Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 1, 2015 4:22 PM

Sep 2014
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
So... in Magi 3 years = A millennium.
Seems legit. Damn, Sinbad. All dat technology.
From the looks of it, Sinbad next chappy.
Poor Alibaba, lol. I missed his face and his over-exaggerated reactions.

Not sure if allowed to post the pages, so I'll just roughly summarise it:

Alibaba borrows a flying broom stick magic tool from Yunan and makes his way to his destination. He complains that it's far slower than when in Djinn equip(which he can't do cos he doesn't have Amon with him). He remembers what Yunan told him before he left - that the world has change immensely and Sinbad has created a 'utopia'. He lands in Reim and starts walking, to save magoi. In the streets, he sees that the citizens are using magic carpets and magic tools to carry things around and go about everyday life, like it was normal.
He asks an old man for a boat to Partevia(the country where 'Partevia's Sindria Company' are based), to which the old man says that only peasants use ships and boats to move about, calling it 'old fashioned'.
Instead, Alibaba has to go onto what the old man called a 'flying ship'. Alibaba arrives in Partevia, after making weird and comical faces at he ship's speed ofc.
He walks around and sees skyscrapers, elevators/lifts and bright lights even tho it's night time. He uses a lift to get up, where he finally arrives in front of the Sindria Company HQ.
Ofc, per usual, que his reactions to all the high tech.
The last bit of text said
Sinbad… Just what sort of amazing world did he make??

Source:

I'm expecting to see Suit!Sinbad next chapter. Oh the hype.
I have to wonder tho, with the tech and what not, why are they still wearing old-fashioned clothes? 0_0
mira-pyonNov 1, 2015 4:49 PM
The sun is a deadly laser
Nov 1, 2015 5:16 PM

Jan 2015
mira-nyan said:
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
So... in Magi 3 years = A millennium.
Seems legit. Damn, Sinbad. All dat technology.
From the looks of it, Sinbad next chappy.
Poor Alibaba, lol. I missed his face and his over-exaggerated reactions.

Not sure if allowed to post the pages, so I'll just roughly summarise it:

Alibaba borrows a flying broom stick magic tool from Yunan and makes his way to his destination. He complains that it's far slower than when in Djinn equip(which he can't do cos he doesn't have Amon with him). He remembers what Yunan told him before he left - that the world has change immensely and Sinbad has created a 'utopia'. He lands in Reim and starts walking, to save magoi. In the streets, he sees that the citizens are using magic carpets and magic tools to carry things around and go about everyday life, like it was normal.
He asks an old man for a boat to Partevia(the country where 'Partevia's Sindria Company' are based), to which the old man says that only peasants use ships and boats to move about, calling it 'old fashioned'.
Instead, Alibaba has to go onto what the old man called a 'flying ship'. Alibaba arrives in Partevia, after making weird and comical faces at he ship's speed ofc.
He walks around and sees skyscrapers, elevators/lifts and bright lights even tho it's night time. He uses a lift to get up, where he finally arrives in front of the Sindria Company HQ.
Ofc, per usual, que his reactions to all the high tech.
The last bit of text said
Sinbad… Just what sort of amazing world did he make??

Source:

I'm expecting to see Suit!Sinbad next chapter. Oh the hype.
I have to wonder tho, with the tech and what not, why are they still wearing old-fashioned clothes? 0_0

Wow technology has come far ....
Nov 1, 2015 7:34 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
I had the exact same reaction as Alibaba lol.....My mind has been blown
Nov 2, 2015 3:48 AM

Aug 2015
Where does they got all this mana ?
looking at the magical tools and facility they use it must be bigger than magnostadt mana facility 2 years ago,

Now they did say about all metal vessel has been confiscated yes ?
i wonder if they use the "Djinn" as the mana source to support all that facility.
Nov 2, 2015 5:52 AM

Feb 2014

Is this the entire chapter? Damn it felt so short.

MeinKaiser said:
looking at the magical tools and facility they use it must be bigger than magnostadt mana facility 2 years ago,

i wonder if they use the "Djinn" as the mana source to support all that facility.

