Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
My Youth Romantic Comedy Is Wrong, As I Expected (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
May 8, 2015 2:15 PM

May 2011
Looks like the ground is starting to crumble under Hachiman's feet.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 8, 2015 2:21 PM

Jun 2013
Great episode, isshiki was pretty adorable this episode also :)
May 8, 2015 2:24 PM

Sep 2014
Was 8man a bit cooler than usual :D?
May 8, 2015 3:19 PM

Sep 2014
I don't think I can take much more of that girl from Hachiman's Junior High.... Every time she opens her mouth, I feel a strong urge to click the mute button. I can't stand people like that.
May 8, 2015 3:32 PM

Jun 2014
I couldn't understand the meeting at all... 8man's monologue was funny.
The atmosphere in the club is really awkward, I guess Yukino has no energy for what she thinks is a meaningless friendship?? Maybe?? Idk.
He has a weird chemistry with Isshiki, it works somehow.
May 8, 2015 3:36 PM

Aug 2009
8man maximum snark this episode XD

Oh god those hand gestures and the other student council spouting gibberish, this episode was the best so far. Seriously I laughed so damn hard. I agree Iroha is stealing the spot light and I seriously wish 8man would just tell Orimoto to stfu, cause every time she opens her mouth all she does is talk shit about him.
LoneWolfMay 8, 2015 8:58 PM

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
May 8, 2015 3:46 PM

Feb 2009
I feel like this anime season is literally going to be Hachiman trying to fix what he broke by giving the club and their friendships some meaning however it's just going to end up not working and the ending will be all of them drifting apart.

May 8, 2015 4:08 PM

Jan 2013
Pretty good episode, such nonsense spoken in the student council. They're not even talking about anything specific, it's all generalities.
May 8, 2015 4:26 PM

Dec 2011
Dear me... Tamanawa was even more annoying than in the LN, not to mention that hand gestures as well. Ugh!
May 8, 2015 4:31 PM

Apr 2013
looool! All that hand movements and all those ideas that had no substance had me on the floor.
Funny episode.
May 8, 2015 4:55 PM

Apr 2015
Fawkey said:
Sigh... that's a very shallow way of looking at relationships. What if there is an unavoidable person that you don't like, a colleague perhaps? Would you ignore them? Remember back in season 1 when Shizuka told them that they had to learn how to put up with people from other groups (episode 7)? You don't have to be friends, but you have to learn how to keep a cordial relationship with them.

And this is a very shallow reasoning. Basically this is like telling me to "just put up with them". such relationships can't be any more superficial, and 8man/Yukino got this perfectly right. There will always be people you won't have a good chemistry with, and its completely your choice if you'll try to find that needle in the haystack or simply decide that finding it is a waste of your time and spend it in something more productive/make you richer.

personally I chose the latter. most otaku are after all.
kidlat020May 8, 2015 5:19 PM
>I had no brain when I was 12
>Then everyone must had no brain when they were 12
>I experimented 100 samples and proved that they had no brain when they were 12
>Therefore children cannot consent

This is what science has done to humanity.
May 8, 2015 5:00 PM

Sep 2012
uwaah,,, talking tamanawa is far more annoying than in LN.
and the rejection stuff was funny.
May 8, 2015 5:05 PM

Mar 2015
The student council meetings reminded me of this kid from high school who was just so great at bs - ing things... no one would understand what he was saying, but he won everyone over. Hysterical. Can't help but wonder if they even know what they're doing (the other school) and if they are going to just take advantage of Iroha not knowing what the hell she's doing.

And yeah, Orimoto is awful. Those are the type of people I really dislike. What is you're freaking purpose in bashing Hachiman .
May 8, 2015 5:14 PM

Jun 2008
nitro_cyanide said:
JustALEX said:

I think this anime is suffering from the "Haruhi Effect".....except Haruhi was actually entertaining and things actually happened in that anime in a much more frequent basis.

Bit off topic, but what I call the "Haruhi effect" is when people ask what's the correct order in watching every anime.

