Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 2, 2015 8:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh nice, so this picks up from last time.

Pretty tense episode in terms of content and the way society treats certain individuals. Wow, I was not expecting the events of violence to unfold like that with the soldiers opening fire during the's tragic flashback.

Terminator spotted The feeling of despair ;_;
Stark700May 2, 2015 11:36 AM
May 2, 2015 9:28 AM

Aug 2014
Haha, glad the Tsundere made it in time to the rescue.
Glad those two didn't get hurt. I would've been mad. >:[
But it was time for the blackmarket man to dispatch.
The feeling of anger grew into this episode too... the atmosphere felt panicky and off in my eyes.
May 2, 2015 11:23 AM

Jan 2014
So the way that was set up at the end I'm guessing

Anyone get the significance of the whiteboard before the credits?
May 2, 2015 11:25 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
I'm halfway through with the episode but I had to stop for a bit.....This episode is too much, I just can't deal with these feels TwT

That ending was tragic as fuck....These Wonderers are way too dangerous
TokoyaMay 2, 2015 8:43 PM
May 2, 2015 11:26 AM

Jul 2012
Wow that was intense. I hope the beam doesn't hit Isla.
May 2, 2015 11:28 AM

Jul 2014
That was... bad. Full of ass pulls (why the fuck would Souta go there? HOW did he get there? Why did the black market retriever just leave Souta to give a witness statement about him coming there? Why did the girl go into walker mode like 18 hours before the retrieval time? WHY would they set retrieval time for Giftias RIGHT AT THE END of their sanity, and not leave a buffer zone of at least a week?)

And the path this story took with the consequence of Giftia sentience is a bit cheesy, was hoping for something more well-developed.

This episode cost Plastic Memories 2 points. Cheap, lazy, trite.

And I bet Isla just took that bullet at the end. I see it now "oh we accidentally grazed Isla with a memory erasing bullet, it wasn't a clean enough hit to destroy ALL her memories so we just conveniently extended her life span and got rid of some not very important memories"
Red_TuesdayMay 2, 2015 11:34 AM
May 2, 2015 11:28 AM

Jun 2012
Plastic Memories turned into Psycho Pass
May 2, 2015 11:41 AM

Aug 2010
That was intense as hell :O

I'm glad it went this way. I was afraid it might go the "Black market guys selling her as a sex toy route" or sth like that so glad we got a Wanderer route instead :D

Didn't expect we'd get Michiru's flashback that early. Her dad really went berserk. Friggin crushed Kazuki's leg! And Michiru had to watch her dad get filled with "bullets" in front of her O_o DAMN!

I wonder if that was the case that made Isla and Kazuki stop working together?

The Berserking Marcia was crazy! Seems like Giftia have a way higher functional capability than a humans. Marcia's speed was insane. And she just jumped from the ground up to the roof of a building :O

Amazing animation to boost. Great ep. I wonder what'll happen to Souta now. He'll be traumatized for life. And will Tsukasa go emo I wonder?
May 2, 2015 11:47 AM

Feb 2014
Ok, I wasn't expecting that ending.... I have a feeling Tsukasa shot Isla with the gun, but at the same time I doubt they would pull of something like that... idk, we'll see.
May 2, 2015 11:47 AM
Feb 2015
I have a bad feeling that tsukasa shot isla... Well this was a very intense episode overall. We get to see what happened to michiru and kuzuki back in the day.
This cliff hanger is killing me D;
[center] *>.>[Spoiler][/spoiler]<.<*
[center]
May 2, 2015 11:50 AM

Aug 2013
Oh God why :(((((
I knew that it will end very tragic, but I didn't expect that in 5th episode! :((
Dub = fake crap. Always.
May 2, 2015 11:53 AM
Feb 2011
Red_Tuesday said:
That was... bad. Full of ass pulls (why the fuck would Souta go there? HOW did he get there? Why did the black market retriever just leave Souta to give a witness statement about him coming there? Why did the girl go into walker mode like 18 hours before the retrieval time? WHY would they set retrieval time for Giftias RIGHT AT THE END of their sanity, and not leave a buffer zone of at least a week?)

And the path this story took with the consequence of Giftia sentience is a bit cheesy, was hoping for something more well-developed.

And I bet Isla just took that bullet at the end. I see it now "oh we accidentally grazed Isla with a memory erasing bullet, it wasn't a clean enough hit to destroy ALL her memories so we just conveniently extended her life span and got rid of some not very important memories"

Basically what he said.

