Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (18) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Sep 26, 2015 4:26 PM

Dec 2013
LOL THIS ENDING
Aside from this plunder ability being a big deus ex machina, what's the point of this show? Srsly, I don't know what it was trying to convey. He took all the abilities and they lived happily ever after (aside from losing the memories). toplel, life doesn't work like this
Wasn't a boring show but this ending drops it from a 5 to a 4.
Sep 26, 2015 4:32 PM
May 2011
Ok... so here is what I think they should have done. Granted I wasn't displeased with episode 13 but all of the character development was done in such a slow fashion I think it only proper that the conclusion to the problem be done slowly as well.

Now I know most of the stuff that I wrote was already implied in episode 13, but I don't really like to imagine the stuff that people do in Anime, I'd rather see it as it was happening and enjoy it on mah TV.

Overall though it was a nice Anime, not the best but certainly not the worst I've seen.
I like board games.
I watch Anime.
Used to be hardcore mmorpg:er.
Now guess why I chose this username.
Sep 26, 2015 4:43 PM

Oct 2013
Honestly, it was a good finale considering what they had to work with. It would've been great if this episode was given a 3-4 episode span instead, because I genuinely found his "adventure" and the way he confronted the world interesting. His two moments of collapse were very moving despite only given a minute to develop. Again, the utterly ridiculous pacing really bowls this show over. Literally every single problem with this show is because of its pacing.

I also like that the ending is more bittersweet than it is happy; Key doesn't really do well with "happy" endings. Sure, Yuu lived, but his life and mind were torn to shreds, as what would be expected after what he had to endure.

Regardless, I really enjoyed this show. It has some tremendous problems, but its story and characters had a good foundation and I very much like how it developed. That's why I sincerely hope this gets a visual novel rework, where those elements can be fleshed out properly.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Sep 26, 2015 4:45 PM

Aug 2012
This is what happens when Jun is too inspired by Terra route. Just tried to do way too much with this series in too little time.
Sep 26, 2015 4:46 PM

Mar 2008
8.03/10 really ?? people really??? 6/10
Sep 26, 2015 4:47 PM

May 2012
I give this anime a D. D for disappointment.
Go ***k yourself.

Polite as usual,
lightXTC
Sep 26, 2015 4:49 PM

Dec 2014
How did this manage to end so poorly? I've never seen such a promising show turn to such shit so fast. Wow, I'm in aww with how horrible this anime turned out to be. Maybe it could've been better if it was two cours? They would've had to rewrite almost everything in order for it to not be terrible. But that's in the what if world were this would've been two cours and this is the real world were it was a steaming pile of shit. I regret watching this.

2/10
Sep 26, 2015 4:52 PM
Sep 2015
Hazuk4shii said:
LOL THIS ENDING
Aside from this plunder ability being a big deus ex machina, what's the point of this show? Srsly, I don't know what it was trying to convey. He took all the abilities and they lived happily ever after (aside from losing the memories). toplel, life doesn't work like this
Wasn't a boring show but this ending drops it from a 5 to a 4.

It might have been something about the way they changed time and the world several times and lost their memories and went through all that stuff but each time they ended up all in looove.
Sep 26, 2015 4:54 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
The final ability was the power of courage ?
Suddenly his older brother and a fuckin helicopter arrives right in time before he dies ?
Traveling around the world and all that stuff happening in 1 episode ?
Damn ...
This episode could have been great if it wasnt only 1 episode...
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Sep 26, 2015 4:55 PM

Jul 2015
the ending did feel rushed
Sep 26, 2015 4:57 PM
Jun 2015
This show was had a giant plot twist but it still was good and damn yuu was so fucking badass this episode like holy shit. I was so sad when he lost his memory and stuff and ugh i loved it

https://38.media.tumblr.com/cb4e93ed27362a50a1ebf2f9f2cd0e70/tumblr_nvatsl6dGF1u4osw6o1_540.gif

https://33.media.tumblr.com/7e8174fc088c3741533dba812ebcda24/tumblr_nvan6siyMk1rxe51eo1_540.gif
Sep 26, 2015 4:59 PM
Sep 2015
This guy explains it pretty well

If you think deeper, the "plot holes" aren't plot holes anymore. Use your brains.
Sep 26, 2015 4:59 PM

Dec 2010
Lel @ Shunsuke showing up right at the moment. Also, fuck the romance in this anime. Why the hell would you love someone after he does something good. Talk about conditional love.

