Forum Settings
Forums

Manga 'Bungou Stray Dogs' to Receive Anime Adaptation

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 20, 2015 5:43 PM

Aug 2015
must watch on my list
edit: After reading some comments now i have some serious doubts about this series
edit:hell no not following this series
ultravigoAug 20, 2015 5:49 PM
Aug 20, 2015 6:19 PM

Sep 2011
sounds like it could be promising.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Aug 20, 2015 7:00 PM

Dec 2012
From the staff of Star Driver & Captain Earth . . . So I expect this to have colourful & bright colour palette, nice art style, yet all over the place writing.
I like anime.
Aug 20, 2015 7:12 PM
Mar 2012
Pat_To_Do-List said:
From the staff of Star Driver & Captain Earth . . . So I expect this to have colourful & bright colour palette, nice art style, yet all over the place writing.

Unless they decided to do anime original story for this series instead of adapting the manga, I don't think writing will be that bad.
Aug 20, 2015 7:31 PM

Dec 2012
melina_putri said:
Unless they decided to do anime original story for this series instead of adapting the manga, I don't think writing will be that bad.

If you had watched Star Driver & Captain Earth, you'd understand why I am pessimistic about this.
I like anime.
Aug 20, 2015 7:39 PM
Jul 2018
raiken6 said:
Looks and sounds pretty meh.

I'll skip this. Hope whoever watches enjoys
Aug 20, 2015 7:42 PM

Sep 2014
I've actually read a bit of the manga for this and I like what I have read, so I can't wait for this to come out. Plus knowing Bones is the animation studio for this show also makes me happy.

Aug 20, 2015 7:49 PM
Mar 2012
Pat_To_Do-List said:
melina_putri said:

If you had watched Star Driver & Captain Earth, you'd understand why I am pessimistic about this.

You should compare it with other manga adaptation which they did instead of anime original series like Star Driver and Captain Earth, both of them are also the same people who did Ouran. If anything there is no mecha on this series, at least on the manga.
melina_putriAug 20, 2015 8:09 PM
Aug 20, 2015 8:24 PM

Dec 2012
melina_putri said:
You should compare it with other manga adaptation which they did instead of anime original series like Star Driver and Captain Earth, both of them are also the same people who did Ouran. If anything there is no mecha on this series, at least on the manga.

Still, it does not change the fact that they have Star Driver & Captain Earth on their track record. Watch them, & you will understand.
I like anime.
Aug 20, 2015 9:50 PM

Jul 2012
TheNaturalPerm said:
Doesn't seem shit. No apparent black flags. I'd rather have fujoshi bait than the usual light novel bullcrap tbh...

Will check out

my thoughts exactly. this looks pretty interesting, and the art is to my tastes.
I'll definitely pick up the manga, I'm kinda excited, it seems like something that'd be up BONES' alley, and I'm completely BONES biased so I'm down for it.

moodie said:
everyone complains when the anime isn't pandering to their niche taste

SheasonDuerulo said:

ichii_1 said:

some mild mannered comments, big deal.
Where is all the bashing and saying it's complete sht and garbage?

It's just what other people think. So what?
Quit complaining just because your tastes are 'supposedly' thought less of than others' tastes. They're just male/female mirrored versions of each other.

+1
BirdAug 20, 2015 9:57 PM
Aug 20, 2015 10:38 PM

Apr 2013
Ramkec said:
Why are they named exactly as famous Japanese people, what kinda fuckers is that, where is the creativity.
Japan, creative? lol
Aug 20, 2015 11:08 PM
Aug 2015
I posted this on my youtube channel this morning.
I swear to god, before I shot the video I almost heavily teared up.
Being a big fan of all those authors, this almost made me cum and cry.
Aug 20, 2015 11:32 PM
Mar 2010
JUMP-Senshi said:
Damn unfortunate its fujoshit. I was hoping for another Hyoka in the making

How about you actually read the manga, maybe the first two chapters before you decide it's 'fujoshit'? Also, could you not use that term? It's not very nice.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Aug 21, 2015 1:06 AM

Dec 2014
Sounds interesting. It's supernatural + Mystery and it's BONES, aoutomatically in.
Haven't read the manga, but hope it'll turn out to be good. And let's hope BONES won't put their original story in it, well.... if it worked out, it's okay then.
Gonna keep my eyes on this.
Aug 21, 2015 1:25 AM
Jan 2015
Read the manga and I found it entertaining so I'm looking forward to this.
Aug 21, 2015 2:01 AM
May 2012
This looks nice.
Dazai Osamu, though.
Aug 21, 2015 3:38 AM

Jul 2014
>Bones

I'm sold.

