Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 25, 2015 6:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Heh, Felia looking silly again this episode while also demonstrating a bit of her powers

Is it just me or does she seem to be really fond of food? I mean like all sorts..
More social interactions this episode. She's learning quite a bit. That ending worries me though. She must be so scared...
Stark700Oct 25, 2015 7:17 AM
Oct 25, 2015 7:23 AM

Jan 2012
I want to punch whoever wrote this shit...
May he never ever get his hands on an original work again.
So much wasted potential, it really hurts me watching this shipwreck sink.

"Hey we have only 12 episodes for this and we fucked up ep3 pretty hard. What do we do to get story and characters rolling again?"
"How about filling 10min with vegetables and shitty sfx?"
"sounds good."
AeonenlebenOct 25, 2015 7:26 AM
"Es irrt der Mensch, solang er strebt." - Faust I, Vers 317
Oct 25, 2015 7:29 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
This episode was fun and I enjoyed all of the laughs and family moments

They're really pushing this family theme and thats fine with me because its being handled pretty well....That part when Felia didn't want Sogo and Kaon to go to school reminded me of a kid not wanting her parents to leave TwT

Sucks what happened in the end to the store and Felia and I hope that nothing too bad will happen to her.... It'd be cool of we get to see Sogo go apeshit next week
TokoyaOct 25, 2015 7:32 AM
Oct 25, 2015 7:32 AM

Jan 2015
Seriously? Dancing vegetables?
This is getting worse and worse :/
Hopefully the next episode will be good
Oct 25, 2015 7:33 AM

Jan 2012
Xenocrisi said:

Don't forget the firework-BBQ. There should be legal consequenzes for this sort of retardation.
Oct 25, 2015 7:34 AM

Jan 2015
Aeonenleben said:
Xenocrisi said:

Don't forget the firework-BBQ. There should be legal consequenzes for this sort of retardation.

Ahahah, you're right, It made no sense.
Oct 25, 2015 7:36 AM

Aug 2012
This show is so great when its just happy family fun times with Felia, Shogo, and Kaon. I kinda wish this was the whole series, just some SOL with mystic powers. The dancing vegs were amusing.
Oct 25, 2015 7:38 AM

Aug 2013
Xenocrisi said:

This.
I don't know who came up with this idea, but it was just pathetic.
I still like this anime, but come on!
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Oct 25, 2015 7:38 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Dancing vegetables, BBQ fireworks... were they high while making this anime. What the hell are they gonna do for the next 8 episodes. In four episodes, the story literary went nowhere.

3/5
Oct 25, 2015 7:41 AM

Jan 2015
GoldenDevilGamer said:
Dancing vegetables, BBQ fireworks... were they high while making this anime.

I think so.
Oct 25, 2015 7:49 AM

Aug 2012
Sigh, for you guys who wanted something dark and serious, looks like your getting your wish. I just wanted more happy family episodes, but its not looking like that is going to happen now. I hope you all are happy.
Oct 25, 2015 7:53 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
NeoRevan said:
Sigh, for you guys who wanted something dark and serious, looks like your getting your wish. I just wanted more happy family episodes, but its not looking like that is going to happen now. I hope you all are happy.
People just can't appreciate characterization and light hearted moments these days
Oct 25, 2015 7:54 AM

Sep 2010
Almost 75% of that episode had happy times that did not quite transition smoothly into the dark and serious moments. I did like that Pack also thinks Alfried is a creep.

"to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world." -a magnet
Oct 25, 2015 7:54 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Losing my mind over how retardedly terrible the first 15 mins were. Nothing happened, instead we see annoying Felia making vegetables dance. I feel violated with seeing dumb stuff like this.

Ruined the whole episode for me.
Oct 25, 2015 7:56 AM

Jan 2012
NeoRevan said:

No, noone is getting their wish since the anime is lacking in almost every aspect.
There is no real story so far 1/3rd through the whole anime and no character development at all.
All we got so far was an opening episode and dumb slapstick and moe-blob.

