Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (28) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Apr 23, 2015 10:47 AM

Nov 2013
Yzeelb said:
abystoma2 said:
How about not getting penalty for kidsor normal shows, just having ecchi award you one point, hentai two points and the achievements would be measured not by anime watched but by points getted. Like lvl 1 10 points to lvl MAX dunno, 250 points for example:

This would than simply be another counting achievement. Isn't having a few dynamic achievements a nice change?

The thing is, that even if someone would watch all hentai he can, as long as he watches other anime too, he will never get higher levels. Achievements are supposed to make people watch anime, but this would discourage them to do so.

[quote=Progeusz]
abystoma2 said:
Actually, GuP or Saki are "more sports" than Ping Pong.

Well, maybe Ping Pong is about Ping Pong (sport), even if focusing more on the players than the sport. But nothing is stopping you to suggest genre change for those you mentioned of course: http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=30866
You all need to watch Nami.

Apr 23, 2015 1:21 PM

Feb 2010
Progeusz said:
Paulo27 said:
I imagine the Sports achievement comes from the genre tag, if the show doesn't have the tag it won't be counted.
I hope not (at least not 100%) because MAL is absolutely terrible at tagging.

While I agree that tags can be terrible (there's some Legend of the Galactic Heroes material that doesn't have Space genre, which is absurd, but that's how it is right now), I'm pretty sure tag achievements are by MAL tags. The ones that work different are GAR and mahou shoujo because those aren't tags.

People need societies, but they don't necessarily need nations. - Yang Wen-li
Apr 23, 2015 1:33 PM

Oct 2013
Deividas said:
New "achievement". 3 levels. What do you think?

Looks better and is much easier to understand this way.

But I think it would be useful to weigh Hentai as more "pervert" than simple Ecchi stuff.

(100 / completed) * (ecchi + (hentai*2)) for example.

For the cases which are going to obtain more than 100% (Hentai lists for example) simply treat them as 100%.
Apr 23, 2015 3:27 PM

Oct 2007
@abystoma2, no thank you. I'm not going to bother with MAL mods, they disappointed me far too many times, in various different matters, including tagging.

Akai_Shuichi said:
While I agree that tags can be terrible (there's some Legend of the Galactic Heroes material that doesn't have Space genre, which is absurd, but that's how it is right now), I'm pretty sure tag achievements are by MAL tags. The ones that work different are GAR and mahou shoujo because those aren't tags.
I understand. In that case - would it be possible to add some shows to the pool even if they aren't tagged properly on MAL?
Apr 23, 2015 3:55 PM

Nov 2013
abystoma2 said:
Hm, would there be a possibility of getting dementia genre achievement? I could probably think about some desctiption and pictures for these.

I agree. I always thought the really obscure genres deserved achievements. Music was one I thought deserved an achievement too.
Apr 23, 2015 4:43 PM
May 2012
I thought that Shirobako coud be added to the SoL achievement list, seems like it belongs there.
Apr 23, 2015 4:53 PM

Nov 2010
abystoma2 said:
FunnyGames said:
All of the suggestions till now are genre based achievements, what about a new type achievement?

Top 50 Achievement - watched top 50 popular anime.
Top 100 Achievement - watched top 100 popular anime.
Top 200 Achievement - watched top 200 popular anime.
Top 300 Achievement - watched top 300 popular anime.

How about two stand-alone achievements instead, one for watching x anime with mean score highter than 8, one for watching x anime with mean score lesser than let´s say 5,5?

My achievement idea is based on popularity and not average score.
Popularity is more stable than the average score, so top score is dropped before even thinking about it, too dynamic.

Popular shows would stay popular shows, maybe a slight change here and there, but mainly they would keep in the same place.

Maybe a more logical way would be:

Top 10 - watched top 10 popular anime. (Death Note, Sword Art Online, Shingeki no Kyojin, Code Geass, FMA: Brotherhood, Naruto, Angel Beats, Bleach, Elfen Lied, Fullmetal Alchemist) <- We don't see them changing every day, do we?
Top 50 - watched top 50 popular anime.
Top 100 - watched top 100 popular anime.

