Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Yowamushi Pedal
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 9, 2015 9:59 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Eh, this episode felt a little slow imo, probably because of the background talk rather than intense confrontation on the road.

Second half better. Midosuji's psycho face never ceases to amuse me although I find some of his flashbacks to be bittersweet. One thing I find interesting about his childhood is how much he tries to change himself though.
Mar 9, 2015 10:26 AM

Sep 2007
sounds like I'm in for another week of disappointment then. Not that having a second season dedicated on a single race wasn't disappointing enough of course... but at least some episodes were exciting, while some others were slower than certain captain tsubasa's ones and they were honestly a pain
Mar 9, 2015 11:03 AM

Jul 2010
Midousukji sticking his head like that, good thing his face isn't touching the guard rails, the friction.

Onoda's mom and Class President had a nice chat! Onoda's mom was pretty amusing with her being thick on something.

Imaizumi's frame cracking :O

Didn't expect to see such growth from Midousuji with him finally reflecting on all the events of the race. Seeing his mother again makes me want to hug my mom. Losing the battle like that :/

Hmm, it feels like Hakone was looking at the battle from the side and join in only after Imaizumi and Midousuji had did their damage to each other.

Great flashbacks and a pretty good episode. Am I the only one that get scarred with the people standing on the road which might somehow intervene with the race.

Starting to miss a lot of the rest of the cast...
Mar 9, 2015 11:27 AM

Nov 2007
Rest in pieces Midousuji hahahahahaha

Onoda's mom:*

you gooo Imaizumi....tho...damn,Manami
(btw.in real road race Onoda would have to give up his bike to the ace because that's how it works usually...)
Mar 9, 2015 11:31 AM

Apr 2014
Badass Imaizumi is badass.

Lol'd at Onoda's mother asking class pressident if she likes Manami.
Mar 9, 2015 11:45 AM

May 2013
To be honest, I'm glad that Midousuji is out of the picture now. But now Hakone is back in race. I thought that Onoda was behind Imaizumi and Midousuji. I guess they passed him.
Mar 9, 2015 11:51 AM

Jul 2011
Finally tsuyoi Fuku-chan is back. I was starting to think he lost his way or something. Glad to see him back.
Mar 9, 2015 12:03 PM
Nov 2009
And Midousuji exits the stage
Mar 9, 2015 12:05 PM

Feb 2015
Damn that was intense, and Midousuji falling off was sad in a funny way.
Also, that was the most dramatic 'WE ARE STRONG' ever
FatefulLove said:
Midousukji sticking his head like that, good thing his face
Starting to miss a lot of the rest of the cast...

Same, like everytime Makishima appeared for 1 second in a flashback in that episode I was like 'ayyyyy, there he is D:' as the thirst is real.
PhantomLMar 9, 2015 12:08 PM
Mar 9, 2015 12:24 PM

Aug 2010
Oh man! Where the hell did Onoda go D:

Ur screwed Imaizumi. The frame breaking was just so much UUGGHHHH!!! T^T
All my respect to u Imaizumi! I wonder how long he'll last against them nxt ep. From the title of nxt ep...Imaizumi vs Fuku until they're dead?

And Midousuji's fall was quite emotional Well other than "what is this sight in front of me? A butt :O?" XD. RIP mate ^^; U were a BOSS too.

Onoda vs Manami will be the finale? Can't wait to see the mom's reaction :3
Barion-ZaraMar 9, 2015 12:48 PM
Mar 9, 2015 1:34 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
I think Onoda's mom purposely trolled Miyahara about the mountains and Manami. TFW her crush likes mountains more than her. :3

Imaizumi's frame broke at the worst possible time. Though he managed to shake off Midousuji, doubt he'll last against Manami and Fukutomi.
Where is Onoda when you need him? Damnit!

Saw someone commented on this episode regarding Midousuji's happiness. Here goes:
Aren said:
Episode summary: Imaizumi's ass is the color of Midousuji's happiness.

Nonetheless, I'll miss Kimoisuji and his creepiness. Best character of Yowamushi Pedal, hands down.

Good episode. That Omake though.. So goofy and hilarious! XD

Mar 9, 2015 1:36 PM

Apr 2012
how the fuck did the frame brake? Aren't these bikes made not to brake in these kind of situation?
Dam Midosuji is out the best character of the show RIP.
It all rests on Onoda now.
Mar 9, 2015 1:36 PM

Sep 2013
I'm rage quitting this series if Imaizumi's bike breaks down completely. It's such a horrible plot device just to make him lose and make the useless main character Onoda win for Shohoku!!
Mar 9, 2015 1:44 PM

Oct 2014
Black_wind said:

(btw.in real road race Onoda would have to give up his bike to the ace because that's how it works usually...)

