Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Durarara!! (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Apr 6, 2015 7:17 AM

Nov 2014
I hate and adore Izaya at the same time and because of that I don't know if I should be happy about him finally failing or not...
Apr 8, 2015 1:52 PM

Jan 2014
Mikado was so twisted in this episode.
It was a good end and that cliffhanger.. Makes want to see the next chapter already!!
That "russian" though.. Can't understand a word without subtitles. :D
Apr 10, 2015 6:56 AM
Jan 2015
You can not imagine how happy I was and how hard I laughed when Izaya got stabbed. Best day ever!
Apr 10, 2015 7:25 AM
Feb 2013
The fucking fuck Mikado ? I was drinking when he stab the other guy hand. You crazy, I didn't know. :D
He was already my fav character before but now ? I've great expectation for him.
Apr 14, 2015 3:14 AM

Sep 2013
OMG what the fuck? Cant wait!!!!
I would love to see vorona x shizuo tho I know that would never happen lol
Apr 14, 2015 7:33 AM

Sep 2011
IzayaUzumaki said:

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Apr 15, 2015 7:24 PM
May 2014
Love the first few episodes, the middle was a bit weaker but the last four episodes were awesome too so

Third arc / First Arc / Second Arc

In that order

8/10
Apr 16, 2015 3:30 AM

Jan 2008
Woa woah, that was unexpected ending on Izaya. This is why I love this show, the surprising turn of events. So, something look forward to on July.
Apr 23, 2015 12:45 PM

Jul 2008
Mathias2001 said:
Love the first few episodes, the middle was a bit weaker but the last four episodes were awesome too so

Third arc / First Arc / Second Arc

In that order

8/10

I thought there were only two arcs?
Apr 29, 2015 4:01 PM

Jun 2012
Looks like Mikado wont be a little bitch in the next season.
Apr 30, 2015 9:19 AM

Apr 2015
I loved this last episode. Every scene with Sizuo is always funny and interesting. Kick the car like that was so crazy hahahah. I also liked some of the new characters but i felt that the twins wasn't that interesting. I hope in the next season they do not introduce a lot of new characters because there is still a lot of things to explain. I'm so curious to see what will happen with celty's head.
Apr 30, 2015 11:21 AM

Nov 2012
Izaya must have a thing for getting hurt in final episodes, first simon's lovely punch to his face and now getting stabbed.
Apr 30, 2015 7:11 PM

Jun 2008
Jagd84 said:
Pat_To_Do-List said:

I understand what he has been through & what kind of problem he had to overcome. From how he did not know what to do with the Dollars to how to control the Dollars without establishing any rules. The problem here is he is progressing through all of the problems without a single character development. He is like in auto pilot, just plowing through every problem without learning anything from any of them. Look, you have to differentiate between character development & plot progression. What you have been talking about is Mikado as a character overcoming his problems, not character development. You have been talking about the storyline, not a character development. Character development is when a character learning something new & take that new thing to change his reaction to the problems he's facing. So in order to developing a character there needs to be a change on how he views/reacts to something. So, is he changing(apart from how his views on how to control the Dollars)?

You got it wrong there. As we learned from the 1st season, Mikado asked the Dollars for help to do certain things. So in other word, he learned that he can ask the Dollars to help him. Because in the end he is the founding father of the Dollars, so of course at least some of the members respect his decision/his call for help. Then, in this season, he once again faced a problem where he could easily ask the Dollars to help him in a certain way(not helping him beat up the Blue Squares). Maybe at least try to clear the confusion about what's happening between the Dollars & the white motorbike gang. Did he ask anything from the Dollars after he learned he could ask them for help in this season? No. Why? There's no explanation for this.

I give you that. That is a character development. But after all this time & the only thing changed from him is that one thing is not that good of a character development. He should have learned from many things & changed so much yet he is not. That's disappointing.

Again, you seem not really understand what's going on and why things happened the way they did. Alright first off Mikado never asked Dollars for help in s1 ever, he can't ask the Dollars for help. He is not the leader of the group so he can't go around giving orders, only suggestions. Mikado can only manipulate like he did when tricked them into holding a meeting to comfort Name. Second, Blue Square are the Dollars members, no different from Kadota or Shizuo. Furthermore what they have done is entirely valid even if self-serving because it based on ideals Mikado himself has set forth. Now it up to him to decide if Dollars are worth keeping in spite of that so there is no confusion to clear. Nobody can help here in any meaningful way, because his conflict is the Dollars itself on ideological level. The things that happened in s1 has nothing what's going on here at all. You merely bring up something superfacial that wouldn't change anything because nobody really views the Dollars in the same way Mikado does. Nor can they because they do not have the history he has with it. Sure Mikado is type of person to shoulder the burden of others, but it's really not what this is about here.

