Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Rokka: Braves of the Six Flowers (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 11, 2015 11:19 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I think it's kinda funny how Nashetania "plays around" with her food. I mean the carrot part and considering she has a bit of that bunny gimmick vibe around her...lol

It's interesting how close she and Adelt has grown with each other in such a short period of time. The adventure themes of this show is still good while we learn more about the outside world.

Didn't take long for Adelt to dive into action again. As for the 3D-like models, I'm okay with it. Might take some time to get used to though. Also glad to see her show up:

Jul 11, 2015 11:58 AM

Jul 2014
Pacing for this episode good as well?

Also, do I see best girl?
"Hi!"
Jul 11, 2015 12:53 PM

Nov 2014
Oooo is Fremy actually evil though?
Hi there
Jul 11, 2015 12:54 PM

Dec 2008
Adlet was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more tolerable in this episode and less annoying. The first half was rather slow, but overall, it was an enjoyable episode. Things are getting interesting.
Jul 11, 2015 1:02 PM

Jul 2012
I liked this episode, it had a lot of parts with Adlet and Nachetanya. I don't think I'm going to like the other characters as much. I already don't really like Flamie that much, I didn't understand her hostility.
Jul 11, 2015 1:06 PM

Mar 2014
Not sure how I feel about her pulling the gun on Adelt. I guess we'll wait until next ep.

Jul 11, 2015 1:09 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
The ED is so good!

Slow episode, Adlet and Nashetania growing closer to each other.
Jul 11, 2015 1:10 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
The first half was really cute....I am loving the interactions between Adlet and Nashetania and their chemistry is just on point imo....Even though she's kind of bipolar lol I still ship those two so hard

Second half picked up a lot with the action and the scenes did not disappoint at all....We also got introduced to Goldof and Fremy both of whom have left great impressions on me

I doubt that Fremy is actually the Brave Killer so I'm looking forward to seeing how this whole thing plays out
TokoyaJul 11, 2015 1:35 PM
Jul 11, 2015 1:12 PM

Aug 2010
I'm stunned at how amazing this pacing is O_o Best Pacing for an LN I've seen since quite a while.

Quite some AdletxNashetania scenes we got here :P Loving how their going slow and keeping their interactions. This will play a big role later so glad they're not rushing the bond their growing together.

More importantly! BEST GIRL Fremy is finally here and Adlet just fell in love at first sight XD Aoi Yuuki did a good job with her voice :3 Can't wait to see more of her and Adlet's OTP interactions <3

I wonder how many will complain about the CG? XD Just before anyone complains don't forget this is Studio Passione. They probably barely have any budget so excuse them ^^;

Loving the OP and ED a lot :D
Barion-ZaraJul 11, 2015 1:17 PM
Jul 11, 2015 1:15 PM

Jan 2012
A slow first half with Adlet and Nashetania traveling together. Things picked up though with fiend attacks and the arrival of two more Braves. I wonder what the truth is regarding Fremy...
animefan8800Jul 11, 2015 1:18 PM
Jul 11, 2015 1:17 PM

Jul 2010
Have to say that I am really enjoying the adventure aspect of this anime. Visiting and seeing different environments with its people.

It was also nice to hear about Nashetania's background.

I think I am getting more fascinated with Adlet's fighting style which each passing scene.

The difference between Saints and Braves were also interesting, though I have yet to get the whole picture.

With Goldof's arrival and Fremy's hostile attitude, things have taken an interesting turn.
Jul 11, 2015 1:20 PM

May 2010
Slow but very enjoyable episode. Some of the backgrounds are really beautiful!
Jul 11, 2015 1:25 PM

Jan 2012
Why would you get closer to someone who wants to shoot you? Don't think it makes him more trustworthy...

And really the princess looked like she was standing real close the fiends and her dead horse but then couldn't see them anymore when that guy came... Felt weird to me ><
Jul 11, 2015 1:25 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Nashetania's ability is pretty neat. I like how she played with Adlet a little and pretended to feel down. Trolled him good there.

The battle was short, although the fiends were not that strong to begin with. Nashetania is still inexperienced, but she did her part just fine.

Pretty funny how Adlet also pretended to understand Nashetania's concern, but decided to go to the village anyways. Got her back good too!

So Fremy is apparently the Brave-killer? If Goldof's information is correct, Adlet might be in a pinch right now. But I doubt she's the villain.

Decent episode. This might be the only LN that's getting a proper adaptation we've seen in a while.

Jul 11, 2015 1:26 PM

Apr 2013
Everytime I'm hearing the narrator at the beginning, thinking the same thing Damnit Passione, I know I'm not the only fan that wanted to hear Sawashiro Miyuki doubling Mora. You didn't do it, yet you're using Sawashiro as a simple narrator at the beginning of each episode, just to poke fun at us, right! gaaah!