Is that so? Even in high school level races? I'm surprised, but it makes sense. The Ace is the most worthy candidate for getting past the finish line first.

---

Back on topic, seeing Onoda's mom was quite interesting. But I still have no idea how she could be so clueless about the race.

I think that the next episode is going to wrap this race up. We're so close to the end, I can almost taste it.

The omake was quite interesting. Seeing those little kids react to Onoda and Imaizumi was hilarious. They know not the intensity of a true road race.
Mar 9, 2015 2:06 PM

Apr 2014
Shaniyaz said:
Saw someone commented on this episode regarding Midousuji's happiness. Here goes:
Aren said:
Episode summary: Imaizumi's ass is the color of Midousuji's happiness.
Mar 9, 2015 5:11 PM

Jul 2010
Furuhashi said:
Shaniyaz said:

Glorious.
I was actually thinking about a possible connection of Sohoku's jersey's color and the thing about Midousuji's happiness, that's why I didn't really expect Midousuji to fall like that and I'm a bit disappointed but it's still fine I guess.

Anyway, Onoda pull your shit together and win this race already. I wonder how much more they need to tease this.
Mar 9, 2015 5:49 PM

Jan 2014
God this episode was sooo good. Onoda vs hakone is coming
Watch Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha, you wont be disappointed. http://q.pokefarm.org/user/Uran10
Check out My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEz0PrV3Vh-ksW0mzOWnnSQ

Mar 9, 2015 5:50 PM

Jan 2011
I didn't expect Midousuji to wipe out, I don't think he can make a comeback this late in either. He also sounded like he really wanted to ream Imaizumi's ass.

As for the ED card, Onoda wants dat ass for himself.
Mar 9, 2015 7:29 PM
Aug 2007
Is it really going to be just 24 episodes? Because at the rate it is currently going I don't know if they're going to finish InterHigh this season.
Mar 9, 2015 9:16 PM

Apr 2014
Yowapeda S3 please.
Mar 9, 2015 9:52 PM

Jan 2013
No Midosuji went down. I wondered how he recovered from forcing his leg like that a while back. How far back is Onoda?
Please finish in 3 episodes.
Mar 10, 2015 12:48 AM

Oct 2013
My Lord Midousuji's face's position... WAIT A SECOND! WHO, WHAT, WHEN, WHERE AND (KA)WHY dafuq just happened????!!!!!

You guys can't tell me you saw this coming... no way... unless u read the manga obv.

AWESOME PLOT TWISTS!!!!

And as usual, "Oretachi wa... TSUYOI!"

LMAO dat postcredits scene never fails to amuse me!
"There's no shame in falling down... true shame is to not stand up again!"

"Aah? Of course I won't miss!"

"My blood tastes like Iron."

"Run through the tape in life! Never give up! Run through the tape!"
Mar 10, 2015 4:02 AM

Sep 2007
Midousuji = Slenderman, CONFIRMED
Mar 10, 2015 6:46 AM

Jul 2014
am i the only one annoyed by onoda's mom?
How do I signature?
Mar 10, 2015 10:30 AM
Oct 2007
OMG! THAT LAST 5 MINS!! EPIC RIGHT LEG PEDALING ONLY!!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 10, 2015 5:02 PM

Nov 2011
Not happy to see Midosuji go.
Tsuyoi is back.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Mar 10, 2015 6:05 PM

Apr 2008
I can't even with Imaizumi's frame right now. That's some serious BS and we all know it. And where the hell is Onoda? Realistically speaking, it doesn't make sense for Minami (because we all know that it's the first years' race) to lose am with how far back Onoda must be. Honestly, all the *catching up* that all the characters do seems a bit unrealistic when they say they're already pedaling as fast as they can.

But don't mind me; I'm just a bit frustrated at the moment.

I just want to know who wins, damn it. Did you know that Googling "YowaPeda Inter-High winner" does not tell me who wins the Inter-High? Did you know that the Wikia doesn't have any information for day 3? Because I know those things.

ETA: Okay, I figured it out guys. I'm sorry for overacting.
GalaxiaMar 10, 2015 6:34 PM

Mar 11, 2015 2:33 AM

Oct 2008
The mom of Onoda and the conversation of Glasses girl Miyahara was really funny because she pin-pointed her feelings to Manami.

Midousuji finally falls. Karma as I might truly say because of this villainous crazy actions.

