Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Jan 13, 2016 11:48 AM

Jul 2015

I thought they were all gonna say "nico nico nii~" that would have been epic.
The movie was a nice ending to the series. Love Live was overall good and it actually made me give idol animes a shot, I liked it better for its comedy and music because most of the drama in it felt very much forced but yeah it was a good anime.
Feb 1, 2016 6:34 PM
Apr 2014
Linda late to the party, but the movie was not released in Brazil and only last week I could watch it, but...
About the girl, I think the main point is not who she is, but what Honoka sees in her.
Their first encounter was a key piece to indicate to Honoka what struggle she was facing, a dilemma she couldn't clearly see until then. Aside from helping her get back to the hotel, obviously. :p
Their second encounter, well, that never happened. Honoka just projected upon the image of that girl as a means to really go through the situation and decide on her future.
It's not a sci-fi-ish situation with time travel, only a girl channeling her decision in the form of someone who made her realize the struggle in first place.

About not naming the places, I kinda liked it this way, with the exception of Akiba, I think most places in the anime go unnamed and implied only, it shouldn't be different with NY just because it's outside Japan. That's even more of a reason not to name places, it's less stuff to screw up.
Feb 4, 2016 10:24 PM

Apr 2011
didn't what to expect going into this, but LOVE LIVE THE MUSICAL.

TsubasaMaki and NozoMaki were the greatest.
Feb 14, 2016 9:26 PM
Dec 2014
All I have to say.... the sales and popularity in Japan says it all.
Feb 27, 2016 4:13 AM

Jul 2009
CG anime characters look terrible. I was able to put up with it in the series but the movie had excess CG imo and the story was pretty meh too. Still had some catchy songs and a few entertaining parts so I'm still giving it a 6/10 but man it was a real step down from the series.
TalimFeb 27, 2016 4:21 AM
Mar 19, 2016 12:32 AM

Oct 2014
i was gonna wait a while to watch this but started having nico withdrawals and decided to and i literally got so excited when they ended up in new york because i literally just landed here like three hours ago for a vacay hehe o(>◡<)o

obviously it's love live, so i loved it! beautiful ending, i want a season three and 64038747219 movies!!

nico-nico-nii!!
Mar 20, 2016 9:00 PM

May 2014
I have to agree with a lot of points that some of the more critical reviewers are making. A lot of things come out of nowhere or aren't explained well. I had no idea they were in New York, I figured they were somewhere in England. The random adult idol/future Honoka/Honoka's conscience appearing multiple times. I felt the pacing was a bit off. The first half was all fast-paced and nonstop, then the second half was quite slow in comparison. Could have been a bit better spread out.

It was nice to see all our favourite characters again, but it ended up just making me feel a bit empty inside as they didn't really give the characters a true resolve to end things. It really did feel like a subliminal message to the viewers to keep watching even though Muse will be gone.

8/10 (For reference: I gave season 1 a 9/10, and season 2 a 10/10.)
794Mar 20, 2016 9:15 PM
Mar 25, 2016 9:33 AM

Aug 2013
"On that day, we all lost something we couldn't replace."
Mar 26, 2016 2:44 PM

Jun 2009
Meh, this movie felt pretty unnecessary to be honest. Imo the final episode of season 2 was much more emotional and better ending. I#ll just pretend the series ended there.

Lol'd at the concert with all the other idols. It was like "Yeah, let's all do this big thing together" and then everyone else ended up as nothing more than glorified extras/background dancers xD

Weakest part of the franchise, but I'm kind of reluctant to actually give this a lower score than seasons 1 and 2 (that would mean a 6/10).

794 said:
The random adult idol/future Honoka

Oh yeah, that's what this was about, huh? I never realized although now that you said it it was actually quite obvious.
grandy_UiDMar 26, 2016 2:48 PM
Apr 16, 2016 12:06 PM

Aug 2007
Well. This is what I have to say: The story was so so. I mean, before I watch this, I thought the girls will spend more time in NY and the final concert also I thought will be there.

