Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
May 30, 2015 10:49 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Intense episode, probably one the most serious ones yet.

I love how it displays blood based attacks in its most dangerous form. I think Leo realized that too. And like usual, I loved watching Zapp in action with his blood style attacks this episode. I'm glad they also gave Zed O'Brien a time a shine in this series as well. He has a similar attack style compared to Zapp too. Very entertaining and welcoming member to the cast!

Stark700May 30, 2015 12:03 PM
May 30, 2015 12:05 PM

Aug 2008
Midorikawa Hikaru <3 I really love his voice. The preview is so mean, stop reminding me there are only 3 episodes left.

The very last scene leave me uneasy... What's wrong with Leo and Klaus staring each other like that? Did they sense something? ><
May 30, 2015 12:16 PM

Aug 2010
Quite the episode

So Black is William and White is Mary :3
Loved the talk with her dad. He seems like a nice guy. I wonder if he knew something will happen?

So The KoDs goal is to make White get Leo's eyes for him and then he'll return her brother? Will she really do it? Should be interesting.

The fight was cool. Nice teamwork. Zed seems like a pretty interesting character too. Another stellar VA to the cast too :O

Nxt ep we have the luckiest Man alive back XD
May 30, 2015 12:21 PM

Jul 2011
Finally, Zed appears <3

That scene with young Mary and Will accompanied by dat music was quite emotional. Poor White, that is one tough decision.

And only three episodes left... that is depressing as hell
May 30, 2015 12:36 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
First half of the episode was.....quite all over the place.

But the second half was great. White and Black faced the same situation as Leo and his sister. King of Despair wants White to get Leo's eyes, then he will give her Black back. That's cruel. I wonder what she will do as it is pretty clear that she likes Leo very much.

Zapp's face and him spitting in Zed's face was hilarious xD
May 30, 2015 1:17 PM

Jun 2014
i like fishboy's design
:3
May 30, 2015 1:19 PM

Nov 2014
The number of members increase by one
May 30, 2015 1:25 PM

Aug 2013
With how black gunky liquids flowed out of the eyes of Black/William at the end, perhaps he actually needs Leo's eyes at this point to replace his own deteriorating ones .
May 30, 2015 1:25 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I now get the gist of Black/White and what effect they will have on Leo.

I kind of miss that humour present in other episodes though.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

May 30, 2015 1:26 PM

Feb 2014
No one understands Zed, he looks like a pretty cool guy. And fishes are great so that's a plus.

I wonder what White will do. That guy looks pretty serious about not giving Black back, even if he cried black tears at the end.
May 30, 2015 1:44 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Action-packed first half; typical Kekkai Sensen stuff. Zapp's reaction to Zed was priceless! The teamwork was pretty neat too.
The idle conversation between the three adversary leads was somewhat interesting. I like how Aligura's voice is in the borderline of annoying and cute. Koorogi Satomi is one talented VA.

The BGM playing during the flashback where William was sacrificing himself for Mary was beautiful. Dem feels.. ;_;
Kinda feel bad for White.. Torn between getting Leo's eyes and having her brother back, she's in quite the dilemma. Hopefully, she'll find a way to deal with both sides. Those black tears of Black though..

Decent episode. Many misfortunes await for the characters as Abrams will return next week.

May 30, 2015 2:02 PM

Apr 2011
Very intense episode some of my questions got answered this week.
May 30, 2015 2:27 PM

Oct 2012
Good episode, we finally know William and Mary/Black and White's story. I feel so bad for White. I want her to be friends with Leo as well and become better than friends~

Remember Mary, William's hurting people so you need to set him straight just like your dad said!

3 episodes to go, I'm getting sad...
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
May 30, 2015 2:38 PM
Jan 2015
What happened in the first part of the ep? Really not following... But part about Black and White was nice :)
May 30, 2015 2:48 PM

Dec 2014
carica1997 said:
What happened in the first part of the ep? Really not following... But part about Black and White was nice :)

The 1st part of the ep is basically a follow up to the last ep. In the last ep, they defeated the bottom half of what's his name (couldn't remember). This ep they take on the upper half of that guy. We're introduced to a new character in this ep also: Zed. I believe whatever the Blood Bread guy was doing coincidentally helped Blank's plan to create a new Collapse.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 30, 2015 2:54 PM
Jul 2018
Black is William and White is Mary.

Nice to see about their back-stories.
May 30, 2015 2:59 PM
Aug 2014
Just done watching, Very enjoyable episode. The first part was very action packed and I love every bit of it. That vampire was awesome! I was ready to see him wreck avoc on the libra members but then teamwork and the Master wouldn't let him. I really love it when Klaus is sealing the vampires and the way he did it in this episode with him waiting for his opponent to be weak was great.

