Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Mar 3, 2015 6:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I gotta admire Yona's bravery this episode...same with Yun.

Being there in that type of situation along with the other women is something that is hard to endure. I like that fierceness in her eyes though as it shows how fearless she is. Action was alright this episode but those bastards attacking Yun was a pretty low point.

Good pacing for this operation. I can't wait to see what's next. Also about time Yona started using her bow. That training is paying off.
Mar 3, 2015 6:24 AM

Nov 2007
Her leg is hurt. Then the leader is interested in the princess for having red hair. Bishounen guy trying to protect her but got hurt. Her stare and her clever answer to his question if she's the princess!! The girls are nervous when hearing about they are going to be sold. The princess really grew up even though she still gets scared.

The dragons are worried, even Rokuryuu is.

The long hair girl, who stayed longest, is helping them out with their plan when seeing the princess still walking with hurting ankle. They are in pinch, though. Archery is being useful, and firework is up.

Three more eps. Oh, and vol.1 release date has been announced.
tsubasaloverMar 3, 2015 6:51 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 3, 2015 8:35 AM

Jul 2010
Kumji matches his reputation, seeing him in person and seeing how he acts.

Yun somehow too into his role. Yona's eyes being able to intimidate Kumji like that and smoothly come up with a way to get rid of any suspicion.

Despite spraining her leg and trembling like that, Yona is did a wonderful job to launch the firework. Yun's bluffing and the moment where Yona went to grab the firework was quite the tense moment.

"The night history is made" is quite the wonderful title for the next episode. The time it takes for help to come :O
Mar 3, 2015 8:37 AM

Aug 2010
F***!!! Dat Cliffhanger!! Nxt ep is gonna be absolutely epic!!!

DAT YONA GLARE WAS FRIGGIN BA AS HELL!!! She made Kumji piss his pants and then made the soldiers freeze in their places from fear! Too much BAness >.<!!

Sin-ha exposing Jaeha not sleeping was lol...Even causing him to get "defiled" XD
And the dragons + Hak kicking ass was awesome to see. They should kick even more ass next week :3

Yun was amazing too. Props to him ^^
Mar 3, 2015 8:48 AM

Jan 2013
That episode was amazing! I really love Yona's face expression when she gets serious. It's simply awesome!

The next episode's gonna be bad-ass!

Mar 3, 2015 9:04 AM

May 2013
Yun taking one for the team. They managed to get that firework going. Now it's time to rescue them.
Mar 3, 2015 9:20 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Pierrot's consistent slow pacing is off the chart. Really, really good.
Mar 3, 2015 9:41 AM

Apr 2008
That moment when the ED rolled..... (╯°Д°)╯︵ /(.□ . )

Yun was really amazing, and go Yona!!!! I really loved the animation of the action too!
Mar 3, 2015 9:56 AM

Jun 2011
I love Yoon. Really.
Mar 3, 2015 10:14 AM

Dec 2014
Dat cliffhanger omg why WHY?! This episode was so good but dat moment when it ended omg! Amazing as always!
Mar 3, 2015 10:14 AM

Feb 2009
I have to admit it, the series has slid down from one of my favourite to something ordinary and plain.

No offense.
It starts getting boring with all Yona's fiery death glare which shows up too often. One is epic, two maybe, but more than three is mehhh. It's like the only things she has with her are her stare and her exotic red hair.

I expect more from Kumji's character, but he seems like a flat plain rogue out of children's literatures. Or perhaps, it's the after-effect of watching too much Game of Thrones. I even compare Akatsuki no Yona with Juuni Kokki.

Two series are relatively alike on some terms. However, I find Juuni Kokki's main villain before the final arc to be more human like with more characteristics.

Yona escaped with a bow. She threatened Kumji's lackeys with a close shot and they taunted her for it.
I was expecting to see her shoot at one of their hands to state that she was no joke. But LOL no, with her death glare, they all panicked. Thanks! And even let her slip through the crowd, reached Yun's sash and lit the firework.

I'm so disappointed so far.
Mar 3, 2015 10:30 AM

Feb 2012
Damn what a way to end the episdode, that one guy was just standing and letting her walk to Yun and back lol.

