Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (14) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Mar 27, 2015 6:52 PM

Sep 2013
I love it.. 9/10 for this anime ;D
Mar 27, 2015 7:05 PM

Sep 2010
Dat feels.... amazing teary last episode , really loved the show , sad to see its already over.
10/10.
Mar 27, 2015 7:05 PM

Mar 2015
TicklingThoughts said:
Even Decim could not handle the amount of feels in this episode.

I noticed some people are angry because this anime didn't answer all of their questions. But I think the main point of this show is different. It was never about the plot. In my perspective, it was more about how they deal with death and live fulfilled lives. The main purpose, in my opinion, of this anime is to give us a lesson how to value our own life and such.

Good job, Madhouse.

Yeah that's the point of the show and it's not a problem. The problem is that this series started to explain the Oculus and Nona plot and just left it unfinished half-way through, that made it feel strange and out of place. They could've just deleted that subplot and just centered on Decim, Chiyuki and the visitors. More screen time for the actual life lesson part of this series, y'know.

It felt really useless and out of place. The Madhouse people could come up with a better reason why Decim is so stoic instead of having to create all that "arbiters can't have feelings" thing.
Mar 27, 2015 7:16 PM

May 2014
I must admit that since Shigatsu ended, the feels have been quite sensitive on me. Nevertheless, this episode ended powerfully, exactly the way I wanted it. I'll give it an 8/10. Pretty solid. After all, it wasn't so much the games, more like the feelings and the consequences those endings had on this final episode. I have nothing but paise towards this, depite having a pretty poor sales number there at Japan =(

Let's hope it gets an english dub so I can rewatch it adding variety. This show will go to my all-time favorites collection.
Mar 27, 2015 7:19 PM

Jul 2013
I was honestly a little disappointed in this episode. A bit too much happened. Nona showing emotion was really weird for me, since she hasn't shown emotion this entire season, other than amusement at silly humans. I'd give this anime a 6/10, except the touching moments in earlier episodes REALLY hit me hard. So it's a 7/10 from me!
Mar 27, 2015 7:22 PM

Jun 2013
if only chiyaki + decim forever...shes in a better place now
Mar 27, 2015 7:32 PM

Oct 2012
This last episode was so meh.
Mar 27, 2015 7:32 PM
Dec 2014
Really liked the anime, had a fantastic first half, fell off slightly imo, but it still gets a good 8/10 from me.
Mar 27, 2015 7:44 PM

Nov 2012
Trying to derive some meaning from the whole show, I can't come up with something of substance
The quickest thing that arises to mind is judging others, even when magical arbiters get their whole memories, it still feels unfair due to them living different perspectives, let alone two beings who have difficult (due to being human) to understand each other
What supported my thought was the book Chiyuki liked as a child, I forgot the name, but a girl who couldn't hear a boy couldn't possibly understand him, the only way she could understand the boy was through his smile - which is an expression of emotion and is something arbiters lack. Trying to stick all the pieces together I still don't see anything of substance specially considering the 4 key rules surrounding arbiters:
- Arbiters cannot quit making judgements, for that is the reason why they exist (seem to be pretty straightforward putting in the sense of human interaction)
- Arbiters cannot experience death, for that would bring them too close to being human
- Arbiters cannot feel emotion, for they are dummies
- Arbiters may not work hand in hand with life, for that will ruin them

The anime certainly has some artistic value, but it isn't enough to cover its weak presentation and (in my opinion) cloudy thematic. And like someone else mentioned, the parts that require the characters to show emotion are atrociously done and feel terribly artificial, while the scenes that require otherwise have the opposite, ironically. 6/10 for the artistic value alone
MomonoMar 27, 2015 7:50 PM
Mar 27, 2015 7:46 PM

Jul 2014
tho it introduces more character and expand the plot, it's not much far from original OVA. feel like a waste ( maybe because how its written? ) 6/10.
Mar 27, 2015 7:51 PM

Apr 2014
I was really tempted to add it to my favorites list but it didn't quite hit me that hard. I think 12 episodes wasn't enough for this show, there could have been more explanations, more about the characters possibly, etc. 22-25 episodes would have been good.

however I'm still rating it 9/10 because it kept me entertained EVERY single episode and that's hard to accomplish. the art and soundtrack was really nice and the characters were likable. this show made me laugh really hard and at some points even cry a little.

