Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Rokka: Braves of the Six Flowers (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jul 4, 2015 4:20 PM
Dec 2014
Well this is more hope for this season for sure. My favorite of the first episodes i watched so far and has a lot of potential.

Seems to be pretty similar to nanatsu no taizai, which isn't a bad thing.

Great animation and artstyle, really nice music. I like the characters and the outlooks on the story.

Looking forward to watching this one.
Jul 4, 2015 4:23 PM
Nov 2013
God damn, this blew my expectations out of the water! I love historical settings like this, world building is very rich as of right now.

Adlet and Nashetania are awesome, very excited to see the rest of the Braves.

Great start, I hope the series stays this awesome cause this has been one of my favorite first episodes so far.
Jul 4, 2015 4:27 PM

Jul 2010
Oh my goodness, that artwork is beautiful. Really enjoyed the first episode. I definitely think that this'll be one of the best anime season's we've seen in a while.
Jul 4, 2015 4:48 PM

Nov 2007
Twelve episodes and from a new studio (second full length anime series). It will be rushed and will have an anime original average ending. You won't read this the last time here.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jul 4, 2015 4:49 PM
Feb 2015
eh seems good
i still wonder why does that society really really really really really really really really really really really hate adlet's fighting style of pragmatism and creativity?

(okay maybe the pragmatism part is the explaining factor but still he's too normal)

Other than that i'll give it an A rank
Jul 4, 2015 4:55 PM

Apr 2013
shanimebib said:
Twelve episodes and from a new studio (second full length anime series). It will be rushed and will have an anime original average ending. You won't read this the last time here.

Then I'll have the pleasure to inform you that this isn't rushed at all. And according to the peoples who saw the second episode at the preview in tokyo, this will continue like that. At this pace, we should get around 2 volumes of 300 pages adapted in 12 episodes. Which is a fairly good pacing. Even if they started accelerating a bit after the 2nd episode, they still won't make it for more than 3 volume. Which is still a better ratio than most ln adaptation nowadays.

And this isn't the last time you'll hear this on that board. x)
Jul 4, 2015 4:57 PM

Jul 2014
Paulo27 said:
wex89 said:
Let me guess , adlet is not true hero. he was chosen by demon king and it's farce mark on his hand but he will fight to the good side to the end.
It's like you wrote it!

LOL WAT. if tht was true tht would be kinda wierd cause the evil guy already fucked up by choosing the wrong guy. Lol I hope this isnt true cause then who is gonna fight on the demons side if the one guy he chose is actually a good guy
Shirayuki= Most Perfect Female MC ever

Apr 2015
Paulo27 said:
wex89 said:
Let me guess , adlet is not true hero. he was chosen by demon king and it's farce mark on his hand but he will fight to the good side to the end.
It's like you wrote it!

I have the same suspicion.

I wanna ask. Are all the 6 heroes female? Well, because of the "flower" thing?
#CHEXIT

Jun 2014
seems quite generic as of right now, it might change later though
All credit goes to Sacred.
Jul 4, 2015 5:11 PM

Apr 2013
abyss333 said:
Paulo27 said:
It's like you wrote it!

LOL WAT. if tht was true tht would be kinda wierd cause the evil guy already fucked up by choosing the wrong guy. Lol I hope this isnt true cause then who is gonna fight on the demons side if the one guy he chose is actually a good guy

Come on now. I didn't think it was even useful to answer to that but... He is just guessing. He has 1 chance in 7 to be right, 6 on 7 to be wrong. And guessing out of nowhere with only 2 of the 7 characters presented is completely stupid. You should know that ^^".
You will see a lot of people guessing from episode 3 onward. And all of them will just do that : guessing. None of them will back it up by aything more than "XX is suspicious because (s)he did that". Well duh. They're all suspicious, so have fun guessing :p.
But the real mystery is here, and well done, and the answer of the mystery can be found before it's announced. Simply, I seriously doubt that a single person will find out, except if they really screw up in the anime. Never saw a single person finding out the answer among the LN readers x).
Jul 4, 2015 5:20 PM

Sep 2013
Somehow Rokka no Yuusha reminded me a lot Fate/stay night [Unlimited Blade Works].

Goddess of Fate chooses six heroes, main character has red hair and yellow eyes, was at the brink of death when his teacher found him and he learned all his fighting moves from him, "Saber, Archer, Caster, Rider, Assassin, Lancer", the sign that they've been chosen looks like a Command Seal, "Unlimited Blade Works", ...

Not saying it's a copy or anything, but these are some nice similarities. Still a somewhat fun show, I guess. The heavy exposition of dozen of names and countries felt really overwhelming and unnecessary, though. The visual quality was also lacking a lot at points.

http://i62.tinypic.com/2qxryx2.jpg

Let's see how this turns out. The first episode was alright.

3/5.
Time is money, but money won't turn back the clock.
Jul 4, 2015 5:27 PM

Apr 2012
Lovely setting but that's about it so far. The lore behind the demon king is kinda plain, but i guess there's an interesting twist because heroes are being killed.

