Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 24, 2015 9:28 AM

Jul 2010
I really felt the story lacked substance, not many things happened other then introducing the cast and some of the gadgets being used.

As much as the silliness from the damashigami, and the other "villains", while enjoyable, it almost became filler-like to the point where things were starting to be ineffective due to the repetitive nature of the so called problems and issues.

Like how at the moment the damashigami is the main antagonist, things are just a routine for Rinne, and the big boss (Rinne's dad) manages to get away every single time. I just can't imagine how I would be satisfied with the damashigami organization being shut down, either by force or from mutual understanding.

Whilst the "clown-like" episode has it charms, it definitely brings the faults too. I'll watch the second season, as this was entertaining , but I can't reiterate enough in a sense.

Sakura feeling lonely, that's a start.

All in all a good show, despite my rant. Some good laughs every now and there. Can't help but to compare this to Inuyasha, though, which in itself brings a cycle of negativity T.T Ohh, negativity... Begone!
Sep 24, 2015 10:49 AM

Sep 2015
The idea of the candy was interesting, but since I already knew from news reports that there would be a second season of the series, it lessened this aspect because I already knew that she would be returning to seeing spirits one way or another. But it was fun seeing Sakura being oblivious to all of the evil spirits targeting her, though. The running gag of Tamako rubbing Rinne's temples whenever he called her grandma got old really fast.

At this point, I might be willing to watch the second season when it launches in Spring 2016. It's just going to depend on what else is coming out then and whether or not I can fit it into my schedule.
ljaesch1Sep 24, 2015 10:56 AM
Sep 24, 2015 11:42 AM

Apr 2014
What can I say? It feel so random now.
Well, even if there is a second season, I will have to pass.
Start off good, but later on just not so good.
Go from 8/10 to 6/10
Sep 24, 2015 1:06 PM

Jul 2009
This last episode kinda reminds me of the good 1st episodes of this series, but it turned on kinda boring, I hated Rinne's dad arc so much and after that Kain's arc was not so good either, I will pass the 2nd season, I am actually mad that this got a 25 episodes show and got a 2nd season while other good animes didn't... 6/10
Sep 25, 2015 3:39 AM

May 2010
This episode wasn't bad... But what good does it do when we have like 13 (or something) mediocre episodes. Shame, it could be so good... I like it more when there's some genuine romance hints. Also, some fresh comedy. At its worst, it is just repetitiveness at its peak.

5/10. I am out (unless the S2 is like really, really good)
Sep 26, 2015 2:14 AM
Nov 2010
This anime had no plot, but its characters were fun and the humor was pretty unique. I also found the art style and the production decent.
Sep 26, 2015 5:59 AM

Feb 2012
Yup, I'm not coming back for a season 2. It started off enjoyable, then bearable, then just rapidly went downhill. Dull characters, no plot, boring overall as a series. 4/10
jbeatSep 26, 2015 6:03 AM
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
Sep 26, 2015 6:51 AM
Mar 2012
Another good episode without Rinnes dad.

babymilo91 said:
I like how they announced a second season of this.
I agree. That was nice.
Sep 26, 2015 6:53 AM
Apr 2014
lol that announcement at the end. Really well done. Was Hoping for more of this so I'm totally relieved we got to hear an announcement so soon :D
Sep 26, 2015 8:52 AM

Apr 2014
Well that's a good way to end this season. And I somehow enjoyed watching this whole season.
I might watch the Season 2 next year. But for the meantime I need to catch up with the manga.
Anyway, I'll rate this anime a 7 out of 10 score overall.
Haters always gonna hate.
Sep 26, 2015 9:13 AM

Nov 2011
wtf man not enough of Masato and Sabato
ESPECIALLY MASATO

AND HE TAKES UP QUITE SOME SPACE ON THE FUCKING COVER

too much fucking boring
almost every ep is about a random character who won't even appear ever again

SHIT

WHY WAS THIS SO GODDAMN BORING
IT'S RUMIKO
IT SHOULDN'T HAVE BEEN
Sep 26, 2015 11:25 AM
Mar 2010
Nice end to the season. The show has its ups and downs but I'd give it a 7/10. Looking forward to season 2!
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Sep 27, 2015 1:12 AM

Jun 2013
Whoa. I totally didn't expect there to be a second season. I didn't think it was that successful of an adaptation. I'm still currently reading the manga.
臭い-
Sep 27, 2015 5:43 AM

Jan 2011
They thought Rinne had a Mamiya Sakura sex doll.

