Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Feb 2, 2015 4:36 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
> My desires are unsatisfied.
Oh boy...

It looks like Urie wants a surgery to increase his ability a bit this chapter as well. I hope he knows the risks. Getting hyped for upcoming auction.
Feb 2, 2015 5:08 PM

Sep 2013
Literally everyone is going to the auction. Will we see Sasaki go Kaneki in the next chapter or the chapter after that? I think yes, we will. Can't wait!

In Russell Peters' words, "Somebody gonna get a hurt real bad!"
SasaKanekiPedeFeb 2, 2015 5:12 PM
Feb 2, 2015 5:17 PM

Sep 2013
Everyone is going to the auction. Shits gonna get down.

I find Ayato to be a pretty interesting character. I hope Ishida delievers some good character development for him.

Could Floppy be Amon? Hmmm.
Feb 2, 2015 5:19 PM
Oct 2012
good chapter, we have confirmation that torso fucked victims, it was good to see Sasaki showing that it is quite skilled at fighting and seriously training the Qs, Urie as is always an ignorant, he does not know that Sasaki problems are mental, is good return to see ghouls hunting, and Hinami matured enough, and Ayato is no longer an annoying brat.
Feb 2, 2015 5:22 PM
Oct 2012
simonprasad said:
Literally everyone is going to the auction. Will we see Sasaki go Kaneki in the next chapter or the chapter after that? I think yes, we will. Can't wait!

In Russell Peters' words, "Somebody gonna get a hurt real bad!"

I do not think it will be in the next chapter that Sasaki will be serious, there has to be a context, if not, it's just fanservise, I think the next chapter will be the last of the preparations for the auction.
Feb 2, 2015 5:57 PM

Sep 2013
tsukiyama starving because no kaneki wow

Feb 2, 2015 6:09 PM
Apr 2014
Auction's coming up.... sounds like something big's going to happen...

Urie seems pretty confident in getting the surgery.
Feb 2, 2015 6:17 PM

May 2012
"Mom can I go to the auction? Everyone is going to be there!"

Man you know shit is bout to go down next chapter. This was a great setup. Didn't know Hinami had that kind of ability. Saeki knows Tooru (Mutsuki's first name)? Was he the one who killed his family or the reason why she turned into a man? Anyhow we will know soon enough. Urie is back. Wonder how strong he is now? Man I wonder who floppy is. Man I can't wait for the next chapter!

5/5
Feb 2, 2015 6:19 PM

Nov 2013
who the helll is floppy mannnnn
Feb 2, 2015 6:54 PM

May 2013
Yay Hinami. That is one interesting ability that she has. Meanwhile, Sasaki is sparring with the guys to help them get stronger. Can't wait for this auction.
Feb 2, 2015 7:06 PM

Apr 2014
I cannot wait for the auction now! I just hope it starts in the next few chapters.
Feb 2, 2015 8:30 PM

Aug 2014
Urie wants to be the best guinea pig. I guess he is gonna screw up at the auction.
Feb 2, 2015 8:33 PM

Aug 2010
Nice seeing Hinami again :3 I want to see more of her :(
quite the body she has now XD too bad not a loli anymore
I just hope she's still kawaiii and adorable :3
She does seem to have an interesting ability there.

Anyway this auction is gonna be insane!
Feb 2, 2015 9:25 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Hinami is getting more and more attractive every time I see her.....Man Ayato is a lucky guy lol. Speaking of Ayato you can really see how he calmed down and matured in this chapter and I like that a lot

Initially I thought that Floppy was Kaneki but now I think that it's Amon.....This auction needs to hurry up and begin because this shit is so hype right now I can't contain myself

P.S. Senpai noticed Urie lol xD
Feb 2, 2015 9:36 PM

Dec 2014
Dank chapter. Nice seeing Hinami as always tho I wonder what she's doing in Aogiri. Can't wait for the events to unfold, the next few chapters will prolly be epic.
Feb 2, 2015 9:39 PM

Jul 2013
The auction is going to be one hell of a mess...literally everyone whose anyone has some part in it..save for the re folks.

Loving Ayato more and more with these chapters, he's so much calmer now. Hinami's pretty incredible Irimi would be proud.

Haise is so buffed up now...I could use more panels of him training the Qs. Also looks like Urie already had the surgery done? He sounds so full of himself, lets see how well he really handles it...
Feb 2, 2015 10:39 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Hinami has grown up quite a lot! That's one unique ability she's got as a sound analyzer. Impressive!

