Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 19, 2015 1:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Tamako is such a funny character in this series tbh.

The Season 1 finale had the usual spirits stuff although more than usual. Gotta love how Rinne just jumps right into the action:

Overall a funny show. Quite underrated imo but I enjoyed it.
7/10. Hope Season 2 will be even better.
Sep 19, 2015 2:27 AM

Nov 2007
Grandma trying to solve the main girl's problem with seeing the soul because it's her fault by giving tryout. At the same time, competition for evil souls to attack the first humans who gazed the well (who happens to be her), and it seems to be working because she doesn't know she gets targetted. Only Tsubasa, another candidate to be able to see the souls, knows the situation.

Dolls made for main girl helped in defeating some of them. Sort of lonely battle continues. That final soul looks like he's from Ranma 1/2. She eventually returned those candies and made bento to thank him.

So many "no grandma" attacks in one ep. including OP. And thought so, Kakkii voiced one of those evil souls in the competition this ep. besides Masato. ED ends with the main four saying bye bye and first season ending with reading the content to the request box.

I cannot wait for 2nd season next Spring.
tsubasaloverSep 19, 2015 2:30 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Sep 20, 2015 9:48 PM

May 2015
No matter what'l happen I still don't like

Ecchi Desu

Sep 22, 2015 12:35 AM
May 2015
Awwww, wtf is taking the subs soooo long?!
Sep 23, 2015 1:41 AM

Jul 2008
Aw with this Rinne's first season is over. I'm so glad that NHK green-lit Rinne a second season. Now if only they could do it again for Baby Steps 3.

I loved this show and am surprised at how underrated it was. Loved the ending bit with the NHK letter to Rinne and Sakura. Oh well I'll see it again in six months. :)
Sep 23, 2015 2:29 AM

Aug 2014
Mamiya Sakura has some really bad friends. Well at least they didn't use her as a decoy. I didn't found the show that entertaining, but I will definetly see the next season. The characters have kinda grow to me.

Oh, pitiful shadow cloaked in darkness.
Thy actions cause men pain and suffering.
Thy hollow soul drowns in thy sins.
How would you like to see what death is like?
-Enma Ai
Sep 23, 2015 5:04 AM

Dec 2014
yes second season hoping for sakura and rinne relationship.......
Sep 23, 2015 5:05 AM

May 2013
I like how they announced a second season of this lol. I guess Sakura misses seeing spirits. Can't wait for the second seaon.
Sep 23, 2015 6:11 AM

Oct 2013
babymilo91 said:
I like how they announced a second season of this lol.

I really enjoyed the announcement bit at the end of the episode as well - had a good laugh from that.

It was a good final episode for the season. I see the second season starts spring next year, I'm looking forward to it.
Sep 23, 2015 6:15 AM

Oct 2012
Kinda good episode, though I have to say that Sakura had to be the most oblivious and light-minded character of this year (and not in a good way). At least she got "somehow" conscious of Rinne in the end (though it doesn't really mean anything in the long run).

btw - couldn't he just take off his haori instead? Logic I guess.

Anyway, this series was pretty bad after all. Unlikeable characters were reason number one. There were some good episodes (it was actually those ones when they were dealing with people's requests) but they were so few it doesn't justify this series. It was boring and childish most of the time quite opposite of clever slapstick humour of Ranma 1/2 for instance. And for narrator to explain just about everything that was pretty annyoing after some time.

So it's 4/10 for me in the end, this can't even compare with previous works or Rumiko Takahashi.
I really don't understand how this can get second season.
Sep 23, 2015 8:43 AM

Jul 2014
This was a series that started out pretty well, but it completely fell apart in the second half by becoming dull and repetitive and introducing lame and unlikable characters while also making the main cast lame and unlikable.

6/10, if only for that decent start. No chance in hell that I'll be watching season two of this.
Sep 23, 2015 8:47 AM

Dec 2011
It ended D: I'm glad it will have a 2nd season, though :p
But Rinne is so dumb sometimes. All he had to do was to just take his haori for a few minutes and he would be able to talk to Sakura xD

It was a nice show. :)
Sep 23, 2015 9:03 AM

Sep 2013
Welp that concludes the first season. It was really boring sometimes but not really that bad. A second season has already been announced which is kinda unexpected.
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Sep 23, 2015 9:49 AM

Jan 2015
I want that Decoy Doll too. >_<
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Sep 23, 2015 9:57 AM

Apr 2014
Season 2 confirmed 2016

Sep 23, 2015 10:10 AM
Jul 2018
Sakura misses seeing the spirits.

