Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Parasyte
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (14) « First ... « 9 10 [11] 12 13 » ... Last »
Jul 18, 2016 1:13 AM

Aug 2013
Not a bad anime. Unfortunately, I lost my interest after episode 12. Too bad that Murano never died and I wish Kana lived a bit longer. Well, at least Shinichi finally saved someone.
Jul 28, 2016 6:47 PM

Jan 2011
this got a bit boring during its second half

6.5/10
Jul 30, 2016 6:44 PM

May 2016
goodbye migi sad ending
I don't care
Jul 30, 2016 10:26 PM
Jul 2016
Great show, impressive character development. 9/10. I just love when things arent that obvious and this series gave me a few great surprises. Hope they keep bringing more and more of this level of adult show. It just gave me so many memorable moments. It was a savage ride my good friends! Top Fun!

However I appreciated the pace and the plot until ep 14, the "discovering of the parasitic nature phase" was quite intriguing, the second half was also good, but it lacked a bit of direction and execution focus. There was a moment I thought that migi actually took control over him by invading his mind through the subconscious. Hell, my brain just feel teased playing with the possibilities! Gonna miss you migi!

Cheers from Brazil you pirate scum!!
DarkSlumberJul 30, 2016 10:35 PM
Aug 11, 2016 10:36 PM

Jul 2016
Parasyte the Maxim was an overall great experience to watch! Quality would fluctuate from episode to episode, but overall I had a good time watching it. I think the ending could've been better and finished off in better terms, but I really just loved Shinichi's development with Migi.

P.s. I don't get why people so drastically change their scores just cause they didn't accept the ending. Like they'd go from an 8/10 to a 3/10 just cause of the ending.

Aug 12, 2016 6:38 PM
Jun 2016
That was an absolutely amazing anime. Hands down.
Aug 29, 2016 12:06 AM
May 2015
I loved it. Maybe the ending was a bit forced, it felt that way. But still, I enjoyed every single episode. 9/10
Aug 31, 2016 6:39 PM

Mar 2013
Anime of the Year. Some of the strongest episode endings ever. Each one ended on such a thrilling note that it Demands that you immediately watch the next. Incredibly nerve wracking overall. Tied up all loose ends for me in the end. Mainly the (nearly) full TRUTH FINALLY being made known to Murano. Even if required the aid of the (surprisingly likable) escaped serial Killer.

Sooo many great characters. Kana, Migi, Shinichi, Tamiya Reiko. In the end even Murano by KanaHana. All of them made me cry at some point.

Most anime you think "X will be saved no matter how dire things look". With the brutal episode 12 and Kana voiced by the amazing Sawashiro Miyuki, the sense of "Immortality" was destroyed. As such when Tamiya Reiko died in a nearly equally tear wrenching death, the sense of tragedy was through the roof. Migi's Death in episode 22 was painful (never would have thought before watching Parasyte when i saw the disgusting looking creature voiced by Hirano Aya that this would happen), and i accepted it. The "Ressurection" didnt bother me in the slightest. I desperately thought that Murano would be the final nail in the coffin. Even till the last moment i thought something would still be wrong.

Main/Only thing that really bothered me the entire anime was not filling in Murano on atleast SOMETHING. Even if Migi couldnt be persuaded to reveal its identity to Murano (bargaining with Migi could have been attempted imo), surely SOME truth and emotion could have been relayed to her. I.e "helping get rid of Parasytes" (we even saw the detective pick him up from school when he was with Murano, so that was a perfect chance to say he had some involvement with dealing with the killings). Then the emotion aspect could have been expressed to Murano, which would have helped heal Shinichi and Murano as well.

Normally I wish anime would have more realistic sexual relationships (as opposed to most not even having a freaking kiss, let alone more...). Sadly the episode 21 I couldnt appreciate as much due to the even bigger intimacy issue of TRUST and TRUTH not being dealt with satisfactorily. However in retrospect that made me finally love Murano. She "accepted" Shinichi and comforted him physically eventhough he hadn't opened his heart to her properly. That gets major points.

I could ramble forever. I skipped most of the forum discussion till now since i was desperately fearful of spoilers. Would have loved to read many of the posts for each episode. Zanen. I'll read some now.

10/10 No doubt about it, maybe a Top 20 Anime.
Sep 11, 2016 3:48 PM

May 2014
I'm still wondering where the Parasyte iteself came from, but overall a great show. 9/10, but probably wouldn't watch again
Sep 12, 2016 1:03 PM

Feb 2016
I was so glad when i saw that murano was alive!
Sep 30, 2016 1:19 AM

Feb 2013
Was not disappointed!!! Loved this show.

9/10
Oct 3, 2016 7:13 PM
Jul 2018
Holy SHIT. This show was beyond epic. Such an outstanding masterpiece. Pretty much the best anime I've watched in a year or so, seriously.