This show had too many plotholes and plot conveniences, not to mention the unneeded characters who spring up only when they're needed for humor but disappear during serious situations, that makes it impossible for me to fully enjoy. Humor was terrible too.

Also, Maeda plz, stop the weed, k?

Final score: 5/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 26, 2015 5:02 PM

Sep 2013
This was rushed as shit. I don't really like the ending.

Also, did anyone else notice that whoever made up the characters name, they fucked up when giving the females males names? Like one one of them their middle name was Jose(my name for god sakes) and the other one Ramon, wtf jaja

http://www.awesomescreenshot.com/image/610017/a787bea164fea9bdecaf4bfc5317bf5b
There's no magical spell to save someone's life.
Sep 26, 2015 5:03 PM
Mar 2011
HA !!! Called it....

sort of....

During the episode 12 discussion, I said

he was going to find a healing power
he would almost die
his injured eye would heal slowly, as he remember his friends, and open (so would travel to the past)

guess i got 2 of those 3 right

PS: Hated the ending --- not very Key like -- not enough WOW factor -- enjoyed it until right before he met his brother
Sep 26, 2015 5:04 PM

May 2013
Thats it? That was anti-climatic Maeda (at least Uchiyama tried to speak engrish and to see Philippines is awesome)

7/10 pretty much disappointed because I really think they could have done better.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Sep 26, 2015 5:10 PM
Dec 2010
10/10.. but then saw ending.. 8/10 i guess. overall fun and enjoyable series.. ending is rushed/terrible/and full of holes..

hole wouldve been fixed if they made it into a sad ending like yu died in the end..

but no.. its a happy ending.. but guess what? its full of holes.. his face was known to all.. he has a huge bounty on his head..
but thats it? its all forgotten? and overall rushed..

maybe if there is a second season it would be understandable.. but.. meh dont think therell be one..

i really enjoyed this series.. its just a shame it didnt end right.
Sep 26, 2015 5:21 PM

Nov 2012
forzsaken said:
10/10.. but then saw ending.. 8/10 i guess. overall fun and enjoyable series.. ending is rushed/terrible/and full of holes..

hole wouldve been fixed if they made it into a sad ending like yu died in the end..

but no.. its a happy ending.. but guess what? its full of holes.. his face was known to all.. he has a huge bounty on his head..
but thats it? its all forgotten? and overall rushed..

maybe if there is a second season it would be understandable.. but.. meh dont think therell be one..

i really enjoyed this series.. its just a shame it didnt end right.

This ending is what save this show for me. It may be rushed and full of holes, but still better than most shit Maeda has pulled throughout this show.

Let's be honest, the idea of the ending is good, fitting for a finale. A man struggle through an impossible battle, losing his mind in the process. Only the vague memories of his loved one can prevent him from self-destruction.

However, sadly, there's only one episode for this, hence the rush pacing and plot holes. Charlotte wasted too much time on useless episode that serves no purpose whatsoever, pulling convenient plot twists just to create some bad drama. And then, when there's actually a good idea, there's not enough time to do it. Such a shame.

Still, this episode got me to raise the rating from 5 to 6
Sep 26, 2015 5:23 PM

Sep 2015
Really disappointing ending :( expected a lot more
Sep 26, 2015 5:34 PM
Oct 2010
I think this show should have stayed as a comedic x-men, so many of the plot holes are created and world rules are thrown out the window in order to evoke the feels when they should have just kept it as a fun show with half baked super powers (anyone else realize how more and more of the powers stopped being half baked from about the middle? )
Sep 26, 2015 5:38 PM
Sep 2015
CookiesforKanata said:
This show was had a giant plot twist but it still was good and damn yuu was so fucking badass this episode like holy shit. I was so sad when he lost his memory and stuff and ugh i loved it

https://38.media.tumblr.com/cb4e93ed27362a50a1ebf2f9f2cd0e70/tumblr_nvatsl6dGF1u4osw6o1_540.gif

https://33.media.tumblr.com/7e8174fc088c3741533dba812ebcda24/tumblr_nvan6siyMk1rxe51eo1_540.gif

Charlotte 2: Reloaded
Sep 26, 2015 5:40 PM

Jan 2011
Lol this ending! so good! part with yuu just free falling pretty much sums up this final for me

but seriously this started off strong but the trainwreck kept going non stop! rushed is putting it simply.