I'm not sure if it's a real thing or not, but...

For me the "Haruhi effect" is when an anime is highly praised because of something niche within the anime and not because of the hard substance.

All this anime is, is very angsty teens living out their daily lives.

And YES, I understand MOST school comedies/SOLs/romance anime are also about angsty teens....but goddamn, where is the entertainment?
May 8, 2015 5:32 PM
Jan 2011
This is a generic romance drama but Hachiman makes it different. Usually the MC is a nice guy that all the females want for absolutely no reason besides being nice. Hachiman as a character wants to live outside of societal and high school norms.He could probably start a cult with his philosophy on life.
May 8, 2015 5:35 PM

Oct 2011
Those hand movements : 0
May 8, 2015 5:36 PM
Jan 2011
ichii_1 said:
PhantomViewer said:
There are some relationships that can't be fixed, for example, Hachiman and orimoto. After her behavior would you really keep on talking to her? I would ignore everything she says, because that is a relationship that is obviously not wanted.

And this is why you don't have real friends.
Why even bother with other humans if you abandon them the second you have a fight.

I wouldn't count Orimoto as a friend. Would you hang out with someone that spread rumors about you and bashes you every chance they got? Who would want to hang out with a horrible person like that?
May 8, 2015 5:37 PM

Mar 2010
Decent episode of how talking much doesnt get you anywhere.

I wonder if those hands were a reference of some sort of person? I wonder where did they get the idea to use those hand movements.. i
May 8, 2015 5:50 PM

Aug 2013
Really starting to ship Iroha over here
May 8, 2015 5:57 PM

May 2013
"Woman, it's too late to correct yourself." Iroha's pretty cute. Should I start shipping...
Tamanawa is a perfect example of a politician. Such hypocrisy. Such hand movements. Although, I love how Hachiman tried to negotiate with him.

Orimoto is back and still a bit annoying. Then she just freakin' laughs at Hachiman's club!
"Seriously, it's no laughing matter." Lady, you have no idea.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
May 8, 2015 5:59 PM

Apr 2014
Gestures...GESTURES EVERYWHERE!!!

Isshiki might not realise it,but as I see it she's already caught inside Hachiman's harem net.Now we just have to wait for him to tie it up. :P

P.S.=Didn't that b*tch get burnt enough last time,and now she came for seconds?Please,someone call Hayama with his flamethrower.
May 8, 2015 6:10 PM

Apr 2014
Iroha working hard to climb her way up the annoying girl tier list.
May 8, 2015 6:24 PM

Sep 2013
I really like Isshiki. So cute haha.
May 8, 2015 6:25 PM

Jan 2015
kidlat020 said:
Fawkey said:
Sigh... that's a very shallow way of looking at relationships. What if there is an unavoidable person that you don't like, a colleague perhaps? Would you ignore them? Remember back in season 1 when Shizuka told them that they had to learn how to put up with people from other groups (episode 7)? You don't have to be friends, but you have to learn how to keep a cordial relationship with them.

And this is a very shallow reasoning. Basically this is like telling me to "just put up with them". such relationships can't be any more superficial, and 8man/Yukino got this perfectly right. There will always be people you won't have a good chemistry with, and its completely your choice if you'll try to find that needle in the haystack or simply decide that finding it is a waste of your time and spend it in something more productive/make you richer.

And Hachiman, Yukino, and Yui chose the former. They believe that they have indeed found the needle in the heystack, so they are prepared to make sacrifices for it. Hachiman and Yukino might not realize it, but they value their club so much that they willingly set aside their ideals and convictions (temporarily?) just to preserve it.

This can be seen from Hachiman's attempts to observe Hayama's clique -- he wanted to learn how Hayama and co are able to sustain such 'shallow' relationships, hoping to be able to apply it to his own little group. Moreover, Yukino is obviously putting up fronts. Despite no noticeable changes in her monotonous voice, and despite managing to fake a smile, we could clearly see her pained expression all throughout her screen time this episode. She is bottling it up, but she's probably at her limit. Props to Studio Feel, they nailed it. Yui, on the other hand, is completely aware of how much she treasures the club, and is unafraid to make drastic moves to preserve it, as seen from her willingness to run for SC President. She does not share Hachiman's and Yukino's need to shun the so-called 'superficiality'. (She is a part of Hayama's clique after all.)