Loved the beggining, the middle, the end, everything.
Loved the soundtrack, the brilliant plot, the twists, the emotions, everything.

Fucking EPIC anime *.* *.* *.*
Oct 5, 2016 2:31 PM
Dec 2013
Holy cow that ending was intense, I was terrified that Satomi was going to die at the end, I'm so glad shes alive.

But, that ending came off as a little pretentious by end, I probably would have complained regardless, as I got annoyed when the catch in KLK was just aliens, but whatever, the fight scenes and general animation were still great regardless of the plot. Definitely worth the watch.

manofmanybeansOct 5, 2016 2:41 PM
Oct 16, 2016 1:22 PM

Jan 2013
The first half was very good but then after it went went downhill. why did migi die? what happened to the rest of the parasites?

Gets 7/10 from me.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 27, 2016 10:53 PM
Mar 2016
Fell out of my chair thinking they weren't gonna give Shinichi a happy ending.

Glad they did though
Nov 2, 2016 10:04 PM

Sep 2013
Not a great ending. I think it would have been better to end after episode 23. It always bugs me when they have a character with special abilities and then decide to take the abilities away at the end of the story. I mean, why? What's the excitement of knowing he's just a normal dork all over again? I'd rather imagine that he goes on to do great things with his powers. Meh.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Dec 2, 2016 8:51 PM

Sep 2015
I have a hard time believing Migi saved Maruno when Izumi had his eyes closed. I feel like he just imagined not getting Maruno in time during that period. Kinda disappointed in this series as towards the mid-end range it got rushed and sloppy.
Dec 17, 2016 1:45 AM

Oct 2013
Stark700 said:
Great series overall except a few parts in the second half.

I hope more older manga gets adaptations in the future. Might consider BDs although I heard sales aren't very good.

ED

Is that image actually in the episode?
Dec 24, 2016 5:51 PM

Jun 2013
Migi falls into a slumber. Nothing about the origin of the parasites is explained. Then the writers find a way to squeeze in a scene where Murano can be the damsel in distress again.

Well, at least it was a good time for other people, so I guess that's something to celebrate.
Dec 25, 2016 12:21 PM

Oct 2016
really nice ending, i was just really scared that Murano was going to die.. thank god she didn't.
Jan 1, 2017 4:03 AM
Dec 2016
That's what we called an happy ending
But they can add some more seans after he rescued her.
Jan 1, 2017 7:57 AM

Nov 2016
I finished watching this series yesterday and I wish I had watched it when it first aired. Though it's a simple concept, I just couldn't stop watching and finished the 24 episodes in 2 days. There were some dumb or irrational moments, but even so this is now one of my favourites. Migi was endearing!

9/10 (because I find it difficult to give 10's) and bonus points for amazing soundtrack.
Jan 5, 2017 8:16 AM

Mar 2010
7/10, I guess.

It was entertaining and it had its moments, but what annoyed me about it was the total lack of subtlety when it came to the philosophy the series espoused and characterization. Dialogue was unnatural and the ending with the murderer came totally out of nowhere. Still, I did enjoy it on some level.
Jan 9, 2017 11:01 AM

May 2016
Man I will miss this anime for sure, I kinda felt sad about migi.
Jan 18, 2017 3:15 AM

Jul 2008
I really didn't like the ending with Migi, just going to sleep see ya. Aside from the Uragami part this was a weak final episode.

Everything up to this point was great though, so it gets an 8/10
Jan 23, 2017 9:32 AM

May 2010
I had some trouble sticking with it at times, but overall I'm glad I pushed through. As others have said it kind of fell away for the second half, and the strong characters kept dying which left more time for Murano to not pick up the slack.

In the end I am glad she survived though, for Shinichi's sanity and happiness as much as anything else. She also seemed to grow more in that final scene than the rest of the anime.
Jan 25, 2017 5:32 AM

Aug 2014
tbh i feel like there wasn't much of a plot except shinichi just figuring shit out when a ton of shit happens. but i still liked it regardless.
Xtina is my mother!
Feb 23, 2017 6:46 PM

Dec 2016
I'd have prefered Murano to actually die. That would have made the ending more impactful. Well.. good series overall. 7.8/10
Mar 15, 2017 11:45 PM

Dec 2016
I was gonna say, if Parasyte ended with Murano dying, I would've offed myself, like Migi :)
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Mar 25, 2017 11:38 PM

Apr 2011
CuddlyKitty said:
Not a bad anime. Unfortunately, I lost my interest after episode 12. Too bad that Murano never died and I wish Kana lived a bit longer. Well, at least Shinichi finally saved someone.

My thoughts exactly. They introduced Gotou way too late for him to feel like a "real" antagonist, compared to Reiko.