Imaizumi's road racer frame is already breaking/giving-up at the wrong time and thus Manami might be the one to destroy Imaizumi's heard earned 1st place lead!

Fukutomi's catchphrase: "Ore wa Tsuyoi!" (We are strong!) is really getting tiring/boring.

Outro/omake was crazy kids bike! haha!

Mar 11, 2015 4:08 AM

Dec 2008
Haha finallly Midousukji gets punished by his stamina, he put all those crazy stunts during the event, it was supposed to happen.

Poor Imaizumi with broken bike his chances drove away, hopefully he gives up before injuring himself.
I though Onoda had passed Hakone kilometers ago?! Well, it is more exciting now.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 11, 2015 7:43 AM

Oct 2011
Midoujji loves to look at Imazumi's butt : O

Manami and fuku OMG

Dat OMake XDD
Mar 11, 2015 4:00 PM

Oct 2013
There they are
Mar 12, 2015 1:57 AM

Dec 2008
lol a entire season for The race
Mar 12, 2015 11:16 AM

Oct 2011
Anyone have an idea what that music in the gag is called? I can't seem to find it in the OST
Mar 12, 2015 4:46 PM
Apr 2013
i hate kimousuji with a burning passion
Mar 13, 2015 7:11 AM

Apr 2009
Thank anime gods it's almost over. I for one am not going to watch a possible third season of this maximally drawn out drama. At least Midousuji crashed so I don't have to look at his increasingly grotesque evolutions (at least in the first season he still looked mostly human). I still like the main characters, I just dislike the whole second season being about the Inter High.
Mar 13, 2015 12:31 PM

Jun 2008
matias067 said:
The mom of Onoda and the conversation of Glasses girl Miyahara was really funny because she pin-pointed her feelings to Manami.

Midousuji finally falls. Karma as I might truly say because of this villainous crazy actions.

Imaizumi's road racer frame is already breaking/giving-up at the wrong time and thus Manami might be the one to destroy Imaizumi's heard earned 1st place lead!
I had to look this up because I was wondering about this also. I'm assuming that these bikes are carbon fiber. Of course, I never heard aluminum crack, nor seen it crack in such a way.
The amount of stress Midousuji and Imaizumi shouldn't have caused any kind of fracturing. CF is a tough material. It takes a lot to cause any damage. I've read stories of riders getting into car accidents and all the frame had were some scratches (anything metal was toast). Even mountain bikes made of CF can take a beating.
I'm thinking the only way this was to happen was fault in the manufacturing of the frame. I'd be hard pressed to think that Imaizumi's family had purchased an off-the-rack bike. It looks custom-made.
But then things like this is what makes for a good story.

I love how Onada's mom accidentally found her way to the finish line. She seems very oblivious about Onada does outside of home. She comes across the overprotective parent (putting a "governor" on a granny bike...lol). Wait until she sees him on that bike and probably a hug and kiss (on the cheek) from Miki. She'll flip out.
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?

Mar 14, 2015 4:07 AM

Oct 2008
sbyrstall said:
matias067 said:

I had to look this up because I was wondering about this also. I'm assuming that these bikes are carbon fiber. Of course, I never heard aluminum crack, nor seen it crack in such a way.
The amount of stress Midousuji and Imaizumi shouldn't have caused any kind of fracturing. CF is a tough material. It takes a lot to cause any damage. I've read stories of riders getting into car accidents and all the frame had were some scratches (anything metal was toast). Even mountain bikes made of CF can take a beating.
I'm thinking the only way this was to happen was fault in the manufacturing of the frame. I'd be hard pressed to think that Imaizumi's family had purchased an off-the-rack bike. It looks custom-made.
But then things like this is what makes for a good story.

I love how Onada's mom accidentally found her way to the finish line. She seems very oblivious about Onada does outside of home. She comes across the overprotective parent (putting a "governor" on a granny bike...lol). Wait until she sees him on that bike and probably a hug and kiss (on the cheek) from Miki. She'll flip out.

