncle I think?). Looks like his body was found in a body of water of some sort. Much excite for the last couple of episodes.
Friends are there to lend a hand when you can’t do something on your own. It’s not one person doing all the work protecting everyone, we help each other when in need. That’s what friends are for.
Dec 9, 2015 4:13 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
DAT ASS!

Tohsaka probably still has it better..

The case itself is laughably shoddy though. Thirsty girls and their preDICKament. Tsk.. Tsk..

Hanabusa might not be the brightest of criminals, but what sort of dumbass would drop a piece of clue behind so casually? C'mon, this show isn't even trying. >.>

Dec 9, 2015 4:18 PM

Jan 2014
ichigo_daisuki said:
That Hanabusa guy is a creep. Who calls a girl a butterfly?

I see everyone is talking about Sakurako-san's ass but is no one gonna mention how Sakurako sort of looks like Mikasa with the red scarf at the beginning of the episode?

I love how Sakurako's honest with others so much
Dec 9, 2015 4:46 PM

Jun 2012
Vindstot said:
DAT ASS!

Tohsaka probably still has it better..

The case itself is laughably shoddy though. Thirsty girls and their preDICKament. Tsk.. Tsk..

Hanabusa might not be the brightest of criminals, but what sort of dumbass would drop a piece of clue behind so casually? C'mon, this show isn't even trying. >.>

God bless
Dec 9, 2015 6:02 PM

Aug 2013
What a very mysterious plot, I still can not discern well the character of some characters, I look forward to some answers to come to the end of adaptation ..
Dec 9, 2015 6:18 PM

Jul 2012
Things are starting to get intense as we hit the final 3 episodes of this season! We finally get into the butterfly man and see has been doing more of these pictures and these things then just to Fujioka and acutally to 3 girls that were students of Isozaki and we learn about him a little from the festival and see that what happened to one of the girls changed him and that is the whole plant thing. We also all gotta say damn that Sakurako booty! Also it seems that this is the unsolved case that Sakurako has been looking into as well. But yea really good episode to start off this 3 episode arc that finally is connecting everything in this main plot.

Here is my full review on the episode:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3whBo4ummFY&feature=youtu.be
Dec 9, 2015 6:39 PM

Apr 2014
Finally, it gets interesting once again.
Did Yuriko and Sakurako just go at each other?! haha
At least it become interesting again.
Dec 9, 2015 7:24 PM

Jan 2014
Minami is so pretty.
Dec 9, 2015 7:53 PM

Jun 2013
Vindstot said:
DAT ASS!

Dec 9, 2015 8:00 PM

May 2015
All the series has been building up to Butterfly Man as the main antagonist. But 3eps is too short a time to have him do his work. At best he'll come off as laughable, and it's hard to build a good climax when the main focus is on characters who were just introduced. Feels rushed man.
Dec 9, 2015 8:17 PM

Dec 2014
This episode was quite interesting, So our butterfly man is finally making his move again. I also remember him having long hair.

What was Sakurako reading in that book towards the end?
Dec 9, 2015 9:53 PM

Jan 2008
From the clues we have, that painter sounds like some kind of perverse pedophile serial killer, luring young girls to be his nude models with self mutilation, controlling their minds with pills.

Reasons:
- why he's a pedophile: he approached underaged girls to pose nude for him, making them fall in love with him. The pills on the bed suggest foul play.
- why he's a perverse serial killer: two girls missing, one assumed to be dead in a cold case, with the other assumed to be as well in a worst-case scenario.
- why the painter is likely fucked in the head: the scars on the girl's back, and that the nature of this show is death and human bones.
- why he's evil: his actions during the previous arc involving the beat cop's old friend.
- why the girls are being controlled and/or manipulated: again, the pills. And the dead-looking empty eyes in anime characters.

I think it's safe to assume that Minami girl is the last one alive out of the three, with a high risk of dying in the next two episodes, or becoming permanently damaged.

If none of the above turn out to be true in the next two episodes, I'd be shocked.
Estoy_GordoDec 9, 2015 9:58 PM
Dec 10, 2015 12:59 AM

Aug 2013
I have a feeling that Hitoe is dead by the end of this episode.

Just the vibe this guy gives off and the fact that he tried to kill the cop friends family with poison.

Seems like he smooth talks young girls and eventually gets them to pose for him, probably nude too.

