Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Heroic Legend of Arslan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Sep 27, 2015 3:19 PM

Apr 2014
That's it?! So does this mean we will be getting a second season?
Well, not much happen in this last episode anyway...other than seeing the girly side of Etoile.
8/10
Sep 27, 2015 3:31 PM

Oct 2012
lol, Etoile being tsundere :D kinda good ending episode I guess.

anway, this was very facepalm heavy series indeed. there were many inconsistences or wtf character decisions without logic. my main gripe with this series is that Arslan only showed some decision making in last few episodes, before he was just heavyweight for his advisers not able of any useful act. And this series while being his legend has little "legendary" deeds on his side.

I also didn't like how Narsus was always omnipotent strategist able to know exactly what'll enemy do and base his strategy on that. solutions of some of their problems were also very questionable. and I really didn't like use of magic. And I could continue further...

On the other hand, sometimes there were also rather good episode, mainly when Arlsan wasn't around. There were little rare glimpses of clever thinking, diplomacy and politics. And some side character were somehow good.

Still, after considering all pros and cons it can be only 5/10 for me at best. If they ever consider the second season there is surely many areas to improve.
Sep 27, 2015 3:36 PM

Apr 2015
Are we going to get a love triangle between Arslan, Etoile, and Elam?

Decent finale and I definitely want more, but we have to wait for the manga to get further, right?

This series was consistently excellent. It wasn't as exciting as, say, Fullmetal Alchemist, but it didn't need to be. This is an epic tale, and I'll keep watching to see Arslan become the Legend the title says he is.
Sep 27, 2015 4:10 PM

Oct 2013
Hoping more for a movie, but would still enjoy a second season.

Great ending.

Sep 27, 2015 4:34 PM

Jan 2015
Tokoya said:
Man I really need a S2 now lol, that was such a great finale episode

Everything from the talk that Arslan had with ESTELLE HNNNNNNNGGGGGGGG, the funeral, the interactions that our main cast had with each other, that birth of the child and the speech by Gieve was just beautiful....Simply beautiful

I am going to miss this series so fucking much, the OST in every scene was so amazing too!!!!!! This is what I like from an adventure/fantasy/war themed series and Arslan delivered on every aspect for me

Easy 9/10 for me

I think this post summed up my reaction to this last episode... and also 9/10 for me! I hope in a next season they can improve the animation, but I can forgive it for the story.

Sunday was my favorite weekday until today T_T

Gieve's words by the end were great, but Farangies' talk with Estelle was touching as well.
"The throne itself does not have a will of its own. This is how I think of it. Depending upon who sits on it, it can be the seat of justice or it can be the seat of inhuman cruelty. As long as it is a man, not a god, doing the governing, he can never be perfect. But should he neglect to make efforts to reach for perfection, a king will surely tumble down the slippery slope towards evil, with no one around to stop him. His Highness, the crown prince, is always making an effort." together with the scenes of Guiscard, Innocentis, Tahamenay, Andragoras and Hermes.♥

remember how it began...

and now how crowded they got! I'm so proud of my bbs :)

haha you silly! of course he was worried about you and glad that you are safe. :3

and of course the ship has sailed!! go get your tsundere girl, Arslan.

-----
The ending is wide open and i'm getting hyped for a second season. :D
Sep 27, 2015 4:46 PM

Aug 2008
Arslan x Etoile

Need season 2. Overall, great show.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Sep 27, 2015 5:04 PM

Jul 2014
It was alright, the ending was good though. 7/10
Sep 27, 2015 5:32 PM
Nov 2013
There IS so much more that can be explored with this series and we haven't seen arslan become king, nor have we seen how he would run his own kingdom. All that must be said SEASON 2 OR WE RIOT!
Sep 27, 2015 7:04 PM

Jun 2014
Well this has to be the best historical anime I've watched in a long time! Loved the whole thing from start to finish. Glad we got to see Gieve again and the sneak peek of what he is after was definitely a sign that the story continues!

The characters, the music, and the story just kept me interested and excited in watching this every week! Here is hoping we get a season 2 announcement!

Overall this was a solid 10/10 for me! Now that Nanatsu No Taizai got a second season announcement at the end of Arslan, I am holding out hope that we will get a S2 announcement for Arslan at the end of their season!
So glad that I'm not a huge manga reader, because the manga readers WHINE WAY TOO MUCH and have to RUIN every adapted anime for the ANIME ONLY WATCHERS!
Sep 27, 2015 9:21 PM

Jun 2013
Narsus is really an amazing strategist Etoile is such a tsundere lol wow that ost man well that was good hope there's a 2nd season
Sep 27, 2015 9:35 PM

Mar 2014
That Gieve ending was fucking perfect!

