Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Apr 27, 2015 12:40 AM

Jan 2011
Axelucard_ said:
Michiru is just fucking annoying and i feel like a bad person because i have no feelings whatsoever

Dont feel bad. Its a normal reaction towards tsunderes by many. Cant help but hate that stereotype myself, no matter how good the character may be.

Rouzhan said:
I wonder what those unauthorized people do to the Giftias.

Trying to extract their memories to get personal info on the owners then rob their bank accounts?
Reprogram them and then sell them in the black market?

Bah, who am I kidding, we all know what that slimy bastard is up to - he wants to put Marcia's tits to good use. The next episode will probably be all about saving those boobs :D
AlexGKApr 27, 2015 12:46 AM
Apr 27, 2015 1:25 AM

Aug 2008
Rouzhan said:
At this point I doubt they will go into any details. This series basically skims over anything remotely interesting about how that world is working and go straight for cheap drama and crappy cliches.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Apr 27, 2015 2:37 AM

Apr 2015
thelotusf1fan said:
So when a giftia's life runs out, they become Bolton Wanderer fans. The more you know.

Wolves take half.
Apr 27, 2015 3:27 AM

Dec 2012
Yet another disappointing episode. We got more information about the world, but those information wrapped in such a mediocre episode was not enough redeeming quality. And I am really curious as to why there's no such thing as age restriction in owning a Giftia.

I have this one theory that the reason why the Terminal Service One have done poorly at cutting costs is they have been so careful and fully considering the Giftia's owners feelings when retrieving their Giftias & that makes the retrieving longer than the upper people wanted it to be, resulting in much bigger costs.
I like anime.
Apr 27, 2015 2:21 PM

Feb 2011
nice to have a precise description of what happens once the giftias go past the expiration date
it was already pretty clear from the description of the anime, but good anyway to have a confirmation

a wanderer sounds creepy

oh wtf, just after they mentioned a black market retriever there was just one showing up
wonder what do they do with expired giftias, if they can use them while expired or if they just disassemble them

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Apr 27, 2015 3:37 PM
Jan 2012
~I have now finished my Plastic Memory Rounds~

Ah, well. At least she gave it her best try. Not all people can smile naturally.

It seems that It's remains 4 for 4 as far as the feels are concerned. And god dammit, get away from them you suspicious gap-toothed fuck!

My guess is that next episode starts the next day when Tsukasa and Isla were supposed to come, only to hear that Souta porbably gave into the pressure and believed him...

And based on some other posts, I seem to be one of few who like Michiru... Not as much as Isla, but I still like her.
Apr 27, 2015 3:45 PM

Feb 2015
Tsukasa is.......... cutely hot
Apr 27, 2015 4:41 PM

Jul 2012
Tsukasa is really a big klutz. Also, Aila is terrible at smiling..
Tom's Hardware graphics veteran++ (Legacy)
i7 6700K@4.0 GHz, ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING, RTX 2080, G. Skill RipJaws V 3200MHz 16GB,
Noctua NH-D15, CorsairRM 850x, Win10x64, 1920x1080

MyAnimeList!
Apr 27, 2015 5:10 PM

Jul 2013
FUCK THAT BRAT YO
The best anime is the Road to El Dorado
Apr 27, 2015 7:11 PM

Jul 2009
Just when I thought this was going to be a Clannad-level show, they add such disgusting things as that which is about to happen...
Apr 27, 2015 7:34 PM

Jan 2011
Marcia, no...
Apr 27, 2015 7:44 PM
Apr 2015
Good pacing this episode I hope they keep this up
Apr 28, 2015 10:09 AM

Dec 2013
The feels were strong in this one.
Seriously, I teared up just thinking about the poor boy who lost his parents three years prior, and had no one left close enough to take him in so that he had to be raised by his Sister-Droid for the past three years. And now that he's arriving upon 8 whole years of age, he's about to lose even her as well..... Fuck.....