The animation was good. In the concerts was great, also they did a good thing with some of the scenarios in NY. I havent visited that city but, I like how did they do making a good atmosphere in the city.

For the franchise, was a good final movie. But it doesn't happen anything if some people won't watch this.
May 5, 2016 7:58 AM

Aug 2010
I'm admittedly not a huge fan of Love Live! to begin with, but this movie was a huge step down after the second season. The plot was more of an afterthought (Hey guys, maybe we shouldn't quit! Just kidding, we really are quitting) and not very well executed, the flow of the narrative was also stilted, the transition between certain scenes was completely disjointed. There was really no reason for this movie to be made from a storytelling perspective. I mean I get it, it's a huge cashcow franchise so they wanted to milk it some more, but putting in some effort would have been nice. Now that I think about it, even the songs were forgettable as all hell.

The comedy was still great at certain points though (Nozomi trolling around and Umi just being Umi cracked me up without a fail). Also, as huge of a part as subtext shipping is, there wasn't much in the way of romantically interpretable moments. I'd like to assume this was because they wanted to keep things varied by pairing up everyone with everyone for a scene or another, but they didn't play off each other as much as that would have allowed, quite disappointing, lots of wasted opportunities.

There's also the mysterious person Honoka encountered... Since she didn't have a mic before she either had a mental episode during which she brought one (which granted, would fit in well with her character but should have been explored more as it actually would have been an interesting take on this type of character archetype) or had a supernatural encounter, completely out of place in LL!. Didn't really have high expectations of this and was still disappointed, I'd love to get back the time I spent on it, unlike the two seasons which held some merit to them 4/10.
Mogami-kunMay 5, 2016 8:05 AM
Jun 14, 2016 10:45 PM
Mar 2015
i just relize.. that this animation look like same with some H genre with title hitou meguri.. because yesterday i watch it and now i watch the movie and cant enjoy as the same as before.. haha shit..
Jun 23, 2016 12:58 AM

Aug 2012
Giant rant about the movie in spoiler tag

3/10
ThreePercentJun 23, 2016 1:01 AM
Jul 3, 2016 2:19 AM

Oct 2011
To bad the movie didn't do the series justice. Still that last final song is beautiful though.
Jul 17, 2016 11:25 PM

Apr 2013
Just so you know I'm totally not crying, my nigga.
Just need to find out how to quote this every time so I can dodge the stupid 30-character limit.
Jul 24, 2016 5:16 AM

Dec 2014
I laughed, I cried, I smiled and I cheered. I got everything I wanted out of the movie, It gave me everything I've come to expect of Love Live.

I just love how tight knit a group Muse are, The girls having fun was a pleasure to watch and every performance was amazing. All I could do was grin.

The last two performances were simply glorious, Absolutely astounding.

Truly amazing how a small group focused on saving their school discovered their passion for being school idols, Went on to win competitions and become such an influential group and inspired students across the country to follow their dreams and revolutionized the entire School Idol world.

"Making Dreams Come True Together" - μ's

10/10
Aug 18, 2016 1:19 PM

Feb 2015
Only one thing that i like from this movie, it's their determination at the end of the movie. i really like that a lot, especially at how they made it like that. Emotional and exciting at the same time imo xD

but for the most part, somehow, i'm not satisfied enough. i don't know why tho....
I like that 3 song with the dance, they used 2D for the animation even tho there are still some of them dance, they used 3D but i still like it overall. Jokes are still the best xD that's one of the main reason why i like love live afterall xD but somehow, i'm not satisfied enough. so i'm giving this 8.5/10 rather than 9/10 :c

i still find it enjoyable like the second season tho....
well, anyway, thanks for the show i guess....
i'm gonna missed them a lot ;_;
farewell is always sad indeed ;_;
Sep 7, 2016 12:43 PM

Mar 2016
Well then...
Just finished watching the movie, and I have to say it was good. Good, but pretty far from my expectations.
Let's throw off the good points first. The art/animation was really great, all the members of µ's were lovely as usual. I also liked most of the comedy.
"Nico Nico Nui~" lol'd so hard at this.
The songs were good overall, though I still prefer the ones from Season 2.

