Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jul 26, 2015 2:20 PM

Mar 2013
Alisa's underboobs made this episode totally worth it ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2015 2:26 PM

Dec 2007
Is it a commercial or an anime?? Too many poses... >.<
But really, it's not that great, like completely not but I want more of it.. I dunno why XD
Jul 26, 2015 2:39 PM

Jan 2015
I came for some awesome art, animation, and action and once again it delivered on all three accounts.

Really surprised myself on how much I'm enjoying this anime which substance wise doesn't offer much, but I like having this kind of anime to where I can just not overthink or analyze every scene and just relax.

Plus Alisa needs to be in every anime from now on-fact.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Jul 26, 2015 3:09 PM

Oct 2008
That animation of hair/clothes swaying because of the wind at the end was incredibly bad. The slow motion still continues to be badly used, unfortunately. But oh well.

Also, "don't put me together with 5th Cardiv" Alisa.
Jul 26, 2015 3:15 PM

Aug 2013
Great episode, full of battles and quite action, I'm excited to see more battles, especially with Alisa and Lenka, who showed already have evolved enough, in fact the new models seem to be much superior, but users also have a strong personality

I'm already getting used to the protagonist, and this animation is incredible, I'm looking forward to the next episodes, my expectations are increasing relative to anime ..
Jul 26, 2015 3:16 PM

Jan 2013
Does the anime use the game OST or it has an OST of its own?
Jul 26, 2015 3:22 PM
Jul 2015
marian11 said:
Does the anime use the game OST or it has an OST of its own?

It has its own OST

thats why you can't really find the songs online either
Jul 26, 2015 3:25 PM

Jun 2013
i'm still not sure about the art style it's just weird well i don't hate it i just think it's weird and what the fuck attacking him for no reason what a bitch oh well at least it has mindless action with good ost
Jul 26, 2015 3:28 PM

Jul 2014
They're trying way too hard aiming for 'the rule of cool', turned out to be unintentionally funny.
"Hi!"
Jul 26, 2015 3:46 PM

Apr 2014
Looks like badassness is a heavy ingredient here xD
Jul 26, 2015 3:47 PM

Apr 2014
YEEART said:
They're trying way too hard aiming for 'the rule of cool', turned out to be unintentionally funny.

Exactly! Hahahha
I felt like they were saying in their head: NO! I'M COOLER! Look at this shit!
Jul 26, 2015 4:01 PM
Sep 2014
jonjoy said:
SovereignSky said:
To everyone: Only GE players will probably stick with this, the game didn't have THAT great of a story (it was a Monster Hunter genre game after all), I think the total cutscenes was only around 2-3 hour?.

100% true

they animate the "devour" pretty well, looks much longer than in game, but not a problem for me.

Actually, it's starting to look a lot more like Predator Style from the upcoming God Eater Resurrection...
Jul 26, 2015 4:12 PM

Mar 2008
Was it just me or did it seem like Alisa's boobs kept changing sizes?

That huge aragami is eerie.
Jul 26, 2015 4:20 PM

Dec 2014
Though the stories aren't comparable in the slightest, this show is really giving me an FFX type of feel in terms of visuals. I could see Guardians using weapons like the ones displayed, the completely individual style of dress, the Aragami look similar to Fiends, and that huge Aragami at the end reminded me of Sin.

In terms of story though, I think its interesting that by all appearances those three scientists created the Aragami. Will keep watching, but this show is far from being great.
Jul 26, 2015 4:27 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
>mfw watching this animu

Seriously I don't think I've ever seen an anime more generic than this. I mean fuck I've seen a lot but this might just take the cake

So far this is seriously one of the worst anime I've ever seen in my life
Jul 26, 2015 4:32 PM

Jun 2008
raveninthemuddle said:
Do the makers of this show understand or even know what is sense of flow, urgency or energy? I'm talking not only the script, but also the presentation, because this is one big fail.

