Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Apr 5, 2015 1:10 PM

Feb 2013
Really happy with the ending
Apr 5, 2015 1:45 PM

Apr 2010
Why did we only get a few images of Raika?
What kind of heresy was this?
bastek66 said:
Worst girl won (in LN too). Fuck this shit.
This is the truth without a doubt.
Raika should have win or maybe Shiori.
Well at least we had a conclusion and it's been a while since i have seen i have seen one.
Apr 5, 2015 3:17 PM

Jun 2013
So Sora won...
Alright then. Personally would've preferred Raika, but this is ok I guess.

7/10
Apr 5, 2015 5:00 PM
Nov 2010
I was really hopeing the parents would still be alive....... the mother and father were so cute together D:
Apr 5, 2015 5:21 PM
Dec 2013
I read on Kiss anime that Raika died. Anyone know anything about that?
Apr 5, 2015 5:21 PM

Apr 2014
Ahhh, that was good.
Like this kind of ending :D
Both sad and happy ending...
This series is good as always and very enjoyable.
8/10
Apr 5, 2015 5:29 PM

Dec 2013
esv80 said:
I heard that the reason why Raika was not there, was because she was dead by the time Yuuta and Sora were going to get married.

Originally, Yuuta was going to marry Raika, but Raika apparently died. I'm assuming a car accident, on the way to her wedding.

I'm not sure of this myself, but it's what a lot of users have been saying who have read the LN.. (ー△ー;)

See what I mean?
This could have been a great ending if they'd only explained everything and tied up all the loose ends for non LN readers/anime-only viewers. Instead all they do is give us the VERY LAST part of the ending, and act like whatever happened in between was just "steps along the way" that were too unimportant to even mention.

I for one would have appreciated this OVA more if they'd at least told us Raika had died. Heck, have her pop up at the end with the parents or something.... Giving us a Cat-eared service shot was just pure unfairness. Made me think she was still there... sobs.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Apr 5, 2015 5:39 PM
Nov 2010
L-Ryoshi said:
esv80 said:
I heard that the reason why Raika was not there, was because she was dead by the time Yuuta and Sora were going to get married.

Originally, Yuuta was going to marry Raika, but Raika apparently died. I'm assuming a car accident, on the way to her wedding.

I'm not sure of this myself, but it's what a lot of users have been saying who have read the LN.. (ー△ー;)

See what I mean?

This could have been a great ending if they'd only explained everything and tied up all the loose ends for non LN readers/anime-only viewers. Instead all they do is give us the VERY LAST part of the ending, and act like whatever happened in between was just "steps along the way" that were too unimportant to even mention.

I for one would have appreciated this OVA more if they'd at least told us Raika had died. Heck, have her pop up at the end with the parents or something.... Giving us a Cat-eared service shot was just pure unfairness. Made me think she was still there... sobs.

she didn't die tho lol
Apr 5, 2015 6:12 PM

Dec 2013
MrJc said:
L-Ryoshi said:

See what I mean?

she didn't die tho lol

Sigh.... give an anime-only fan a break will ya?
Now it makes even less sense, considering Raika was the main love interest throughout the show.... explanations please!
HESTIAAPPROVES
Apr 5, 2015 6:25 PM
Jul 2012
It felt pretty surreal to me, watching everyone all grown up. It's been about 3 years since I first saw the series, and kind of just moved on, but it was nice to see a conclusion after all this time. We finally get confirmation on the parent's fate (even if it was grim to begin with, you never know in an anime).

Overall, I thought it was nice closure for the series but my only problem was not knowing what the heck happened between the end of the first season and this OVA. I was pretty shocked to see Sora win in the end. Would have been nice to see what happened to everyone else in the club (especially Raika) since they were a pretty big part in Yuuta's life.
My anime blog
Ganebare Anime
Apr 5, 2015 6:56 PM
Sep 2012
I like how pissed off some people are over this when considering they haven't done much research to find out that the anime only covered two light novel volumes nor have they ever read the light novel to understand how Sora won. I haven't read it either, but I'm not complaining. There should be some obvious reasons how it came to be if we could read the light novel all the way to the end. Which probably won't happen for a very long time since the fan-translation for the light novel has been idle for quite a long time now.