Torso seems to be lusting after Mutsuki's body. He almost sounded a bit like Tsukiyama there. XD

Saiko playing dead to avoid sparring with Sasaki was pretty funny! And this was plenty cute. :3

Urie finally got his surgery done. But I'm sure he'll still prove to be a failure in the end, even if he shows some awesomeness in the upcoming events.

Good chapter. Looking forward to the hot mess Ishida will bring at the auction soon.

Feb 2, 2015 11:08 PM

Jul 2014
Tha Auction !! The Auction !! The Auction !!

Damn ... that was a cliffhanger chapter. Who's this "Floppy" ?

Man, Ishida sure know how to make people curious.
Feb 2, 2015 11:35 PM
Dec 2011
Urie you just jinxed yourself there. Boy really needs to join his team asap and stop doing stuffs on his own, sheesh.
Arima really sure likes to make his appearance in the unexpected timing lol

Ayato is looking hella gorgeous, he is like a fine mix of Arata and Touka and Sasuke Hinami is all grown up, really pretty too and Eto was not wrong for taking interest in her back in TG. Her ability is really impressive and useful for the organization.

Sasaki is getting all anxious now, he trains the Qs real hard and it's quite impressive of him to train them not solely for one-on-one combat but also making sure they can cover up for each other in joint fight. lol someone better keep Saiko away from the battle.

Kanaee!!Kanaee!! I'm really liking him more and more. So, he's going to the auction looking some nice food for his Shuu-sama but in the end he will be getting Kaneki/Sasaki after all.

yeahh reall hyped for this arc. Random thoughts tho, I not am surprised if Suzuya still holds 'affection' for his Big Mama when their reunion happens soon. I wish Ishida will show us some Shinohara tidbits before Suzuya going for this mission.
Feb 2, 2015 11:59 PM

Apr 2014
"Floppy?"
Is that Sasaki? You know because he flip flopped to the other side o.o
I hope some Qs members dies in the auction.Particularly Saiko.

Feb 3, 2015 12:37 AM
Jan 2015
NeutralSide said:
"Floppy?"

It will be interesting if Saiko has some kind of battle of hearing/sensory with Hinami

"Floppy" ? it could actually be Sasaki/Amon . But I don't think that Ishida will put it so obvious
So , my wild guess will be Seidou / Nico ( Just guess , no hard feelings)
Feb 3, 2015 12:37 AM

Nov 2012
ayato x hinami
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Feb 3, 2015 12:52 AM

Jan 2013
That training fight was pretty good.
I guess that floppy is Sasake, because of obvious reasons, it's a funny name.
Feb 3, 2015 1:05 AM

Sep 2014
Wow, can't wait for the auction now. Madam, Nutcracker, the Clowns, Aogiri, Kanae, pretty much everyone is gonna be involved. Looks like we'll get to see Naki again, and I wonder who Miza is?

Everyone seems to have their own personal motivations going into this, and all of these are definitely gonna crash. CCG wants Madam and Nutcracker taken down, Sasaki wants his squad to all come out alive, Suzuya wants revenge, The Clowns and Eto all want Kaneki back. Torso's still thinking about Mutsuki (what a creep) Who's gonna come out on top in this operation? Will Sasaski be pushed back to his Kaneki persona again? At least temporarily? Is Amon going to make an appearance? If he's with Aogiri then Eto said nothing about him so we will see.

Really hope the auction is next week, with all this set up something big has to happen.
Feb 3, 2015 1:30 AM

Oct 2014
NeutralSide said:
"Floppy?"

I think probably one of them will die.
And Tooru is going to be tortured or die
but the ones I think they won't die is Urie (Ishida is developing him as the new evil lol)
And Psycho, bc it seem Ishida loves her.

And what do we know about floppy?

He is working for the CCG, the CCG is interested in him.
He is a ghoul, and he is killing ghouls
and that he probably had an accident in a construction site, but ghouls are not sure about this rumor.

I would say there is a lot of probability that Floppy is Sasaki, unless Amon or Seidou became ghouls and have been working in secret for the CCG.
"It's like Tolstoy said. Happiness is an allegory, unhappiness a story"

"And the sense of tragedy-according to Aristotle.comes, ironically enough, not from the protagonist's weak points but from his good qualities. Do you know what I'm getting at? People are drawn deeper into tragedy not by their defects but by their virtues"

Kafka on the shore by Haruki Murakami...the man that was the inspiration for Sen Takatsuki

Feb 3, 2015 3:44 AM

Nov 2014
NeutralSide said:
"Floppy?"