I'm guessing by the title next week will conclude this arc.
Mar 3, 2015 10:47 AM

Aug 2010

Tell me she isn't awesome :P
Mar 3, 2015 11:15 AM

Feb 2009
I think the stare is amazing and signature. I mean, no one complains when Ruroni Kenshin does it, which was like, every episode. Sinha in action was the best parts to me, he's my favorite dragon!

Mar 3, 2015 11:25 AM

Nov 2012
One of the best main girls around with one of the best developement, nice too see a girl with balls.
Mar 3, 2015 11:45 AM

Jul 2013
Is anyone going to talk about the fact that she dropped her bow and arrow, then ran to yun, and ran all the way back, all while no one caught her? She would have been within arm's reach getting the firework.

This episode could have gone a million ways; I wish they chose another route.
Mar 3, 2015 11:49 AM
Jul 2018
Yona's glare is so badass, her glare made the soldiers freeze their places from fear.
Mar 3, 2015 11:56 AM

Jul 2013
Yun grew up so much since the last time he was with Iksu. I'm glad other girls are willing to help and that Yona is finally going to use her bow (like in the opening)
Noir… It is the name of an ancient fate. Two sisters who watch anime. The peace of the newly born, their black hands protect.
Mar 3, 2015 12:23 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Those guards towards the end were the most slow moving lot I've seen in anime.

Any news on a second season? Are the sales any good?
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Mar 3, 2015 12:49 PM

Mar 2012
Seriously... Is this really ending in just four episodes? ...
Mar 3, 2015 1:00 PM

Oct 2014
DAMN CLIFFHANGER!!!!!
Mar 3, 2015 1:13 PM

Aug 2013
That lord dude is a cunt bag. No, that's an insult to cunts. I hope Yona is the one to put an arrow through his throat.

I don't understand why the old lady don't want to kill the enemies. They are mercenaries, they offer their life in exchange of money. They know there is a high risk of dying and probably plan to flee if things turn shitty. If I was the old lady, I would particuliarly kill the mercenaries and let them go when they fuck off.

Yeon was really funny. Maybe that lord is into trap..? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Mar 3, 2015 1:17 PM

Nov 2013
sparkls said:
Is anyone going to talk about the fact that she dropped her bow and arrow, then ran to yun, and ran all the way back, all while no one caught her? She would have been within arm's reach getting the firework.

Ahah i was thinking the same :p

Great episode, Yona has a really badass glare! I can't wait for the next episode.
And this anime NEEDS a second season!

Mar 3, 2015 1:22 PM

Mar 2014
good episode nice pacing curious to how they are going to end this with only 3 episodes left is that even enough to get the final dragon?
Mar 3, 2015 1:26 PM

Mar 2009
If this doesn't get a 2nd season, I'm going to be very upset.
Mar 3, 2015 1:40 PM
Mar 2013
<3 YESSS, CANT WAIT FOR THE BOW PART. I CANNOT WAIT. YONA IS SLAYING <3
Yona is so cute and to those saying Yona's -fierce stare- is annoying, doesn't it correlate with her being King Hiryuu's descendant/reincarnation? Maybe Yona doesn't just affect her dragon bodyguard people. Maybe she affects the people of Kouka without any of them knowing of it. When put in that perspective, it isn't so annoying anymore. At least for me, aha.
Mar 3, 2015 1:44 PM
Aug 2013
OMFG , BEST EPISODE SO FAR!!!!
Everything was just perfect!!! Her eyes , HER EYES , her determination , her bravery , yun's look when he knows he's gonna die . And best scene when she takes the damn arc and runs to save him!!!
And the new instrumental insert is just amazing.

Fkn best shoujo and music . I just cant handle the epicness X'D
Mar 3, 2015 2:03 PM

Jun 2014
GlacialFroszeN said:
I have to admit it, the series has slid down from one of my favourite to something ordinary and plain.

You are quite literally the only person who thinks this though.

That stare she gave to Kumiji though. Holy shit I want that as my wallpaper.
Though he running through all the officials AND back was a little much.
But that firework was kinda far away from the pirates. I wonder if theres going to be a delay in them getting back up?