I might even rewatch this, I liked Death Parade a lot
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 27, 2015 7:52 PM

Sep 2013
Thinking of a 7, but giving it 8/10 for the time being.
Nice finale.
Mar 27, 2015 8:05 PM

Jul 2014
VirtualStar said:
Trying to derive some meaning from the whole show, I can't come up with something of substance
The quickest thing that arises to mind is judging others, even when magical arbiters get their whole memories, it still feels unfair due to them living different perspectives, let alone two beings who have difficult (due to being human) to understand each other
What supported my thought was the book Chiyuki liked as a child, I forgot the name, but a girl who couldn't hear a boy couldn't possibly understand him, the only way she could understand the boy was through his smile - which is an expression of emotion and is something arbiters lack. Trying to stick all the pieces together I still don't see anything of substance specially considering the 4 key rules surrounding arbiters:
- Arbiters cannot quit making judgements, for that is the reason why they exist (seem to be pretty straightforward putting in the sense of human interaction)
- Arbiters cannot experience death, for that would bring them too close to being human
- Arbiters cannot feel emotion, for they are dummies
- Arbiters may not work hand in hand with life, for that will ruin them

The anime certainly has some artistic value, but it isn't enough to cover its weak presentation and (in my opinion) cloudy thematic. And like someone else mentioned, the parts that require the characters to show emotion are atrociously done and feel terribly artificial, while the scenes that require otherwise have the opposite, ironically. 6/10 for the artistic value alone

Yeah this is basically my feelings. Death Parade is a show that's acting like it has something really important to say but it never actually says it. Even the don't judge others message is kinda torpedoed by the plot. They keep telling us how wrong the whole system is but nothing actually happens to change it. And madhouse doesn't usually do second seasons right? So it's not like they're just leaving room for a sequel... I don't know, I certainly enjoyed watching each individual episode, but considering it on the whole, it's just missing something.
And when somebody asks if I'm okay
I don't know what to say
Mar 27, 2015 8:08 PM
Dec 2008
Strong start, strong finish, very good soundtrack as well.

Easily one of my favourites for this year.

8/10.
Mar 27, 2015 8:14 PM

Feb 2012
I thought this episode was amazing!! Loved this anime! ^_^

btw anyone know the ost playing when Chiyuki was crying?!?

Mar 27, 2015 8:14 PM

Apr 2012
It wasnt revolutionary but it was still a great show, 9/10. Amazing last episode :')
Mar 27, 2015 8:15 PM

Apr 2014
Now that's how you're supposed to do a final episode

10/10 My favorite 2015 winter anime

Madhouse has done it again :D

Mar 27, 2015 8:16 PM
Nov 2013
What a beautiful finale. Decim and Chiyuki crying together was such a riveting scene, even shed a few tears. Decim's smile at the end seemed so genuine, it made me really happy. Am I the only one who thought the Chiyuki dummy was a little creepy.

9/10. This is almost on par with Mushishi which is my favorite series, so that's really saying something. Best of the winter season, and a strong contender among the fall leftovers.
Mar 27, 2015 8:17 PM
Aug 2014
Not bad. 8/10
Mar 27, 2015 8:17 PM

Jan 2013
Great episode, it was very emotional. It didn't quite connect with me though.
8.5/10
The art and animation were beautiful.
Mar 27, 2015 8:23 PM

Aug 2014
The last episode was so touching. Things did take a twist after the ending when Decim was able to smile and Chiyuki reincarnated as the couple enters Quindecim. Chi's story was so sad and Decim was able to show feelings!Yay~

WAIT WHAT ABOUT EVERYONE ELSE?!