And it stops there. I think it would be kinda hard to watch more than 100 popular anime.

And about the code, as I see in achievements json file, I see that the genre is just being counted or pre-1980 is checking the release date. So I think it's possible to check the anime position in popularity and count how many anime are there falling under the required amount for the achievement.

If already adding a "pervert" achievement, wouldn't it be wise to add a popularity achievement? O.o
Apr 23, 2015 4:54 PM

Mar 2012
I suggest my version of the mystery achievement icons/titles, if they're good enough:

1. Detective's assistant
http://i.imgur.com/SKUdp90.png

Now it's your business to know what other people don't know too.

2. Gathering evidence
http://i.imgur.com/wfxbPVe.png

You observe even the smallest facts without overlooking them.

3. There is only one truth
http://i.imgur.com/tL4rplA.png

All of the truth will be exposed, no matter how shocking it may be.

4. Great detective
http://i.imgur.com/m0VY7IW.png

No impossible crimes and locked rooms can stop you from finding the answer now.
NarushistoApr 23, 2015 4:58 PM
Apr 23, 2015 6:18 PM

Dec 2014
Is there any plans in the future for psychological / dementia?
Apr 23, 2015 7:25 PM

Jun 2011
FunnyGames said:

Popular shows would stay popular shows, maybe a slight change here and there, but mainly they would keep in the same place.

Top 10 - watched top 10 popular anime. (Death Note, Sword Art Online, Shingeki no Kyojin, Code Geass, FMA: Brotherhood, Naruto, Angel Beats, Bleach, Elfen Lied, Fullmetal Alchemist) <- We don't see them changing every day, do we?

And it stops there. I think it would be kinda hard to watch more than 100 popular anime.

But would it count One Piece and Naruto too, that never ends?
Either way, by now, I need just 20 more to have the max of this "popular achiev"
Apr 23, 2015 9:05 PM

Nov 2010
I liked the compare feature that one of the previous MALgraph versions had.
Apr 24, 2015 12:05 AM

Oct 2012
Maybe if you combined the amount of anime listed under Dementia, Psychological, Thriller, and Horror, there would be enough to warrant making an achievement for them?
Of course "I've seen.. things" would have to be one of the titles lol.
Apr 24, 2015 12:22 AM

Oct 2013
Deividas said:
Yzeelb said:

How about: 100 / completed * (ecchi * 2 + hentai * 4)

A bit too extreme/easy I think since with the actual design of the achievement there are no titles to diminish the score except numbers. These high coefficients were intended for the initial design of the achievement.

Already putting Hentai at a coefficient of 2 was quite heavy in the previous formula. Upping this that much should be way too much.

Also this way the percentage of the achievement isn't saying very much. With (100 / completed) * (ecchi + (hentai*2)) you had something much closer to the real number of Ecchi and Hentai titles. Maybe if you put already a coefficient of 2 to Ecchi titles the Hentai titles shouldn't get a higher score. So 100 / completed * ((ecchi + hentai) * 2).
YzeelbApr 24, 2015 12:28 AM
Apr 24, 2015 1:12 AM
Feb 2015
It would be nice to have a way of checking progress for genre achievemenets before getting first level, for most of them it's not that much work to check number of anime with tag in favourites and substract all anime dropped, watching or on hold from it , then checking the github files which anime i completed also count, but with GAR and mahou shoujo it's a pain to rummage through the whole giant list to see which ones count multiple times ( i do this for friends to because i love playing around with stats like this )
Apr 24, 2015 1:34 AM

Sep 2013
FunnyGames said:
And when you ask people for good anime? In case you don't have some of the top popular anime in your list, you will get them anyways. (also based on my own experience)
Even when people ask me, I tell them some of the popular shows that I liked first and then the less popular.