Zed is love and life. He looks like such a dork. I know I'm going to enjoy seeing his relationship with Zapp. His design looks great to me, a otherworldly creature is a great addition to Libra.

It seems like Evil Black's plan is in the works and everything is finally coming together. I wasn't ready for him to have White retrieve Leo's eyes with those glasses. It was sad seeing White cry because of the situation and her being torn between helping her brother and Leo.

carica1997 said:

From what I got, it seems the sealed hole for the great collapse might have been inside he building where Libra was fighting the Vampire. Or at least it's related to it. Last episode they fought the lower part of his body and this one the top came in too. While the fight was ongoing Leo saw a weird light emanating from the building itself that he couldn't explain and even saw it stronger the moment the seal over the hole was completely. None of the others were aware of that since they were focused on fighting the blood breed. However with evil Black talking about playing cards, I've come to the conclusion that the plane coming in, Libra catching it and the fight happening in the building were all part of his plan to bring a 2nd collapse in NY. And he got what he wanted.
May 30, 2015 2:59 PM

Jan 2014
Interesting, white has blue eyes in the flashback, but her eyes are green now.. hmm I wonder what that means.
May 30, 2015 3:16 PM

Jul 2014
That "With only 3 episodes left" in the next episode preview killed me....
"Hi!"
May 30, 2015 3:42 PM

Sep 2011
They really should have just made the Z's longest day part a single episode with the white/black stuff being its own episode to follow. it was still fun as hell but breaking it up in the middle makes starting this ep feel really disconnected and doesnt have the same build up of crazy like most of the episode before have had

So i guess the anime only stuff has officially taken over cause im fairly certain a good 70% of this past 2 episodes have been black and white stuff. Well next ep looks light hearted a bit but then the last image looks pretty serious so we will see. 3 episodes elft to see if this anime only part can really make the series more than just a fun time though i worry its already a bit too little left to make it work to its fullest potential

Last 3 episodes will decide if this is a 7/10 or a 8/10 for me, ill be sad to see my AOTS go but hopefully it goes on a high note
JizzyHitlerMay 30, 2015 3:48 PM

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

May 30, 2015 3:57 PM

Sep 2013
well, after watching the previous 8 episodes, this one really went over my head ... maybe gonna watch another time to understand :P
May 30, 2015 4:04 PM

Oct 2011
Zed joins them XDDD

Black and Leo can relate
May 30, 2015 4:38 PM

Jul 2014
I can't believe we're already nine episodes in, I don't want this series to end >_<

Hopefully we'll get lots of Zapp awesomeness in the last 3 episodes...
May 30, 2015 5:32 PM

Mar 2015
Great episode, the animation, including the action was superb.
May 30, 2015 5:48 PM

Oct 2012
I got a couple of flashbacks to the latter half of Kyousougiga during this episode with how the Femt, Black and Aligura subplot played out, with the cryptic conversations and a very Inari like Femt and whatnot. Which isn't the most convincing thing at this stage in the game to be honest. I'm not sure why that scene was so static as well, I mean they were at a carnival, it would have been far more interesting if we got to see the dynamics between them as they rode the rides or something, although maybe that would have taken away from the seriousness of the situation and the plot would have flown over even more heads. But just something slightly more visually interesting would have been nice and would have made the transitions between the actiony manga scenes and the talkative, slower anime original scenes a bit more seamless.

That being said, I did very much like this episode and the revelations about White and Blacks past and how it mirrors Leo's and his sisters. The integration of the anime original content wasn't as smoothly handled this episode and it only seemed to add to the confusion of the events, but I'd say give it a chance to explain itself because as with Kyousougiga, I'm sure the climax will unravel itself quite nicely. I think I'm going to miss the light-hearted aspect of the series as it goes into full drama mode, which only increases my hopes for a season two and even though this episode was a slight miss-step in my eyes, I don't think that it was enough to effect the climax of the anime original plot, so I'm still optimistic.
May 30, 2015 5:54 PM

Dec 2014
AnimeFan500 said:
Zed joins them XDDD

Black and Leo can relate

I think is White who can relate to Leo
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 30, 2015 6:34 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
So we finally know the names of our twins....William and Mary are nice names :)

I had the same reaction as Zapp did when the apprentice guy showed himself lol, talk about an underwhelming appearance xD His trident thing looked pretty cool though and his moves did impress me

The battle against the Blood Breed was fun (Is it just me or did that Blood Breed look like Zangetsu lol) but I died of laughter when their master said that their skills against them is garbage level and then just left them with his apprentice lmfaoooo

Looks like shit is about to go down now that the barrier is destroyed and that the King of Despair essential wants Black to kill Leo and take his eyes....I can already see that feels are incoming and I feel so bad for White (That flashback was too cute and sad TwT)
May 30, 2015 7:08 PM

Jan 2011
This episode was pretty good, lots of backstory with White and Black. We finally found out their actual names; Mary and Will. I honestly thought White and Black were their real names, I feel stupid now. xD Black crying black tears at the end while laughing was pretty creepy.