Good point, i was asking myself the same thing, since we KNOW that the Utopia of Sinbad will have some type of flaw to generate conflict
SCREW THE RULES, I HAVE MONEY!
Nov 2, 2015 7:46 AM

Sep 2014
ItalodeM said:

Is this the entire chapter? Damn it felt so short.

MeinKaiser said:

Good point, i was asking myself the same thing, since we KNOW that the Utopia of Sinbad will have some type of flaw to generate conflict

*cough*Terrorists*cough*

You just know that Kogyouku is gonna get introduced as one.
Nov 2, 2015 10:44 AM

Feb 2012
Magi has gone full scifi.

Nov 2, 2015 8:47 PM

Sep 2010
Now I'm just waiting for my mechs. I loved this chapter mostly cause one of my favorite anime genres is sci-fi and my reaction was the same as Alibaba's I mean I knew the world was going to be different, but not THAT different.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Nov 2, 2015 11:26 PM

Jan 2015
Lol how long is 3 years in the Magi world? Pretty crazy technology jump there.

Sinbad next chapter? I hope so. Hope Alibaba gets his metal vessel just in case shit hits the fan.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Nov 3, 2015 12:10 PM
Jan 2014
Wow, that was pretty gutsy of Ohtaka. To be honest though, I feel kind of betrayed. One of the reasons I loved Magi so much was because if helped fill the severe lack of historical action-fantasy type manga out there ): The difference in aesthetics is going to bug the hell out of me, with a futuristic dys/utopia Sindria Co building and a Victorian-steampunk airship while everything else still remains in 800 CE. Not sure how this will play out.
Nov 3, 2015 3:07 PM

Feb 2014
alicieux said:
Wow, that was pretty gutsy of Ohtaka. To be honest though, I feel kind of betrayed. One of the reasons I loved Magi so much was because if helped fill the severe lack of historical action-fantasy type manga out there ): The difference in aesthetics is going to bug the hell out of me, with a futuristic dys/utopia Sindria Co building and a Victorian-steampunk airship while everything else still remains in 800 CE. Not sure how this will play out.

yeah i'm not a big fan of it as well, the cellphone type of thing bugged me a lot but i'm just way too curious to see what happened so i'm ignoring it for now
Nov 3, 2015 5:32 PM
Jan 2014
ItalodeM said:
alicieux said:

yeah i'm not a big fan of it as well, the cellphone type of thing bugged me a lot but i'm just way too curious to see what happened so i'm ignoring it for now

There was a cellphone?
Nov 4, 2015 2:33 AM

Feb 2014
Nov 4, 2015 7:58 AM

Sep 2014

>Shell
>Electronic phone

Pick one, lol. It's a magic tool, not a phone made from science-technology. I like what she did there, actually.
mira-pyonNov 4, 2015 1:34 PM
Nov 4, 2015 12:52 PM

Aug 2010
We Sci-fi now O_o
Nov 4, 2015 12:54 PM

Feb 2014
mira-nyan said:

>Shell
>Electronic phone

Pic one, lol. It's a magic tool, not a phone made from science-technology. I like what she did there, actually.

And where exactly i said "eletronic phone", OF COURSE it IS a magic tool, BUT it is basically the "cellphone" of this world
Nov 4, 2015 1:36 PM

Sep 2014
ItalodeM said:
mira-nyan said:

>Shell
>Electronic phone

Pic one, lol. It's a magic tool, not a phone made from science-technology. I like what she did there, actually.

And where exactly i said "eletronic phone", OF COURSE it IS a magic tool, BUT it is basically the "cellphone" of this world

Cellphone = Mobile phona = Electronic phone.

Doesn't take a genius. Makes more sense now that you've explained it.
Nov 4, 2015 7:08 PM

Nov 2011
I was not entirely expecting the Sindria Trading Company Headquarters to look like that LOL

If I was Alibaba, I'd have a similar reaction at first glance too.
Nov 4, 2015 8:55 PM
Oct 2013
That escalated quickly.