Of course the popular anime are decent to get someone into the anime genre itself (I happened to get hooked after watching Death Note). But I encourage all people to choose what they watch and also what they talk about not based on any numbers. The conversations with people I have who do it this way too are ten times more interesting.

FunnyGames said:
You don't know if people would like it or not based on popularity, but then what's the point of all other achievements? I don't like Mecha at all, and there's such achievement for that. There's even a special "Boku no Pico" achievement, then why would I want to watch it? Or even the Pre-1980 achievement, it's hard to follow up new anime and watch the old anime at the same time.

Eh, maybe because there are some people out there who just like watching mecha, or the genre Boku no Pico belongs to? The existence of these achievements has not much to do with popularity, but instead with preferences. And besides, if someone is aiming for all achievements, they obviously don't care for numbers anyway as they watch almost everything.

FunnyGames said:
People who are interested in getting achievements would watch the requirements of that achievements even if it's not their best choices. (Like Mecha for me, or even GAR achievement)

I like achievements a lot, no doubt about that, but they should never force you to watch anime of a certain genre if you don't feel like it.
Apr 24, 2015 2:15 AM

Nov 2010
Crackmore said:
It would be nice to have a way of checking progress for genre achievemenets before getting first level, for most of them it's not that much work to check number of anime with tag in favourites and substract all anime dropped, watching or on hold from it , then checking the github files which anime i completed also count, but with GAR and mahou shoujo it's a pain to rummage through the whole giant list to see which ones count multiple times ( i do this for friends to because i love playing around with stats like this )

I agree, it's nice to see the progress and know how much have left. Of course greying out the images when there's no even level 1.

Xiaraith said:

Of course the popular anime are decent to get someone into the anime genre itself (I happened to get hooked after watching Death Note). But I encourage all people to choose what they watch and also what they talk about not based on any numbers. The conversations with people I have who do it this way too are ten times more interesting.

Same here, I got into anime because my friend recommended me Death Note and then I asked him for more, One Piece, Bleach came after. About encourage, if people would like to get this achievement, they will watch it, if not, then there's no a problem.
And by the way, there's 1 friend of mine who started to watch SAO because he heard it's good and many knows about it, so he wanted to check it out. I guess, there are some people who are interested in some of the popular anime.

Xiaraith said:

Eh, maybe because there are some people out there who just like watching mecha, or the genre Boku no Pico belongs to? The existence of these achievements has not much to do with popularity, but instead with preferences. And besides, if someone is aiming for all achievements, they obviously don't care for numbers anyway as they watch almost everything.

The reason I gave you Mecha and Boku no Pico examples are not because the popularity, else because you said there's no reason to encourage people to watch popular anime, yet there's also no reason to encourage people to watch Mecha or Boku no Pico anime...
Take "Mean Score" achievement, if I have 8.5+ avg. score, then I get "I love chinese cartoons" achievement, or 5- and 3- score, this achievement doesn't encourage anything, it's just for fun, the same goes for popularity, when someone by a chance watched top 10 popular anime, they would get an achievement for that.

Xiaraith said:
I like achievements a lot, no doubt about that, but they should never force you to watch anime of a certain genre if you don't feel like it.

In that case, there's no problem with popular anime. No one is forcing somebody to watch it.
I think achievements shouldn't be genre-specific only, they need to be more widely open to anything, and people should choose what they want to follow.
Apr 24, 2015 4:04 AM
Aug 2011
May I suggest to add an option to eliminate from the suggestion list series that you are pretty sure you will not watch? For example in my anime suggestions list there is the xxxHolic movie, that I'm not going to watch (I've already read the manga and I've found that one rather bad).
I think it would be useful an option to remove series like that from the list, so that you don't risk to be clogged by series that you aren't interested in

(sorry for any grammatical error, english isn't my first language)
Apr 24, 2015 6:00 AM

May 2012
Maybe achievements for anime from 1980's would be another one to go for. There's only an achievement for pre-1980s.