I really like Zed as a character. Half human and half fish, very unique haha. xD Him using a trident as a weapon is so fitting to his character. I liked the little banter and team up between Zed and Zapp. Looks like White will be a very important in these final few episodes. She has to find a way to stop Black.
5/5
May 30, 2015 7:17 PM

Jan 2013
People, we got the names last week. Anyway, the last part of fight (before ths Klaus part) was confusing.
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
May 30, 2015 8:10 PM

Oct 2013
Hmmmm, so possibly White and whatever blew up in that building are connected? It seems as if the red building is connected to like the underworld where all the Blood Breeds are? So many questions, only 3 episodes left may answer @_@
May 30, 2015 9:35 PM

Jan 2011
Damn, I can feel an impact forming with the Black and White situation.
May 30, 2015 9:43 PM

Jan 2014
Interesting gamble made by the King of Despair. It seems he's willing to wager the disclosure of his name and risk White revealing it to Leo in this "game" he's staged to see if White will betray her new friend in exchange for the return of her brother's body/soul. Kind of typical for such a being as the King of Despair who has everything he could possibly want (and is clearly kind of bored) to take such a high stakes risk. There's the slight chance he'll lose, but I suppose the risk makes the prize of Leo's Eyes of God all the more delicious. So curious to see how this all plays out.

The ending theme has really grown on me, and the part where K.K.'s daughter (?) rolls across the floor is so cute.
GanbatteBakemonoMay 30, 2015 9:46 PM
May 30, 2015 9:48 PM

Aug 2013
So it looks like some shit went down in that building. I don't know what, but it looked bad, and it was probably related to the collapse.

It almost looked like some seal surrounding the building broke. Then that green pool of water with all of the chains supporting the barrier just turned off. Which in turn caused White to get a sharp pain that knocked her out.

Poor White. Torn between what she wants for herself, and trying to save her brother. I wonder if she'll actually go through with it, seeing as how that flashback emphasized her keeping Will out of trouble.

She said she wanted to be friends with Leo. WRONG TERM. You want to DATE Leo. Get that shit right Mary.

Kurini said:
The very last scene leave me uneasy... What's wrong with Leo and Klaus staring each other like that? Did they sense something? ><

Nah. It looked like they were still in that moment where Klaus tells him that didn't just recruit him for his eyes. Which probably left Leo kind of emotionally stunned.

CandyFace said:
Interesting, white has blue eyes in the flashback, but her eyes are green now.. hmm I wonder what that means.

Wrong. When she was a child she still had bright green eyes. What happened was the bright blue essence that went into Will's body was so bright it just overpowered her eye color when it reflected off her eyes. You can even see, when she's running up to him when he's in the field of flowers, her eyes are still green.
May 30, 2015 10:54 PM

Aug 2013
This was an interesting episode. I love it. I hope Leonard and White both find a way to get Black back.
May 30, 2015 10:55 PM

Aug 2010
Klaus mah man
May 30, 2015 11:33 PM

Jan 2011
damn shame this isn't a 2cour show has been a lot of fun
May 31, 2015 1:18 AM
May 2015
I must have rewatched this episode at least 3x and I still don't know what to make of it. The first half was especially muddled even for Kekkai Sensen and I'm not sure if this part was meant to introduce the new character alone or if it would have more significance in the future. The latter half was more forbidding.

Overall, the episode feels more disjointed than usual but I've always loved Kekkai Sensen's subtlely and slick execution so I believe it'd all make sense in last three episodes (oh dear ;_;).
May 31, 2015 1:43 AM
Dec 2014
Still don't know what the hell is going on, but i'm still loving it
My Top 5 Anime: (As of March 2020)
1. Fate/Zero
2. Gintama
3. Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
4. Shinsekai Yori
5. Hunter x Hunter (2011)

May 31, 2015 2:45 AM

Jul 2014
I'm going to be honest here: other than the fact that Black's other self wants Leo's eyes and the fact that Black and White starting calling themselves that because of their parents, this episode literally made no sense at all. Even by this show's standards, it was a whole lot of substance with no way to actually understand what was going on. Sure, the fight against the Blood Breed was pretty cool, but that new guy added nothing of value to the fight and could have been done without. Also, didn't Zapp destroy that egg form of the vampire's lower half last ep? Why was it back again? And what in the name of fuck were Aligura, Femt and Black's alternate self going on about. It was so pointlessly vague.