Can't wait for Gieve vs. Mordor.
Sep 27, 2015 10:19 PM

Jul 2011
What was that song that played during the prayer for the dead? I really want it!
Whole episode had beautiful OST. T_T

It's really a shame they didn't decide to do a full adaptation like LotGH (not that LotGH finished either), that would have made it into an epic, complete love. We barely got to see any of Arslan's success, only got a taste of it. Thought it was OK at the start, but damn the last few episodes and Arslan's development in character really got me excited. He went from wimpy to determined and very nice (he even jokes with Etoile <3). His strengths are beginning to show.

I would love to see more of this. I want to see this finished and Arslan successfully building the country he envisions. D:
Sep 27, 2015 10:54 PM
Jul 2015
Easily one of my top 5 anime. Sad to see it go and I want more!
Sep 27, 2015 11:32 PM

Jan 2011
My biggest gripe with this show is just the battles. They were, in all honesty, pretty horribly choreographed more times then not. Maybe it was the the awful CG but they lacked impact. For a story that relies heavily on force v force to progress the story I would of hoped for more effort or time put into this. The battle for territory control felt very superficial as a result. It just simply was directed very well. Very flat sometimes.

The story though made for a great adventure. The cast was decent and had their strong points. Again, not a ton of depth in interaction but still very enjoyable.

In the end I think the tale could of been crafted better but I still enjoyed this most weeks. Started off strong, the middle suffered the most, and ended on a strong note. I still want this to continue and hope for an announcement sooner than later.
IZEROIISep 28, 2015 12:13 AM
Sep 28, 2015 12:15 AM

Sep 2013
I'm really hoping for a sequel the story isn't over yet!

8.5 from me
Sep 28, 2015 12:45 AM

Jul 2013
Why is there no 2nd season announcement??? surely it can't end like this (although they ended it nicely here).

Etoille seems to be waking up to her womanly instinct XD Lots of OTP moments with Arslan in this episode too. Plus that funeral scene had a fucking epic OST!!

Overall it's a very entertaining war anime. I kinda expected it to bomb at first since a good war anime is almost non-existent before this. The supernatural theme was a bit of a disappointment since it was never truly explored and was used conveniently as a deus ex machina a bit too many times. That being said I do like the war aspect, Narsus' strategies, as well as all the political maneuvering.

I hope they don't wait too long (as in years) for a 2nd season.

8/10
Sep 28, 2015 1:22 AM

Dec 2012
I was so caught up in that battle for the Keep that I completely forgot that this wasn't the final battle for the throne. Maaaan, I really need a second season of this. So many loose ends and potential development that must happen. This episode wrapped it up in an unexpectedly quiet yet fulfilling manner. Particularly enjoyed seeing how Etoile (or rather Estelle - I like that name more) is starting to realize that she's been blindly following brainwashing now that she actually interacts with Parsians outside of battle. That moment when she teared up holding the newborn got me - that this is the weight of a life when it begins and perhaps this was the turning point for her character.

Arslan Senki is easily my favorite pick from the spring season and even reigned supreme throughout the summer. It had my attention right from the get go and turned into a grand experience. Epic battles, high tension, and always a reason to dig into the next episode. I think what got to me the most, however, was the portrayal of the clash of ideologies. It's haunting to think that despite how cartoonish and exaggerated the radicalism of the Lusitanians may seem, that these people have existed throughout history and do exist even today. Look no further than the Middle Eastern terrorist groups to find intolerant butchers like Bodin or brainwashed youths possessed by blind irrational hatred such as Estelle. It was simple, but it was spot on.

9/10, once again I can only pray (but not to Yaldabaoth) for a sequel.
Sep 28, 2015 1:50 AM

Oct 2011
I think Etoile will definitely warm up to the Parsians eventually. Cute moment when she held the baby. Her chemistry with Arslan is also getting better.

Calm, but satisfying end. Really hope to see a second season.
Sep 28, 2015 3:03 AM

Nov 2014
Etoile can't decide to appreciate or hate, I bet it is not easy for her given the numerous meetings with Arslan before XD.

I really enjoyed the series. Solid 8/10 for me.
Beautiful and colourful characters, but I miss Gieve, he was the best.
Sep 28, 2015 3:29 AM
Jan 2013
Nice ending fr the anime, I guess...

Is it weird that I want another season of this? There are also some things left unanswered...

The announcement for second season for Nanatsu no Taizai can only tell me the arc will end in 40-50 chapter-ish -_-
Sep 28, 2015 5:30 AM

Apr 2014
I feel like this was the strongest episode of the whole series...
I say "I'm speechless" to tell you I want to say something though am not sure how...
Sep 28, 2015 5:54 AM

Apr 2014
Can someone tell me when/where I can get that moving/epic funeral song?! Please and thank you!
I say "I'm speechless" to tell you I want to say something though am not sure how...
Sep 28, 2015 6:25 AM

Oct 2012
Open ending. which is really good for s2 possibilities...

