Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
My Youth Romantic Comedy Is Wrong, As I Expected (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 30, 2015 10:13 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol, Hachiman has such an amusing relationship with his sister.

Glad to see Zaimokuza this episode since I missed his presence in this season. It looks like he is going to get involved in these school affairs as well. And on the topic of Yui, I also wonder what kind of school she would run. It raises a lot of questions because of her personality at times. As for strategy to win the election, I guess some of that makes sense but the part with the fake twitter accounts was just amusing. Pretty entertaining episode overall. However, I feel like Yukino has that poker look on her face again with the fake smiles. I also wonder exactly what Hachiman wants to protect at times also.

Stark700Apr 30, 2015 10:42 AM
Apr 30, 2015 10:18 AM

Nov 2007
The siblings made up, and he finally talk to his sister about it. Sister and Otaku guy (as well as two members) are helping out with the main two electing.

Wow, he got all those supporters' list of the girl who doesn't want to be president (well, mostly from changing twitter accounts). They were pursuaded. That girl who didn't want to be a president became one. The girl with twin braid wished that the Hayami-san's character would really become the president and other two are in a team (as if she's saying it is possible to have same environment but different "club").
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Apr 30, 2015 12:13 PM
Jan 2015
Nice episode. Hachiman went through a lot of effort to protect the club while trying to keep his efforts hidden, but Yukino's reaction and Meguri's comments makes us wonder.. Did Hachiman make the right choice?
指が折れるまで!
Apr 30, 2015 12:41 PM
Apr 2015
Nice episode overall, then the OP changes the last scene. Nowhere to Hachiman in this clubroom.
Apr 30, 2015 1:23 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Once again you have that contrast between the results oriented Hachiman, and the process oriented Yukino. Hachiman achieves his goal once again, but was it the right one? Was the juice worth the squeeze? A lot of stuff that will make up for some good discussion on this thread. Another well adapted episode overall.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Apr 30, 2015 1:50 PM
Apr 2015
Chapter 2 - Volume 9 for the next episode. I think we will have at least 4 episodes to end vol 9 then next is vol 10.
Apr 30, 2015 5:30 PM

Nov 2007
Wonderful episode.

Starting with Komachi's worries whether her onii-chan would have showed her any affection if she weren't his sister to Hachiman's confession that Komachi is more important to him than work (of course because he doesn't want to work!) made me realize their bond as siblings is quite special. <3

It was nice seeing Kawasaki, Zaimouzuka, Saika joining Komachi to help Hachiman. This may look normal, but seeing how they showed up for Hachiman proves that they consider Hachiman as someone they actually care for. Do I need to mention how Kawasaki considered Hachiman in the list she came up with? :)

Hachiman will probably live in denial as if he was doing everything for Komachi's sake but regardless, Hachiman riling up Iroha on how she wouldn't win against her competitors (Yui and Yukino), and then pulling the twitter trick was underhanded, but for the club's sake, anything goes!

It's obviously not just me, I am sure Iroha has a thing for Hayama; she is shown attempting to take a pic of Hayama with her phone in the opening and this episode almost nailed it when she asked Hachiman about the date from last episode. Unfortunately, her initials don't contain a Y. Poor girl. I couldn't care less though. Her reaction to see Hachiman showed how she thinks nothing of him (or perhaps she thought it was Hayama only to be disappointed to see it was Hachiman).

I wonder what if Yui and Yukino found out what Hachiman actually did. Yui probably wouldn't care much as she knew about her chances against Yukino, and her happiness overflowed as she caressed Hachiman's hair (damn, I would have died if I were in his place, that damned b*stard!) knowing that she would be able to spend time with the two people she absolutely adores.

Seriously though, Yui is probably at her limits! Her actions scream "PLEASE NOTICE ALREADY! I AM SO IN LOVE WITH YOU!"

The last bit with Meguri was special. Now I am starting to wonder what if things had been a bit different and the three of them ended up all in the student council. Something that we will never get to know. :/

Well, for now, I will hope Iroha makes a good president for the school, she must actually, for the sake of our imouto of the year Komachi before she boards the high school bus next year :P

Other things I noticed in the episode: the final scene in the opening showing Yui and Yukino in the club room (PLUS TEN POINTS). And a portrait of Sose Mourinho in the student council room (MINUS TEN POINTS).
shanimebibApr 30, 2015 6:18 PM
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Apr 30, 2015 6:16 PM

Aug 2013
Hachiman and Komachi reconciling scene is really heartwarming to see. Damn you 8man for having such an adorably cute yet understanding little sister.