Well, maybe in the novels they are all the same. But in the anime adaptations? Are the characters handled the same? It's different. Like I said, the new characters in this season of Durarara!! were not handled as well as the 1st season or Baccano!. Was it different entirely? Not really. It had the same formula but with different quality to it.

Anime follows the novels more or less give or take a few things. Nobody that exist in this show (maybe save for Rio) would not be here without appearing in the novels first. I'm not seeing any differences here or ones with any real meaning.

What? What are you talking about? I never said anything about that. Again, you react so negatively towards my criticism. Let me clear things up, those two weird Russians(not Vorona & Slon) just there spat out a tiny bit of exposition about Vorona & that's it. Those two characters could easily be removed & it will not change a thing. Vorona's backstory could still be explained by the Russian sushi guy. And about those two weird Russians involvement? There's already an explanation about those two on the conversation between the Russian sushi guys & the other Russian who got punched by Shizuo. So their introduction in that particular scene was not needed because in the end they were not involved in anything meaningful in this season. Yes, they were involved indirectly, but that's it.

Haruna could have been removed from the story and somebody else could have taken her place because Saika's host could have been anybody. Mika could have been removed from the story and her role given to somebody else because it didn't need to be her due to plastic surgery. Simon could have been replace by a regular Sushi chief for all he does. This is the cyclic argument your going through doesn't work because it can be applied to 90% of cast outside Cetly, Mikado, Shizuo, Izaya, and Shinra. This why I say you don't get DRRR. This show about strange people for who know where interacting and causing chaos, whether it's for their agenda or anothers. It doesn't matter whether they're a re 2 bit crook or a politician. They contribute to the plot in some way. Russians were working directly for one of antagonists of this arc as well as various factions so they are involved in this mess no matter what you say. That is the fact.

Vorona's past important to understand her character and why she is the way she is. It's the very same reason you got backstory on Shizuo, Akane or anybody else. You don't need see any of them further to the plot, but that would be dumb and serve to make everyone less interesting. DRRR afterall about it's characters and their interactions. My post is not being defensive, it's just that your criticism has holes that contradict how DRRR has been. I'm only telling you how it is and that every character will be handled the same way, just they were since the novels and anime began.

Oh!.....[rolleyes] for fuck sakes dude!! Leave the damn guy have his bloody opinion. You don't understand and don't understand and don't understand.
Enough already.
I don't even agree with the guy, i thought the season was awesome and at points better than the first but i am not gonna sit making one post after another to try to stop him from having a different view.
May 1, 2015 7:21 PM

Apr 2015
Am I the only one that is slightly disappointed with how Izaya and quite a few other characters didn't do anything despite having frequent appearances on screen?
I like the darkness.

There’s something to the feeling of not knowing your surroundings, not seeing the colour of things as they appear, but as they truly are. There’s something about the unknown, the quiet, the cold. There’s something unspoken about the dark, something I can never quite put words to. Something terrifying yet beautiful.
May 3, 2015 5:35 PM

Apr 2015
phoenix9153 said:
Am I the only one that is slightly disappointed with how Izaya and quite a few other characters didn't do anything despite having frequent appearances on screen?

i understand your disappointment because there were some interesting characters that could have appeared more but i think they can fix that to the next season. I thought that in season 2 they would show what izaya would do with celty's head
May 6, 2015 7:47 PM

Dec 2013
Daaaamn! I did not see that hand stab coming! Seems like a good guy gone bad.
Love and Peace!!!
May 10, 2015 6:02 AM

May 2012
A rather average cliffhanger ending, but as the second season part of this second season has been confirmed I do wonder how they'll catch it up from this!

