Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 28, 2015 4:25 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
LOL, it's like a villain's party this episode, at least for a bunch of them. Founds it even more funny that a few of them ganged up on Krillin.

Oh yeah, watching Master Roshi using Kamehameha was a refreshing sight. He needs more screen time imo. Hell, even Jaco fights a bit.
Stark700Nov 29, 2015 7:29 AM
Nov 28, 2015 4:32 PM

Oct 2012
Oh wow, that was fucking fantastic. One of the best episodes so far, they delivered so much. I was getting worried about the F retelling (I mean, I still am, it's still as flawed as the film), but this already made it a million times better than the film in my eyes. This episode was just, just great, can't wait for subs, honestly.
Nov 28, 2015 4:44 PM
Aug 2014
The fighting is not good as much as Rof. In DB Super Gohan is weaker than the Movie.
it seem that they fix the plot hole that Trunk and Goten can sense the enemy's Ki and will join the fight next week. but I never like Gotenks. he annoyed me.
padasamaNov 28, 2015 5:10 PM
Nov 28, 2015 5:12 PM

Oct 2012
padasama said:
The fighting is not good as much as Rof. In DB Super Gohan is weaker than the Movie.
it seem that they fix the plot hole that Trunk and Goten can sense the enemy's Ki and will join the fight next week. but I never like Gotenks. he annoyed me.

How is Gohan weaker? He looks stronger considering he was damaging Shisami in base while he needed SSJ in the film. It's Tagoma who's more powerful.
Nov 28, 2015 5:12 PM
Nov 2015
Cant they just undo this arc and move on to "new" stuff? We already know whats gonna happen. STOP MILKING FFS.
Nov 28, 2015 6:16 PM
Aug 2014
DrizzyXP said:
padasama said:

How is Gohan weaker? He looks stronger considering he was damaging Shisami in base while he needed SSJ in the film. It's Tagoma who's more powerful.

He had trouble with the villains and only watch them ganged up on Krillin. In the Movie he can do a better job than this.
Hope they do better fight scenes later, in this episode they were not good. But it's cool how Toei remembered Krillin's attack from the Saiya saga
padasamaNov 28, 2015 6:25 PM
Nov 28, 2015 7:55 PM

Jan 2015
Hmm This is even more Fast paced that in the movie which is good I guess ...
Nov 28, 2015 7:57 PM

Jan 2015
DrizzyXP said:
padasama said:

Gohan isn't weaker they just wanted to make the fight scenes longer.. He'll definetely kick some ass next ep or the one after that ...
Nov 28, 2015 8:49 PM

Jul 2015
Slight changes from the movie. Pretty good. Has anybody noticed how in the buu arc freeza was spectating the fight along tons of other villains but here he was in hell and in his mechanical form? Doesn't affect anything. Just saying
Nov 29, 2015 4:36 AM

Jan 2012
21. The Revenge Begins! The Frieza Army's Malice Strikes Gohan!
Original Airdate: November 29, 2015

As Frieza's troops exit his ship the 5 present Z Fighters explain where the rest are. Bulma suggested they not tell Goten and Trunks while Buu is fast asleep and won't wake up. Bulma and Jaco arrive while Frieza remembers Krillin as one of his previous victims. Gohan explains to Bulma that Frieza has grown far stronger while he hasn't kept up with his training. He can't defeat him. After waiting 10 seconds for Goku to arrive Frieza sends in his first wave. The Z Fighters are able to handle them, except Krillin, who is paralyzed with fear from his previous encounter with Frieza. Seeing this, Frieza offers a planet of his choice to the minion who kills Krillin. Goku and Vegeta continue their training, but are still far outclassed by Beerus. Annoyed with their noisy presence Beerus has Whis speed up their training by transporting them somewhere with his staff. Krillin is easily able to handle Frieza's henchman. Surprised by this, Master Roshi explains to him it's only natural he could take these weaklings after facing threats from beings like Cell and Majin Buu. With Frieza growing annoyed Sorbet sends in Shisami to fight. He attacks Gohan, trapping him in a bear hug. Just then, Tagoma blows a hole through both of them, killing Shisami. Gohan narrowly survives thanks to Piccolo and a senzu bean. As it turns out, Tagoma has been training with Frieza these past 4 months, enduring as much pain as Frieza can inflict without killing him. He claims to be stronger than the Ginyu Force and begins to power up. Sensing this, Goten and Trunks head out to the battlefield. In Jaco's ship, a peculiar frog watches the goings on...

