Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Dec 22, 2014 2:22 PM

Aug 2014
There goes another anime.

This episode pretty much represents the show itself - starts off really good and promising, mixes in some drama and succeeds, and later overdoes it and becomes annoying.

The fight was good, though i'm really disappointed that we never found out what Andou's power really does, unless it really is just useless. I'm really interested in Andou's friend who seems like a really good puppeteer, and Tomoyo's brother seems to be in charge. I still have no idea what these "Fairy Wars" represent, what's the Literature club's role in this, who gave them their powers, or what're "F" and "Virgin Child" fighting for.

Inou-Battle started off really well, and was even pulling off the cliche slice of life stuff until a certain point... and then it became extremely generic, with episode 11 being the worst so far. The lack of actual power usage is undoubtedly my biggest gripe with this show, feels like something that was heavily advertised and then had minimal screentime (i'm looking at you, Naruto: The Last). The second flaw is that the "romance" aspect was focused on too much, and, as expected, had absolutely no real conclusion in the end. Just adding this to the hundreds of anime that did the same...

Still, it had a strong beginning and middle, and was definitely an anime i enjoyed.

Final episode: 4/5

Overall anime score: 7/10

DARK AND DARKU... OVU ZI ENDOOOO!
MaledictDec 22, 2014 2:29 PM
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Dec 22, 2014 2:28 PM

Oct 2013
ThreePointer said:
What I wanted was to see either a focused superpower anime or a well developed harem story and what we got was a read-it-yourself ending with a forced one-sided harem (Tomoyo gets to much screen time in comparison) and little focus on the power just a tease here and there. They couldn't decide what side they should focus on and heaven forbids this will get a second season. If the original story is exactly like the anime then just wait for a guaranteed two cour anime.

Overall:

Pretty much all of my exact thoughts, complete with gif. I expected more, wanted more, stuck with it hoping for more, there wasn't more.
Dec 22, 2014 2:32 PM

Oct 2014
And thus it ends. This was a great series. I loved all of the comedic elements as well as the serious moments. A major complaint from a lot of people (at least from what I've read anyway) was that this show wasn't really sure what it wants to be. I, on the other hand, really enjoyed that aspect. Because of its shift in tones every now and then, I think that it was able to be "just right" for me, allowing me to get a chance to see all that I usually look for in an anime.

I really enjoyed this series, and I really love how it was the characters that made the show, not specifically their powers. I haven't seen very many harem anime, but from the ones that I've seen, this is the only one that I've seen where I feel like the main character actually deserves his harem. He might be a total goofball, but he can be caring and compassionate when need be. Overall, I really enjoyed this series. Definitely an 8/10 for me.
Dec 22, 2014 2:42 PM

Aug 2014
Some facts about this show:

- Andou's power is forever doomed to be useless, and Andou himself to forever be oblivious to 5 girls being in love with him.
- Mirei is still the best girl, while Hatoko is the worst.
- Chifuyu is probably the cutest loli you've seen.
- Sayumi is secretly into yaoi (involving Andou and Sagami):

- Andou will probably end up with Tomoyo - we all know the tsundere always wins.
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Dec 22, 2014 2:48 PM
Oct 2014
5/10 for the series. Couldn't stand how they just drop their setup of powers to dive into a generic high school romance.
Dec 22, 2014 2:49 PM

Mar 2010
I don't quite get the prupose of all this...

The romance just did'nt arrive to a clear conclusion (I would have like to see the Tomoyo ending), and it's the same thing for the adventure part of it...
We now know the super power of Andou.... But all the war part was negliged.... we did not get to much info on it, and the group did not participate in anything related (excepted the ending...), so I'm all confused about this... This show had a great concept but for some reasons, were not able to make me say it was pretty good. 6/10

Real Men never turn
Dec 22, 2014 3:17 PM

Oct 2014
What the hell was accomplished in the end?

You had SOL school elements with an interesting subtlety in the premise, it was all fun and games in the beginning, then came this subplot about war and then a couple episodes ago everything divulged into harem hijincks. And then the final last two episodes became somewhat serious...

Like what?