All in all it was slightly better than the prequel and well one thing is sure, the pacing improved quite a bit!
May 10, 2015 12:35 PM

Jan 2011
NotJizzyHitler said:
IzayaUzumaki said:

-content has been filtered for the use of inappropriate words or phrases-
May 14, 2015 8:51 PM
May 2015
I'm an Izaya fanatic, so the only problem I had was Izaya getting stabbed. Even so, I can admit that it definitely made the show more interesting. I'm disappointed on what's about to happen to my favorite character, though. For the characters-When the second season first began, I actually didn't favor Aoba as a character. Now, I do because he's loyal(ish?) to Mikado. Then again, I semi-dislike Mikado for his actions for Anri. I don't like her, and I don't think I ever will. Overall, I do like Mikado's personality. I can understand where he's coming from. It's like the thrill of being involved in all these events, and at one point being the center of them, but you soon learn you're not exactly fit for the city, and the crazy situations inside it. I feel horrible if I was Mikado. I also want to see less of Vorona. She's not an interesting character. But, I do want to see more of the Russians as a whole. And Shizuo? Well, he can keep doing what he's doing. I like him, but I'm not a huge fan. I don't dislike him. I'm kind of like Shizuo-neutral. I want to see more of Kadota, and Rokujou. The two interacting seems interesting in itself. I think that's all I have to say.
May 17, 2015 1:54 PM

Jan 2011
Great, Izaya finally got rekt.
Very hard to give this show a score since it's in the middle of a lot of shit right now.
But yeah, 8/10 should be fine. :)
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
May 18, 2015 7:22 PM

Feb 2014
Dayyumm Izaya guess your plan backfired and Mikado definitely look forward to his twisted personality.
The higher I get , The lower I'll sink.

May 19, 2015 1:57 AM

May 2011
This season is way too weak compared to the first season.. like, TOO WEAK.
First episodes and the last one are great, but the whole middle season are just warm and boring..
But this ending.. omg, perfection!!
Can't wait for the next season to see Izaya getting what he deserves :D

I'll give a 7/10 and I'm being nice u.u
May 21, 2015 3:56 PM

Apr 2012
Damn too many questions I can't wait untill July. This was even better than the first episdoe, soooo epic!!!! My only problem was that I really missed Kida. He is my favourite. ^^ I really hope he will come back in the 3rd season.
May 31, 2015 1:20 AM

Mar 2012
Guess i might be the only one that actually liked the whole cour from 1 to 12 and thought it was pretty on par with the first season. This shit was great, can't even wait another 2 months for the 2nd cour to start!

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"
May 31, 2015 2:48 AM
May 2012
So far so good, can't wait for the next one.

9/10
Jun 1, 2015 1:12 AM

Jun 2014
Shit that ending caught me off guard.
Jun 1, 2015 3:10 PM

Feb 2013
Holy shit, did they really just stab Izaya??? I did NOT see that coming, wow!

Mikado also finally grew a pair of balls in the end there, I wonder what will happen with him now that hes the leader of the blue squares. He honestly seems like the craziest person in this show now lol

Also I do hope we see more of Vorona next season, I personally really enjoyed her character. Shes definitely become one of my new favorites.

But yeah, overall this was a great cour.

8/10

I can't wait for the second one :D.
Jun 4, 2015 10:39 AM
Mar 2012
This arc wasn't bad but it could've been better. It seemed a bit rushed and a bit like everything and everyone was basically squished in to complete this arc. I liked the animation though it wasn't special, and I liked how it ended. Durarara!! was definitely better but who knows? The second cour might make up for it.
Jun 10, 2015 8:09 PM

Apr 2015
I hope very next season, to continue with the same universe and the relationship between the characters.
Jun 11, 2015 10:51 AM

Nov 2013
I just watched the (phenomenal) dub. I could be wrong, but that guy who stabbed Izaya sounded like Liam O'Brien...
Jun 14, 2015 5:24 PM

Nov 2007
They just had everything for the final episode I see. Those bastards. Loved the final episode.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jun 14, 2015 10:47 PM

Jul 2014
Like how Mikado is going towards his twisted personality.
Jun 25, 2015 7:46 AM
Mar 2011
For me this season was a solid 5/10. It's good, but I think now it's difficult to understand characters. We don't know who want what and for what reason they do things they do. And the "humor" is a bit annoying.
Jul 2, 2015 12:01 AM

May 2015
Waaaaa I can't wait for season 3 xDD In the end, Mikado ended up being an badass again hahahaha
Jul 3, 2015 10:12 PM

May 2010
Dayum, it finally got good during the last few episodes! Can't wait to see more of Mikado's real face, I was totally taken aback by the scene with pen! Also, that cliffhanger with Izaya... So many things is happening at once!

