Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (14) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 30, 2015 9:25 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Nice episode. Really liked the way the game was setup this time especially in regards with arcade game gimmicks. Loved the competition-like atmosphere of the episode though.

The thrills of the episode could be reflected from that woman's point of view. Not hard to imagine what she's feeling after realizing where she is now. There's also that sense of guilt in the air...

The feels of this episode was pretty strong. Really loved the way it handled the emotions with shifting balance.
Jan 30, 2015 9:46 AM
Jul 2013
Really emotional episode. I actually got a bit teary-eyed towards the end.
Jan 30, 2015 10:45 AM

Aug 2014
Damn .. I want to see a game with two males already... (Best friends)
Jan 30, 2015 10:52 AM

Apr 2014
Why has the woman been sent to hell? I don't get it
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 30, 2015 11:03 AM
Apr 2013
Well the stories seemed pretty interesting but they weren't really made clear this time either... I want to actually know what's going on lol!! And yeah it doesn't really make sense to split people into "good" and "bad" tbh

It's an anime that does kind of get you thinking I guess
Jan 30, 2015 11:03 AM

Jun 2012
The MILF's situation was definitely more complicated than Yousuke's but they both made bad decisions in life
I felt bad and didn't feel bad for both of them at the same time
Jan 30, 2015 11:10 AM
Mar 2014
Quite the episode.
The 'nerd' made wrong choices, but he didn't harm anyone directly although his communication with his mother should really have been better. He seemed more an victim of the circumstances despite his suicide.
The 'showbiz star' was complicated - she cared deeply for her children, but I have the impression not all the children cared for her. Also, her treatment of employees is quite unforgiving. While it's certainly an situation people can recognize, I felt more for the story of the 'nerd' then for her story due to her treatment of others.
I guess it's fair this judgment.

Edit: I also guess the reason she went to the Void and he to reincarnation is that he really felt sorry for this he (mildly) had hurt in his life by his behaviour, while the showbiz star only cared for something she now had lost and didn't feel any emotion over her treatment of others. She sure had it hard, but I guess she showed the wrong kind of reflection. But just my guess.
BenMSJan 30, 2015 11:17 AM
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Nth incarnation of NRVNQSR

Animatic (Anime-fanatic)
Jan 30, 2015 11:15 AM

Aug 2013
Good episode
5/5
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jan 30, 2015 11:16 AM

May 2014
I was expecting them both to go to hell since the last episode had them going to heaven. Even though both had bad lives I guess its while you're playing the game that decides where you will go. The arbiter said something about drawing out the darkness so I guess whoever has the most darkness goes to hell regardless of how bad their life was. I think this episode proves that you don't have to know each other before you die and that you just get paired for the game
Jan 30, 2015 11:19 AM

May 2013
So the guy is sent for reincarnation while the woman is going to the void. I can see why.
Jan 30, 2015 11:22 AM
Jan 2014
i doubt she loved her children, because if you love them u wont say "I was about to be happy", if you love your children you'll be happy if they are healthy. Of course money can make your life better, but not everytime happy.

And that quote "send me back to THOSE children" not mine, but THOSE children.
Jan 30, 2015 11:22 AM

Oct 2013
Such an emotional episode. :'( It remeinded A LOT of the original movie, though.

Kind of expected that the woman would go to hell. :/ But, still, I feel bad for her.
Jan 30, 2015 11:28 AM
Apr 2014
Damn that was intense........

5/5 as usual.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Jan 30, 2015 11:32 AM

Apr 2013
I hoped the woman to go to heaven, but it' wasn't that easy, I guess.
She didn't treat her children well. Sure, it's not easy, because she was in a bad situation, but wasn't good to treat her children like that.

I don't understand why the boy committed suicide.
Jan 30, 2015 11:32 AM

Aug 2010
Damn! I teared up at the end T^T
WTH did Misaki go to the void? Well she seemed to be quite the bitch to everyone other than her children but that was just sad :( She was just used throughout her life.

Yousuke was the useless one in society and he even killed himself. He doesn't really deserve reincarnation tbh <_< Well the beginning of his life sucked quite a bit. He's the one who decided to ignore his mother. He could've had quite a happy life.

Decim was quite mindf***ed at the end there. Human's can be really complex creatures. Loved the scene when he hugged both of them. Which really surprised me sending Misaki to the void.

Also this ep proves that the people dying don't have to know eachother or be at the same place :O

Finally next ep we'll be getting some of the characters in the OP.
Jan 30, 2015 11:36 AM

Nov 2008
I want to have a game with Tachiki as the announcer. Great episode.
Jan 30, 2015 11:38 AM
Mar 2014
Oh. I thought this show would become more interesting after last week, but I guess we're back to the melodrama! It's sad, sure, but that's the whole point. Hopefully it can strive for more than an emotional response.