Well, I, and others, hope that a season 2 would come.

jman90 said:
Overall, I thought it was nice closure for the series but my only problem was not knowing what the heck happened between the end of the first season and this OVA. I was pretty shocked to see Sora win in the end. Would have been nice to see what happened to everyone else in the club (especially Raika) since they were a pretty big part in Yuuta's life.

Well, it's pretty much an OVA that's set in the last volume of the light novel. The anime only covered the first two volumes so there's a HUGE gap for many anime-only viewers (like me).
Apr 5, 2015 7:09 PM

Jun 2014
OMG
From the anime I never liked raika, NEVER. Sora was better for me but the anime pointed everything for a raika x Yuuta ending so I kind of lost hope for Sora x Yuuta.
And BOOM this ending appear and I was utterly shocked.

9/10 for the best girl ending and the emotonal buildup, that got crushed in less than 20sec.
Apr 5, 2015 7:16 PM

Jul 2013
It's been so long since I last watch this anime yet it still stayed the same and gave me the same warm fuzzy feeling. It's like I've only just finished the main series recently.

Hina is as cute as ever and man, Sora has grown into such a fine young lady. I actually don't have a problem with her winning. In fact I kinda expected her to since Raika-type of girls never won in this kind of love battle.

It's a decent and heartwarming ending for this anime, I just hope they'd adapted more of the LNs before arriving in this OVA.
Apr 5, 2015 9:59 PM

Jun 2012
Lol, never expected Sora would win. I personally prefered Sora, and this came as a big surprise. So that's it, that's our conclusion, and pretty sure we won't get anything more adapted. Still, only 2 novels out of 18, that's a huge gap between the end of the series and this. Guess only thing left for me to do is to eventually get at reading the LN.
Apr 5, 2015 10:33 PM

Aug 2013
I dont care what people say but im crying right now T_T

and.. wonder who is Sasha O_O
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 5, 2015 10:34 PM

Jan 2014
They grow up so fast (*´ч ` *)
And lovely ending, Congratulations Yuuta and Sora <3
Apr 5, 2015 11:47 PM

Feb 2015
what's happening? miu real mother's suddenly appeared. sora and hina grew big. sora and yutta get married ? . why they skipped many stories and end it in ova ? why don't make a new series to see what happened ?
Apr 6, 2015 12:17 AM
Jul 2012
esv80 said:

Thanks for the info. Now all I can think of is "Fuuka". I hate the Yuuta-Sora relationship even more now... I really shouldn't hate it more for that fact.
Apr 6, 2015 1:35 AM
Nov 2009
I forgot that this anime even existed and that I watched this 3 years ago. Still, that ending almost made me tear up. Getting married at their age seems pretty young to me tho. Like why not just become bf/gf for a couple of years longer before getting married? I was never a fan of this show but it was alright. I guess there won´t be anymore continuation of this show in the future.
Apr 6, 2015 2:05 AM

Jul 2014
Well, that was both unexpected and predictable.

Now, this has left me a bit unsatisfied, but not because of the pairing, but rather because it ended so abruptly T-T

It does feel like putting down a really good book though after spending aa good time reading it.
Apr 6, 2015 2:58 AM

Feb 2014
This was so much better than the first OVA. Except for Hina's part, the first OVA was like any typical bonus episode that's done for fanservice, so I wasn't expecting much from this one. I was hoping for the anime to get a second season, but I'm fine with it ending here, since I got my Sora x Yuuta ending. I didn't think that would actually happen, what with her insisting on calling him Onii-chan all the time.
Apr 6, 2015 4:22 AM

Aug 2013
I was wondering that could they made season 2 instead of this wrap up OVA for us. If not then I'll have to find a novel version to read.
Apr 6, 2015 4:55 AM

Feb 2014
Anyone notice that Miu is taller than Sora, despite being younger?

