Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »
Jun 10, 2015 12:00 PM

Jun 2010
I think the story is evolving too slowly because there's only 13 episodes.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 10, 2015 12:11 PM

Jun 2010
It was too obvious even from the previous episode that tsukasa might shoot isla.
poor marcy and souta. I really wanted her to avoid being a wanderer.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 11, 2015 11:39 AM

Oct 2008
[caffeine] is totally delayed.
Tsukasa -> Annoying MC is Annoying! PERIOD!

Jun 15, 2015 11:41 PM
Jul 2018
Oh nice! A more action oriented episode and the full flashback of Michuru’s wanderer father. If something does happen to Isla she seriously has no one to blame for herself :/
Jun 30, 2015 1:38 PM

Jan 2011
DERKRAKEN said:
To avoid the plot holes, simply turn off your brain while watching.

Some Most of the holes I just can not ignore, argh~
So far this show is pretty disappointing to be honest. Q_Q
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Jul 8, 2015 10:39 AM

Dec 2010
Psycho-Pass harder.

Great episode anyways. Spring's best.

mr_sam21 said:
Isla s dead flag is getting higher and higher ..
You mean, the "she has a few months" flag? Yeah, that's a death flag for your.

mr_sam21 said:
I just want her to have a happy ending preferable without her dying .. Oh God please :D
Somehow I don't see this show going for a deus ex machina ending.
Jul 12, 2015 4:51 AM

May 2014
What, did he really shot Isla?

MasterMeNL said:
DERKRAKEN said:
To avoid the plot holes, simply turn off your brain while watching.
Some Most of the holes I just can not ignore, argh~
They sure are annoying...
Jul 15, 2015 10:52 AM

May 2012
Damn that ending :/ pretty sad it had to go like that! I do wonder what will happen next!

That Dominator though :v
Jul 18, 2015 1:45 AM

Jan 2014
Nice episode, although lacked of a good script, for me.
The show in general doesn't have a nice script.
Jul 20, 2015 12:31 AM

Mar 2015
Well that is awful.... the feel hits me like a truck.

I feel bad for Michiru watching his dad killed in front of her. It explained why she's a tsundere though.

Marcia the cheerful girl... because of that motherfucker in the last episode and Souta's stupidity... aww damn.... Isla too?

I need a break.

Jul 21, 2015 11:16 AM

Jun 2009
I just gotta bitch about this again:

Why the FUCK would anyone built androids this way? And why are humans using them in the first place? It makes no sense. Will this ever get explained? The entire premise of this show is retarded.

Some thoughts about the episode:
- Tsukasa is as annoying as ever.
- How the hell did the brat even get there?
- Psycho Pass ripoff

I'm really starting to dislike this show.
grandy_UiDJul 21, 2015 11:19 AM
Jul 24, 2015 6:09 AM
Jul 2018
The worst episode so far. There was a lot of stupid staff (looking for black market retriever in...shopping mall). In order to get to retriever's hideout they had to get tips from their informer, then they had to drive a car, pass by the security and find Marcia. So, how Souta showed up there? How he knew where to find them? How he got there? How he passed by the security guards? Secondly, when Giftia become Wanderer, it's faster then F1 car, it kicks higher and more accurate then Bruce Lee - how does that compare with the fall in productivity of Giftia's bodies? Thirdly, I was irritated by Tsukasa - a robot is smothering a child, but our protagonist doesn't have the heart to bump it off, because the day before they ate strawberry cake together...-2/5 for this episode :P
Aug 6, 2015 8:23 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
This was such a sad and mind destroying episode. Poor Michiru, her father goes berserk and she's forced to watch him die. That was like 100+ bullets on him, and then Kazuki's leg gets shattered.

I hated Tsukasa this episode. He has that gun for last resort and he has trouble using it. All he has to do is quickly pull the trigger, but nope he has to get all emotional. I'd be sad as well if I was in his position but seeing Marcia choke Souta, come on Souta, act quick.
Seems like Isla might have taken the bullet.

That bygones line reminded me of "let bagons be bagons" from Pokemon.

Aug 6, 2015 8:40 PM

Jul 2015
This was a really intense episode.
Aug 18, 2015 12:45 AM
Sleepy

Nov 2014
So a gun that can hurt androids only and only humans can use it. Psycho-Pass anyone?
Sep 24, 2015 11:01 PM

Dec 2012
I was on the fence with this show up until this episode where it decided to go full retard.

