Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Dec 16, 2015 9:55 AM

Feb 2013
OH MY GOD, FINALLY WATCHED AAAAAAH I DONT KNOW WHERE TO START.

Okay, Im really surprised how good this movie is, seriously, they tried to make muse disband something to not cry for AND THEY DID IT, I didn't cry but i was staring at the screen like a proud mama.

Still i feel quite sad, watching the movie just make me (once more) realize how amazing the cast is and im gonna miss seeing more of them </3

My favorite scenes were two: The part were nozomi throws Nico's shoes to the streetlight (lol NozoNico was on top the whole movie i must say more than NicoMaki sadly not like i care much since i really love nozonico but being the last movie and at all more nicomaki would have been nice ;-;), and the other one was that sensual "nico nico nuiiiii" HAHAHAHA nico so precious *cries*

Dec 16, 2015 10:18 AM

Jan 2014
GenesisAria said:
Joekstar said:
Her being a figment of Honoka's imagination is something I considered a possibility as well, but the pedestrian during her first appearance were clearly reacting to her song and applauding.
It's never truly confirmed though and thinking any deeper about it than the above is surely overdoing it - I doubt the creators themselves put more thought into it than that, they just went for something a little surprising and ambiguous imo.
GenesisAria said:
Fortunately it seems it was a sort of timey wimey mirage conscience of her lonesomeness.
Honoka's conscience manifesting as an older of herself.... explanation with the least holes. Jiminy Honoka. The movie was disney-esque enough in writing.
Edit: i just clued in, the woman has Rin's hair colour, not Honoka's... Also, don't underestimate the amount of thought japanese put into things. If there is no solid explanation, then they designed it thoroughly for that purpose - to keep people talking. It's much less common that things get thrown in on a whim. I see loads of anime and such that wrote something in which seemed lazy writing from western perspective (what lazy writing tends to look like here) but was actually well thought-out and came to something that looks like lazy writing. They're written in ways where basics are spoon fed, but there's another layer underneath for the thinkers to notice, they don't expect everyone to be dumb.

I didn't mean to say that they didn't give it any thought or something a long those lines - these matters aren't decided on a whim and done within a few minutes. Rather, they went with simple ambiguity, not bothering to give definite hints to the truth - there's nothing deeper to think about or discuss. They most likely decided the implication of having an adult Honoka help out would be interesting, surprising and went from there.

And I don't see how the woman's hair having a slightly different hue is of much importance. The idea of time travel in the series altogether is silly beyond anything and assuming she is Honoka from the future, her having bleached her hair (to hide her identity?) or it naturally having changed when she grew older, is the most negligible issue of this possibility.

Honestly, I think the woman being a figment of her imagination doesn't make sense at all (not that time travel does, that shit is even sillier). There was no apparent stress bearing down on Honoka during the NY trip - why would she start seeing a woman that foreshadows(!) issues and scenarios Honoka herself hasn't come across yet. And setting the crowd of people clearly reacting to her song aside (hard to believe Honoka imagined a whole audience tbh), then there's still the woman's bag that Honoka still has lying in her room when she wakes up the morning after their second encounter. Where did she get that if not from an actual, non-imagined person? Sounds far-fetched to write all that off as imagination. Theeeen again, not like time travel is silly and far-fetched as well.
My point is, there's no clear answer and I doubt Sunrise had one in mind as well - it's simply ambiguous and the viewer is free to believe what they like. This isn't some complex sci-fi story that's worth crafting theories about. Which is why I said doing so would be putting more thought into it than the people responsible probably did.

And I don't see what being Japanese or not has anything to do with this, really.

EDIT: Turned out longer than I expected and now I feel like I did what I advised not to do - put to much thought into it, lmao.
JoekstarDec 16, 2015 10:50 AM
Dec 16, 2015 10:24 AM

Dec 2014
Damn I really thought Honoka was gonna pull something like

"That's why... we will not sing an ending song tomorrow!"

> Because u's will continue and it will not be an ending song if you catch my drift <

Either way, I really liked the movie. Love Live has come quite a far way and it's been a blast for me ever since I started watching it.
Are you from Japan? Cause I'm trying to get in Japanties.
Dec 16, 2015 12:39 PM

Oct 2009
Sad μ's is coming to an end with this movie. The movie was just like I expected it to be, not sure if that's positive or not. Too much focus on Honoka... To me it felt like more of the same. Maybe its for the best. Nevertheless I enjoyed it. I'll miss the girls.