I'm looking forward to see season 2.
Sep 23, 2015 10:18 AM

Aug 2013
*Clap, Clap, Clap* was hoping for a second season then that last request came.
Sep 23, 2015 10:41 AM

Sep 2013
It was a good last ep.

8/10 - +1 for rumiko, -1 for that stupid rinne father gag
Sep 23, 2015 11:15 AM

Mar 2014
Great a second season
Sep 23, 2015 11:19 AM

Jun 2013
shit a second season
Sep 23, 2015 11:23 AM

Sep 2008
That announcement of second season *.*
Good job!

I liked it!

I thought episode with Sakura losing her powers to see ghosts
will be more dramatic...
Something like in Noragami...
But looks like this wasn't something special after all...
Maybe because this series is more comedy than drama.
Sep 23, 2015 11:54 AM

Nov 2007
*Sigh*
So, I had read the first volume of RINNE and loved it so much, and was very excited for it to be a anime, however, I found the series just.. ok.
Some parts I found funny, the rest was just an ok watch when you didn't want to concentrate too hard or think too much.
I really do like Sakura x Rokudou pairing though. Everything else seems like a nuisance.

5/10
Sep 23, 2015 12:38 PM

Feb 2011
10/10 for me. Yes I'm probably being much too biased towards it and all of Rumiko Takahashi's works for that matter (except Mermaid), but I seriously enjoyed every episode except one. It didn't make me laugh out or anything, but rather it puts a smile on my face. The manga does pretty much the same, so I'm definitely satisfied with this adaption.

Aside from episode 21, absolutely love it. Can't wait for season 2!
Sep 23, 2015 12:45 PM

May 2015
The series was pretty mundane overall. Yes, it had its moments, but they weren’t nearly enough, especially for a 25 episodes series. I doubt things will change that much next season either.

Anyway I might still give second season a chance, if I don’t forget about it by the time it airs. Spring 2016, isn’t it?

We ultimately fear what spawns from within us ~Shinsekai yori
Music is freedom. ~Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso
Sep 23, 2015 1:19 PM

Mar 2009
Despite a few dull episodes here and there, overall I enjoyed Rinne. The comedy worked for me, and there were some nice endearing moments. Also, I greatly sympathized with Rokudou's poverty-stricken life. Poor guy. At least he finally got a homemade lunch made by Sakura in the last episode.

Kain was annoying and dull. I hope we see less of him in the 2nd season.
Someone really needs to beat the crap out of Rokudou's dad in the 2nd season.
Ageha best girl.

See you in the spring. Thanks for the 2nd season, NHK!
Sep 23, 2015 1:51 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Mormegil said:
Despite a few dull episodes here and there, overall I enjoyed Rinne. The comedy worked for me, and there were some nice endearing moments. Also, I greatly sympathized with Rokudou's poverty-stricken life. Poor guy. At least he finally got a homemade lunch made by Sakura in the last episode.

I agree :) Although the characters have been pretty static throughout the series, I still came to like Rinne and Sakura a lot, probably because of their nonchalant attitudes/expressions. I liked the comedy as well, I usually got a chuckle or two out of every episode.

But I didn't like Ageha or Tsubasa, they're kind of annoying...I'm glad the last episode didn't have her in it.

Mich666 said:

btw - couldn't he just take off his haori instead? Logic I guess.

I think it was sort of an internal conflict for Rinne. He would like Sakura to see him but then he also wants to be a behind the scenes guy, doing a good deed not for recognition. He was constantly on the look out for spirits anyways, so taking off his haori would be counterproductive if he needed take down a spirit right away.

Salvani said:
babymilo91 said:
I like how they announced a second season of this lol.

I really enjoyed the announcement bit at the end of the episode as well - had a good laugh from that.

