Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Will Owarimonogatari be the last anime that will ever be made for this series?

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 22, 2015 8:08 PM

Apr 2014
MiChocoFudge said:
I hope, im already tired of monogatari. I already finished the novels too, nothing is exciting except the fighting scenes, this series is just bunch of dialogues. I hope shaft can come up with a new original anime like studio trigger.
"new original anime like studio trigger"

lmfao anything but trigger please say sunrise or something...trigger lmfao
Aug 22, 2015 8:10 PM

Jun 2014
SuperRed said:
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
Its cute how some use the term milking. So, mal hates when anime do not have complete adaptions and get annoyed when anime do? Some folks are impossible to please.

Reminds of me of someone who gave a particular anime a negative review because it lacked character development in the first season while simultaneously complaining in that very same review that there was a second season being made.

That basically sums of the logic in certain areas here.
Aug 22, 2015 8:10 PM

Mar 2015
moodie said:
MiChocoFudge said:
I hope, im already tired of monogatari. I already finished the novels too, nothing is exciting except the fighting scenes, this series is just bunch of dialogues. I hope shaft can come up with a new original anime like studio trigger.

araragi in inferno cop style sound interesting to me. will watch.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Aug 22, 2015 8:12 PM

Jun 2014
Unyilkdr said:
moodie said:

Inferno Cop x Ninja Slayer would make good TV.
Aug 22, 2015 8:15 PM

Jan 2015
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
Unyilkdr said:

Inferno Cop x Ninja Slayer would make good TV.
Witch Academia x Inferno Cop is announced
so.................
Twitter and it's consequences had been a disaster for the human race
Aug 22, 2015 8:16 PM

May 2014
I just love how these fans react so fast. *eats popcorn*
quit jacking off on your waifu, you disgusting weaboo
Aug 22, 2015 8:16 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
MiChocoFudge said:
I hope shaft can come up with a new original anime like studio trigger.

They already announced an original anime project (Magical Suite Prism Nana) which is expected to be released this year.

Aug 24, 2015 8:16 AM

Apr 2010
Thread moved

Thread moved to the Owarimonogatari board.
Aug 24, 2015 8:51 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Well, It depends how many novels are they gonna adapt. Owarimonogatari consists od 3 volumes, which will need around 17-19 episodes to be a proper adaptation. Since Shaft has been pretty been pretty proper about their adaptations (Bakemonogatari was giving an extra 3 episodes to finish Tsubasa Cat), most likely they will not try to condense the content into 12-13 episodes. However if Shaft decides to adapt Zoku-Owarimonogatari (which should take 6-7 epiosdes), Shaft can easily make a 2-cour series (24-26 episodes). If Shat does that, then they will only have Kizumonogatari and Koyomimonogatari to adapt. We'll get Kizumonogatari sometime around 2025 and It's unlikely Shaft will adapt Koyomimonogatari because it's gonna be hard to do so (12 short stories). However another novels coming out in October (Orokamonogatari), which might get adapted in the future.
Aug 24, 2015 10:11 PM

Jul 2012
GoldenDevilGamer said:
Well, It depends how many novels are they gonna adapt. Owarimonogatari consists od 3 volumes, which will need around 17-19 episodes to be a proper adaptation. Since Shaft has been pretty been pretty proper about their adaptations (Bakemonogatari was giving an extra 3 episodes to finish Tsubasa Cat), most likely they will not try to condense the content into 12-13 episodes. However if Shaft decides to adapt Zoku-Owarimonogatari (which should take 6-7 epiosdes), Shaft can easily make a 2-cour series (24-26 episodes). If Shat does that, then they will only have Kizumonogatari and Koyomimonogatari to adapt. We'll get Kizumonogatari sometime around 2025 and It's unlikely Shaft will adapt Koyomimonogatari because it's gonna be hard to do so (12 short stories). However another novels coming out in October (Orokamonogatari), which might get adapted in the future.

Yay! Someone else remembers that Koyomimonogatari is a thing. Everyone always seems to skip right over it. :( On topic, I remember reading a while back that SHAFT had said they'd adapt all of the Monogatari novels (though I'd imagine that could certainly change, especially if they just keep coming and enthusiasm from the fan base dries up). I know there are translations of at least some of Koyomimonogatari floating around online, but I haven't read them myself. But if it contains 12 short stories, couldn't they just adapt each one into an episode? You'd have a singe cour right there. Or if they're too short for that, they could adapt 2 or 3 or however many makes sense per episode and release it all at once like they did with Neko: Kuro, Hana, and Tsuki.

Honestly, I think it'd also be really cool if all the other short stories that have been printed in various things could be adapted into anime form, but that's probably not very likely.