It was enjoyable to watch but I feel like this was a colossal waste of time.
Dec 22, 2014 3:23 PM

Oct 2014
was a fun watch
7/10

Would've wished more from the grail war tough :D
Dec 22, 2014 3:28 PM

Dec 2013
Decent show but too many unanswered questions by the end. If it's setting up for a second season, then I'm okay with that, but if it's a 'read-the-light-novel' end, then I feel like I wasted some time watching. Still, it introduced me to best girl Kudou Mirei, so I can't say it was a total waste -w-

I liked that Andou's Dark and Dark of the End wasn't some OP power that defeats the enemy and saves the world. Its continued uselessness is what made it funny, and he was still able to make it effective.

Hoping there will be a second season but I won't count on it. 7/10
Dec 22, 2014 3:32 PM

May 2013
Andou's powers are a little silly to watch. Even so, his resolve in others are admirable.
It wasn't a harem ending so I'm fine with just that. I was rooting for Hatoko, but well, we can't have just one confessing.

Overall, everything was good. I liked it from start to end. An amusing ending. I wouldn't mind a sequel to this.
8/10
Dec 22, 2014 3:37 PM

Oct 2013
So basically, this show was about a group of kids that get powers, then some lose their powers, and then they get their powers back. That was it. 3/10 waste of time.
Dec 22, 2014 3:39 PM

Jul 2014
it's a right decision to wait for the last episode and do the marathon for this series :)

good story, still a cliffhanger makes me demand the 2nd season, overall it's a good anime, instead to be a serious anime, it becomes a romcom nichijou anime~

8/10 for this
a dual-sword wielder, fire element in right arm and ice element in left arm
Dec 22, 2014 3:46 PM

Nov 2012
Such an anti-climactic episode. There really was no point to this show it seems. Eh, it was entertaining enough, but it really needed bigger aspirations. Disappointing from a Trigger show.
Dec 22, 2014 4:14 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
xytech said:
Okashi_sama said:
Yeah, total crap. the only good thing about this show was the voice acting in ep 7. and that's about it. 1/10

How are you able to finish so many series you don't see any redeeming qualities with? Do you truly have no better way to spend your time than watching things you hate? You should pick up another hobby, like hitting your head into the wall. Anything seems like it'd be more enjoyable than anime for you.

Lol. As mean as that sounded, I kinda agree. I don't get people that criticizes the sh!t out of a series, but yet they continue to watch it. Sometimes, I feel like some people watches anime not for entertainment, but just because.

EDIT: After reading Gisselle-san's post (right below), I realized I tend to do the same thing for certain series (which are particularly/extremely bad). Everyone is entitled to an opinion indeed. How hypocritic of me! Much apologies.

However, I don't think Inou-Battle was that bad to get a 1/10. C'mon, lets not be overly-critical/nitpicky here.
VindstotDec 22, 2014 6:37 PM

Dec 22, 2014 4:20 PM

Feb 2013
xytech said:
Okashi_sama said:
Yeah, total crap. the only good thing about this show was the voice acting in ep 7. and that's about it. 1/10

How are you able to finish so many series you don't see any redeeming qualities with? Do you truly have no better way to spend your time than watching things you hate? You should pick up another hobby, like hitting your head into the wall. Anything seems like it'd be more enjoyable than anime for you.

You seem to be the kind of people who thinks everyone has to like everything they like by force. Giving an opinion is part of being in a forum, of course, but don't pretend to tell people what to do or not do, what to like and not like, because that's not how things work.

Dec 22, 2014 4:25 PM

Apr 2014
I think this goes without saying but there will be a season 2. They didn't explain the war, who the F members are, and the truth behind the powers. I feel like this season was a huge set up for the actual story, like a prequel in a way. And I'm glad Mirei got screen time, she's bae.
Dec 22, 2014 4:39 PM

Jul 2013
Well that was allright overall... I thought they would explore Andou's powers more than this in the final episode, but I guess its ok...

I truly feel like there was some missed potential with this show, maybe with a season 2 all this set up can be validated, dunno....

The one thing that annoys me is that I really dont like the main heroin (the pink haired one, didnt even bother to memorize her name), she is the perfect example of a tsundere done wrong imo... Yet I find all the other girls in the harem at least likeable, so I can put up with pink hair-chan...

Anyway 6,5/10 I would say... hope for a second season and some closure soon
Dec 22, 2014 4:55 PM

Jul 2009
Average series of this Fall and could be a bit better but still had a batter ending than the trainwreck which finished a week before this.

