Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Dec 27, 2015 7:25 PM

Oct 2011
Okabe without lab coat... damn.

I can't contain my hype to S;G 0.
Dec 27, 2015 7:47 PM

Nov 2014
My only complaint was that there were only about 7 mins. of new content. Would've preferred a whole episode's worth. It's great, nonetheless.
Dec 29, 2015 8:12 PM

Aug 2013
A little bit dissapointed for okabe. a world without chirstina? is something hard for him i thought. but, wait for sequel. i hope he change his sentaku...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 29, 2015 11:18 PM
(Gamer)

Aug 2009
Pretty good. Looking forward to more Stein;Gate. 8/10

Dec 30, 2015 10:40 AM

Aug 2008
So is this route the novel canon or alternate route?

Bring it on WW3.
ZapredonDec 30, 2015 10:45 AM
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Jan 3, 2016 3:51 AM

Oct 2008
Well, never posted on MAL since I registered but this anime makes me do so :). I watched the first season, the special episodes, the movie... and this alternate episode in less than a week. I already thought Steins;Gate was amazing but this episode makes it even more perfect (more realistic in my opinion). It is going to make the upcoming season so interesting. So far I have never been desappointed by new episodes... let's hope hat Steins;Gate 0 will as good!
Jan 4, 2016 4:08 PM

Jul 2014
People are saying that the Steins:Gate 0 visual novel is even better than the original Steins;Gate, so I wonder if this will be the anime to finally beat out FullMetal Alchemist: Brotherhood... looking forward to how this goes haha.
"Beyond the veil of cherry blossom petals blown by the wind - almost like their promised reunion -

Feelings pile up with the passage of time: once the torrent of emotions comes rushing down, what is the spectacle that awaits?"
Jan 5, 2016 11:44 PM

Nov 2014
I HATE SAD ENDINGS, WHY?!?!?!?!? :'(
Jan 7, 2016 10:03 AM

Mar 2015
5/5... This episode was amazingly done. Can't wait for S;G 0, especially after seeing people say this novel is even better than the original!
Jan 12, 2016 12:15 AM
Jan 2016
this is definitely the animated prologue of Steins;Gate 0 VN lol

the early part of S;G 0 is dominated with okabe's depression....

it's like just when he was about to get some happy moment it has to be topped by trauma

S;G 0 said to be a Pre-True Ending sequel, remember that Video D-mail Okabe receive from 2025 in the series?
This Okabe will be the one who sends it
Jan 15, 2016 9:04 AM

Jan 2013
After seeing Steins;Gate for the first time a long time ago, seeing Okarin like this still breaks my heart.

I guess the "future" Okabe from the original series is this Okabe and the one we will see in Steins;Gate 0.
Seeing as he's the depressed Okabe we know and wants to save Kurisu after failing.
God I love this show.

10/10
PrOxAntoJan 16, 2016 7:37 AM
Jan 17, 2016 1:30 PM

Aug 2012
Finally... After many disappointing anime... FINALLY THE KING IS BACK!

Too bad now we have to wait for STEINS;GATE 0 to actually air... T_T

7/10 cause my hype died as fast as it built up lol.

If/when I decide to rewatch it just before the new season, then I'd be more 8/10 I guess. As of now, it's incomplete, and the original series + OVA + Movie was pretty much perfect already otherwise.

I wonder if I'll rate the new season 10/10 like I did for the original...

Let's cross fingers.

Jan 22, 2016 9:40 AM

Dec 2015
Loved the episode, great to see steins;gate back! 5/5

This is basically the story for the Okarin that lived through WWIII and sent the message to himself from what I understand. So the Okabe in the real episode 23 can get the message and save Kurisu.

If you guys are curious about the ending credits then watch Robotics;Notes all the way through. The series are more connected than you think (Chaos;head, Steins;Gate, Robotics;Note). It can be assumed that the head Organization actually exist too that controls all the different sub-organizations in each series.
Jan 27, 2016 3:55 PM

Nov 2015
I have mixed feelings with this. I loved the episode, seeing Okabe once again was amazing, but it was also so sad. Watching him kill Kurisu all over again..
When he cried... damn, that was hard to watch...so painful. That scene was truly heartbreaking. I've never seen a character so human. He can break.

Of course I loved the True Ending, but this was "the missing link" in episode 23 with that praised video D-mail. I'm really exited to see how Okabe manages to elaborate the plan to save Kurisu, and send that D-mail. WWIII, sacrifices, years and years of life could be undone. What will happen with them? Kurisu...