Thanks μ's.
Dec 16, 2015 12:39 PM

Dec 2009
Joekstar said:
Honestly, I think the woman being a figment of her imagination doesn't make sense at all (not that time travel does, that shit is even sillier). There was no apparent stress bearing down on Honoka during the NY trip - why would she start seeing a woman that foreshadows(!) issues and scenarios Honoka herself hasn't come across yet. And setting the crowd of people clearly reacting to her song aside (hard to believe Honoka imagined a whole audience tbh)
Well being lost in a giant city is pretty stressful, and then there's all the built up anticipation of things. I don't see why she can't imagine a crowd; the OVA was a dream sequence, in the series Umi imagined everyone with vegetables for heads.

Joekstar said:
then there's still the woman's bag that Honoka still has lying in her room when she wakes up the morning after their second encounter. Where did she get that if not from an actual, non-imagined person? Sounds far-fetched to write all that off as imagination. Theeeen again, not like time travel is silly and far-fetched as well.
Yeah with time travel we got bootstrap paradox issue... She does play a sort of fairy herald with a mic stand swag.

Joekstar said:
My point is, there's no clear answer and I doubt Sunrise had one in mind as well - it's simply ambiguous and the viewer is free to believe what they like. This isn't some complex sci-fi story that's worth crafting theories about. Which is why I said doing so would be putting more thought into it than the people responsible probably did.
And yet here people like us are asking the questions. It's publicity haha. Yeah seems to me it was intentionally contradictory. I wonder, when someone cooks up a sound theory, what it'll be~ (it's not the first time i've seen hugely deep/complex sci-fi context underlying fantasy, or even slice of life light-hearted stuff. japan loves playing with that blurry border between magic and science)

Joekstar said:
And I don't see what being Japanese or not has anything to do with this, really.
That was talking about the songs which get cut in western releases because of who knows what nonsensical bureaucracy.
GenesisAriaDec 16, 2015 12:46 PM
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Dec 16, 2015 2:32 PM

Oct 2012
And it's over :'( Following recent news that μ's will disband in april next year this movie really felt kinda nostalgic and sad. Not to mention that IRL Final Love Live is really held in Tokyo dome which is their dream come true.

It was great and heartwarming movie reflecting on everything we grew to love about those characters we spent last five years with. And I really liked smart incorporation of dialogues with adult Honoka. I think it was clever way to hint Honoka's future and to fuel her catharsis. Of course, one has to know japanese mentality to understand it was something that really did happen only in her mind and that it was only used as metaphor.

The only thing that I didn't quite like was the way how they literally pushed on their disbanding. It felt like the characters actually wanted to continue yet they have to end for the very unclear reason because script told them so (really don't know how not being school idol could be a problem if they still wanted to sing in the future). And none of their explanations worked for me. I agree that everything should end in its highest yet this almost felt like forcefull 4th wall breaking and saying "μ's is over, watch Aquors". I guess it would be a lot better if they emphasized their growing-up instead and also the will to make another step in their lives to pursue their other dreams (Umi-archery, Hanayo-rice restaurant, Maki-song writing, Kotori-clothes design and so on).

Still, I really enjoyed this one, it was good to see those characters once again. For the last time.

8/10
Mich666Dec 16, 2015 2:59 PM
Dec 16, 2015 4:34 PM

May 2011
I thought the first season was meh and i really didn't like the 2nd season. but god damn this movie was good
Dec 16, 2015 6:59 PM
Oct 2011
Mich666 said:

The only thing that I didn't quite like was the way how they literally pushed on their disbanding. It felt like the characters actually wanted to continue yet they have to end for the very unclear reason because script told them so (really don't know how not being school idol could be a problem if they still wanted to sing in the future). And none of their explanations worked for me.