HiNT74 said:
And yeah it doesn't really make sense to split people into "good" and "bad" tbh
That's the point. There's recently been 1-2 anime every year that revolve around this boring "fundamentally wrong" concept, and people eat it up each time. The problem is that Death Parade is not setting itself apart from the majority.
vegetablespiritJan 30, 2015 12:23 PM
Jan 30, 2015 11:40 AM

Jul 2014
Wow, this show sure is ruthless. Now I'm just hoping that we do end up with some sort of overarching plot, but I can tolerate its episodicness just fine.
Jan 30, 2015 11:41 AM

Apr 2013
Damn that was so sad.
I don't know if I'd accept a simple "You've done well" after such a life and such death.
Jan 30, 2015 11:41 AM
Jun 2012
why did the lady go to hell. all i can guesss was that she didnt really care about her kids since the older ones stared at her with a little hate and then she also did fuck in the hall while her children where sleeping in the room. kinda wish they would have elaborated a little bit more on why the otakus mom left and said she wished he was never born.
Jan 30, 2015 11:42 AM

Apr 2013
Why are they always judging people in pairs? And how come it's always been a male and female thus far? That dude isn't even sure whether he judges them correctly or not either. Who the fuck hired that guy? These episodes are getting repetitive as well, I expected more than this.
Jan 30, 2015 11:47 AM

Jun 2014
The feels man. The feels!

So the woman was being a bitch because she went through a lot and the guy was a regular nerd whos parents divorced and his dad started living with another woman.

The woman was murdered but the guy commited suicide.

In the end the woman got sent to the void but that guy to reincarnation.

I wonder what kind of characters will apear in the show later on.

This show is so awesome! 10/10 Can't wait for the next episode.
Jan 30, 2015 11:49 AM

Jan 2013
Wow. That episode was really intense and sad. At the end I really had to shed a tear because both realized how precious life is.
I can understand that the woman is sent to the void because she harmed others, as well as her children. Although she loves them, it might have been too late.

Jan 30, 2015 11:50 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
The names of those moves were funny, particularly on Yousuke's side. Love Figurine Upper, Shrine Pilgrimage Attack, Blu-ray Phalanx. XD

Pretty sure Yousuke was actually trying to win on the second round too. Either it's because gamer otaku like him hates to lose or to confirm certain victory out of 3 rounds.

The moment Misaki began beating up Yosuke, it reminded me of the OVA episode where the young guy also beat up the old man in fear of losing. Afterwards, she felt guilty in the same way too.

I was hoping both of them would be sent to reincarnation. Yousuke couldn't keep a simple request and was pretty worthless. His cause of suicide is unknown as well. Probably because he was divorced?
Misaki on the other side took too many chances with people and got deceived. It didn't seem like she loved her children that much either. But since they realized their mistakes by the end, I think reincarnation is deserving for both of them.

Decim says he brings out the dark side of the human souls, but I wonder if there'll be a case where he fails and misjudges terribly. Since arbiters can also make mistakes too.

Great episode. Hyped for the new characters incoming next week! (^^)

Jan 30, 2015 11:52 AM
Mar 2014
Shaniyaz said:
The names of those moves were funny, particularly on Yousuke's side. Love Figurine Upper, Shrine Pilgrimage Attack, Blu-ray Phalanx. XD

Pretty sure Yousuke was actually trying to win on the second round too. Either it's because gamer otaku like him hates to lose or to confirm certain victory out of 3 rounds.

The moment Misaki began beating up Yosuke, it reminded me of the OVA episode where the young guy also beat up the old man in fear of losing. Afterwards, she felt guilty in the same way too.

I was hoping both of them would be sent to reincarnation. Yousuke couldn't keep a simple request and was pretty worthless. His cause of suicide is unknown as well. Probably because he was divorced?
Misaki on the other side took too many chances with people and got deceived. It didn't seem like she loved her children that much either. But since they realized their mistakes by the end, I think reincarnation is deserving for both of them.

Decim says he brings out the dark side of the human souls, but I wonder if there'll be a case where he fails and misjudges terribly.

Great episode. New characters incoming next week! (^^)

He already did. First episode, remember?

Animatic (Anime-fanatic)
Jan 30, 2015 11:55 AM

Feb 2012
It seems as Decim's judging is getting shitty again, even tho the little boss girl warned him about this a couple of episodes earlier.

No way the woman was supposed to be sent to hell, and the otaku fucker got the heaven spot, who killed himself out of nothing.