So many things devoid of logic, some others that just annoyed me. Time to make a list as usual!

1. Is every episode going to be on this note? 'emotional' moment for characters that just appeared for the first time? That's not going to work.
2. Why did Souta leave his house?
3. How did Souta know where Marcia was? (no seriously, first he has to go to the specific sealed area and THEN find her before the 50+ people looking for her).
4. How did Souta get inside a restricted area? I thought soldiers were surrounding the place.
5. If robots become murderous killing machines, what do the Terminal Service members have to do with this anymore? Why are they exposing themselves like that? Isn't their role more on the diplomatic side of things? None of them seem to be trained for combat.
6. Why, why do they keep treating a 'wanderer' as something worth protecting? It's no longer human-like, why are they so considerate towards it? Just kill it before he kills you or other innocent people.
7. Marcia knocks Isla out, and is arguably about to murder Souta in cold blood... MC just watches. Is this a last resort situation? I think it is. Why the fuck are you not firing your gun? Proceeds to let Marcia get away with Souta.
8. Isla and Tsukasa searched more than 24 hours with no success. But lo and behold as they are the only ones to find Marcia TWICE in the span of 1 hour, while dozens of useless soldiers couldn't.
9. Souta is somehow not dead after he was kidnapped all this time.
10. Obviously already a wanderer, and as such very dangerous, yet our braindead MC gives her his hand... why? What the fuck would you do after that? What's the point in saving a useless empty case?
11. Souta is being choked by the robot, could be thrown any second at a wall using max. force, but he's still not firing.
12. Pointless and fucking stupid 'cliffhanger' implies that Isla blocked the shot with her body. Why would ANYONE do that? It's like blocking a bullet flying towards a terminally ill person or sacrificing yourself as a young man to save a 95 years old geezer.

This is unrelated but stating that Isla has less than 3 months to live kinda makes watching this pointless. Either predictable 'feels' farewell or deus ex machina where she gets to keep her memories. No other way around it.

At this rate I will never find out. Dropping if next ep is just as stupid.

PS: How the majority rated this episode as 5/5 says a lot about MAL users.
InfatuateSep 24, 2015 11:06 PM

I don't watch as much anime as before...
Dec 4, 2015 8:46 PM

Jun 2013
^ To build on this:

I'll tell ya, it's hard watching a show like this as a person with an engineering background. I'm loving the Tsukasa/Isla relationship going on, but there are so many technical things about giftias that make me go, "WHYYYYY?"

Why on earth would these androids, given their purpose, ever be built with the physical capability to do something like lift a car (and jump over buildings... and snap Kazuki'ssomeone's leg in half like a toothpick...)? I can see how some degree of enhanced strength would be useful, especially for the giftias that work in the retrieval department, but to make a consumer-grade model that powerful? These giftias are supposed to PEOPLE, not the God damn NS-5s from I-Robot.

Also, if this whole "wanderer" thing is a known and dangerous issue for giftias that reach the end of their lifespans, one that's likely to cause serious harm to your company should any property be damaged or, worse, any person be injured/killed, you don't just say, "Eh, we'll deal with it when it happens on a case-by-case basis." You go back to the drawing board to come up with preventive measures. For example, why not a fail-safe mechanism to detect when program corruption occurs and power down the giftias accordingly? Maybe even something as simplistic as a timer to automatically power down the giftia after ~81,920 hours? The point being you shouldn't need a team of people, including a third-party, armed contractor to do what was done this episode, when clearly this society has the technology to implement such counter measures directly into the giftias. However, I guess SAI is a big corporation, and we all know how $$$ can influence corporations to skirt around safety issues until something bad happens and they're forced to do something about it.

*deep breath*

That being said, I understand that this isn't really the point behind the show, so I can let it slide somwhat. So in spite of my harsh tone, it really isn't a big detractor for the show overall, but I can't help myself from thinking about these things sometimes. After all, as HaXXspetten-senpai so eloquently put: "Despite the premise, the anime is in fact not about the retrieval of various Giftias, nor is it about the SAI Corporation itself or any of the other people working there. Plastic Memories is about Tsukasa, and it is about Isla."

