Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (14) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 16, 2015 9:35 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hmm, so this is what Quindecim is like with some of our new characters.

Nonaginta is pretty fun to watch and she doesn't seem to be even be a bit scared unlike Onna. And not only that but we also get a good amount of background with what's going on behind the bar. Really neat stuff. I see that they can review previous played games as well. Interesting. ED song is also glorious and loved it.
Jan 16, 2015 9:40 AM

Aug 2014
One game needs to be ping pong.
Jan 16, 2015 10:47 AM

Jun 2009
Nice behind the stage ;D
Jan 16, 2015 10:52 AM

Sep 2012
Great explanation for last week's episode.

Remember kids, a one timer is still a devious act.
Oh god who are you people?
Jan 16, 2015 10:53 AM

Nov 2011
My god!! That elevator guy is suffering from Youngblood's Disease!
Jan 16, 2015 10:57 AM

May 2010
The OP is too good, maaan.

So the theories related to the woman really being in love with her husband were true.

I believe this anime is going to be about correcting their so-seeming corrupt death system instead, judging from what information we got. I think someone predicted this in the discussion of last episode, congratz to them.

I like Nona and esp. Onna, she is way better than I imagined her to be. And I feel like shipping Decim x Onna, feels liek this ship is gonna go a long way

Great episode, gave some nice details.
Jan 16, 2015 10:58 AM

Aug 2014
White haired little b.tch already annoying
Jan 16, 2015 11:00 AM
Jul 2014
I already asked myself even if she lied why she went to Void, and now we know it was Decim's fault that the Girl went to Void, he misjudged the Situation, nice Twist.
Jan 16, 2015 11:01 AM

Aug 2013
TheUnbiasedOne91 said:
White haired little b.tch already annoying

lol why?

OP and ed are the best this season i want the full version of them

decim pretty interesting character
Jan 16, 2015 11:02 AM

Jan 2013
I like Both Onna and Nona. And I had a feeling that there was more behind Machiko acting the way she did.

Jan 16, 2015 11:05 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
well that episode was basically just a long checklist of confirmations of hints the first one left off :>
Jan 16, 2015 11:06 AM

Aug 2013
OMG THAT SOUNDTRACK!!!! AWESOME, BRILLIANT, WOWOWOWOWOW.
I hope it will be released soon, true awesomeness.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jan 16, 2015 11:06 AM

Sep 2014
Characters are very interesting. Nona is beautifuuuul.. Also thinking - will the elevator guy get out of there :D

Waiting for next week's Bowling game ^^
Jan 16, 2015 11:20 AM

May 2013
Nice to get another perspective from last episode. So she did have an affair, but she lied towards the end because she felt bad for him and also that the child was his. Sucks though that she gets sent to the void.
Jan 16, 2015 11:25 AM

Jul 2010
With Onna and Nona spectating! Decim probably judged wrong but it really is up to the person to see reincarnation being a good or a bad thing. For Takeshi, probably reincarnating is a bad thing as he can't trust anyone.

I would like to think that Machiko did it out of love and partially exaggerated her feelings of guilt from an one time thing. One has to always love more than the other and Machiko is probably the one. Nice way to introduce a few characters and just the system they use!
Jan 16, 2015 11:28 AM
Sep 2013
I am enjoying this series. Used another characters view to clear up any misunderstanding and set the story in motion. The ost was nice. This doesn't seem like a bad job to have.
Jan 16, 2015 11:33 AM

Aug 2014
It was so obviously clear from the first episode that the masks indicate who goes to Hell and who goes to Heaven. (For those who didn't know)
Jan 16, 2015 11:35 AM
Jul 2018
I love the art direction,OST and animation.

So far not bad,though the first episode was a bit melodramatic.
Jan 16, 2015 11:37 AM

Jun 2014
wow, that twist, this anime is brilliant and the ed is awesome
:3
Jan 16, 2015 11:38 AM
Jul 2018
Machiko lied at the end, because she felt bad for her husband Takashi . Too bad to hear that that child was Takashi .
Jan 16, 2015 11:38 AM
Jun 2014
Brilliant anime so far. i think that the woman should have gone to the void due to the fact that she still cheated on her husband. but to be honest the guy should have gone with her to i think
Jan 16, 2015 11:45 AM
Mar 2014
I'm really not sure why people like this anime so much. Sure, it's OK, but.. So many others have tackled this theme and failed, so why would it work now?
This episode just seemed like an excuse to clean up the mess that was the first one.
Jan 16, 2015 11:46 AM

Mar 2013
Yup, this was mainly some information about their system and also a reveal for the previous episode. I'm actually a little bit surprised they revealed that much, but hey, it's interesting. I think the Decim + Nona team will be fun to watch.