Ok now we're talking! :D This episode felt waaay different from Resurrection F. I was happy we saw Buu, even if only for a second...more on that later. It looks like Goten and Trunks will fight next week, so that oughta be good. :D They're not even in Resurrection F! I wonder how Bulma will respond. :D I dunno where Goku and Vegeta went, but I'm guessing it's similar to the Hyperbolic Time Chamber. Krillin's little arc I was ok with, seeing his old master encourage him was sweet. Poor Gohan, Piccolo dissed him good...he's soo weak! :D Boy has Tagoma's role ever expanded! Guy has impressed! I liked the brief training scene he got with Frieza too. And of course...that frog. :D

Rating: 7/7

This Week in Buu: Briefly seen, sleeping.

Did You Notice?: We see Majin Buu sleep in the Buu arc. Then he needs no more than 5 seconds of sleep to be fully rested...that's clearly not the case here! :D

Next: Another Old Enemy Returns!

Wrsty said:
Slight changes from the movie. Pretty good. Has anybody noticed how in the buu arc freeza was spectating the fight along tons of other villains but here he was in hell and in his mechanical form? Doesn't affect anything. Just saying

That scene, while cool, was filler.
animefan8800Nov 29, 2015 4:43 AM
Nov 29, 2015 6:04 AM

Aug 2010
Wow those were some nice changes there with Tagoma. And Trunks and Goten are coming? Cool.

Still call BS on the power levels so much XD

But well from the pv looks like lots of fun coming. Gotenks headbutting Ginyu in Tagoma? ^^;
Nov 29, 2015 6:50 AM

Apr 2014
I didn't know Muten Roshi is strong enough to beat soldiers of Freeza army.
I mean he can't even use Bukujutsu.
"You don't become Hokage in order to be acknowledged by the village.
The one who is acknowledged by everyone, is the one who becomes Hokage."
Uchiha Itachi, Naruto Shippuden
Nov 29, 2015 7:13 AM
Apr 2014
I'm early, better make a joke

Nov 29, 2015 7:27 AM

Nov 2014
lol gohan got beaten so stupidly.
Nov 29, 2015 7:58 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
I'd put Shisami around 1 million in power level, he said he was stronger than the Ginyu Force. However I don't put him above 4th form Freeza 1%.

Togoma seems like he'd be around Super Cell's power level based on the preview for next episode. I'm anxious for next episode, Trunks and Goten joining the fight. This FnF arc is certainly different than the movie.

Goku and Vegeta being sent to that place. We haven't seen them achieve their SSGSSJ forms yet, so makes me wonder if they will achieve that form in next episode.

Nov 29, 2015 8:19 AM

Dec 2014
This all movie adaptation.. o looking forward to goten and trunks fight
Nov 29, 2015 8:29 AM

Apr 2015
but.....the movie
Nov 29, 2015 8:57 AM

Nov 2011
looked up the next ep preview
Nov 29, 2015 8:57 AM

Jan 2015
Woah! Tagoma is insanely powerful.
Nov 29, 2015 9:05 AM

Dec 2012
Savage

Nov 29, 2015 9:32 AM
Nov 2015
inconsistency ... Gohan dies to a soldier of the Ginyu force level?
Nov 29, 2015 9:40 AM
Nov 2009
They would let Goten and Trunks fight against Super Buu but they wouldn't let them fight against Freeza's cannon fodders because its too dangerous, wtf?
Nov 29, 2015 10:10 AM

Jul 2015
GosuGian said:
Savage

XD
Nov 29, 2015 11:00 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Kinche_D_Chufite said:

Scene reminded me of Picollo firing that SBC at Raditz and Goku who was preventing Raditz from moving. Besides Gohan was too focused on Shisami, he didn't notice Togoma.

nameskizo said:
They would let Goten and Trunks fight against Super Buu but they wouldn't let them fight against Freeza's cannon fodders because its too dangerous, wtf?

Because Goten/Trunks were the only hope they had vs Super Buu. They were forced to fight basically. Bulma didn't want the kids to fight Freeza(mother type of thing), especially Goten, Freeza would probably be like wtf why is Goku small.