Oh yeah, how DID Souta get past that barricade?
-Trippwire-Dec 5, 2015 7:35 PM
Jan 20, 2016 5:48 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
All Tsukasa had to do was pull the trigger while Souta was passed out. End of problem with no disaster effects. With a weak protagonist the drama just rains down all around like the weather in this episode. It's anime so it's to be expected....lol.
Mar 2, 2016 4:46 PM

May 2015
This episode felt cheap and rushed with how the story was flowing. Not really enjoying this arc. We shall see how the rest of this turns out.
Mar 20, 2016 1:38 AM

Mar 2008
this anime requires so too much suspension of disbelief

at first, I thought this would be like AnoHana (first episode), then I just settled for expecting a slice of life romantic anime and now it turned into some kind of cheap psycho-pass thingy... way worse though
still not sure what this anime is aiming for, would've been better if it stayed as option 1 or 2.
this overdramatisation is so ridiculous
Mar 26, 2016 8:44 PM

Feb 2014
--Ok... I hope that shot didn't hit Isla, please.... no plot conveniences or whatever, please. Or I will get really mad.

--This episode really reminded me of Psycho Pass, which was not a good thing since I dislike that anime.

--Ok, I'll deduce that the androids were created to help people, but... why create them with so much over power? Why create them using 'human souls'? Maybe they'll answer later...?
Oh... some people know the androids will have to be "erased" (forgot the term used) in the future but they'll still buy(??) these androids and then they'll get mad or complain when the time to "erase" them come?

PS.: How the hell that boy got to that isolated place all by himself...? -.-" Well, already a plot convenience? =P
TechOtakuMar 26, 2016 9:06 PM
Mar 27, 2016 9:27 PM

Mar 2015
Serious is not my forte. Bring back Romance, men.

2.6/5
Apr 16, 2016 6:03 AM

Sep 2014
HybridMBL said:
Plastic Memories turned into Psycho Pass
hahha I was thinking the same thing xD But that's a good thing because I love psycho pass!
Platinum-PalaceApr 16, 2016 6:13 AM
The afternoon has gently passed me by
The evening spreads its sail against the sky
Waiting for tomorrow
Just another day
God bid yesterday goodbye...
Apr 26, 2016 10:20 AM
Oct 2015
I really don't see why Michiru and Kazuki have a problem with that security firm. Kazuki's leg injury is her own fault for trying to terminate the programming of near death machine, which we know, goes crazy and does so with superhuman strenght, and that only happened because Michiru refused to give her "dad" over to the retrievel team.

So their anger towards that company is basically bowling down to those two refusing to take responsibility for their own, and in my eyes stupid, actions. I mean seriusly, let the guys with the guns take care of that which wants to kill you...
May 11, 2016 10:12 PM

Sep 2011
He better not have killed Isla because I was hoping for a better death for her later in the series. (smh)
Jul 2, 2016 3:26 PM
May 2013
This looked more like a Tokyo Ghoul x Psycho-pass crossover , shooting ghouls with dominators .
I'm still wondering how the kid caught up with them since no taxi was shown, well probably he plans to become a runner or a race car .
New theory: he is actually John Cena undercover .
Jul 3, 2016 9:08 AM
Apr 2016
I-I can't even put it into words...this was without doubt one of the most exuberant animation that 2015 had alongside with Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso aka Your Lie in April.
It was quite impressive how the writers weren't afraid to let Isla go...giving her an adequate way of saying goodbye.

I really liked how this anime squeezed the tears out of me...it was an emotional experience that I'm looking forward to experience once again,or maybe more than once,I hope...

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
ShockedAug 1, 2016 10:13 AM
Jul 20, 2016 7:17 AM

Jun 2016
Why dafaq Isla!!!
Aug 1, 2016 6:20 AM

Oct 2015
really starting to like that boss for her attitude xD
Dec 14, 2016 11:53 PM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
Wow, amazing how a Giftia can jump that high on buildings.

Really, though...I'm surprised the government was okay with legalizing these kinds of products, yes products, into the world.
Jan 22, 2017 9:53 PM

Dec 2016
Poor Marcia, she deserved so much better than that.