Apr 24, 2015 6:51 AM

Jul 2013
Nice to see the additional achievements.
Now I have been looking at the API documentation and it seems that rewatches have been added. I'm not sure of course since I've never used the API, but if so then it would be nice if this could be integrated into the stats.
It would be especially nice if we could keep track of both including and excluding rewatches seperately (like add a new column to the favourites table)
And if rewatches have been added you could also create an achievement based on this. There would be multiple ways of using it, but 2 possibilities would be to:
- Have a multi-level achievement based on how many series you rewatched, or how many in total
- Have a multi-level achievement based on the time spent ratio between normal time and rewatch time. For example if 50% of your time spent stat consists of rewatches.

Another suggestion would be to make the site properly responsive.
For those who seek perfection, there can be no rest on this side of the grave.
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
Apr 24, 2015 6:54 AM

Sep 2012
Bertock said:
--Snip--

Very interesting point. Seriously it's kinda irritating when people with big list click on recommendations and then you find out shows which are not even availabale on internet, not even in raw format. If there is any option to eliminate those shows from recommendations It will be a big help.

Also just NO to Popular anime achievements. It is not stable at all. Lets say at one point I have finished top 50(or whatever number you choose) popular anime to earn this achievement, suddenly few new anime in which I am not interested became popular and made their way in top popular anime and previous popular anime aren't in top 50 anymore. What then? Watch them to earn it Again.
Apr 24, 2015 7:05 AM

Jul 2013
I'd also like to add something in regards to the pervert achievement. I definitely like the achievement, but unfortunately the hentai and ecchi genres aren't very representative of what anime are perverted. Take for example Mnemosyne and Sakura Trick; those are only tagged as shoujo ai even though Mnemosyne clearly has nudity in it and what not.
On the other hand you also have series like Sono Hanabira and Boku no Pico which are rated as Rx - Hentai, but they don't have the hentai genre and thus wouldn't count in this achievement.

I guess that in order to get it more accurate you'd have to add those kind of series to the list manually like they are for say the GAR achievement (I doubt that counting the yaoi/yuri/shounen ai/shoujo ai genres would work since they also contain innocent shows like yuru yuri)
For those who seek perfection, there can be no rest on this side of the grave.
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
Apr 24, 2015 7:15 AM

Aug 2012
Inferno_Cop said:
-

I think some people wanted dynamic achievements. What really bugs me about a popularity/ rank achievement, is One Piece, which will finish at a yet unspecified point in the far future past 2050. It may just be one on-going anime right now, but there could be more getting popular in the future, which would make maxing such achievement (at least temporarily) impossible. Well even so, you could make the achievement like "Watch 75 out of the top 100 rated/ top 100 most popular" to eliminate some of hat uncertainty.
Apr 24, 2015 7:39 AM

Apr 2010
Inferno_Cop said:
Very interesting point. Seriously it's kinda irritating when people with big list click on recommendations and then you find out shows which are not even availabale on internet, not even in raw format. If there is any option to eliminate those shows from recommendations It will be a big help.

I would love it if the "Missing titles" recommandations excluded all titles linked to franchises where the only shows on my list were dropped.
(I.e., if I dropped Naruto after two episodes and watched nothing else, it's a reasonable assumption that I'm not interested in the various spin-offs and umpteen movies.)
This would reduce the size of my recommandations page by at least half, if not two thirds, and make it loadable without crashing my browser's JS engine down.
Apr 24, 2015 7:42 AM

Mar 2012
Deividas said:
I like your images and titles.

But #2 sounds similar to this (mystery manga, level 3)...

