May 2015
The hype is real for One Punch Man

Aug 12, 2015 10:47 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
uh yes we know
Aug 13, 2015 12:17 AM

Mar 2015
Sadly, but can't beat a SnK or SAO in terms of popularity.
OPM is a parody anime, and principally for shounen cliche. It not have a serious plot or some hard story-telling with lots of mystery.
SnK have great start with budget and directing on movie-like level. SAO have main goal-exit from the dead game,that attract attention. OPM not having something, that will be attract attention. It will be anime for people,who "in subject", and if SAO or SnK can be recommended for a people, who never watched anime, OPM can't do that.
Aug 13, 2015 12:17 AM

Nov 2013
HaXXspetten said:
uh yes we know
I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.

Aug 13, 2015 12:18 AM

Dec 2013
Never would have guessed -_-
Aug 13, 2015 9:04 AM
May 2015
Tlahuizcapante said:
Sadly, but can't beat a SnK or SAO in terms of popularity.
OPM is a parody anime, and principally for shounen cliche. It not have a serious plot or some hard story-telling with lots of mystery.
SnK have great start with budget and directing on movie-like level. SAO have main goal-exit from the dead game,that attract attention. OPM not having something, that will be attract attention. It will be anime for people,who "in subject", and if SAO or SnK can be recommended for a people, who never watched anime, OPM can't do that.

Yeah it probably won't reach SAO level granted but it might become a cult classic and stay relevant for years to come if the comedy is good enough. I think it will be the best mix of really great action and comedy like Gintama on roids.
Aug 14, 2015 1:47 PM

Sep 2007
Tlahuizcapante said:
SAO or SnK can be recommended for a people, who never watched anime, OPM can't do that.

I dunno, I'm pretty sure it's quite the opposite. It's a teenage-oriented superhero series, without much of the anime "weirdness" that sometimes accompanies shounen titles. Superheroes are super (heh) IN right now, thanks to Marvel. And it ranks 3rd on Mangafox after One Piece and Bleach. AND they release first two manga volumes in September.
Aug 14, 2015 2:05 PM

Apr 2015
I don't even know what/who is One Punch Man guess im under a rock or something
Aug 14, 2015 11:37 PM

Mar 2015
Saitama's gonna carry that weight
Aug 14, 2015 11:39 PM

Nov 2013
Potential AOTY
Aug 14, 2015 11:42 PM

Jan 2009
the most anticipated for none japanese fans only though
Aug 14, 2015 11:51 PM

Feb 2015
Ghiffaris said:
HaXXspetten said:
uh yes we know
Aug 15, 2015 3:34 AM

Mar 2015
vanetz said:
Tlahuizcapante said:
SAO or SnK can be recommended for a people, who never watched anime, OPM can't do that.

I dunno, I'm pretty sure it's quite the opposite. It's a teenage-oriented superhero series, without much of the anime "weirdness" that sometimes accompanies shounen titles. Superheroes are super (heh) IN right now, thanks to Marvel. And it ranks 3rd on Mangafox after One Piece and Bleach. AND they release first two manga volumes in September.

Hope it's will be popular. But for gag anime been popular like HunterxHunter or FMA, for example, it's quite a hard deal. Besides, i think OPM is that high, because he is in manga form for now. Remember(again) Shingeki no Kyojin. Manga (if i remember correctly), before anime give a boost of series, was on quite of high spot. Now, not so much. Popularity brings a big wave of haters, so i dont know, it's good or bad thing to OPM.
Aug 19, 2015 3:59 PM
May 2015
j0x said:

what's the most anticipated in japan?
Aug 20, 2015 7:20 AM

Jun 2014
DaikatsuTheOtaku said:
j0x said:

Probably Owarimonogatari.
Aug 20, 2015 7:57 AM

Jun 2013
DaikatsuTheOtaku said:
j0x said:

last time I checked on a Yaraon thread, it was One punch man.
Like more than half posts said "wanpanman" in the thread for most anticipated fall title.

I'd like to know why Jox thinks OPM isnt hyped in japan though.
Imagine a berserk anime by Yoshiaki kawajiri at Madhouse.

Now take a look at Berserk (2016).

YOU HAVE MY PERMISSION TO CRY.
Aug 23, 2015 2:58 PM

Sep 2014
vanetz said:
Tlahuizcapante said:

In english? I would buy them I think.
Aug 24, 2015 12:52 AM

Sep 2007
Yup, in English, with bonus chapters and illustrations, the works. VIZ plan to release first 6 volumes through May 2016, and they're all available for pre-order. I'm definitely getting those :)
Aug 24, 2015 2:53 AM

Sep 2014
vanetz said:
Yup, in English, with bonus chapters and illustrations, the works. VIZ plan to release first 6 volumes through May 2016, and they're all available for pre-order. I'm definitely getting those :)

Very nice, found it on amazon. I looked for it a month ago or so and there was nothing, so glad. :)
Aug 24, 2015 4:05 AM

May 2014
The art is awsome, but the MC looks kind of like an idiot
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
Aug 24, 2015 4:08 AM