I really hope Isla is ok, that was such an emotionally charged scene seeing her trying to save those 2.
Apr 2, 2017 4:12 PM
Jan 2012
Poor Marcia. Also, I wonder what happened to Isla.
MistyBlue said:
products, yes products, into the world.
You are so edgy!
Aug 10, 2017 11:24 PM
Aug 2017
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh nice, so this picks up from last time.

Pretty tense episode in terms of content and the way society treats certain individuals. Wow, I was not expecting the events of violence to unfold like that with the soldiers opening fire during the's tragic flashback.

Terminator spotted The feeling of despair ;_;

yes... thats right pretty tense episode
Aug 26, 2017 11:07 PM

Dec 2014
5/5 That was tragic...

i don't care if the black market scum is already beaten, i am gonna break the hell out of his bones and make sure that he'll never walk again...

Pretty intense, i did not expect violence in the anime...wow, when Marcia jump up to the building roof, it reminded me of ghost and the shell, then there's the gun, that somewhat similar to Dominator from psycho pass.
C8V0HS5Aug 26, 2017 11:16 PM
Sep 4, 2017 6:49 PM
Jul 2016
That leg break and Michiru´s cry of facing one of your worst horrors... And like I suspected in episode 3 about Isla not wanting to have happy memories because of the eventual pain for all involved. And that cliffhanger ending x(
Jan 9, 2018 11:34 AM

Dec 2017
HybridMBL said:
Plastic Memories turned into Psycho Pass

Yes! I thought that all the time because of these two-pair-teams but this gun-like thing turned it now even more into Psycho Pass xD
I like this show better, though. A lot more emotion in my opinion.
May 9, 2018 1:49 AM

May 2010
This was kinda predictible, gotta admit, but I still enjoyed it despite that.

"Mad" form of Wanderers is kinda scary, these yellow eyes. Ughhhh!
Jan 12, 2019 4:29 AM

Aug 2017
What a dumb episode.

It seems that nobody noticed but everything could have been avoided if they been more careful with the black market retriever. Not to mention that they were warned about that in the last episode. Yeah, let's find them in a shopping mall lmao.

Also, in this episode that place is being guarded by soldiers, so how did Souta get there? How did he find that place? Why they leave a kid alone? But Tsukasa!! Shoot her!! Why do you give her his hand? Still, I don't know why Michiru and Kazuki are angry with R. Security. Without them, both of them will be dead.

It's funny that Plastic Memories turned into Psycho Pass in one episode xD.

At least we have more information about Kinushima and Kazuki.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Mar 12, 2019 5:14 PM

Sep 2018
AW, HELL YEAH! ZOMBIE ROBOTS!!!
Apr 7, 2019 2:42 AM

Feb 2017
Bahahaha, this show is in shambles and we're less than halfway through. I doubt it can be salvaged, but that's okay because I'm looking forward to seeing how bad it gets. Btw I loved all the comments in this thread taking the piss out of this episode's writing.
May 8, 2019 4:46 PM

Mar 2018
the tone and atmosphere took a huge twist this episode with all the action that was not very present in previous episodes.
Jun 15, 2019 4:17 AM
Apr 2016
Well, my opinion of this show just drastically dropped. Terrible. Considering how inhumane she became after the expiration date, giftias by any means shouldn't be allowed, since the risk of them becoming a wanderer is very high. Considering how many people are reluctant about returning their giftias. That situation with Michiru's father, that was 100% Michiru's fault and those guys did the right thing, literally how stupid can this get, why are they making it seem like they did something bad, if not for them both Michiru and Kazuki would've been killed. Now, how in the heck balls did the kid get there? Wasn't that area supposed to be off-limit for most people? Seriously garbage. Listening to Kazuki, Tsukasa, and Michiru being childish about the current situation just annoys me relentlessly. Stop thinking with your emotions. Seriously.
blankJun 15, 2019 4:23 AM
Dec 31, 2019 2:02 PM

Sep 2017
No Michiru, I think your dad would have went rogue like that regardless of R. Security was there or not. We don't even know if Kazuki was carry her Dominator... er I mean whatever that weapon they use is, so they could both have died for all we know.
Oct 6, 2020 8:42 PM
Apr 2018
Uhm, weak episode. All of them suck at their job. Tsukasa trying to convince Marcia to go with him was ?????. The searching was so strange too: idk, I would've bet they had cameras everywhere so I think going to the police would've been more effective. They did warned R.Sec though...