Decim fucked up again.
Jan 30, 2015 11:55 AM

Aug 2013
decim was such a gentleman at the end
Jan 30, 2015 11:56 AM

Jul 2013
Such a great episode. I couldn't really hold back when Yousuke expressed his regret.

Willard_FilmoreJan 30, 2015 12:00 PM
mitch3315 said:
This might be a bit hard for you to believe, I know I didn't at first, but the thing is that other people actually have different opinions to your own. Crazy, right? How dare they not conform to your opinion on this show, or any other, who the hell do they think they are?
Jan 30, 2015 11:59 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
I feel like Decim was very harsh in this episode and he took it too far.
Jan 30, 2015 12:00 PM

Jan 2014
OMG THE BEST EPISODE YET. Made me shed a tear :(
Jan 30, 2015 12:01 PM

Feb 2014
That hug at the end.
Just before the elevator doors completely close, the one to go to hell, just has to look up and have a slight difference in expression..

LeosApathy said:
Why are they always judging people in pairs?

Not sure when it was explained, but Decim said that when two people die at the same time, they go to Queen Decim to be judged.

"Later on, you will become a lively person causing headaches as the shrine-god."
Jan 30, 2015 12:02 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
BenMS said:
Shaniyaz said:
[spoiler]The names of those moves were funny, particularly on Yousuke's side. Love Figurine Upper, Shrine Pilgrimage Attack, Blu-ray Phalanx. XD

Decim says he brings out the dark side of the human souls, but I wonder if there'll be a case where he fails and misjudges terribly.

Great episode. New characters incoming next week! (^^)
[/spoiler]

He already did. First episode, remember?

I know. I meant as in Decim using his device and still failing. In first episode, Decim was misled by Machiko purposely acting guilty, which you can't really consider to be the dark side of a human soul.

Jan 30, 2015 12:02 PM

Oct 2014
Oh just getting to know their past really is emotional, I don't know about you guys but who went to who is an enigma, make all the assumption you want, bottom line is that it is an open question as to whom goes to hell and who get's reincarnated.
Jan 30, 2015 12:04 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
This gave me more feels than latest Shigatsu episode, that's quite something.

Also this one was so hard to judge, could have gone either way for both of them in my opinion, i wouldn't blame Decim of failing again.
Jan 30, 2015 12:05 PM

Jan 2014
Smudy said:
This gave me more feels than latest Shigatsu episode, that's quite something.

This is x100 better than Shigatsu man
Jan 30, 2015 12:06 PM

Apr 2011
Very great episode the ending was very sad and intense. For him to say she had done well and still send her to hell I just don't understand that judgement. I felt like she should have gotten a second chance.
Jan 30, 2015 12:07 PM
Mar 2014
Tres_Bandidas said:
Oh just getting to know their past really is emotional, I don't know about you guys but who went to who is an enigma, make all the assumption you want, bottom line is that it is an open question as to whom goes to hell and who get's reincarnated.

Actually no it's not. In the second episode you could see the faces on the elevators (did in the first episode too) and then Decim explained it together with Nona to Onna (do I have the names right btw?). They told us who went where as well as what both contain.
The third episode severely implied none of both went to the Void. And the faces on the elevators were the same as the one who got sent to the reincarnation cycle in the first/second episode.

Animatic (Anime-fanatic)
Jan 30, 2015 12:08 PM
Mar 2014
Hikarusuke said:
Very great episode the ending was very sad and intense. For him to say she had done well and still send her to hell I just don't understand that judgement. I felt like she should have gotten a second chance.

I guess he meant to say both had done well by laying bare their actions and reasonings, thus their true souls. Not complimenting on what they are or how they did in life.

Animatic (Anime-fanatic)
Jan 30, 2015 12:12 PM

Nov 2008
Shaniyaz said:

He wasn't divorced. You're confusing Yousuke with his father, Yousuke was standing at the door while his parents got divorced. That's why he couldn't call his stepmother "mom" as he didn't really see her as his mother even though his real mother hated him.
Jan 30, 2015 12:12 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Man that episode was the most emotional one yet

On one hand we have the woman who was used sexually and heavily abused by every man in her life with 5 kids to take care of and then the otaku boy who was abused, neglected and abandoned by his mother.