A shame that the original source is pretty ass.
"Hi!"
Aug 21, 2015 3:53 AM

Jun 2014
Well its being done by Bones so will watch.
All credit goes to Sacred.
Aug 21, 2015 4:40 AM

Oct 2014
Bones and mystery
ptw'd I really hope it's not some fujoshi bait. I wanna give a go anyway.
Aug 21, 2015 8:54 AM

Jan 2009
ichii_1 said:
Ecchi shows do have decent writing especially compared to gangsta, maybe if you take your hate glasses off you'll see it.
Diomedea does good work considering their budget and if they had a big budget they'd put Bones to shame.

Titles please. I'd actually like to watch them.
Aug 21, 2015 9:55 AM

Dec 2012
Always appreciate a good mystery. Fujoshi content or no (it doesn't really bother me either way) I'll be watching this
hahaha Naru, also how I felt when I learned how to read all my Kana. Barakamon is everything!!:'D

Aug 21, 2015 10:04 AM

Sep 2013
lubryka said:
ichii_1 said:
Ecchi shows do have decent writing especially compared to gangsta, maybe if you take your hate glasses off you'll see it.
Diomedea does good work considering their budget and if they had a big budget they'd put Bones to shame.

It is what is is.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diomed%C3%A9a

SheasonDuerulo said:

It's just what other people think. So what?
Quit complaining just because your tastes are 'supposedly' thought less of than others' tastes. They're just male/female mirrored versions of each other.

No, it's pure hypocritical bias.
They bash ecchi and the like while these types of series are basically the same but for women and receive less hate.
Aug 21, 2015 10:22 AM

Jan 2013
^
Their 4 most recent works are trash tier cartoons. Truly a studio deserving of praise :^)
Aug 21, 2015 11:16 AM

Jun 2011
For some reason I had a deja vu feeling. Feels like this has been announced before.

.. maybe that's just me..
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Aug 21, 2015 1:45 PM
Jul 2018
The synopsis seems good!
Aug 21, 2015 4:06 PM

Dec 2009
ichii_1 said:
lubryka said:

It is what is is.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diomed%C3%A9a

OHEY!!! THEY DID BOUEIBU TOO! ^O^

Anyway, I don't care if it's for fujos or for ecchi lovers, i watch both anyway xD Can we all just enjoy the things we're meant to enjoy? I mean no one's forcing you to watch it if you deem it as something you don't enjoy! It's okay! It's your opinion man! Coming back to watch it after the show ended with high reviews is completely fine too! Freedom and all that jazz.

That aside though... this looks pretty interesting! I'll be looking forward to it! Sadly for us fujos (me at least) it won't be enough to deem it as fujobait unless there's outright body contact and kissing -cries- You homophobes (or just non-interested parties in general) should just be happy that it will never turn out like that!

I'M TELLIN' YOU, EVEN IF I WANT THIS TO BE FUJOSHI BAIT IT WOULDN'T
EVEN IF I BEGGED
T_____T
Aug 21, 2015 10:34 PM

Jul 2012
"Looks like your average fujoshi bait show"
that's great, because those always turn out to be the best shows.

i've heard of this series before and yeah, i'll probably be watching it.
Aug 22, 2015 12:49 AM
Oct 2013
ultravigo said:
must watch on my list
edit: After reading some comments now i have some serious doubts about this series
edit:hell no not following this series

Same, i'm gonna skip this shit
Aug 22, 2015 1:31 AM
Mar 2010
ichii_1 said:

No, it's pure hypocritical bias.
They bash ecchi and the like while these types of series are basically the same but for women and receive less hate.

Hmm. Really? Did Kuroko no Basuke, Haikyuu!!, Barakamon and Durarara!! have ecchi for women in them? I don't recall seeing ecchi scenes for girls in those. If anything, they had some ecchi for guys.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Aug 22, 2015 4:52 AM

Apr 2008
sleepyclouds said:
I've been wanting to read this,excited!

