Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 23, 2015 8:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Gao gao~

One of the more calmer episodes for the first half. Then, there's the hunt of the second half. They are still making use of that ray gun machine in that discriminate way. Quite a bit of the usual "love" talking but it's interesting to see the narrative with Ginko this episode.

Felt bad for Lulu at the end there D:

Mar 23, 2015 11:12 AM
Oct 2012
And let the judgement begin!

Nice going Ginko, nice going Lulu, you both are "not guilty", but now for the main event!
Mar 23, 2015 11:50 AM

Dec 2014

So this is the girl who is next on the list to get "invisible storm" if Kureha is done. Hmm.
Ikuhara you are one manipulative bastard, I will wait till next week to properly judge you.
Mar 23, 2015 11:54 AM

May 2013
Poor Lulu. So Kureha is undergoing a trial. One more episode to go.
Mar 23, 2015 12:19 PM

Jul 2007
So as I guessed we see parts of Kureha's trial and it is something that will happen in last episode.
Ginko smashed the mirror from her side now.
All that is left is for Kureha to shoot the mirror from her's, for the true world to happen, breaking the story/the play the wall orchestrated. .

Also, oh look, a child gets bullied for befriending someone of alternative sexual preference because they are evil.

AhenshihaelMar 23, 2015 12:29 PM
Mar 23, 2015 12:25 PM

Jan 2015
LULU NOOOO!
Mar 23, 2015 12:33 PM
May 2013
And so another favorite character died.
Pandora hearts broke my heart
Mar 23, 2015 12:40 PM
The Priest Esser

Nov 2011
Of course this had to happen, it's not a kunihiko anime if it isn't sad
idk why I was here but I'm prob back to playing Dragon's Dogma 2 again when you read this

Mar 23, 2015 12:42 PM
Jul 2018
Poor Lulu, she died.
Mar 23, 2015 1:11 PM

Aug 2013
NOOO!!! NOT LULU!!!
Mar 23, 2015 1:15 PM

Sep 2013
Damn, what an episode this one was. Loved it from beginning to end. It was a bit rushed though.

We finally get the full backdrop for Ginko and I must say, it was rather enjoyable. We get the full picture of her relationship with Kureha where it portrays the bullies picking on Kureha for her non-conventional relationship. They did kind of gloss over it a bit more than I would have liked and it made it feel more preachy than interesting because of that but it's still something you don't see often in anime.

Ginko's conflicting thoughts cause her to go on a rampage and massacre pretty much every human she sees. Pretty screwed up to be honest... Though they were trying to kill her anyway so it doesn't really stop me from sympathizing with her situation.

Then there was the last scene... I'll admit, I am not sure I like the message of, "Not giving up on love no matter what" since that's kind of stalker talk, isn't it? Though, they present it in a way that shows it isn't exactly the wisest decision since it can clearly cause a lot of problems.

Lulu's death was rather emotional. They killed off my favorite character... D: I didn't tear up or anything but it was well executed. It's cathartic too since it, to an extent, evens the playing field. Lots of humans died and now a bear has died too, all for the sake of love. It's rather poetic in a fucked up sort of way. Shows how stupid it is to raise such hatred over love.

Nitpick: They didn't need the scene where evil bear is naked on Ginko again, a simple whispering in ear would have been fine.

I would have liked it if they fleshed out the bullies a bit more but I guess they didn't really have time to do it in a 12 episode series... It makes them all seem like psychopaths and I am not a fan of that because it feels like the show is manipulating me to sympathize with Ginko and Kureha.

Other than that though, I liked this episode a lot.
Mar 23, 2015 1:15 PM

Jun 2013
Nooooo lulu
Mar 23, 2015 1:37 PM
Aug 2009
No.... No no no, NO! What the... Why?! How could they do that to Lulu T_T She's one the most adorable characters I've seen for last years.
Mar 23, 2015 1:39 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
I cried. Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Mar 23, 2015 2:07 PM

Jan 2009
1. Probably the worst episode so far as it became very predictable

2. Kureha's book, the one her mom gave her, being torn up in front of her face was actually more devastating than LuLu dying… LuLu no!!!

7/10
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
Mar 23, 2015 2:08 PM

Apr 2013
Heh, I knew it.... Best girl had to die :'(
Mar 23, 2015 2:27 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
RIP best girl TwT WHY DID SHE HAVE TO DIE GOD DAMMIT :(

Overall it was a decent episode and I'm glad that Ginko came to her senses and really developed a lot as a character

Looking forward to the finale (Those school girl bitches better die too.....Every single last one of them)
TokoyaMar 23, 2015 2:32 PM
Mar 23, 2015 2:34 PM

Feb 2014
"And so I got the wrong idea, and thought the world approved of me."