Oh, Adlet is actually talking about his "Saint friend who didn't wish to be a saint" I didn't remember that being in the first novel wonder if they added it there or if it was already~.

As expected, the info about saint being only woman and receiving a part of god power came naturally in this episode. I see no problem here.

They captured well again the mischievous side of Nashetania.
Ah, info about Pienna kingdom explaining why the king was like that in the first episode. This came earlier than expected.

We start to hear about goldof before seeing him, and a bit of info. This include the reason why Nashetania didn't lose in the final round last year against him. Good, good. Passione is really trying hard to give us all the info while separating all of this, so that it isn't too heavy for the anime media. I think they're doing fine, although, in before peoples complaining that it's boring and too slow.

You know what? I know a lot of peoples in those boards finds annoying 3dcgi. And also, they sure changed a lot the aspect of those Kyouma. But.
BUT I SERIOUSLY LIKE THE RESULT (and it fits the aztec setting too imo). Haters are gonna hate. I was a bit worried after seeing that dog in the PV about how would the Kyouma look like. And I like the result.
I thought they wouldn't bother to make a lot of variation for them, maybe 2 or 3, and then in one scene there's already more than that. And they looks seriously nice (yes, I never had any problem with 3dcgi. But even without considering this, I personally feel that they are correctly integrated. Not perfect, but seriously fine). If they didn't use 3dcgi, animating all those detailed monster would have cost a lot for a few scenes only, so you can be sure that we wouldn't have such variety and details. So thanks, 3dcgi. I like this so much better than the monster i ndanmachi that looked so pain and unimpressive.

Here comes Fremy! Aoi Yuuki's voice is close to the one she used for Victorique, but not exactly the same either. Sounds about right for Fremy.
And here comes Goldof as well. I liked the expression of Nashetania when she realised who it was lol ^^". Good choice of voice I'd say. Both calm and he doesn't looks and sounds like he's 16 years old, which is the correct way to go.

I think there's a clear drop in animation quality/details for animated characters in this episode. The scenery however are still quite nice.

I thought that this episode would go several scenes further than that. It really is slow paced. We're really going for more than 6 episodes for the first novel. Between 7 and 12, so that really makes 1 to 2 novel adapted in that cour. Quite a surprising but nice choice.
ZefyrisJul 11, 2015 3:06 PM
Jul 11, 2015 1:27 PM

May 2012
Fremy design is just beautiful.

Another great episode. Pacing was wonderful. Love how we got to see Adlet and Nashetania actually travel together. We got some insight about her and Adlet. Plus it really felt like they were, well traveling. The second part with the fight was pretty okay. The CGI didn't brother me. Everyone can be like ufotable.

That ending surpise the hell out of me. Not only did we meet both Fremy and Goldof. But we don't know who the brave killer is. Man that was amazing. Can't wait for next week.

5/5
Jul 11, 2015 1:27 PM

Mar 2014
I want to praise this show, seriously, I really want to.
But there's a problem, that problem being that I have no idea what to say, I'm just baffled.
"Wow" is everything I can muster for nnow, so perfectly executed in every regard so far.
Jul 11, 2015 1:28 PM

Jul 2007
This feels like a very good adaptation so far. Certainly not rushed and I don't even know the source material. Also the damn visuals are beyond beautiful.

5/5 for this episode.
Jul 11, 2015 1:28 PM

Apr 2014
I'm fine with cgi 3D models tbh

I guess I'm used to them after watching love live and akb0048

Anyway, the episode was pretty good, but the first half of the episode seemed kind of slow

Jul 11, 2015 1:38 PM

Jan 2015
1st half of the episode was meh, second half of the episode was good though. Obviously the new chick introduced isn't the brave killer. Hoping that it picks up during the third episode.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Jul 11, 2015 1:40 PM

Apr 2015
bobzanny said:
1st half of the episode was meh, second half of the episode was good though. Obviously the new chick introduced isn't the brave killer. Hoping that it picks up during the third episode.

Don't get your hopes up for a speedy pace.
Jul 11, 2015 1:42 PM

Feb 2014
Fucking CGI monsters.... oh well, fun episode I guess, I hope the white haired girl is actually good, I really like her design and she seems interesting.
Jul 11, 2015 1:43 PM

Mar 2012
I have to see out of all the series i have seen this summer.

This is one feels weird to describe....i would say it is smooth and calming are the words i would use. Nothing seems rushed...the animation is smooth. the dialogue is simple but direct and the action scenes are good..not to extravagant but not underwhelming, it is a perfect balance.

There is no exaggerations to be found. the interactions feel so natural and the whole story feels so well paced. I have not read the novels but i can tell things are going well with the adaptation.

What i really like is the characters they feel just so natural and very human. this made be a fantasy story but the way it has been portrayed makes it feel so natural it is almost unbelievable. i haven't felt like this for an series in a while.

