Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 3, 2015 10:39 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
First episode came on youtube from Bandai Channel with pre-air. It starts off with a bit of narration.

Great stuff so far with decent soundtrack, characters, and the dark urban setting. They showed more than I had thought but they got most of it right imo. There's some foreshadowing in the end but overall pretty well done. Loved the theme song at the end as well. Seems like we are getting more action next time but I loved the classical theme tones as well. Nice. But for this episode, I think Klaus and Zapp stole a good amount of action especially in the second half :>

I wonder how far they will adapt this though but overall has good impression on it so far.
Stark700Apr 3, 2015 10:45 AM
Apr 3, 2015 1:32 PM

Oct 2012
It's a great feeling when a show lives up to your expectations, but it's an even better one when it completely surpasses them on almost every level.

Obvious Kyousougiga vibes here, which was to be expected as they share the same director; Rie Matsumoto, but even then I think she did a great job with this. I'm glad she decided to keep the attack name text as it adds a considerable amount of style to the anime and I loved how she did the opening scene, which was quite reminiscent of Kyousougiga's. Otherwise it was pretty much faithful to the manga IIRC, although I don't think that will last long with the original character yet to be introduced.

Bones did some good work too and the whole episode just seemed very high-budget and well produced with some great animation, especially in that last fight scene which was the highlight of the episode for me. It makes me wonder if this will be 1 or 2-cour and if the quality will last the whole way through.
Apr 4, 2015 5:08 AM

Aug 2011
stop spoiling you bastard!!!
Apr 4, 2015 5:20 AM

Apr 2014
That animation, my god.

If they continue like this, it'll become one of my favorite animes.

Zapp = Definition of "badass".
Apr 4, 2015 8:29 AM

Aug 2014
AoTS
Apr 4, 2015 9:23 AM

Jul 2014
Leonardo reminds me of Happy from Hamatora lol. Seems decent but i'll just wait for subs. Come on funimation. You got some good titles but you're slacking.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 4, 2015 12:59 PM

Feb 2014
Apr 4, 2015 1:24 PM

Oct 2012
kyuudere said:

More like it didn't try at all. It only gave us the bare minimum, which is fine, as long as they get around to his past eventually. As for the God thing, I'm nearly certain that it's going to be a plot point, at least I hope, otherwise there would be no point putting it in the anime.

I have the same problem about the cast and it's only going to get worse with Gintama airing in the same season.
Apr 4, 2015 4:14 PM
Oct 2013
I don't buy the story but I love the production quality and music.
Apr 4, 2015 7:23 PM

Dec 2014
Hey look, it's the "look I can direct and animate at the same time!" director from Kyousougiga, and an average TV drama writer, and Bones...Damn it.

Besides the high production value there's not much to say, at least unlike other Bones productions it's not boring, but you can't help but feel the production team doesn't care a bit for the audience, in that aspect it could be the worst anime of this season right from the start, just saying.
Apr 4, 2015 8:10 PM
Nov 2014
Where are you guys watching this show? Funimation is supposed to be the official streamer, but they don't even have a page for it yet and elsewhere on the internet all I find are raws and shitty screen recordings of the raws...
Apr 4, 2015 10:01 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
stringtheory00 said:
Where are you guys watching this show? Funimation is supposed to be the official streamer, but they don't even have a page for it yet and elsewhere on the internet all I find are raws and shitty screen recordings of the raws...
Funi are too busy trying to censor DxD I bet lol
Apr 4, 2015 10:07 PM

Feb 2014
Koybz said:

More like it didn't try at all. It only gave us the bare minimum, which is fine, as long as they get around to his past eventually. As for the God thing, I'm nearly certain that it's going to be a plot point, at least I hope, otherwise there would be no point putting it in the anime.

I have the same problem about the cast and it's only going to get worse with Gintama airing in the same season.

Hmmm, I hope so. Maybe Leo joining Libra to get back her sister or something like that.
By the way, I heard from someone who read the manga that licensed by Viz, this is going to be episodic, with different case / enemy every weeks. But in the later story, it's going back to the main plot.

Well, from the preview, it seems that way. If I remember correctly the title for episode 2 is "chasing for the Ghost Wagon" or something like that. So, rather the main plot, probably we'll get more world building, through Leo's adventure with Libra.

I guess I'll keep watching this for the action.

stringtheory00 said:

Well, I streamed on Daisuki.
http://www.daisuki.net/anime/watch/BloodBlockadeBattlefront/AYc

But seems only available for Asian region...
kyuudereApr 4, 2015 11:08 PM
Apr 4, 2015 11:01 PM

Apr 2014
Now that was pretty awesome. Animation, ost, art, fight scenes...