Though I am happy they didn't go the everybody is happy end, after resolving the problem in some other bullshit way.
May 2, 2015 11:57 AM

Jul 2010
Seeing the clock at 13:00 T.T

Michiru seeing her dad getting shot and being a full wanderer like that, it really was hard to watch. A child watching her own parent turning out like that.

The only possibility of Souta being inside would be that he was already there in the first place, as the R.Security just blockaded the area which is entirely different from an evacuation.

Is this really Souta's turn to see history repeat itself in a way. If so, Souta later joining the company would be interesting.

Isla going in with that cliffhanger :o
May 2, 2015 11:58 AM

Jul 2012
Red_Tuesday said:

I'm assuming Souta went there to be with Marcia.

How he got there is a good question.

It shouldn't even matter to the black market guy if Souta gives a witness statement, a Giftia disappears right when she's supposed to be retrieved, they're gonna know the black market people took her either way.

I'm not sure what you're basing your time estimate on, but we can probably assume that however much time was left until her time was supposed to run out was simply not shown, obviously they have to skip some of that time.

They do leave a buffer zone, they have shown it in previous episodes, for example the old lady that didn't want to lose her Giftia, she was shown on more than one retrieval attempt, those retrieval attempts were during that buffer.
May 2, 2015 12:03 PM

Sep 2014
Wow that agility wanderers get :o

And that weapon is so cool omg
May 2, 2015 12:09 PM

Dec 2010
I want to like this anime, but it's just so bad. The characters especially.
Just how did these people get their jobs? They are so damn incompetent.
May 2, 2015 12:10 PM
Apr 2012
I don't care about the characters. I have seen worse. But the whole logic is flawed, nothing makes sense.
May 2, 2015 12:12 PM

Apr 2015
Mood was set well and the episode did its job of picking up from the previous and leading up to Isla's potential fate. Movements from the expired Giftia were quite fluid and nice. However, I wasn't really feeling swayed by the gravity there.
May 2, 2015 12:16 PM

Aug 2014
I think that the anime wants us to believe that Tsukasa shot Isla, but.. remember she got injured by Marcia. She may be receiving treatment and thus she didn't go to work.

If Evangelion were Rokka no Yuusha the seventh would be Shinji.
May 2, 2015 12:16 PM
Jul 2018
Well,at least the art direction is not shit.
May 2, 2015 12:20 PM

Aug 2014
Aru_ said:
I don't care about the characters. I have seen worse. But the whole logic is flawed, nothing makes sense.

Your logic doesn't make sense.
May 2, 2015 12:23 PM

Aug 2013
Aru_ said:

Maybe you should watch it again?
Dub = fake crap. Always.
May 2, 2015 12:24 PM

Jul 2014
Damn, that was way darker than I expected from this series. Seeing what a Wanderer actually is and how one acts was certainly a surprise, especially the way they seem to attack the people they were closest to the most, seemingly because the memories they have with that person become terrifying (for some reason). The black market retrievers seem a little stupid though. So they just take the Giftia and that's it? Don't they kill it, sell it, or do something with it? Given the risk of the Giftia becoming a Wanderer, that just seems really stupid.

And that ending, even though it is pretty easy to assume what actually happened, is one hell of a cliffhanger. EDIT: I wonder if the whiteboard before the credits is intended as some form of foreshadowing to the path that I'm not expecting this series to take from this point (at least, not yet anyway).

This series needs more episodes like this. The comedy is not needed.
AtavisticMay 2, 2015 12:27 PM
May 2, 2015 12:26 PM

Sep 2012
I was NOT expecting that amount of violence in this show.

Hooray I guess.
Oh god who are you people?
May 2, 2015 12:34 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
I fuckin knew when i saw ''The promise i wanted to keep'' and Tsukasa being full retard and PROMISING that she will be back this would go wrong. i facepalmed when he said it. >_>
But hey, overall it was good and intense !
Dat cliffhanger tho
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

May 2, 2015 12:42 PM

Apr 2011
Dat ending though....
No words to say.
May 2, 2015 12:49 PM

Aug 2013
The Ending of this episode just turned into Psycho Pass!!!
May 2, 2015 12:52 PM

Sep 2010
Marcia nooo.. :-(

I hope he didn't shoot Isla.. I doubt he did, they probably just cut it there for suspense.
May 2, 2015 12:57 PM

