Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 10, 2016 6:58 AM

Nov 2015
Hi and good day,
I'm on dangerous ground here, since everything in this forum is spoilers to me, but it is also the best place to ask my question.

As someone who loved Steins;Gate anime, including the episode 25 (Egoistic Poriomania) and the Fuka Ryouiki no Déjà vu movie, should I watch episode 23β?

I loved the True Ending, and the closure of episode 25, even the movie, but I'm a little bit scared/afraid that 23β will change everything that happened after episode 22 or 23. The series got a happy ending that in my opinion was not forced or was a gift, I think it was worth it, Okabe earned it, he carved it. It was not plain and simple.
Being that said: Should I watch 23β? Is it an "Erase and rewrite" from episode 23 to give space to S;G 0? Will it nullify everything that happened in the original 23 and later? Or is it something that happened in between along side with S;G 0's plot?

I'd really appreciate your help in this matter, trying to keep heavy spoilers at minimum. I know this post may help other people in my position.

Thanks.
HumbertoZeroJan 15, 2016 9:01 AM
Jan 10, 2016 10:42 AM

Apr 2013
Well, as you can tell... Steins;Gate 0 is an alternative setting. So it will nullify the events after what happens in the original episode 23. The most obvious thing that you can alter in episode 23...

It's the introduction/path that leads to the Steins;Gate 0 plot. Unless you want to watch the Steins;Gate 0 anime... I highly suggest not watching this alternate setting :o
Because the date for the anime series has yet to be announced. You'll die from the cliffhanger if you really enjoyed the True Ending :p

But if you remember watching the Steins;Gate movie Deja Vu... you can expect something very similar to what happens to Kurisu in the film to happen to Okabe.

The future selves guiding the present selves might be overused but it is possible
that the future Okabe will probably have regrets and Amane, Suzuha will likely play the role of messenger again to kick start Okabe into action.

I expect something else entirely. Something will influence Okabe to continue to search for Steins;Gate that will go lead into the original episode 23-24. And that this is probably the story of Okabe's journey to finding the Steins;Gate without his future self's help. (This might be future Okabe's journey).
duderusJan 10, 2016 11:02 AM

Jan 10, 2016 11:04 AM

Nov 2015
Ok, I think that I understand what you say. Just as an extra: Have you played the S;G 0 VN?

Continuing with what I was about to say:

If it is that, then it is was I was expecting and theorizing in my mind.

Either way, thank you so much for your answer, I will hold myself from watching 23β for the moment while we don't have any air date for S;G 0. I love the story how it went and this will be a "complement" or a "midquel" well, I may try it when the anime gets its air date. "A true sequel, not a fandisc"

I really need more bananas...

Many weeks later Edit: I watched it some time ago, hype went up!
HumbertoZeroMar 9, 2016 12:51 PM
May 10, 2016 10:46 AM
Mar 2016
i somehow want to correct you, but if i do that, it will be a huge spoiler from sg 0 so i wont, anyway just wait for the series and everything will be explained there

P.S : i didnt realize this post was on january, sry for being late
May 10, 2016 4:10 PM

Nov 2015
Xallorev said:
i somehow want to correct you, but if i do that, it will be a huge spoiler from sg 0 so i wont, anyway just wait for the series and everything will be explained there

P.S : i didnt realize this post was on january, sry for being late

Do not worry, and of course, I appreciate that you don't spoil S;G 0 to anyone. Jeje, I can imagine I can be wrong, in the end I could only speculate. I'll find out when the day finally comes =)
Apr 11, 2018 11:35 AM

Jul 2012
Well, the day has come and... I need to go and watch this episode hahahaha
Apr 11, 2018 1:43 PM

Nov 2015
The holy day has arrived. It will bring both light and darkness at equal parts.
Let's begin!
Apr 11, 2018 3:32 PM

Sep 2015
Yes, because it isn't retconned in Steins;Gate 0, at least as of the first episode.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Steins;Gate: Kyoukaimenjou no Missing Link Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

OneTrueEmiya - Dec 3, 2015

191 by MrNobodyFN123 »»
Apr 18, 7:23 PM

» Funimation

DaMall - Nov 2, 2017

12 by Jaces_Sanctum »»
Apr 22, 2019 12:07 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.