The 3rd years graduating and they didn't want to replace the 3 members with new freshman wasn't a good enough reason? Eli made it clear that they will not be a part of u's after they graduate. Eli didn't say anything about disbanding the group, it was up to Honoka to decide.
Pen3Dec 16, 2015 7:03 PM
Dec 16, 2015 7:18 PM

Aug 2008
Best movie of the fuckin year. Star Wars will not be able to top this. Sorry, JJ.

10/10

all of my tears/10
Dec 16, 2015 7:48 PM

Dec 2009
Pen3 said:
Mich666 said:

The only thing that I didn't quite like was the way how they literally pushed on their disbanding. It felt like the characters actually wanted to continue yet they have to end for the very unclear reason because script told them so (really don't know how not being school idol could be a problem if they still wanted to sing in the future). And none of their explanations worked for me.
The 3rd years graduating and they didn't want to replace the 3 members with new freshman wasn't a good enough reason? Eli made it clear that they will not be a part of u's after they graduate. Eli didn't say anything about disbanding the group, it was up to Honoka to decide.
They love being School Idols. If they go to be a regular group they wouldn't be school idols anymore, they'd just be a regular idol group. Now why that matter so much, beats me. Seems more like ya a 4th wall break saying the story is going to end so we need a reason to make good things not last forever, and then say goodbye. Oh well, it worked.
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Dec 16, 2015 10:14 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
There's a reason they are called "School" idols. They would lose that school idol feel if they became a regular idol group. They would be just like any other idol group out there. What Muse did at school was fantastic. The school will forever remember Muse as the group that saved the school from being closed down. Sadly not everything lasts forever. On the bright side, Muse retiring helps to cement their legacy and opens a door for new idols.

Look alike Honoka is an obvious time traveler. It may seem out of place to put time traveling in a show like this, but how else can it be explained. She knows about Honoka's past, specifically that day where Honoka jumped. She looks similar to current Honoka, the other girls couldn't see her, although on that scene maybe she just walked away. She even understands Honoka's ordeal. Unless she's just a regular person and she just so happened to be there off screen during loli Honoka jumping the puddle, then I don't know what else could be a reason not to believe the older Honoka is a time traveler.

Overall the movie was great. I was gonna go watch it at the theater but it was sold out. I loved the first part of the movie. Umi with them card expressions lol.
Hanayo and her rice love. She was right, all they ate was bread, and she even eats bread after she wanted rice xD
Ending performance, WOW. So many dancers there. Best idol performance I've seen.
8/10,

Dec 17, 2015 1:32 AM

Jun 2011
It was a great movie.
The subtitles were finally released on the internet, and I watched the anime on kissanime. What a great way to end an amazing series. The songs weren't my favorite, but they were enjoyable to listen too, I hope its English release wont be too far from the future.
8/10
Dec 17, 2015 3:39 AM

Oct 2012
Pen3 said:

No, it wasn't. This reasoning was good for the end of the second series when they actually faced the graduation but in this movie they started questioning their dreams and purpose of everything. If singing is your life and if friendship and fun is the most important thing to you there is no reason to not continue as real idol group (as A-Rise did). The rule that you can sing to your fullest and have fun only as a school idol is really absurd in this context (implying you can't sing and have fun as adult).

It seemed to me that every girl just wanted to pursue their further dreams in their lives and it's perfectly ok they decided to end the Muse as a group but I don't think they emphasized this "moving on" so well as there were no hints of their future careers (other than Honoka's). It really felt like they were abandoning something precious they actually didn't want to abandon and forcing that just for the movie to have an impact.

Just to make sure - I'm actually not against this disbanding - as everything great needs to come to close - what I didn't like was the actual way they were forced into it. Honoka's reasoning made no sense. It's not like their graduation is the end of their lives (which is the trope anime is overusing way too much on purpose). And I honestly think they should emphasized their "new beginning" a lot more.

If you manage and see the difference between:
"Let's end the Muse because we can sing and be together only as school idols" and
"Let's end the Muse because we are adult now and want to pursue our further dreams",
you will possibly understand.

Sadly, emphasis on the second part was almost missing in this movie.
Mich666Dec 17, 2015 3:59 AM
Dec 17, 2015 3:57 AM

Nov 2011
Edit: I think that now, hours after having seen the movie, I can give a more elaborated and less emotionally biased opinion. I give this film an 8/10 even though I gave Love Live! series a 9/10 because I found there were a few flaws that disappointed me a bit, even though I liked it quite much. I can help but feel there was a bit of wasted potential.

