Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 18, 2015 8:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Another lighthearted episode. Is it just me or is Isla in her swimming outfit a lot more?

And what's up with that exercise session? lol. I think this was one of the funniest episode yet. Gotta be careful when training heh. And this was just a silly way to try to get Isla's attention:

Apr 18, 2015 11:25 AM

Aug 2014
Meh. Not many feels.. But good overall, yet again.
Apr 18, 2015 11:33 AM

Jul 2012
Looks like Isla doesn't want to get close to anyone so that they won't be sad when she's gone.
Apr 18, 2015 11:37 AM

Aug 2013
therandomestguy said:
Looks like Isla doesn't want to get close to anyone so that they won't be sad when she's gone.

I think so too.
BTW, another very good episode. After 3 EPs, for me it is aots.
rsc-plApr 18, 2015 12:00 PM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Apr 18, 2015 11:42 AM

Jul 2010
Tsubasa trying to get Isla's attention at the dorms was hilarious!

From working out to being a chuunibiyou! Michiru's facial expressions and reactions were great!

That bee too!

Looking forward to Isla accepting that even if there are going to be sadness, the happiness by far outweighs the sadness. If nothing were to begin to evade sadness, at the end, it will be one lonely road. Thinking about this makes me sad already...

Taking Isla on a small outing, it was nice to see that Isla is more like her usual self at home too.
Apr 18, 2015 11:43 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Comedy was a complete hit in this episode. Even though i don't exactly wanna see comedy in an anime like this, but if it's really good like in this episode, i don't mind.

Great episode. I can understand Isla, she probably doesn't wanna hurt herself or her friends.
Apr 18, 2015 11:46 AM

Sep 2014
Memories,Isla, Memories...

We know you do not want to lose them..
Apr 18, 2015 11:48 AM
Feb 2015
What's with all the girl advice xD LMAO
I'm pretty sure she doesn't want to make any memories with anyone. When she is gone people will be sad, that's probley what she is afraid of...
[center] *>.>[Spoiler][/spoiler]<.<*
[center]
Apr 18, 2015 11:59 AM

Jan 2014
That was a hilarious episode but at the same time, a bit sad.
Apr 18, 2015 11:59 AM

Jul 2014
Well that went south fast. Giftia have been around for at least a decade and it's the guy's job to deal with them and he doesn't know if they eat or not. Is he the stupidest person on the planet? Also so many ridiculous over reactions in this episode. This show went from fantastic sci-fi to garbage tier ecchi in record time. Enjoy operation lucky pervert if you can.
Apr 18, 2015 12:00 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
I like how Tsukasa started taking noted for Lucky Sukebe dai Saksen as Eru instructed him to. Almost like he secretly admits to be a pervert.

Although repetitive, those awkward moments with Tsukasa trying to get friendly with Isla but failing every time were hilarious; especially how he tried to act like Dark Flame Master in a maid outfit. XD

The little outing was pretty nice. Too bad, Isla refused the amusement park treat. It's quite understandable why she acted this way though.

Decent episode. Need more Zack and Michiru moments though.

Apr 18, 2015 12:10 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
The first half of this episode was just hilarious, lol
Apr 18, 2015 12:12 PM

Feb 2014
Isla doesn't what to make memories huh? I guess from the point of view of a Giftia is a reasonable choice...

I'm pretty sure Tsukasa will break her shell and make memories with her.
Apr 18, 2015 12:15 PM

Jan 2014
R-OrioN said:
Memories,Isla, Memories...

We know you do not want to lose them..

Isla is a national trasure that deserves to be preserved forever
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 18, 2015 12:20 PM

Nov 2013
I bet this will get heavy within 2 episodes
Apr 18, 2015 12:21 PM

Jul 2014
I really like the way that this show has found such a good balance between its humour and drama, as to be expected from a show by the director of Engaegd To The Unidentified. Tsukasa acting on the advice he was given was pretty good, but what completed those scenes for me were the increasingly disgusted expressions made by Michiru. The drama at the end was handled well, but I wonder how long it will take before Tsukasa figures out just how little time Isla has left. Her reaction when Tsukasa talked about making new memories was very interesting.
Apr 18, 2015 12:31 PM

Jul 2014
From brilliant tragedy to brilliant comedy in three episodes - BRB, building a temple of Doga Kobo.
Apr 18, 2015 12:34 PM

Apr 2015
Average but amusing episode.
Apr 18, 2015 12:43 PM

Sep 2012
Awry said:

The feels will come, trust me.