Jul 4, 2015 5:32 PM
Jul 2014
Pretty art. I like the setting so far.
Jul 4, 2015 5:36 PM

Oct 2007
I wasn't that interested in this anime but this episode was pretty good. Looking forward to what happens next.
Jul 4, 2015 5:50 PM

Jun 2013
Such a unique "lore" to this anime. I like the first episode so I hope this one doesn't let me down in the end.
Jul 4, 2015 5:52 PM

Apr 2013
This was an excellent start. I very much enjoyed the setting, which although cliche, seems quite expansive. I also liked the main character and his fighting style. The scene where he got the crest and was acting like it was no big deal but in reality was very happy about it made me smile.
No doubt it was the best first episode of the season. If it maintains this quality AOTS of the season right here for me. 5/5

Btw, how long was he stuck in prison? Seemed like he remained there for at least a couple of months...
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Jul 4, 2015 5:57 PM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
That was marvelous... *__* This anime has such a unique lore but it was handled beautifully with a good storytelling, fantastic visuals, and appealing colors. Also, I'm curious on how long was he stuck in prison before he received the seal. I like the OST too especially the animation when Adelt fought those two warriors single-handedly.

I'm loving this series already. In fact, it's gonna be insta-faved! x)
Jul 4, 2015 6:03 PM

Nov 2007
geralt said:
Seemed like he remained there for at least a couple of months...

He was locked for months. They left out the part from the novel where he used that dagger to shave and the corner of the cell to take dumps. Speculating ofc.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jul 4, 2015 6:04 PM

Aug 2011
I liked this episode, I can see a lot of potential in this anime.

I won't let the animation blind me (It's really great animation though), because this is just one of those shonen anime with historical elements that seem to be more common now.

I like the MC, he's pretty cocky but not annoyingly cocky that would make him intolerable. I am happy he got chosen to be one of the "Braves"

I can see that the guards watched too much 300 because of all the pits.
Jul 4, 2015 6:05 PM
May 2015
I bet either Adlett or Nashetania (sp?) is the Demon King's reincarnation since there are 7 of them (and the murderer looking guy is too obvious).
Jul 4, 2015 6:12 PM

Dec 2013
The opening was pretty good. I am really impressed by the character designs and at the pace they're taking. This doesn't seem rushed at all, but that just makes me more disappointed that this will be only 12 episodes long. If I had to guess how much they'll adapt I'd say perhaps two volumes altogether, which is good but it also means that the best arc might not make it to this season.

I'm looking forward to the action scenes and the introduction of the rest heroes
Jul 4, 2015 6:21 PM

Mar 2015
Wow, the first episode exceeded my expectations. I like it. I'm looking forward for more!
Jul 4, 2015 6:22 PM

Apr 2013
SovereignSky said:
I bet either Adlett or Nashetania (sp?) is the Demon King's reincarnation since there are 7 of them (and the murderer looking guy is too obvious).

yep my guess aswell

mayan setting is something you don't see everyday

op is good, love the ed

very good start

1 cour though... disappointing

series about a journey just need more episodes

love mora's design
xSanoxJul 4, 2015 6:27 PM
Jul 4, 2015 6:28 PM

Oct 2010
Count me in. Finally an interesting and different setting for an anime, and listenable OP/ED as well. Not to mention Chijyou Saikyou no Otoko. Dose colors.
Jul 4, 2015 6:38 PM

Feb 2015
Some good animation and it doesn't seen like it will be rushed.

One of them 2 will properly be the fake.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 4, 2015 7:05 PM

Jan 2013
Been waiting for this one
Jul 4, 2015 7:09 PM

Jun 2014
The pyramids, adobes, and backgrounds look like ancient South America; but the guard's armor, and other characters look Roman, or something else from that area and time. So what exactly is the setting based off of here?
Jul 4, 2015 7:21 PM

Jun 2013
he's very creative with weapons
Jul 4, 2015 7:26 PM

Nov 2010
Kind of wished they began with Adlet being blamed as the 7th like in the LN, but it was still really great!!! I'm so glad the adaptation didn't disappoint and I hope it keeps up along the way.

Also GDI Nashetania is too cute.
What is grammer _(」∠ 、ン、)_

Jul 4, 2015 7:31 PM

Dec 2010
Excellent intro episode. Can't wait for more. Is this 2 cour?
Jul 4, 2015 7:43 PM
Oct 2011
That lead is so fucking annoying I couldn't endure him more than 10 minutes. Too bad the series has nice art and animation.
Jul 4, 2015 7:46 PM

May 2013
By the first episode itself I must say, "I'm hooked.". MC is pretty likeable with his easygoing personality and selfclaim as the strongest man in the world (lol). One of must watch animes in this season.
Jul 4, 2015 7:49 PM

Jul 2010
The most enjoyable anime so far this season, I really dig the concept, I'm not sure about the MC, but it's too soon to say that. Anyway great, hope it only gets better.