Charlotte is the Guilty Crown of Key works must watch just for entertainment value :D 6.5-7/10
Oct 2010
kaindero said:
This guy explains it pretty well

If you think deeper, the "plot holes" aren't plot holes anymore. Use your brains.

He doesn't explain anything lmfao, he completely skims over the events of the plot and focuses on what the show MIGHT be going for overall.

Sep 2014
Well so much for charloette being better than angel beats eh jun? God damn sooooo many plot holes and some of the worst pacing and character development ive ever seen. I loved angel beats, was hyped for charloette for obvious reasons too fucking bad i guess. 4/10 jun should stick to vn's. Its gunna be hard for key to sell people on any future animes they do. Shame.
Sep 26, 2015 5:41 PM

Dec 2012
I was expecting great things from this anime since P.A. works was producing this, but I've been getting nothing but disappointment from this anime. The amount of plot holes and pointless drama with underdeveloped characters has changed my outlook from eagerly waiting each week for an episode to simply wishing the series would end sooner. As much as I hate giving low ratings, I simply can't rate this anime higher than a 5 or a 6.
Sep 26, 2015 5:42 PM

Aug 2015
katsu044 said:
Lol this ending! so good! part with yuu just free falling pretty much sums up this final for me

but seriously this started off strong but the trainwreck kept going non stop! rushed is putting it simply.

Charlotte is the Guilty Crown of Key works must watch just for entertainment value :D 6.5-7/10
Exactly what I think and what I wrote on my review
Sep 26, 2015 5:42 PM

Apr 2015
enviKwu said:
I simply can't rate this anime higher than a 5 or a 6.

That's average, though?
Sep 26, 2015 5:48 PM

Oct 2013
Meh was Ok 7/10 really enjoyed it except these last 2 episodes
[/quote]
Sep 26, 2015 5:51 PM

Dec 2014
animeotakusama said:
raveninthemuddle said:
A predictable and very painful end to a three-month long humiliation and frustration for almost everyone. I'd like to imagine that's what Jun Maeda's inner thoughts are after the boardcast; It's so painful! I've had enough of this! Why does it have to be me? It's so difficult. I'm tired. I don't wanna do this anymore. And you know what, if Jun Maeda is an anime character, he might as well be a whiny, mopey, unimaginative, callow, very unsophisticated, narrow-minded, inconsiderate, attention-seeking, talentless, deceptive, manipulative, insensitive, uncooperative and vengeful teenage boy who wields awesome power on a self-proclaimed crusade to save the world but ended up causing more miseries than before. Maybe the real Jun Maeda is not anything like that, and I'm now just steaming out the resentment I have from watching this monstrosity, but you are the architect of your creation, no matter how or what it fails it does tell something about yourself in one way or another.

Will get better after Angel Beats! ? "Let's forgive but do not forget." Now there's no forgive anymore.

if you don't like it, don't watch it, its as simple as that, kinda magical really, i mean i do that when i watch anime and so would any other normal person

Such one-dimensional thinking. As if you have to like to watch instead of watch to like. And don't tell me you are not smart enough to figure out maybe someone watching the same anime as you do for entirely different reason? How about you want to see how well it's gonna be because the people making got you interested (that's me)? How about it's made by a studio you like (me again)? And how about trying to stick to the end just to give yourself a complete picture of the whole thing because that's what people do (that's me again)? Do you ever finish one bad movie, or one book? I mean, people don't seem like getting the idea coming back every week to watch the anime they don't like but that's exactly the same behavior for any kind of medium with storytelling elements in it. It's a story, if you want to know it or experience it you sometimes have to finish it, whether you like it or not.