The cafe scene is kinda different from what i remember, but overall it's pretty good.

Irohasu's abrupt rejections are really amusing to watch. And 8man acting cutesy is really cringeworthy lol

Yep there are some juicy Yuix8man moments. But in the end 8man ponders whether he really made the right choice or not.
Apr 30, 2015 6:32 PM
Apr 2015
"For instance, only for instance, by any chance,
if you can go back to scene before the save data and
selected other choice will life have changed?"

The answer is "No".

Another realistic point by 8man. In fact, this is indeed true because you can't go back to the past no matter what.
Apr 30, 2015 6:46 PM

Aug 2014
What a cute and warming episode.
Apr 30, 2015 7:00 PM

Jan 2015
awww.... Yui, you are the best <3
----- Lock and Load -----
Apr 30, 2015 8:08 PM
Apr 2015
unluckystraydog said:
Hello all, I haven't found any subs for this episode yet, just curious did you guys find something I didn't or all you all just part of the glorious knows-japanese-and-can-watch-raws master race?

Well I am not. Try to search some fansub.
Indonesian even have one already.
"I wasn’t a victim so things like pity and compassion weren’t necessary. Even though I was the one who arrogantly said that."
Apr 30, 2015 8:11 PM

Aug 2014
Beautiful episode as always. I think 8man knows that Yui is in love with him but... i guess he's just being himself..

If Evangelion were Rokka no Yuusha the seventh would be Shinji.
Apr 30, 2015 8:31 PM

May 2012
the drama just started lmao.

Volume 9 will resolve it. :)
Sword in hand, a warrior clutches stone to breast. In sword etched he his fading memories In stone, his tempered skill By sword attested, by stone revealed. Their tale can now be told
Apr 30, 2015 10:47 PM

Jan 2013
I lost it when Hikigaya started imitating Iroha! lol

All in all, it seems everything seems to be resolved. I'd say that it went too smooth imo, seeing that virtually everyone is just going along with everything hikigaya wants without question, despite the fact there was so much drama over this issue before.

I can't shake the feeling there will be some sort of issues regarding the way this was dealt with, the hinted "bad" route at the end seems to further suggest that. A student council version of the club would have been pretty eventful though.
polespApr 30, 2015 11:05 PM
Apr 30, 2015 11:02 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
That was a really sweet episode :)

The beginning scene with Hachiman and his sister truly made me smile and I was really happy to see them both make up with each other and have their little brother sister bonding session

I'm really liking how Hachiman is developing as a character as well because him confiding in other people and asking them for help all for the sake of helping others (namely his friends and little sister) is such a joy to see and I hope that things go up from here for him

Loved the talks that he had with Iroha as well, those two have a wonderful dynamic with each other and my goodness Iroha is right when she said that 8man is a genius because his strategy was flawless and I'm glad that our club is staying together (Although I wouldn't have mind seeing Yukino be the president)

Overall it was a great episode filled with much needed apologies and love going all around.....Sad thing is that Yukino is still upset by something and I can already tell that something bad will happen :(
Apr 30, 2015 11:05 PM
Jul 2018
Great moment between Hachiman and his sister at the beginning.

Nice to see Hachiman is getting some character developments.
Apr 30, 2015 11:07 PM
Dec 2010
this is my speculation only "yukino is upset because it is hachiman again who solve the problem and she thinking too is he sacrife himself again"
next episode will start volume 9 of LN
Apr 30, 2015 11:10 PM

Jan 2011
Fantastic episode as always, however this one was a lot more heartwarming. I loved the reconciliation between Komachi and Hachiman. Komachi is such a likeable and kind little sister. I'm so glad she's not one of those generic 'imoutos' that we usually see in anime; she is a genuine little sister if that makes sense. xD Really adore Hachiman's sibling relationship with Komachi. It was nice to see Zaimokuza, Saika and Saki helping out Hachiman. Interesting to see that Saki would vote/nominate Hachiman for school council president. :D

Hachiman's plan to get more votes for Iroha by making random 'Twitter' accounts for other candidates and then editing it to Iroha was so fishy yet most efficient. Hachiman's impersonation of Iroha was hilarious. My gawd, Hachiman's voice tone change was just brilliant, props to the VA! ! Iroha's reactions to Hachiman is also great. So Iroha seems to like Hayama eh? Now that's interesting. :P Man, that whole moment with Yui and Hachiman in the club room alone together was so sweet.