Nonchalant even when a second season is announced.
Sep 27, 2015 6:53 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
LMAO that has to be the best season 2 announcement ever.

The first half was very damn good, but it really fell flat in the second half to the point where it got boring. There were like 3-4 really good episodes in the second half, but that's about it. Season 2, i will obviously watch though.

6/10
Sep 27, 2015 3:52 PM

Nov 2012
Overall, this anime was a breathe of fresh air, considering all the pure shit animes I had to trug thru to get to this one.

It was very enjoyable and easily one of the best animes of Spring 2015. The first 12-13 episodes were easily a 9 for me, then the latter episodes brought it down to an 8. And the reason for this was simple: Mamiya Sakura.

The charm this anime had was enough to carry it for the first cour (if you will) but the character of Sakura started to get irritating and she alone dragged everyone else down. The no emotions, no reactions bit just stopped working as it did at the start. What I wanted was more emotion, more emphasis on the romance, Sakura actually having some character...., at one point, I started questioning if this was really a shounen and not a shoujo.

My greatest fear for Rinne and its 2nd season is simply this, how long will the charm of the other characters and the story in general last and will it be enough to maintain this being a good story...., the potential is definitely there and one key factor is that the romance needs to take center stage more.

All in all tho, for what it was Rinne was great, I totally enjoyed it and can see myself rewatching it all a couple times. Looking forward to season 2 and the great adventures to follow.

Rating: 8/10
Sep 30, 2015 12:44 AM

Nov 2014
I loved the way they announced a second season at the end. I was a little sad the series ended, and then that letter at the end just made me laugh xD

This was such a cute series and it was fun to look forward to every week.
Oct 2, 2015 8:55 PM

Apr 2011
damn a second season, I guess it's really popular in japan.
Oct 4, 2015 4:19 AM
Aug 2014
how come this show is popular enough to get a second season yet there's no signs for any doujin. I think I've been watching a children show then.
Oct 7, 2015 4:06 PM

Sep 2011
I wish there were more episodes of the series like this where it wasnt all just comedy, it was a really adorable episode for me and it really beats the kind of tiresome jokes about everyone failed attempts at pursuing a relationship.

hithummah said:
how come this show is popular enough to get a second season yet there's no signs for any doujin. I think I've been watching a children show then.
Well NHK is basically the japanese equivalent of PBS, so you have been watching a kids show.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Oct 7, 2015 5:22 PM

Aug 2012
Notice Samara from Ring crawling out of the well, nice spoof :)

I'm so happy it's getting a second season.
Oct 7, 2015 11:03 PM

Dec 2012
All Rokudou had to do was take the cloak off if he wanted to see her. He also missed his chance to get a peek up her skirt. smh

Why have the real Mamiya Sakura when you can have a sex doll. lol

See you next season, legendary no facial expression Mamiya Sakura.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Oct 27, 2015 9:13 AM
Oct 2011
overall score: 6/10

After they introduced the characters they didn't have any screen time for 10eps. Especially Masato and Tamako were left out really hard. I can sort of understand why though, Juumonji kind of fills Masatos role. There wasn't also nearly enough focus on places itself and no major plot.
Oct 31, 2015 10:41 PM

Jul 2009
Jojo_Shinobi said:
No matter what'l happen I still don't like

LOL are we supposed to like them? They suck.

Tamako is almost as bad as Rinne's dad. Like give the boy his money!
Nov 3, 2015 9:22 AM

Sep 2008
This episode: 7/10

I like random episodes like this. The comedy is similar to Ranma, and the main protagonist's characters are quite unique (from animes I've watched so far) that's why I totally dig this anime. I'm glad there's season 2. With season 1 over, I'm gonna go read the rest of the manga; can't wait for spring 2016.
Live the life that you love, Love the life that you live...
We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world. - The Buddha
Nov 12, 2015 8:35 PM

May 2014
Haha, the request letter lol. Didn't expect that coming xD
Feb 14, 2016 8:37 AM

Jun 2011
Good to have season 2 announced. Like the others, I love how they did the announcement too, I also like Rinne and Sakura's reaction towards that.