The only people happy are the people with low demand, so the ecchi and moe fans.
And since there is (at least) no Ecchi in this one only the later remain.
Oct 25, 2015 8:04 AM

Sep 2013
Seriously? Wasted too much. Please, don't get worse than this.
Oct 25, 2015 8:04 AM

Feb 2014
This show has been totally mis-advertised. It seems more like a slice of life with some fantasy elements. Where the fuck is the adventure part and what happened with the unique visuals the first advert showed. I mean dancing vegetables, fixing roofs and mechas is not what i signed up for. This show seems to be designed for families with children under the age of 10. The biggest annoyance is the main girl is essentially a big toddler. Also laughable villians who destroy pot plants, lol. Crap episode
Oct 25, 2015 8:08 AM

Aug 2012
Tokoya said:
NeoRevan said:
People just can't appreciate characterization and light hearted moments these days

I know, I loved the times when it was just a mother, father, and their daughter. Sorta. Don't really see that a lot these days. It was... refreshing. A nice way to start my Sunday Morning.
Oct 25, 2015 8:08 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Dat vegetable dance tho

Such Disney

Much wow

Sadly it was also pretty damn pointless
Oct 25, 2015 8:14 AM

Dec 2013
eXtacy67 said:
This show seems to be designed for families with children under the age of 10.

Well it could be so, every show has its target audience, including anime.
There is nothing wrong with it.
Even the time at which it airs is a possible indication.

Beyond all, I think the ending promise good for future development, I think I have noticed interesting clues. Now it remains to be seen how they will be exploited ! Good !
What do you think about the planetarium? That beautiful twinkling of eternity that will never fade, no matter when....
Oct 25, 2015 8:28 AM
Jun 2015
The question after this episode should be can is it going to get worse? The characters are pretty bland and not much as happened and this is 1 quarter into the show.
Oct 25, 2015 8:30 AM

Mar 2015
Well...this is kind of ridiculous but it's the kind of ridiculous that gets me interested to see where it will go. Personally, I don't think this show makes sense...but whatever. I mean dancing veggies, BBQ fireworks and why the fuck did Sougo ask Do Mon what was wrong when the radio was broadcasting it plainly that the typhoon was coming. I admit the writing is horrible and they wasted lots of potential but I'm hoping the adventure part is starting soon. It seems next episode something interesting will happen, Sougo is going to run away and try find Felia. It'll be funny if Pack gets character development by hanging around Felia, becoming a nicer kid y'know?
Oct 25, 2015 8:31 AM

Jan 2012
Hmm...boy talk about 2 tonally different parts! First was nice and soothing. The Veggie Dance was reminiscent of something out of Disney. Like Merlin's song in The Sword in the Stone. Then came the rain, and you just knew Felia was in trouble. I admit all the coincidences lining up to allow for her easy kidnapping were eye roll inducing. Who goes to school with a typhoon in the forecast? :D Ah well, hope they rescue her without dragging it out too much.
Oct 25, 2015 8:39 AM

Aug 2015
Ok episode. First half of the episode the characters were having a good time and having fun, then the storm hit and things went south.
Oct 25, 2015 8:42 AM

Mar 2015
Aeonenleben said:
The only people happy are the people with low demand, so the ecchi and moe fans.

I am an ecchi and moe fan and I take offense at this statement. -_-
I'm dropping this show after this episode myself. I don't see how being a fan of those things = low demands. There are much better shows out there with T&A and moe goodness, while Comet Lucifer just isn't delivering for me... neither on the comedy, the moe OR the adventure front!
Oct 25, 2015 8:43 AM

Jan 2014
Good episode, i for one liked the light hearted parts... while i'm all in for dark, tragedy and horror stuff, i appreciate when a series tries to do something out of the ordinary. It's meant to be adventure, and as such it also needs some of these if not funny then fantasy like moments imo.

Sogo to the rescue ٩( 'ω' )و
Oct 25, 2015 8:45 AM
Jun 2014
Ramiel00 said:
eXtacy67 said:
This show seems to be designed for families with children under the age of 10.

Well it could be so, every show has its target audience, including anime.
There is nothing wrong with it.
Even the time at which it airs is a possible indication.

Beyond all, I think the ending promise good for future development, I think I have noticed interesting clues. Now it remains to be seen how they will be exploited ! Good !