So what happens after this? Do they grant him a replacement Giftia until he's of legal age to fend for himself? Or do they now ship him to an orphanage to spend the rest of his youth? Just thinking of his future plight is sad enough...

Then they just had to go and factor in those Black-Market Retrieval Repo-Men. I'm taking the talk about what a Giftia will end up doing after missing her retrieval date is a foreshadowing of what will happen next week. My speculation will be that the Black-Marketeers are going to snatch the Giftia away, but their half-assed job will end up causing the Giftia to go on a rampage, effectively ruining Souta's last memories of her, as well as messing up the Giftia's system and causing a huge ruckus when Tsukasa and Isla do try and take her down. This does not bode well with Department 1, where finances are already tight and reputation is being picked apart.

I can see this next episode as having long-term effects on the rest of the show.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Apr 28, 2015 5:26 PM

Jan 2014
Finally another giftia story ^__^
Soutaaaa, awwws ;-;
I didn't expect a cliffhanger xĐ
Apr 29, 2015 2:36 AM

Apr 2014
This episode just filled you up with sadness and then made you rage at the last moment, before slapping your face with a cliffhanger. Damn

That Isla forced smile though, reminded me of that 'doll' girl from darker than black

And of course.....that old man at the end......nope. He doesn't look creepy to me! Not CREEPY in the slightest!
Apr 29, 2015 7:25 AM

Jan 2008
Oh God, please kill tsundere-chan ASAP. At least Isla manages not be as blatantly waifu-of-the-season material and sad-loli-feel-the-moe archetype.
Apr 29, 2015 2:13 PM
Dec 2010
AlexGK said:
Axelucard_ said:
Michiru is just fucking annoying and i feel like a bad person because i have no feelings whatsoever

Dont feel bad. Its a normal reaction towards tsunderes by many. Cant help but hate that stereotype myself, no matter how good the character may be.

Rouzhan said:

Trying to extract their memories to get personal info on the owners then rob their bank accounts?
Reprogram them and then sell them in the black market?

Bah, who am I kidding, we all know what that slimy bastard is up to - he wants to put Marcia's tits to good use. The next episode will probably be all about saving those boobs :D

I don't know, with the way he looked he is probably more interested in putting Souta's body to use, and getting a Giftia is just an added bonus for him.
Apr 29, 2015 5:49 PM

Jul 2013
Wow, the feels!!!
Nooooo, not these Black Market Giftia retrievers!
Apr 30, 2015 2:19 AM

Apr 2015
I wish the show would do more of these case of the week episodes. The most interesting part of this show is the setting and how this technology has affected the world. The different "tasks" are a great way to show how people are living with these androids. The idea of androids raising orphaned children is really cool!
In general, I wish there were more case of the week shows. I'm getting a bit over saturated with all the serialized TV shows. The best shows know how to balance the weekly story with the overarching plot. Perhaps I only feel this way because I grew up watching the X-Files.
Low personal standards for how you spend your free time?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPoucb2tAbI&index=1&list=PLBs9zRxK-93550LTq7tZqT1FOe1j7WVOP

You could do worse. Not much, but still...
Apr 30, 2015 4:17 AM

Apr 2015
So after finished wacthing all the first four episode, now I'm somewhat pretty sure that this anime will be going to have such a sad story/ sad ending. Better brave myself T_T
WEABOO SCIENTIST
Apr 30, 2015 8:33 AM
Dec 2013
I do not know if i am loving this anime. Yes it has feels but its also kind of shallow, not much story-wuse it seems kind of slow.
Apr 30, 2015 4:49 PM

Jan 2015
I like the fact that they portray the Giftias as perfect beings with almost no character flaws (except Isla but she's...depressive maybe ?)in contrast to the humans around them.
Also Michiru is not a clone of Asuka anymore !

nopainnolife said:
So after finished wacthing all the first four episode, now I'm somewhat pretty sure that this anime will be going to have such a sad story/ sad ending. Better brave myself T_T