Sep 28, 2015 6:32 AM

Apr 2014
Okay this anime series was undoubtedly a good one. I enjoyed watching and I gotta admit, I liked it. Despite it's made by shitty Studio LIDENFILMS
Anyway I'll rate a 8 out of 10 score overall. I won't mind a sequel/season 2, If they plan to make one.
And please not LIDENFILMS ever again! Because I still hate that horribly fucking studio!
Haters always gonna hate.
Sep 28, 2015 7:21 AM

Jun 2009
Oh I really love Etoile and Arslan interactions, theyre so cute. Overall, very good anime! I might go through the manga tho I'm really interested to see what happens next.

Sep 28, 2015 7:35 AM

Dec 2013
Argh, it's a bit of a shame seeing how fucking beautifully done was the scene with the respects for Lusitania's dead ones and that song while most of the episodes before were mediocrities to the very core.

That Brothers' arc is a huge zit on the whole show, I just don't feel like it added anything to the overall story that much, sure it wasn't a complete useless side track, but honestly, instead of that arc I would have dedicated those episodes to something is actually interesting and intriguing, like Arslan's mother, the dark sorcery, more info and exploration on Farangis' origins, Djinns, and so on.

Other than that, very solid show, I enjoyed vastly watching this these past 6 months and it's definitely my favorite of Spring 2015. Sad that the show decided to stick to painful mediocrities like glue in the second half, the first half was so much better and really promising. Oh well.

7/10
Sep 28, 2015 7:54 AM

May 2013
Nice ending. 7/10 would watch S2 if theres one (hopefully)
The world shall know the truth soon.
Sep 28, 2015 8:19 AM

Aug 2010
Etoile was actually really cute <3

8/10 for this series. Was fun
Sep 28, 2015 8:31 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Wait this show finished when Arslan and his forces were about to attack Echbatana? This show definitely needs sequel or movie. I need to see Andragoras's face when his weak son could restore Pars to its former glory.

Btw this series is pretty good overall, really enjoyable and entertaining

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Sep 28, 2015 8:42 AM

Mar 2015
This anime has been amazing. And Etoile is very Kawaii *---*

I hope a 2º season, please!!!!
Sep 28, 2015 8:51 AM

Sep 2014
Alright ending to an average Anime. What started out promising just descended into mediocrity fast. After the half-way point, I just stopped caring for this Anime, so yeah. 5/10, don't care if there isn't a second season.
Sep 28, 2015 9:15 AM

Oct 2013
The throne has no will of it’s own.
That is how I think of it.
Depending on who sit’s on it, it can be the seat of justice or it can be the seat of inhuman cruelty.
As long as it is a man and not a god doing the governing, he can never be perfect.
But should he neglect efforts to reach for perfection, a king will surely tumble down the slippery slope towards evil with no one around to stop him.

Farangis’s speech was definitely the highlight of this ep. And while that can be applied to everyone, it’s much more important for a king, or someone in a powerful position. Power can corrupt after all. Thought I don’t know about the gods being perfect there Farangis. If we go into mythology a bit, those gods were as faulty as any king, if not more in some cases.(Ares, the god of war, for instance, would basically be the god version of Andragoras :P). But great speech regardless.

This was such a great ending, and it came off as much needed healing for me who just watched Gangsta’s “ending” before this.

I think it’s safe to say that the biggest downside of the series was Narsus absolutely wrecking the opposition with little-to-no effort. I understand that Arslan is still young and Pars’ was in no condition to fail, but I still wish we would’ve seen Narsus struggle a bit sometimes, even if we’d still win in the end.

But overall, it was an enjoyable journey, one that maybe one day we’ll see the continuation of. A solid 8/10 from me.
Sep 28, 2015 9:19 AM

Jun 2012
Not a bad ending. I'm glad it went out on a high and hopeful note.

Overall, Arslan Senki was not as great as I was expecting but I did enjoy it. I'd like another season eventually but I can live if there never is one.

8/10 (was expecting to score it higher)
N☆ 

Sep 28, 2015 12:00 PM

Jun 2014
Gieve & Daryun best characters for me! :D
I hope we will get another season soon it was a fun ride!
8/10
Sep 28, 2015 2:45 PM

Aug 2012
It was a great ending for this season! I´m pretty sure we can have a second one, but since it´s not only based on the novels, but also on Arakawa´s manga version, it may take some time. But I guess it´s worth the wait.

I´m SO glad Étoile made out alive. Well, I knew Arslan wouldn´t kill her, but who knows, could be accidental or something. Plus, I swear I expected a kiss when they were behind that cart XD Damn, they make such a cute couple.