Prisonhell said:
I dont care what people say but im crying right now T_T

and.. wonder who is Sasha O_O

Sasha is...
tetrix1993Apr 6, 2015 5:02 AM
Apr 6, 2015 5:07 AM

Oct 2010
A quick Google proves that Raika is NOT dead so don't believe that BS that is being spread around. With that said I have to say touché Japan touché once again you got me excited about a series with the heart warming begging, then crushed my hopes with another vile ending just like usagi drop.... FML.
Apr 6, 2015 5:35 AM

Jan 2014
Yuuta and Sora are engaged. However, I am curious to see what happened to Raika.
Only thing I didn't like was the time gap. Nevertheless, I am satisfied with this ending. Only because I 'got' an ending.
Apr 6, 2015 7:13 AM

Jul 2011
WHAT IN GODS NAME HAPPENED WTF?? Did I miss something from the series or the first OVA because all of a sudden Sora and Yuuta are in this committed relationship.

I prefer Raika but meh, whatever, I guess Sora is ok...
Apr 6, 2015 8:02 AM

May 2010
Everyone has gotten older... I missed Miu! So she really is adopted.

Poor guy. Got rejected. I was rooting for Raika x Segawa but I guess, no. This ain't that bad but really...

Fun fact - Eri Kitamura sang the OP. She is Miu's seiyuu. It was funny how she was singing it in Miu's voice in that live.

Hina is such a fastie, "Kiss now."

They are going to get married and Sora still calls Yuuta her onii-chan...

The feels were nice....

God I miss Raika, they totally disregarded her.

And "Coloooooor", I freaking loved that ED!!! One of my favs. <3

8.5/10. Wanted to give it 8 but the nostalgic hit me hard.
Apr 6, 2015 12:29 PM

Apr 2013
I'm ok with it. :)
Apr 6, 2015 3:15 PM

Mar 2014
bastek66 said:
Worst girl won (in LN too). Fuck this shit.
xD But yes I agree.
"Did you really think I wouldn’t cheat just because I was already winning?" - Dread Emperor Terribilis II

"I chose glory and success. The box did not contain what was written on the lid." - Sand dan Glokta
Apr 6, 2015 7:05 PM
Apr 2013
I thought it was kinda cute. Better than that fanservice-filled first OVA, at least. The most annoying part was the ghost parents overreacting to everything... :3
Apr 7, 2015 2:41 AM

Jun 2008
Wow....

So, in the end they literally skipped EVERYTHING and went to the finale.

A second season would've been great....I mean, what the fuck happened in those 4 years?

There's so much that I wish we could've found out.....knowing how it all ends feels pretty hollow if you don't know how it got there...

This is definitely one of the more shocking OVAs I've ever seen.....I expected a random episode, instead we get the series finale in a very emotional way.

Damn, anime....you scary.
Apr 7, 2015 5:08 AM
May 2013
For those who are upset at the OVA, please note a few things first:
1) The anime covered the first 2 volumes of the light novel.
2) This 2nd OVA covered the ending of Volume 18 (which is the last volume of the light novel), thus we have a 16 volume gap. Please avoid assuming that there was no development whatsoever between Sora and Yuuta. It just isn't shown in the anime since the anime was only part of the beginning of what was 18 volumes of light novels.
3) Sasha IS Miu's mother, which is why the Father said that it seemed "like a love triangle" since Sasha was his ex-wife and Yuri, which was his current wife, was with him.
4) Yes it's true anime only viewers would want to pull their hair out at the lack of information and the fact that they didn't even bother to do a recap of 16 volumes. But hey, budget issues bla bla bla, not enough people bought the blu-ray and merchandise bla bla bla, the studio didn't see making a season 2 as profitable.

Now on my thoughts of the OVA. I liked it. I could feel the awkwardness between Sora and Yuuta but it was clear they had come to terms with their feelings for one another and accepted that they loved each other. Also brought tears to my eyes when I think about how the parents got to see their little ones grown up but they weren't there to see the process of them growing up or raising their own children.

Do I think the OVA was good if you had knowledge on what happened in the light novels? Yes.

Do I think the OVA was good if you were an anime only watcher? Hell no, the lack of any information or recap whatsoever would kill you.