Now go see others' posts to learn what they're thinking, preferably not just on MAL, you have the Internet, stop being so narrow-minded.
Sep 26, 2015 5:56 PM

Dec 2010
So like, we got lots of filler at the start, then rushed fuck upness later? Maeda sucks ugh. Why did Sala Shane come? Naos brother? Man with super speed? Naos bullies? The fact that they leapt to save Ayumi not Pooh? So much filler at the start then so much plot later? Why didnt Yuu heal himself? Who were the scientists anyway? What about Shuns sight? Salas sight? Why were the foreigners in ep 11 so powerful? Why were people with powers working for them? The story feels like a disjointed mess. Shit. And the ending was so out of place. Charlotte was sos brutal at times, but hey, lets all live happy at the end okay? What about his memory? WHAT WHAT WHAT
"If you don't love anyone, it'll make your life easier. But, I don't want to believe it's useless to love anyone" - Hikari Sakishima
Sep 26, 2015 5:57 PM

Sep 2015
The ending was a bit rushed...
Still give it 9/10 key's works always never fail to amaze me😃😃

Lies are full
of endless possibilies.
Sep 26, 2015 6:04 PM

Sep 2015
I felt like the plot line for Charlotte was... quirky. Definitely quirky. Unique, certainly, but ineffective. The first few episodes (like 3-5ish, I forget the exact number) were all slice-of-life with little character and plot development. The bulk of the plot development was from that point on all the way until Episode 11/12, and because of that, I feel like Episode 13 was a little too rushed towards the end.

Based on the conclusion, I doubt there's going to be a Season 2 + the OVA is probably going to be either slapstick or something about Yuu's life after Episode 13, but probably the former.

6/10, which is still pretty good for me. Definitely enjoyed it! :)
I'm new, forgive me ;_;
Sep 26, 2015 6:18 PM
Jun 2014
Awesome anime in general with great action. But what the hell was up with that romantic development in this anime? There was never any real chemistry between them. Well, Yuu seemed a bit taken, even though he didn't understand why. Nao however looked to be more into his brother, full on blush when he complemented her. Then the show left us hanging on that bit until the very end. Holy shit how they screwed up that bit. But it was a good end nonetheless. Hopefully Yuu will regain his memories bit by bit. The ending was too happy to even call it bittersweet, even though his memories were gone.
Sep 26, 2015 6:21 PM

Jun 2010
I can't believe they honestly had him plunder the whole world over the course of 25 minutes. the ending was so forced, just like the rest of the second half of the show! no offense, but I don't understand how you could enjoy this show, it was so devoid of substance. like there were just way too many flaws to look past. yikes! at least nao was cool.
Sep 26, 2015 6:23 PM

Jul 2014
The ending was indeed a bit rushed but I was kinda expecting that especially if they were planning to end it all in one episode. I quite liked it though so 8/10.
Sep 26, 2015 6:26 PM
Sep 2013
bdsbff said:
How did this manage to end so poorly? I've never seen such a promising show turn to such shit so fast. Wow, I'm in aww with how horrible this anime turned out to be. Maybe it could've been better if it was two cours? They would've had to rewrite almost everything in order for it to not be terrible. But that's in the what if world were this would've been two cours and this is the real world were it was a steaming pile of shit. I regret watching this.

2/10

Agree with you on this. I remember how much I enjoyed the first episode and was expecting greater things to come, but then the series just got worse as it went on and this ending just bombed it completely.

The message I got from this series was "Oh are these people being discriminated against and treated like guinea pigs? No problem we'll solve this by getting rid of them!!"

What's even more disappointing is there wasn't even a proper antagonist in this series and in a series like this I consider it bad writing as I generally like to see things from their perspectives as well, which isn't possible to do in Charlotte.

This show went from "cool" to "meh" to- "rubbish".

Overall 3/10
Sep 26, 2015 6:26 PM

Apr 2014
rsc-pl said:
9/10 for me. Why? I wrote about it in pervious threads.
NAO IS LOVE.

Sep 26, 2015 6:35 PM
Custom Title

Jul 2009
I actually enjoyed this episode a whole lot. Surprised to see all the negativity too. :(
Sep 26, 2015 6:49 PM

Aug 2010
I had this Hakomari vibe the entire episode. I liked it.
Sep 26, 2015 6:52 PM

Dec 2014
Overall the anime was pretty good, although pacing can be a bit fast, but still enjoyable. Glab no one died.