Eventually gets them to obsess over him to the point where he can convince them to do dumb shit (got hitoe to take all of those pills, Minami has that giant butterfly scar on her back. I assume he did that to her).

Get's the girls to take the pills so he can do more stuff to them. Probbaly even more lewd stuff. I'm assuming he's the one who put the giant butterfly scar on Minami's back. You'd definitely need to be fucked up on pills to let that happen. Maybe ends up fucking them.

When he feels like he's done with them, perhaps he creates the "ultimate art", by killing them and then taking pictures/painting them. He might also be obsessed with their pelvic bones since it's shaped like a butterfly (assuming that his obsessions are related to that book Sakurako was reading).

Dat Sakurako ass! WOO!
Dec 10, 2015 1:37 AM
May 2015
Geeez, why would would the parents call up the teacher about their missing daughter who isn't a student anymore from that school instead of police, imo it should be Hiroki Utsumi who should be the character there instead of Itsuki Isozaki.

So I'm guessing the other girl is already dead.

Dat ass is nice, but I like it better if she wearing a panty.

Besides, this is an ass
La_Matona301Dec 10, 2015 1:42 AM
Dec 10, 2015 1:41 AM

Jan 2012
thebrentinator24 said:
animefan8800 said:
Well our evil artist main villain has returned.

I could have sworn the guy from the poison painting mystery had long black hair, this dude looks bald. Are they actually the same person? That would make logical sense, but this guy looks different for some reason.

Hmm good point, but I still get the feeling it's him.
Dec 10, 2015 3:21 AM

Dec 2014
Hitoe, wow... She is hot. :3

In the epilogue, is the view from her back while sitting/standing or is she floating in the tub???
Dec 10, 2015 4:58 AM

Oct 2010
Highlight of the episode: Sakurako's ass
Dec 10, 2015 5:28 AM

Feb 2014
This episode had a lot of suspense and drama. It's good to see this arc having a good pace for a change as well.

Minami's design has a very strong resemblance to Makise Kurisu, even in the expressions she used in the episode.

Sakurako sure has a nice ass, even we see Shoutarou appreciating her curvy backside too. =D

The butterfly man is a real creep. I wonder if he drugged Minami so he could carve the butterfly wings on her back...either way, the sooner someone catches him and throws him in jail, the better. For Hitoe on the other hand, I have a slight feeling that she is beyond saving...
Dec 10, 2015 8:15 AM

May 2015
Look at that Sakurako ass. Damn. Great episode, one of the best in my opinion. We'll learn more about that guy in black, and also more about Sakurako's past. Only two episodes left though, so hopefully they won't rush it too much. I'm thinking this arc's going to be good.

Dec 10, 2015 8:44 AM

Nov 2014
Minami kinda looks like Kurisu
Hi there
Dec 10, 2015 8:48 AM
Jun 2012
And so, everything in the OP has been explained.
Dec 10, 2015 9:20 AM

Jun 2015
Mascera said:

I'll ship sensei with the plants XD

Vindstot said:
DAT ASS!

GG TROYCA

Also, that Minami girl doesn't look anything like Kurisu at all except for the hair.
Dec 10, 2015 9:26 AM

Jul 2015
Vindstot said:
DAT ASS!

The tru best thing about this ep .
Wohooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Dec 10, 2015 9:48 AM

Dec 2014
Ok The story is going smoothly as Always I really like or Sakarado connects everything to its core. Really looking forward for in next week
Dec 10, 2015 2:19 PM

Jun 2014
I quite liked the pacing this episode. Next week, there'd better be a corpse for show.
Dec 10, 2015 2:37 PM

Jun 2015
PowerTearer said:
Mascera said:

I'll ship sensei with the plants XD
I would ship sensei with plants, but I'm too busy shipping him with Sakurako-san. I can ship plants with bones, I hope it's ok. :'D

That was, so far, my favorite episode. The paintings were amazing, definitely my kind of art and my kind of mistery. And I have to admit thet the way Sakurako-san is thinking is very interesting to observe because in some parts we analyse facts the same way. It's quite pleasing to find character that does that.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2015

211 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 28, 4:19 PM

Poll: » Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 16, 2015

117 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 28, 3:32 PM

Poll: » Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2015

109 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 28, 2:46 PM

Poll: » Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 25, 2015

80 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 28, 2:21 PM

Poll: » Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 18, 2015

111 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 28, 1:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.