How can you want her to die? She's so .... kawaii.

If anyone should go it's Urie. Fuck that guy.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 3, 2015 3:58 AM

Oct 2011
Stark700 said:
It looks like Urie wants a surgery to increase his ability a bit this chapter as well. I hope he knows the risks. Getting hyped for upcoming auction.

It was flashback, wasn't it?

Avok said:
Could Floppy be Amon? Hmmm.

I believe that "floppy" is Sasaki, but... No, it's Haise. Ayato wouldn't be concerned about Amon, but Kaneki is important person for two women which are important for Ayato, so... And Kaneki kicked his ass, so he probably has some respect for him.

How could papa Arima accept Urie's surgery when Haise said "no"? So unfaithful!
Feb 3, 2015 4:06 AM

May 2014
Hinami will be at the auction as well. Who want to bet that some of Sasaki's memories will return and we will see another breakdown moment. Or maybe even better - bone scene on Hyato again XD
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 3, 2015 4:52 AM

Jan 2015
hope sasaki fight ayato again.
Feb 3, 2015 4:54 AM

Mar 2013
Who is that Floppy ? I wonder...

Training part was cool !

Looking forward to that auction !!!
Feb 3, 2015 4:59 AM

Oct 2013
Sparteh said:
Hinami will be at the auction as well. Who want to bet that some of Sasaki's memories will return and we will see another breakdown moment. Or maybe even better - bone scene on Hyato again XD
YES!!!
Feb 3, 2015 5:19 AM

Jul 2014
Can't wait for Urie to become a badass and close everybody's mouth. How are people disliking him so much while that useless garbage called Saiko is "so cute". Oh she played dead this chapter that was so awesome, best girl... Amazing.
Feb 3, 2015 5:27 AM

Oct 2013
Arcanix said:
Can't wait for Urie to become a badass and close everybody's mouth. How are people disliking him so much while that useless garbage called Saiko is "so cute". Oh she played dead this chapter that was so awesome, best girl... Amazing.

I see Urie as Levi, from AoT. I think because of his hairstyle. So, I think Urie should join Aogiri, imagine how badass he could be. I also want Saiko to die, she is just fat and boring '-'
Feb 3, 2015 5:47 AM

Aug 2014
Urie coudn't get Papaneki's approval to do the surgery so instead he had to get it from Grandpa Arima..nice
KashKetchumFeb 3, 2015 6:22 AM
Feb 3, 2015 5:54 AM

Jul 2012
The build-up for the auction has grown so big that it's insane. I can't wait.
Feb 3, 2015 6:27 AM

Nov 2014
wielderspear said:
Arcanix said:

I see Urie as Levi, from AoT. I think because of his hairstyle. So, I think Urie should join Aogiri, imagine how badass he could be. I also want Saiko to die, she is just fat and boring '-'

Except that he's not like him at all. Levi can actually do shit.
Feb 3, 2015 7:12 AM

Sep 2014
The gradual buildup of this chapter was fantastic. Can't wait for next week's chapter. :D
Feb 3, 2015 7:21 AM

Apr 2013
I d say Floppy is somebody's pet but to hell with that normal reaction
Feb 3, 2015 7:47 AM

Oct 2014
Next chapter is gonna be a feelstorm !
Feb 3, 2015 8:41 AM

Aug 2010
Great build-up for the auction.

Really looking forward to seeing the reactions of Hinami and Sasaki/Kaneki when they see each other again.
Feb 3, 2015 9:40 AM

Feb 2014
Madam vs Suzuya >> suzuya wins and gets his revenge, yaay!! and i hope we'll see more past of them.

Nutcracker vs Urie or Shirazu >> i dont know, but probably they will catch nutcracker.

the Clowns >> watching of course. but i hope to see Uta. yeah Ishida! its time to see some Uta! c'mon!!!!!!

Ayato, vs Floppy (i think floppy is Amon, by the way) >> ayato lets floppy go.

Hinami vs Saiko >> i'm not sure about this fight, maybe there'll be not fight but only talk or something.

Naki vs Urie or Shirazu >> hmm! naki beats shirazu but urie ... i dont know. we'll see.

Kanae vs Sasaki >> maybe kaneki remembers tsukiyama, yaay!! kanae probably loses. but im not sure about kaneki going insane. by the way of course hinami and ayato will see kaneki, yaaaayyyy !!maybe ayato vs kaneki happens, but i bet there'll be kanae vs sasaki.