Better take these lighthearted eps to heart and brace yourself.
Oh god who are you people?
Apr 18, 2015 12:51 PM

Apr 2014
I could identify a little bit when he was trying to get her attention
---------My Profile------------
Apr 18, 2015 12:57 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
This was definitely the funniest episode of the series so far xDD Probably the funniest thing I've seen all day so far

I REALLY like the personality and the antics of the blonde hair girl with the big boobs...She makes me laugh and smile and that's all I really need :'') Seeing how Michiru reacted to Tsukasa living with Isla as well as her reactions whenever she came to their room was priceless lol....The workout one was my favorite (Tsukasa is surprisingly really fit =o)

The gist of the episode of simply Tsukasa trying to get Isla to open up to him and I thoroughly enjoyed seeing it all play out....I wasn't sure if Isla was just shy or not but now I think that she acts like that because she knows that one day she'll lose her memories and doesn't want to forget good memories so she doesn't try to bond with anyone anymore :(

No major feels in this episode (I'm not complaining because I don't think that I can another feels train for the 3rd time in a row lol) but it was still really good nonetheless....Really liked the comedy in this one - The thing about the boss and his daughter lol, when they said that his daughter told him that she doesn't even want him to wash his clothes in the machine with hers I almost DIED OF LAUGHTER xDDD
Apr 18, 2015 12:58 PM

Oct 2014
this episode was a lot more on the comedy side but it still showed us more about Isla I really hope he can get her to share her thoughts with him and hopefully it wont crush tsukasa when he finds out her life is almost up

I am also kind of glad with all the feels I have had from the other animes today that this was lighthearted
Apr 18, 2015 1:01 PM

Aug 2010
Loving Tsukasa's interactions with Michiru lol...Her faces are hilarious XD And the way Zack owns her every now and then is funny :P

The way Tsukasa took "Bulk up" literally was lol All DEM FAILS XD Esp the Chuu2 cross dressing one XD Michiru's reactions to him were priceless XD

Gotta love how Isla just wears a shirt when she's at home! All Dat skin exposure :L

Fun episode. But the ending was really sad :( Isla just doesn't want anyone to get attached to her anymore. It'll only make it painful.

Dat ED tho T^T Isla's smile can melt a heart >.< <3
Apr 18, 2015 1:04 PM

Jun 2014
wow, i actually laughed for once, i like this
:3
Apr 18, 2015 1:04 PM

Nov 2014
Loved the comedy in this episode
Hi there
Apr 18, 2015 1:10 PM
Oct 2014
Twas was comedic, yet sad. Loved the reaction faces. Dont be sad that you will disappear, Isla. Be glad that you've existed!
Apr 18, 2015 1:13 PM

Feb 2015
Tsukasa can't catch a break when it comes to getting friendly with Isla aha~

Good episode. I especially like the development with Isla and how she handles memories in general.
Sokah said:
Well that went south fast. Giftia have been around for at least a decade and it's the guy's job to deal with them and he doesn't know if they eat or not. Is he the stupidest person on the planet? Also so many ridiculous over reactions in this episode. This show went from fantastic sci-fi to garbage tier ecchi in record time. Enjoy operation lucky pervert if you can.
Oh lord I don't know why you expected sci-fi to be the main focus of this anime. Yes it has sci-fi elements but it should have been obvious that the humor and drama would be the main focus.
Apr 18, 2015 1:14 PM

Feb 2011
guess isla is rewatching her memories when she's sitting like that

lol tsukasa is an idiot even more than expected xD
and michiru coming in everytime is even more hilarious xD
why with that black dress, whyyyyyy
omg, don't listen to that real pervert of Yasutaka, no, no....
he's really hopeless...