My reaction...
Nov 4, 2015 9:33 PM
Community Admin
sunny moment

May 2010
Quite the industralisation magi has undergone haha

pretty trippy actually, I would be as surprised as alibaba with airships and flying carpets everywhere
Nov 4, 2015 11:09 PM
Anime Moderator
᠎ Master Öqvily᠎

Aug 2014
They've evolved more in 3 years than us in 100 years. :s

Forum set made by my
secret santa, Nate!
Nov 4, 2015 11:19 PM

Jun 2009
Did Sinbad start using Mako Reactors?
Nov 4, 2015 11:58 PM

Jan 2014
Pretty impressive to see the country evolved in such a short time
Nov 5, 2015 12:30 AM
Jul 2015
Next chapter, Magi is invaded by the Harusame pirates and forbid swords, so Alibaba is going to use a wooden sword in order to establish his own yorouzuya. First he will get a small guy as main partner and then a strong redhair girl

Wtff!!! This is bullshit! Someome said in last chapter that timeskips are a perfect way to ruin a good manga, so much knowleadge...
Nov 5, 2015 1:15 AM

Sep 2014
my boy sinbad has changed the fucking world :)
*people die when they are killed* - emiya shirou.......
Nov 5, 2015 1:23 AM

Mar 2012
LMAO, my face completely synced with Alibaba's throughout the whole chapter. XD

Technology, bitches!
Nov 5, 2015 1:40 AM

Mar 2012
Mind blown lol. Hope the explanation will be good.
Keep moving forward
Nov 5, 2015 2:03 AM

Dec 2013
The technological advances are insane! WTF
Nov 5, 2015 2:24 AM
Jul 2014
Where would Alibaba, Morgianna and Hakuryuu possibly be? And we don't know anything about the whereabouts of Kouen and co.either... I mean, did they escape?
I'm seriously worried about the metal vessels though.
Nov 5, 2015 2:44 AM

Mar 2014
So Magi went from old arabic to full Sci-Fi crap.. don't like where this is going.
Nov 5, 2015 4:12 AM

Apr 2013
Not even 100 years wisdom prepares you for all that technology...
Anyways, I'm glad to see Alibaba's personality hasn't lost the silliness, but I do hope to see some sort of development in his character. Guess the meeting with Sinbad will be a chance to gauge that.
geraltNov 5, 2015 5:49 AM
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Nov 5, 2015 4:37 AM

Feb 2012
What kinda shittery was that lol.

Inb4 he finds Sinbad in full suit n tie outfit saying like have a seat Alibaba while watching outside from his office.

Not liking this start tbh.
Nov 5, 2015 6:48 AM

Apr 2010
I lol'd after seeing all those people taking a magic carpet ride. It really is a whole new world. <3
Nov 5, 2015 7:28 AM

May 2010
i liked this when it was MAGICAL , i know that they run everything with magoi but still , now magoi is no different that electricity !!
and is it just me or did Alibaba imagine that Aladdin would have boobs ,when he was thinking how his friend would look like , are those boobs on Aladdin ? looool
Nov 5, 2015 7:36 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
the fuck

suddenly going full sci-fi mode? o.o
Nov 5, 2015 8:52 AM

Jul 2009
well.. it's the final arc after all. so nothing like going off the rail with your story when you're at the end stretch.. right? lol. smh tbh.
Nov 5, 2015 9:04 AM

Aug 2014
Sarrora said:
and is it just me or did Alibaba imagine that Aladdin would have boobs ,when he was thinking how his friend would look like , are those boobs on Aladdin ? looool

That's Morgiana
Nov 5, 2015 10:35 AM

Jul 2008
Araneae said:
Sarrora said:

That's Morgiana

Pretty much, you need to remember that although 3 years passed, for Alibaba it's been over a hundred of years since he last saw them.

Also I can't help but believe that most of this technology come from the Alma Toran era. It always seemed more prosperous than Magi's world. This means that Sinbad is using David's knowledge to accelerate the growth of the world.
Sinbad probably think he can control the world but I'm pretty sure the reason why Alladin and co disappeared is because they think it'll eventually end like Alma Toran did.
Nov 5, 2015 12:28 PM

Aug 2014
Classic Alibaba...his reactions are pure gold xD

It's crazy how much has change in just THREE years, i guess only a man like Sinbad could pull something like that.