OUCH. GINKO. OUCH ; n ;
LemonMar 23, 2015 3:29 PM
Mar 23, 2015 2:38 PM
Aug 2012
You do know that Lulu is not dead right IKUHARA bruh XD she isn't dead LOL
Mar 23, 2015 2:40 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
The flashbacks reclarified how much of a tough past Ginko had. Became a human girl for Kureha's sake just to be rejected by her and the bear society for not giving up on love.

Best girl Lulu died.. Goddamnit why! >.< Her last moments with Ginko were so sad. T_T . I really hope Ginko activates her Yandere mode next week and kill all those bitches!

Decent episode. So Kureha's crime trial begins. Finale should be interesting.

Mar 23, 2015 2:47 PM

Oct 2014
LULU, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

That scene when Lulu died in Ginko´s arms with a smile... T^T
Holy Madoka! The Yuri is strong here!

My Anime List
Mar 23, 2015 2:53 PM

Aug 2012
Lulu nooooo, wtffff Ikuhara. Beyond being best girl, Lulu is the key piece to Ginko and Kureha getting their promised kiss in more ways than one, as this episode proved. Ginko wouldn't have broken through her perception of herself without Lulu's selfless display of love, and her sacrifice after Kureha abetted her escape will be the main push for Kureha to tear herself apart. Not to mention her actions leading to the conflict that will have ultimately been the driving force behind Ginko being forgiven after everything getting aired out. She was the driving force behind a shitload of the story. It's bullshit man. As mad as I am though, it was executed so well, and ten times more emotional than a certain recently finished anime.

This was probably the best episode. All the buildup to the mirror breaking payed off big time with the way it was executed, especially utilizing the representation of desire and contentment in Mitsuki. Really looking forward to what Ikuhara has in store for us with Kureha's trial, it's all going to come together in an insane way.
Mar 23, 2015 3:04 PM

Jan 2015
Bye bye 100% happy ending
Mar 23, 2015 3:47 PM
Mar 2015
I legit thought Lulu was safe after the kill fakeout from the last episode. Amazingly well executed episode, even if I didn't like what was happening.

...considering the Judgemens didn't specify living status (and Kureha isn't exactly deaf), doesn't the fact that Ginko is telling Lulu what happened in her trial void the offer a la Little Mermaid? Would not be surprised if she's back to being stuck in bear form like Lulu was. Maybe that's why Kureha is on trial, to become a bear instead (of course, the Judgemens say she is guilty of a crime, not that she's petitioning the court for something.)
Mar 23, 2015 4:05 PM
Apr 2013
NONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONO
Mar 23, 2015 4:13 PM

Dec 2013
Mar 23, 2015 4:35 PM

Mar 2012
I really enjoyed this episode. It fleshed out the story, explained some more stuff, and had some great lines. I'm still not sure what to make of people dying, though.

Keten said:
We get the full picture of her relationship with Kureha where it portrays the bullies picking on Kureha for her non-conventional relationship. They did kind of gloss over it a bit more than I would have liked and it made it feel more preachy than interesting because of that but it's still something you don't see often in anime.
Yeah, that part felt a bit like watching an anti-bullying video directed by Ikuhara.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Mar 23, 2015 5:00 PM

Jul 2012
Grungehamster said:
I legit thought Lulu was safe after the kill fakeout from the last episode. Amazingly well executed episode, even if I didn't like what was happening.

I wasn't expecting it at all, either, but more because the visuals at the ending of the OP theme and the entire ED theme (regardless of title card used) suggested that the three of them would be together. Then again, I supposed it could be intended to be figurative.

josh_ said:
Yeah, that part felt a bit like watching an anti-bullying video directed by Ikuhara.

Yeah, stuff like that and some of the Invisible Storm stuff has been really in-your-face. I'm still not really sure whether or not I like it less because of that.
You can also find me at:
Wordpress
Tumblr
Mar 23, 2015 5:03 PM

Jul 2007
josh_ said:

Keten said:
We get the full picture of her relationship with Kureha where it portrays the bullies picking on Kureha for her non-conventional relationship. They did kind of gloss over it a bit more than I would have liked and it made it feel more preachy than interesting because of that but it's still something you don't see often in anime.

Do you even Ikuhara, bro?

That's how it always is.

ITs no different than Utena having to fight against different aspects of sexism affecting women in our world.
Mar 23, 2015 5:30 PM

Apr 2013
Lulu noooooo! :(
Mar 23, 2015 5:50 PM

Jun 2013
:( Poor LuLu! She was such a sweetie
Mar 23, 2015 7:25 PM

Oct 2010
This show really is brilliant.