This one has been on my 'plan to read' list for a while now too! Also the staff have got me even more interested :)
Aug 22, 2015 1:53 PM

Jul 2012
Interesting plot and chara design, I will watch it for sure.
Aug 22, 2015 4:13 PM
Apr 2015
Ahhhhh, yes. No baddly written female characters with oblivious MC, no jiggling boobs, no harem. Bring it oooon.
Aug 24, 2015 10:31 PM
Dec 2013
Sounds very interesting and promising!
Aug 25, 2015 6:36 AM

May 2014
Amiluhur said:
Been reading the manga for quite some time and honestly it's nothing special. It's basically a huge lump of shounen cliches with authors' names tacked on, which retains very little of their unique traits albeit just some little superficials here and there. On the other hand, the artwork is beautiful and very pleasing to look at. And while the mysteries occured in the series are nothing to write home about, the characters' interactions while solving them are more than enough to make up for it. Overall not bad, but not very good either. Just enough to make for a decent time waster.

Also, kudos for BONES for adapting this kind of stuff. They're one of reasons for anime's diversity nowadays.

hmmm......haven't read it myself yet...
I'll take your rating to it as an advice before watching
Aug 25, 2015 6:51 AM

Dec 2012
Artwork looks appealing.
Aug 31, 2015 5:52 PM

Nov 2013
Well since this isn't a mecha I'll be more optimistic about it. This looks to be more in their comfort zone.
Aug 31, 2015 8:16 PM
Dec 2010
The manga is literally the second coming of Kekkai Sensen; interesting characters, cool fights, just don't expect much plot or good writing. Think those who like Kekkai Sensen will like this series too. TBH I am not sure why they didn't ask Rie Matsumoto to direct this cause it looks like the perfect kind of series for her.
Sep 3, 2015 6:53 AM

Mar 2012
What a great news!
I've been reading the manga and I like it very much. Never knew before that it's going to have an anime adaption. Bless you, creators~
Sep 29, 2015 10:36 AM

Sep 2009
The cast is announced!
http://yaraon-blog.com/archives/70522
Nakajima Atsushi - Uemura Yuuto
Dazai Osamu - Miyano Mamoru
Kunikida Doppo - Hosoya Yoshimasa
Edogawa Ranpo - Kamiya Hiroshi
Tanizaki Junichiro - Toyonaga Toshiyuki
Miyazawa Kenji - Kagura Hiroyuki
Yosano Akiko - Shimamura Yuu
Tanizaki Naomi - Omigawa Chiaki
Fukuzawa Yukichi - Koyama Rikiya
Akutagawa Ryuunosuke - Ono Kensho
Oct 17, 2015 11:40 AM

Jun 2013
Nothing special about this manga but still excited for the anime.
Mar 23, 2017 1:01 PM
Sep 2016
Ramkec said:
Why are they named exactly as famous Japanese people, what kinda fuckers is that, where is the creativity.

I know this is old, but it's too hilarious still.

The decision to name them after famous writers (NOT only Japanese) was brilliant, because their character traits and powers also are connected to the lives of their namesakes.

Bungo is actually quite a intelligent show, especially towards season 2. Hope you have it a shot.
Jun 29, 2017 2:18 AM
Sep 2016
Atavistic said:
Blatant fujoshi bait as far as character designs are concerned, but it sounds pretty interesting and it's being done by Bones. Will most likely watch.

Much of the anime produced by bones comes across that way, and then it's actually brilliant. Blast of Tempest was awesome even though it looked like fujoshi bait.

Now that season 2 is over what did you think?
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Light Novel 'Izure Saikyou no Renkinjutsushi?' Gets TV Anime in Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - 11 hours ago

3 by Rinrinka »»
1 hour ago

» 'Kijin Gentoushou' Announces Additional Cast Pair, 1-Hour Premiere

DatRandomDude - 5 hours ago

2 by Memore »»
3 hours ago

» 'Kaijuu 8-gou' Unveils Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - May 4

3 by VittoCheri »»
12 hours ago

» 'Detective Conan' Creator's 'Yaiba' Manga Receives New Anime

Hyperion_PS - May 7

17 by MahiaErebeaNegi »»
Today, 5:36 AM

» Web Manga 'Awajima Hyakkei' Gets Anime

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

4 by RobertBobert »»
Today, 4:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.