I managed to understand almost everything, how this is not a "erase and re-write" of the series just to make another season. It doesn't "nullify" episode 23, 24, 25 and the movie, it's just the story of the Okabe that send the video D-mail in the original episode 23. The end of Steins;Gate 0 will be the episode 24, hence, the True Ending.

Steins;Gate taught me that a happy ending doesn't mean it's plain and simple, but it can be profound, deep, amazing, epic, just right, majestic, but that doesn't mean there was no sacrifice down the road... Steins;Gate 0 will take care of that (not that S;G did not show sacrifices and pain).

See you in a couple months guys, it's going to be an EPIC ride!!

PD: I don't want to refer to her as "TV Kurisu" so... I'll call her Tenshi Kurisu, because it's cutter =)
PD2: I don't get why she's an AI sort of thing.
HumbertoZeroJan 28, 2016 5:14 AM
Jan 28, 2016 7:27 AM
Jan 2016
HDarkmantis said:
I have mixed feelings with this. I loved the episode, seeing Okabe once again was amazing, but it was also so sad. Watching him kill Kurisu all over again..
When he cried... damn, that was hard to watch...so painful. That scene was truly heartbreaking. I've never seen a character so human. He can break.

Of course I loved the True Ending, but this was "the missing link" in episode 23 with that praised video D-mail. I'm really exited to see how Okabe manages to elaborate the plan to save Kurisu, and send that D-mail. WWIII, sacrifices, years and years of life could be undone. What will happen with them? Kurisu...

I managed to understand almost everything, how this is not a "erase and re-write" of the series just to make another season. It doesn't "nullify" episode 23, 24, 25 and the movie, it's just the story of the Okabe that send the video D-mail in the original episode 23. The end of Steins;Gate 0 will be the episode 24, hence, the True Ending.

Steins;Gate taught me that a happy ending doesn't mean it's plain and simple, but it can be profound, deep, amazing, epic, just right, majestic, but that doesn't mean there was no sacrifice down the road... Steins;Gate 0 will take care of that (not that S;G did not show sacrifices and pain).

See you in a couple months guys, it's going to be an EPIC ride!!

PD: I don't want to refer to her as "TV Kurisu" so... I'll call her Tenshi Kurisu, because it's cutter =)
PD2: I don't get why she's an AI sort of thing.

I guess it's because she is a true genius. Whoever created the system obviously knows how intelligent she is, and I guess also somehow what Okabe is capable of. From my perspective it seems like they are trying to get inside information on the pair of them. I don't know though, I could be wrong, but it does appear that way.

I am so hyped for this but I know it's gonna tear me apart.. Ahh Kurisu... <3
Jan 28, 2016 10:17 AM

Nov 2015
cloud--- said:

I guess it's because she is a true genius. Whoever created the system obviously knows how intelligent she is, and I guess also somehow what Okabe is capable of. From my perspective it seems like they are trying to get inside information on the pair of them. I don't know though, I could be wrong, but it does appear that way.

Exactly, it's going to tear us apart. My kokoro can't handle it jaja that's why I need a couple more months to recover and let the feels-train hit us hard.

Random question: How would people recommend watching Steins;Gate now that it has 0? I mean, you could watch S;G from 01-25 and then the movie, then 23β as the prequel to S;G 0. OR, you could watch S;G from 01 to 22, then 23β, then S;G 0 and then S;G 23, 24, 25 and movie (taking S;G 0 as a "S;G Season 2").

I would still recommend the original way. The first I mentioned.
HumbertoZeroFeb 7, 2016 7:37 AM
Feb 7, 2016 6:06 AM

Dec 2010
HDarkmantis said:
cloud--- said:

Exactly, it's going to tear us apart. My kokoro can't handle it jaja that's why why need a couple more months to recover and let the feels train hit us hard.

Random question: How would people recommend watching Steins;Gate now that it has 0? I mean, you could watch S;G from 01-25 and then the movie, then 23β as the prequel to S;G 0. OR, you could watch S;G from 01 to 22, then 23β, then S;G 0 and then S;G 23, 24, 25 and movie (taking S;G 0 as a "S;G Season 2").