Jun 2014
OPM will be ranked at like #12 on MAL obviously judging how it previously made it to #22 before even airing

But Owarimonogatari is my most anticipated show of Fall.
Aug 24, 2015 4:53 AM

Mar 2015
CrotakuShinobi said:

Saitama is not smart. In terms of intellect, he just a average human. Not a genius, but not like always-screaming MC shounen hero without a second thought.
Aug 29, 2015 11:30 PM
Aug 2015
hmmmm.. you guys do know it is not tagged as shounen but seinen, its in young jump, and its actually atypical as far as "shounen". The target audience isn't even the intention, it was something a bored office worker I think, came up with and posted on the net, with pretty untrained art. It doesn't have the typical shounen tropes, and the main character isn't in highschool. It is nothing like a shounen, as it skips all the shounen tropes of power ups and etc., and as a matter of fact, it slightly pokes fun at that whole aspect. So if you are looking for a shonen, with all the blushing, yelling, and naming every attack(although I think that is parodied jokingly in this manga) you won't find that here. It is not a shounen, but it is definitely filled with action, and is definitely aimed at making fun of shounen powerups and villainry. Even though it has action, most of it is kind of focused on an overall voice of comedy. The whole point is, it is not shounen, and therefore you should not expect typical shounen elements, unless they are being parodied and made fun of.

Oh and don't expect the MC to be like any of the other MCs. If you want the MC to look a certain way, then I suggest focusing on your school work, and focusing on yourself. When you have matured enough to be able to accept something that isn't standard, then watch it. I am starting to think that people who want to see a standard, rather accept different styles and looks, need to get experience. it takes different strokes to move the world as Al Burton said it.
rude-boyliveAug 29, 2015 11:36 PM
Aug 30, 2015 1:43 AM
Oct 2013
Yes theres a chance. NEVER underestimate the wanpanman
Aug 30, 2015 3:02 PM
Jul 2014
I think it will be it's New and hilarious . Maybe it won't be as popular as SAO or AOT but i feel like people would like it because it has GREAT action and it's not so much as depressing as AOT or SAO would be because in all honestly there's no brutal deaths or anything like that. Also, It's not a second season of something else so it might have a pretty high chance compared to the new upcoming animes.
Sep 5, 2015 12:17 PM

Apr 2014
CrotakuShinobi said:

They draw Saitama like that on purpose

Sep 6, 2015 11:24 AM

Jan 2015
nope, not for me.
Sep 6, 2015 11:42 AM
Aug 2015
To be honest, the only american fans that would anticipate this, are the ones who are tired of generic anime formulas, and want characters that betray the norm. The manga was based off of a webcomic with sub par art, tho over time he has gotten better, and to tell you the truth, it is about more than a superhero with the power of one punch. It is more about attitudes and elitism. To me I don't care if it is the most anticipated anime, because if it was, I probably would not be that interested, because judging from the comments of those that are not anticipated and their tastes, I prefer something that does have its own unique answer to art, and just wonder if it will have a means to a different end than all the manga that provide formulas just to break them down. The fact that people answered with similar remarks to this anime as the characters in the manga remarked towards the main character, kind of makes me recognize the reason why I am looking forward to this show. It is probably going to be one of the better shows this season, and if it had those easy to catch fans it might end up ruined by those people. Usually shows that attract those easy to lose fans are the ones that have no substance, and eye catching themes that make children go wow. I hope this anime gets more than 12 or 24/25/26 episodes because it is more than just a parody, it's a satire.
Sep 6, 2015 11:44 AM

Sep 2013
ANIME OF THE YEAR!

BASED MADHOUSE!

AMEN!

Sep 6, 2015 11:44 AM

Aug 2015
j0x said:
Sep 6, 2015 11:48 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
One punch man will end up one of the most popular shounen anime ever. It has great action for those who like shounens like Naruto, Bleach or DBZ, and it has great comedy for those who like anime like Gintama, and it'll be fast paced like Fullmetal Alchemist.
Sep 6, 2015 12:25 PM

Nov 2014
Its definitely going to be the most popular anime this year along with UBW

note: I said the most popular not the best
Sep 6, 2015 1:21 PM

Jul 2014
GoldenDevilGamer said:
One punch man will end up one of the most popular shounen anime ever. It has great action for those who like shounens like Naruto, Bleach or DBZ, and it has great comedy for those who like anime like Gintama, and it'll be fast paced like Fullmetal Alchemist.

Dunno if trolling or not, but it's a seinen, not a shounen.

I find some of these comments ironic considering the manga got a boost when simply the anime was announced.
"Hi!"
Sep 6, 2015 1:28 PM

Sep 2013
YEEART said:

Dunno if trolling or not, but it's a seinen, not a shounen.

I find some of these comments ironic considering the manga got a boost when simply the anime was announced.