Now on to the main issues I have with the movie.

The movie was good overall, but there are some things that could/should have been better. Won't go as far as calling it a cashgrab though.
That's pretty much it. Still giving it a 7/10 (A rather low 7) because even after all that I'm going to miss µ's. :(
Sep 24, 2016 4:39 AM

Apr 2009
I think they only made this movie to promote the songs.

But still it's a good one. I enjoyed a lot. 8/10.

They should have wrapped all things up in Season 2 .
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 13, 2016 1:34 PM
Nov 2016
Dat "ittekimasu papa" chu tho.
I get it maki is papa girl and a gay.
Nov 24, 2016 5:57 AM

Feb 2014

Nico Nico Nwiiii~ haha
MichaelMyers-SanNov 24, 2016 6:09 AM
Stop calling me your bunny I won't hop and you don't own me
Dec 13, 2016 8:54 PM

Sep 2013
I loved the movie.

What I still don't get is who was the older lady Honoka meet.

Also, I still believe that muse could have kept going as a group after the seniors graduated as pros. I guess that wasn't the point of this movie though.

Sad ending but loved it.
There's no magical spell to save someone's life.
Jan 9, 2017 1:55 AM

Jan 2010
Okay...so...where to start...

Here's my frame of reference: it's been a good 3 years since I've last seen Love live, which was the second half of the first series. I did this because, well, I wanted to go into this film with fresh eyes, divorced from whatever impressions were still lingering from the television series. And, well, it worked to an extent.

First, the good things about the film. I truly enjoyed the set pieces used throughout New York. I loved the skyline, and the lighting is quite nice on the streetscape. I enjoyed some of the little jokes that engaged the city, such as Umi's group getting lost in the ghetto, the joke about finding Asian food in the US, the girls conversing with various city folk, and how Broadway-ish the first song felt, making the series, for the moment, feel like it was taking advantage of its location.

But, from there, well, I'm gonna try to be constructive, so here we go.

This felt like a glorified regular episode, changed only by its brief change in location and some increases in animation quality. However, I would argue that the best moment of animation in the film wasn't during any of the ongoing in New York or any of the dance scenes, but instead when the group came back from New York and were in the airport. It was that particular scene when the camera was revolving around in a circle while a few of the girls were signing autographs, which offered quite a bit of character and interest due to the camera style coming out of nowhere. This recalls my similar concerns with the series as a whole: it works much better as a comedy than a drama.

The film exists in four modes: the girls gleefully smiling, the girls whimsically smiling, the girls in darkness mourning the end of µ's, and the girls tearfully and nostalgically smiling. The slight variations in tone offer little to break up the series, much less the film itself. Because of this, the film, again, felt like a regular episode, especially considering half the film occurred back at the school. Understandable yes, due to it being a series about school idols, but it's a constraint I find halfhearted and constricting. Why do they have to stop being idols? Is it because they're no longer in school? Why can they not graduate and become full-fledged idols instead of school idols? Are they incapable of meeting up during weekends and free time, or is servicing the brand more important than their own ambitions?

And on that subject of the brand, this film is truly problematic in that regard. The series Love Live exists for its fans. It truly, truly does, and I don't doubt its power. In fact, I admire its' ability to become as successful as it has, but a problem arises when the main conflict of the film is that µ's was too popular for its own good. The greatest problem the group faces is that they became an overseas hit...back home. Popularity over seas was ignored or non-existent, and the only way we know of Love Live's popularity is back in their home, which is a very small sample size. And only for other girls. In fact, I don't know who filmed them in New York, or how their venue was setup, or what their venue even was, or when the video was distributed, or why µ's was even surprised at all this happening. In fact, they were so surprised that they dedicated a song to their own popularity, speaking on how they got so popular, that they had no idea how they were supposed to continue after disbanding.

