Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Apr 23, 2015 9:52 PM

Jun 2013
Yona is a BEAST!
Apr 29, 2015 6:54 PM

Nov 2011
Gotta love the eyes in this anime. They're gorgeous. I think this is the first time I've liked the "fire eyes".

Yona has matured quite a bit, and Yun did excellent as well. That part at the end was a bit of a stretch, but I can live with it.

Very nice episode.
Jun 5, 2015 7:56 AM

Apr 2011
This episode was breathtaking for me.

I was so worried about Yun. He's my favorite character in the series after all

Jun 25, 2015 3:09 PM

Aug 2010
The interaction between the dragons and Hak awww~

Yona's eyes in this episode were especially intense, love them!!

Jul 16, 2015 4:09 PM

Oct 2012
It was good episode with Yona taking initiative, being strong and everything but I would certainly do without some of those joke scenes.

And talking of fireworks... judging how close the ships were to each other, it wouldn't help them much as it really only depends on angle of holding where the firework ends.
Oct 18, 2015 9:10 PM

Jul 2013
Nice episode. My breath stand still for a second when I saw Yonas eyes, reminds me one the eyes in Bleach. Kumji was also scared for a second, extremely nice expression.

Yona and Yun getting stronger and stronger and they could encourage the woman to fight.

The conversation between Hak and the dragons was funny. :D

The fight has begun and of course at a really exciting point the episode must end >.<

Oct 25, 2015 4:47 AM

Feb 2010
Monad said:
I agree with people saying that her flaring stare seem more and more like a dragon power than just her being feisty. Is that like the power of a ruler, the power to command that intimates people when looked with anger or something like that?

I think it was shown enough at this point, that Yona does have some powers to do with her stare being felt by her enemies. We just don't get it confirmed yet. I was starting to think she has them when those instances were repeating with various people, when in the mountains you can say that the guy was weak-willed to get scared by scary Yona, but Kumji is not a weakling, still a girl makes him flip out, so he forgets what he was going to do with her.
Hell is empty and all the devils are here.
Jan 6, 2016 1:48 AM

Jun 2011
GlacialFroszeN said:
I have to admit it, the series has slid down from one of my favourite to something ordinary and plain.

No offense.
It starts getting boring with all Yona's fiery death glare which shows up too often. One is epic, two maybe, but more than three is mehhh. It's like the only things she has with her are her stare and her exotic red hair.

I expect more from Kumji's character, but he seems like a flat plain rogue out of children's literatures. Or perhaps, it's the after-effect of watching too much Game of Thrones. I even compare Akatsuki no Yona with Juuni Kokki.

Two series are relatively alike on some terms. However, I find Juuni Kokki's main villain before the final arc to be more human like with more characteristics.

Yona escaped with a bow. She threatened Kumji's lackeys with a close shot and they taunted her for it.
I was expecting to see her shoot at one of their hands to state that she was no joke. But LOL no, with her death glare, they all panicked. Thanks! And even let her slip through the crowd, reached Yun's sash and lit the firework.

I'm so disappointed so far.
I agree with most of what you said. They did overuse the "intense glare", which is fine if it didn't so often affect the outcome of the situation, and pave a way out for Yona and her companion. Not only that, Yona's characterization is somewhat inconsistent because of that. The plot / story / moment required Yona to be fierce, but when it doesn't, she's shaking and all that. What was she suppose to feel then? Fear? Anger? Brave? Sympathetic? Or what? It's not just this episode, but the entire "pirate arc", Yona has been characterized accordingly to fit what Green Dragon supposedly believe in, which sucks because Yona, a lot of time, didn't feel like herself at all in this arc, but rather someone who's supposed to sway Green Dragon's heart.

Although I did cheer when Yona lit off the firework, that moment was just ridiculous.
ToG25thBaamJan 6, 2016 1:53 AM
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Feb 2, 2016 1:59 PM

Aug 2014
yona and yun shined this episode.

and ofc kumji is the worst of scum.
May 18, 2016 6:25 AM

Jun 2013
I was amazed by the bravery of Yona and Yun.