Our main trio are thus portrayed to be not so noble so as to stick to petty ideals when faced with problems that hit really close to home. They are not above the influence of their emotions and so they are prone to succumb to its power in the face of adversity. From where I stand, I think that their reactions are just human, all too human.

Bleh. All this discussion may come across as

to some haters.
supracseduchMay 8, 2015 6:32 PM
May 8, 2015 6:26 PM

Jul 2014
I dont wanna see yukino anymore, i hope we get a break from her like this eppisode. More iroha and always more YUI. Also orimotos laughs are getting addictive
Shirayuki= Most Perfect Female MC ever
May 8, 2015 7:12 PM

Sep 2013
NoonSsa said:
Hope they make OVA of Iroha dating Hachiman. In volume 10.5

So 8man dates 8man actually date Iroha?

Also, those fucking hand gestures pissed me off. Seriously, wtf.
There's no magical spell to save someone's life.
May 8, 2015 7:16 PM

Apr 2015
supracseduch said:
kidlat020 said:

And Hachiman, Yukino, and Yui chose the former. They believe that they have indeed found the needle in the heystack, so they are prepared to make sacrifices for it. Hachiman and Yukino might not realize it, but they value their club so much that they willingly set aside their ideals and convictions (temporarily?) just to preserve it.

This can be seen from Hachiman's attempts to observe Hayama's clique -- he wanted to learn how Hayama and co are able to sustain such 'shallow' relationships, hoping to be able to apply it to his own little group. Moreover, Yukino is obviously putting up fronts. Despite no noticeable changes in her monotonous voice, and despite managing to fake a smile, we could clearly see her pained expression all throughout her screen time this episode. She is bottling it up, but she's probably at her limit. Props to Studio Feel, they nailed it. Yui, on the other hand, is completely aware of how much she treasures the club, and is unafraid to make drastic moves to preserve it, as seen from her willingness to run for SC President. She does not share Hachiman's and Yukino's need to shun the so-called 'superficiality'. (She is a part of Hayama's clique after all.)

Our main trio are thus portrayed to be not so noble so as to stick to petty ideals when faced with problems that hit really close to home. They are not above the influence of their emotions and so they are prone to succumb to its power in the face of adversity. From where I stand, I think that their reactions are just human, all too human.

Bleh. All this discussion may come across as

to some haters.

And there's the problem. you're really trying to push me "to put up" with someone as bitchy as orimoto. Well, I'm not saying orimoto can't be righted. She --can-- be righted, but that will take Samaritan amounts of effort and drama. On the other hand, if no one would tell her she's wrong she'll stay a bitch.

>I had no brain when I was 12
>Then everyone must had no brain when they were 12
>I experimented 100 samples and proved that they had no brain when they were 12
>Therefore children cannot consent

This is what science has done to humanity.
May 8, 2015 7:36 PM

Apr 2011
~♥~ Otaku + Otaku - Otaku = Otaku ~♥~
May 8, 2015 8:38 PM

Aug 2013
Alright everyone! Time for the word of the day!

Gesticulation. noun: A gesture, especially a dramatic one, used instead of speaking or to emphasize one's words.
"The Student Council President punctuated his speech with wild gesticulations"
synonyms: gesturing, gesture, hand movement, signals, signs; wave, indication;
body language.

Also, buzzwords are pretty much the worst thing ever. Those guys need to be clubbed over the head like baby seals every time they let one slip into this world.
May 8, 2015 9:35 PM

Feb 2014
I think that guy has Parkinson's syndrome or maybe he is indeed rubbing imaginary breasts
May 8, 2015 9:57 PM

Sep 2014
As much as I liked Yukinon in season 1, she's really starting to get on my nerves now. I can't look past her bitchy nature anymore

This new blonde girl is more interesting, so I'm swapping sides.
May 8, 2015 10:08 PM

Aug 2012

May 8, 2015 10:19 PM

Feb 2010
This episode features the Japanese side of weaboos
"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."