I know, right ?
Still if they make a deus ex machina/asspull to save the main girl it's gonna be kinda sad too.
̶I̶ ̶s̶e̶c̶r̶e̶t̶l̶y̶ ̶h̶o̶p̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶y̶ ̶p̶u̶l̶l̶ ̶a̶ ̶C̶l̶a̶n̶n̶a̶d̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶u̶s̶.
May 4, 2015 4:20 AM

Jul 2008
So they are pushing the romance between Michiru and dorky Tsukasa now :) that ending doesn't look good though.
May 5, 2015 4:39 AM

Jun 2013
The situation was getting good until a fake retriever came.
Nice episode.
May 6, 2015 5:35 AM

Oct 2013
my feels... ;-;
This series is going to drain me of all the tears I have by the time it's finished.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
May 7, 2015 2:53 PM

Dec 2012
Marcia is so cheerful :). Bastard just arrived, there is no way he can take her away !
The episode was not as good as the others, not enough Isla, I think.
May 9, 2015 12:09 AM

Oct 2008
[caffeine] too late.
Nothing much to say but tsundere Michiru was cute.
There are now fake retrievers, wonder what their agenda?...

May 9, 2015 7:36 PM

Feb 2013
Kinda average episode. Got to learn a bit about Michiru at least.
May 9, 2015 8:05 PM

Feb 2015
Really dumb how their job was to retrieve the Giftia but they refused the signature because they wanted to the boy to part with his Giftia on good terms... so stupid and exists to add melodrama. Now I need to watch ep 3 lol, I accidentally went out of order I think.
May 10, 2015 3:05 PM

Oct 2010
This episode ROCKED!!

I had to cry a little when Souta ate the cake.. And the ending made me so frustrated!

It's amazing an anime can do this in just the 4th episode, never experienced such heavy emotions on the fourth episode of any anime.

I rate this episode 10/10, much much better than #3 which I didn't like much at all.

Michiru > Isla any day, I hope Tsukasa and Michiru end up together.
May 11, 2015 1:20 PM

Jan 2011
Very, very weak episode imo.
Felt forced, actually the worst episode so far imo.
I hope the main plot is more like previous episodes, if they try to force stuff it'll just fail... hard.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
May 12, 2015 5:31 PM

May 2013
Lol, Tsukasa ended up burning a flambe. (^_^)
I'm willing to ship Michiru and Tsukasa though.

And now that brings the possibility of Isla becoming a Wanderer.
As for Marcia, GG. (T_T)
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
May 13, 2015 2:01 PM

May 2011
Bittersweet episode. I agree that it was a bit forced but nonetheless still brought some feels for me.

Nooooo, hope they can save Marcia from those black market crooks.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 15, 2015 8:30 PM

Jun 2012
Well that was pretty easy, not just a change of heart, but a complete/full change of feelings. hopefully something different results from the false retrievers. It's so episodic. .
well, at least it's worth it to see Michiru.

May 15, 2015 10:36 PM

Aug 2013
SWEET BABY BOY
MY HEART IS BROKEN
May 18, 2015 6:50 AM

Nov 2011
The final episode has left me a little with a bad taste in my mouth, if I can summarize it in a few words: it takes more luck in life whoever you are. I do not know what happens to the androids in the hands of these squatters, only I think it is nice to finish in their clutches. Overall, the narrative is not so bad, not quite touching, but I do not think that was his goal, the real goal was definitely to grow ties interpresonali between the main characters showing us another side of the society in which we the story takes place. Not bad the comic parts, the quality of the drawings is discreet. Nice the ending, but the opening is starting to like it a little
May 21, 2015 7:22 AM

Oct 2013
Finally a decent episode after the first one.
May 23, 2015 9:23 AM

Jun 2014
Decent episodes, i'm still getting a cheesy feel from this show. :c The old man is not to be trusted!
May 28, 2015 1:37 PM

Apr 2015
Aversa said:
The thing i wonder about is who will take care of Souta ones Marcia is gone?
It's clear he isn't old enough yet to take care of himself yet.