Yeah, that seems to be the case, very childish first 3 eps.
By the way, How old is Felia? I think she is around 9 (physically and mentally well...like 5)... Hey Sogo, don't you feel bad for being such a lolicon?
Oct 25, 2015 8:49 AM

Nov 2014
I can't help but facepalm with that vegetable's dance scene, that was the most stupid thing i've seen in a time...

It's already four chapters and we still got to know nothing about felia, the first half was the same SoL stuff already seen in the past episodes, only saveable by the later minutes of the second half.

Hopefully the next episode has more action and drama at least.
Oct 25, 2015 8:49 AM

Jan 2012
DoubleMangekyo said:
Aeonenleben said:

I am an ecchi and moe fan and I take offense at this statement. -_-
I'm dropping this show after this episode myself. I don't see how being a fan of those things = low demands. There are much better shows out there with T&A and moe goodness, while Comet Lucifer just isn't delivering for me... neither on the comedy, the moe OR the adventure front!

Well, i can tell you if you want.
Ecchi/Moe isn't actually a setting, it is more of a tool.
A tool to entertain, and a tool that is much easier to use than decent character- or storywriting.
Moe can at least be used like salt, spicing up an anime that is already good to make it more appealing.

But Ecchi is almost always used to compensate for lack of story/character.
And it only appeals to those with lack of sex, i guess. Since i simply can't see the appeal.
I rather watch my gf under the shower than some random anime character. It just seems pathetic and it does nothing for story/character development whatsoever.
Oct 25, 2015 8:58 AM

May 2010
Im dropping this shit cause it has zero value and thus is not worth my time.
i gave it more than enough chances but it just got worse with every episode!
Oct 25, 2015 9:21 AM
Feb 2012
Xenocrisi said:
Kerozinn said:
Im dropping this shit cause it has zero value and thus is not worth my time.
i gave it more than enough chances but it just got worse with every episode!

Wow what is with all the "no fun allowed" haterade drinkers. What were you expecting when you saw the style of this show from the 1st episode? It's still a far cry from even being the worst show airing this season.
Oct 25, 2015 9:23 AM
Jan 2015
The vegetable scene was funny as hell.

Vee? Huh. I like that name.

Michiku, huh? The news said that the last typhoon was 40 years ago, and he mentions something about being sixteen....So, Du Mon is 56?

From the preview, seems like Sogo is going solo to rescue Felia. Well, him and the caterpillar, but that's the same as going alone. That don't seems like a good idea.

Felia has a naughty side... Story of Lucifer...Maybe, but now now. She will not turn "evil" now.
Oct 25, 2015 9:26 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
NeoRevan said:
Tokoya said:

I know, I loved the times when it was just a mother, father, and their daughter. Sorta. Don't really see that a lot these days. It was... refreshing. A nice way to start my Sunday Morning.
Exactly my point...That's why I am loving this series
Oct 25, 2015 9:35 AM

Aug 2015
Episode 4 in a nutshell
Oct 25, 2015 9:37 AM

Jan 2012
ichii_1 said:
WTF?!!!
What is with all these edge lords?! :O
F*cking disgusting how they're ruining the discussion with bandwagon hate.

Lmfao the jet sounds from the carrots XD 10/10
Alexandra III
Are we going to the moon? :O

Aeonenleben said:

There is no real story so far 1/3rd through the whole anime and no character development at all.

It's called characterization and SOL.
lmfao everything needs drama and violence? XD lol gtfo you edge lord.
Even cowboy bebop was episodic with nothing happening, go watch guro and rape hentai cause that's more to your tastes.

But this is not a SoL Anime and even in SoL you need characterization, more than in other genres even. But this one barly has any at all. Sure, shout "Hate, Hate" all you want instead of making a point...
People like you really ruin every discussion...

you just behave like an angry fanboy...
Oct 25, 2015 9:41 AM

Aug 2012
ichii_1 said:
WTF?!!!

Alexandra III

Aeonenleben said:

Even cowboy bebop was episodic with nothing happening, go watch guro and rape hentai cause that's more to your tastes.

Thank you, someone agrees. The one thing I will complain about is that they are trying to do both. If this was just an episodic SOL kinda thing, I would love this show. There would still be the haters cause of the "muh violence and T&A" people who can only watch if there is one of the other. Well, them and the 2deep4u crowd. Why can't we just have a nice, peaceful series about family, how it isn't always about blood, and just relax. And then the Mecha shows up, and the child abductions and just... yeah. I want to go back to dancing vegs and Felia being cute.
Oct 25, 2015 9:43 AM

Aug 2012
IDontWishToBe said:
The vegetable scene was funny as hell.

