Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Yowamushi Pedal
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Mar 30, 2015 10:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
As expected, Sakamachi takes the grand victory of this. Nice. The kid deserved it after all his work although I think Manami put up a brilliant effort as well. Good to see that they've won. Grats!

Overall, a good season although some of the flashbacks imo dragged a bit much. Manga continues from here so curious to see when they will do another season in the future. There's still movie though.
Mar 30, 2015 11:19 AM

Apr 2014
flashbacks flashbacks everywhere. Little summary of this whole season.

also onoda buying spider keychains for Maki-chan.

8/10.
kirisakitrashMar 30, 2015 12:41 PM
Mar 30, 2015 11:33 AM

Jul 2010
Many touching scenes with Sohouku winning. The amount of bliss was really amazing!

The relationship with the third-years were really great though, seeing the team standing there as winners.

That trip to Akihabara lol. Great comedy scenes with the third-years being awkward and Tadokoro finding out what he sang.

A really enjoyable sports anime, the amount of good sports anime that I've recently seen are all great!
Mar 30, 2015 11:41 AM

Sep 2007
meh, a nice finish but to get there it hasn't exactly all been without pain. 7/10 at best for me. A whole season on a single race was frankly also too much.
Too bad because I liked the first season even if it dragged excessively at times.
Mar 30, 2015 11:44 AM

Dec 2012
I really enjoyed it. Though I was expecting to see Onoda return the water bottle he got from Manami.

Hoping for another season.
Mar 30, 2015 11:58 AM

Apr 2014
Mizeteo said:
I was expecting to see Onoda return the water bottle he got from Manami.

only true 90s kids will remember this
Mar 30, 2015 12:02 PM

Jul 2011
Nope, I knew this was gonna happen but I'm still so angry.
Mar 30, 2015 12:20 PM
Nov 2013
I'm moderately annoyed that Onoda won instead of a 3rd year, but overall I'm thrilled that Sohoku won it all.

It was great to see Onoda's dream become a reality, regardless of how painfully awkward it must have been for the 3rd years. I love Tadokoro's disgust that he knows the lyrics to the song.
BTAGMar 30, 2015 12:32 PM
Mar 30, 2015 12:24 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
♫ Hime Hime ♪ prevails! Great to see him won! Kinda felt bad for Manami though, since he put in just as much efforts..

For a moment, I thought Onoda was actually intending to ride a new course for practice. Then I remembered he's an Otaku.
Akiba visit was hilarious, especially when Tadokoro sang ♫ Hime Hime ♪ along with Onoda. XD

Great finale. 8/10. S3 when? Looking forward to the upcoming movie though.

Mar 30, 2015 12:35 PM

May 2013
Onoda did it!! They won!!

They guys going to Akihabara lol. I hope we get more of this.
Mar 30, 2015 12:43 PM

Nov 2007
Beautiful...just beautiful:')

I am exactly just like those spectators...i don't have fave team so i didn't particularly care who wins, i would be ok both ways. But happy Teshima=happy me,so yeah,i am glad it was Sohoku.

I will really miss this...i was able look forward to Monday thanks to Yowapeda. Now it's going back to meh Monday.

There is still a lot of Yowapeda material to animate...so PLEASE DO.
Mar 30, 2015 12:47 PM

Apr 2014
Vindstot said:
S3 when?

If they ever make another season I hope they get Ashikiba to fit on the screen.
Mar 30, 2015 1:01 PM

Dec 2013
That was amazing. I'm so glad Sohoku won.
9/10.

Onoda's character developed so well throughout the series too.

"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
-Oreki Houtarou
Mar 30, 2015 1:09 PM

Aug 2010
THE HYPE during the beginning of the ep was so friggin off the charts >.<!!! I died from the tension lol THE INTENSITY was insane! And the OST didn't help DAMN!

Onoda winning was so awesome. I was grinning like an idiot from the moment he won til the end of the episode XD

Imaizumi carrying Onoda was cute lol Kinjou crying was hilarious and so was Onoda's interview XD

Manami's serious faces were quite a sight to see ^^ He's gonna be dangerous as hell nxt time.

I died laughing at Onoda taking the team to Akiba XD and the senpai's reactions being so tense was so lol esp Kinjou and Tadakoro realizing what he was actually singing and starting to sing along without realizing XD

I really wonder where this will go now that Onoda won the biggest tourney already? He hasn't even participated in minor tournaments before lol. Just thinking about it this was his first ever. Hope we can go to the world stage.