Like i said to put in a sentence i would say: it feels like a slow river with it's water shining from the sun's light... yeah that is how i would describe it as a whole. it may seem weird but u don't have to understand it..i am not sure even i do.
Jul 11, 2015 1:44 PM

Jan 2015
Tylaen said:
bobzanny said:

Don't get your hopes up for a speedy pace.

I mostly just want all 7 characters to meet up.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Jul 11, 2015 1:44 PM

Mar 2014
Zefyris said:
I think they're doing fine, although, in before peoples complaining that it's boring and too slow.
I thought you were just exaggerating before but I lol at the amount of people complaining about the first part.
Are slow paced adventure series that niche? Are people coming in with wrong expectations? I have no idea.
Jul 11, 2015 1:50 PM

Mar 2012
Paulo27 said:
Zefyris said:
I think they're doing fine, although, in before peoples complaining that it's boring and too slow.
I thought you were just exaggerating before but I lol at the amount of people complaining about the first part.
Are slow paced adventure series that niche? Are people coming in with wrong expectations? I have no idea.

I find it ironic and a bit hypocritical.

When a series is rushed they all complain it should take it's time and focus on develop it's story.

but than when u have an actual series taking it's time they say it is to slow..it must develop faster, focus on more of the coverage of the source. people are never satisfied with anything.

i rather like the pacing....it gives u time to immerse into the world, get to know the characters more and focus more on the dynamics.. as i have stated above in my previous comment
Jul 11, 2015 1:52 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Animation was pretty off at times I feel... well whatever

The pacing almost felt TOO slow though lol, first half of the episode was really boring at least. Ending was pretty good though
Jul 11, 2015 1:55 PM

Mar 2014
-ShadowClaw- said:
Paulo27 said:

When a series is rushed they all complain it should take it's time and focus on develop it's story.

but than when u have an actual series taking it's time they say it is to slow..it must develop faster, focus on more of the coverage of the source. people are never satisfied with anything.

i rather like the pacing....it gives u time to immerse into the world, get to know the characters more and focus more on the dynamics.. as i have stated above in my previous comment
Exactly, in these type of series you are aiming to make the series worth watching/reading for the characters alone and this series nails that with good interactions and likeable characters.
I think it just caught the wrong audience or people expected a more action oriented series.
Jul 11, 2015 2:05 PM

Dec 2014
Enter best girl.

I don't mind the 3dcgi, as long as the action is good I'm content.
Jul 11, 2015 2:07 PM

Mar 2009
I do wonder about the pacing as well. It seems like we will get one volume adapted but not more.
And if there is more I wonder where they will stop. It's certainly impossible to adapt both volumes at this point.

Really liking this adaption I have to say, especially since I just caught up with the novel.

Edit: The animation in the opening is so nice. The character designs look so good.
Jul 11, 2015 2:09 PM

Jul 2007
Paulo27 said:
Zefyris said:

Generation of Instant Gratification.
If stuff is not exploding then "nothing happened". I mean I see entire character flashback episodes being labeled as "filler" nowadays.

Any show that has sufficient amount of explosions, even if plot makes no sense, gets hyped, while any show that actually pays attention to narrative 101 and makes a well paced story with build up and character development is labeled as "slow".
Jul 11, 2015 2:14 PM

Mar 2014
Vudis said:
I do wonder about the pacing as well. It seems like we will get one volume adapted but not more.
And if there is more I wonder where they will stop. It's certainly impossible to adapt both volumes at this point.

Really liking this adaption I have to say, especially since I just caught up with the novel.

Edit: The animation in the opening is so nice. The character designs look so good.
inb4 split cour x_x
Jul 11, 2015 2:17 PM

Apr 2013
Well if they're going to adapt things at this pace, they can do as much split cour as they want, they're welcome.
-ShadowClaw- said:
Paulo27 said:

exactly, but well, they're not always the same users either ^^".
Jul 11, 2015 2:18 PM

Apr 2012
I don't trust that princess.... :v

First, she tries to kill Adlet, or at least test his skill...
She wakes up first (?)
She tries to stop him from going to meet a friend from the opening (?) XD
She annihilates some enemies alone, as if she was faking her strength on the fight before with Adlet...

Something weird here....
Jul 11, 2015 2:21 PM

Jul 2014
Damn, a shame that the anime is fairly low budget.