isla shows so many signs of an old person, as if she's aging faster than an human

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Apr 18, 2015 1:16 PM

Jun 2013
Lots of rinse and repeat moments but I still like the effort that Tsukasa is trying to put just to let Isla open up.
Apr 18, 2015 1:29 PM

May 2014
BRACE YOURSELFS THE FEELS ARE COMING !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 18, 2015 1:31 PM

Oct 2014
Well, this was certainly a funny episode. I love how Tsukasa failed every time that he tried to strike up a conversation with Isla. At this rate, Michiru really is going to think that he's a pervert. Haha
Apr 18, 2015 1:42 PM

Aug 2014
chakracat said:
Awry said:

The feels will come, trust me.

Better take these lighthearted eps to heart and brace yourself.

Ik what you mean. Enjoy the comedy before hand and prepare yourself for the future.

:'<
Apr 18, 2015 1:43 PM

Jan 2014
Got damn it... i can already tell that letting Isla go will be painful, it was a funny episode nonetheless.
Apr 18, 2015 1:57 PM

Jul 2014
llcruz said:
Isla doesn't what to make memories huh? I guess from the point of view of a Giftia is a reasonable choice...

I'm pretty sure Tsukasa will break her shell and make memories with her.

I would assume she doesn't want other people to make memories of her so that they don't hurt like the people whose giftia she takes away get hurt when she shuts down. But maybe that is far too clever for a show aimed at 8 year olds with humor like "there is a bee on your nose which requires me to punch you as hard as I can [insert laugh track here]."
Apr 18, 2015 2:10 PM

Oct 2013
The comedy did the same scenario like 7 times, but surprisingly enough, it didn't get repetitive and each scenario was funny, which I consider a pretty big feat.

I can understand why Isla doesn't want to make memories. She knows her end is coming very soon, and she doesn't want Tsukasa to become attached to her or anything.

Great first few episodes so far. I hope they start expanding on some other characters soon though. This will probably be my anime of the season.
Apr 18, 2015 2:10 PM

Sep 2014
This series is pretty awesome! I didn't expect much from it when I saw the preview, but now I'm totally hooked now. Not a single letdown whatsoever. I'm loving it.

Isla being so stoic was a little surprising, given how she was always trying her best and whatnot. I guess they could have foreshadowed that side of her a little better, but it still makes a lot of sense, so it doesn't bother me in the slightest. The wrap up was kind of abrupt, but I don't care much about it either since the episode was a lot of fun and heartwarming.

Some of the scenes were pretty cute and it'll be really nice to see her open up a bit as the story progresses. All in all, they're doing a great job with the comedy and the more emotional scenes in this series.

I find it hard to believe the score is still below 8 - after all, most people in the discussion threads that like this genre seem to be really enjoying it. Maybe people were just expecting something else? I mean, the sci-fi tag alone is really misleading and it should be fixed, but that doesn't make the show bad. It just happens to be something else.
Apr 18, 2015 2:15 PM

Jan 2015
That reference to Rikka from Chuunibyou had me in stitches! xD
Apr 18, 2015 2:16 PM

Dec 2013
Ok episode. Didn't really find the comedy that funny...
Apr 18, 2015 2:25 PM

May 2014
So our character building episode is done with a repeating gag of Tsukasa trying to accommodate Isla after she closes up in herself after the day. This would be fine if the skits were actually funny, they were not. Michiru is still the same abusive tsundere given all the reasons to beat this shit out of Tsukasa. So no, get out!

Isla... she'd just solve this by saying: if you want to connect with a dying person with wavering memories, be my guest, but I refuse to cause you pain.
But her desire to be useful, accommodating in her way, to show competence keeps that inside , there's no reason to cause drama and to make others worry, just leave it and it will leave you, eventually it will end. Fulfill your purpose to have a fulfilling life, nothing more, nothing less, attachment will only lead to suffering. I'd kill the show if it had that conveyed clearly later, but for now when it clumsily inserts the keyword "memories" out of nowhere and uses that for its episodic climax, I doubt that will happen.