Season 2 please~ 9/10 awesome anime. Lacks some stuff like completion of plot but awesome depth and ending.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 27, 2015 8:23 PM

Apr 2013
loved it.

interesting that we got an ending that leaves the possiblity of a second season open.
Mar 27, 2015 8:24 PM
Feb 2014
To be honest, the part with Decim's feelings fell flat. I wonder how that whole experience changes his way of judging.

Clavis and Oculus were underdevelopped.

The best parts were the contestants' breakdowns when they learned their past and Mayu's final moment in the elevator.

Edit: Score 8/10
Mar 27, 2015 8:31 PM

Oct 2013
I'm one of those people who initially didn't see what the hype about Death Parade was all about. Believing that it was gonna be a pretty looking anime that follow's a "judgement of the week" scenario while patting itself on the back for managing to show the darkness in people through these highly questionable means.

What followed was me eating my words week after week. To me it's one of those shows that slapped me in the face for my ignorance & prejudice and towards the end, it even went a bit beyond that. I love such series, they make me feel a little more enlightened. Based Madhouse, I'm terribly sorry for doubting you.
Mar 27, 2015 8:47 PM
Mar 2009
9/10 overall, 5/5 for this episode.

Love the conclusion, and how everything came together.

It feels like this is the second or third iteration in a spiral that is expanding outwards, will have to look into related media to see the previous ones.

If they keep expanding the franchise, like maybe with a factbook or VN or MMORPG or something, then that would be even better.

Also that pool game is just begging to be made into some sorta Wiimote or PS Move or even plain sylized point and click billiards videogame with trippy graphics and sound effects.

The discussion on this seems to be quite active, will have to read up on it. THanks.
Mar 27, 2015 8:55 PM

Aug 2013
I literally started crying at the very beginning of the episode because idk. Then idk I guess I have loads of empathy/am tired but the part with Chiyuki's mom just got me sobbing and sobbing and I couldn't even stop.

Haven't watched Death Billiards but I probably will. I disliked some episodes which I thought were getting too long but overall this isn't enough to take back what I just felt watching this finale. I grew fond of the both of them and seeing them part ways was very touching.

Hopefully we'll get a second season to answer those unanswered questions ~
Mar 27, 2015 8:57 PM

Dec 2010
I cried like a little girl when Decim starts crying, seeing him showing emotion was really touching, and I really felt bad for Chiyuki, I expected to apologize to her mom.
Loved this anime, long time ago since I cried so hard lol, Decim's smile 100/10
I felt like they needed to explain lots of thing at the end tho, I'm kinda confused, still 9/10

I'm KinAtsu trash FIGHT ME
Mar 27, 2015 8:58 PM
Mar 2015
Eh... I expected more. Chiyuki was not so different from other dead people. Why is she such a special case that Decim started having emotions because of her? It just makes no sense. What about Nona? She seems to know awfully lot about this. This was no simple "experiment". She seemed to know what she was doing. What is it exactly that causes vessels filled with memories to feel emotions?

Just way too many plot holes for my taste.

But up until the end everything was rather entertaining. I liked it.

7.5/10
1nvaderMar 27, 2015 9:03 PM
Mar 27, 2015 8:59 PM

Nov 2007
I think i just cried for 20 minutes,loool......

There were things that were initially pissing me off about this show...but they addressed everything so...(and now i even like Nona,hah).

This thing is really and truly worth watching.
Mar 27, 2015 9:02 PM

May 2013
LucasRTS said:
...while the principal character of the anime that is supposed to HAVE emotions is complete emotionless.

It's almost like the WHOLE POINT of the series was that the main character WASN'T SUPPOSED to have any emotions. /s (There couldn't have repeated it more ofter during this final episode and during the whole series).