CNT is a more tougher material in my own opinion...
Carbon Nanotube Technology
CNT's are harder than diamonds.
but i haven't look this up on the net if CNT can be applied on frames...
matias067Mar 14, 2015 4:11 AM

Mar 14, 2015 6:36 AM

Jun 2008
matias067 said:

Looks like they have already. As of 2013, the BMC Time Machine TM01. The prices was set around 8500 pounds/$12,000 US. I don't think any of the riders of this series would get this bike

http://www.azonano.com/article.aspx?ArticleID=1298

Mar 14, 2015 3:21 PM
Nov 2013
babymilo91 said:
To be honest, I'm glad that Midousuji is out of the picture now. But now Hakone is back in race. I thought that Onoda was behind Imaizumi and Midousuji. I guess they passed him.

gross... you are gross
Mar 15, 2015 1:37 AM

Oct 2008
sbyrstall said:
matias067 said:

Looks like they have already. As of 2013, the BMC Time Machine TM01. The prices was set around 8500 pounds/$12,000 US. I don't think any of the riders of this series would get this bike

http://www.azonano.com/article.aspx?ArticleID=1298

Cool!

I've search at google using this keywords: "CNT bike frame"and the 1st thing that shows-up is the "Giant" brand of bikes wherein you could see their technology: "Advanced SL Composite Technology" (http://www.giant-bicycles.com/en-us/technology/composite_technology/55/) and when I search for a bike on their site with that technology "Advanced SL composite" I saw this one: TCR Advanced SL 1 (http://www.giant-bicycles.com/en-us/bikes/model/tcr.advanced.sl.1/18724/76095/)
which cost $6,200.

My question is they are both CNTs but why is that BMC much expensive?

Mar 15, 2015 10:25 AM

Jun 2008
I'm wondering if it has to with the fact the BMC is a tri bike and thus designed differently than a road bike. Also the wheel set alone on the BMC alone is close to $3000 US by themselves. If you looked at the other bikes by Giant, the more aero designed wheel set the cost jumped to over $10K. There is also difference between the SL Composite and straight composite.
Dodecahedron-O24Mar 16, 2015 5:39 AM

Mar 19, 2015 2:28 AM
Jul 2018
vanetz said:
Midousuji = Slenderman, CONFIRMED
Mar 19, 2015 8:39 PM

Apr 2014
omfg.... I'm so done with this anime lmfao

if fukutomi wins >_>
anyone feel free to refresh my memory since I didn't actually watch this season regularly every week, but did fukutomi's character develop very much? the only thing I remember from him is how he changed from the last inter-high after screwing kinjou over. so based on what I remember, i don't think fukutomi deserves to win purely because of how much imaizumi changed in comparison to him. I do think that no first-year should win their first inter-high because losses typically make sports anime characters a lot stronger. But at the same time I don't want fukutomi to win.......... its just too anticlimactic.
same goes for manami. as much as I love him, he hasn't developed at all.

(I haven't read the manga)
LOADMar 19, 2015 8:44 PM
Apr 1, 2015 2:45 PM

Apr 2012
Glad to see Fukutomi is still there after all, he deserves a proper bike death.

I'm going to have to turn to the manga to see if Midousuji ever develops positively, I think he has the potential to do so with help from people like Onoda and Ishigaki.
on my way to steal yo girl
Apr 21, 2015 5:34 AM

Nov 2009
Midousuji is a riot, his "what if this sight? His butt?" after he bit that same butt in the beginning of the ep. Had to pause the video and wait till my laughing fit calms a bit.

And Ishigaki is such a bro, I teared up a little at the flashback of his words to Midousuji

The bgm was great in this ep, too.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Apr 29, 2015 3:10 AM

Nov 2007
what, no one is going to mention the omake? wtf was that weirdness. *lol*

getting excited, and I try to keep from speculating on who will win. :3
Oct 14, 2015 7:55 PM
Jul 2018
That fall of Midousuji and he's so slender. Damn Imaizumi's bike. Guess it's Onoda time again. The omake is so weird, omfg.
May 7, 2016 4:42 AM

Dec 2012
It was really hard to watch Midousuji finally have a meltdown. Once he started pedaling with one leg I couldn't help but root for him to hang in there. But man, Manami definitely gives me the most chills. His obsession with the thrill and sensation of a battle gets me every time.

The scene at the end was gold. HIIME! That end card with the girls in the swimsuits is getting really bizarre though.
Jun 27, 2016 5:49 PM

Feb 2011
Very predictable
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal: Grande Road Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2015

102 by Krravena12544 »»
Oct 24, 2023 1:12 AM

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal: Grande Road Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2015

54 by Dripz2012 »»
Feb 1, 2023 6:29 PM

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal: Grande Road Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 23, 2015

55 by Dripz2012 »»
Feb 1, 2023 6:09 PM

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal: Grande Road Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2014

61 by Dripz2012 »»
Jan 27, 2023 7:17 PM

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal: Grande Road Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 13, 2014

63 by Dripz2012 »»
Jan 20, 2023 8:10 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.