Here I thought the drama was toning down but it's only just beginning eh? Hachiman doesn't appear at the end of the last scene in the OP so that must be some foreshadowing going on. Can't wait for more Yahari!
5/5
Apr 30, 2015 11:27 PM

Apr 2013
Did Hachiman deny the fact that he wanted to preserve the club? is that why he used Komachis request as an excuse?
Apr 30, 2015 11:27 PM
Jan 2013
orion_momo said:
this is my speculation only "yukino is upset because it is hachiman again who solve the problem and she thinking too is he sacrife himself again"

Don't get how she gets the thought that 8man would sacrifice himself again, when he made a win-win situtation without making an ass out of himself.

Koumachi best imouto confirmed
Apr 30, 2015 11:28 PM
Jul 2013
really wondering if they will give an anime original ending or stop at around the 10th volume?
Apr 30, 2015 11:31 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Really nice seeing Komachi and Hachiman making up. Loved their sibling bonding time and how Hachiman started taking initiatives regarding the current issue since it now became a direct request from Komachi. He seriously dotes on her too much. :3

> "Zakusha ni te wo sashinoberuware cho kakkoi."
Zaimokuza's dialogues are always hilarious! He actually was pretty cool reaching out to Hachiman without copying any character.

That was quite a risky method Hachiman enacted with the twitter accounts, but the way he carried it out was pretty much foolproof. Gotta give him props for that.

Iroha rejecting Hachiman was pretty funny too! Why does she think he would be hitting on her anyways? Seems like she has a thing for Hayama.
Well, Hachiman managed to convince/encourage her to run for the president spot so that's all that matters for now. That imitation though.. XD

Yui and Hachiman moments towards the end were cute, particularly when she was fixing his hair. She really is such a caring person. Wish Yukino would already come in friendly terms with Hachiman already.. >.>

Great episode. Yup, PV confirms that Iroha has secret feelings for Hayama. I wonder if they'll end up together eventually.

Apr 30, 2015 11:33 PM

Apr 2013
kitkatxz said:
orion_momo said:
this is my speculation only &quot;yukino is upset because it is hachiman again who solve the problem and she thinking too is he sacrife himself again&quot;

Don't get how she gets the thought that 8man would sacrifice himself again, when he made a win-win situtation without making an ass out of himself.

Yeah, I really don't get what's up with Yukinon. I for sure thought she would have been happy with Hachimans method, but she ended up being disappointed. Again. the thing Is i understand why that was the case in the past, but for this episode I'm failing to see the reason. Really confused atm.

P.S. Once again, Yui reaffirmed her spot as the best girl.
Apr 30, 2015 11:44 PM

Jun 2008
Wow, what a wonderful imouto....easily the BEST FEMALE CHARACTER in this god forsaken anime.

And yet we have the best female character poll with people voting for a huge bitch and a hopeless airhead.....cuz you know....they're the main characters and shit.

Thank god for Komachi, at least this anime has ONE likable female character.
Apr 30, 2015 11:57 PM

Jan 2013
Great episode, things can go back to normal. Yukino must be frustrated that Hachiman is always solving the problems behind her back mysteriously.
Apr 30, 2015 11:57 PM
Oct 2010
So what did hachiman mean with his save game scenario? Did he mean that the three of them would have ended up together regardless of the election outcome? I mean if yukino had won the two of them would have just joined the student council with her right?
Apr 30, 2015 11:59 PM

Aug 2010
That was amazing! Ofc I still feel some remaining bad vibes From bitchy Yukino who can never be satisfied <_< but the way the problem was solved was awesome! Didn't expect Hikki's to convince Iroha to be prez :O

Totally loved the Komachi making up scene. It was so sweet! Komachi's just adorable :3
Loved how Hikki's goal became to listen to his imouto's request. And his answer to "who do u prefer Komachi or ur job?" Was cute and funny XD That was a bit burn though with Komachi Telling him that if he weren't her brother she'd totally want nothing to do with him lol...Really cute scene overall though <3
Too bad they didn't add Hikki's monologue about "a Komachi that's not my sister? Wth is that high spec girl!?" Wincest ftw :p

The Iroha Part was nice. Dem flat out rejections :O It's like she's disgusted with him XD I thought she'd fall for him easily so I was surprised she hasn't yet, should be interesting to see how she does If she will anyway since she's obviously in love with Hayama right now ^^;

And finally the Yui scene. How can she be so cute >.< She hit Hikki's right in the Kokoro with the "Guilt" thing ouch. The hair rubbing scene was so sweet. Why can't these 2 just end up together D: their interactions are so nice <3

The hypothetical wish at the end was actually nice. Having Yukino as president, Yui as vice and Hikki's ofc gonna be with them. It wouldn't have really been different than their usual current says if u think about it ^^;
Apr 30, 2015 11:59 PM

Aug 2012
Excellent episode. Iroha's sudden rejection to Hikigaya was pretty funny.
May 1, 2015 12:02 AM
Aug 2012
skudoops said:
So what did hachiman mean with his save game scenario? Did he mean that the three of them would have ended up together regardless of the election outcome? I mean if yukino had won the two of them would have just joined the student council with her right?