This applies very much to this episode. Worst episode until now despite the events occurring having the ability to make it the best until now.
It seems the underboob-chan doesn't have the power level to make this a good show.
Absolute horrible directing. And the sound effects and voice acting was horrible too considering the scenes occurring.
It felt like at moments sounds effects and music were missing and the voice actors talked like they weren't fighting but sitting in a table drinking coffee. The same can be said about their actions as well. No tension or adrenaline over being surrounded by monsters really.
It was kind of Owari no Seraph like.
Jul 26, 2015 4:33 PM

May 2015
best episode so far, so love that epic battle, awesome
Jul 26, 2015 4:47 PM

May 2014
Best ep yet.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 26, 2015 4:50 PM

May 2013
Why do people even ask why people hate this? It's pretty obvious, 98% of the haters are ''F/SN BEST ANIME OMFG'' trash, and they picked this up just because ufotable, besides keep in mind that even with all the haters here, the producers dont give a shit, this will sell good in japan because its been the #1 handheld game for years now and the animation is pure quality, no matter what the haters say, this animation suits God Eater, their fanbase is the people that played this, and those people won't complain about this animation style, people who just go off saying worst anime blah blah blah, just drop it, end of story, there is illya for you people to get off to

Keep in mind I praise Ufotable because im a Tales of fan, I couldn't care less for Fate/Mainstream
Jul 26, 2015 5:02 PM

May 2013
Yuzuryn said:
Rektded said:
If only the amount of people here saying they'll drop it and that it's shit wouldn't bother commenting about it.. If only.

Ikr
Almost all of them are like "Ima drop this one cuz" *insert either nitpicking or maybe a valid point, but that's getting kinda rare these days, but then...next episode discussion. They're still here. Why? They need a better hobby lel

Check the last episode discussion man, 80% of the retards on THIS episode discussion already said ''Dropping this shit'' and yet oh look you are still here, they either think that dropping it will influence the sales of the anime or they are damn thirsty for attention....probably both
Jul 26, 2015 5:04 PM
Jan 2015
It's a shame people are hating a good show because it's not what the studio is known for which is kinda like what happened with KyoAni doing Nichijou.

IMO, I love the animation technique, and it seems that it has never been used before; I just wish that won't eat up their budget and produce an anime people would flame more.
Jul 26, 2015 5:12 PM

May 2015
Neat episode in my opinion. I really liked the action. The New Type is pretty amazing stuff. And that Aragami at the end, wow.

Jul 26, 2015 5:24 PM

May 2015
This is fine, but somewhat have "no plot" in it. It's pretty dynamic to see the "new types" battle against the aragamis.

And yeah, too much "haters" for this animu. What are you expect from game adaptations anyway?
Jul 26, 2015 5:30 PM
Jul 2013
Damn... This anime is soo good, can't wait for the next one. That monster at the end thoo, I'm betting that chopper in which they arrived going down soon ... Sorry there is no more hope. Is it just me or does most of the main female characters which play some role in the plot have big chests or revealing cleavage ? I guess the author of this game/anime had some kind of chest fetish, it can't be hiden.
Jul 26, 2015 5:37 PM

Jan 2015
This show is great for me, the animation is superb but lol the OST or sucks or is absent the whole time.
Jul 26, 2015 6:32 PM

Jul 2015
too stupid. why can she just talk to him/them, the rescue team, instead she goes to do this unnecessary thing, she didn't do a sensible thing as to TRY and ask for help. What is this. Too stupid. Stupid. Is it just to show her she's badass? Well, if that is the case, they risked viewers feeling treated as stupid who'd go for flashy things than the story.

am talking about the new girl

Monad said:
This applies very much to this episode. Worst episode until now despite the events occurring having the ability to make it the best until now.
It seems the underboob-chan doesn't have the power level to make this a good show.
Absolute horrible directing. And the sound effects and voice acting was horrible too considering the scenes occurring.
It felt like at moments sounds effects and music were missing and the voice actors talked like they weren't fighting but sitting in a table drinking coffee. The same can be said about their actions as well. No tension or adrenaline over being surrounded by monsters really.
It was kind of Owari no Seraph like.

that was it. Yeah. like having a tea party. relax. high. all smiling. and competing. The boob girl. she just said not to compare her to the other new type weapon, after a comment of the adult one in the three. All were commenting and all. the faces. no wrinkles.

conclusion. this anime is all about style, no matter it be the ruin of the story/plot/common-sense.

Suikomaru said:
This is fine, but somewhat have "no plot" in it. It's pretty dynamic to see the "new types" battle against the aragamis.