Jan 2014
Was that a Psycho Pass weapon O__O . Anyways what a cliffhanger !!!!
May 2, 2015 1:00 PM

Jul 2011
I'm pretty sure the beam hit Isla, why? At the ending it shows a board with everyone's name on it, in those names shows a dot by each name. It shows more than one column and this is me guessing but Isla's was missing. Each column (remember this is me guessing) represents each day of the week and that's how people clock in at their work or show some kind of activity. Isla's was missing therefore she was absent for some reason. This is where I assumed she got hit by it and is hurt
May 2, 2015 1:05 PM

May 2013
acrimonious said:

That's what I'm thinking too.
May 2, 2015 1:05 PM

Sep 2013
Maybe the rain screwed up the weapon and only half erased their memories :O

Marcia Ghoul Mode :)

May 2, 2015 1:13 PM

Aug 2013
babymilo91 said:
acrimonious said:

I'm assuming they're just making us think that Isla was shot. Keep in mind that she was unable to walk because of her leg injury from Marcia.

How was Marcia able to jump from building to building like that? I find it very unusual that Giftias contain that kind of power only as a Wanderer, yet they only have the power of a regular human's when they're not in that form. If they're built to work, shouldn't they be able to use that kind of strength at all times?

A few plot holes-- I hope they get answered later on. Really enjoying the series so far, though.
May 2, 2015 1:18 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
That was so intense! o.O

I feel so bad for Marcia and Souta.

So Isla is definitely missing from work. It's either from getting hit (oh god no) or having her injury treated.
SmudyMay 2, 2015 1:23 PM
May 2, 2015 1:20 PM

Nov 2008
Trilxs said:
babymilo91 said:

I'm assuming they're just making us think that Isla was shot. Keep in mind that she was unable to walk because of her leg injury from Marcia.

How was Marcia able to jump from building to building like that? I find it very unusual that Giftias contain that kind of power only as a Wanderer, yet they only have the power of a regular human's when they're not in that form. If they're built to work, shouldn't they be able to use that kind of strength at all times?

A few plot holes-- I hope they get answered later on. Really enjoying the series so far, though.
I think they explained about the limiter thing that's why they act more like human. I need to rewatch this to confirm. I might be wrong

But we can see from the earlier episode that Isla did not even get a scratch from jumping off a building. It means that they are built to look like human but can do what a human cannot do.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
May 2, 2015 1:21 PM

Aug 2013
Trilxs said:

They mentioned that they have those limiter things in place for when they are functioning normally so I guess that goes berserk at the same time their "brain" does too, idk.
May 2, 2015 1:25 PM

Feb 2012
I swear you could replace the Giftias with dogs and there wouldn't be any major difference to the story at all. And that's why even when the shit goes down, Plastic Memories doesn't do a thing for me. I could have forgiven most of what Red_Tuesday complained about if this show wasn't so predictable due to the fact that it's not really telling me anything about futuristic robots apart from the fact that they're advanced versions of pets. And I'm pretty sure everyone already knows that pets have limited life spans, can turn rabid over time, etc. so unless you really like that formula being applied to robot girls, there's not much for you here.
I Write About Anime (and other stuff) At Standing On My Neck
May 2, 2015 1:28 PM

Apr 2012
Great episode. I wasn't expecting this show to get this intense lol. R-security adds another interesting dimension to the show.

The only thing i don't get and bugs me a bit is how Souta conveniently waltzes into the scene of the crime lol

May 2, 2015 1:28 PM

Feb 2014
The moment when he pulled that gun, I'm was thinking "wait, is this psycho-pass?". Well, I think the next episode will start of seriously due to that cliffhanger. Wonder what happened to Marcia and Souta and especially Isla. This show just got way intense. Hope things will be fine.
May 2, 2015 1:31 PM

Jul 2014
So after a specific time they gain super powers and go crazy. The company responsible to pick them up before that happens does the most half-assed job possible and uses untrained people. When things inevitably go wrong they can't even hire a company to use the virus guns, instead using regular assault rifles which will destroy the company's high-priced product and endanger lives. GPS can't be used because it would be against the robot's human rights.

Somehow a kid is better at tracking lost androids than the company that makes them and the professional security team sent to clean up the mess.