My problem is that this movie was supposed to be a μ's farewell, so I expected an emotional train (a happy or a sad one, but I expected that train) like S2 final chapters. But in my opinion the movie fell in a middle point between the nostalgia and the yay! happy school idol party of the last quarter of the movie, so only the very last song made me feel really emotional because it was the end of an era. I don't saw any special addition to the series ending, they just introduced some doubts about their future but in the end it just finished the same way, so all that they did before was really a bit pointless. Basically: we're disbanding but they need us for another show and then we disband but we already had decided to disband beforehand so, meh it's ok. Lack of (a bit more of) emotional impact.

Also, I saw old Honoka part as a bit unnecessary or, at least, overextended. Also, this way Honoka got a bit more of screen time than the rest of members in a movie that, again, is supposed to be a farewell (at least of the anime) and everybody should have had the same protagonism. Anyway, this really didn't bothered me that much.

But hey, the memes and funny moments were sooo good, the songs were alright and an hour and 40' of our beloved μ's is always welcomed.

PS: I retract from what I said in my original post about the songs not near best μ's ones, Bokutachi wa Hitotsu no Hikari is now one of my favourites after having heard it multiple times like an addict.

Edit 2: Typing error correction u.u
Mike26895Dec 17, 2015 3:24 PM
"...Goodnight Punpun"
Dec 17, 2015 4:53 AM

Jul 2012
I was definitely satisfied with the movie. I forgot how much and why I loved Love Live after awhile until I watched this. It's sad to see it end but hey, it was a good end nonetheless so I'm pretty content with it. I have re-watch the series again one day.

9/10
Dec 17, 2015 5:50 AM
Nov 2013
Some notes:
- Takayama Minami as the Female Singer. Also credited as singing voice for "As Time Goes By" here.
- Kikuko Inoue as Maki's Mom.
- "Mama Live" (^^). I saw Maki's, Hanayo's, Rin's, and Umi's. Didn't catch Nozomi's or Eli's.

I'm not sure, but I wonder if the premise about "disbanding M's as school idol" has something to do with its real life counterpart. The group's unwavering decision to disband, I wonder how much of it comes from the real life? Since not all nine VAs are solely voicing M's; e.g. Eri is Fripside.
(Too much Umineko makes you see this movie as somehow meta, I guess. XD )

Surely somebody else has noticed: the final song has all nine personels' names in the lyric.
Dec 17, 2015 8:35 AM

Aug 2008
Mama Live would be so good.
Dec 17, 2015 9:21 AM

Jan 2008
That last performance (the sunny day song) was... I felt quite uneasy when I was watching and listening that.
Use your brain before using your keyboard!
Dec 17, 2015 11:20 AM
Jul 2010
LGrey said:

I'm not sure, but I wonder if the premise about "disbanding M's as school idol" has something to do with its real life counterpart. The group's unwavering decision to disband, I wonder how much of it comes from the real life? Since not all nine VAs are solely voicing M's; e.g. Eri is Fripside.
(Too much Umineko makes you see this movie as somehow meta, I guess. XD )

It's no coincidence. The last Muse live concerts are next spring.It's all been chroreographed. Notice they didn't announce the concerts until after the film's main run. Also with Nanjo's knee issues, it looks like they moved the dates back a month compared to last year.
Dec 17, 2015 12:34 PM

Aug 2013
I was worried about the animation and art, because movies in this times looks usually just super bad (overused CG, especially 3dcg). But wow. It looked awesome (excluding stage performance scenes which was ugly as hell like in series). They probably had a big budget for it, and they had done really good job with it.
And I knew that I will be sucked in it, this movie was great, so positive and calming. 8/10. I really liked it.
Translation is actually good enough for me. There were some errors (or more, my Japanese is not good enough for understand everything), but in general it was done pretty nice. Not much localised and they left (in) honorifics. I really appreciate it.
rsc-plDec 17, 2015 1:35 PM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Dec 17, 2015 12:46 PM

Oct 2012
paganpoor said:
It's no coincidence. The last Muse live concerts are next spring.It's all been chroreographed. Notice they didn't announce the concerts until after the film's main run. Also with Nanjo's knee issues, it looks like they moved the dates back a month compared to last year.