New pairing next episode, with bowling!
Jan 16, 2015 11:48 AM
Dec 2014
I could not make it out last week that clearly, but something about the artstyle seemed really off on this show and i've come to realize the characters have really unnaturally long faces.
It's just the strangest thing to me.

Otherwise this seems like an enjoyable anime for me.
Jan 16, 2015 11:53 AM

Jul 2010
Well well well, gotta say that i'm really looking forward to future events because characters such as Decim and Onna are super interesting to watch so far, and i can only see character development coming for them from a mile, especially Decim...who doesn't seem to be human.
I actually enjoyed this episode more than i did last one for some reason.Also, Nona has some amazing place to live in.

-replaying OP all the time-
Jan 16, 2015 11:53 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Some of us were right that she did lie to make Takashi feel better, and although I was inclined to believe that Machiko didn't cheat, the truth was she did, though it may have been a one time thing. However, I think the slight twist is that Decim was the one to judge wrong (then again, I guess some would say he was right because Machiko did cheat). Idk, yes cheating is terrible, but she regretted it with her whole heart and in the end she loved Takashi, whereas Takashi could only doubt her. I thought the same that he was just someone who couldn't trust others. And as they say, doubt separates people. It also ultimately led to their deaths. I agree with Nona here, but it seems that everyone there has a tendency to judge differently because of their values.

Also, that ED gives me goosebumps :)
Jan 16, 2015 11:55 AM

Jun 2008
I think it was interesting that they decided to have some of Takashi's suspicions to be proven correct and that Machiko wasn't completely guilty or innocent. It forces the viewer to come up with their own answers about what is right and wrong, despite the answer they suggest (that the wife should have been the one sent for reincarnation), and ultimately makes the show more engaging. That's also what I really enjoyed about the OVA, so I hope to see this setup carry throughout the remaining episodes.

I think this is going to wind up being one of the strongest shows for me this season....so long as they attempt to tackle some of the deep questions that are posed.
Jan 16, 2015 11:57 AM

Dec 2014
More
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 16, 2015 11:57 AM

Oct 2009
Interesting, this was better than the first episode.
Jan 16, 2015 11:59 AM

Jan 2014
Only i heard the poe ost at 13:25?

"When /a/ sends its fags, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you.
They’re sending fags that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems to us.
They’re bringing cancer. They’re bringing bait. They’re shitposters.
And some, I assume, are good fags."
-@Xinil
Jan 16, 2015 12:10 PM

Apr 2013
even if decim misjudged her. she still cheated on him.

loved the episode. great to see an explanation for what is going on behind the scenes.
i like onna. this is gonna be a great series to watch

hope the people that arrive are not gonna be just couples since the condition to be judged is just dying at the same time

love how every ed is going to be visually different
xSanoxJan 16, 2015 12:15 PM
Jan 16, 2015 12:10 PM

Apr 2011
Such a smart episode. I love seeing it from the different prospectives. It shows the girl lied about the child was actually his and she sacrificed herself which is a pretty messed up situation.

Loving everything about this anime so far.
Jan 16, 2015 12:11 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
That was really nice.
Now i'm pumped to see this bowling game next episode.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Jan 16, 2015 12:12 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Great explanation episode. So Onna can probably shake up their system cause she actually looks deeper into their actions. I didn't expect that Decim misjudged the situation.
Jan 16, 2015 12:13 PM

Apr 2013
More answers = even more questions
Jan 16, 2015 12:15 PM

Aug 2013
Apparently, cheating is enough to send you to hell (more than being the jealous paranoïd person that caused the accident). I can't help but feel something wrong there...

Well, at least, that's good to know.
"Even now, I travel on my journey,
Believing in the world,
Aiming for something far away – an endless journey.
Having a dream like someone else’s,
Or being in someone else’s dream –
Which would you prefer?"
Jan 16, 2015 12:17 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Radiant-Howl said:
I think it was interesting that they decided to have some of Takashi's suspicions to be proven correct and that Machiko wasn't completely guilty or innocent. It forces the viewer to come up with their own answers about what is right and wrong, despite the answer they suggest (that the wife should have been the one sent for reincarnation), and ultimately makes the show more engaging. .

I very much agree with your views here. It really isn't black and white at all. I do hope the future "players" have this less than clear cut dynamic that might challenge us as viewers. I also expect that we'll get a lot more behind the scenes action. Decim's subtle reaction to being wrong in his judgment might be a sign of future conflict.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jan 16, 2015 12:26 PM

Nov 2013
Decim... i want to know more about him because there is something wrong with his eyes...

Great episode, i need more!