Thank you, I'm happy to help if I can.
It does seem similar, forgot to check for any similarities with the manga ones. I just checked and also noticed that my character in #2 is the same one as in the manga #1, so I changed it to another more well-known detective character along with the title, hope it's better this time:

2. Growing suspicions
http://i.imgur.com/l4zNiXq.png

It's suspicious because nothing looks suspicious, and if it looks suspicious from the start it's obviously suspicious.
Apr 24, 2015 8:30 AM
Feb 2015
FunnyGames said:
Crackmore said:

I agree, it's nice to see the progress and know how much have left. Of course greying out the images when there's no even level 1.

or just make viewing progress on achievements where level 1 hasn't been achieved yet a toggleable option like previous levels of level 2+ achievements so it won't show a massive list of grayed out achievements when viewing account of someone who hasn't obtained any/much achievements yet like myself ( though i´m halfway the mahou shoujo already simply for watching is this a zombie and Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica franchises and starting Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya because it´s a fate-stay spinoff, and the only serie in the franchise i´m planning to watch together with someone else )

Xiaraith said:
FunnyGames said:
People who are interested in getting achievements would watch the requirements of that achievements even if it's not their best choices. (Like Mecha for me, or even GAR achievement)

Well personally i woudn't go as far as watching anime i really don't feel like for achievements right now but i can tell there are a lot of achievement hunters who would go that far for achievements at least a a few hundreds of the 3330 people who rated fairy tail 3 or less, just for the sake of not dropping anything while anyone with common sense and no urge to complete everything to overrule it would have reasoned "hey, i really hate this show, maybe i should stop wasting my time on something i dislike and just drop it and start something else"

(sidenote, i really hate those people a lot in general (i don't really judge people as individuals, same way as people hating on gays, other religions, other races, ect. can all have a group of friends in that group but all of them being "exceptions" just for knowing them personally) because it's pretty sad how they waste hours, or even days of their life they could have spent doing something fun just so they can say they completed it and pretend that gives them more rights to write hatefull reviews and try to prevent anyone from trying it rather then just warning people it has *** and *** so they shound't watch it if they dislike *** and ***, and just spread hate about it in general to annoy the fanbase, in which they do a pretty good job if you ask me )

but wanting many achievement can passively motivate someone to be a bit more open minded and branch out to different genres or give a sense of direction when looking for new anime to start, like for instance if someone asked me for a recommendation and i know he wanted the mahou shoujo achievement i'd have even more reasons to recommend him is this a zombie giving him a hilarious piece of comedy that also happens to count for mahou shoujo achievement instead of just recommending him any of my higher rated/best suited for that person anime
CrackmoreApr 24, 2015 9:55 AM
Apr 24, 2015 8:57 AM

Nov 2013
Deividas said:

Not enough titles (<200) for dementia. And too much short anime.

That´s kind of a point, there is less dementia anime and mostly stuff nobody watches (but the anime itself is aviable for watching), so the achievement is more challenging.
And I don´t think short anime should be the problem, you can get the Pre-1970 anime for watching 10 short black and white movies too.

FunnyGames said:

Popularity is more stable than the average score, so top score is dropped before even thinking about it, too dynamic.

I don´t think watching bunch of most mainstream stuff is achievement worthy. And I´m sure there´s bunch of anime that did not finished airing yet, therefore completion would be impossible.

Apr 24, 2015 11:00 AM
May 2012
abystoma2 said:
Deividas said:

Not enough titles (<200) for dementia. And too much short anime.

That´s kind of a point, there is less dementia anime and mostly stuff nobody watches (but the anime itself is aviable for watching), so the achievement is more challenging.
And I don´t think short anime should be the problem, you can get the Pre-1970 anime for watching 10 short black and white movies too.

FunnyGames said:

I don´t think watching bunch of most mainstream stuff is achievement worthy. And I´m sure there´s bunch of anime that did not finished airing yet, therefore completion would be impossible.

Actually it would be good idea to add opposite achievement like that. Watchin the WORSE anime.
Apr 24, 2015 11:29 AM
Feb 2015
Indrug said:
various said:
lot of text

Actually it would be good idea to add opposite achievement like that. Watchin the WORSE anime.