Anyway definitely reading the manga now :3
Mar 30, 2015 1:09 PM

Jun 2008
Great finale. I was smiling and tearing the whole episode.
Mar 30, 2015 1:14 PM

Apr 2013
good season and ending 8/10 for me same as season 1, would be higher if it wasn't for onoda reverting back to his old self many times during the season and panicking instead of keeping his cool.
Mar 30, 2015 1:20 PM

Jul 2013
ONODA MA BOI

LOLOLOL Tadakoro knowing the Hime song XD

Manami's going to be one hell of a dangerous opponent next time round, that's for sure.

Hmm.. felt long-winded at certain points throughout the anime so I'll give it a 8/10
Mar 30, 2015 1:41 PM

Feb 2014
I was hoping to see the reaction of Onoda's mom when Onoda won, but oh well.

> "Character? What does that mean?"

Lol, loved the way they ended the series with the team going to fully see what Onoda enjoys.

Can't wait for the movie!

"Later on, you will become a lively person causing headaches as the shrine-god."
Mar 30, 2015 1:44 PM
Apr 2010
What's the OST at the end of episode 23/beginning of 24? Is it a not yet relased track? Because it's EPIC! I'm really glad, that Onoda won^^
Mar 30, 2015 2:06 PM

Sep 2008
I don't remember when I cried so much during watching Yowamushi Pedal.
But all these tears were because I'm so happy!
Onoda-kun is precious little angel!

Really this was amazing final!
Totally love it!

At that ending!
I was pretty sure he will go to Akihabara! xD
This was so funny and cute!

I want more! *.*
There will be more, right? :)
Mar 30, 2015 2:26 PM

Jul 2009
lol at imaizumi picking up onada like a baby. i dont think that's physically impossible xD
Mar 30, 2015 2:34 PM

Oct 2012
Great finale, they animated the whole Inter-High arc (vol.27 chap.233), Onoda went crazy and won the thing :).
The mom disappeared after winning and the same goes with the bottle (even in the manga at this point lol).
Being generous I rated this 7/10, this anime had too many flashbacks, several episodes were so boring I had to stop them every two minutes.
I'm learning English so maybe I make mistakes :)
Mar 30, 2015 2:35 PM
Mar 2009
It was a good episode, great finish. Would have liked to see Onoda's mom there at the champion presentation and how about Onoda being on the podium as the overall winner?

The Akiba trip was hilarious, mostly b/c of the hime song. Good series, too long for one race. Simply knowing that 500km would take about 2 minutes on a bike with how fast they were going yet took 2 episodes kinda bugs me but w/e. 8/10 total, mostly because of the thrilling finish.
Mar 30, 2015 2:52 PM
Sep 2011
I hope they will continue adapting the series.
I need more Arakita.
Mar 30, 2015 2:52 PM

Jul 2010
Objectively speaking this should be a 8/10 - 9/10 but fuck it, I'm gonna rate it 10/10 because I loved every bit of it, the flashbacks and the tease is something all sport anime have, and I don't really think it's all that bad honestly.

Anyway, hilarious ending, I had a giant silly smile upon my face all the time and almost teared up.

The bond between the characters and the rivalry were the best things of the show.
(though I wanted to see Midousuji's reaction and meeting to winner Onoda)
Mar 30, 2015 3:17 PM

Apr 2014
I feel like one of those people who got mad about karasuno losing the inter-high and rated the series low lmfao.
Unpleasant feelings about Onoda winning, frankly, but it was a decent end to a season. I would've preferred one whole episode after the inter-high dedicated to the third-years leaving and emotions and stuff but this was alright. Some good moments this ep, when Manami actually cared about losing for the team, and when Onoda thanked the third-years. I was hoping to see Imaizumi & Naruko do the same.
Yowapedal is a good series, but it's not the kind of sports anime I'm looking for.
7/10
Mar 30, 2015 3:18 PM

Nov 2008
Don't like Onoda. He's a lame. Would've preferred a 3rd year to win instead of pansy boy.

This season was such a slog to get through. 40+ episodes on a single competition?! Whatever bro. Overdrive had the same problem, but at least it had half the episodes this did.

Overall, fuck this season. And I'm still butthurt my boy Midousuji went out like a bitch.

Ohwell 5/10
Mar 30, 2015 3:24 PM
Nov 2014
The trope in sports anime is that the MC's team loses its first big competition, so I'm fucking glad that YowaPeda broke that mold.