Someone at least got it right instead of the typical "Yukino is a bitch" comments. Praise the Lords for that.

May 1, 2015 12:03 AM

Mar 2015
It was a great episode, the cliffhanger on episode 4 is kind of misleading because Komachi and Hachiman did not have a big fight or anything and reconcile as soon as the episode start.

Also Irohas seems to like Hayato, one sided of course, because Hayato's love is the initial Y. Hayato is getting a lot of harem materials...

Zaimokuza doing what he does best with that voice (props to the VA), it's very unique and you can tell how special that voice is even closing your eyes...

I still don't understand with Yukino, so she's upset with Hachiman for doing a good thing? Or she's still upset knowing that Hachiman sacrificed himself again? Or she actually wants to be the president? I don't know what's going on with her, is it because of her sister and "getting other people's hand dirty"? I hope we will know soon.

Yui and Hachiman scene is very heart whelming, even though it's one sided, Yui is always there for him and the club, appreciating all his work and encourage him.

Well we seem to see more of Yui centered episodes, I wonder if Yukino's episode is coming soon? Yukino feels kind of getting distant from everyone...

May 1, 2015 12:04 AM

Nov 2013
Nice episode, despite left some question and still dry. I enjoyed it nonetheless.

maybe no one care for this but saw Jose Mourinho in this episode really made my day.
I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.

May 1, 2015 12:09 AM

May 2013
Well the siblings were able to make up. In the end, Isshiki became student council president.
May 1, 2015 12:13 AM

Jul 2014
Finally the weird/awkward atmosphere around the anime changed, Komachi is such an adorable lil sis, and that YuiXHiki scene, the guy really needed that and LOL at Iroha's misunderstanding Hiki and rejecting him 2x. As far as I can see its
Yui=Good Friend (1 sided tho)
Komachi=Cute sister
Iroha=gag acquaintance
Yukinoshita's=....bitch
May 1, 2015 12:13 AM

Jan 2015
Ah loved this episode simply because Komachi and Iroha had great moments.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
May 1, 2015 12:16 AM
Jan 2013
NudeBear said:
kitkatxz said:

Yeah, I really don't get what's up with Yukinon. I for sure thought she would have been happy with Hachimans method, but she ended up being disappointed. Again. the thing Is i understand why that was the case in the past, but for this episode I'm failing to see the reason. Really confused atm.

I read this off something else not a spoiler just a theory, Yukino has been one to hate superfical relationships, so even if the club was to disband if she became president, would their friendship would crumble over that small thing? I guess she wanted to test this out or Haruno actually got to her head.
May 1, 2015 12:18 AM

Jan 2015
NudeBear said:
kitkatxz said:

I'm guessing it's because Yukino once again wasn't the one to solve the problem at hand. She was deeply influenced by what Haruno told her: that she always gets others to do the work for her. She's the leader of the Service Club, yet she never ends up being the one who solves the problem. She never delivers the results. It's always been Hachiman. Whether or not the solution involved social suicide, it was Hachiman's solution, not hers.

Moreover, she might have wanted to get away from her older sister's shadow. She grew up following Haruno's lead too closely. What Haruno did, Yukino wanted to imitate. She may have realized this already, and that's why she wants to start building her own identity independent of her sister's. Haruno never became student council president, which presented a really good opportunity to establish her own separate indentity.

She is definitely more than qualified for the job. Unfortunately for her, Hachiman once again presented a solution which rendered her intentions moot and unnecessary. He failed to understand that Yukino is doing this for her personal growth, which is why she was a bit disappointed in him.
May 1, 2015 12:21 AM
Jan 2011
orion_momo said:

Yukinoshita is upset because deep down she actually wants to be pres, but isnt honest with herself to admit it so she used the club request as a pretense. Hikkigaya solving the problem rendered her pretense moot and she backed down, abandoning her own motive in process of not betraying her logic.

Hikigaya caught on, wondering if what he did wasnt a mistake, then going on a tangent with the game save reloading thing. The conclusion he arrived at is that even if something like that was possible, the effects of our decisions wouldnt change in a big scope, because ultimately our decisions are shaped by how we are, not our temporary perspectives, thus not depending on circumstances. One can also think about it like this: even when presented with different options, people will always pick the same one, because the choice is an illusion. We are what we are.

