Forum Settings
Forums

Light Novel 'Gakusen Toshi Asterisk' Adapted to Anime for Fall 2015

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Apr 4, 2015 11:36 AM

May 2012
PV looks so good

I hope it will be 2 cours
Apr 4, 2015 11:43 AM

Jun 2013
About me, i think it will be a good anime. Since i have liked strong main. I only worry about design, hope it will get a good art.
Apr 4, 2015 12:23 PM

Apr 2011
This is interesting, plus its an harem anime. Can't say its a good or bad to adapt this but reading the manga, the plot is okay. I'm surprise there's a PV already and its in english.

I'm hoping Magika no Kenshi gets animated as well.
Apr 4, 2015 12:35 PM

Feb 2012
A-1+LN+Gary Stu+Generic overused premise that the industry keeps shamelessly churning out because its sells=Shit

Yeah Nope, im not doing this again.
IciBurnApr 4, 2015 12:40 PM
Apr 4, 2015 12:39 PM

Aug 2013
Just reading the synopsis it sounds as generic as white bread.

And as everyone else is speculating, the adaptation will probably be awful.

BUT the art in the PV looks fucking legit, and I eat this generic shit up like there's no tomorrow, so I'll still watch it.
Apr 4, 2015 12:39 PM

Aug 2013
Kaioshin_Sama said:
I think its fair to say at this juncture A-1 is the most polarizing company in the industry. I would just like some indication that they care at all about anything the adapt and aren't just choosing titles based on how popular they are and how many Blu-Rays they think they can sell cause frankly it doesn't look like they do much. Also their love of Gary Stuff MCs and hacknyed storytelling and character development is noted . When do they announce Matsuoka and Amamiya as the leads anyway? Will LiSA sing the theme song or Garnedilia Choices... Choices...

Nanatsu no Taizai. Hater argument invalid.
Apr 4, 2015 2:11 PM

Nov 2012
Can't wait for this to get animated..., Fall seems so far away from now!
Apr 4, 2015 2:33 PM
Mar 2012
Great! Another 3-4/10 anime made with harem.
Apr 4, 2015 3:04 PM

Apr 2013
- combination of School life /ecchi/harem/action/fantasy
- MF Bunko J
-"That" scene used as encounter between characters

-> typical LN from MF bunko J here. They really do that type a lot.
It will please the usual readers of that label, as well as those who like the adaptations of that label, no doubt about it. For those who usually don't like (like me), there's nothing to hope there.
Apr 4, 2015 4:01 PM

Jan 2014
Jonesy974 said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:
I think its fair to say at this juncture A-1 is the most polarizing company in the industry. I would just like some indication that they care at all about anything the adapt and aren't just choosing titles based on how popular they are and how many Blu-Rays they think they can sell cause frankly it doesn't look like they do much. Also their love of Gary Stuff MCs and hacknyed storytelling and character development is noted . When do they announce Matsuoka and Amamiya as the leads anyway? Will LiSA sing the theme song or Garnedilia Choices... Choices...

And Shigatsu
Apr 4, 2015 9:20 PM

Oct 2007
Jonesy974 said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:

Not really...I mean if you want to go that route you probably have a dozen or more people in this thread citing similar arguments to quote
Apr 5, 2015 12:00 AM
Mar 2009
Synopsis sounds great!

...if I didn't read the exact same premise hundreds of times over now. Bloated industry and stagnation, ugh.
Apr 5, 2015 12:28 AM
Feb 2012
How long has it been since a really good light novel was adapted into an anime? I frankly don't remember anymore. But I suppose it's easier to produce another shit-show that will make the hordes of otaku out there stuff their hands in their pants.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Apr 5, 2015 12:58 AM

Aug 2013
I bet my ass Matsuoka will be the MC.
Apr 5, 2015 5:47 AM
Oct 2010
Hongu said:
>A-1
>Mahouka director
>Generic ecchi harem LN
FUCKING MASTERPIECE IN THE MAKING.

lmao my thoughts exactly.
Apr 5, 2015 6:44 AM

Dec 2009
It might be generic harem LN but that Rasmus Faber on music is too hard to ignore.
Apr 5, 2015 7:43 AM

Apr 2009
Yohimo_asakura said:
Jonesy974 said:

And Shigatsu

I like Nanatsu, but the anime is mediocre at best. A-1 are just not good with action.

And Shigatsu... well, if you have low standards for drama I suppose you might find it acceptable. It's certainly not an action show though and probably the only A-1 show in recent memory that didn't look badly when they had a lot of animation in scenes.

minoru09 said:
It might be generic harem LN but that Rasmus Faber on music is too hard to ignore.