Yona's intimidating skills. That glare... What a badass look! I love her character development.
Jun 5, 2016 7:28 PM

Jan 2010
I haven't had a chance to say this, but I like this anime. I'm really, really looking forward to each episode, which is a feeling I haven't felt in a while. It's amazingly fun, it's stylized through its setting, it manages both its comedic and dramatic moments quite well, and I really enjoy the characters. They're simple and easy to understand upon first impressions, but each have their own little moments of insight that make them interesting to have around.
Aug 22, 2016 5:03 PM

Jul 2014
Gotta love how everyone gets terrified of her eyes.
Nov 29, 2016 6:27 PM

May 2015
Burinig eyes of Yona is awesome.

Also ship guards are so dense. :D
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Dec 28, 2016 6:33 AM

Sep 2013
Wait. Wait. So the enemies just stand back cause of her eyes? And then she runs in the middle of like 5 pirates, grab something from the clothes of her buddy and then run backs to the direction she was and lights the thing? Yep, totally not bullshit.

Amazing how people think this show is actually good. "Her eyes". No, just no. Everything is so convenient it's funny.
May 23, 2017 1:52 PM

May 2015
When it zoomed in to Yona's eyes and you could see that fire... Chills ran down my spine.
Jun 1, 2017 1:22 AM

Sep 2011
Man what a thrilling episode.
Jul 12, 2017 3:38 AM

Jun 2009
Actually, considering the rumors about the Blue Dragon's eyes petrifying people is it that much of a stretch that Yona may actually have something like that ability? Hell, she may very well possess all of the dragon's abilities by the end.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Aug 23, 2017 12:27 AM

May 2013
Yay! Mission accomplished. Now just don't die and it'll be okay lolol
Sep 20, 2017 2:19 AM

Jul 2016
Wintovisky said:
Wait. Wait. So the enemies just stand back cause of her eyes? And then she runs in the middle of like 5 pirates, grab something from the clothes of her buddy and then run backs to the direction she was and lights the thing? Yep, totally not bullshit.

Amazing how people think this show is actually good. "Her eyes". No, just no. Everything is so convenient it's funny.

I agree, this show started with such promise as well. Is really lacking of late in both storyline and pacing.
Oct 15, 2017 5:05 AM

Sep 2012
it is starting to feel like this anime ends with a cliffhanger cause no way she gets all that SH done with 3ep left she wont be getting back to her home yet, so they better make S2

this anime should be like around 50ep & even then there is room for S2
Apr 2, 2018 10:09 AM

Nov 2016
Yonas glare is truly a weapon,hope shit will go down next episode.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 2, 2018 9:05 PM

Mar 2016
Yona and Yun have come a long way since they were first introduced. Yona has become a brave and determined warrior who doesn't give up easily despite the pain she experiences and Yun has become a trustworthy ally who have various knowledge. What Yun did to protect Yona is absolutely admirable!

That bastard, Kumji should know that he fucked up the moment his eyes caught Yona's fiery glare. If the pirates are true to their word; "Take Kumji's head as the prize!" then I will really love to see that.
Nov 25, 2018 10:58 AM
Aug 2018
Yona's eyes are so cool looking. Yona was super brave even though she was hurt this episode. Use that bow girl.

Yun was also really great this episode. He was actually really smart this episode. I commend him for trying to save Yona from Kumji.
Apr 9, 2020 6:48 AM

Feb 2020
That was such a good episode ! I love Yona's character development as always, but Yeon's is great too ! I really got scared for him in that ep. I knew that given the show's tone, the risks of him getting killed were low, but still.
And why am I smiling like an idiot anytime Shin-Ah talks ?! I think I just care way too much about him finally getting the respect he deserves.
However, I still had slight issues with this episode, especially regarding the way it was resolved. It seemed way too easy at the end, like how Yona just ended up falling right next to a bow...
And all this really makes me wonder how the last episodes will play out. There are so many things left, there's no way they'll be resolved in just 3 eps...
FafetteApr 9, 2020 6:59 AM
Aug 14, 2020 12:37 PM
Oct 2019
That was awful. So many things that make no sense.