Also, the ED is too lovely.
Jul 4, 2015 8:02 PM

Dec 2008
Decent start. Not a fan of Adlet's cockiness/overconfidence though. I really hope it doesn't persist cuz that shit will get tiring super fast.
Can't wait to see Mora!
Jul 4, 2015 8:09 PM

Nov 2010
sarroush said:
Decent start. Not a fan of Adlet's cockiness/overconfidence though. I really hope it doesn't persist cuz that shit will get tiring super fast.
Can't wait to see Mora!

Too bad for you 'cause he's gonna be like that for the rest of the series. But there's s a reason why he's like that so have patience.
What is grammer _(」∠ 、ン、)_

Jul 4, 2015 8:17 PM

Jul 2010
I was worried that i'm going to be disappointed, because it happens kind of often when i hype something too much, but damn that was good.Best start of the season so far IMO.Now i'm just hoping that Akagami no Shirayuki-hime won't disappoint me too and i'm all happy ^^
Jul 4, 2015 8:18 PM

Dec 2014
Whoa, I'm liking the environment.The animation is quite beautiful, the OP and ED as well. I have a strong feeling this is going to end up being a gem of this season. Also, I think Adelt is going to make a fine MC. And Nashetania, well, she has bunny ears, need I say more? Looking forward to the other braves and what's in store.
Jul 4, 2015 8:20 PM

Dec 2014
Akanezora said:

Also, the ED is too lovely.

Yeah, one of my favorites this season for sure.
Jul 4, 2015 8:20 PM
Jan 2015
First episode of this thing was pretty amazing. Orchestral score blew me away, for one thing that immediately stands out.

Hopefully it keeps up. Now to just avoid the forums so people don't spoil everything since the LNs are already 5 deep.
Jul 4, 2015 8:25 PM

Aug 2013
damn, I really love this kind fantasy genre anime
this is going to be gr8!
I must watching this
Jul 4, 2015 8:41 PM

Jun 2013
That was an incredible first episode!!!
Jul 4, 2015 8:45 PM

Jan 2013
Pretty awesome first episode. Godly animation and very interesting characters. The world building also got me hooked. I love stories like this in anime. I really like the character of princess bunny ears. I know nothing of its light novel counterpart but I am very excited for this.
Jul 4, 2015 8:51 PM

Jul 2014
Are the bunny ears decoration or something? If not, how the hell did she hide them while pretending to be a maid? And if it is, considering this has an Aztec-ish setting, are those bunny ears dismembered from a real bunny? Lol.

Hidden gem of the season maybe? Every second was entertaining, and I hope it stays like this for the rest of the episodes.
Jul 4, 2015 9:11 PM
Oct 2010
Good start, I enjoy the MCs personality. The great animation and fitting OST are just pluses.
Jul 4, 2015 9:27 PM

Jan 2014
Decent 1st episode.

+1 for that animation and that epic fight.

Jul 4, 2015 9:37 PM
Oct 2012
When it comes down to it, the only real criteria of a show is: does it get you to watch the next episode.

This show had things to entice a viewer, it also had things to make the viewer cynical. But it had nothing, at least in my mind, to suggest that I shouldn't watch the next episode.

So in this regard, successful animation.
Jul 4, 2015 10:08 PM

Dec 2013
I was really surprised that they've already mentioned Heroes from the past, but otherwise I really can't complain. The change of the setting doesn't bother me and Adlet and Nashetania's personalities were captured perfectly so let's see in what way the rest of the story will unfold.
Jul 4, 2015 10:27 PM

Feb 2012
promising first episode. I wonder who's the bad guy of the 7 heroes.
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
Jul 4, 2015 10:28 PM
Oct 2010
lisasa said:
I was really surprised that they've already mentioned Heroes from the past, but otherwise I really can't complain. The change of the setting doesn't bother me and Adlet and Nashetania's personalities were captured perfectly so let's see in what way the rest of the story will unfold.

What I'm more surprised (and enjoyed) is that they modeled the princess homeland after the south/central american empires. You don't really see that culture being used often in anything so it was cool to see it.

Also it was a bit interesting (and I suppose foreshadowing) that at least one of the saints always dies in the battle. Even in the first one (although they don't out right say it) if you follow the picture you can see the fire woman is dead when they defeat the demon.
Jul 4, 2015 10:32 PM

Dec 2010
Nice, very nice! Looks promising too! The MC might be a bit arrogant but I don't mind it at all. Really looking forward to the next episode!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rokka no Yuusha Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 19, 2015

983 by ItsViny »»
Apr 22, 7:36 PM

Poll: » Who is the strongest of the braves? ( 1 2 )

jbeat - Jul 25, 2015

65 by Talamare »»
Apr 16, 4:00 PM

Poll: » Rokka no Yuusha Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 11, 2015

292 by alphxmane »»
Jan 10, 9:49 PM

Poll: » Do you have a favorite character? ( 1 2 3 )

IncestEmblem - Aug 18, 2015

111 by Gator »»
Nov 29, 2023 12:41 PM

Poll: » Rokka no Yuusha Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 12, 2015

884 by Gator »»
Nov 29, 2023 8:18 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.