Literally the only good thing about this show, but buying just the OST seems like a move that is infinitely wiser than watching 1-cour of this crap.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Apr 5, 2015 8:19 AM

Nov 2008
Rachmaninow said:
How long has it been since a really good light novel was adapted into an anime? I frankly don't remember anymore. But I suppose it's easier to produce another shit-show that will make the hordes of otaku out there stuff their hands in their pants.

Haganai and Ro-Kyu-Bu

Apr 5, 2015 12:52 PM

Sep 2013
Shigatsu is so bad lol.
Apr 5, 2015 1:32 PM

Sep 2013
Rachmaninow said:

Shinmai maou no testament.
Apr 5, 2015 5:20 PM

Jul 2013
Damn that PV got my hyped.
Read the LN quite a while ago, filled with interesting twweeests.
Apr 5, 2015 5:59 PM
💉 🩸 🩹 💖 🏥

Feb 2012
i lol'd @ "star wars festival"

music sounds pretty good. might watch it.
"Be the change you wish to see in the world."

Apr 6, 2015 12:14 AM

Jan 2013
HeroKenzan said:
>LN adaptation
>A1-Pictures
no thanks ;)
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
Idc if you think its weird, I have a life and friends and an income of money.

Apr 6, 2015 2:02 AM
Feb 2014
I felt like I just heard this announcement exactly a month ago...

Pass.
Apr 6, 2015 7:23 AM

Jan 2014
hmm, might give it a try
Apr 9, 2015 12:35 PM

Feb 2015
What would this site be without people complaining every time a generic light novel is announced and then bashing the studio that’s handling it, and then derailing from the main topic into bashing and complaining about other series?

I’m sure that 90% of the people complaining in here didn’t even know about the existence of this light novel until just recently, so I find it laughable to see them complaining about how the studio will not faithful adapted it, thus everything will be ruined. Me? well I’m sure (or at least hope) the studio can handle such a generic series like this. They did a good job handling Saekano most recently, so why no this one.

Honestly there is no studio out there that I can think of that have an excellent track record adapting light novels/novels. It is usually about 50/50 chance a studio adapting it will get it right (not prefect, just right). People will still complain though. I for once do not care who it’s handling this particular run of the mill generic light novel as long as it turns out to be fun and has fairly good production values. After watching the PV, I’m willing to at least give it a try when it comes out this fall.

Wintovisky said:
Shigatsu is so bad lol.

MAL user at its finest. Making a comment that’s completely irrelevant to the topic just to state his/her dislike for a completely different series (here have a cookie for effort). This might sound hard for you to believe, but I’m sure no one in this topic cares what you think about Shigatsu. The only thing that comment of yours is doing is wasting space.

May 16, 2015 2:03 PM
May 2015
Looks like a Infinie Stratos copy. No wonder, it's Okiura again. Even the girls look almost the same. Lololo, had nothing against IS, maybe I'll give it a shot.
May 16, 2015 6:48 PM

Sep 2010
Jonesy974 said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:

The manga is better though. =/

The only few good series they produced were AnoHana,Gin no Saji, Kuroshitsuji: Book of Circus, Magi: The Kingdom of Magic, Big Windup, Shinsekai Yori, Space Brothers, Tsuritama, the first two seasons of Utapri, and Working!!. The rest are either decent or garbage.

Slice of life is their strong suit I honestly think. A-1 is one of the worse companies along with Toei
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
May 16, 2015 7:07 PM
Feb 2015
Sweet!
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» J.C.Staff Produces 'Kidou Keisatsu Patlabor: EZY' Anime for 2026

Vindstot - Yesterday

24 by Yorusigh »»
2 hours ago

» Novel 'Ganbatte Ikimasshoi' Gets Anime Movie

DatRandomDude - Mar 21

6 by Tacsk0 »»
3 hours ago

» Manga 'Kaoru Hana wa Rin to Saku' Gets TV Anime in 2025

DatRandomDude - Sep 15

36 by GoldenDevilGamer »»
4 hours ago

» Board Game 'Murder Mystery of the Dead' Gets TV Anime in Fall 2024

DatRandomDude - 12 hours ago

6 by CocoaGalaxy »»
5 hours ago

» 'Tokidoki Bosotto Russia-go de Dereru Tonari no Alya-san' 2nd Season in Production

Vindstot - Sep 18

26 by RobertBobert »»
7 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.