And yeah, too much "haters" for this animu. What are you expect from game adaptations anyway?

a story in it, generally. that's the least requirement for every anime. there was an expectation in it but was disappointing. So it felt we got cheated more or less.
Jul 26, 2015 6:51 PM

Aug 2010
I came for the action, Maya Sakamoto and Alisa's Underboob™. I wasn't disappointed.
The OST is great as well. That bad boy will be on my phone playlist as soon as it's out.
Yup, I liked this episode way more than the first two.

4/5

JudeMaxwell said:
...It's pretty obvious, 98% of the haters are ''F/SN BEST ANIME OMFG'' trash...

It's amazing how wrong you are. Almost all of the regulars of the ufoUBW sub-forum who are here are giving GE above average scores, while a lot of the people who hated on ufoUBW are pounding GE to the ground.
Check your "facts" man.
Jul 26, 2015 6:53 PM

Jun 2013
I actually thought that this was a really good episode! and i loved the new girl
Jul 26, 2015 6:57 PM

Mar 2013
Only knock on this episode was, couple of scene feel like the opining to the Game in which Ufotable work on also. Renka got owned by Alisa. Glad they portrait Alisa as a strong women and not fan service. Soma need screen time. I feel like Bandai should work with TK and do GE musou now after watching this episode.
Jul 26, 2015 7:05 PM

Apr 2013
Damn, I like Alisa, and this episode was pretty intense and entertaining~
Jul 26, 2015 7:17 PM

Jan 2011
underboob underboob underboob in 1080p underboob in 1080p..wait what.

whole episode i kept saying to myself that's not have gravity works
Jul 26, 2015 7:19 PM

Jan 2009
Lenka finally knows how to use his new-type weapon properly just by watching Alisa do it

and lol Lenka looks scared by that giant monster Aragami in the end
Jul 26, 2015 7:35 PM
Oct 2012
Really love the art, sadly ufotable likes their generic I-will-save-everyone MCs.

Loved Fate/Zero, watched F/SN, gets pissed off by Shirou. I'm afraid Lenka's gonna be the same.
Jul 26, 2015 7:39 PM

Mar 2009
Ooooh. I like underboob-chan!
Jul 26, 2015 7:55 PM

Jun 2014
Takuan_Soho said:
black1blade said:
So plot is the most important thing in an anime?

Yes. Now of course there are fans of great music, and animation competency is required, but if you look at the 100 best selling series since 2000, the large majority of them are primarily story based.

You're right that people might prefer one thing over the other.

However, if you were to give an infinite budget to something that is poorly written or nonexistant it will still be terrible no matter how pretty it may look.

If you take a piece of literature with a very complex and deep story and give it mediocre/bad animation/art, the story is still there. The presentation might not be the best but you still get the story.

So yeah, plot/storytelling is the most important thing.
Jul 26, 2015 8:05 PM

Jun 2014
Stark700 said:

However, the story still feels blend as hell. Hope we can get some story mechanics going. The action looks nice on paper though in terms of execution along with the action.

The story is VERY lacking. But I kinda like this MC. Hes more realistic. He is a fast learner, and observant but wants to stick to his morals as much as possible. And most important. Hes QUIET. No screaming and yelling and slow mo running.
Also, thet cross slash was BAD ASS
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Jul 26, 2015 8:06 PM

Oct 2007
JudeMaxwell said:
Why do people even ask why people hate this? It's pretty obvious, 98% of the haters are ''F/SN BEST ANIME OMFG'' trash, and they picked this up just because ufotable, besides keep in mind that even with all the haters here, the producers dont give a shit, this will sell good in japan because its been the #1 handheld game for years now and the animation is pure quality, no matter what the haters say, this animation suits God Eater, their fanbase is the people that played this, and those people won't complain about this animation style, people who just go off saying worst anime blah blah blah, just drop it, end of story, there is illya for you people to get off to

Keep in mind I praise Ufotable because im a Tales of fan, I couldn't care less for Fate/Mainstream