Also, this shows how very similar Hikkigaya and Yukinoshita are. They both fabricate fake motives, one for the fear of being rejected, while the other from the fear of being accepted. He needed a false reason to save the club (im doing this for Komachi), despite already having one in the first place (he cares), just like Yukinoshita needed one to become president (im the best candidate, its a job) despite wanting to become pres for her own sake.

Its interesting, that at the end, Hikigaya succeeded in saving the club if only with a fake reason, while Yukinoshita failed at becoming student council president regardless, in fact, exactly because her reason was fake - her logic betrayed her.

On the other hand, Yukinoshita failing could also be said to be due to Hikki succeeding. This perspective would make the two of them opposing forces instead of two people being similar. I would say this is the perspective Yukinoshita is taking in regards to Hikkigaya in general, after that date event.
sspitMay 1, 2015 12:42 AM
May 1, 2015 12:25 AM

Apr 2015
Wow.... Hikigaya-kun is really good at playing dirty....

That theory that Meguri come up with..... With the 3 of them in the Student Council...
( HOLY SHIT.... A NEW ROUTE? )

May 1, 2015 12:32 AM

Apr 2013
kitkatxz said:
NudeBear said:

I read this off something else not a spoiler just a theory, Yukino has been one to hate superfical relationships, so even if the club was to disband if she became president, would their friendship would crumble over that small thing? I guess she wanted to test this out or Haruno actually got to her head.

I actually think you might be on to something. Yukino suspecting that their friendship is superficial, and wanting to test out if that's true not only makes sense, but fits her character as well. Hopefully next episode there'll be an exposition, or better yet, some development on Yukino's problem.
May 1, 2015 12:34 AM
Jan 2011
None of them are able to say what they really want. So in the end they're also fake.
May 1, 2015 12:38 AM

Jan 2015
xsilicon9 said:
None of them are able to say what they really want. So in the end they're also fake.

It seems like they are becoming kinda distant in a way.
May 1, 2015 12:44 AM

Mar 2015
kingty21 said:
xsilicon9 said:

It seems like they are becoming kinda distant in a way.

Yeah I think Yukino is getting very distant from Hachiman, which allowed Yui to get closer to Hachiman. So I believe that they're going to adapt Vol. 9 from now on, and I heard it supposed to be Yukino centered. We could get more story behind these distance and probably a sad-happy reunion redemption thing along the way.

May 1, 2015 12:49 AM
Apr 2015
Yukinoshita continues on being one of the biggest bitch this season, congratulations.
May 1, 2015 12:53 AM

Dec 2014
Garknight said:
Wow.... Hikigaya-kun is really good at playing dirty....

That theory that Meguri come up with..... With the 3 of them in the Student Council...
( HOLY SHIT.... A NEW ROUTE? )

There is also a chance 8man not joining the student council if Yukinon/Yui wins, for a guy who always says that "to work is to lose", joining in the sc will definitely increase his workload.. But that's just my opinion. :)
May 1, 2015 12:56 AM

Jan 2015
8man was such a BOSS this episode.
May 1, 2015 12:59 AM

Dec 2013
Really liked the little convo at the beginning with 8man and his sister

Heavy foreshadowing in this episode. Looking forward to see what goes down in the next few episodes
May 1, 2015 1:22 AM

Oct 2013
if only all anime sisters were as good as komachi

great episode all those 8man smiles so cute
May 1, 2015 1:22 AM

Jul 2013
sigh... after reading the novels and noticing alot of sakisaki-hachiman scene being skipped...
i think it would made more sense if they at least animated that one scene in the first season, making their interactions now even more funnier...
current LN reading:
Death March kara hajimaru isekai kyousoukyoku
translated here
for those who are interested in other forums about animes, check randomc.net, reddit.com/r/anime and forum.animesuki.com
May 1, 2015 1:25 AM
Feb 2013
I don't think I understand how this election works because I didn't get how the twitter trick helped.

Komachi best girl anyway.
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2015

1002 by venbals »»
Mar 29, 10:59 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2015

556 by venbals »»
Mar 29, 1:08 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 21, 2015

667 by venbals »»
Mar 16, 10:16 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 7, 2015

421 by venbals »»
Mar 16, 9:12 PM

» Help me understand the whole drama ( 1 2 )

GuidSMR - Apr 4, 2023

65 by NaughtySempai »»
Feb 26, 8:34 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.