May 8, 2015 10:37 PM

Jan 2011
ughhh why was this episode trying to make me like Isshiki...and why is it working..

seriously thought i was watching a press conference with this guy and his never ending hand gesture

-so much rage
May 8, 2015 11:32 PM

Feb 2015
kidlat020 said:
Fawkey said:

How is that going to benefit society? Who is reasoning shallowly now? You need to know how to deal with all kinds of people in order to create a working relationship with them. As long as you have non-superficial relationships in your life, having superficial ones is not a problem, but a solution. Otherwise, good luck just staying at home doing nothing useful with your life.
May 8, 2015 11:34 PM
Aug 2011
lol jesus christ, this hands guy is the worst

AlexTheRiot said:

this anime riding on Chihaya's coattails I see.
May 8, 2015 11:51 PM

Jan 2011
Hmm, yes but we need more actualisation. Oh and don't forget to try some forward thinking and giddily wacker poodles.
May 8, 2015 11:56 PM

Nov 2008
ReaperCreeper said:
Hmm, yes but we need more actualisation. Oh and don't forget to try some forward thinking and giddily wacker poodles.

use this gif to attack preaching individuals or if they're speaking with contradiction or if you can't win an argument xDD lol

this is the birth of a new meme

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
May 8, 2015 11:56 PM

Dec 2014
Dat brainstorming scene

The other school council members trying to look professional but just talking lots of nonsense and Hachiman imitating them.
May 9, 2015 12:00 AM

Jan 2014
Still with Yukinon x Hachiman.

Anyways, I believe Hachiman taking the responsibility from the club and his little speech before speaking with Iroha shows that he wants to fix the issue regarding the triangle friendship in the club. I mean, it's obvious Hachiman is still not okay since he is still not drinking MAX COFFEE!!
May 9, 2015 12:15 AM

Jan 2013
JustALEX said:
nitro_cyanide said:

Bit off topic, but what I call the "Haruhi effect" is when people ask what's the correct order in watching every anime.

I'm not sure if it's a real thing or not, but...

For me the "Haruhi effect" is when an anime is highly praised because of something niche within the anime and not because of the hard substance.

All this anime is, is very angsty teens living out their daily lives.

And YES, I understand MOST school comedies/SOLs/romance anime are also about angsty teens....but goddamn, where is the entertainment?

The entertainment is already right there, and part of it consists of using your brain. That's the kind of anime Oregairu is. It won't shove all answers right into your face. Think deeply about the stuff you don't fully understand. You're missing more than half of what's going on, and more than half of the entertainment with it.
What you're doing right now is like watching a series with no subtitles and no sound.

If you don't like using your head when watching anime, then I guess this one's not for you.
Naoki-SatenMay 9, 2015 12:26 AM
May 9, 2015 12:27 AM
Nov 2013
Isshiki is a bad president lol, but it's not like the rest of the members in student council are any good either haha. Those hand movements and all that talk was nonsense.

I still wonder why Hachiman took this on by himself without Yui or Yukino. The awkwardness in the service club is as awkward as ever.
May 9, 2015 12:52 AM

Dec 2009
My gawd, its one thing for the pres of that school to act like an idiot, its another to find four more of the same type and put them in the student council to support his idiotic speech patterns.

Well anyway, i'm quite pleasantly suprised on the direction hachiman is going. So much development in this ep for him. Series is really starting to get going now.

Those hand gestures, god i want to break his elbows.
May 9, 2015 1:52 AM

Dec 2014
r0ykun said:
Isshiki is a bad president lol, but it's not like the rest of the members in student council are any good either haha. Those hand movements and all that talk was nonsense.

I still wonder why Hachiman took this on by himself without Yui or Yukino. The awkwardness in the service club is as awkward as ever.