Well we already have a boku no pico achievement and a no-drop achievement, while first one is a matter of preferences ( i haven't seen it myself, and i think i should be happy with that, but other people might like it more then most people do, because that's always the case with opinions ) and the latter one doesn't straightforwardly force you to watch bad stuff, just to complete bad stuff if you started something you don't like ( or not include it on your list ) it comes down to being forced to watch shit for the majority of the people
Apr 24, 2015 11:39 AM

Nov 2013
Indrug said:

Well, as I said: "How about two stand-alone achievements instead, one for watching x anime with mean score highter than 8, one for watching x anime with mean score lesser than let´s say 5,5?"

Btw, about the pervert achievement, are hentai counted as anime with hentai tag or as anime with 18+ rating? Because most of yuri and yaoi hentai does not have hentai tag as the yuri/yaoi itself implyies hentai.

Apr 24, 2015 12:01 PM

Jul 2013
Is it an idea to make fujoshi achievements? :3
I wouldn't mind to help making them ^^
Apr 24, 2015 12:22 PM
Feb 2012
I would like some charts based on start dates, finish dates, and airing year.

Some examples I've made in Excel
http://puu.sh/hilrY/c8cc1cbbc4.png
http://puu.sh/hehRW/f6bc2f3eba.png
http://puu.sh/hfgm5/ac7a81c54e.png
Apr 24, 2015 12:27 PM

Nov 2013
_North said:
I would like some charts based on start dates, finish dates, and airing year.

Some examples I've made in Excel
http://puu.sh/hilrY/c8cc1cbbc4.png
http://puu.sh/hehRW/f6bc2f3eba.png
http://puu.sh/hfgm5/ac7a81c54e.png

The graph for average score for airing dates is already there, but the third link is pretty cool idea.

Apr 24, 2015 12:36 PM
Feb 2012
abystoma2 said:

The graph for average score for airing dates is already there, but the third link is pretty cool idea.

Those are not the airing dates, but the dates I watched/finished a show.
Apr 24, 2015 12:44 PM

Mar 2012
Lwaxana said:
Is it an idea to make fujoshi achievements? :3
I wouldn't mind to help making them ^^

Even if there is not enough anime, I hope it's possible for at least manga achievements. I don't know what will be better - a normal 4 level one or awarded for percentage of shonen ai/yaoi manga out of total completed number like the "Plot" one, but both are a good idea.

Some other genres that don't have enough anime adaptations but have more manga should be considered too. I didn't think about it enough to list them, but I'm sure there are people interested in some of them, or maybe some that were rejected in the anime category can be accepted in the manga achievements.

Also I don't see why not have a light novels achievement, at least with one level after 15 or 20 completed titles, like the old anime/manga or long runner ones, they need more attention.
Apr 24, 2015 1:37 PM
May 2012
abystoma2 said:
Indrug said:

Well, as I said: "How about two stand-alone achievements instead, one for watching x anime with mean score highter than 8, one for watching x anime with mean score lesser than let´s say 5,5?"

Thats good for me. Maybe even better.
Apr 24, 2015 2:39 PM

Mar 2014
Mistery level 1 - Lost but understanding

http://i344.photobucket.com/albums/p334/COTTENCANDY17/hack__SIGN_12638theAnimeGallerycom1.jpg

You understood that there are a many secrets out there you can't accomplish yet, but the mistery is just beginning right now.

Mistery level 2 - Kid detective

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/10/103503/3547127-jimmy.jpg

While starting to gather all the hints are you getting better at all. There might be a bright future ahead of you, but don't forget you're still a kid detective.

Mistery level 3 - Kind of suspicious

http://www.mangauk.com/gallery/albums/album-19/lg/death_note.png

Already mastering the cases like a pro? Don't forget being gloomy doesn't help at all. Don't forget to sit upright and not too close to the screen. And most importantly DON'T EAT THE CAKE, it's a trap.

Mistery level max - know-it all

https://avvesione.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/hyouka-04-houtarou-thinking-analyzing-mystery-clocks-time.jpg

You mastered analysing every detail of upcoming cases. Hope you won't be bored from now on...