This season so far has been a hit or miss for me, some episodes were really boring and felt really stagnant (fillerish), while others were enjoyable. The lack of proper character development, romance development, and keeping everything the same feel like they were done in order to drag out this comedy series, which is a shame because if done right, this could be a really good rom/com. The soundtrack is also pretty meh overall.

One thing I really like about the series is how it doesn't take itself too seriously, which make the series more enjoyable to watch imo. Hoping for the best of season 2.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Apr 27, 2016 4:12 AM

Nov 2014
Awesome anime. Well it had a good start, I'll definitely follow season 2 (now airing)

Overall: 8/10

May 1, 2016 2:12 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
It was an okay series I guess. Really inconsistent in terms of comedy, and it really started to fall apart in its second half. But the characters were likable and at times, it was really funny. On to season 2!

6/10
May 11, 2016 10:26 AM

Jan 2013
surprised this has such a low rating.

It's possibly the only anime under a score of 7/10 that I genuinely like. First few eps were pretty boring, but it slowly grew on me. Love how a lot of the comedy revolved around rinne being poor. The romantic comedy was hilarious as well.

8-9/10
Jul 30, 2017 12:37 AM

Jul 2017
Well I enjoyed it pretty much, but what I'd like to know is "Where is dat so called romance dude?"

Season 2, I'm coming!
Aug 17, 2018 12:23 PM

Feb 2013
Sakura couldn't see any spirits this episode, kinda sad for Rinne who had to protect her but it all ended nicely with that bentou.
Apr 8, 2023 8:43 AM

Jan 2018
This was a good season finale. Glad it focused on the relationship between Sakura and Rinne. And also the main plot point of Sakura being able to see ghosts.

My overall thoughts about this anime: I think it had a strong beginning but kinda fell flat about halfway through.

This felt like an experimental series from Rumiko Takahashi. Her last work before RINNE was Inuyasha which is still the longest series she has ever written. I'm guessing it exhausted her and she wanted to write comedy again.

But instead of just doing what she did with Urusei Yatsura and Ranma 1/2 again, she did it a bit differently, with more "dry" humor instead of her usual exaggerated slapstick.

And I like it. And I probably would've loved it if I was reading the manga. I didn't read the manga but I feel like the anime adaptation completely fails at adapting the manga's comedy into anime.

Manga and anime are different mediums and it felt like this anime did almost nothing to take advantage of the anime medium to retell Takahashi's story.

It just feels like a lazy, run-of-the-mill anime adaptation that fails to deliver and execute the comedy in an interesting way.

It seems like the original Urusei Yatsura from 1981 is still the gold standard when it comes to adapting Rumiko Takahashi's comedy into animation.

Another thing is, the main character Sakura Mamiya is a meek girl. While I like her a lot, most young anime watchers don't really like these sorts of female characters which impacts the popularity of the series outside Japan.

That being said, it blows my mind that THIS show was considered mediocre back in 2015. This implies anime has been going downhill since then if not from before. Something that you can observe when you look at most seasonal anime these days.

Anyways, I hope Season 2 is better. With better animation and with better direction. I think it's a good series but if I were to compare it with other main Rumiko Takahashi series I'd probably put it at the bottom.
0451Apr 8, 2023 10:18 AM
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kyoukai no Rinne (TV) Episode 24 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 12, 2015

29 by 0451 »»
Apr 7, 2023 10:33 AM

Poll: » Kyoukai no Rinne (TV) Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 5, 2015

29 by 0451 »»
Apr 7, 2023 9:36 AM

Poll: » Kyoukai no Rinne (TV) Episode 22 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 29, 2015

27 by 0451 »»
Apr 4, 2023 12:48 AM

Poll: » Kyoukai no Rinne (TV) Episode 21 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 22, 2015

26 by 0451 »»
Apr 2, 2023 11:30 AM

Poll: » Kyoukai no Rinne (TV) Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - May 2, 2015

47 by VictorBassani »»
Mar 29, 2023 10:28 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.