In episode one, Lulu and Ginko are presented as singularly focused, predatory antagonists. But by episode eleven, the death of one of them leaves us devastated.

Yuri Kuma Arashi is about perception and prejudice. The events of this episode provoke an awareness of how our perceptions of these characters have changed as we've come to understand them on a deeper level over time.
Mar 23, 2015 8:53 PM

Jul 2014
Mar 23, 2015 9:02 PM

Feb 2012
Nooo my favorite lesbian
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 23, 2015 9:09 PM

Sep 2012
poor lulu :(

Mar 23, 2015 9:17 PM

Oct 2011
LULU NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

She supported Ginko in the end T______T

She brought Ginko and Kureha together.
Mar 23, 2015 9:48 PM

Sep 2014
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF not Lulu :(
Mar 23, 2015 11:06 PM

Feb 2012
LULU WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

PLEASE BE ALIVEEEEEEEEEEEEE

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Mar 24, 2015 12:15 AM

Aug 2013
nononononononNoNONOOO
why would you do this too meeee
whyyyyy
;_;
wow gay
Mar 24, 2015 2:30 AM

Aug 2011
Goddamn this show. The music getting cut off really iced the cake, didn't it? But now Lulu can be with her little brother... ;~;

Hopefully Ginko kicks (or eats) some ass. I wonder if Kureha is going to court for killing another human? Maybe she's finally fed up with her classmates' shit and the Invisible Storm that she somehow takes her rifle and shoots/kills the leader?

Next week can't come any faster, can it?

Mar 24, 2015 3:09 AM

Dec 2014
Nooooo Lulu. :( Couldn't help but tear up at that part..
Looking forward to next week.
Mar 24, 2015 4:59 AM

Mar 2013
Well now it confirms what i thought for a long time: this anime is a pure Masterpiece

Mar 24, 2015 5:48 AM
Mar 2015
Sejin said:
I wasn't expecting it at all, either, but more because the visuals at the ending of the OP theme and the entire ED theme (regardless of title card used) suggested that the three of them would be together. Then again, I supposed it could be intended to be figurative.

I've been worried ever since she said this in episode 4: "Ginko, fulfilling your love is my love. I feel like if I can do that, I can see him again. Just one more time..."

That just screams "redemption through death." Honestly surprised they didn't go for max feels and have that line echo in the background as an image of Mirun/Milne appeared before her eyes before she died (though the music immediately stoppinh and her going limp was a VERY effective cut instead.)

Speaking of episode 4: Lulu may be dead, but she isn't necessarily gone. There was a character in Penguindrum with a surprisingly similar story to hers, and fans of the show will remember how things turned out for her.

Of course, this being Ikuhara, the only way that happens is if there is an even more tragic loss to justify her return, so don't count on it.
Mar 24, 2015 8:58 AM

Jan 2009
Now that lulu is gone i just want kureha and ginko to live together forever i don't have time for more ikuhara drama pls
Mar 24, 2015 9:01 AM

Jul 2014
I really like these exclusion scenes, they are so stylish and fun to watch. xD

When Ginko broke the mirror or wall between human and bear, as a human and a bear, she became a humanbear, lol. I take it as: The world is not only human or bear, it's full of colors.

Also, I'm still a little puzzled about Mitsuko. Mitsuko existed as a living being, right? Or was she only Ginko's desire all the time? I think she existed but now she's symbolizing Ginko's desire, otherwise the first few episodes with Mitsuko/Konomi and Mitsuko not knowing that Ginko is a bear make not much sense. Or do they? Or what if Ginko's sin (when "watching" Sumika being killed) was that she let her desires take over her and she, herself, "killed" Sumika? And Mitsuko as a living character never existed? I don't really know what to think. O_O

And why did Desire-Mitsuko's band fall off when Ginko separated from her?? What does it mean?
PabilsagMar 24, 2015 9:08 AM
Mar 24, 2015 9:24 AM

Jan 2015
Pabilsag said:

When Ginko broke the mirror or wall between human and bear, as a human and a bear, she became a humanbear, lol. I take it as: The world is not only human or bear, it's full of colors.

Also, I'm still a little puzzled about Mitsuko. Mitsuko existed as a living being, right? Or was she only Ginko's desire all the time? I think she existed but now she's symbolizing Ginko's desire, otherwise the first few episodes with Mitsuko/Konomi and Mitsuko not knowing that Ginko is a bear make not much sense. Or do they? Or what if Ginko's sin (when "watching" Sumika being killed) was that she let her desires take over her and she, herself, "killed" Sumika? And Mitsuko as a living character never existed? I don't really know what to think. O_O

And why did Desire-Mitsuko's band fall off when Ginko separated from her?? What does it mean?