Any case i expected the black market service to show up at one point in this episode but didn't expect them to show up at the end.
Hope they manage to stop him.

i'm concerned about marcia now that the guy from black market appeared because it's difficult to imagine that the kid will realize that the guy is trying to do something wrong.
Jun 9, 2015 7:16 PM

May 2014
Well, that ended with a trip on the feels train. Black market freak looks like a total creep.
Jun 10, 2015 11:43 AM

Jun 2010
I love michiru :)
who was that creepy guy who took Marcia, omg
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 15, 2015 11:38 PM
Jul 2018
That is one delicious looking tart! A little bit of drama in this one even though it still felt lighthearted and some info about Michiru’s past.

I didn’t really think the black-market retrievers would appear so soon but oh well.
Jun 16, 2015 6:19 PM

Jul 2008
Does the existence of a black-market team of retrievers mean that there is a leak/mole inside the official organization? Though I guess they could just follow the team around and make the first move, too.
Jun 21, 2015 9:17 PM
Sep 2013
There is no way in hell people aren't fucking and sex trafficking these androids. I bet you 1000 bucks the dad was fucking Marcia, that would had made a much better plot for why the kid is so emo.
Jul 15, 2015 10:19 AM

May 2012
Great episode! Really touching but that ending didn't look too good, I do hope they'll interfere and take care of it properly!
Jul 20, 2015 12:16 AM

Mar 2015
Souta was a little whiny bitch. Well rebellion little fuckers.

I like how Isla is helping Tsukasa by holding the recipe that was cute. Michiru is taking the tsundere to the next level cute too.

Fuck the black market at the end??? The fuck is Isla and friends are doing???

Jul 22, 2015 8:03 AM
Jul 2018
I had high expectations, unfortunately after watching 4 episodes I'm disappointed. First and foremost: people invented highly advanced technology, which allows to create androids, who can think, feel, cry, eat O_o More! They have synthetic souls! (wtf???) So why there's no possibility to copy data (memories, personality) and transfer this to new body? I don't buy this. The same is with the idea that only Giftia can switch off the other Giftia - it's far-fetched for me. Beginning with main characters and ending with episodic, they are all schematic and annoying. The plot is pretty predictable, there's a lot feeble jokes and cheap sentimentalism. Only the subplot of black market is interesting. And maybe the past of Isla. 4th episode was better then the last one, but generally anime is average :/
Aug 6, 2015 5:22 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Seems the creepy guy at the end is from those illegal black market agency, if it can be even called that. Why else would they mention it at the start of the episode.

While I didn't like the Souta kid, the birthday scene was touching. Seems like the gang will have some explaining to do if the creepy guy takes Marcia.

Them Isla expressions, and her pout as well xD

Aug 6, 2015 3:08 PM

Jul 2015
This was a nice episode.
Oct 17, 2015 9:54 AM

Apr 2013
Overall an awesome episode really liked it. That ending though...
Also Isla doing that smile with her hands reminds me of Kuro no Keiyakusha
just because I’ve gotten weaker, doesn’t mean that you got stronger, does it?
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» Are they really Android?

Animo_san - Apr 13

0 by Animo_san »»
Apr 13, 5:58 AM

Poll: » Plastic Memories Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2015

534 by Moonlit_whisper1 »»
Mar 22, 12:13 PM

Poll: » Plastic Memories Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2015

547 by Penguinu »»
Jan 16, 2:07 AM

» Plastic memories

Golden__Darkness - May 16, 2015

8 by Shinetizinho »»
Jan 13, 6:25 PM

» How did you feel while watching this and what impression did the anime leave on you? ( 1 2 )

sorames - Jun 8, 2023

50 by maximovich »»
Jan 12, 2:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.