At the very least, I'd imagine they'd do Zoku-Owari and hopefully Kizu (since I've heard repeatedly that it's integral to understanding Koyomi and Shinobu's relationship). I don't think Owari will be the last Monogatari adaptation. If nothing else, it's still too popular for SHAFT to just drop it.
You can also find me at:
Wordpress
Tumblr
Aug 27, 2015 8:35 AM

Aug 2012
I really hope not, they have Koyomi, Zokuowari, Kizu and the brand new Orokamonogatari to adapt yet
Aug 27, 2015 8:36 AM

Apr 2014
i keep hearing ppl say "its too popular for shaft to let it go" it will end when it ends

look at madoka it ended nicely imo and it was a big ass franchise for them
Aug 27, 2015 8:46 AM

Nov 2011
It's not a matter of "if" but rather "when". They already mentioned that the Monogatari novels were green-lit for anime awhile ago. We just don't know when the other adaptations are coming.

Kizumonogatari has been the one that's really been taking a long time to launch despite its initial announcement.

Anyways, I'm quite interested in seeing Owarimonogatari. It's been over a year since the last TV series related to the Monogatari franchise (not counting the special set of episodes)
Aug 28, 2015 1:05 PM

Jul 2010
Karadzic said:
HeroKenzan said:

what?
the ending of NGE sparked riots in Japan iirc

mfw
if japan ever has a riot
オタクなんじゃねぃよ
I'm not an otaku.
Sep 1, 2015 1:59 AM
Feb 2015
Well shaft said they would but when they finished owari, zoku owari, koyomi and kizu it's unknown what comes next, but i know there will be more because nisio can't wrap this up, Hanamonogatari was said to be the end but then came final season and even when he named it final season he coudn't help himself ending with a " to be continued"
Sep 1, 2015 6:11 PM

Nov 2014
Crackmore said:
Well shaft said they would but when they finished owari, zoku owari, koyomi and kizu it's unknown what comes next, but i know there will be more because nisio can't wrap this up, Hanamonogatari was said to be the end but then came final season and even when he named it final season he coudn't help himself ending with a " to be continued"

I don't know. Hana don't see like a final for me, nop, not even close.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 1, 2015 6:30 PM

Apr 2014
NA-Sen said:
Crackmore said:

it is tho in terms of chronological order

hana is the final moment in the monogatari series
Sep 7, 2015 9:44 PM

Mar 2013
MiChocoFudge said:

are you sure? i can't believe that you focused on fighting scenes even if this anime excels on dialogues. and worse is that you "already finished" the novels.

Sep 10, 2015 5:58 AM

Jun 2015
MiChocoFudge said:

The dialogues are what I enjoy most about Monogatari.

I am really looking forward to some decent verbal sparring between Hitagi and Araragi.
Sep 14, 2015 4:49 PM

Sep 2014
it may be a 2 cour, nothings been said yet offically. if it is it's likely gunna include zoku owarimonogatari which would make a lot of sense because they are both called owarimonogatari. if they do adapt zoku which may very well be the case its the last book(s) in the main series ending the main story. It won't be the last monogatari anime because of the movie and a couple small arcs they skipped which will probably be in an ova.
Sep 14, 2015 4:50 PM

Apr 2014
davinci12 said:
it may be a 2 cour, nothings been said yet offically. if it is it's likely gunna include zoku owarimonogatari which would make a lot of sense because they are both called owarimonogatari. if they do adapt zoku which may very well be the case its the last book(s) in the main series ending the main story. It won't be the last monogatari anime because of the movie and a couple small arcs they skipped which will probably be in an ova.
Wrong Wrong wrong
Sep 25, 2015 12:24 AM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
romagia said:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Monogatari_novels

there are still Zoku-Owarimonogatari and Orokamonogatari
and kizu..

Well Kizu was announced a while ago and entry is on MAL . And didn't they say that Owarimonogatari will have zoku and oraki as well.. so If this is going to be 20+ episodes series then Owari "end of" might be last monogatari anime.

I think they can sum it up just fine with like 26 episodes. Wouldn't mind seeing shaft animate some other anime they done b4
Sep 25, 2015 7:03 AM

Nov 2013
vaikepois said:
romagia said:

and kizu..

Well Kizu was announced a while ago and entry is on MAL . And didn't they say that Owarimonogatari will have zoku and oraki as well.. so If this is going to be 20+ episodes series then Owari "end of" might be last monogatari anime.