Hatoko pissed me off with her bullshit during half of time. I hope for a second season like Patureau said, this can't end like this.

5,5/10
Dec 22, 2014 5:02 PM

Jun 2014
You know. I loved this show, a lot. It was rather different, despite the obvious harem tropes. I really hope theres a second season of this, id love to see more of the Fairy War. and more evolutions of their powers!
Andou's power is really quite scary... and still kinda useless. Poor girls though, they had to witness andou losing his hand twice. that must have been brutal...

Still, yeah i loved it quite a bit, charming, funny and dramatic. But not enough superpowers!
SO HERES TO A HOPEFUL SEASON 2!
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Dec 22, 2014 5:12 PM

Jan 2011
Eh i think my favorite part was the character designs everything else was just okay (also the speech was the most redeeming thing in this show)

felt like this series couldn't figure out what exactly it wanted to be thus falling short in all of it,but i won't say i didn't enjoy watching this each week so 7/10 feel like a season 2 could help a lot
Dec 22, 2014 5:30 PM

Dec 2013
The last episode was rushed as. Overall, I enjoyed the series quite a bit. Andou is a pretty good harem protagonist. For me, Tomoyo is best girl. I didn't like her much, but she was probably the least annoying female character. Hatoko is pretty cute, but she's so needy lol.
I didn't like the direction of this series. One minute there's all this supernatural battles next minute it's all this romcom stuff.
This series is getting a 6 or 7 from me.
Dec 22, 2014 5:32 PM

Aug 2008
So, what's Sagami's relationship with Hajime? Who the fuck was that one lady that can switch bodies?
Dec 22, 2014 5:40 PM

Dec 2014
I feel like they could make this a more in depth supernatural war type anime. Like they have the potential. The slice of life aspect is good, it just seems like if wasnt balanced. More like random scenes of violence and then 90% normal stuff.

If there is a lightnovel for this someone msg me a link, I feel like its a better book than show.
Dec 22, 2014 6:07 PM
Nov 2013
Boring inconclusive ending to wrap up a boring subpar harem. Shame because this show started off so well with funny episodes at the beginning. 3/10 for the season as a whole.
Dec 22, 2014 6:20 PM

Mar 2009
i feel like they didn't know which way to choose for this show.. first comedy, then harem and then drama it's 3/10 for me
Dec 22, 2014 6:29 PM

Nov 2013
This show was really great - opening song is ridiculously catchy and the characters are so loveable. Every episode has been consistently fun and heartwarming. I expected nothing less of the same studio as Gurren Lagann. It's my favorite of the season.

9/10
Dec 22, 2014 6:37 PM
Jul 2009
I can see why people wouldn't like this show overall, however, for me, it was unique and unpredictable, and very meta. An awesome combo with a great feel to it.
Dec 22, 2014 6:54 PM

Aug 2014
Well done overall. Made good use of 12 episodes. Nice heartwarming feel is always a plus. 8/10 overall for me!
Be like this seal. It is a happy seal.
~Review Guidelines~ | ~Recommendation Guidelines~ | ~Mafia Society~
Dec 22, 2014 7:07 PM

Mar 2008
BUHIIIIII 9/10. Season two COMMON
Dec 22, 2014 7:32 PM

Dec 2013
There are some good moments and I like the characters. Not the greatest but quite enjoyable for me. I don't mind a S2.

6/10
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Dec 22, 2014 7:44 PM

Aug 2013
Great end of this anime, I liked how things have developed and how there is room for a sequel, but also ends a part of story

The anime is not grandiose, but the plot and the characters are great fun, managed to get my attention in a season that has several good animes, several animes above average

So recommend this anime to anyone who wants see something fun ..
Dec 22, 2014 7:49 PM

Mar 2009
Well, Chifuyu was a qt.

I certainly hope Trigger's next anime is more ambitious.
Dec 22, 2014 8:09 PM

Aug 2012
While Hatoko and Tomoyo are declaring their rivalry, Chifuyu is winning the war by a wide margin.
6/10 for me, but I'll definitely watch the S2 if it comes.
Dec 22, 2014 8:12 PM

Mar 2012
This show just needed no other girls but Mirei and it would've been perfect.
Dec 22, 2014 8:28 PM

Mar 2013
Andou's power in the next level is intense.
It's like Naruto's (series, not the character) version of Amaterasu.
Also, it looks like all the girls confirmed that they love Andou.
Harem ending indeed.