I think it was actually intentional from a start as March 31st/April 1st marks the end of school year and the final μ's concert that was mentioned in the movie will conclude everything there in Tokyo Dome.
It's no coincidence it's just marketing.

It's very possible Aquors' main goal in anime would be to sing in Akiba Dome during Love Live which is something μ's made possible.
It is also very probable Aquors will made their one song live debut there.
And following all those events there is very real chance that Love Live: Sunshine starts airing sometime during April 2016.
Dec 17, 2015 1:25 PM

Jan 2010
I will be honest here and say this movie quite disappointed me. The pacing was terrible, both parts of the movie were really rushed. I think it would be much better if there were 2 movies, one about their travel and another one about disbanding the group. I love Love Live, but I just could not really feel the drama there. The second season handled the whole disbanding group drama 1000x better.

I do agree that their disbanding did NOT make sense there. Sure, they are "School Idols", but then why would Tsubasa tell Honoka that they could keep being idols AFTER graduating? Tsubasa clearly tells Honoka there that the A-RISE decided to keep being idols even after the graduation, implying that Honoka should discuss the option with the other girls. We know that not all of them really want to keep being idols (Nico and Hanayo are the ones who most love live idols AND wants to keep being one), but why not at least try to discuss about the FUTURE, after the school? The whole movie is AFTER their graduation and yet they never discuss about it. Tsubasa gives the idea and they never discuss about it. They could make units or goes solo (as supposedly the 'old Honoka' did) but they never discuss about it. It's just "we are going to stop being idols" and done. That's all.

It is ok if they wanted to end. That's cool. But why not elaborate on it? Why not elaborate on each one's wishes and dreams and why they don't want to make a real idol group like A-RISE? Why give it a setting after the graduation, giving ideas about them making a real idol group? Their reasoning in the second season was good and well done. But in this movie it was not well developed at all. They were gifted with many other options and time to reflect one more time on their future as a group, on their future as not SCHOOL idols, but there is no elaboration on this matter at all.

The last concert with all the idols did not give the feeling at all. Not because of the outfits, or animation. It was because of the voices. Even though it was supposed to have everyone singing, we could only hear the main girls, there weren't even the A-RISE voices. They could hire a few seiyuus there (or even singers) to sing in this song or even edit the voices to make it sounds like more a big chorus, but they did not. It just did not give the feeling, it didn't look like a "show with all school idols", it looked like another muse show.

The whole older Honoka thing was pretty out of place too. It felt way too strange and weird due to the pacing.

I give this a 6 because I really love Love Live, but I expected more. Much more. At least the animation was better than I expected from the trailer.
Dec 17, 2015 4:46 PM

Aug 2014
Honoka is my hero.

http://imgur.com/a/bFeJ5
Honoka is my Hero! Click Me!
Dec 17, 2015 10:27 PM

Jun 2010
Movie was pretty gorgeous, especially New York. It's a real shame they still did the super eye sore cg dancing though..

Decent overall, I'm not a big fan in the first place.

Just like K-On though I just find the disband annoying. Its just so silly, I guess for the impact factor or some stupid ass reason. If you love to sing/dance, then why would you not continue especially when easily able to... It's a recipe for huge regrets down the road, so pretty garbage forced drama or whatever..
Dec 18, 2015 12:36 AM

Jun 2014
This movie made me realize how happy I am to be an anime fan.
Dec 18, 2015 8:43 AM

Dec 2012
Good movie. Got a bit slow at times but it was alright overall.

Animation and sound spectacular as always (except the very poor CGI at times), I'll miss this cast.

Now that it has finally ended, I know the focus is not on these kinda things but. To do all this without an ounce of adult supervision? all the music designs on its own (maki creates the tone, but not the whole jpopish song), all the speakers and stages set themselves in place. I wish it was at least mentioned that someone or some entity was in charge of these things but yeah, looking too much into it I suppose.