First, goodness gracious. This is self-indulgence. Speaking to its fans, µ's is saying that after their series had ended, their popularity persisted, and they are now struggling to figure out what to do since they cut themselves short. Had they created a "journey goes on" or, heck, continued as regular idols despite being in different locations, perhaps this might not have been an issue, yet here we are. Second, why the brand? The next related conflict is that because they're so popular, µ's is being used as a corporate tool to increase the popularity of Love Live, and their principal tried to convince them to continue singing and dancing. Again, this is speaking to the fans, but this produces a third problem.

This is partially self-indulgence, and I was thinking this up to this particular point in the film. However, I feel that this is actually a cry for help. I think µ's is trying to end itself, but the fans won't let them rest. All this misty eyed, flowery atmosphere is µ's trying to make one last hurrah after it's last hurrah at the end of its television series. Which...I'm not exactly sure where this film fits into the timeline, but I'm losing myself here.

Continuing with the issue of the brand, I find it horrific that µ's pleads all the other school idol groups to follow in their footsteps to continue making Love Live a success. In-universe, they're being successors to µ's; they're another corporate tool. In a meta sense, µ's is speaking to its fans to continue making Love Live successful and popular, which, perhaps, lends to Love Live's real life popularity for how it connects directly with its fans. Admirable. Worrisome, but admirable. However, despite the narrative saying that its efforts are directed at all school idols, we only ever really see µ's and A-RISE. All other idols are left in the background, and the most they contribute is being workers and make-shift paths to further indulge µ's popularity.

And on that last point, it's also an issue I had with the television series. When was there ever a competition? We never saw any competitiveness, nor was there ever a real method shown for which groups were to compete. There were no other groups ever named. There was only µ's and A-RISE, whom could hardly be classified as competitors. In fact, Honoka has gone out of her way to state that µ's and A-RISE were rivals, but I've never seen any hint of animosity between the two groups. They hardly talked at the beginning, and when they did they seemed friendly enough. Even now, and even within the television series, it was A-RISE spoonfeeding µ's the opportunities to increase their popularity. Heck, even in this film µ's was given the chance to go to New York, but while Honoka said they learned much there, they never really did anything. Sure, they jogged in Central Park, but that served to provide us with scenery and setting, not show that µ's was practicing or training. When did they ever practice singing or dancing? When did they write their songs? When did they make their costumes? Who were their audience? Where did they get the funding to do all this? If it was all A-RISE, then why was A-RISE so supportive of µ's? Isn't that collusion, helping another competitor to win, or am I missing something?

By the way, why didn't A-RISE sing with µ's during that second-to-last song? They were hyping that up, but instead, A-RISE just jumped a lot in the background with the rest of the filler idols. Is that all that they're worth to the show? Really? Just another stepping stone? Wouldn't it have been amazing for A-RISE and µ's to have sung a song together with the whole crowd? No wait, back up. How about having all of the film's budget saved for that last song, where all of the town's idols, A-RISE, and µ's sung together, only for the song to then break down to A-RISE and µ's singing together in a smaller set, then for the song to break down again with Honoka and Tsubasa doing a duet, giving a grand but personal farewell to the audience?

Also, this is the one actual complaint I have with not just Love Live, but other idol shows as well: where is the audience? These performances exist in vacuums with no sense of place or time. Does µ's consist of dancing figures in a snow globe, existing to be leered and oogled at by its fans? From a previous concern, all of µ's fans are girls, specifically school girls. Where are its male fans? I know that Love Live is extremely popular in real life, consisting of a very respectable near 50/50 split between both gendered fans, but doesn't this alienate half of its audience then? Additionally, why not have in-universe fans go nuts over µ's during the live performances? Otherwise, it begs the thought that the screaming fans should be, in fact, the ones in real life. This makes sense given how µ's always break into songs without much warning. It reminds me of Glee or High School Musical in a sense, which I attribute to being one of Love Live's own unique quirks.