Oh man i love this show. Its so damn good and really well paced.
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Mar 3, 2015 2:08 PM

Jun 2014
First off, can I begin with THANK YOU STUDIO PIERROT FOR NOT RUSHING THIS ANIME. I'm enjoying every episode this is awesome.

Okay, so Yona's glare at Yan Kumji was epic. It was so intense, I was amazed the artists could pull that off. As for Yun, he's one of my favorite characters, he's become really selfless and he's so clever. And the dragons and Hak are so BA.

Can't wait for next week!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 3, 2015 2:09 PM

Oct 2013
These eyes be like I'll F*@k you up good xD
Grhhhhh....................god damn cliffhanger D:

Mar 3, 2015 2:13 PM

Apr 2009
she's been holding that fucking bow in the op for the entire series and now three episodes from the end is the first time she ever points it at somebody. and she doesn't even shoot anyone. man.
Feeling down? You may already be a charge target.
Mar 3, 2015 2:25 PM

Jun 2008
I'm starting to think that Yona's glare is actually a superpower like the ones each dragon has, kind of a Khajiit's Eye of Fear, lol. It's the only possible explanation to her running forth and back to get the gunpowder and no one stopping her.

Episode was nice anyway.
Mar 3, 2015 3:15 PM

Sep 2013
I have nothing to say except HOLY FUCKING HELL WHAT THE FLOWER?! THAT GLARE WAS SAVAGE!
Canopus said:
I'm starting to think that Yona's glare is actually a superpower like the ones each dragon has, kind of a Khajiit's Eye of Fear, lol. It's the only possible explanation to her running forth and back to get the gunpowder and no one stopping her.

Episode was nice anyway.

Im kinda seeing that too. Especially since her glare forced Kumji to call it a day instead of further pissing him off.
Mar 3, 2015 3:22 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Farabeuf said:
Those guards towards the end were the most slow moving lot I've seen in anime.

Any news on a second season? Are the sales any good?

Lol yeah gotta admit I didn't realize how silly the guards were in the manga...it's more noticeable in anime when guards aren't moving or are barely moving. That would be main gripe from this episode. Although it's not like these type of miraculous moments don't happen often in anime anyways :P

Idk about if manga got a significant boost, but the BD/DVDs aren't on sale yet, and I think they don't even have release dates out either.
Mar 3, 2015 3:26 PM

Mar 2012
Ramkec said:
Damn what a way to end the episdode, that one guy was just standing and letting her walk to Yun and back lol.

Haha, that was my only gripe with this episode.

Intense episode overall! The firework is off and the infantry has been notified. Looks like some epic kickass moments by the Dragons and Hak next episode. Watching Shin-ah fight was hilarious. xD
Mar 3, 2015 4:12 PM
Nov 2013
That was insanely good. Yona and Yun have become bery strong from their initial start, the slow buildup has been paying off so good. The final battle has begun, please tell me there will be a second season Pierrot!
Mar 3, 2015 4:15 PM

Jun 2008
I guess we all agree that it was a very unnatural scene.
Maybe we can fix it, kek.

>Yona aims at the guards
>One of them doesn't give a fuck and takes few steps forward
>Yona shoots his arm or anywhere non-fatal
>Guards freak out because of Yona's sheer awesomeness while failing to notice Ao taking the gunpowder and running at mach 20 towards Yona
>Yona takes the firework and runs, reaching the light and setting it off just before the guards catch her

:3
Mar 3, 2015 4:40 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
That Yona glare is too badass for anybody! Kumji and guards experienced it firsthand. She definitely one of the best female characters ever!

Hak and Kija's face before jumping on Jae-ha and "defiling" him though.. XD Is he a masochist?

Those mercenaries were way too easy for Hak and the Dragons. The battle will probably finish in no time.
Btw, doesn't this guy look a lot like Sasuke? O.o

Yun was pretty awesome in his efforts to save Yona and Yuri. He's not so weak after all.

Good episode. Next one will be even better with some intense battling! Where's the second season announcement? >.<

Mar 3, 2015 5:24 PM

May 2013
That fall didn't seem enough to sprain an ankle, but then again, I'm no expert like Yun.