I think Leo will join Libra to know more about his "eyes" rather than getting her sister back. The next episode looks like it's going to be packed with more action.
Apr 4, 2015 11:40 PM

Jul 2013
interesting start...looking forward to see where this is headed
Apr 5, 2015 12:59 AM

Dec 2014
kyuudere said:
Koybz said:

Hmmm, I hope so. Maybe Leo joining Libra to get back her sister or something like that.
By the way, I heard from someone who read the manga that licensed by Viz, this is going to be episodic, with different case / enemy every weeks. But in the later story, it's going back to the main plot.

Well, from the preview, it seems that way. If I remember correctly the title for episode 2 is "chasing for the Ghost Wagon" or something like that. So, rather the main plot, probably we'll get more world building, through Leo's adventure with Libra.

I guess I'll keep watching this for the action.

So it will be an episodic anime with the MC try to find out his sister by joining an underground organization. I got some Darker Than Black vibes here.
Anyway it was a good start I think, and I'll give it a chance for sure
Apr 5, 2015 5:38 AM

Aug 2008
I find this pretty compelling! I love Ishida Akira's role so much, can't get enough of his voice acting. XD The whole cast is excellent in fact. I'm definitely enjoying this series, for now.

And BUMP OF CHICKEN! <3
Apr 5, 2015 6:45 AM

Dec 2011
i cant find this anime with english subs either. Really annoying and at the same time surprising.looks like a quality anime
Apr 5, 2015 6:47 AM

Feb 2014
Its been subed , good first ep .
Apr 5, 2015 7:09 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
That was a great first episode !
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Apr 5, 2015 7:19 AM

Apr 2013
Really fun setting and amazing visuals, in my top 4 premiere with plasmo, arslan and soma
Bones is putting a huge amount of effort into this, just hoping that the material do deserves such recognition
Apr 5, 2015 7:24 AM

Apr 2014
Is this ever going to get subbed?
Apr 5, 2015 7:28 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
That was very nice, i love the setting. Characters seem to be a big selling point of this anime, i'm liking Zap the most so far.
Apr 5, 2015 7:28 AM
Jul 2010
What high production values?
It looks pretty mediocre. Everything-wise. Story, art, OST.
I just came to this after watching FSN UBW and Owari no Seraph, so this might have affected my standarts a bit, but it still doesn't deserve to be called a big budget production.
Apr 5, 2015 7:34 AM

Jul 2014
waterflame said:
I just came to this after watching FSN UBW and Owari no Seraph, so this might have affected my standarts a bit, but it still doesn't deserve to be called a big budget production.

Seraph is pretty mediocre except for the ost and the fight scenes. It is riddled with cliches. So I wouldn't go off of that anime to judge this one.
Apr 5, 2015 7:39 AM

Nov 2013
This is so unbelievably boring. I'm disappointed, Bones.
Apr 5, 2015 7:45 AM

Oct 2012
waterflame said:

http://a.pomf.se/eqgwbp.webm
If you think that looks mediocre then I don't know what to say really.
Apr 5, 2015 8:02 AM

Feb 2014
I think i need to re-watch this as it seemed a bit rushed. So much was happening. Pretty cool sci-fi setting and visuals though.
Apr 5, 2015 8:04 AM

Jan 2014
Awesome episode and cool start, I am not too keen on MC's closed eyes, but it seems that there is a reason for it so i'll accept it in this case. Those were some pretty amazing animated action scenes, and lots of explosions.
Apr 5, 2015 8:10 AM

May 2014
This is probably the best I've seen from this season so far. Then again I'm not watching everything
Apr 5, 2015 8:20 AM

Feb 2014
That was pretty cool, it lived up to the hype I had. Awesome job Bones!
Apr 5, 2015 8:21 AM
Nov 2014
It surpases every anime this season. Or at least the first episode. Pretty nice animation, OST and the action was awesome. Bones thank you.
Apr 5, 2015 8:21 AM

Mar 2014
That was good but I felt like something was lacking, we were thrown head first into this huge setting after just a few minutes of exposition followed by some "shut up, have some sakuga" moments, so yeah, hoping future episodes focus more on world-building but from the preview it seems like this will be kinda episodic with one mission or whatever per episode.

Also reminded a lot of Durarara, everything did.

Didn't really understand MC's backstory either, so his sister also lost her vision? What the fuck are you doing writing her a letter lol.