Also, Kana was way more interesting as a character than Murano.
Mar 28, 2017 6:37 AM
Jun 2016
WOW, that was one of the best finales I watched yet. I loved how they author made you scream and shout for a moment then would go full on troll and give you the appropriate ending xD. Dont know what with all the hate this one. I enjoyed it very much. Truly entertaining from start to finish. Bye Migi, best right hand man! It gets a high 5! Jk 10/10 ^.^
Apr 7, 2017 2:41 PM

Jul 2015
Wth? The manga aired back in 1989? This really surprises me. Anyway, it was pretty good through and through, I'll give it that. They still didn't explain how the parasites came to pass, but eh it is what it is. Still sad about Kana's death.. The second half of the show is where it got a bit gnarly for me, imo. Not too sure how I felt about the ending tbh. It would've been more emotionally impactful if she had died, but I guess that even if they were to go with the fact that she survives, I'm glad they got Migi involved.

I was quite entertained. Overall, I'll give this anime a 8/10.

caught in the wonder
Apr 11, 2017 10:50 AM

Jul 2013
What? Did they run out of ideas to write about? This feels too disconnected from the rest of the series. Ending it on episode 23 would have suited it much better. Lmao the criminal was the true final villain. Anyway, this show has certainly went down a terrible cliff ever since Tamura Reiko died. This would have been a solid 7/10 but just because everything went awry in the past 4 episodes, I'm dropping it to 5. I could easily give it a 4 if I wanted to since the events that happened towards the end weren't my only problem with the show and I'm honestly really disappointed right now but I'll give it enough credit for Tamura Reiko, the only character I ever liked in this anime. 5/10
Apr 20, 2017 8:33 PM

Apr 2017
It felt a little artificial that Murano was saved. It would've been sad if she died, but well, we're not talking about a particularly "happy" show here. Maybe if she was supposed to live in the end, I don't know, Uragami could have pushed her to the center of the roof, not to the edge. It seemed like Shinichi ended up like a hero.

Anyway, that's just a bit of opinion I had to spit out. I enjoyed the series a lot. It made me think more than just a few times...
Apr 27, 2017 7:53 PM

Apr 2017
So that means now Migi can help in dangerous situations only.
I don't know if the manga contains a sequel or a different ending? lovely series though especially after episode 5.
May 20, 2017 8:27 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Great series, the setting was so different from most stuff we see nowadays, that for itself made the anime worth to watch. The plot and the OST were great, animation had moments of briliance when needed, but outside those, solid but nothing that amazing. Interesting cast, Migi's and the whole Parasytes why of seeing things had alot to the plot.
Gotou was a retarded "final boss" IMO, he wasnt a danger to the world, in fact at some point I though the manga would do, "the whole world is in danger" trope, but it was always more in a microscale, about Shinichi and Migi's lifes. Dunno if it would have been better the other way, but I appreciated this kind of direction.

I have yet to see Monster anime, but I have readed the manga along time ago, Parasyte the Maxim, had moments it made me recall Monster's themes alot!
Which was nice, since they are themes rarely explored in a decent manner.

OP was great, but didnt liked ED much, also I would have prefered if we got a second OP and ED. First OP kinda spoils alot of stuff starting from shinichi mom becoming a parasyte, to other stuff like gotou parasyte form.

I liked this ending, it felt like a nice conclusion, Migi isnt really dead, he may appear again one day, he may not Shinichi will go along with his life, parasytes will still exist but more into a symbiosis relationship with the human race from now on, and while some such where left explained, it did not bothered me too deeply, I will just assume the parasytes´appearence as an act of nature.

Overall I will give this show a 8.9/10, I felt that the anime might be slightly overrated with such a score and polularity, BUT is a great, thought provocating & very memorable ride.

PlaycoolMay 20, 2017 8:30 AM
May 20, 2017 8:36 AM

Feb 2017
Who knew a normal human would be the hidden final boss

"All it took was an arm and a leg"
May 22, 2017 11:05 PM

Sep 2010
Was a very interesting watch. Would've liked to see things a bit more fleshed out
May 26, 2017 1:13 AM
Aug 2013
Maybe I've aged a bit, or my memory of the manga is muddled, but I don't remember Shinichi being this annoying throughout. The anime was a definite letdown for me thanks to an absolutely shitty and holier-than-thou MC. 4/10

Edit: stupid half of an MC. Migi is still awesome as ever (that's how bad Shinichi was in this adaption).
SouKaiyouMay 26, 2017 1:31 AM
Jul 2, 2017 4:56 PM

Mar 2010
Meh, MC was kinda bad, murano for the most part was annoying as fk, Lot of plotholes..but oh well, 6/10 for me
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 1, 2017 9:12 PM

Mar 2010
9/10 since I marathoned this in 2 days but some of the scenes had really bad CGI that distracted me.
Nov 3, 2017 11:39 PM

Oct 2017
Damm this series went to shit in the second half (Post Reiko)..wtf happened? Shinichi who was quite compelling turned into a whiny bitch all of a sudden. The final villian was a joke too.