One part that IMO was dumb is how despite all of them wanting to continue together, decide to breakup regardless because promises. It was even hinted that they could keep going even if they were not school idols anymore (probably to make the audience go nuts) but in the end nothing. Is money or fame never a valid reason in this fictional universe? Had the chance, but better go back to living regular lives. I know the writers force this so they can start advertising the next LL season with a different cast, but realistically, I doubt normal people would let a chance like that slide (especially Nico who adores being an idol).

Anyways, 3 years later hinted at the end, I wish they showed what they were up to but oh well, it was a good run regardless.

Edit: the final song was def the best one.
InfatuateDec 18, 2015 8:49 AM

I don't watch as much anime as before...
Dec 19, 2015 5:37 AM

Jun 2009
This movie made me fucking sad what the fuck. I legit cried during the last performance, it really hit me.
Maybe this is a bit bias but the movie is 10/10 for me. Glad I bought the BD it was worth it.

Dec 19, 2015 6:05 AM

Aug 2008
Great movie. Much better than Idol Master movie. Sad to see μ's will disband.

Love Live without a doubt is the best Idol anime out there.
ZapredonDec 19, 2015 6:14 AM
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Dec 19, 2015 6:37 AM

Aug 2010
Damn that was bittersweet :*(
I get that they had to stop but it was sad T^T

Really loved the movie. Their trip to the States was nice and there was no over dramatic BS.

Loved Nico Nico's Jelly Jelly from MakixTsubasa at the piano :P

Honoka's dad is just too good. Dat seizure before he brought out the light sticks and Went into FREEDOM MODE started cheering XD

The animation and art was so good. Screenshotted a hell lots of scene Esp all the thighs and armpits :L

I wonder who that woman Honoka kept seeing is? Her future self? :P
Dec 19, 2015 4:36 PM

May 2011
Phii said:
I do agree that their disbanding did NOT make sense there. Sure, they are "School Idols", but then why would Tsubasa tell Honoka that they could keep being idols AFTER graduating? Tsubasa clearly tells Honoka there that the A-RISE decided to keep being idols even after the graduation, implying that Honoka should discuss the option with the other girls.

This is the part that really annoyed me about this movie, and I went from loving it to simply liking it. While Tsubasa and Honoka were having the talk, I thought FINALLY someone who's going to talk some sense into Honoka and reverse that ridiculous decision they made to break up the group. But nope. The group still decides to break up because... reasons. Yes, I know there are real life reasons why they are breaking up, but in the anime it just boils down to them being selfish. The fans are crying and want more, the members themselves are broken up about it and want to continue, but nope they decide to break up because reasons.

And how does real life really matter anyway? They just stop making more anime... problem solved. Mu's can live on in the anime world. It doesn't need to mimic real life.

It really makes me wish A-RISE won the competition. At least they understand that they can continue doing what they love past high school.
Dec 19, 2015 10:49 PM

Nov 2015
Good movie overall. I like the somewhat ambiguous ending as it leaves room for a potential return to the series. And even if it doesn't return, the end was gratifying despite the head scratching decision to not go pro... These girls clearly know something that we don't. Oh and Tsubasa x Maki? FUCKING GODLIKE.

I wouldn't necessarily count Love Live out just yet. Besides the third years, the girls still have the rest of their schooling to go. We also need to have that one reunion where they're all together for that TRUE last ride.
Dec 20, 2015 11:25 PM

Jan 2011
i just remembered i need to discard my logic reasoning with this sometimes lol, the trip didn't seem all that meaningful and them performing in time square i'm just here thinking there's no way their actually doing that right now then they came back.

and the whole misconception of foreign places never gets old even in anime

still this was more dumb and silly love live that i enjoy and while the 2nd half wasn't as good mainly because it just felt like a repeat of season 2,but if you love live music this movie sure has got you covered 7.9/10 still has some milk left

also i couldn't stop thinking of assassin classroom OP the way everyone was jumping in Sunny Day
Dec 21, 2015 12:25 AM

Sep 2015
Just watched it and I loved every moment of it. A great ending to a great series. Although I would have loved to watch a third season this movie wraps things up nicely for me. I'm excited for Love Live! Sunshine!