I love this show, and I loved this ending. 9/10

S3 when?

Hakone now has a lot of motivation, so wouldn't it be amazing if Sohoku laid back for the next Inter High because of hubris, for Hakone to snatch a win, and then Onoda, Naruko, and Imaizumi coming back as third years to win their last Inter High? I mean, we know they'll win their last Inter High, but that's it goes for all sports manga/anime, what's interesting is the journey in these cases.
Mar 30, 2015 3:32 PM

Mar 2013
Dax said:
meh, a nice finish but to get there it hasn't exactly all been without pain. 7/10 at best for me. A whole season on a single race was frankly also too much.
Too bad because I liked the first season even if it dragged excessively at times.

+1
Mar 30, 2015 3:49 PM

Oct 2014
Well, that was certainly a fun experience. It certainly took forever to complete this race (I'd honestly put this on the lines of Dragon Ball Z excluding Kai). But it was fun to watch nonetheless. Onoda won as expected.

I don't think that the victory itself felt very amazing sense we all pretty much knew that was going to happen, but I think what made this episode so great was the aftermath. Seeing all of the characters bond and grow was great. I especially loved the trip to Akiba. Those poor third years. XD

The end card was also pretty great. Sad to see this go, but I know that this won't be the last that we see of Onoda. Overall, this was a great series.
Mar 30, 2015 3:56 PM

Oct 2013
Man this was a great finish. Of course Onoda would choose Akiba. I wonder if there's potential for a second season. I guess so?
Mar 30, 2015 4:03 PM

Apr 2012
Cried happy tears when Onoda crossed the finish line.
I kinda expected it to be Manami...and omg Akiba!

Kinjou: You can go to any place.
Me: AKIBA
Onoda: There's this place '...'
Onoda: I've wanted to go with the team
And it's AKIBA :'D! And the Hime song!

In the end I gave it a 10 out of 10, I actually really loved the flashbacks, character development and I really enjoyed this series so much!
Hopefully we'll get a S3 ;w; !

Oct 2014
People saying that it was expected that Onoda will win.

Having never read the manga I came in thinking that Onoda will lose and that everyone will not be mad at him for giving it his best (especially for his first official race).

Cant wait for a Season 3 as my Tuesdays (Aus time) will be quiet without it.
Considering they are already deep into the 2nd Interhigh and have a lot of races in between they should have enough material to start a season as soon as the movie is released (coming summer 2015).

well Daiya Season 2 and Baby Steps 2 is gonna have to suffice for now before Haikyuu and Yowapeda comes back
kisip123Jun 12, 2015 3:52 PM

Jul 2012
i was hoping that manami would win because of the shifting gear that was so cool. but still glad sohoku won..
Cty Best mid
Mar 30, 2015 4:38 PM

Oct 2013
THAT WAS THE LONGEST DRAWN OUT WIN I'VE EVER SEEN

I was glad to see Onoda was still the same after he won though. I kind of hoped we could have seen his mom's reaction.

I still wish this entire show (season 1 and grande road) had been 40-45 episodes max though
Mar 30, 2015 4:46 PM

Apr 2014
Man, as much as I loved this end (10/10 end on its own merits), I was spoiled enough a few months ago on a certain scene to be real confused about its exclusion.

Mar 30, 2015 5:02 PM

Oct 2013
I really liked the 1st season cuz the action, comedy, and pace in general was well balanced. That can be tough to do when there's a large cast of characters to introduce but it was done well.

How could they ruin it so fast?? There were way too many flashbacks and everything was waaaay too slow. I would compare the pacing of Inter-high to DBZ's pacing. They should've finished day 2 of interhigh in the 1st season, and then completed day 3 in grande road without any pacing issues.

The last episode was great though! It almost makes up for the agony of waiting for the winning moment but that's probably because I was so desperate for a conclusion....
Mar 30, 2015 5:31 PM

Jan 2014
Barion-Zara said:
THE HYPE during the beginning of the ep was so friggin off the charts &gt;.&lt;!!! I died from the tension lol THE INTENSITY was insane! And the OST didn't help DAMN!

Onoda winning was so awesome. I was grinning like an idiot from the moment he won til the end of the episode XD

Imaizumi carrying Onoda was cute lol Kinjou crying was hilarious and so was Onoda's interview XD

Manami's serious faces were quite a sight to see ^^ He's gonna be dangerous as hell nxt time.