I would recommend the original way. The first I mentioned.
That sounds pretty interesting haha
"If you don't love anyone, it'll make your life easier. But, I don't want to believe it's useless to love anyone" - Hikari Sakishima
Mar 9, 2016 6:25 AM
Sep 2011
If you never did so, just listen to the drama CDs, it will explain Mayushii's point of view and what happened between the two divergences! :)
Damn I wasn't expecting less from this episode. Now I can't wait!
AnozaMar 9, 2016 6:30 AM
Mar 13, 2016 4:15 AM
Feb 2016
So because he dosen't save kurisu does this mean that World War 3 is still happening?
TheTacoPieMar 14, 2016 11:05 AM
Mar 13, 2016 6:31 PM

Nov 2015
TheTacoPie said:
So if he doesn't save kurisu does this mean that World War 3 is still happening?

Ding ding ding ding!! =)
Apr 14, 2016 6:35 PM

Mar 2012
Guess more suffering to come, but the impact probably won't stick since there's a confirmed happy end for the Okabe from the series since SG 0 is about another Okabe.
Apr 14, 2016 7:03 PM

Nov 2015
ninja88880 said:
Guess more suffering to come, but the impact probably won't stick since there's a confirmed happy end for the Okabe from the series since SG 0 is about another Okabe.

It´s not "another" Okabe. There's only one Okabe. This is what happened in the first loop, the one that gave origin to the video d-mail of the first episode.
Apr 14, 2016 7:15 PM

Mar 2012
HDarkmantis said:

It´s not "another" Okabe. There's only one Okabe. This is what happened in the first loop, the one that gave origin to the video d-mail of the first episode.

Did you assume that many worlds theorem is not taking place or was it stated? I've always thought whenever he left a world line he leaves a copy of himself to suffer while we just followed the one who jumped to different parallel universes.

Isn't SG 0 about the 30+ year old okabe who sends the message to the TV series one in ep 23?
ninja88880Apr 14, 2016 7:19 PM
Apr 14, 2016 7:18 PM

Nov 2015
ninja88880 said:
Did you assume that many worlds theorem is not taking place or was it stated? I've always thought whenever he left a world line he leaves a copy of himself to suffer while we just followed the one who jumped to different parallel universes.

Well, I understood that there are infinite worldlines, but only one is active, so only one is real, the others remain as posibilites.

But hey, I can be mistaken. ;)

It's been some time since I watched it, but I think Suzaha is the one explaining all that.
May 10, 2016 10:55 AM
Mar 2016
ninja88880 said:
HDarkmantis said:

Isn't SG 0 about the 30+ year old okabe who sends the message to the TV series one in ep 23?

i guess there's no many worlds or things like that, in vn (yeah because the anime skip this and that, and sometimes that make you miss some of critical point) amane make a brief explanation that it was lie about many world

i rewatched all of this a while ago, i just have one question, is it only me or suzuha never mention that okabe will die on 2025 (15 years from 2010) since she mention it on vn
Jul 9, 2016 10:12 PM

Mar 2015
Aww man this has got me seriously hyped for Steins;Gate 0! So open-ended unlike the conclusive episode 24 of the 2010 original. Hype hype hype!!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jul 29, 2016 6:51 AM

Jul 2016
something to feast our souls?
S;G 0 Storyline diagram
somehow i love the chapters title, so majestic!

7th-ArchangelJul 29, 2016 7:02 AM
Jul 29, 2016 12:27 PM

Nov 2015
7th-Archangel said:
S;G 0 Storyline diagram

I'm too afraid of looking at it!
No, I won't! I'll keep anything I can to be a surprise to when I watch S;G 0! >.< gotta b strong!
Jul 29, 2016 6:35 PM

Jul 2016
HDarkmantis said:
7th-Archangel said:
S;G 0 Storyline diagram

I'm too afraid of looking at it!
No, I won't! I'll keep anything I can to be a surprise to when I watch S;G 0! >.< gotta b strong!

well basically its just chapters title
in S;G its like Physical necrosis, endless apoptosis, paradox meltdown etc

im honestly didnt feel spoiled xD
Aug 1, 2016 4:27 PM

May 2012
Oh boy this brings me back! That OP, that atmosphere, everything! Really great episode, don't know why I took so long to actually watch it, but it was great!
Jan 2, 2017 7:53 PM

Dec 2014
What the heck? MAL says the source of this show is from the VN. But I'm pretty sure I didn't get this kind of ending when I played the game.
Jan 3, 2017 7:20 AM

Nov 2015
thefreeloader said:
What the heck? MAL says the source of this show is from the VN. But I'm pretty sure I didn't get this kind of ending when I played the game.
Maybe it's because this comes to be a prequel of the Steins;Gate 0 VN. I don't know, I haven't played it so I can't be sure.