Vee? Huh. I like that name.

Michiku, huh? The news said that the last typhoon was 40 years ago, and he mentions something about being sixteen....So, Du Mon is 56?

From the preview, seems like Sogo is going solo to rescue Felia. Well, him and the caterpillar, but that's the same as going alone. That don't seems like a good idea.

Felia has a naughty side... Story of Lucifer...Maybe, but now now. She will not turn "evil" now.

I think the naughty side comment is just a weird way of saying that she can get angry and act out like any other kid.
Oct 25, 2015 9:54 AM

Aug 2012
Aeonenleben said:
ichii_1 said:
WTF?!!!

Alexandra III

But this is not a SoL Anime and even in SoL you need characterization, more than in other genres even. But this one barly has any at all. Sure, shout "Hate, Hate" all you want instead of making a point...

Does your personality change rapidly in the space of a few days? They established personalities in episodes 1 and 2. Episode 3 was them taking the day out on the town where Felia acted like a cute little girl, Koan and Shogo spoiled her like she was really their daughter... and then they had to fight off some kinda creeper against Felia. This isn't a perfect show, and I'm certainly not a fan boy. But the dynamics are so different from usual SOL chill shows. With SOL, we usually see High School kids doing stuff, right? Now we see some kids acting like a family trying to raise/take care of a little girl. Thats the show I want to see. But then it half asses some action and drama and just ruins the moment. Point being, that it doesn't have to do anything big and flashy to add characterization. Just them living their lives, going about daily events gives them character. Is that a good enough point?

Also, my 2 cents about the Rock mascot looking like Ai-Kun from Macross Frontier... its an long round green thing. If you want to call copy cat, then Ai-Kun looks just like Kermet the Frog without legs.
Oct 25, 2015 9:55 AM

Sep 2013
Aeonenleben said:

lol using the genre card XD
This is obviously a show with a bunch of different genres.

just this ep.
-felia gets some characterization with her being mad and learning the meaning of sorry
-moura warning felia about using her power, foreshadowing? will something happen if she overuses it?
-do mon and the typhoon may or may not be important
-sougo's past is briefly shown, along with a red crystal foreshadowed
-the sages and a possible trip to the moon?
-kaon and roman's arranged marriage thing shown again, build up
-felia kidnapped

Why do you don't like it again? oh right, art style and stupid bias, cool.
Oct 25, 2015 9:57 AM

Sep 2014
I don't want to say I hate this anime, but I haven't enjoyed it one bit. The art is very nice, but the characters aren't likeable and I have no idea what the plot even is. Things just seem silly too, like the dancing foods.
Oct 25, 2015 9:58 AM

Jan 2012
NeoRevan said:
Aeonenleben said:

Does your personality change rapidly in the space of a few days? They established personalities in episodes 1 and 2. Episode 3 was them taking the day out on the town where Felia acted like a cute little girl, Koan and Shogo spoiled her like she was really their daughter... and then they had to fight off some kinda creeper against Felia. This isn't a perfect show, and I'm certainly not a fan boy. But the dynamics are so different from usual SOL chill shows. With SOL, we usually see High School kids doing stuff, right? Now we see some kids acting like a family trying to raise/take care of a little girl. Thats the show I want to see. But then it half asses some action and drama and just ruins the moment. Point being, that it doesn't have to do anything big and flashy to add characterization. Just them living their lives, going about daily events gives them character. Is that a good enough point?

Also, my 2 cents about the Rock mascot looking like Ai-Kun from Macross Frontier... its an long round green thing. If you want to call copy cat, then Ai-Kun looks just like Kermet the Frog without legs.

True enough. But SoL usually works with personal hardships as a way to form and develop a character.
The character here are shallow and didn't really show much emotions. I can forgive the kid for acting like one but the main was more part of the background than actually involved in what was happening.