Well these are just my opinion so take it with a pinch of salt.
Apr 7, 2015 5:20 AM
Jun 2013
I was shocked, and speechless. Everything went as I expected until Sora said shes getting marry. Oh well, at least I like her most
Apr 7, 2015 7:29 AM

May 2014
I actually glad sora won- her or miu were the only 2 I would have been satisfied with. thank god it wasn't raika, I was worried for a moment.
Apr 7, 2015 1:45 PM

Apr 2014
i loved when this series first came out and then it was gone for years and then i found out about the manga and such and then a new ova came out and then again was gone...

and then finally this ova came out and wont lie i was shocked to see all of them was alot older i was just thinking that it would be more story but a rush to the end was kinda unexpected to me....

anyway this ep itself it was nice to see them older but at the same time i hated the fact that the parents ended up dead in the end (i never read the LN) i mean i was hoping for them to be still alive in some way but only to be treated to bitter sweetness ...

as for everyone else hina and miu was pretty much the same and all though miu cant sing at all lol, and hina still as cute as could be... but sora still cute and all and older the fact that she ended up with yuuta idk i just couldnt agree with it as i was hoping him to get with Raika and then they would be the new parents but was a huge twist... while its still nice i would have preferred Raika

but the ending is the ending and i am happy they decided to give us an anime of the ending but least now i can say i am done with the series as there's no way no more will ever be made....

not how i wanted to end but least it had an ending is how i see it
"one step at a time"
Apr 7, 2015 3:26 PM

Mar 2014
43211 said:
jbeat said:
Whatever happened to Raika? She was awesome!!

Oh well, I guess Sora is alright too, but she's still too young to get married. I mean, why not wait til she's past 20 years old or something, or when they're both financially stable. Plus getting married when they haven't even kissed?! Does the Yuuta even love Sora? Come on? You've gotta kissed at least once if you really love her.

I was saddened though to see the ghost parents missing all those years of their kids growing up.

The marrying age in Jpn:

For females: 16

For males: 19 I think

It's 16 for girls and 18 for boys WITH parental consent

without parental consent it's 18 for girls and 20 for men

remember in Japan you aren't considered an adult until 20 rather than 18 like it is in a lot of the world

She would most likely have to wait till 18 because they might take issue with Yuuta giving parental consent to marry himself since he was technically her guardian.

If it was legal filing that paperwork would have been super fucking awkward.

"Yes that is correct, sir. As her legal guardian I am giving my parental consent for her to marry me."

So much arguing and hate in this thread tho tho, especially when everyone is wrong. Obviously Hina should have won!
LiquidacidApr 7, 2015 3:51 PM
Apr 7, 2015 3:43 PM

Mar 2014
I cried when Hina said "I saw mommy and daddy"
A book and who seek it attract one another. -Dantalian no Shoka
Apr 7, 2015 6:24 PM

Apr 2012
This OVA looks like a last episode or it really the last?

The girls already grown up :')

Happy with the ending too. :D

8/10

Apr 8, 2015 12:37 AM
Jul 2018
The only thing this OVA remind me of is Oni-Chichi. XD
Apr 8, 2015 7:16 AM
Jun 2013
I love Miu's equivalent in Onichichi but let not go there
Apr 8, 2015 8:36 AM

Jun 2014
TragicRomance said:
Everyone has gotten older... I missed Miu! So she really is adopted.

No.

bastek66 said:
Supposedly fans in Japan are enraged, they want another volume with proper ending since Raika was most popular. They also hate that nothing was pointing out that Youta has romantic feelings towards Sora.

Same for Raika. There was no hint the she likes Yuuta romantically. Maybe in LN she developed feelings for Yuuta. But same goes for Yuuta, he also fell in love with Sora.

Kinda boring ova. I miss Sora's tsunness and their voices were horrible.
5/10
Apr 8, 2015 10:31 AM

Oct 2013
was meh I didn't hate the pairing jsut meh I guess it's all over now I dead parents were a little weird to I always enjoyed the fact they they said the plane went missing it kind of left the off chance they were alive
[/quote]
Apr 8, 2015 2:53 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
badgerkins said:
Kaengel said:
Everyone.

Please keep in mind that the anime only adapted 2 volumes of the Light Novel.
2 volumes out of 18. So there are a lot of things that we might not know ^^

WTF? So there's a massive massive gap between end of TV series and this OVA episode? Chances of S2?

The parents being ghosts was kind of messed up in my opinion. Would of preferred if they just showed up at the very end then emotional impact would of been much stronger.