Also fuck Murano, what an annoying & useless character (Why did Kana have to die but not this bitch?)

4/10

Aardwolf94Nov 3, 2017 11:42 PM
Nov 16, 2017 2:31 PM

Dec 2013
I'm sad that Migi "went to sleep" but it's good to know he isn't dead and that he saved Satomi. Overall 8/10
Jan 15, 2018 7:10 AM

Nov 2016
nonsense ending. if parasites were 'smart' they shouldve realized eating with humans shouldve been easier than eating humans.

other than that ive always hated all these 'humans are the real trash' endings. ill just pretend it ended with gotos death and consider this an OVA.
anime/manga version of steam would be awesome - https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1625396
Feb 12, 2018 1:33 PM
Apr 2017
Great ending, i was very sad when Migi went to sleep, and it was so amazing how he woke up to save Murano. Really loved that guy. Great anime. 9/10
Feb 17, 2018 10:15 PM

Jul 2009
This episode went in a very different way than I thought it would. First of all, Migi "going to sleep" to pursue his own thing ... too bad :( The philosophical thoughts were expected, but I thought we'd see Shinichi graduating from high school, not a time skip! Shinichi and Murano sure look different XD Shinichi really does look older ... and more buff too lol :P I didn't think that Uragami would make a reappearance ... or that we'd end with him going his final killing spree O_O My thought process while Murano was falling: Oh Migi's going to save her right ... wait ... HE DIDN'T WAKE UP AND THEY KILLED HER OFF IN THE LAST EPISODE?!??!?! ... Oh, no, he DID save her, OK XD Well, I guess happy ending ... although I thought it was funny that Shinichi still has that knife stuck in his arm LOL XD

So my overall thoughts: great show that was a thrill from start to finish. Amazing characters and development, especially seeing Shinichi (and Migi) change throughout the show. I LOVED the music honestly, the BGM never failed to make me get excited and the slower and more touching pieces were good too. Plus of course, the story was good and even some interesting philosophical thoughts brought up too. Animation and art ranged from awesome (like during fights) to poor, however, and I did think that it got a little worse at times. Overall a wild ride and is definitely a great show to watch - I really enjoyed myself! 9/10
Feb 19, 2018 3:34 AM
Apr 2017
One of the worst final episodes I've seen TBH. Still, good show overall. I'll have to think before I give it a score, but I'm confident it will be somewhere between 7.25 and 8.
Feb 19, 2018 8:14 AM

Jan 2013
Interesting ending, definitely felt a bit out of place.
Other than that, I'm glad Satomi was saved in the end, I dont think I could've handled her dying because of the "real human" killer

Show was fantastic, characters were well developed, the ways Shinichi dealt with Migi nearing the end evolved a lot.
I love me some philosophy, show delivered enough regarding that.

9/10
Feb 21, 2018 10:54 AM

Sep 2017
i thought murano dies and then shinichi goes insane and turns into a murderer himself.

considering the left hand punch, he still had that super human power from 30% of migi, so i guess he could have jumped with murano , catch her and somehow land with out even hurting much..it couldn't have been worse than getting punched an thrown into the air by miki, could it?

anyway, i'm done with sad endings for now, so i'm very glad that murano lived.
Apr 1, 2018 11:07 PM
Aug 2017
Aww so nice ending,
Really going miss this show alot.
I'm so happy I watched this anime, 10/10 from me
Love the way, how he saved Murano. Now they're going
To be together forever :) I liked Murano alot.
Shinichi suffered alot. It was sad how migi gone asleep forever
But he helped shinichi to save Murano. Shinchi was so cool.
And Murano is soo pretty and cute (really liked her) shinchi really loved her alot
I'm feeling sad the anime has ended. ^_^
Pages (14) « First ... « 9 10 [11] 12 13 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Netfix - Parasyte: The Grey A Korean Live-Action series

sarahak - Aug 24, 2022

24 by Elfezen »»
Apr 23, 1:19 AM

» [SPOILERS] Parasyte: The Grey, Post-watch discussion thread

JVskunkape - Apr 13

0 by JVskunkape »»
Apr 13, 11:55 PM

Poll: » Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 4, 2015

244 by httplatte »»
Apr 12, 12:25 AM

» Biggest plot hole? Or maybe not

egosumjohn - Apr 6

21 by Ankibank »»
Apr 11, 11:03 PM

Poll: » Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 15, 2014

386 by LaciG »»
Apr 8, 6:01 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.