I don't know what Shinobu has in store for us but i'm enjoying the ride haha.
Nov 5, 2015 12:57 PM

Sep 2014
Shangetsu said:
Araneae said:

That's Morgiana

Pretty much, you need to remember that although 3 years passed, for Alibaba it's been over a hundred of years since he last saw them.

Also I can't help but believe that most of this technology come from the Alma Toran era. It always seemed more prosperous than Magi's world. This means that Sinbad is using David's knowledge to accelerate the growth of the world.

He used Magnostadt as the base/foundation of all this. Tho Alma Toran was probably a part of it.

Sinbad probably think he can control the world but I'm pretty sure the reason why Alladin and co disappeared is because they think it'll eventually end like Alma Toran did.

He doesn't want to control the world; he just wants a world with no wars. Making it more advanced is just a stepping stone.
mira-pyonNov 5, 2015 1:35 PM
Nov 5, 2015 1:27 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Ugh. Not liking these developments too much.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Nov 5, 2015 7:10 PM

Jul 2008
mira-nyan said:
Shangetsu said:

He used Magnostadt as the base/foundation of all this. Tho Alma Toran was probably a part of it.

He doesn't want to control the world; he just wants a world with no wars. Making it more advanced is just a stepping stone.

In the end that's controlling people, he wants to impose his view about how the world should be unto everyone and anyone disagreeing with it is an enemy that must be removed.

Sinbad always was the type of character to control others for his own ideal.
Nov 5, 2015 7:16 PM
Nov 2014
I'm hoping it was all a dream LOL
Nov 5, 2015 7:19 PM

Jan 2015
LOL all these people hating and I'm just like "I can dig it" XD
Nov 5, 2015 11:47 PM

Sep 2014
Shangetsu said:

In the end that's controlling people, he wants to impose his view about how the world should be unto everyone and anyone disagreeing with it is an enemy that must be removed.

Well, no. His dream is actually quite mainstream. As you can see, he has not imposed his ideal from everyone. Aladdin said it himself; if he stayed near Sinbad too long, he'd be N A T U R A L L Y drawn to him and W A N T to follow him.
The way you've completely understood such an important character is baffling. Hakuryuu himself started a war, in which Sinbad joined. He stopped the war, without having too many casualties - everyone else wanted the least amount of casualties too - and Kouen wasn't even killed. Hakuryuu started a war and did Sinbad dispose of him? No.

There, you paragraph is moot. You clearly don't understand a grey character. -_-

Nope, not at all.
If you're talking about Zepar, then still no. He only got to see what she saw - and could only take over her body for a few seconds, in which all he could do was speak to Alibaba, with no evil intentions.
Ofc, his methods are questionable - tricking someone that obviously has feelings for him is underhanded, but if you read Sinbad no Bouken, you'd understand why he does that.
Nov 6, 2015 1:14 AM

Jul 2015
alicieux said:

Well, in a sense the Magi manga DID play out the historical-fiction genre, and simply put, it has gone full circle:
olden times (separate Empires) - three superpowers (Reim, Kou, Seven Seas Alliance) - state-of-the-art magitek and a global economy (International Trade)
Nov 6, 2015 1:15 AM

Jul 2015
mark417 said:
LOL all these people hating and I'm just like "I can dig it" XD

Magitek-punk, hell yeah!
Nov 6, 2015 5:28 AM

Jul 2008
mira-nyan said:
Shangetsu said:

Well, no. His dream is actually quite mainstream. As you can see, he has not imposed his ideal from everyone. Aladdin said it himself; if he stayed near Sinbad too long, he'd be N A T U R A L L Y drawn to him and W A N T to follow him.
The way you've completely understood such an important character is baffling. Hakuryuu himself started a war, in which Sinbad joined. He stopped the war, without having too many casualties - everyone else wanted the least amount of casualties too - and Kouen wasn't even killed. Hakuryuu started a war and did Sinbad dispose of him? No.