All the cast did was acting like expected, no sign of unique personality anywhere.
Oct 25, 2015 9:58 AM
Feb 2012
Aeonenleben said:

But you're wrong, there has been plenty of characterization if you just pay attention. It's just been slow and subtle, but has been happening. We are learning the likes dislikes and even habits of each of the cast, and a lot about the world they live in; if you can't see that, that's on no one but yourself, and complaining that it's a "bad show" because it doesn't spell it out for you to your face and you're unable to catch the subtle development is completely unfair.
Oct 25, 2015 9:59 AM

Jan 2015
fredchickens said:
Episode 4 in a nutshell

I'm outta here
Oct 25, 2015 9:59 AM

Jan 2012
ichii_1 said:
Aeonenleben said:

lol using the genre card XD
This is obviously a show with a bunch of different genres.

just this ep.
-felia gets some characterization with her being mad and learning the meaning of sorry
-moura warning felia about using her power, foreshadowing? will something happen if she overuses it?
-do mon and the typhoon may or may not be important
-sougo's past is briefly shown, along with a red crystal foreshadowed
-the sages and a possible trip to the moon?
-kaon and roman's arranged marriage thing shown again, build up
-felia kidnapped

Why do you don't like it again? oh right, art style and stupid bias, cool.

I explained more than once why i didn't like it and it has nothing to do with bias or art style. I even said in ep 1 or 2 that i really like the art and i still do. I also like the setting as i also already mentioned.

What i hate is the storytelling and the character development.
You really have to learn how to read...
Oct 25, 2015 10:02 AM

Jan 2012
aeg2138 said:
Aeonenleben said:

But you're wrong, there has been plenty of characterization if you just pay attention. It's just been slow and subtle, but has been happening. We are learning the likes dislikes and even habits of each of the cast, and a lot about the world they live in; if you can't see that, that's on no one but yourself, and complaining that it's a "bad show" because it doesn't spell it out for you to your face and you're unable to catch the subtle development is completely unfair.

Oh yeah.
I waited for the "it is just to subtle for you to notice card..."
The vegetable dance, the mecha chase, the mecha slapstick.
Now that you mention it i can see all the development put into the characters...
Oct 25, 2015 10:04 AM

Dec 2013
fredchickens said:
Episode 4 in a nutshell

AOTS guaranteed by Red Tuesday
Oct 25, 2015 10:09 AM

Aug 2012
Xenocrisi said:
fredchickens said:
Episode 4 in a nutshell

I'm outta here

Don't like some Disney in your anime?
Oct 25, 2015 10:16 AM

Jul 2010
I'll just like this series to remain a little more consistent, while the dancing vegetables were pretty fun in itself, and fitting for Felia's innocence, the bowling strikes, and firework was a little overboard, as I doubt Felia saw those herself. A good scene would've been still pretty much the same, but a sort of celebration in the town's part to set off fireworks, then Felia would top it off with her very own creation. The creators just had a little too much fun in making the dance, though it is amusing in its own way, I wouldn't really like to see an "invisible hand" that manipulates things to their own amusement that plays no role to make the anime better.

A tad skeptical when it comes down to what has yet to come, though I have high hopes for something that is an adventure filled with fantasy. Seeing Felia constantly being tempted to use her power like that, and saying sorry to the window brought many cute scenes to the table.

At the end, despite a few complaints, this was still an enjoyable episode, and that is pretty much all that matters to me.
Oct 25, 2015 10:36 AM

Mar 2012
Why was there a camera in the scarecrow
Oct 25, 2015 10:38 AM

Feb 2014
Why is everyone getting so mad over dancing vegetables?
Tokoya said:
adapatations are not supposed to be carbon copies of source materials and until the anime community in general can accept that and judge an anime based on what it presents and how they handle every episode, these threads will continue to be filled with hate posts by purists
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Comet Lucifer Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2015

160 by DINGO_SCUM »»
Mar 28, 2022 7:24 AM

Poll: » Comet Lucifer Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2015

161 by syncrogazer »»
May 2, 2019 7:04 AM

» Why all this hate? ( 1 2 )

Franchowo - Nov 8, 2015

62 by Aplope »»
Feb 26, 2019 9:58 AM

Poll: » Comet Lucifer Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 13, 2015

61 by haydnwright »»
Dec 1, 2017 8:12 PM

Poll: » Comet Lucifer Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2015

62 by Hannah_Ana »»
Sep 18, 2017 3:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.