Nov 29, 2015 11:33 AM

Apr 2014
And let the revenge begin!!
Gohan got shoot right in the heart...well shit haha.
Goku and Vegeta better hurry or by the time they are here, them family/friends are all dead.
Nov 29, 2015 1:20 PM
Jul 2018
My favorite part was Bulma's dialogue, the rest was painful to see.
Nov 29, 2015 1:52 PM

Jul 2013
Kinche_D_Chufite said:

He trains with Freeza, and like him, he become way stronger than that.
Nov 29, 2015 3:11 PM

Jun 2014
SweetKotomi said:
Kinche_D_Chufite said:

Scene reminded me of Picollo firing that SBC at Raditz and Goku who was preventing Raditz from moving. Besides Gohan was too focused on Shisami, he didn't notice Togoma.

Also in the original Revival of F movie, Goku got shot by a common ray gun and almost died. That's what happens when you lower your guard or something unexpected happens.
Nov 29, 2015 4:08 PM
Sep 2007
Restoration said:
SweetKotomi said:

Also in the original Revival of F movie, Goku got shot by a common ray gun and almost died. That's what happens when you lower your guard or something unexpected happens.

It's all just flawed. DBS is obviously produced by people who only seem to have skimmed through DB/DBZ without being actual "fans". Even with Toriyama's full input it would still be hilariously bad considering he doesn't even remember his own story. For example he thought ssj3 was ssj2.

Also, Gohan is still the new Yamcha.
Nov 29, 2015 4:35 PM
Jul 2018
Nice to see some changes about Tagoma.

Trunks and Goten are going to join the fight!
Nov 29, 2015 5:03 PM
Oct 2008
They managed to shit on Gohan and Krillin even more. Gotenks next episode though.

vasilis0602 said:
I didn't know Muten Roshi is strong enough to beat soldiers of Freeza army.
I mean he can't even use Bukujutsu.

He isn't. Out of all the moronic events that transpire in RoF, Roshi being there is still my biggest issue with the whole thing.
Nov 29, 2015 10:08 PM

Feb 2015
I really love how they made other characters relevant aside from gods and saiyans.
Nov 29, 2015 10:23 PM

Aug 2008
sle91 said:
Cant they just undo this arc and move on to "new" stuff? We already know whats gonna happen. STOP MILKING FFS.

Not everyone takes the time to go and watch the movies, especially nowadays with there being so many of them. It'd be moronic to skip it and then thrust super into the general population with all these new powers out of nowhere. Considering they're already about half through this arc and almost at the new content, it's really no where near as bad as the waits were in DBZ. Get over it.

Also, as someone who's supposed to be the strongest human on earth, I'm really glad about what they're doing with Krillin considering what they did to him after he fell for 18 back in the day. Found it hilarious that Frieza was offering planets for whoever kills him after impaling and blowing him up before. Haha Here's hoping he takes up training again after this fiasco, same goes for Gohan which I assume might happen once Pan grows a bit.

Even though Roshi is way past his prime, and shouldn't be there, i find it to be great to see him fight even if he is a onepump chump since we haven't really seen that since Dragon Ball. It just goes to show how much everyone's stagnated in their training if even he comes out to help defend when they don't stand as much of a chance. Personally, I enjoy it since the DB franchise has always had a tinge of goofiness to it, even if it doesn't fit in with everyones current levels of power.
Karasu416Nov 29, 2015 10:26 PM
Nov 29, 2015 11:56 PM
Oct 2014
After this long, that Ginyu is finally going to do something....
Nov 30, 2015 12:57 AM

Oct 2008
Way to go Krillin!
5/5!

Nov 30, 2015 1:12 AM

Jan 2009
next episode will be more interesting seems Ginyu the frog will shift body with Tagoma lol
and Gotenks will fight in this version huh, noice
Nov 30, 2015 1:36 AM

Mar 2011
Oh Gohan, can they make you anymore pathetic. I understand he isn't one to love fighting. But he should still be by far the strongest fighter. He should not need ss as he has surpassed that from the buu saga.. Even neglecting training, for him to get hit by that was ridiculous even if it was a surprise attack.

Krillin seems he can't sense ki anymore as he has clearly surpassed the soldiers also.