Moving along, probably the best LN adaptation I've seen in my 6 years of watching anime, and it was brought to us by Passione, a studio which no one had any expectations for. OST is pretty awesome, and the last few minutes were hyped. Fremy looks far too young for my liking, but she's still GOAT and best girl.
"Hi!"
Jul 11, 2015 2:23 PM

Sep 2012
The Pacing!!!!!!!!!!!! Unbelievably accurate, Passione just might be the studio for LN jobs. They didn't skip anything. Amazing adaption as I thought it would be.
Jul 11, 2015 2:24 PM

Jun 2014
Kind of slow in the first half, but the second half picked it up in terms of action and the introduction of two more Braves. Fremy seems like she'll be an interesting character, and it looks like she'll be the focus of the next episode
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jul 11, 2015 2:29 PM

Apr 2013
fantastic episode.

the scenery is beautiful, it actually feels like a journey because the series is not rushing things, loved the quiet and slow moments, nashetania's power looks great

too bad about the cg monsters though

who does fremy think she is pulling a gun on the strongest man in the world!

Apr 2013
YEEART said:
Damn, a shame that the anime is fairly low budget.

Moving along, probably the best LN adaptation I've seen in my 6 years of watching anime, and it was brought to us by Passione, a studio which no one had any expectations for. OST is pretty awesome, and the last few minutes were hyped. Fremy looks far too young for my liking, but she's still GOAT and best girl.

To be honnest, the director and his assistant have respectively done spice and wolf and KyouHora so they're experienced.
Spice & wolf was a success as far as adaptation goes, and it's also a fantasy setting with a lot of discussion. on the other side KyouHora is probably among the hardest LN you can try to adapt.
And on the publisher side, it's a new label and this is their first time asking for an anime adaptation. They may have a different opinion about what they want compared to other company, too.
About the budget, I'd say that so far it's quite correct. It's sure not something like what ufotable does, but I'd rather have it that way as long as they adapt it properly~

Aug 2013
Beautiful sceneries, soothing OSTs, fun interactions between Nash and Adlet, and good actions. There are some minor flaws though but overall this is pretty good.

If they continue this greatness until Vol 1 is over i'll have this as my AOTS in an instant.
Jul 11, 2015 2:37 PM

Jan 2014
Hmm so Fremy is a Brave-killer.. that's interesting. She better change hobby though and join the team because that outfit is great! and i want to see more of it >->
Jul 11, 2015 2:40 PM
Jan 2015
I LOVE the pacing for this series. I haven't read the source material, but it feels like they aren't leaving any of the important information out, and that's really exciting to see.
Jul 11, 2015 2:46 PM

Sep 2013
Fucking hell so dissapointed this was my favorite 1st episode of this season but this episode while it ok wasnt nearly as amazing as the first one :(

Too much romance interactions wich is something i didnt want this show to dive into.
Its predictable that fremy wont kill adlet and i think its taking WAYYY too long for them to meet all of the other braves especially since this is only 1 cour show.Almost no fighting animation i think for some reason just wasnt as good maybe because the first episodes setting with the aztec theme was just so damn good.

6.5/10 very dissapointed hope the show picks up
Jul 11, 2015 2:48 PM

Nov 2007
Who would rest their head on someone's shoulder just like that? Nashetania likes Adlet more than just a fellow brave. Probably.

Fermy doesn't trust fellow Braves. Fermy knows that there could be fakes amongst the Braves. Probably.

While I didn't like the 3D fiends and the animation was pretty off at some scenes, the episode was good. I will enjoy this anime. Probably.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jul 11, 2015 2:50 PM

Nov 2014
Am I the only one who thinks Goldof is the killer?

Jul 11, 2015 2:54 PM

Feb 2015
This show has some really stunning character designs and artwork. It's a very easy on the eye. Good pacing in this episode with some characater development. Really enjoying Rokka one of the best series this season so far.
Jul 11, 2015 3:03 PM
Jul 2018
We got some CGI monsters.

Fremy is a Brave Killer.
Jul 11, 2015 3:09 PM

Jan 2013
Fremy is in the ED ...itsall good
Jul 11, 2015 3:15 PM

Jun 2014
Boring 1st half. Ok 2nd half
Jul 11, 2015 3:16 PM

Jul 2014
Goldof and Fremy (Best girl) introduced this episode. So Fremy's the Brave-Killer?
Slow but OK first half, second half with a bit more action but it looks like Passione is going to employ lots of CGI here as exhibited by the fiends. They don't have the largest budget so I don't mind if they use it in moderation.
Why do people have such bad taste? Anime isn't subjective anymore.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rokka no Yuusha Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 19, 2015

983 by ItsViny »»
Apr 22, 7:36 PM

Poll: » Who is the strongest of the braves? ( 1 2 )

jbeat - Jul 25, 2015

65 by Talamare »»
Apr 16, 4:00 PM

Poll: » Do you have a favorite character? ( 1 2 3 )

IncestEmblem - Aug 18, 2015

111 by Gator »»
Nov 29, 2023 12:41 PM

Poll: » Rokka no Yuusha Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 12, 2015

884 by Gator »»
Nov 29, 2023 8:18 AM

Poll: » Rokka no Yuusha Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 5, 2015

576 by Gator »»
Nov 28, 2023 8:46 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.