Overall, an enjoyable series.
Will definitely watch season 02 if it comes.
Dec 22, 2014 8:29 PM

Jul 2013
No more cozy mondays ;.;
Dec 22, 2014 8:38 PM

May 2012
Really liked it. Respect for Andou all the way through.

I was hoping for an announcement at the end of the episode for a season 2... 8/10 from me

Dec 22, 2014 8:49 PM

May 2012
Damn now I see why they didn't want him to use that power.

Pretty okay last episode. Things really got intense. Ando us ping his secret move was unexpected. Flames that burn the user forever. Felt sorry for the gang. Cutting off your friends arm can't be a easy thing to do and just laugh off.

Overall it was a meh series. I feel like it didn't know what it wanted to be. A anime about powers, comedy, romance, harem, drama or what. If this had focus on one thing I'm sure it would have been great. 6/10. Add one point because of Chifuyu.
Dec 22, 2014 8:58 PM

Apr 2014
I'm still rooting for HATOKO!

and this is the best part!

Dec 22, 2014 9:08 PM

Mar 2013
That ending sucked.
added the fourth most popular anime onto this site
Dec 22, 2014 9:12 PM

Mar 2014
I wonder if there's going to be a season 2. Seems like they left a lot unanswered but I still liked it.
It's a 6/10 for me.
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
Dec 22, 2014 9:40 PM

Apr 2013
Solid show although I wish that there was a more definitive ending... Oh wait. This is a rom-com harem and that never happens. I take all that back. I really enjoyed all the characters and loved that Mirei was finally included in the finale. The convo with the two best girls (Sayumi and Mirei) was perfect. I wouldn't mind a season 2 but also I wouldn't be devastated if it never came as well. And I'm out with one last "Dark and Dark!"
Dec 22, 2014 9:48 PM

Mar 2012
Hmmm, well it was a fun show with some sweet moments. There was quite a bit that was left unanswered and I was expecting a bit more this episode. Glad that Dark and Dark the End was explained at least. Haha, that's quite a funky ability. Also, Kudou with her hair down was a pleasant surprise at which I marveled at. :3
Dec 22, 2014 9:52 PM

Apr 2012
awww that's consequences for using dark and dark of the end. D:

overall Nice SOL and Funny anime. 8/10 :D

need Season 2

Dec 22, 2014 10:14 PM

May 2011
I don't know if anyone noticed, but at 1:06 when it shows they're in the karaoke bar, the song that is playing is the Wake Up, Girls! OP. Two WUG members (Chifuyu and some pink haired side-character) have roles in this anime, so I guess they convinced the staff to include that. Fun little easter egg, I guess. It definitely got my attention.

Chifuyu and Hatoko were the saviors of this anime, since they both had great moments. Chifuyu nearly gave me diabetes, and Hatoko's wakannai rant is one to remember.

5 is average, so 7/10. Above average.
Dec 22, 2014 10:25 PM

Jul 2012
how they dealt with andou's awakened power... i'm kinda surprised
Dec 22, 2014 10:48 PM

Jul 2013
What a fucking hax.. I thought one can't use their power once it was stolen by Kudou but apparently Andou's flame is so hax it can't disappear no matter what. Not to mention the enemy was fucking stupid, if she thought Andou's power was useless why even bother to steal it? if she was serious about luring the others out she'd have tortured Andou for real instead of talking and "torturing" him with such half-assed method. All these and she dared talk about war? it seems she was the one who really doesn't really take the war seriously.

The first few episodes were delightful but it went downhill once the drama started and Andou became your typical harem gary stu not to mention that hax power of his. Forced relationship with the worst girl in the cast only made it worse. I can't give this more than 5/5 and it would have been worse if it wasn't for Chifuyu's moe-ness and Hatoko's amazing rant.
Dec 22, 2014 10:50 PM
Apr 2014
(8/10) I really enjoyed this series. I think basic premise for this show is that even though these kids get super powers ranging from really lame to really awesome they have nothing to do with them. Like getting a bike in winter. So they try to go on with their 'normal' lives. Figuring things out along the way. They keep to themselves and form a rather closed off group of friends. I think this series just played with the tropes enough to confuse/annoy people who were expecting/wanting what we've seen a million times before in other series. Kids with magical powers, battles, school-days, harems and fan service! A more apt title would have been 'Cool Supernatural Powers!.. Now What? oh yeah... Regular life :('

I think it's a story about how:

- Some children want to become grown-ups faster or they just have the responsibilities of adulthood forced on them. They don't understand everything going on but they try to act mature and to be accepted by what they believe are their peers. In the end they are still children who who just want to play with toys and their friends but get confused as to why they can't have both worlds (Chifuyu - can make her own worlds and toys from her imagination but doesn't understand to complexities of the real one because she's still a child).