Would be awesome if you choose my ideas. xD
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 24, 2015 2:49 PM

Nov 2010
abystoma2 said:
Indrug said:

One anime with a mean higher than 8? There are more than 550 anime to watch, you get this achievement without even trying. Same about less than a 5.5, watch 1 dementia anime with 3 minutes long. (Nami or Utsu Musume Sayuri - first came to mind)
Those achievements are too easy to get. And there's already an average mean score (by you) achievement, I don't see a reason to add those 2 to tell the truth.

Achievement definition: "something accomplished, especially by superior ability, special effort, great courage, etc.; a great or heroic deed:".

Achievements should be fun way to watch anime.
Apr 24, 2015 2:53 PM

Mar 2014
schneeflueckli said:
Mistery level 1 - Lost but understanding

http://i344.photobucket.com/albums/p334/COTTENCANDY17/hack__SIGN_12638theAnimeGallerycom1.jpg

You understood that there are a many secrets out there you can't accomplish yet, but the mistery is just beginning right now.

Mistery level 2 - Kid detective

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/10/103503/3547127-jimmy.jpg

While starting to gather all the hints are you getting better at all. There might be a bright future ahead of you, but don't forget you're still a kid detective.

Mistery level 3 - Kind of suspicious

http://www.mangauk.com/gallery/albums/album-19/lg/death_note.png

Already mastering the cases like a pro? Don't forget being gloomy doesn't help at all. Don't forget to sit upright and not too close to the screen. And most importantly DON'T EAT THE CAKE, it's a trap.

Mistery level max - know-it all

https://avvesione.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/hyouka-04-houtarou-thinking-analyzing-mystery-clocks-time.jpg

You mastered analysing every detail of upcoming cases. Hope you won't be bored from now on...

Would be awesome if you choose my ideas. xD

Might someone be able to crop / change it to the needed size of picture? Not a master of using that stuff... .___.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 24, 2015 3:39 PM

Aug 2013
More achievements sounds delicious.
Apr 24, 2015 3:41 PM

Nov 2013
FunnyGames said:

One anime with a mean higher than 8? There are more than 550 anime to watch, you get this achievement without even trying. Same about less than a 5.5, watch 1 dementia anime with 3 minutes long. (Nami or Utsu Musume Sayuri - first came to mind)
Those achievements are too easy to get. And there's already an average mean score (by you) achievement, I don't see a reason to add those 2 to tell the truth.

Achievement definition: "something accomplished, especially by superior ability, special effort, great courage, etc.; a great or heroic deed:".

Achievements should be fun way to watch anime.

No, not one anime, one achievement, meaning it would have only one level, similar to Long Runner for example.

And about dementia, the challenging part is finding it (some of them are pretty obscure and hard to find) and of course watching it and staying sane.

Apr 24, 2015 3:46 PM

Aug 2011
Since there were some new anime achievements, I would like to see more for manga. Just as "mystery" also became anime achievement, something like "historical" or "slice of life" from anime section, would be also good for manga part. Also don't forget the "perverted" one, that was great idea after all :D
Apr 24, 2015 3:59 PM

Nov 2013
Ryuma00 said:
Since there were some new anime achievements, I would like to see more for manga. Just as "mystery" also became anime achievement, something like "historical" or "slice of life" from anime section, would be also good for manga part. Also don't forget the "perverted" one, that was great idea after all :D

GAR achievement for manga? Since mahou-shoujo is already there. I´d love GAR achivement for manga.

Apr 24, 2015 4:20 PM

Feb 2013
So is there gonna be a site like https://github.com/animesc/graph/blob/master/achievements.md where you show what all the available achievements are? That'd be nice for people with less completed anime/manga to look at and work towards.
Apr 24, 2015 4:32 PM

Nov 2010
abystoma2 said:

No, not one anime, one achievement, meaning it would have only one level, similar to Long Runner for example.

And about dementia, the challenging part is finding it (some of them are pretty obscure and hard to find) and of course watching it and staying sane.