I must say that I really like how realistic this series gets because the situation with both persons really does happen in real life but what really impressed me is that this show isn't afraid to tackle serious things like Abuse, Depression and Suicide

In the end I felt really bad for both of them and although I don't agree with suicide, I get the feeling of depression that suicide victims commonly have....Personally I feel more bad for the woman because the kid had two adults that cared for him whereas the wife always lost in life and was taken advantage of

However, the woman's actions during the game ever showed that all that abuse she received messed her up and we know this because it seems like she was kind of a bad mom as time progressed and then there's her mistreatment of other people that of which then obviously got her killed....Regardless of this, in the end everything she did was for her kids so that alone makes me sympathize with her even more....I really am sorry to see that she got murdered too, she didn't deserve that

If the two persons had to go to one place or the other then I would have accepted this verdict hut now that we know that both players can go to the same place I have mixed feelings about the verdict, but what's done is done and in the end her faults outweighed the boy I guess but I would have gave them both another chance because it's not their fault for why they are the way they are
TokoyaJan 30, 2015 12:45 PM
Jan 30, 2015 12:14 PM

Aug 2009
Hmm I was really conflicted when I saw the woman go to the void. She had a pretty hard life compared to the male, not insinuating that his life was easy it was also difficult but she went through physical abuse which can really mess people up. Sure she seemed wicked but I think that originated from her abuse more than anything. Maybe she never planned to get pregnant from those who abused her but had the children anyway even though the father was violent and probably wasn't there most of the time. I can empathize with her and her struggles actually. All she knew was abuse, after awhile it made her turn violent as well. Not an excuse for her, just an explanation

Jan 30, 2015 12:15 PM

Aug 2013
I can't believe the otaku Yousuke committed suicide.

What about all the seasonal anime that are airing?

_YG_ said:

Go watch "Death Billiards" then.
Jan 30, 2015 12:16 PM

Apr 2011
BenMS said:
Hikarusuke said:

I guess he meant to say both had done well by laying bare their actions and reasonings, thus their true souls. Not complimenting on what they are or how they did in life.

So your saying like they just lived their life and just dealt with the outcome? I can understand that a lil but I still think she should have gotten a second chance especially her kids.
Jan 30, 2015 12:20 PM
Aug 2011
well I didn't expect her to bash his head into the arcade machine...

Taewan said:
decim was such a gentleman at the end

yes he was, I really liked that
definitely caught me off guard since he's so stoic
Jan 30, 2015 12:22 PM
Mar 2014
Hikarusuke said:
BenMS said:

So your saying like they just lived their life and just dealt with the outcome? I can understand that a lil but I still think she should have gotten a second chance especially her kids.

I wouldn't give her a second chance based on her kids - I'd rather base it on the abuse she suffered and which broke her as a person.
It's a difficult situation with her. If she had only suffered the abuse, she would have gone to the reincarnation cycle even if her kids weren't happy with her partially.
However, she mistreats others too - and that makes this such an damned decision. While I personally have the impression Decim made the right choice, on the other hand I can certainly see why others say she should have gotten a second chance.

Animatic (Anime-fanatic)
Jan 30, 2015 12:24 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Ramkec said:
It seems as Decim's judging is getting shitty again, even tho the little boss girl warned him about this a couple of episodes earlier.

No way the woman was supposed to be sent to hell, and the otaku fucker got the heaven spot, who killed himself out of nothing.

Decim fucked up again.
In a sense, yes he had no reason to kill himself, but as we all saw, his mother not only abused him but she completely neglected and eventually abandoned him as well

Hearing your mom not only say that she wishes you weren't born but to mean every word of it can really fuck up someone and he was a little boy too when this happened

Depression is a serious thing and I don't condone suicide at all but a child should never have to go through that....I just wish that he could have seen that somebody did love him before he ended his life
Jan 30, 2015 12:24 PM

Mar 2013
This show is too good. Just sayin'.

Every episode is great and different in some way. Every story surrounding the "players" are interesting, in my opinion, and I really like they way they present them. Small snippets of memory at a time to slowly give you an idea of what's going on. And yea, so far I've gotten very emotional from every single game they've played. Love it.

It would be nice to see some of the other characters found in the OP now though. It's about time for that.
Jan 30, 2015 12:27 PM

Apr 2014
I thought this show might go downhill with the pair of the week format but this episode was the best as of yet so that's definitely not the case.
your waifu is shit
Jan 30, 2015 12:29 PM

Aug 2014
StevenHu said:
I can't believe the otaku Yousuke committed suicide.

What about all the seasonal anime that are airing?

_YG_ said:

Go watch "Death Billiards" then.

I did already.. But they aren't best friends lol. I meant a deep bond of friendship :3
Jan 30, 2015 12:30 PM

Aug 2014
The woman was sent to hell only because if you compare her sins to Yousuke... there obviously is a big difference
Pages (14) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 9, 2015

840 by sxrpente »»
Apr 23, 11:30 AM

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2015

663 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 11, 4:30 PM

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 23, 2015

521 by Seraschi »»
Apr 1, 2:56 PM

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 6, 2015

596 by oDaw1 »»
Mar 25, 12:06 PM

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 16, 2015

674 by Listone »»
Mar 24, 6:08 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.