Same, that was a cute way to announce the second season X) Definitely looking forward to it next spring! This was a good last episode, where Sakura realizes that maybe she does enjoy seeing spirits after all, and that it's boring without Rinne. They looked so cute at the end sitting on the bench.
Sep 23, 2015 2:08 PM

Nov 2012
Not that bad, I actually enjoyed most of it.
Sep 23, 2015 2:26 PM

Jul 2015
What good will have a second season <3 I liked this last episode was pretty cute. 7/10
Sep 23, 2015 5:37 PM
Oct 2011
Well this was an interesting series. It was kind of weird in a funny way but overall enjoyable to watch :) Maybe a bit underrated. 7-ish/10 for me.
I don't think it's good enough to deserve another full season, or even a full first season, but that's a discussion for another day.
Sep 23, 2015 6:05 PM

Jan 2011
Was it just four or was it five times they re-used the "Don't call me Grandma" "joke" in this episode? That in a nutshell wraps up why I think this is such a mediocre show. I guess we had progress in this episode since Sakura recognizes she misses him if he's gone, but that was precious little to be thankful for over 25 episodes.

I can't cheer for a second season simply because NHK has a limited number of programming slots (and budget) open for anime. Green lighting this show simply means a further delay for a much more worthy sequel from a show like Chihayafuru, Baby Steps, Uchuu Kyoudai, or Log Horizon.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Sep 23, 2015 6:21 PM

Jun 2014
8/10. Really enjoyed it and I thought it to be quite funny :) can't wait for season 2 and more Rinne x Sakura!! :)
Sep 23, 2015 6:31 PM

Dec 2009
5/10 for me and why is this getting a 2nd season...
Sep 23, 2015 7:42 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
I'm honestly surprised to see that this got a S2 lol

The finale was okay, albeit I got a little annoyed at how dense Sakura was in this episode.....Hopefully in the next season she'll be less like that

7/10 for me, this series made me laugh almost every episode xD
Sep 23, 2015 7:50 PM
Feb 2012
It was a pretty good first season. Second half got a little boring at times but I still enjoyed it. 7/10
Sep 23, 2015 7:56 PM

Oct 2011
Shedded a tear when Sakura gave Rinne the Bento T__T
Sep 23, 2015 7:59 PM
Aug 2013
I loved the way they announced the second season. So creative lol.

But can't wait! I really like this show, mainly because its my type of humor.
Sep 23, 2015 8:50 PM

Jul 2013
Didn't expect this to get a second season. Definitely the weakest of Rumiko Takahashi's work so far. However it still retained the same charm and comedy that you can find on her other works. I'll admit there were times when I was just grinning broadly watching this. Still, you can feel that this is average through and through. I only watched it to pass the time, almost dropped it around 20-ish episode but felt it was a waste having come this far. Might have been better without Kain. Maybe it'll be more refreshing with a season break.

5/10

xochandaox said:
*Sigh*
So, I had read the first volume of RINNE and loved it so much, and was very excited for it to be a anime, however, I found the series just.. ok.
Some parts I found funny, the rest was just an ok watch when you didn't want to concentrate too hard or think too much.
I really do like Sakura x Rokudou pairing though. Everything else seems like a nuisance.

I think this is the case with every Rumiko Takahashi's works. They don't translate well into anime (with the exception of Inuyasha).

I think that's probably because her comedy is very gag-like and while it's really funny when you read it in manga form, the anime often missed the joke timing or failed to interpret it well. If you watched Ranma or Urusei Yatsura you'll know what I'm talking about. They were much funnier in the manga while the anime often felt disjointed, just like this one. It's probably okay for old-school anime but it's definitely gonna look out of place in modern times.
Sep 23, 2015 9:34 PM

May 2010
Season 2, Yes!
I wish there's 1 episode every evening :) (Best time to watch)
Sep 23, 2015 9:59 PM

Jun 2014
Well that was a workout for Rinne! Sakura eats the candy that makes it so she can't see spirits, which in turn means she can't see Rinne when he has his kimono on.Really wished they would have confessed their feelings for each other, but hopefully in season 2.

The second cour seemed kind of slow compared to the first. I really don't like Ageha and felt she was the reason for the slowness.

I loved the way that Season 2 was announced at the end! So we will see the gang back next Spring. I'm hoping Season 2 will be an improvement over this one.

Overall I give this a 7/10! Second cour was the reason I lowered the score.
So glad that I'm not a huge manga reader, because the manga readers WHINE WAY TOO MUCH and have to RUIN every adapted anime for the ANIME ONLY WATCHERS!
Sep 24, 2015 6:59 AM

Sep 2014
Decent episode. To be honest, the Anime just went downhill for me after episode 12, it hardly had the Takahashi magic which I expected from the Anime. So yeah, 5/10. I'll definitely watch the second season tho.
Sep 24, 2015 9:28 AM

Jul 2010
I really felt the story lacked substance, not many things happened other then introducing the cast and some of the gadgets being used.