Hope the later eps explain what happened in this disastrous clusterfuck.
May 31, 2015 4:28 AM

Apr 2014
I like the version of black with no glasses better. Will be interesting to see why he needs them, and hopefully explain what's going on.
---------My Profile------------
May 31, 2015 5:01 AM

Jul 2014
That was a mess episode, First part of the episode is all over the places but i liked the second part of it. Damn even that Insert Song on White's conversation with her parent is brilliant choice of song. I want to get t soon :c
So Black and White's real name are Wiliam & Mary, Such lovely name. I have a bad feelings about that building, I hope next episode is going to explain more about what happened on this one.

May 31, 2015 6:29 AM

Sep 2011
danieltortoisee said:
Also, didn't Zapp destroy that egg form of the vampire's lower half last ep? Why was it back again?
You kind of answered your own question, they destroyed his lower half, this episode was his upper half.

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

May 31, 2015 6:32 AM

Dec 2014
Black tears.....

May 31, 2015 6:32 AM

Jul 2014
NotJizzyHitler said:
danieltortoisee said:
Also, didn't Zapp destroy that egg form of the vampire's lower half last ep? Why was it back again?
You kind of answered your own question, they destroyed his lower half, this episode was his upper half.

No, cos the egg of his lower half appeared with the upper half, yet it was destroyed last ep. That's what I was referring to.
May 31, 2015 6:39 AM

Sep 2011
danieltortoisee said:
NotJizzyHitler said:

No, cos the egg of his lower half appeared with the upper half, yet it was destroyed last ep. That's what I was referring to.
oh that, they had to combine them again in order to fully destroy him so they at the last minute gave it back to him.

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

May 31, 2015 9:40 AM

May 2013
Different colored auras? Awesome. (^_^)
Master Jugei decides to leave Zed in Libra's care.

Now, will White betray Leo for her brother?
We'll find out soon enough. *sigh*
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
May 31, 2015 10:12 AM

Jun 2014
An intense and action-packed episode that also showed us some backstory about black and white. Zed O'Brien looks like he'll be an interesting character. And Zapp continues to make me laugh my ass off. Those black tears at the end......boy, that was weird. Can't wait for next week
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

May 31, 2015 10:42 AM
Apr 2014
Here's a nice explanation to what occurred during this episode from someone else. It really isn't confusing if you try to connect the dots.

Anyway, it's pretty obvious that Despair dragged Femt and Aligura there claiming that they were going to see MUH GREAT COLLAPSE that he declared he was going to do a couple episodes ago, and they were both shitting on him for not actually doing anything to do with his supposed Master Plan.

During the battle atop that one skyscraper, something frays in the metaphysics of the city, presumably the barrier that keeps the Great Collapse contained, which was referred to in the previous episode as having been made by Casters/Psychics. Mary collapses from a stroke or something soon after, probably due to her life being tied to the barrier or something. Despair is apparently using an indirect method because his agreement with William in terms of body-snatching requires that he not harm Mary directly. Femt continues to shit on Despair for claiming that this is part of his Master Plan by saying, "COULD ALL THIS REALLY HAVE BEEN A COINCIDENCE?????"

Despair then talks about how none of their plans ever have meaning because they're all foiled and implies he's taking steps to remove barriers to his plan happening properly. Aligura understands what he means and gives him a device for stealing God-Eyes. By the fact that Despair wants Mary to take Leo's eyes, he probably sees Leo as the biggest obstacle to his plan working out.
May 31, 2015 11:18 AM

Dec 2008
Oh my goddess! Zed is adorable!!

Sent with Mal Updater
May 31, 2015 12:43 PM

Sep 2013
this episode had tons of messy informations, and loads of questions.

- What really happened to White at the hospital?
- What was going on with the building?
- Where did the Zapp's master go?
- Why were Despair's tears black?
- whAt is reALLY DESPAIR'S NAME???????????
- What on earth are the glasses Despair gave to White?

ALSO THAT PREVIEW. DID DESPAIR GET LEO'S EYES????
Do you think Leo has his natural eyeballs if the God ones are taken?

damn kekkai sensen.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kekkai Sensen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2015

345 by PrOxAnto »»
Mar 21, 7:41 AM

Poll: » Kekkai Sensen Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2015

197 by PrOxAnto »»
Mar 18, 7:20 AM

Poll: » Kekkai Sensen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2015

357 by PrOxAnto »»
Mar 17, 7:57 AM

» Kekkai sensei OP and ED are true music to me. Thank you

DatajI - Mar 9

1 by LENDARIO_DS »»
Mar 13, 4:06 PM

Poll: » Kekkai Sensen Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 16, 2015

121 by Stumegtif »»
Jan 12, 6:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.