HOLY SH*T Yona's eyes!!!

Dat yaoi doe.

Bask in your new queen ladies. Of course her name is Yuri.

Love how Sinha is so calm even when fighting.

The eyes and the music, perfect.
Mar 3, 2015 5:27 PM

Aug 2008
Oh no, I remembered that AnY was 26 episodes long... It's in fact only 24. Season 2 announcement when??

Yona was totally awesome this episode!! I just didn't approve the fact that she threw the bow aside... ^^''
Mar 3, 2015 6:00 PM
Oct 2010
Kurini said:
Yona was totally awesome this episode!! I just didn't approve the fact that she threw the bow aside... ^^''
Who needs a bow when you have a petrifying gaze?. She probably realized that, which is why she got rid of the puny weapon.
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Mar 3, 2015 6:03 PM

Aug 2012
Yeah that scene certainly could have been handled better, but let's go with the 'petrifying stare is more than just intimidating' bit. Other that it was a fantastic episode. I was so hyped for the pirates to converge on Yan's boat, I was cursing at the ED. Yun and Yona's development is not to be scoffed at, Yun especially came up big here.
Mar 3, 2015 6:10 PM

Aug 2013
Why didn't Yona shoooot?!
My Candies:
Mar 3, 2015 6:12 PM

Sep 2014
Epic episode, really hope they announce a second season.
Mar 3, 2015 6:13 PM

Apr 2014
xpaula said:
I love Yoon. Really.

^
Mar 3, 2015 6:19 PM

Feb 2009
Rebelhero said:
GlacialFroszeN said:

But that firework was kinda far away from the pirates. I wonder if theres going to be a delay in them getting back up?

Yup, I can see that I'm the only one. LOL

But the main reason for my disappointment lies with Kumji's character.
I had seen it coming, considered this is an adaptation of Shoujou Manga. Though, never really expected Kumji to be 'VILLAIN THROUGH AND THROUGH'.

Kumji has got every aspect of Disney's villains ( or any other children's literatures' )
Beard - checked
Moustache - checked
Not handsome/beautiful - checked
Muscly stature - checked
Very abusive - checked
Corruption and immorality - checked
Treat his lackeys sh*tly - checked

I think the author just tried TOO HARD to make Kumji the ideal villain whom audience would not feel any sympathy with. And that's off putting.
Mar 3, 2015 6:40 PM

Sep 2012
GlacialFroszeN said:
Rebelhero said:

I had seen it coming, considered this is an adaptation of Shoujou Manga. Though, never really expected Kumji to be 'VILLAIN THROUGH AND THROUGH'.

Kumji has got every aspect of Disney's villains ( or any other children's literatures' )
Beard - checked
Moustache - checked
Muscly stature - checked
Very abusive - checked

I think the author just tried TOO HARD to make Kumji the ideal villain whom audience would not feel any sympathy with. And that's off putting.

Kumji is a shitty lame villain, but is it just me, or are you pretending Kumji is the villain of the series?
Mar 3, 2015 6:44 PM

Oct 2012
Those eyes
Mar 3, 2015 6:49 PM

Feb 2009
Litrydow said:
GlacialFroszeN said:

Beard - checked
Moustache - checked
Muscly stature - checked
Very abusive - checked

Kumji is a shitty lame villain, but is it just me, or are you pretending Kumji is the villain of the series?

Isn't he?
I did not read the manga.
To me, Suwon isn't a villain, he's one of the main cast, but with hidden motive.
Mar 3, 2015 6:54 PM

Nov 2014
This anime should only be watched back to back :(

Loved both Yona and Yun's bravery, it is just getting more and more interesting
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2015

374 by perseii »»
Apr 8, 10:45 PM

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2014

138 by Seraschi »»
Apr 6, 1:42 PM

Poll: » should i keep watching????

Tamar5858 - Jul 31, 2022

20 by BiobulletM »»
Apr 3, 2:21 PM

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Feb 17, 2015

146 by nyaasar »»
Mar 21, 1:00 PM

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2015

148 by WolfWood37 »»
Feb 9, 1:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.