Torso vs Touru >> touru you're fucked up, seriously.

well, i want to see these fights in several sections. floppy might be sasaki, but i think it suits amon more than sasaki.

and guys, c'mooon ... there will be no DEATHS. dont fly pls.
EustassKiddo !
Feb 3, 2015 9:44 AM

Jul 2012
so what happens when ken kaneki wakes?
will he side with the ccg or the aogiri?
tbh it's oppression on both sides him being forced to join both at different points. I wouldn't be surprised if kaneki killed his ccg friends
not that he won't he may even kill some ghouls and make a stand that he's of neither side now.
and then everybody will want his head on a plate. >.>
The Manga Society Rules MAL
Feb 3, 2015 10:34 AM
Jan 2015
finally we'll get to see Naki again~
Feb 3, 2015 11:09 AM

Sep 2014
Yeah I agree that "Floppy" could be Amon. What if he's gone rouge from Aogiri after they experimented and made him a hybrid? I think it's equally likely to be Sasaki/Kaneki because of him "flip flopping" sides over to CCG.
Feb 3, 2015 11:19 AM

Aug 2014
Good chapter. The most interesting thing was Arima actually giving permission to Urie for undergoing another operation, and Urie thinking he actually recognizes his talent. I'm pretty sure Arima's just doing it as another way to test Haise and see how he handles the situation.

''Floppy'' seems to be a new mystery. I doubt it's Haise, Eto wouldn't order Ayato to finish him off. Always enjoyable seeing Hinami. Torso is a freaking creep, and not in the good way - i hope he gets killed during the auction, but i doubt it. Way too many people going there, the hype is here, the stage is set, let's hope Ishida pulls through, 'cause it looks hard to intertwine everything in the best possible way.

I don't fully get how everyone knows or at least suspects Haise is Kaneki, but i'll take it. They look alot like, anyway...

4/5
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Feb 3, 2015 12:25 PM

Oct 2011
Maledict said:
''Floppy'' seems to be a new mystery. I doubt it's Haise, Eto wouldn't order Ayato to finish him off. Always enjoyable seeing Hinami. Torso is a freaking creep, and not in the good way - i hope he gets killed during the auction, but i doubt it. Way too many people going there, the hype is here, the stage is set, let's hope Ishida pulls through, 'cause it looks hard to intertwine everything in the best possible way.

I don't fully get how everyone knows or at least suspects Haise is Kaneki, but i'll take it. They look alot like, anyway...

4/5

Eto isn't concerned about Kaneki in some special way in manga. I believe that she would rather see him dead, because he's in her way. She has already make herself new Kanek, hasn't she? And ghoul-dove is freaking dangerous thing.
I don't think it's Amon, though... Amon isn't working for CCG now, that's for sure. He hated ghouls so much, that he probably now loathes himself and he's on holly mission to get rid of the ghouls... Or another crazy shit, but he's too proud (in idiotic way) to come back to CCG. It's probably like "I'm damned, I would rather be dead, but I would get my revenge and die, so I'll become martyr for the sake of humanity". So annoying. I'd be over the moon if he's dead.

How can then not suspect that Haise is Kaneki? They look alike, they are in the same age, speak with the same voice, act familiar... And ghouls are well informed, gossips go fast in their world, like when Kaneki fought Amon.
Feb 3, 2015 1:25 PM

Jul 2014
Sorry to get off the subject, but does any of you know, what second language Kanae uses besides German?
I happen to know German, and when he says "Borg" translated as "pig", this is not German. There isn't even such word as Borg in German, well there is "borgen" which means "to borrow", but that is the closest thing. Whereas "börg" in Swedish means "castle" so obviously this is not what was used here either.
And so my only clue is that author of manga made a mistake, but seriously... i mean... how? Even if he had no idea about German whatsoever and at all, "pig" in German is "schwein" so how even this misspeling would be made? (same or similar translation goes to "pork").
Anyway, I know it's not such very important for the plot so feel free to ignore me, but if anyone happens to know languages better than me, and knows what is going on there, I would appreciate any clue. Thanks xx
Feb 3, 2015 1:48 PM