However, speaking as non-fan, I do feel like I'm walking into a foreign territory. As if, the moments when I'm supposed to cheer or shout, I'm instead watching with thoughts of why these things are even happening. Perhaps I'm the wrong audience for Love Live, and I'm asking for things that are not here. Granted, my complaints could probably apply to many other idol shows, including my favorites to which I also have my own complaints stored away, but for now, all I can say is I feel like I understand Love Live better now, but I still can't get into it. Perhaps I've become slightly jaded over the years, but I want honesty and effort, not self-indulgence and convenience. I want Love Live to be Love Live, not this brand-driven attempt to continue its legacy.

Also, that's last point is also the last point I'll make. Why is µ's being treated as a legend? They're a legacy of the school to which everyone must work in service for. Once again we'll have a leader picked arbitrarily, where the merit of the individual is lost to the name of the group. Once again the constraints of the school walls will serve to prevent its characters from breaking out and realizing their untapped potentials. Once again will the label of "school idol" prevent the exploration of other locations, songs, people and, dare I say, idol work. If the series wants to be a fun series of vignettes in a school setting, then please, by all means, go for it. However, if the series wants to also be a dramatic narrative, then please don't half-ass it, because that would also mean half-assing its comedic half, which means trying for everything while accomplishing nothing. I'm not asking for perfection, I just want a Love Live that's confident, comfortable, and content with just being itself. Instead, all I see is brand servicing, set pieces and a series that keeps trying to talk to me when I don't care for it's style of fan service.

For the last time, stop talking to me like a salesperson and just be an anime.
ShockedJan 9, 2017 2:28 AM
Jan 25, 2017 1:09 AM

Nov 2016
I'm sure that girl helping Honoka was future Honoka but like symbolic to her conscience. she actually didnt meet the woman, it was just how she came up with her decision. so it was her wise conscience. Same hair colour, same colour of eyes.. I wonder what happens in the future though. I'm sure they're still friends and sing together during their spare time. Just not as school idols.

anyway, TRULY A MASTERPIECE. That was really really glorious. I'm speechless. Wow! And the lyrics of the closing credits T____T So accurate. Omg... I'm so proud of Muse.. My Girls.. they really DID that! Entering with a bang, exiting with a bang!
carlowesomeJan 25, 2017 1:18 AM
Mar 4, 2017 4:30 PM

Nov 2007
What kind of drug is Honoka using? I want to know because I want to see a future version of myself too.
Apr 24, 2017 11:22 AM

Sep 2011
The final song which the lyrics are based on their names and their journey makes me really emotional.

May 1, 2017 2:44 AM

Apr 2015
Movie was average imo. I liked the second season's ending way more than this. I felt that the whole New York thing and the invite all the other idols thing was unnecessary. I really wanted to see A-RISE and µ's perform together. I definitely loved Bokutachi at the end though. I had fun spotting all their names lol.

“Even if the attention isn’t forever, I’ll keep singing.”
May 11, 2017 7:05 PM
May 2017
Whoa! Did you see? Samurai Buyer is selling exclusive items of Love Live Concert!!
I got mine here: http://samuraibuyer.jp/ng/en_us/lp/bandai
I can't wait for it to come!! Kyaa!! <3

Jun 5, 2017 6:30 PM
Jul 2016
I felt like the last third of the movie was a bit disconnected, like the steps between some scenes felt too big you wonder how we got from "there" to "here". It felt rushed. A few things I take from this though:

1. That scene with everyone involved was the most rainbow drooling thing in a while.
2. Niko´s figure on that sunbed...
2. Honoka´s dad should´ve had more screen time, all quiet and muscular and occationally shows up somewhat in the picture... Then you see him with his arms crossed and tears flowing, then he proudly starts playing the trumpet and finally going nuts on the streets with those strip lights I btw wish was more common in the western crowds because it looks awesome in a packed arena.

Guess μ's is really over now... Sunshine!! next then. The bar is set.

7/10
HilariumosisJul 22, 2017 3:23 PM
Oct 5, 2017 8:17 AM

Aug 2013
This was great. Loved it. Especially the last two performances. Can't decide which of the two is better. Honoka's father was funny, he couldn't resist dancing. >.<

9/10. I'm going to miss µ.