After re-reading your last reply, "x anime" means some amount of anime.
It's worse than popular anime, as score is way more dynamic than position in popularity.
Then how about one achievement that checks if you have watched 50 popular anime? I have tracked the popular anime and it hasn't changed much, there were slight differences between the years. (starting 2012 as I started watching it) Most of top 50 are jumping between themselves, there are few 2012~2015 anime that actually get into here. The point is, new anime releases will not take over the top 50 so quick, unless it's something amazing like SAO or SnK that in a short time topped #2 and #3. (Though, SAO 2 is in top 50, so I guess SnK 2 will also top 50 when it released in 2016)
Apr 24, 2015 5:50 PM

Jun 2013
Since you're giving achievements for Boku no Pico there should be an achievement for the brave souls that managed to sit through Mars of Destruction.
My signature is lame...
Apr 24, 2015 6:30 PM
noiz cancelling

Jan 2008
I would like to see a manga achievement for completing X number of works by Tezuka Osamu, who is often referred to as the godfather of anime/manga. There are over a hundred different manga entries accredited to him for story/art. It seems reasonable enough as long as you focus on either a single tier (30+ titles) or two tiers (maybe 30 and 60).
NumiApr 24, 2015 6:35 PM
Apr 24, 2015 6:37 PM

Jun 2013
Hey also it seems recommendations never go away unless you add them to your list in someway. I was wondering if you could find some way to fix that or something. Pleaseeee? ^.^
My signature is lame...
Apr 24, 2015 6:53 PM

Mar 2013
Numi said:
I would like to see a manga achievement for completing X number of works by Tezuka Osamu, who is often referred to as the godfather of anime/manga. There are over a hundred different manga entries accredited to him for story/art. It seems reasonable enough as long as you focus on either a single tier (30+ titles) or two tiers (maybe 30 and 60).

Rumiko Takahashi would also be a good idea for a achievement like that.

gardevoir7 said:
Hey also it seems recommendations never go away unless you add them to your list in someway. I was wondering if you could find some way to fix that or something. Pleaseeee? ^.^

Likely nothing could be done if you don't mean Missing titles.
added the fourth most popular anime onto this site
Apr 24, 2015 7:07 PM

Apr 2013
¿podrían agregar mas logros a mangas? Es injusto que los animes tenga mas que los de mangas
Lukaz94Apr 24, 2015 7:13 PM
Apr 24, 2015 8:04 PM
Nov 2012
Lukz94 said:
¿podrían agregar mas logros a mangas? Es injusto que los animes tenga mas que los de mangas

I agree, we should have more Manga achievements. Like stated earlier by Ryuma00 and abystoma2, why not add the GAR, historical, hentai/ecchi, and slice of life as achievements for Manga?

Also what is the current scale you are using for the hentai/ecchi achievement is it:

100 / completed * (ecchi * 2 + hentai * 4)

or

100 / completed * (ecchi + hentai * 2)

or something else? I think times hentai by 4 and ecchi by 2 is a little overkill.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (28) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » Custom List Maintenance

Half_Bl00d - Feb 28, 2017

11 by TheM4ngaMan »»
Feb 3, 4:32 AM

Sticky: » Support ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Deividas - Apr 20, 2015

737 by GaOMn03 »»
Jan 27, 3:42 AM

» List of Series Used for the Achievement Badges

Half_Bl00d - May 13, 2020

0 by Half_Bl00d »»
May 13, 2020 6:37 AM

Sticky: » Custom Lists [READ BEFORE POSTING IN CUSTOM LIST MAINTENANCE THREAD]

Half_Bl00d - Mar 1, 2017

4 by Half_Bl00d »»
Mar 1, 2017 2:32 AM

Sticky: » ♦ LIST OF SUGGESTIONS [ READ BEFORE POSTING IN THE SUGGESTIONS THREAD ]

Half_Bl00d - Feb 22, 2017

2 by Half_Bl00d »»
Feb 22, 2017 4:36 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.