Oct 2014
StrawberryCat said:
Sorry to get off the subject, but does any of you know, what second language Kanae uses besides German?
I happen to know German, and when he says "Borg" translated as "pig", this is not German. There isn't even such word as Borg in German, well there is "borgen" which means "to borrow", but that is the closest thing. Whereas "börg" in Swedish means "castle" so obviously this is not what was used here either.
And so my only clue is that author of manga made a mistake, but seriously... i mean... how? Even if he had no idea about German whatsoever and at all, "pig" in German is "schwein" so how even this misspeling would be made? (same or similar translation goes to "pork").
Anyway, I know it's not such very important for the plot so feel free to ignore me, but if anyone happens to know languages better than me, and knows what is going on there, I would appreciate any clue. Thanks xx

Im not sure, but I was playing with google translator and the closest one is bulgarian

"And the sense of tragedy-according to Aristotle.comes, ironically enough, not from the protagonist's weak points but from his good qualities. Do you know what I'm getting at? People are drawn deeper into tragedy not by their defects but by their virtues"

Kafka on the shore by Haruki Murakami...the man that was the inspiration for Sen Takatsuki

Feb 3, 2015 1:58 PM
Sep 2010
What is with the Urie hate? He is probably the most capable member of the Qs Squad (bar Sasaki). And he is also the one with the most potential (again, except Sasaki). But hey, different strokes for different folks.

I'd be great if Sasaki could, this time, protect all the people he is responsible for. Perhaps he could act a bit like an angry parent who is trying to protect his progeny.

P.S. Gabyta, I think you are wrong on this one. When I put "Borg" through few multilingual dictionaries, the only languages that have a "borg" in them are Danish, Dutch, Faroese, Icelandic, Norwegian Bokmål, Norwegian Nynorsk, Old Norse, and Swedish. And it broadly means the same thing in all of them - a castle and/or a credit, but supposedly the latter is dated and not really in use anymore.

P.P.S. I also don't think the "(pig)" below "Borg" is supposed to be a translation. None of the "other" german words have a translation below; rather, this might be similar to Urie's monologues in brackets.
PutrescenceFeb 3, 2015 2:17 PM
Feb 3, 2015 2:35 PM

Oct 2014
Putrescence said:
What is with the Urie hate? He is probably the most capable member of the Qs Squad (bar Sasaki). And he is also the one with the most potential (again, except Sasaki). But hey, different strokes for different folks.

I'd be great if Sasaki could, this time, protect all the people he is responsible for. Perhaps he could act a bit like an angry parent who is trying to protect his progeny.

P.S. Gabyta, I think you are wrong on this one. When I put "Borg" through few multilingual dictionaries, the only languages that have a "borg" in them are Danish, Dutch, Faroese, Icelandic, Norwegian Bokmål, Norwegian Nynorsk, Old Norse, and Swedish. And it broadly means the same thing in all of them - a castle and/or a credit, but supposedly the latter is dated and not really in use anymore.

P.P.S. I also don't think the "(pig)" below "Borg" is supposed to be a translation. None of the "other" german words have a translation below; rather, this might be similar to Urie's monologues in brackets.

But Akira already foreshadowed that he might lose someone.
Personally I do want him to lose someone, so he wakes up (not in the Kaneki sense), what I am trying to say its like Akira said, he is too kind, and also too naive. He is living in this fantasy world that he has a "family" which he doesn't, this is an organization, he has to be ruthless, he can not go saying I will save everyone, bc its not realistic.
Just take Amon,, another naive character. He lost Mado, he saw Seidou "die" in front of his eyes, and he was captured by aogiri.
This is an organization that brings death. And Sasaki chose to join them, wanting to "help people" but he is not really helping, death continues, if they stop the nutcracker another ghoul is going to come, plus just take Matsuri, he is so obsess killing ghouls that he doesnt give worth to human life...any life.

by the way, this what I found...its not exactly the word but its the closest

блок

its pronounce blok, and it means pig

which it kind of makes sense, taking into account that japanese language doesnt have an L

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 181 Discussion

Raizel - Aug 8, 2018

48 by flesh123 »»
Apr 12, 1:47 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 125 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Z4K - May 20, 2017

333 by CanderousTheOrdo »»
Apr 5, 5:04 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 179 Discussion

joe_g7 - Aug 10, 2018

33 by ren_moon »»
Mar 13, 11:06 PM

» Tokyo Ghoul:re Conclusion Then vs Now

PSN - Jan 12, 2022

10 by Zero01guard »»
Dec 26, 2023 10:10 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

lunar1412 - Dec 29, 2014

204 by Buddistic »»
Sep 14, 2023 6:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.