I like how the antagonist at the end is all like "this guy is normal!", perfect setting to use the "normal mc" trope, uh?
Apr 5, 2015 8:23 AM

Jun 2014
Not what i was expecting. in this one, the vampires seem to be the heros.
I like the post-apoc NYC setting.
Apr 5, 2015 8:28 AM

Aug 2014
This was bad. It looked like it was gonna be interesting at first. My first complaint is they show a scene and give us a little bit of scenario about the world, actually way too much as it was redundant, several hours earlier was really several minutes, and that wasted half the episode. The Jazz sounded good at first, but then it didn't switch it up and made a constant theme during the fighting. There was no sense of urgency when the JLPD arrived or an kinda of scenario resolution, it's just like, "ok next scene completely different". The animation was sloppy and basically still frame characters with some background flare to attempt to make it look like action. And was that supposed to be fourth wall breaking trope parody comedy? Very boring. Don't know if I should even give it another episode. The Bump of Chicken track was good. And the atmosphere in the diner, til we started meeting characters and plotting a destiny at rapid fire.
Honoka is my Hero! Click Me!
Apr 5, 2015 8:35 AM

Jun 2011
MarikGr said:
Its been subed , good first ep .

Can you drop the link?
We have to keep our dreams alive. Something to look forward to.
Apr 5, 2015 8:46 AM

Apr 2014
Randomly came across this and it seems pretty good, first ep at least. Surprisingly many good anime this season it seems.
Apr 5, 2015 8:53 AM

Feb 2012
Wow, this was more boring than I thought it was going to be. Too energetic, and not in a good way. Nobody takes anything seriously and thus I can't ground myself into any of the show's logic. So much talking about stuff rather than doing them, and the actual fights are kinda lame.
I Write About Anime (and other stuff) At Standing On My Neck
Apr 5, 2015 8:54 AM

Apr 2013
I'm kinda disappointed. It was too chaotic - it all went too fast compared with the manga and it went differently, I'm sorry to say. I've hoped Chain would be more foul-mouthed. It's also a shame that they've already shown how things are going to end (which also supports my theory of the show having a similar vibe to "Baccano!").

Still great soundtrack though.
MidgardsormApr 5, 2015 8:58 AM
Apr 5, 2015 9:02 AM

Oct 2014
Cool episode, I'm really digging the ost, but they did such a lack-luster job of explaining the main characters motives and the whole conflict in the latter part of the episode.
Apr 5, 2015 9:05 AM

Jan 2014
Pretty cool episode, I like where they are going with this anime.
Apr 5, 2015 9:05 AM

Jul 2010
I thought this was fun with its craziness completely reshaping the city already.

When Zapp fought that demon, it felt like Kill la Kill with those big titles popping out, by I would like to see more of the action and it not being too fast to see and that only the consequences is left.

Chasing a mach monkey around time and with the mc having eyes like this. This seems like it would be a fun one.
Apr 5, 2015 9:07 AM

Jul 2014
Wow, that was actually really fun. The slightly retro vibe given off by most of the OST is pretty cool, and the OP sounds quite good as well. The fight scenes were quite fun, but I can do without the attack names taking up half of the screen like that.

I wonder where this will go though. Hopefully it doesn't become a trainwreck down the line, although with Bones involved I don't think that's especially likely.
Apr 5, 2015 9:08 AM

Jul 2014
This is going to be amazing. I love shows that don't take them selves too seriously, this is going to be a winner.
"Hi!"
Apr 5, 2015 9:12 AM

Jun 2014
Best first episode of the season
Apr 5, 2015 9:19 AM

Apr 2015
I love it

I think it's need more introduction but it's good.
Apr 5, 2015 9:21 AM

Jun 2012
Looks very promising

Interesting setting, great animation/soundtrack, has a certain vibe

Easily the best start of the season, hope it stays like that till the end
Apr 5, 2015 9:21 AM

Apr 2013
Very cool episode but confusing as heck.
Apr 5, 2015 9:23 AM

Nov 2014
I thought the main male would be more op
Apr 5, 2015 9:26 AM

Apr 2014
This was a really fun episode and the production values are amazing. The only thing I didn't like was when the JLPD just stood there waiting for that Klaus guy to get wiped while he was talking.

4/5
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kekkai Sensen Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 18, 2015

258 by bucciest »»
Apr 20, 2:45 PM

Poll: » Kekkai Sensen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2015

345 by PrOxAnto »»
Mar 21, 7:41 AM

Poll: » Kekkai Sensen Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2015

197 by PrOxAnto »»
Mar 18, 7:20 AM

» Kekkai sensei OP and ED are true music to me. Thank you

DatajI - Mar 9

1 by LENDARIO_DS »»
Mar 13, 4:06 PM

Poll: » Kekkai Sensen Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 30, 2015

118 by Hasan_Lelouch »»
Mar 6, 3:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.