I think they can sum it up just fine with like 26 episodes. Wouldn't mind seeing shaft animate some other anime they done b4

no. according to the news articles, Owarimonogatari will be 12 episodes and will only cover volumes 1 and 2. then they'll do koyomimonogatari. then finish with owari vol. 3 and Zoku.
Disappear. This chair is an eyesore. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair.
Sep 26, 2015 10:35 PM

Sep 2014
moodie said:
davinci12 said:
Wrong Wrong wrong

Oh your tears delicious
Sep 30, 2015 11:45 PM

Feb 2015
davinci12 said:
moodie said:
Wrong Wrong wrong

Oh your tears delicious

Your face 5 days from now

Oct 3, 2015 1:53 PM

Jul 2013
Taking into account that Kizu will be adapted at the end, Shaft only need to animate Koyomimonogatari and Zokuowarimonogatari.
Oct 3, 2015 7:13 PM

May 2015
NA-Sen said:
Crackmore said:

NA-Sen said:
Crackmore said:

It's last chronologically, but yes, Hana was anticlimactic. It all depends on if Isin wants to write more. I knew he said previously that Owari would be the last but he wrote more after so you can't be sure. I personally hope he keeps going. I would miss this series if it ended.
Oct 3, 2015 11:34 PM
Oct 3, 2015 11:47 PM

Aug 2013
Was actually surprised by this.

Started playing the episode and saw the run-time, and assumed it would be like Hana and Tsuki where they just put all of the episodes into a single release.

Then I come on here and see that it's actually got 12 episodes, which is refreshing after the relatively short cours prior.

With that 48min runtime though; did they release episodes 1-2 simulaeneously? Thought I saw it say "Ougi Formula Part I" and then "part II" halfway through.

And if that's the case, do they plan on releasing every episode as a pair or was this just for the premiere?
Oct 4, 2015 12:21 AM

Apr 2015
AntwanMantilla said:
romagia said:

and kizu..

Quick question. Wasn't the next novel after Zoku called Tsugimonogatari because I've never heard of Orokamonogatari?

Orokamonogatari is a new volume that will release on october 6, 2015
Oct 4, 2015 2:19 AM

Jul 2013
Jonesy974 said:
With that 48min runtime though; did they release episodes 1-2 simulaeneously? Thought I saw it say "Ougi Formula Part I" and then "part II" halfway through.

Nop. The episode that aired yesterday was the episode 1, that adapted the entire chapter of Ougi Formula (hence the short breaks with the titles with "Ougi Formula 2", "Ougi Formula 6", ect.). This episode was so long because is the premiere of the series, the rest of the episodes will have a more normal length (24 minutes), I think.
Oct 9, 2015 5:37 PM

Jul 2014
I sure hope so.
Oct 12, 2015 12:37 PM

Feb 2015
I really think so. They have animated so much of the story that I'm sure they will finish it. We still need Owarimonogatari Gekan, Zoku Owarimonogatari, Koyomimonogatari and of course the entirety of Kizu. It is a successful anime so I'm pretty sure they will finish it. It was said at one point that Shaft would animate all of the novels.
Oct 12, 2015 12:45 PM

Jul 2013
Luke72 said:
I really think so. They have animated so much of the story that I'm sure they will finish it. We still need Owarimonogatari Gekan, Zoku Owarimonogatari, Koyomimonogatari and of course the entirety of Kizu. It is a successful anime so I'm pretty sure they will finish it. It was said at one point that Shaft would animate all of the novels.

Also NisiOisin published recently a novel called Orokamonogatari. We have Monogatari for time.
Nov 21, 2015 11:06 AM
Mar 2012
Illyricus said:
Luke72 said:

Also NisiOisin published recently a novel called Orokamonogatari. We have Monogatari for time.

Eh - there are side stories too and the two off-season novels Orokamonogatari and Wazumonogatari. Personally I'd rather see NisiOisin move on to his detective series and see that animated as Shaft's next big project but I guess that might take some time...

Also I thought Zoku Owari was the best way to end the series, the two off season novels seem kind of pointless even by Monogatari standards.
Nov 25, 2015 1:01 PM

Oct 2015
I sure hope not because I look forward to this series more than anything else at the moment. Well this and K. For some reason I really like K. It's not perfect but it's just right for me. Plus it's just gorgeous to look at.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Owarimonogatari Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2015

185 by RioFS »»
Apr 6, 10:15 PM

Poll: » Owarimonogatari Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Wyatt - Oct 3, 2015

296 by the7threvival »»
Apr 6, 5:33 PM

Poll: » Owarimonogatari Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2015

127 by RioFS »»
Apr 5, 7:06 PM

Poll: » Owarimonogatari Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 7, 2015

210 by RioFS »»
Apr 5, 12:34 PM

Poll: » Owarimonogatari Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 31, 2015

170 by RioFS »»
Apr 4, 5:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.