I mean come on even Master Roshi is beating them when he of all of them should not be able to, as cool as it is to see him fight again.

Ah and how I hoped they would come up with better than 'trained for 4 months'. Lets just assume it was a Frieza '4months' like his 5 mins was like 20 episodes, he was probably training for years xD.

I am enjoying this, and should stop nit picking but some of these things would not be hard to fix just knowing the old story...
"When everyone else is about to give up, the fighter who becomes the role model, is the true Leader."

Nov 30, 2015 4:02 AM

Feb 2008
Fucking great episode. I like that they actually used an excuse why others didn't come to the fight, so it was mostly kept at the classic team. Now if only Yamcha was there, but he quit fighting after the Cell saga. I know it's just stupid nostalgia pandering with Tenshinhan and Muten Roshi joining the fight, and even Krillin having a big focus in the fight, but it's great to see something that's not standard Saiyajin bullcrap.

And holy mother of hype, Ginyu has a comeback, can't make Revival of Frieza more complete than this. Next episode is actually pretty hype for the first time since the show started.

I'm really loving all of these changes compared to the movies. Makes me glad they reanimated everything, since it's clear that the writers are huge fans and know which strings to pull. Now if only the animators were more competent, but it's outsourced to Philippines heh.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Nov 30, 2015 4:12 AM

Jun 2015
damn they have done so many changes in this series, i thought i would be same as the movie.

Good thing
Nov 30, 2015 5:50 AM

Oct 2014
This episode was truly amazing. It reminded me why i love dragon ball! Good to see krillin having confidence in himself and also good to see everyone fighting together..

Master Roshi's kamehameha was epic!!
why
Nov 30, 2015 6:05 AM

Sep 2014
Another garbage episode from this garbage Anime, meh.
Nov 30, 2015 8:06 AM

Jul 2015
What pisses me off is that Gohan and Piccolo became weaklings, especially Gohan, who stopped his whole training and wasted all his potential. It seems that Dragon ball focuses only on Goku and Vegeta, and some of their foes, everyone else became "unimportant". They should have stopped at DBGT, I loved Dragon Ball so much when I was a kid, but now... It's an utter shit in my opinion.
Nov 30, 2015 8:08 AM

Jan 2014
Harrymanhunter said:
Another garbage episode from this garbage Anime, meh.
Then watch this garbage lol

Nov 30, 2015 1:05 PM

Jun 2013
krillin just hurry up and die already Master Roshi just being a badass as usual and Gohan has turned into a faggot i wonder why oh well really cool episode shit is about to get epic i hope
Nov 30, 2015 5:09 PM

Apr 2015
This series has been a lot of fun with these last few episodes. I hope it's not all just my nostalgia of DBZ.
Nov 30, 2015 7:11 PM

Jul 2012
Well, I can already see that this fight is getting adapted differently from the movie, so far so good.

Tagoma just awoke his dark side and he looks pretty strong in the preview. However, it looks like he can have all the power in the universe and still not withstand a nutcracking headbutt from Gotanks.

~Great episode!!!
Nov 30, 2015 7:17 PM

Oct 2011
Gotneks appears for the fight against Togama OMG
Nov 30, 2015 8:28 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
Wait a second, weren't Freiza's soldiers at least moving a little in the background during the movie? What happened?! Now they're just completely still.;;
Someone explain this to me if you can and I'm not trying to be sarcastic either. Can they not use the clips from the movie or something? They already had the clips, right?! Were they worried about consistency because they changed up the scene a little??

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Dec 1, 2015 5:59 AM
Jul 2010
I didn't really watch the episode in depth, since the movie was seen not too long ago. While it is nice to see some notable changes, but i really don't like decrease in action scenes, team fighting was so cool in the movie. And i bet they will drag the final fight again...
Dec 1, 2015 7:55 AM
Jul 2018
Another terrible episode for Super.

Dropped: 3,518

Well this might explain the overwhelming amount of 5/5 votes every week. Some of you guys are positive to the point of delusion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 95 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 17, 2017

86 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 28, 2:28 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 94 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 10, 2017

79 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 28, 2:12 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 93 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 3, 2017

109 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 28, 1:51 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 92 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 27, 2017

110 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 28, 1:39 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 91 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 20, 2017

59 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 28, 1:07 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.