Oct 20, 2017 5:10 PM

May 2008
I watched this with a fever and I thought me watching the plot was some of fever dream. But I really have no idea why they went to NYC or even if they actually disbanded in the end and if Honoka took a bunch acid while in NYC. The songs were nice, everything else was some sorta of mess.
Oct 21, 2017 3:43 PM

Mar 2016
I didn't really get this movie...am I the only one? I have so many questions/concerns that I don't really know where to start! It wasn't terrible, but I kinda wished I hadn't watched it. A lot of it didn't make sense and frlt kind of thrown together. Season 2 was a much better ending IMO.
BlondieOct 21, 2017 3:49 PM
Dec 24, 2017 11:30 PM

Dec 2012
Man, really...this is why I put the movie off for two years. I knew I'd fall in love with Love Live again and long for more by the end. This movie captures everything that I adore about idol anime. The trip to America was a riot, the performances were superb, and Muse's ultimatum was unforgettable. I thought I'd be bummed out towards the end, but the "Sunny Day" performance really made this a joyous send off for Muse. Very upbeat and radiant; was especially excited to see the A-Rise collab (Tsubasa is the best!). Being able to move forward with that energy and optimism has been something I often struggle with. The way the girls decided to sign out with a smile really encourages me to think more positively as I continue to make similarly difficult decisions in my own life.

Thank you Muse! I can't wait to get to Sunshine.

9/10. What a delight for Christmas Eve.
Feb 1, 2018 9:42 PM

Sep 2011
Re-watching this and ah... their final song and remembering the last part of the VAs' final live...

Mar 16, 2018 4:23 AM

Apr 2017
That mic girl was definitely Honoka from the future, I love all the 9 girls and I'm sad it's over, 9/10.
cunnysseur
Apr 22, 2018 8:07 AM

Nov 2014
I'm not really big fan of series, but even I felt a bit sad during credits.

First part of movie was pretty boring imo. Similar to first season. 2nd part, just like 2nd season (coincidence? lol) was much better. The decision they had to make was great way to add "drama" that wasn't forced at all and didn't have obvious solution. I also like their decision.
It sure ended with a bang. I kinda hoped for more feelsy last performance and announcement of disbanding after song, but I guess I can't complain.

Some nice songs, but still far below A-RISE level lol
Sep 14, 2018 3:34 PM

Oct 2015
Too bad they disbanded in the end, I guess this is really it and they went out with the bang. I was emotional and will really miss the girls, the song by Maki really hit home.

The performance at NY was the greatest too but my favorite was the school idol one, I just love the song more and made me wish I knew the lyrics to sing along.

8/10.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Feb 7, 2019 10:26 PM
Jun 2016
Is it me or is their hair darker in this film when compared to the TV series? It's especially noticeable with Rin. Now that I think of it, maybe they're just using the character colour schemes to from the original OVA music videos?

I get why Muse wants to disband, but at the same time I don't. Ok, I know this sounds weird but let me explain. If they love (school) idols (or being one) so much, then why can't they continue? Even under a different name. But at the same time, like what I've said, I get why they want to discontinue. As a personal example, I loved SpongeBob. But I think it's for the best if that series ended after the movie (or gave it a few more seasons, not a lot). Now, I'm not saying that you can't enjoy the post-season movies of SB (the seasons immediately after the movie were still good). I just think that I'd have appreciated the show more if it had the movie as its amazing finale (wow, coincidentally I'm also talking about a movie here). Keep in mind that this is all just my opinion. I hope I'm not being too much of a mood-killer here.