Not that I'm calling this a great series but anyone could have predicted that was going to happen just by understanding the way people are on MAL. This show could have got around it a little more by thrusting more fanservice in people's faces like say an anime original scene of Alisa making out with one of the other chicks or turning into a yandere or something but considering its ufoTABLE doing not Hype-Moon it was DoA for MAL. Not even sure why Daisuki is streaming this here and not just sticking around to iDOLMaster. Clearly they dont know theyre audience just yet but no doubt they'll learn fast how petty and simplistic it's turn and turnoff are
Jul 26, 2015 8:26 PM
Mar 2013
MCs gotten better definitely, I guess it's just that the last 2 episodes gave us a wrong impression of him. It's not development but rather it gave us more of an insight to his character than the last 2 episodes. Only problem with this episode is too much awe-struck staring lol.

Lenka: -learns to eat the aragami with his god eater-
Alisa: Whoaaa.....
Alisa: -does some crazy acrobatic moves and blows up aragami-
Lenka: Whoaaa......
Jul 26, 2015 8:35 PM

Aug 2013
what's so bad about this animu?
at least we got Alisa
Jul 26, 2015 9:13 PM

Dec 2010
Eh. Despite the action, was pretty bored throughout the episode. Not sure if I'll keep going.
Jul 26, 2015 9:22 PM

May 2012
Vanschia said:
what's so bad about this animu?
at least we got Alisa

Nothing really, it's just typical MAL being typical MAL....
Jul 26, 2015 9:25 PM
Apr 2011
I am at least much more impressed with the action, no more liquid dancing in front of Vajra at least. I was really impressed by the size of hte Ouroboros, they never really seem that big in game.

I feel that Lenka is now starting to seem like the MC. Since they have at least appeased my feelings of this anime, I will continue to give this a shot.
Jul 26, 2015 9:28 PM

Jul 2014
wow, epic action scenes!! :) can't wait to see more of them!
Jul 26, 2015 9:39 PM

Jul 2014
Lol i can totalyy see why people r hating on it. But I Kinda love it. its definetly not a 9 or 10 but it could be a sollid 8.
MY BIGGEST FEAR IS THAT IF LINDOW TURNS INTO SOME WEAK ASS MUTHAFUCKA AFTER HES HYPED TO BE THE BEST.HOPE HE ISNT A LET DOWN LIKE THE FUCKER GUREN FROM SERAPH OF THE END
Shirayuki= Most Perfect Female MC ever
Jul 26, 2015 10:15 PM

Jun 2013
Man, the hate on this series is real. It's not the best, but it's far from being the worst.

Those action scenes were so epic. I love the background track that was played while they were fighting on top of the plane too.
I really want to see how they'll fight that giant Aragami. Hope they do it Shadow of the Colossus style XD.
Jul 26, 2015 10:15 PM

Oct 2013
You guys are funny.
Jul 26, 2015 10:18 PM

Nov 2012
this episode was okay, even if the fighting stuff got kind of boring.
Jul 26, 2015 10:28 PM

Feb 2014
This show just keeps on proving that its not easy to adapt a video game story and not make it bland af. I give them props for trying it at least, I'll probably watch it to the end but god I hope the story and characters get more interesting.. The action isn't so bad.

Tokoya said:
adapatations are not supposed to be carbon copies of source materials and until the anime community in general can accept that and judge an anime based on what it presents and how they handle every episode, these threads will continue to be filled with hate posts by purists
Jul 26, 2015 10:36 PM

Apr 2015
Jesus Christ Ufotable. How shit can this get? But i guess i'll keep watching, since i'm a huge fanboy.

Please be better next week. Please be better next week. PLEASE be better next week.
Jul 26, 2015 10:44 PM

Mar 2013
That. Was. Awesome @_@

The action scenes were such a eye treat to me. Alisa is such a badass
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » God Eater Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 12, 2015

636 by Karva1 »»
Apr 14, 5:53 PM

» Is this like the worst anime OST ever?

Kayle_x_Morgana - Apr 4, 2022

8 by RudeRedis »»
Mar 2, 7:39 AM

Poll: » God Eater Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2016

255 by Suopi »»
Feb 21, 9:37 AM

» Is it good?

Bijou146 - Jan 18

15 by HenryLeo123 »»
Jan 19, 11:51 AM

Poll: » God Eater Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2016

262 by Tropisch »»
Jan 4, 7:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.