First of all, going back to the prior episode. Having a trap door that drops your valuable cargo down into a hard floor for a hard landing makes no sense. All those women would have injuries, some night even be severe.

I thought the whole point of sneaking Yona and Yun onto the ship was so that they could send a flare up for the pirates to see. That way the pirates wouldn't attack the wrong ship and injure the hostages. But the pirates started attacking before the flare went up...?!

Yun, Yuri, and Yona getting caught was a tense scene. But Yona managing to get past 7-ish men on the deck and lighting off the firework without getting touched was bullshit. Impossible.

And then Blue Dragon see the flare, but *EVERYBODY* could see it because it was so close. They are horribly misusing his character, rendering him nearly useless.
Sep 15, 2020 2:07 AM

Jul 2014
HagePotPotato said:
That was awful. So many things that make no sense.

First of all, going back to the prior episode. Having a trap door that drops your valuable cargo down into a hard floor for a hard landing makes no sense. All those women would have injuries, some night even be severe.

I thought the whole point of sneaking Yona and Yun onto the ship was so that they could send a flare up for the pirates to see. That way the pirates wouldn't attack the wrong ship and injure the hostages. But the pirates started attacking before the flare went up...?!

Yun, Yuri, and Yona getting caught was a tense scene. But Yona managing to get past 7-ish men on the deck and lighting off the firework without getting touched was bullshit. Impossible.

And then Blue Dragon see the flare, but *EVERYBODY* could see it because it was so close. They are horribly misusing his character, rendering him nearly useless.

I agree with everything you said. Especially the ending where Yona runs to Yun, gets the firework then runs back to light it. There were a bunch of guys on the side and they just stood there and did nothing? That part felt rushed and was handled very poorly.
Oct 17, 2020 12:34 PM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
Yoon is awesome but poor thing what he had to take from the shitty guys. I hope help arrives soon

Jul 15, 2021 1:05 PM

Aug 2018
Damn I was pretty scared for Yun, that was really close.

Feb 20, 2022 9:56 AM
Nov 2020
Great episode but uh, why did those guys just let Yona run back and forth right in front of them? She dropped her bow too so there’s no weapons.. oh well lol
Dec 20, 2022 4:12 PM

Apr 2017
eternaltorture said:
Yuri's hot. Wish she was one of the main girls alongside Yona and Yun :3

Anime like this can never have other female characters. You might dim the light of the MC, the true brightest star that will get her light dimmed if another female plays a semi prominent role.
Sep 22, 2023 8:58 PM

Apr 2016
Yeah the plan was a bit stupid from the start but didn't know Yona had some sort of hidden powers, from "death stare" to "time stopping" but how convenient that she didn't use those before, uh.
That guy was very kind to let Yun ponder about their situation, he could have knocked out Yuri and Yona right there but nope, he let Yun think how to get away from this situation until the other guy regained consciousness, very kind of his part xD
Nov 4, 2023 8:59 PM

Dec 2022
He looked into the furious eyes of the red dragon and crapped his trousers, seems fair tbh.
Feb 9, 12:09 PM

Jul 2008
Yona should have shot a few of those guards....but the signal is lit.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2015

374 by perseii »»
Apr 8, 10:45 PM

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2014

138 by Seraschi »»
Apr 6, 1:42 PM

Poll: » should i keep watching????

Tamar5858 - Jul 31, 2022

20 by BiobulletM »»
Apr 3, 2:21 PM

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Feb 17, 2015

146 by nyaasar »»
Mar 21, 1:00 PM

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2015

148 by WolfWood37 »»
Feb 9, 1:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.