- Some just want to stay children and play in the sandbox with their imagination a little longer. Even though they are actually more mature and wiser than their current age (Ando - when not acting chuunibyou).

- Some expect more (both good and bad) from themselves, others and life in general. They eventually learn to accept these things as they are and act properly even when those around them don't (Sayumi - Didn't trust herself or others with powers. She was opinionated and bossy but eventually learns to listen and trust others opinions).

- Others lie and hide from their true selves. They try to pretend they are something they are not. But they'll still find time to play when alone (Tomoyo - runs from her past but can't return to it. Can also freeze time to play all she wants!!).

- Others don't know where they belong. Even though its hard for them they try to belong and want to understand things so they can fit in (Hatako).

- Some keep a distance and see what others have in life and then just want that for themselves. Thinking having that will make them happy (Mirei. Who is not even seen as part of the main group but probably could be if she wanted).

- The fairy war is a metaphor for the responsibilities and problems of growing up. The brother knows that someday these kids will be great fighters (adults). He was forced to grow up faster than he wanted. Still he wants to keep his sister and her friends out of it so they can be innocent (children) longer. He is envious of them in the same way adults are with children when they have to go to work while kids play in the playgrounds. But he'll still protect them and look after them so they can play a little longer. And also just like most adults he wants his childhood back. Thats why he went back to visit the school in one episode. To remember the good times. When life was simple and fun. The viewer really is meant to see this world through the eyes of the main characters. They don't know about the fairy war because the brother is keeping them out of it. So the viewer doesn't know either.

But I think they teased us with the fairy war enough to answer the people who cry 'How and why did they get these powers!? Whats the reason?' But not enough to get to know the whole story or the other characters. Kind of like as a kid you knew your parents went to work but you really didn't know what they did. You'd maybe see a co-worker of theirs once in a while. You'd maybe know a few details here and there.

But they decided to give a few glimpses of what is behind the bigger curtain of the fairy war. They either gave enough to intrigue us or enough to annoy us by not knowing the whole story. I can't decide which. If there is a 2nd season the story might be better viewed as a whole.
Dec 22, 2014 10:57 PM
Apr 2014
MoeGod said:
What a fucking hax.. I thought one can't use their power once it was stolen by Kudou but apparently Andou's flame is so hax it can't disappear no matter what. Not to mention the enemy was fucking stupid, if she thought Andou's power was useless why even bother to steal it? if she was serious about luring the others out she'd have tortured Andou for real instead of talking and "torturing" him with such half-assed method. All these and she dared talk about war? it seems she was the one who really doesn't really take the war seriously.

The first few episodes were delightful but it went downhill once the drama started and Andou became your typical harem gary stu not to mention that hax power of his. Forced relationship with the worst girl in the cast only made it worse. I can't give this more than 5/5 and it would have been worse if it wasn't for Chifuyu's moe-ness and Hatoko's amazing rant.

Once you're on fire with 'Dark and Dark of The End' nothing can stop it from burning. Not having your powers wouldn't make any difference. That's why after she gave the powers back she was still burning as well.

His rant (and lighting effects) made his power sound like it was now something really impressive and powerful. He tempted her to steal it and she took the bait.
Dec 22, 2014 11:38 PM

Oct 2014
#thatpower
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Inou-Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 6, 2014

248 by Gin_Okuri-inu »»
Apr 14, 11:09 AM

Poll: » Best girl

q1w2e3r4t5 - Mar 26, 2019

7 by Piromysl »»
Apr 13, 11:52 PM

Poll: » Inou-Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 15, 2014

109 by gannoncannon55 »»
Jan 30, 7:07 PM

Poll: » Inou-Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2014

115 by gannoncannon55 »»
Jan 30, 6:45 PM

Poll: » Inou-Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 1, 2014

144 by gannoncannon55 »»
Jan 29, 7:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.