I died laughing at Onoda taking the team to Akiba XD and the senpai's reactions being so tense was so lol esp Kinjou and Tadakoro realizing what he was actually singing and starting to sing along without realizing XD

I really wonder where this will go now that Onoda won the biggest tourney already? He hasn't even participated in minor tournaments before lol. Just thinking about it this was his first ever. Hope we can go to the world stage.

Anyway definitely reading the manga now :3

This describes my feelings perfectly, especially the grinning from start to finish
Watch Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha, you wont be disappointed. http://q.pokefarm.org/user/Uran10
Check out My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEz0PrV3Vh-ksW0mzOWnnSQ

Mar 30, 2015 5:32 PM

Sep 2013
great episode!! ONODA GAVE THEM THOSE GIFTS FAVE SCENE EVER

Mar 30, 2015 5:56 PM

Dec 2008
The only part I liked was the Akiba scene. Why not show Onoda's mother? :(
And the whole season for one race...
6/10
Mar 30, 2015 6:37 PM

Jan 2013
Great ending. 8/10
The only thing is I wish there were more than 4 teams that were developed. And really only 3 that were in the running for 1st.
Really want it to continue next year, but no way the next interhigh can take as long as this one.
Mar 30, 2015 6:38 PM

Mar 2012
Mizeteo said:
I really enjoyed it. Though I was expecting to see Onoda return the water bottle he got from Manami. .

Totally forgot about that. Loved Onoda taking the team into Akiba.

This was a fun ride, pun intended.
Mar 30, 2015 6:44 PM

Jan 2011

Aw, we never got the other end card unobscured.
Mar 30, 2015 6:46 PM

Mar 2009
Why was the Interhigh SO. DAMN. LONG. The entire season was the Interhigh.

I still liked this season overall, and yay for Onoda, but man it was a drag at times.
Mar 30, 2015 6:47 PM

Dec 2009
Loved every bit of this show. I am going to miss this show so much. Easy 9/10.

I am curious though, is the manga ahead of where the anime ended of at?
Mar 30, 2015 6:52 PM

Feb 2010
Really really enjoyed it ;w;
Tho i agree some flashbacks previously seem to drag out the the intensity of the race...
However I love how they never forgot Onoda was jst this huge otaku :')
I wouldve expected Onoda to meet his mum after the race tho, I thought that was the whole reason she accidentally caught the bus to the peak so i felt that it was kinda a waste...

But overall an 8/10.
Mar 30, 2015 7:03 PM

Oct 2013
If only they tone down the gayness-think to a minimum
"Burn the heretics"
Mar 30, 2015 8:36 PM

Aug 2012
lol they kept hinting at Manami with the angle they were showing the wheels, but it had to be Onoda. Manami blew his last spurt leg strength gambling on the tenth gear, should have known Onoda would match that spurt with his cadence and pure balls of steel, and still have a enough left in his legs to just pass him at the end.

Loved the bits of development for the underclassmen, and the strength shown by the likes of Fukutomi and my dude Arakita. Only real disappointment remains to be Makishima. He easily played the smallest part in Interhigh, being outshone by nearly every Hakone team member. The worst part was losing to Toudou again for third, and even letting Fukutomi pass him at the end. No love for the guy that should have owned this stage of the race.

Ahh man I don't want this to be over. The world needs more cycling anime. Will wait a while before picking up the manga I guess.
Mar 31, 2015 1:01 AM

Aug 2014
I'm really disappointed about Onoda winning, he shouldn't have even been there let alone been a contender, but of course the main character has to win out because of some bullshit or another. Sohoku winning is fine but I would have preferred it if Imaizumi or Kinjou took the win.
Mar 31, 2015 1:58 AM

Nov 2014
Majuicezumi said:
Mizeteo said:
I was expecting to see Onoda return the water bottle he got from Manami.

only true 90s kids will remember this

this will happen in third season...if there's one.
Can't wait to see the reactions onoda gets when he return to school
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal: Grande Road Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2015

54 by Dripz2012 »»
Feb 1, 2023 6:29 PM

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal: Grande Road Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 23, 2015

55 by Dripz2012 »»
Feb 1, 2023 6:09 PM

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal: Grande Road Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2014

61 by Dripz2012 »»
Jan 27, 2023 7:17 PM

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal: Grande Road Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 13, 2014

63 by Dripz2012 »»
Jan 20, 2023 8:10 PM

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal: Grande Road Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 6, 2014

74 by Shroombait »»
Dec 7, 2022 8:37 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.