Join reddit r/anime community!
Sep 26, 2015 6:59 PM

Jan 2013
Super impressive Yuu pulled that off. It could have easily been written so he died anywhere along the way. Though to big of a coincidence that his powers gave out right after the last one. Also how long did that take?

Good ending though, fit a lot into one episode and it mostly worked.
Sep 26, 2015 7:02 PM

Nov 2010
Well, that was a shit ending, if I ever way one. They compressed what should have been 12 eps in just one, and they did a very,very poor job at that. It almost makes me wanna drop this to a 6 rather than a 7, but because it has some moments that I really enjoyed, i`ll let it slide and forget that ep 13 of Charlotte ever existed.
Sep 26, 2015 7:06 PM

Sep 2015
Another fucking of anime, with a shitty character who acts as pet and is obsessed by his master.
The character of shit, throws away the his life and his own will, to be become a retarded, which is obsessed with fucking teachings and ideals of his master.
Again a fucking benefactor who saved his life when was child, more the fucking torture and bullying shit, all over again.
The lack of creativity is frightening, copying one or other.
but this time we did not have many complaints or hatred because the character in question was a waifushit with retarded facial expressions.

Count Nao Saazbaum Tomori Troyard
Princess Shunsuke Vers Otosaka Allusia

ReinhildeReinkaSep 26, 2015 7:47 PM
[center]/[center]
Sep 26, 2015 7:23 PM

Jan 2012
Probably one of the worst series I've watched in awhile.

3/10

At least it ended so that's a plus, So many worthy series that deserve sequels, and this is not one of them.
Sep 26, 2015 7:24 PM
Jul 2015
The first half of the show, like a lot of other people have said, I feel was much better than the second half. They totally rushed the show-mostly in the second half. Ending was anti-climatic to be honest, but I enjoyed Charlotte overall.
Sep 26, 2015 7:25 PM

May 2010
What xD

It was like, literally, THE most pointless anime ever made. I don't know how can something like TV series be 'pointless', but it totally was.

Gee, everything could have not happened at all and it would be still the same. One thing is being predictable, but when you can't even make it enjoyable at the same time it's just really bad. More rant later, for now I don't even know what else is there to say.

Tl;dr: comedy sucked, plot sucked, characters and their development -> xD, no point to the half of episodes, terrible, episodic storytelling, no point in having Yusa and Sala other that for selling more CDs

Quo vadis, Maeda?
Sep 26, 2015 7:26 PM

Jan 2011
Don't give a shit what anyone says, I had fun watching this.
Sep 26, 2015 7:36 PM

Apr 2013
Dat moment when they sub "Singapore" wrongly as Shisogapo, lmao
Sep 26, 2015 7:36 PM

Jul 2015
Rewatched it. I didn't see many problems with this episode, BESIDES four things:

-The pacing.
-I wanted to see more about Yuu's journey. Some episodes about that would be really cool.
-It needs more episodes, or another season. IS NECESSARY.
-It was a little weak, but I got what I wanted: Feels.

Anyway, good series for beginners. The idea was nice, but wasn't well developed. It was entertaining to see the powers, Yuu stealing' em all, and the story overall. But it was too much information for a 13 episodes series. Did I say that Charlotte NEEDS MORE EPISODES? And there were characters that didn't receive development at all. And the pacing is still a problem.
7/10, maybe 8/10, I don't know. Going to rewatch everything later.
Sep 26, 2015 7:54 PM
Jul 2015
The last episode is okay but our hero dose not remember his girlfriend unfortunately. haha but it is ok. the love is not real thing actually.
Pages (18) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Charlotte Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 12, 2015

898 by Nuikorakabiri »»
May 6, 11:40 AM

Poll: » Charlotte Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 15, 2015

859 by Boomfus »»
May 2, 1:52 PM

» Yuu's Ability

PenguinLam - Apr 18

30 by Thatboidriz »»
Apr 30, 5:04 PM

Poll: » Charlotte Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 29, 2015

649 by MsBorsh »»
Apr 21, 11:49 AM

Poll: » Charlotte Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Sakaitsu - Jul 4, 2015

652 by MsBorsh »»
Apr 21, 4:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.