This show is more concerned with its quirks and comedy early on thinking it makes for good characterization attaching us to the characters, well too bad, because I'm identifying with Isla since like many otakus I've seen myself as useless and pathetic, instead of understanding how she as a person is going through it, I have to project myself onto her, since, like many, I identify with the introversion and the desire for a competent professional image. I also avoid emotional issues, covering them up and looking for distractions. But you'll have to wait for those episodes.
Apr 18, 2015 2:57 PM
Jul 2018
It was a funny episode.

I really like the how Tsukasa want to make Isla pay attention to him and how Michiru misunderstood the situations.
Apr 18, 2015 2:59 PM
Nov 2014
Comedy wasn't that funny lol. Needs more feels.
Apr 18, 2015 3:02 PM

Feb 2012
I hope whoever came up with the idea that "each episode of our series should have 20 minutes of non-plot related, canned slice-of-life and two minutes of plot-relevant drama-hinting" is now working for a garbage company.
I Write About Anime (and other stuff) At Standing On My Neck
Apr 18, 2015 3:19 PM

Apr 2014
Funniest episode so far XD

I like how Isla doesn't give a fuck no matter what Tsukasa does

Apr 18, 2015 3:38 PM

Sep 2014
Flawfinder said:
I hope whoever came up with the idea that "each episode of our series should have 20 minutes of non-plot related, canned slice-of-life and two minutes of plot-relevant drama-hinting" is now working for a garbage company.

Whoa, why so much anger? Isn't it pretty clear that the relationship between humans and Giftia is the actual plot? Or more precisely, how they deal with the fact that their memories will be gone and they'll die sooner than most people?

Isla is clearly one of the main characters here, so I can't see how showing that side of her is irrelevant. Plus, this is clearly a mix of comedy and drama. Complaining about that is like blaming Steins;Gate for having sci-fi elements or Gintama for being silly. You may not like it and that's perfectly fine, but there are people who do.
Apr 18, 2015 3:39 PM

Dec 2014
Was that a Chuunibyou reference??? I LIKE IT xD
Apr 18, 2015 3:39 PM

Sep 2014
AkameGaKillem said:
Was that a Chuunibyou reference??? I LIKE IT xD

hahaha yeah, I'm pretty sure it was lol
Apr 18, 2015 3:43 PM
Dec 2012
I laughed so hard at Tsukasa's effort. The bulk up and the chuunibyou reference.
Apr 18, 2015 3:48 PM

Oct 2014
Very funny episode. Doesn´t matter what Tsukasa does, Isla doesn´t pay attention to him. XD And all the other Characters were great as well. Only the scene at the amusement park was a little bit sad.
Holy Madoka! The Yuri is strong here!

My Anime List
Apr 18, 2015 3:52 PM
Anime Moderator
᠎ Master Öqvily᠎

Aug 2014
Another great episode, not as mutch feels ast the other two but still really good!

Forum set made by my
secret santa, Nate!
Apr 18, 2015 3:57 PM

May 2012
Oh nice, we finally get to see the actual ending sequence. I wonder what Isla is supposed to be saying at the end of it though.

Pretty enjoyable and funny episode. Learning what's going on through Isla's mind as she comes towards the end of her life. Guess she doesn't want to make memories since they'll end up being deleted in the end anyway.

Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Are they really Android?

Animo_san - Apr 13

0 by Animo_san »»
Apr 13, 5:58 AM

Poll: » Plastic Memories Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2015

534 by Moonlit_whisper1 »»
Mar 22, 12:13 PM

Poll: » Plastic Memories Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2015

547 by Penguinu »»
Jan 16, 2:07 AM

» Plastic memories

Golden__Darkness - May 16, 2015

8 by Shinetizinho »»
Jan 13, 6:25 PM

» How did you feel while watching this and what impression did the anime leave on you? ( 1 2 )

sorames - Jun 8, 2023

50 by maximovich »»
Jan 12, 2:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.