Good thing there were no twins later in this season, they are so annoying.
Another great thing is that the second seasons airs today, so I don't have to wait anymoar :3

It is really a shame that the animation was so half-assed, especially during Shizuo's scenes :/ I guess now I can only dream of what artstyle looked like during the first season... At least the opening song has grew on me a lot, now I totally love it, maybe even more than "Uragiri no Yuuyake" :3 For everything: 7.5/10, wasn't bad but could be much better.
Jul 12, 2015 9:08 AM

Jan 2013
Much better than the first one. I cannot still get over with how they messed up with scenes, glad they didn't fuck up with this.
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Jul 18, 2015 8:04 AM

Jul 2014
Rating for the episode: 4/5

Rating for the first part of season 2: 8/10

I'll start watching the second part of this season when the dub comes out.
Jul 18, 2015 11:17 PM

Jun 2008
Mikado is insane. o.o Smiling after stabbing someone... xD I can't wait for him to show his true self. :)
HEY!
Jul 19, 2015 8:09 PM

Mar 2012
Shizuo is like the freaking Terminator lol.

So far I'm not finding this season as good as the first one but it's still entertaining. Also to be fair, this one is split into 3 cours while the first season was a full 24 episodes long.
Jul 29, 2015 5:26 AM

Jan 2015
anyone know when the next season will be coming out?
Spike
Jul 29, 2015 5:53 AM

Jun 2013
smiface3 said:
anyone know when the next season will be coming out?

The 3rd season is currently airing, it's Durarara Ten
Aug 2, 2015 8:32 AM

Dec 2010
This season really felt like a setup for what's to follow. I hope it's good.

7/10 because it's Durarara!!
Aug 17, 2015 4:51 PM

Oct 2010
Well it ended on a high note, but all i can say about this season.
Things were set up nicely for the next season, hopefully it will be better.
huh?
Aug 21, 2015 12:53 PM
Jul 2018
Wow, I haven't enjoyed an anime this much in a while.
Shizuo has to be one of my fav characters ever.
Oct 16, 2015 11:00 PM

May 2013
this episode is the beginning part of the romantic relationship between Shizuo and Vorona
Nov 15, 2015 10:33 PM

Jul 2014
FINALLY!!! Izaya gets stabbed!!
I wanted to stab Izaya so many times in my mind, and someone FINALLY does it!
Worth it. This part was worth it. :')
Nov 21, 2015 9:18 AM

Jun 2012
Kinda confused about who hired who here.

I watched the episodes quite far apart so i might have forgotten some things.

Was it the other company that isn't Awakusau responsible for hiring Vorona to kidnap Akane? Then the other company struck a deal in this episode with those people from Awakusu? End result being Vorona's mission is cancelled but she gets to live.

Hmm i think i'm right, it's actually kinda simple, just thinking about Izaya confuses the shit out of everything, god i hate that fucker xD

It all felt very quick and confusing lmao

I'm not one to ship, but Shizuo and Vorona are meant to be, come on. Don't spoil me though
jimbob1141Nov 21, 2015 9:27 AM
Does anyone else need a doctor to confirm that someone without a head is dead?
Dec 30, 2015 9:38 PM

Jul 2013
those 2 big shots from the Yakuza group were really strong.

wow.. Mikado went nuts and Izaya was helplessly atacked? damn I look forward to the 2nd cour
Jan 19, 2016 5:48 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Shizuo pure badass. Anri being groped O.O. Man, Mikado just turned the table! He became an unexpected badass! Izaya got stabbed! Wow!

5/5
Jan 31, 2016 4:40 PM
Jun 2013
Did I just see bone popping out!? Dam that was brutal.ummm random girl on girl gropping.....im ok with this. wow alot of crap just happened at the end and mikado seems to be just as crazy as the rest. Also they kinda just the serial killer for this season.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Durarara!!x2 Shou Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Jan 31, 2015

171 by Karva1 »»
Apr 20, 10:24 PM

Poll: » Durarara!!x2 Shou Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2015

371 by Karva1 »»
Apr 20, 9:32 PM

Poll: » Durarara!!x2 Shou Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 17, 2015

207 by Rithic »»
Aug 7, 2023 4:40 PM

Poll: » Durarara!!x2 Shou Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2015

124 by corvKa »»
Mar 27, 2023 7:12 PM

Poll: » Durarara!!x2 Shou Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2015

123 by corvKa »»
Mar 27, 2023 6:43 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.