It regularly publishes extra chapters in shounen magazines too, so it's both.
Sep 6, 2015 2:22 PM

Mar 2015
[quote=YEEART]
GoldenDevilGamer said:

I think, manga is already have been popular, since then starting publishing in tankoubon form.
Proof:http://onepunchman.wikia.com/wiki/OnePunch-Man
P.S. Even before of redrawn version.
TlahuizcapanteSep 6, 2015 2:31 PM
Sep 7, 2015 1:55 PM

Jul 2015
Disonata said:
Potential AOTY
Sep 7, 2015 2:14 PM

Jul 2013
Disonata said:
Potential AOTY

OPM will rank second behind Owarimonogatari.

CrotakuShinobi said:

That's the point and he looks totally different when serious.

GoldenDevilGamer said:

Suuuuuure.... and Glasslip wins the award for best TV series in the 21st Century.

royaldocks said:

There are already 13 shows that are more popular than UBW on MAL.
Sep 7, 2015 3:00 PM

Mar 2013
Kruzy said:

royaldocks said:

Are they all from this year?
Sep 7, 2015 3:02 PM

Jul 2013
fst said:
Kruzy said:

Yes although I only took the second season's popularity and not the first one.
Sep 7, 2015 5:15 PM

Dec 2013
Its out and its awesome.

BASED SAITAMA!!!!!
"No one knows what the future holds. That's why its potential is infinite.” - Okabe Rintarou

"El Psy Congroo."

Kirino Kyousake Picture
Sep 8, 2015 11:58 AM

Mar 2015
Kruzy said:
fst said:

Yes although I only took the second season's popularity and not the first one.

What do you think about this method?
We took a first episode quantity of comments, then took quantity of comments from the last episode, from quantity comments of last episodes subtract quantity from the first episodes, the result divided on number of episodes.
For example, Fate/Unlimited blade works season 2:
1537-1134= 403
403/13=31
If result is negative, then is mega popular anime, i suppose.
Sep 10, 2015 4:41 PM

Jan 2009
DaikatsuTheOtaku said:
j0x said:

i did not reply since i do not have source for that but just my intuition of japanese taste from my experience watching seasonal shows

but here this may sound reliable enough http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1426786

1. Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka??
2. Haikyuu!! 2
3. Owari no Seraph 2nd Cour
4. Owarimonogatari
5. Noragami ARAGOTO
6. One-Punch Man
7. Lupin III
8. Osomatsu-san
9. Yuru Yuri San Hai!
10. Shingeki no Kyojin Junior High
11. K Return of Kings
12. Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru
13. Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron Blooded Orphans
14. Heavy Object
15. Hidan no Aria AA
16. Fafner Exodus (2nd Cour)
17. Diabolik Lovers More, Blood
18. Teekyuu 6
19. Subete ga F ni Naru: The Perfect Insider
20. Fist of the North Star Strawberry

http://www.charapedia.jp/research/0084/
Sep 11, 2015 1:34 AM

Sep 2014
Looks pretty similar to MAL. Yet people here keep talking about japanese people and their shit taste. I think this confirms that everyone has shit taste.
Sep 11, 2015 3:16 AM

Jun 2013
j0x said:
DaikatsuTheOtaku said:

i did not reply since i do not have source for that but just my intuition of japanese taste from my experience watching seasonal shows

but here this may sound reliable enough http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1426786

1. Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka??
2. Haikyuu!! 2
3. Owari no Seraph 2nd Cour
4. Owarimonogatari
5. Noragami ARAGOTO
6. One-Punch Man
7. Lupin III
8. Osomatsu-san
9. Yuru Yuri San Hai!
10. Shingeki no Kyojin Junior High
11. K Return of Kings
12. Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru
13. Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron Blooded Orphans
14. Heavy Object
15. Hidan no Aria AA
16. Fafner Exodus (2nd Cour)
17. Diabolik Lovers More, Blood
18. Teekyuu 6
19. Subete ga F ni Naru: The Perfect Insider
20. Fist of the North Star Strawberry

http://www.charapedia.jp/research/0084/

well, everything above OPM is a sequal.
Imagine a berserk anime by Yoshiaki kawajiri at Madhouse.

Now take a look at Berserk (2016).

YOU HAVE MY PERMISSION TO CRY.
Sep 11, 2015 11:24 AM
Oct 2013
Yup One Punch Man is pretty hyped for a non-sequel series.
Wish we got some impressions from japan on Episode 2..
Though the poll is from charapedia so take it with a grain of salt.
Sep 11, 2015 4:26 PM

May 2012
im gonna go with maybe for now...

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Punch Man Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Mills - Oct 17, 2015

431 by OnigirisBasket »»
8 hours ago

» Live Action Movie gets new writers (Rick and Morty writer and creator)

OvergrownRover - Apr 14

2 by Kadano »»
Apr 23, 12:40 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 8, 2015

346 by Mobesho-SAN »»
Apr 22, 2:24 AM

Poll: » One Punch Man Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2015

986 by larryfirst »»
Mar 28, 5:27 AM

Poll: » One Punch Man Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2015

337 by Mobesho-SAN »»
Mar 18, 12:48 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.