What I am sure is that this is in any way an ending of the Steins;Gate original VN. Take it as a bad end if you like.
Jan 8, 2017 11:10 PM

Nov 2015
thefreeloader said:

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 13, 2017 12:42 AM

Dec 2014
AX3M said:
thefreeloader said:

I see. Thanks for the info.
Dec 16, 2017 4:46 AM

Nov 2016
This was largely a repeat of the second to last episode of Steins;Gate but it works for the context. Hyped for Steins;Gate 0 even more now. 8/10
Pixel_VapourDec 16, 2017 4:52 AM
Feb 8, 2018 10:14 AM
Feb 2018
I have seen this movie in other world line
Apr 8, 2018 6:35 PM
Apr 2017
I have the complete bluray that MAL claims has this OVA included with it but can't find it. Any help please????
Apr 10, 2018 12:57 PM

Sep 2016
Pixel_Vapour said:
This was largely a repeat of the second to last episode of Steins;Gate but it works for the context. Hyped for Steins;Gate 0 even more now. 8/10
woop woop almost here baby
Facta Non Verba
Apr 11, 2018 4:22 AM

Feb 2018
Man it was pure garbage. Two thirds of it was a repeat, and that one third that was not,that part was so cheesy and stupid. It's like they weren't even trying.
2/10 terrible, although I am still hyped for 0, going to pretend that it didn't start this way.
Apr 11, 2018 10:33 AM

Dec 2015
Lol Okabe felt so weird talking like a normal person.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Apr 11, 2018 1:07 PM

Mar 2012
Basically episode 23 but with the alternate ending.

It's no surprise they did it this way since not everyone has watched Steins;Gate so they could watch the whole series with 23B and skip the original ep23 and 24 to jump right into Steins;Gate 0.
Apr 11, 2018 4:32 PM

Feb 2015
Cool! With episodes 1-22 rewatched, and now I've seen this for the first time, I'm ready for Steins;Gate 0!

I don't like "normal college student" Okabe! It's so weird seeing him like this! But, with 2 cours of Steins;Gate 0, I'm really curious to see what on earth is going to happen to fill all of this time. Let's go!

...as for this episode, nothing amazing! It bridges the gap nicely but it's a standard thing. First part of ep 23 is the same, but then he just kinda stops it there and then. If I had seen this back in 2015 with no sign of what was to come next, I'd be disappointed with the events of this episode. But it works as a start to Steins;Gate 0 very nicely.
Apr 12, 2018 11:24 AM

May 2016
The nostalgia is real it's fucking real.
Apr 12, 2018 12:30 PM

Jan 2015
Wow, the other 23 episode was happier! This is so dark!
I watched this to follow up with the new season!
4/5
Apr 12, 2018 9:09 PM

Mar 2009
I didn't realize this was leading into the story of the very cool, badass Okabe at the end of the original episode 23 - the Okabe in the future I mean. Thank you to a few posts in this thread. Now I'm even more interested in Steins;Gate 0. It all makes sense why he didn't receive the video message this time, because this is the actually one who eventually sends the message. So excited to see the story of Steins;Gate 0. Sure is going to be interesting.

And poor Okabe. This is a depressing alternate timeline.
Apr 13, 2018 10:45 AM

Nov 2016
Glad that I watched this,cause I pretty nuch forgot about all the details.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 14, 2018 11:16 AM

Feb 2013
I figured I should probably watch this before starting 0.

Here we go...
Apr 14, 2018 4:25 PM

Jun 2014
I watched the original S;G years ago; finally decided to catch up with the specials and movie so i can proceed with S;G 0.

So in this version, Okarin gives up on reaching Steins Gate and remains in Beta, forsaking Kurisu. Welp, I guess 0 is going to have a depressing start.
Apr 15, 2018 8:40 AM

May 2015
Just came here to watch this before 0.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Apr 15, 2018 11:13 PM
Mar 2018
This alternate episode was so sad oml 😭😭😭 Poor Okabe
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» Funimation

DaMall - Nov 2, 2017

12 by Jaces_Sanctum »»
Apr 22, 2019 12:07 PM

» Should I watch 23β?

HumbertoZero - Jan 10, 2016

7 by Draconix814 »»
Apr 11, 2018 3:32 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.