WTF? Seriously, WTF? How did gibberish like this get written?
SokahMay 2, 2015 1:35 PM
May 2, 2015 1:32 PM

Sep 2013
The end is really wanting to tease the he shot her, but I'm sure its he shot marcia.
And she's just not at work because she's getting that leg repaired, that they had to wait for the engineer to come in.
May 2, 2015 1:35 PM
Nov 2007
Flawfinder said:
I swear you could replace the Giftias with dogs and there wouldn't be any major difference to the story at all. And that's why even when the shit goes down, Plastic Memories doesn't do a thing for me. I could have forgiven most of what Red_Tuesday complained about if this show wasn't so predictable due to the fact that it's not really telling me anything about futuristic robots apart from the fact that they're advanced versions of pets. And I'm pretty sure everyone already knows that pets have limited life spans, can turn rabid over time, etc. so unless you really like that formula being applied to robot girls, there's not much for you here.

Thank you!

This show takes the cake for most pretentiousness. I don't see how anyone can think this terrible show is intense or even has a story worth a damn.
May 2, 2015 1:36 PM
Nov 2007
Sokah said:
So after a specific time they gain super powers and go crazy. The company responsible to pick them up before that happens does the most half-assed job possible and uses untrained people. When things inevitably go wrong they can't even hire a company to use the virus guns, instead using regular assault rifles which will destroy the company's high-priced product and endanger lives. GPS can't be used because it would be against the robot's human rights.

Somehow a kid is better at tracking lost androids than the company that makes them and the professional security team sent to clean up the mess.

^This too.
May 2, 2015 1:36 PM

Feb 2014
What bothers me is the boy(Souta) showing up out of nowhere just for the sake of drama, but oh well, other than that i still enjoy this show qute a bit
ItalodeMMay 2, 2015 2:45 PM
SCREW THE RULES, I HAVE MONEY!
May 2, 2015 1:39 PM

Apr 2012
Red_Tuesday said:

First you are just jumping to conclusions. There is no indication that Isla actually successfully lunged in front of the projectile. She was injured as well so it is likely she didn't make it in time anyways. The black marketers got what they wanted and that's the location of where Marcia was. R-security intelligence probably had nothing to do with Souta's testimony because he doesn't know where they were going to take her. What makes you think otherwise that the black marketers would intentionally TELL Souta where they were going to take her?

The only thing that bothers me is Souta being at the scene of the crime without any prior knowledge. It was probably done to drum up more drama but it was fine without him in it.
zzzeallyMay 2, 2015 1:46 PM

May 2, 2015 1:42 PM
Feb 2015
Isla s dead flag is getting higher and higher .. I love her so much I just want her to have a happy ending preferable without her dying .. Oh God please :D
May 2, 2015 1:42 PM

Apr 2012
The fact that Isla's name is still on the whiteboard is probably an indication that she is still alive.

May 2, 2015 1:44 PM

Feb 2014
Sokah said:

I lol'ed cuz the majority of this is true, but i can't help it , i wanna know what will happen
SCREW THE RULES, I HAVE MONEY!
May 2, 2015 1:48 PM
Jan 2015
Red_Tuesday said:

Well, the episode showed Souta following Tsukasa and the others, although it is a valid question on how he got to that area since they clearly drove there.

I'm not sure about the black market guy leaving Souta... Maybe he should have murdered him?

The episode made it pretty clear that they were searching all night and didn't find her; so it was the day she would go psycho.

And regarding the retrieval time, they clearly went early, didn't you watch the last episode? They likely didn't do it right away in order to let Souta and Marcia spend as much time together as possible. They didn't expect anything bad to happen.
In fact, I'd be willing to guess that their "aftercare" attitude by letting the androids stay longer is why the boss had an issue with their "division" in the last episode. This case probably isn't going to help that any.

I agree that it's cheesy, but I don't think that makes it bad.
指が折れるまで!
May 2, 2015 1:50 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Everything was well explained in this episode if you would have watched it properly.
I agree that it is odd how Souta got so far in there in the first place, that's the only thing though.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Are they really Android?

Animo_san - Apr 13

0 by Animo_san »»
Apr 13, 5:58 AM

Poll: » Plastic Memories Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2015

534 by Moonlit_whisper1 »»
Mar 22, 12:13 PM

Poll: » Plastic Memories Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2015

547 by Penguinu »»
Jan 16, 2:07 AM

» Plastic memories

Golden__Darkness - May 16, 2015

8 by Shinetizinho »»
Jan 13, 6:25 PM

» How did you feel while watching this and what impression did the anime leave on you? ( 1 2 )

sorames - Jun 8, 2023

50 by maximovich »»
Jan 12, 2:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.