There, you paragraph is moot. You clearly don't understand a grey character. -_-

Nope, not at all.
If you're talking about Zepar, then still no. He only got to see what she saw - and could only take over her body for a few seconds, in which all he could do was speak to Alibaba, with no evil intentions.
Ofc, his methods are questionable - tricking someone that obviously has feelings for him is underhanded, but if you read Sinbad no Bouken, you'd understand why he does that.

Actually what is baffling is that you think that because something is right or done with right intention then it is good and that the end justify the means.
You said it yourself, he has a tendency to draw people near him. He does not control people with power, he control them with love.
He manipulate people by making them think they are doing it by their own belief but they are dancing in his palm.

I read Sinbad no Bouken and it seems you understood absolutely nothing from the Madaura arc, you only see what's on the surface without caring about what's happening deep down. This whole situation is a rehearsal of when Sinbad filled the slaves with hopes, nourished their desire to be free only so they would revolt, crush his enemy and made him free.

Sinbad seem nice. He probably have good intentions deeps down but he's the same as what he despises and that's why he's fallen. He always thought he was the center of the world, that everything moved according to his will and that in the end he would never lose. That's not without reason since the world is actually moving by his will since he's an individual that has been chosen by the rukh. He's probably the human who was the closest to Solomon or even Ill Ilah before they reached the status of a god.

Now that Alibaba has come back, I wonder about that.
Nov 6, 2015 8:29 AM

Sep 2014
Shangetsu said:

Actually what is baffling is that you think that because something is right or done with right intention then it is good and that the end justify the means.

I'm not. And you may not even have gotten my point.

You said it yourself, he has a tendency to draw people near him. He does not control people with power, he control them with love.

Haha, hilarious. No. That, sir/miss, is called C H A R I S M A. It doesn't need love, or hatred, or even a relationship. That's his natural charisma that wants people to n a t u r a l l y become his ally or chase his ambition with him.

He manipulate people by making them think they are doing it by their own belief but they are dancing in his palm.

Nope.

I read Sinbad no Bouken and it seems you understood absolutely nothing from the Madaura arc,

My point is based on that, tho.

you only see what's on the surface without caring about what's happening deep down.

Well, no. If I only saw the surface, I wouldn't consider him a grey character, now would I?

This whole situation is a rehearsal of when Sinbad filled the slaves with hopes, nourished their desire to be free only so they would revolt, crush his enemy and made him free.

Nope, he didn't fill them with hope, he broke their hope. He admits it himself that, like Madaura, he broke their spirit and rebuilt it in his own way.
Wow, so you don't think he genuinely wanted to free them?
Even tho we know that he hates slavery and doesn't want poor kids to be shipped and become like Fatima?
Seriously, dude, I don't know what to tell you.
He did what he did, as it killed two birds with one stone - he's free, the kids are free. He now owns them and released them as slaves.
Jesus Christ, you sure put him in the dark light, don't you? Ofc, the latest arc is the arc he loses his chivalric and straightforward-head-first methods of achieving his dreams, but he's not outright murdering, pillaging, e.t.c to gain his wish.
Nov 8, 2015 1:29 AM

Jun 2011
Oh god damn, industrialization hit them hard, holy crap.
Even the United States never went through this big of an industrialization or a modernization at that, especially in just THREE YEARS!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» opinions on Magi's depiction of Arabian culture?

laaare - Oct 30, 2016

17 by Afan_123 »»
Apr 30, 4:22 AM

Poll: » Magi Chapter 31 Discussion

ZetaZaku - Sep 26, 2012

7 by Marloges »»
Apr 29, 8:32 AM

Poll: » Magi Chapter 30 Discussion

BackLashWave - Dec 31, 2011

10 by Marloges »»
Apr 29, 8:21 AM

Poll: » Magi Chapter 29 Discussion

10 by Marloges »»
Apr 29, 8:14 AM

Poll: » Magi Chapter 28 Discussion

9 by Marloges »»
Apr 29, 8:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.