"That's why... we will not sing an ending song tomorrow! We must sing for all school idols and those who support us! Having our thoughts together, with everyone as one!"
-Honoka Kousaka, Love Live! The School Idol Movie

"I am so happy that I got the chance to meet you all. I don't want us to go our separate ways! For real!"
-Bokutachi wa Hitotsu no Hikari

Apparently, the song at the end uses the names of the characters as puns. I've noticed it when they used Nozomi (wish) and Hoshizora (starry skies) in the lyrics. I checked for some, but I didn't catch them that much during my 1st listening (I'm not Japanese, so yeah). I checked the wiki, and apparently my assumptions were right. Some of the puns are quite subtle (to me, at least). Honestly, this is very witty in my opinion!
Apr 8, 2019 12:28 AM

May 2016
I was very hesitant to watch this movie just like how I was only able to watch 1-2 episodes a month of the second season last year because of I can't handle the idea of u's ending but since I finally got a hold of my long-lost School Idol Festival account, I now have a means of coping with the loss of my favorite idol group. That didn't mean that I did not cry throughout the movie though...

I love how realistically they've portrayed New York as a foreign country, with the actual Americans looking and speaking English. The girls posing and having fun in the city along with its iconic landmarks makes me feel that at one point in life, I've stood where they've stood since I went to New York for a short while too. The musical parts definitely felt like a broadway musical and never hearing most of the songs in the movie except for Angelic Angel, Sunny Day Song, and Bokuratachi made the experience even more new and magical for me. Nozomi's English was ♡

Honoka's helpful senpai was pretty much the most mysterious person in the movie, appearing with a accent-heavy but charming song about moving on and eventually helping her realize the value of being a School Idol and remember the reason why they have started their journey in the first place. I wonder if Honky does solo performances in her room with her microphone because she never really got the opportunity to give it back.

Of course, since this is pretty much the last u's related anime adaptation ever, there's bound to be moments where I have teared up as much as I laughed and a lot of those moments were pretty much them reminding each other about how they can't continue after the 3rd years graduate. They've passed on the torch to all the School Idols in Japan in the most memorable way possible and successfully managed to stage their very last performance at the Akiba Dome. When Arisa and Yukiho talked about u's' last song, I definitely wasn't prepared for what came next but the second the song started, I started to tear up so much knowing that they're not going to perform anymore but glad that they've started their journey and gone this far to leave their legacy. I'm a really big fan, that's all~

Jul 19, 2019 11:12 AM

May 2016
Average movie they should have concluded with the anime not with a movie. a bit disappointed but it had it moments Honoka is still best girl but I don't want to think that woman is her future self... a bit too gloomy for her I want her to be bright as ever. 6/10

not to forget they really ditched aside A-RISE which really bothered me they were one of the best... sadly they did that to them.
Oct 21, 2019 8:29 PM
Apr 2018
Well, it's really over. I think I should've postponed the movie, now I feel empty. 8/10

I had the misfortune to watch some horrible fansubs, but it seems the plot was quite messy for some people here too. I was quite confused because I thought the school year was about to end after S2 but here the girls had the time to fly to New York and then to prepare a super concert at Akiba. The songs were cool, except for maybe Sunny Day Song, but the final performance felt a much better closure for the series than the one in S2.

The funny moments were well timed, basically everyone had their moments and Honoka's struggle was sad. There was a timeskip at the end, right? Both Alisa and Yohiko were shown wearing 3rd graders ribbons.

All in all, a good way to finish LL! and μ's life as school idols. I'll go for Sunshine now but I'm sure I'll remember fondly Honoka, Kotori, Umi, Hanayo, Rin (best girl 😭), Maki, Nico, Eli and Nozomi; and maybe tear up a bit :')
Apr 27, 2020 2:14 PM

Nov 2016
Rice = life

Was truly a wonderful movie and incredibly joy inducing. Especially the visit to New York, all the performances inbetween and how catchy the songs were.

The ending was more on the bittersweet side, tho. Damn, was sad to see Muse disband(even as someone not as invested in the franchise compared others) but it was really a fun ride with them while it lasted.