10/10
HecticLeoDec 21, 2015 12:39 AM
Dec 21, 2015 10:05 PM

Feb 2012
No more Love Live? What is life supposed to be now...
Dec 22, 2015 8:38 AM

Sep 2013
The movie felt a bit broken at times, almost like it was a recap movie and I still don't care for this type of drama, but hey, the music was nice.
One thing I don't understand is, they made such a big deal about the importance of being a School Idol, and that they only had 1 month until the 3rd years graduated... but their final song was set even later at the next Love Live no?
Dec 22, 2015 9:15 PM

Feb 2014
Love the ED song, instantly loved the lyrics from the first stanza. This is how you do a character(s) song. Incorporating every member's names into the song, flawlessly.
Had to +1 to rating just for that, otherwise it would've been an 7/10, cuz it did go bland at times with no progression, not to mention that unnecessary plot device.

Art was top-notch as always, excluding the cgi ofc. Nothin like watching Maki in HD XD. There are a lack of μ's songs that I can say I enjoyed, but this ED is up there with the 1st season ED. One of the best credits I've seen, was worth every second staring at the rolling credits :3

GenesisAria said:
can't get enough of Kotori doin that lel
GenocyberDec 22, 2015 9:21 PM

"For the sake of humankind, I forsake my humanity." - Cherry
Dec 22, 2015 10:41 PM

Jun 2014
All the white people having huge noses made me laugh my ass off, it must be in some dystopian future where jews took over New York.
Dec 24, 2015 1:18 PM

Jul 2010
A great movie! The transition was definitely a little weird, but yet it made the whole experience very fun.

The special event near the end, I thought there would be the moment where μ's walks in the middle, kind of like Aria. That was one concert, though! If not the greatest, it is surely one of the grandest.

In a sense, I'm glad they carried the same conviction they had from the 2nd season and decided to disband the group. Being unaffected by anyone else, they made their decision to finish their goal with a grand slam! The fact there was a time limit, a scarcity, made it all the more important to keep it to as such an experience, one that can be said to be sacred, which then makes their decision quite understandable.

Encore~ I wouldn't mind at all to see more of Love Live, the movie was great, but one would always ask for more. Well, it was simply more than good enough to see the entire cast be as enjoyable as always.
FatefulLoveDec 24, 2015 1:30 PM
Dec 28, 2015 5:59 AM

Jul 2014
This movie reminded me of how much I love Love Live.

Them: Did you hear Love Live (muse) is about to end?
Me: But never in my heart.

Dec 28, 2015 11:09 AM
Jul 2018
I LOVE THIS EPISODE T_T

So sad, it's the final :(

10/10
Dec 28, 2015 10:12 PM

Jul 2015
This show keeps melting my heart. It's probably in liquid form now lol

Hate to see it end, but it needs to. </3

Mama Live needs to happen

Dec 29, 2015 3:10 AM

Nov 2010
Wow, such a great movie.
I loved both seasons, but didn't expected the movie to be this good. <333

So many good moment. gonna rewatch it in the future.
Dec 29, 2015 5:00 PM
Sep 2009
When I first watched first episode of season 1, I did not expect much. By the end of season 2 I was in love with this show and by the end of the movie, devastated that this is it. Never thought I would get so attached to a simple idol show.

Movie was great, maybe not as strong as second season for me but defo good since it included a bit of everything that was good in the series.

Will definitely re-watch all seasons and movie at some point =)
Dec 30, 2015 5:51 AM

Nov 2011
Oh man, it's so wonderful seeing all the members of Muse again in this. I mean, even the first few minutes of mini Honoka was cute.

I really liked the city feeling of this episode from overseas.

The card game was kinda funny. Oh those expressions. Nico's llama dream also cracked me up.
The English was okay. The songs were great, loved the ones in the first half especially a few of the solos but the group performances were great as well.

Girls also looked great in those colorful outfits~

Nico looked fabulous in those sunglasses. I really likd a lot of the choreography and character expressions in the movie as well. Sunrise put quite a bit of budget into the movie as well and the creativity was fairly good. Although overall, I feel the story was lacking a bit. Still a very enjoyable movie. 8.5/10. Season 3 when.
Dec 30, 2015 11:01 PM

Aug 2012
It has been a long time since I have watched Love Live! so the I might have put too much expectations on the movie.
As a movie, the plot was lacking because of the big plothole known as mysterious Honoka woman. In addition, it was difficult to understand the thoughts of school idols (mostly Honoka). It also failed to live up to its Slice of Life genre due to the uselessness of the lessons taught.