As much as the silliness from the damashigami, and the other "villains", while enjoyable, it almost became filler-like to the point where things were starting to be ineffective due to the repetitive nature of the so called problems and issues.

Like how at the moment the damashigami is the main antagonist, things are just a routine for Rinne, and the big boss (Rinne's dad) manages to get away every single time. I just can't imagine how I would be satisfied with the damashigami organization being shut down, either by force or from mutual understanding.

Whilst the "clown-like" episode has it charms, it definitely brings the faults too. I'll watch the second season, as this was entertaining , but I can't reiterate enough in a sense.

Sakura feeling lonely, that's a start.

All in all a good show, despite my rant. Some good laughs every now and there. Can't help but to compare this to Inuyasha, though, which in itself brings a cycle of negativity T.T Ohh, negativity... Begone!
Sep 24, 2015 10:49 AM

Sep 2015
The idea of the candy was interesting, but since I already knew from news reports that there would be a second season of the series, it lessened this aspect because I already knew that she would be returning to seeing spirits one way or another. But it was fun seeing Sakura being oblivious to all of the evil spirits targeting her, though. The running gag of Tamako rubbing Rinne's temples whenever he called her grandma got old really fast.

At this point, I might be willing to watch the second season when it launches in Spring 2016. It's just going to depend on what else is coming out then and whether or not I can fit it into my schedule.
ljaesch1Sep 24, 2015 10:56 AM
Sep 24, 2015 11:42 AM

Apr 2014
What can I say? It feel so random now.
Well, even if there is a second season, I will have to pass.
Start off good, but later on just not so good.
Go from 8/10 to 6/10
Sep 24, 2015 1:06 PM

Jul 2009
This last episode kinda reminds me of the good 1st episodes of this series, but it turned on kinda boring, I hated Rinne's dad arc so much and after that Kain's arc was not so good either, I will pass the 2nd season, I am actually mad that this got a 25 episodes show and got a 2nd season while other good animes didn't... 6/10
Sep 25, 2015 3:39 AM

May 2010
This episode wasn't bad... But what good does it do when we have like 13 (or something) mediocre episodes. Shame, it could be so good... I like it more when there's some genuine romance hints. Also, some fresh comedy. At its worst, it is just repetitiveness at its peak.

5/10. I am out (unless the S2 is like really, really good)
Sep 26, 2015 2:14 AM
Nov 2010
This anime had no plot, but its characters were fun and the humor was pretty unique. I also found the art style and the production decent.
Sep 26, 2015 5:59 AM

Feb 2012
Yup, I'm not coming back for a season 2. It started off enjoyable, then bearable, then just rapidly went downhill. Dull characters, no plot, boring overall as a series. 4/10
jbeatSep 26, 2015 6:03 AM
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
Sep 26, 2015 6:51 AM
Mar 2012
Another good episode without Rinnes dad.

babymilo91 said:
I like how they announced a second season of this.
I agree. That was nice.
Sep 26, 2015 6:53 AM
Apr 2014
lol that announcement at the end. Really well done. Was Hoping for more of this so I'm totally relieved we got to hear an announcement so soon :D
Sep 26, 2015 8:52 AM

Apr 2014
Well that's a good way to end this season. And I somehow enjoyed watching this whole season.
I might watch the Season 2 next year. But for the meantime I need to catch up with the manga.
Anyway, I'll rate this anime a 7 out of 10 score overall.
Haters always gonna hate.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kyoukai no Rinne (TV) Episode 24 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 12, 2015

29 by 0451 »»
Apr 7, 2023 10:33 AM

Poll: » Kyoukai no Rinne (TV) Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 5, 2015

29 by 0451 »»
Apr 7, 2023 9:36 AM

Poll: » Kyoukai no Rinne (TV) Episode 22 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 29, 2015

27 by 0451 »»
Apr 4, 2023 12:48 AM

Poll: » Kyoukai no Rinne (TV) Episode 21 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 22, 2015

26 by 0451 »»
Apr 2, 2023 11:30 AM

Poll: » Kyoukai no Rinne (TV) Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - May 2, 2015

47 by VictorBassani »»
Mar 29, 2023 10:28 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.