I'm normally not the one to criticise someone for his opinion but how did you manage (and a few other people in thread) to somehow completely turn this around, get it wrong and even use it as a point to criticise the series? It was obvious from the first episode onward.

---

Aside that, I really liked the final episode even though I was hoping for a tiny bit more... something. There is still so much unclear.
DancingJackMar 27, 2015 9:07 PM
"The fool who believed in miracles now walks among the dead." ~ Blade of the Phantom Master
Mar 27, 2015 9:04 PM

Jun 2012
Hmmm...honestly, I was rather cold in regards to the ending of this one. I didn't really feel a connection to either Chiyuki or Decim throughout the series, so the ending wasn't as sad for me as it could have been. I feel like I started out super hyped about Death Parade & my excitement slowly died down throughout the show. That being said, it was interesting and I would definitely watch a second season. Solid 7/10.
"I'm gonna make you bleed like me!"
Characterization Society
Discord
Mar 27, 2015 9:07 PM

Apr 2014
Shit, dat smile of Decim in the end. I feel like I was stabbed for no reason.
So sad yet so beautiful.
Mar 27, 2015 9:07 PM

Oct 2011
Decim x Chiyuki Forever T_________T
Mar 27, 2015 9:12 PM

Jan 2011
There was a few parts that felt weak, but overall I really enjoyed this.
Mar 27, 2015 9:22 PM

Jan 2014
hivekiller said:
Shit, dat smile of Decim in the end. I feel like I was stabbed for no reason.
So sad yet so beautiful.

Couldn't agree more.

Amazing series, and a great end. It had its fair share of HEAVY feels, but certainly had its lighthearted parts as well. I feel this ending was a great way to end it, and even though she was sent up to be reincarnated, and not stay with Decim somehow, seeing her dummy there at the end was still great. When they "went back to Chiyuki's" my god my heart was being tugged at all angles.
Mar 27, 2015 9:24 PM

Aug 2013
That was a nice episode. Knew it was coming, but it went well.

The scene with the fake house and everything was emotional, so was Decim getting his emotions.

The elevator scene was sad as fuck. It was so simple yet packed so much feels.

Love how Ginti was such a piece of shit that even his cat didn't want to be around him anymore. That was like the icing on the cake.

The whole Oculus v Nonna spat seemed kind of pointless though.

SinKira said:
Very touching finale 9/10.
I wish they showed more of Ginti's side though,

Why? He was a fucking atrocious character. I don't see how a show would be enjoyable when it would be centered around some fuckboi who makes biased bad judgments just because he hates humans. The piece of shit doesn't even like other arbiters.

Guarantee that if that nice old lady went to Ginti for judgment she'd be rotting in the void right now.
Mar 27, 2015 9:27 PM
Oct 2007
THOROUGHLY immersed in this week last episode. The whole show is very enjoyable and was one of my most anticipated weekly. Bumped the score from 8 to 9/10
Mar 27, 2015 9:29 PM

Apr 2013
Good and refreshing show, but not as good as people claim
I really like the chemistry between Chiyuki and Decim
The only weakness in this episode was the crying scenes is kinda forced
8/10
Mar 27, 2015 9:32 PM

Dec 2014
omg decim smiled and made chiyuki mannequin(?) nice ending (y)
Mar 27, 2015 9:50 PM

Jul 2014
This is best anime of winter 2015. I DEMAND A S2!!!
Mar 27, 2015 10:13 PM

Oct 2013
Ending feels empty. Sign of a second season? And that Chiyuki dummy!
Mar 27, 2015 10:18 PM
Oct 2011
Boring! But I like the last episode. 5/10
But still better than Ship Girls scooting around on ocean.
Mar 27, 2015 10:28 PM

Dec 2014
It was a fine series I guess, but it has a lot of wasted potential. The art is good though.
Overall 7/10
Mar 27, 2015 10:33 PM