I wonder how many people have perished in this anime...
"Could you not talk with me? I'm busy breathing."
Sep 28, 2015 4:36 PM

Dec 2008
This ending was just as anticlimactic as the OVA. *sigh* It really needs a 2nd season.
Sep 28, 2015 6:52 PM

Jan 2011
even with some slow episodes here and there and the animation not looking so hot too these last few episode got really good shame it ended here this story is yet to be complete! need a season 2 real bad

7.8 seems about right
Sep 28, 2015 7:27 PM

Dec 2014
It seems like everyone but me liked this anime lol. I thought it was pretty boring throughout and it never really grabbed my interest. Even though I didn't like this show I did like this final episode. Makes me wish the rest of the show was this good. If it does get a second season I'm not going to watch it, at least that's what I say now but I'm a masochist and I'll probably continue to watch a show I don't enjoy.

4/10
Sep 28, 2015 7:41 PM

Oct 2014
2nd season when
I need it NOW!!!
Sep 28, 2015 9:04 PM

Jul 2013
EeveeAndFriends said:
Beautiful end for a beautiful anime. I hope there will be a 2. season.

+1
__
overall 7.5/10
_AkiSep 28, 2015 9:10 PM
Sep 28, 2015 10:27 PM
Jul 2014
The last episode of this just screams for a second season. I'll be looking forward to that.

And the song during the prayer was great.
Sep 29, 2015 7:29 AM

Nov 2010
An overload of Etoille/Estelle for a finale
I liked the conversation between Arslan and her at the holding cell

Although I've enjoyed the first half of this I would prefer a third season of Silver Spoon if that would ever be made
Sep 29, 2015 12:42 PM

Jul 2009
I loved it! I want more for sure, Etoile being all mad but accepting the food was kinda sweet, OMG their couple vibe it's so good, I want to see them together! especially after she was with the baby, I got myself thinking that it would be sweet if she had a kid with Arslan. 8/10
Sep 29, 2015 2:54 PM
Sep 2015
Can anyone tell me the name of that beautiful short piece of music that starts playing just as Arslan releases Etoile (around 11:19 for reference) from prison. It plays during the prayer for the dead, and is breath-takingly beautiful. I must know the name. I have to know who sang it.

Yes - I created an account just to ask. It is that beautiful to me.
Sep 30, 2015 12:45 AM

Oct 2011
Season 2 NOW!!!!
Sep 30, 2015 4:48 AM
Jul 2018
I really hope to see a second season of this some day, it was an awesome series and I'm really interested to know the reason the Emperor's brother agreed to hand off the throne to Hermes that quickly.
Sep 30, 2015 4:32 PM
Mar 2014
All of my fucking yes.
The last 3 episodes were all amazing. A solid 8/10 for me.
Rinth said:
Every opinion is not equal. Some opinions are simply made out of shit.

nasuverse > your favorite anime
Sep 30, 2015 10:24 PM

Nov 2012
Pretty good final episode, hopefully there will be more to at least wrap up the whole take back the kingdom thing , find out Arslan's real origin is, and explain a few other unresolved threads from this season..

Well that was a quite solid anime for me, but nothing crazy extraordinary hmm I enjoyed most of the main cast of the characters , the plot was fairly simple generally speaking but executed well with an interesting twist in learning Hermes' background. Arslan did get on my nerves a few times with a few very stupid naive actions , but he does paint a pretty cool contrast to a lot of the other rulers in this anime who seem to be so hell bent on honor , tradition, blindly sticking to religion/established norms and whatnot. I actually liked the situation with Sindria..

I'll go with 7/10..

Oh and that end card for this episode with the adragoras , hermes, and arslan was pretty bad ass. I thought it was interesting that Andragoras seems to be breaking out of his chains in that drawing, maybe he'll play a somewhat significant role in the next season.
midnightbladeSep 30, 2015 10:37 PM
Oct 1, 2015 6:12 AM

Jun 2009
3/10
awful animation and the story close to the retard level. (fucking deceived by MAL rating!)
IZUMI64Oct 1, 2015 6:21 AM
Oct 1, 2015 7:05 AM

Nov 2011
The first half of the show was very good, the 2nd was not.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Arslan Senki (TV) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 14, 2015

102 by Fortress_Maximus »»
Mar 4, 5:03 PM

Poll: » Arslan Senki (TV) Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 7, 2015

84 by Fortress_Maximus »»
Mar 1, 3:00 PM

Poll: » Arslan Senki (TV) Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 31, 2015

118 by Fortress_Maximus »»
Feb 24, 9:28 AM

Poll: » Arslan Senki (TV) Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2015

109 by Fortress_Maximus »»
Feb 11, 3:10 PM

Poll: » Arslan Senki (TV) Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 17, 2015

115 by Fortress_Maximus »»
Feb 9, 1:07 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.