Also Souta, somehow showing up right in that place. I was quite enjoying PM so far but this ep made me so confused
Dec 10, 2020 1:35 AM
Aug 2020
I know it must be so hard to shoot someone but Tsukasa was hesitating for too long like bro!!! the kid is about to die!!! hello!!! and shit did he shoot Isla too O_O ???
Jan 1, 2021 5:40 PM
May 2017
My first impression after 5 eps of this series :

i can't even get emotionally attached cause most of the characters are so Goddamn useless
Jan 11, 2021 10:30 PM

Aug 2019
i mean sure, yeh ok. Story is starting to ramp up a lot i'll give it that. The whole black-market smuggling deal was interesting, as well as it turning into a situation were the android target turned into a wandering death machine in a game of cat and mice, but from it, ngl this ep had a lot of what's and whys in it.

What i want to know rn more then anything, is how the fuck did the kid find them, and slip through a fucking private military's line. Don't tell me he actually managed to find their car while they were heading there, keep up with it, then slip past a private military force without thinking "hay i probably shouldn't do this". I'm sorry but i actually find that, kinda absurd and i get the feeling they only wanted this plot point of him being in the situation he is now, for emotional value.

Now, tbh i always had the feeling that Tsukasa was the "hero save everyone protagonist" type which i personally have no problems with, but man it's really showing now. Not really sure how to feel about him ignoring Kazuki telling him to pull back and NOT push Isla, but again that kid needs saving from the mess he got himself into. Either way Tsukasa's generic dense mc ability to ask any question and expect answers, did allow us to know Michiru full past with the events of her father becoming a wanderer which was interesting.

Also confused on why Isla decided to, charge at the target after Tsukasa, very clearly, pulled the trigger on the weapon that shoots a giant android killing death laser pointing at it.

Ngl, overall this episode had some good points, but the rest and general execution felt way off.
Apr 21, 2021 6:55 PM
Dec 2019
Why did the writers have to use this family for the arc?
It's so irritating when the younger sibling goes out on their own and just tangles themselves into the mess.
This feels like a military mission and the writers just slap the younger brother in there.
It's an anime cliche that I'm starting to get tired of seeing.
That scene with Michiru's father hit me pretty hard. It's also pretty symbolic that it happened within a church.
Michiru's been with the agency for a while then since Kazuki was talking to her comfortably.
I'm loving the art style and the animations for this anime so far.
Do you think Isla jumped in front of Tsukasa's shot right in the end there?
If this mission turns into an even bigger mess, I worry for what will happen to the agency since the manager was humiliated in that board meeting from the last episode.
Feb 13, 2023 2:28 PM

Mar 2019
I'm a bit confused as to how Souta reached that place but that has to be painful for him.

As for Tsukasa, he should have just listened to Kazuki. Isla kept saying how she will help and as Tsukasa saying no would break their friendship but at the same time she can't do anything. She had all the time in the world to use that weapon, but she decided to do it exactly when Tsukasa was about to shoot, which honestly was annoying, but oh no that ending is scary. What's going to happen?
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Mar 8, 2023 6:35 PM

Dec 2022
Souta didn't help that situation at all. Both times Marcia went insane there were a direct result of him calling out her name. Giftias seem to get such an exponential boost in power and speed when they become wanderers that I don't think that gun is going to cut it. It's essentially a tazer with a long charge time, and a wanderer could very easily close distance and attack in the time it takes to fire. Maybe we'll see a sniper model variant of it soon?

Don't understand how Souta got there, or why Isla decided to charge in with her seemingly useless sword after Tsukasa already fired, but maybe that'll be explained later.

Shaded Horizon

Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »

More topics from this board

» Are they really Android?

Animo_san - Apr 13

0 by Animo_san »»
Apr 13, 5:58 AM

Poll: » Plastic Memories Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2015

534 by Moonlit_whisper1 »»
Mar 22, 12:13 PM

Poll: » Plastic Memories Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2015

547 by Penguinu »»
Jan 16, 2:07 AM

» Plastic memories

Golden__Darkness - May 16, 2015

8 by Shinetizinho »»
Jan 13, 6:25 PM

» How did you feel while watching this and what impression did the anime leave on you? ( 1 2 )

sorames - Jun 8, 2023

50 by maximovich »»
Jan 12, 2:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.