I suppose the redeemable aspect of it was the choreography. The amateurs in the background of the Sunny Day Song danced differently because they did not have muse's coordination.

Bring it. That third season will redeem the movie (unless its set way in the future with the sisters).
Dec 31, 2015 6:22 AM

May 2015
Been a while the last time I saw Love Live!. Definitely missed it, and this movie was really fantastic. Really touching ending there. Hate to see it end there. 10/10. Hope to see another season or something.

Dec 31, 2015 6:48 AM

Nov 2013
Here's my rant on the movie (wall of text):
Lollo36Dec 31, 2015 6:51 AM
Jan 2, 2016 6:05 PM

Jul 2013
I already thought Love Live was stupid, but this, imo it was even more of a train wreck than the series was. Especially after I finished The im@s, this was literal garbage in comparison.

Apparently there was supposed to be a story line with emotion, but I didn't feel any of it.

Why does Honoka suddenly meet another Japanese idol in America? That was just way to god damn forced. Just like when they became super popular out of thin air, and that stupid unimportant decision that they had to make, and also their stupid concert at the end.

I especially didn't like how they randomly inserted their songs throughout the movie. I didn't even realize I was watching their concert in America until thy were on the plane back. It just happened out of nowhere with no buildup other than walking around the city. Same with the last concert. They randomly gathered a bunch of idols on such short notice and did the concert perfectly without showing practice or anything.

On a good note, that art was seriously beautiful, I was heavily reminded of Disney. And a bunch of cute grils going cute things (y)
lol
Jan 8, 2016 4:33 PM

May 2009
that scene with Maki giving Papa a goodbye kiss... PRICELESS
Jan 10, 2016 2:59 PM

May 2010
Very much like K-on movie with its setting.

Rin is already acting like a leader, which is great! Also the first song showed how she's a good vocalist, loved it.

"Nico Nico Nui~" I dieded.

Not fond of "lets gather all the schools and hold a live" thing. Would rather see them explain the breakup to the audience than fellow idol groups. Meh. Better yet, just join with Arise and hold a live, but I guess no.

The last song was very nice. Loved spotting the girls' names within the lyrics.

Hmm the score of this anime went progressively lower as I watched more. S1 was 9/10, S2 was 8.5/10, while this is 7.5? 7? Was not as fond of some of the ideas they brought up here. What's the point of making Rin the leader when Muse is gonna disband? Or did the girl continue under a new name? Have no idea. Why do they dislike the idea of becoming idols anime? Seemed like an excuse so they could just move on. Also, I wanted a proper goodbye, not "lets exaggerate it till the end and don't even do it properly" Something emotional, I don't care if it was sappy or melodramatic. Would have brought better closure than this, at least. Also, the whole future Honoka blahblah wasn't needed. It felt like the show was trying hard to be deep, when it really didn't need to.

Anyways, I'm gonna miss my girls. Who's the best girl? Nozomi is! Was the movie good? Yes, partly. Did it do the series justice? A big no. I'm frustrated because I love these girls and yet... it ended in such a meh way. Its super-duper popular, one would except sunrise writers to do better job, but no. Well, this still brought them tons of money, good for them. Still believe that the girls deserved better.
TragicRomanceJan 10, 2016 3:07 PM
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

» What is wrong with them? (Spoiler)

Someone_OwO - Feb 17, 2023

6 by Someone_OwO »»
Mar 8, 2023 9:53 PM

» The way this movie ended gave me depression

Kuraya - Dec 31, 2018

3 by rach1m4n »»
Oct 8, 2021 10:46 PM

» [MOVIE SPOILERS] Who did Honoka actually meet?

maskedapple - Oct 4, 2015

49 by Eira_99 »»
Sep 25, 2020 6:42 PM

» I'm going to NYC, where are the real life locations? Help

PoLoBreak - Apr 6, 2018

2 by PoLoBreak »»
May 9, 2018 8:13 AM

» Will Love Live Continue?

trabeus1 - Aug 2, 2015

4 by CarbonMD »»
Apr 28, 2018 8:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.