Jan 16, 2015 12:28 PM

Nov 2012
pretty good, its just episode 2 and this cool guy seems to be perfect bartender already make a mistake, like sasakura ryuu (GO WATCH BARTENDER!)

next : bowling
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Jan 16, 2015 12:28 PM

Feb 2014
Ok episode, nice to see things explained. So in the end it was just like I thought.
Between the adult world and the world of kids,

there, Holyland exists.
Jan 16, 2015 12:29 PM

Jan 2013
Interesting behind the scenes.
Good episode.
Jan 16, 2015 12:30 PM

Jan 2009
-General facts revealed in this ep.

1. Arbiters know the memories of the deceased

2. Reincarnation (GOOD) = soul inhabits another person. Void (BAD) = soul is lost & plunged into deep darkness

3. Machiko's soul sent to void (never to return); Takashi's soul sent to reincarnation (another chance at life)

4. Machiko DID CHEAT. But it was a one-time thing and she truly regrets it. We don't know why she cheated but it was probably cuz of takashi's suspicions of her cheating.

5. Machiko lied about baby not being takashi's & not loving him in order to reduce his grief by making him hate her.

6. Takashi should've been sent to the void cuz he's the one who got both of them killed

7. In this place, judgment is made by whoever shows off the most darkness in their soul. They then get plunged into the void. These games are used to determine that.

-TL;DR: 8. In the end, Dequim made a bad judgment call. He took machiko's "confession" at face value, saw that as her true dark self & used that to determine their judgment when it was clear that she was clearly putting up an act in order to reduce takashi's grief. she was using a lie to save takashi but dequim couldn't see it.

9/10
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
Jan 16, 2015 12:31 PM

Dec 2013
Another very interesting episode.I guess we will never know whether she was lying or not...

I'm really loving the opening.
Jan 16, 2015 12:32 PM

Dec 2014
It was cool to see things explained from a different perspective. I still really want to learn more about the characters and how all this came to be but I guess that's for another episode :(
Nano best girl though.
Jan 16, 2015 12:39 PM

Jun 2012
Damn

So the wife did cheat and lie to save her husband
That was one of my first thoughts when we only saw the couple's perspective last week but Decim falling for the wife's lie is what threw me

As for the new characters, Nona's all right but it's kind of weird how the new Assistant to be just takes all this new info and situation like it's another job. I'm not saying she needs to freak out but a more relatable reaction would have been nice
Jan 16, 2015 12:43 PM

Jan 2015
DerMond said:
Apparently, cheating is enough to send you to hell (more than being the jealous paranoïd person that caused the accident). I can't help but feel something wrong there...

Well, at least, that's good to know.

First he said he made the wrong call, second you're not really paranoid if there really is someone after you. He thought she cheated on him and she did. He was just wrong about the scope of the cheating. Now I personally think neither negligent killing nor cheating is necessarily grounds for blasting the soul out of existence, but then again...
Jan 16, 2015 12:49 PM

Aug 2013
BVerfG said:

First he said he made the wrong call, second you're not really paranoid if there really is someone after you. He thought she cheated on him and she did. He was just wrong about the scope of the cheating. Now I personally think neither negligent killing nor cheating is necessarily grounds for blasting the soul out of existence, but then again...

He was paranoid, as he couldn't trust anyone.
Agreed that both things shouldn't be enough to send someone to the Void. But again, if the Void is the disappearance of the soul, you can consider it better than reincarnation depending on your beliefs.
"Even now, I travel on my journey,
Believing in the world,
Aiming for something far away – an endless journey.
Having a dream like someone else’s,
Or being in someone else’s dream –
Which would you prefer?"
Jan 16, 2015 12:51 PM

Jan 2014
BVerfG said:

But that's wrong, the bitches on the bathroom were talking about someone else not her.
So yeah he got the wrong idea cuz the actually cheating was after the marriage which it was probably caused by him being outlandish to her.

"When /a/ sends its fags, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you.
They’re sending fags that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems to us.
They’re bringing cancer. They’re bringing bait. They’re shitposters.
And some, I assume, are good fags."
-@Xinil
Jan 16, 2015 12:52 PM

Dec 2012
Nice episode.
Nona is a very interesting character.
Good to know how the whole game works.
Seeing it through the perspective of the black haired girl gave us more of an insight on how things work.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Jan 16, 2015 12:58 PM

Nov 2013
Very much enjoying the direction this is going.
Disappear. This chair is an eyesore. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair.
Pages (14) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 20, 2015

215 by Seraschi »»
Apr 26, 2:01 PM

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 13, 2015

450 by Seraschi »»
Apr 26, 1:26 PM

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 9, 2015

840 by sxrpente »»
Apr 23, 11:30 AM

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2015

663 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 11, 4:30 PM

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 30, 2015

672 by NikoFool »»
Apr 2, 10:50 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.