8,5/10 easily surpassed the TV series for me

@Raizel I'm disappointed 😣

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 19, 2020 6:35 AM

Jun 2013
while it was enjoyable to see the characters, the movie's plot was so messy. the issues were overcomplicated, and if they had just simplified things instead of trying to make muse seem sooooo cool it would've been better. honestly unnecessary to go to america, the "fame" could've been achieved via the last love live and the change in setting from america to japan half way through was so sudden. they could've done so much more in this series with a-rise but they were underdeveloped & i felt no rivalry or meaningful friendship just some weird jump from admiration to acquaintances.

anyway, i still enjoyed it but the plot was irritating. i'm being nice with a 6/10 based on brainless enjoyment but if i was rating it critically it would be a 4/10
Aug 30, 2020 10:42 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Ah i am so late with all the hype. So, where i shall begin? Maybe this:

The end song was a touchable momentary for me. Every girls had their own color of the backgrounds, not only just Honoka had its chance. Even they had their own name in the lyric of the song. How smart, Maki. I am satisfied:

So, thats it! Such a long time that i don't give my alone time to did this shit commentary No other explanations. But, this deserved on my 10/10. So, the Love from me is so understandable, right? I don't give a damn. This kind of movie really perfect on my personal level of satisfaction in the masterpiece lists. So, yeah, its happening. I can't wait for the next continuations. Shall i?
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Oct 2, 2020 4:07 AM

Jul 2014
Why does this movie exist, besides the obvious fact of it being a blatant cash grab? The conclusion to this movie was already covered by season 2 and was much, much more emotional there. By contrast, this movie just confused the whole thing by having Honoka think about it way too much: the explanation that μ's could only be all of them together was a powerful and emotional reason for their disbanding, but this nonsense of quitting because they only wanted to be school idols is just ridiculous.

What reason is there that they can ONLY be school idols and can't continue their idol activities once they graduate like A-RISE? The logic used to reach that conclusion completely tramples over the season 2 ending and over their friendship as a whole by suggesting that μ's wasn't about their friendship at all, but was instead about being school idols and keeping the Love Live brand going.

An unnecessary, self-indulgent cash grab of a movie that I honestly regret watching due to it completely contradicting and ruining season 2's excellent ending.

5/10
Mar 7, 2021 1:27 PM

May 2018
Good ending to an enjoyable series! I like the New York part the most. I am glad we got no forced, petty, useless drama in the movie and focussed more on comedy and actual dancing. Too bad we never got to see the face of Honoka's dad haha. 6/10
Mar 7, 2021 1:30 PM

May 2018
badabass said:
Ah i am so late with all the hype. So, where i shall begin? Maybe this:

The end song was a touchable momentary for me. Every girls had their own color of the backgrounds, not only just Honoka had its chance. Even they had their own name in the lyric of the song. How smart, Maki. I am satisfied:

So, thats it! Such a long time that i don't give my alone time to did this shit commentary No other explanations. But, this deserved on my 10/10. So, the Love from me is so understandable, right? I don't give a damn. This kind of movie really perfect on my personal level of satisfaction in the masterpiece lists. So, yeah, its happening. I can't wait for the next continuations. Shall i?

Your commentaries are beautiful! Don't degrade yourself like that :3
Apr 3, 2021 9:07 PM

Feb 2018
so this includes a forward or backward plot, lol
Apr 6, 2021 6:08 AM

Feb 2020
Beautiful and emotional movie and pretty much the perfect way to end the story. The songs were nice and catchy and they fit the movie so well.

10/10
Jun 18, 2021 9:56 PM

Sep 2020
Wow, it took me a while to realize the girls names in the last song.
That was so beautiful.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

» What is wrong with them? (Spoiler)

Someone_OwO - Feb 17, 2023

6 by Someone_OwO »»
Mar 8, 2023 9:53 PM

» The way this movie ended gave me depression

Kuraya - Dec 31, 2018

3 by rach1m4n »»
Oct 8, 2021 10:46 PM

» [MOVIE SPOILERS] Who did Honoka actually meet?

maskedapple - Oct 4, 2015

49 by Eira_99 »»
Sep 25, 2020 6:42 PM

» I'm going to NYC, where are the real life locations? Help

PoLoBreak - Apr 6, 2018

2 by PoLoBreak »»
May 9, 2018 8:13 AM

» Will Love Live Continue?

trabeus1 - Aug 2, 2015

4 by CarbonMD »»
Apr 28, 2018 8:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.