Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 1, 2015 11:27 AM

Oct 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This OVA was kinda good and it had potential to be very complex love story if this was regular series perhaps. I kinda like it.
On the other hand, it only felt like a pilot of never-broadcasted anime, there was no real closure. One can only guess.

But it was worth the watch nonetheless.

6/10
Sep 5, 2016 12:26 AM

Sep 2013
I was kind of annoyed by how unsurprised 16 year old Kirara was at finding out that she'll be dead in 8 years. She doesn't seem phased at all. This was an ok show...nothing special and kind of slow. Character designs were kind of wonky too.

5/10

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Jan 21, 2018 12:14 PM

Jun 2011
This was too short. I really liked it, just... too short. 6/10...
The anime community in a nutshell.
Oct 10, 2018 6:32 PM

Nov 2016
A TV series of this would've been great, but this was still surprisingly good.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 8, 2019 2:37 PM

Dec 2015
Cute romcom start, packaged in an average 2000s OAV: poor animation, soulless charadesign and bad drawings, particularly of faces, worsening it. The syrupous insert songs are quite effective (at least on me).

Enjoyment: 5/5
Score: 5.5/10 It was quite fun and I'll definitely check the manga since it doesn't appear to be stretched out too much.

"potential to be a very complex love story" XD I don't want to be mean but while there was indeed an interesting concept supporting it, it seemed to have nowhere any potential for greatness but rather for a conventional but fine romcom.

@FMMatron Wie hast du das Manga gelesen? Gab es eine deutsche Edition?
Jan 8, 2019 2:56 PM

Nov 2016
Rei366 said:
Cute romcom start, packaged in an average 2000s OAV: poor animation, soulless charadesign and bad drawings, particularly of faces, worsening it. The syrupous insert songs are quite effective (at least on me).

Enjoyment: 5/5
Score: 5.5/10 It was quite fun and I'll definitely check the manga since it doesn't appear to be stretched out too much.

"potential to be a very complex love story" XD I don't want to be mean but while there was indeed an interesting concept supporting it, it seemed to have nowhere any potential for greatness but rather for a conventional but fine romcom.

@FMMatron Wie hast du das Manga gelesen? Gab es eine deutsche Edition?

You can actually purchase a German version, but I went out and read it like a pirate.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 14, 2019 8:34 PM

Oct 2010
This thread should have a post yelling at Konpei for barely resisting while his ghost wife was being exorcised, but I'm too tired to bother writing one.

Shame on you bro I guess.
Jun 16, 2021 8:16 PM

May 2012
Gah, wish it was longer. Felt kinda unsatisfying with that ending, but overall it was pretty good. Beginning was confusing for awhile until the "8 years in the past" thing was mentioned, that could have been explained better or earlier.

Loved the character designs. Ghost Kirara's facial expressions were especially appealing.

I also really loved the soundtrack for this. Lots of vocal songs, really helped push the characters' feelings out I think.

Shame we'll never see this fully animated, but it was a good watch at least.
Jan 20, 2023 11:27 PM

Aug 2014
This was an enjoyable OVA.  Cant complain

Although I am surprised that its from 2000. I could have sworn it was from like the early 1990's

More topics from this board

» So

outlawauron - Nov 30, 2011

16 by jucheck »»
Nov 20, 2015 7:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.