Oh god...seems that you didn't watch this show. I'll start:

-Mitsuko is dead. She is Ginko's desire now, but in the episodes 1-3 Mitsuko was alive.

-In the ep 9 Mitsuko explained that she knew that there was another bear in the school (when the brick falls).

-I think this is explained. Ginko's sin was letting Sumika to die.

-Mitsuko existed but at ep 9 ginko's desire takes the form of Mitsuko.

Sorry for my bad english
Mar 24, 2015 10:13 AM
Mar 2015
Pabilsag said:

Also, I'm still a little puzzled about Mitsuko. Mitsuko existed as a living being, right? Or was she only Ginko's desire all the time? I think she existed but now she's symbolizing Ginko's desire, otherwise the first few episodes with Mitsuko/Konomi and Mitsuko not knowing that Ginko is a bear make not much sense. Or do they? Or what if Ginko's sin (when &quot;watching&quot; Sumika being killed) was that she let her desires take over her and she, herself, &quot;killed&quot; Sumika? And Mitsuko as a living character never existed? I don't really know what to think. O_O

To clarify: Mitsuko was a real bear who was never shown to have motivations beyond satisfying her base urges. Ginko is haunted by her, urging her to pursue pure satisfaction rather than face the pain and torment self-sacrifice entails. It is open to interpretation whether it is the ghost of the real Mitsuko trying to get revenge on Kureha for killing her or if it is simply the form her Id takes in this chariot allegory.

An armband on a school uniform suggests a position of power. It falling off means that Desire no longer control her.

And yes: the exclusion scene was awesome, especially the arms snaking out to Kureha. The black on red thing is used a lot by Ikuhara (shows up most here with Kuma Shock and the Bear War scenes) but the arms were a fairly blatant reference to the Swords of Hatred from Utena (too obscured to actually spoil much): https://40.media.tumblr.com/23080425bfcf149e71142134eb8a6c43/tumblr_inline_nlpvi1XaQy1s6hfzk_500.jpg
GrungehamsterMar 24, 2015 11:34 AM
Mar 24, 2015 1:45 PM

Oct 2013
Lulu's death to save the day was super predictable but very well executed. Really liked the cut to silence.
Mar 24, 2015 2:05 PM

Jan 2015
shawnofthedeadz said:
Lulu's death to save the day was super predictable but very well executed. Really liked the cut to silence.

I think you are Sherlock...
Mar 24, 2015 2:24 PM

Jul 2014
@Grungehamster, Xenocrisi
Thanks for your replies. So it's probably as I thought, too.

1 or 2 Ep discussions earlier someone was talking about Mitsuko being Ginko's desire from Kureha's perception ALL the time or something similar. I thought it would be an interesting point of view to view the scene where Ginko is standing behind a tree and watching Mitsuko "kill" Sumika as Ginko's desires "taking over", which leads to Ginko herself killing Sumika to satisfy her desires.

Grungehamster said:

An armband on a school uniform suggests a position of power. It falling off means that Desire no longer control her.

Ahh, that makes sense.^^
And yes: the exclusion scene was awesome, especially the arms snaking out to Kureha. The black on red thing is used a lot by Ikuhara (shows up most here with Kuma Shock and the Bear War scenes) but the arms were a fairly blatant reference to the Swords of Hatred from Utena (too obscured to actually spoil much): https://40.media.tumblr.com/23080425bfcf149e71142134eb8a6c43/tumblr_inline_nlpvi1XaQy1s6hfzk_500.jpg

Didn't think of that! It surely looks a lot like the scene in Utena. Nice catch.
PabilsagMar 24, 2015 2:28 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yuri Kuma Arashi Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 2, 2015

107 by Bing_101010 »»
Sep 16, 2023 9:44 PM

Poll: » Yuri Kuma Arashi Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 19, 2015

140 by Bing_101010 »»
Sep 16, 2023 9:14 PM

Poll: » Yuri Kuma Arashi Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 12, 2015

194 by Bing_101010 »»
Sep 16, 2023 8:57 PM

Poll: » Yuri Kuma Arashi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 5, 2015

417 by Bing_101010 »»
Sep 16, 2023 8:39 PM

Poll: » Yuri Kuma Arashi Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 26, 2015

167 by sketchy12 »»
Apr 21, 2023 4:26 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.