There is a 4 year gap in the anime. Look at Hina, she's like in what, 2nd grade.

Well if the parents would have come back, the writer would have needed to do some serious explanation.

Overall I disliked the ending. Raika got pushed aside just so Yuuta could marry Sora. Getting that so wanted pair up in anime at times fails. When we want the childhood friend to win, they make the least liked girl to win. When the best girl who is Raika is demanded, they give us Sora.

Shingo was hilarious during the confession scene. Telling Sora to reject the guy xD.
Poor guy

Miu must be more open minded than what she appears to be. Saying if Yuuta/Sora have done it leads me to believe that she knows what doing it means.

Good thing, Yuuta noticed Hina's fever before it got worse. The marriage would have been called off period by Shingo/Yuri. Overall decent OVA.

Apr 8, 2015 11:53 PM

Jan 2012
it started as a pretty interesting story then it became ecchi fan service. Now theres little service. Make up your damn mind!
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Apr 9, 2015 1:00 AM
Aug 2014
my expectation was very low for this ova. I thought it will be another lolicon fan service with tons of "accidental ecchi" and "plot" physics. it was good and concludes the anime perfectly. I wish if more anime will have this sort of ova if they're not planing to make more seasons.

(didn't read the noval and not planing to)
Apr 9, 2015 7:22 AM
Feb 2013
SweetKotomi said:
badgerkins said:

WTF? So there's a massive massive gap between end of TV series and this OVA episode? Chances of S2?

The parents being ghosts was kind of messed up in my opinion. Would of preferred if they just showed up at the very end then emotional impact would of been much stronger.

There is a 4 year gap in the anime. Look at Hina, she's like in what, 2nd grade.

Well if the parents would have come back, the writer would have needed to do some serious explanation.

Didn't know that less than 1/8 of the LN was adapted. I realise there was a timeskip but that 4 years of missing story pisses me off and for anyone who only watched the anime series. The previous OVAs were just filler then they drop this bombshell so suddenly.

I'm not asking for them to come back alive. I just didn't like how they were portrayed here and it ruined the vibe of the episode. If they only appeared in their ghostly form at the end during the vows, it would of been a lot better in my opinion.
Apr 9, 2015 12:56 PM

Sep 2009
I hate that Yuuta choose Sora. I was a Raika fan (actually Miu is better but I don';t even want to consider her a part of the harem, she is better as she is).

But OVA itself was great. I don't even get why you are raging about the plot itself. It was not some crappy fancervice but good heartwarming ending for the anime.
Apr 10, 2015 8:28 AM

Jan 2013
Blame whoever decided to do the English fan translation of the light novel and just abandoned it in not knowing what happened between the TV series and this OVA instead of raging against Sora-chan. It's nice to see them animated as they are older but would of been better if they had a second season now for sure there won't be. Oh well. Feels for the OVA pounding on my sensitive heart, it was very nice. Especially hearing the ghost parents (not sure if that's a right word.) for a nice conclusion.

Whoever wrote Raika is dead... stop. You got trolled. She's a Elementary School Teacher. She confessed to Yuuta in Vol.17. I don't need to tell you what was said since should know what didn't happen. Everyone got an all right conclusion even the pervert and Raika is all right with things between Sora and Yuuta. Not sure what people see in Raika x Yuuta. I thought Sora and Yuuta match each other better though I can't say it was smooth leading there despite it going to 18 volumes. Not the first time this has happened by the author.

Images from Volume 18
Apr 10, 2015 1:43 PM

Sep 2009
S1 bombed in sales. And although LNs got some bust it wasn't enough to make S2. So it's still better than nothing. At least we know the ending now.
Apr 11, 2015 4:40 AM
Sep 2010
Sora end!!!! Yahoo!!!!
Gonna go read the light novel now.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Papa no Iukoto wo Kikinasai! OVA Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2013

81 by HiljainenSipuli »»
May 14, 2023 11:17 AM

» Preview

Stark700 - Apr 23, 2013

9 by LoneWizzy »»
Mar 15, 2015 1:41 PM

» Combining the two OVA's together

Iconic - Nov 20, 2014

6 by Paulo27 »»
Nov 30, 2014 7:01 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.