Well, he push the candidacy of sc prez to Iroha who does not want it at the beginning of the previous arc. He felt a little responsible for doing that to her, especially the tricking part.
And for derailing the candidacy of both Yukino and Yui, he felt guilty about it but mainly to Yukino.
Including them on the task of helping the current SC after what he did to Yukinon & Yui seems a bit cruel.
May 9, 2015 1:54 AM
Dec 2013
Compare the atmosphere of the club from ep1 and this ep haha :(
May 9, 2015 2:09 AM

Mar 2015
zeron824 said:
Still with Yukinon x Hachiman.

Anyways, I believe Hachiman taking the responsibility from the club and his little speech before speaking with Iroha shows that he wants to fix the issue regarding the triangle friendship in the club. I mean, it's obvious Hachiman is still not okay since he is still not drinking MAX COFFEE!!

Umm this is kind of weird for me to ask, but if you're with Yukinon x Hachiman, why is your profile picture is with Yui x Hachiman?

May 9, 2015 2:12 AM

Aug 2013
What really hit me hard in this episode is the fact that the Service Club is on the verge of breaking down. The heavy atmosphere (even heavier than eps 4), Yukino gradually losing motivation, and Hachiman accepting request silently behind their back. it was so . . . touching to see how the characters' poor communication and reluctance can be very devastating to look at. At this point, not even Yui's cheerful words can do anything. The damage's done and i'm actually looking forward to see how they will be able to repair this.
May 9, 2015 2:29 AM

Jan 2015
Krizalid- said:
In the end Hachiman has become one of the boys Iroha is "juggling" on her own whims.

How is he different from for example, Tobe now?

I'd say 8man is different because he, somewhat, understands how Iroha thinks and feels. Although from a standpoint it looks like she is taking advantage of him, she is just looking for support from the one who put her in that situation. Besides Iroho is herself around 8man.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
May 9, 2015 2:47 AM

Oct 2012
Oh my, this was brilliant on so many levels!

Those gestures totally got me :D Yet at the same time and with that corporate-speak they managed to emphasize how awkward whole situation was. And Hikki's taking over the initiative was great.

I wonder how Iroha feels though. It may not seem obvious but she isn't very confident herself, not to mention she is simple exhausted by sheer amount of workload and the pressure other council members are giving her because of her unability to enforce their school's demands by sheer assertivity. It's pretty tough position she's in and I think Hachiman is the only reason why she haven't given up yet. I liked their mutual moments and his gesture with shopping bag - that just explained their relationship more than thousand words. I wonder how he saves the day for her this time and I'm very curious what their further relationship will be.

Those conversations with his former classmate are also great. It seems Kaori got some interest in Hikki as he surprised her by his action, even though it's more like fake interest in people who are capable of great things in the end (that's also a reason why she went to the meeting with members of her school as she clearly didn't understand what was this all about too). She is precisely that type of woman who is interested only when she sees that you have special relation with someone (as she thought Hikki had girlfriend).

Stiffy atmosphere in the club was also one of great high-points of this episode. It's very clear that the club doesn't work anymore and the people there have very hard time dealing with each other. It kinda remind me of real life as those situations are very hard to solve (if not impossible). Disbandment of it can be very real option as both Yui and Yukino can't even communicate with Hikki now as we saw with his awkward non-conversation with Yui early in this episode.

And again we were also decently hinted that Miura loves Hayato and that Yui loves Hikki. Too bad their love is unrequited.

All in all - I want more episodes like this!
Mich666May 9, 2015 2:54 AM
May 9, 2015 2:57 AM

Aug 2009
Wahahahaha!! Laugh so hard on this episode. XD
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2015

1002 by venbals »»
Mar 29, 10:59 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2015

556 by venbals »»
Mar 29, 1:08 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 21, 2015

667 by venbals »»
Mar 16, 10:16 PM

» Help me understand the whole drama ( 1 2 )

GuidSMR - Apr 4, 2023

65 by NaughtySempai »»
Feb 26, 8:34 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 30, 2015

374 by Quirky_Capybara »»
Feb 8, 11:42 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.