Mar 2013
aha, so decim has 2 eyes XD
how sweet that ginti made a doll of mayu… even if he was kinda an @ss
i was hoping there'd be more conflict or oculus would do something kinda evil with how sinister he seemed… but oh well :P

oh the silly things you find on the internet
Mar 27, 2015 10:38 PM

Feb 2015
2/5. I enjoyed the sympathy part of Decim, but the rest is too predictable and cocktease. I feel it was not properly ended. I demand better epilogue!
Mar 27, 2015 10:48 PM

Nov 2012
Quite an emotional ending T_T
I was suspicious that the "reality" could be just part of a jugdement, and then as soon as Decim offers to send her back, BAM! genjutsu confirmed. I was crossing my fingers that she wouldn't press the button, the choice of angles and pacing made it really intense. Glad she didn't.
And dat Decim's forced smile, priceless.

Without a doubt this is anime of the season for me and even though the tone as a whole is somber and kinda depressing, the message of valuing your life is pretty simple but admirable (perhaps a bit anvilicious) considering what other series do. Actually, as a future teacher, this is a series I would even show to my students.

5/5 Episode
9/10 Series overall

Well done, Madhouse. I would've liked more development regarding Oculus and the rest of the arbiters. Also, and very subjectively speaking, I didn't like that Ginti sent the girl to the void. I know it's basically the same judgment that Decim does in this episode but still I can't hear you nanananana!

First Parasyte and now this series is over :'C I'm going to miss Feelz Parade, but at the same time I hope they don't make a second season. I feel like they might ruin it, the same feeling I have for a potential sequel to The Last of Us.
kchorrex2012Mar 27, 2015 11:29 PM
Mar 27, 2015 10:48 PM

Dec 2014
nowa_ said:
AaaaaaKun said:
You know what, I won't be surprised if the series is actually written by Nona given how much it relied on contrived, awkward dramas just to make you feel something for some of the generic characters with generic background and motivation. It's not to say it can't be something decent, after all a good writer can tell a good story even with the most simplistic elements, but when you spend only two episodes dealing with Nona's arc that seems like so important but ended up with nothing and Onna gone through a forceful transformation (in the last episode she just said "it is wrong for people trying to understand each other", and now just one episode later she's like "Oh my god turns out people may understand each other", mouthpiece much?), compare to the episodic nature of the first half, it's hard not to feel you are just adding that to a story that wasn't planned out that way only because you have to lengthen it to meet the 12 episodes requirement. And all the poor exposition and jumping all over the place with the story just reinforce the idea that the creator may still not have a consolidated idea of what kind of story he wants to tell, thus exposing his immaturity in every aspects.

"While you do not know life, how can you know about death?" It is what I'm gonna say if the show ends on a random philosophical debate. But seems like the creator just wants to tell a simple story so it ceases to be naive but underwhelming, well then it is, Hell girl, you've got a new partner. Shigofumi, you'll have to wait. Unquestionable 5/10.

What a unbearable elitist faggot. I feel bad for your parents.

Mar 27, 2015 10:54 PM

Oct 2014
You guys noticed that the last scene was of her dummy holding the dolls right?
Previously it was her, but this time, it was the dummy Decim made.
Mar 27, 2015 10:54 PM

Feb 2015
AaaaaaKun said:
nowa_ said:

What a unbearable elitist faggot. I feel bad for your parents.

desu
Mar 27, 2015 11:26 PM

Nov 2012
rollin340 said:
You guys noticed that the last scene was of her dummy holding the dolls right?
Previously it was her, but this time, it was the dummy Decim made.

Yeah, that was a nice touch.
Pages (14) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 20, 2015

215 by Seraschi »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 13, 2015

450 by Seraschi »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 9, 2015

840 by sxrpente »»
Apr 23, 11:30 AM

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 30, 2015

672 by NikoFool »»
Apr 2, 10:50 PM

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 23, 2015

521 by Seraschi »»
Apr 1, 2:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.