Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Ace of the Diamond
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 20, 2014 3:54 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol, it feels like the stadium gets louder each episode. Guess they are going for the climax soon with this momentum.

Good episode overall, felt a bit repetitive a few times. Eijun living up to the dream even with the pressure. Getting hit by a baseball must hurt like shit though.
Stark700Dec 20, 2014 6:05 PM
Dec 20, 2014 6:01 PM

Jul 2010
The tension felt really different :/

Those were some really amazing saves by the defenders!

The air really felt different around Sawamura with him wanting to remain calm. The way he looked after hitting the pitcher in the head. Carlos being the pinch runner :/

Kawakami just having to get that last out... the pressure is immense.
Dec 20, 2014 6:12 PM

Jun 2011
Crazy stuff happened this episode!

Sawamura's face as he got pulled off really hit me hard. I wonder how Nori's going to handle the pressure. Is he going to pull through and get the last out? Or is he going to crumble?

Can't wait for the next episode; this show is always a highlight of my week.
And what if all love is an act of bravery?

Could you look me in the eye and say that you are not afraid?

Dec 20, 2014 6:16 PM

Sep 2012
Dang was hoping this episode would conclude this game. The pressure is just too much for me xD
A match made in heaven set the fires in hell
Dec 20, 2014 7:02 PM

Jan 2011
Whew, that was so intense... At one point I felt like I was there myself and my body just started involuntarily shivering from the pressure. To someone else it would probably look like I was being cold or something. xD

PS: A few times during the episode I noticed I was making the same worried gestures as Wakana (cupping my hands together close to the face and etc.) Must be an even crazier feeling to watch the game from her place.
Dec 20, 2014 7:22 PM

Jan 2013
It's really hard having to wait a week for episodes to come out when all these episodes are ending on tense moments. I'm gonna put this show on hold for 3 weeks so that I can come back to a conclusion. Until next year peeps.
Dec 20, 2014 7:23 PM

Apr 2013
here comes the kawakami to screw this up.. this fucking scrub!
Dec 20, 2014 7:29 PM

Feb 2013
Jesus that was so damn nerve wracking.
Dec 20, 2014 7:29 PM

Sep 2009
Good episode. They did a good job showing the intensity of the situation that Sawamura was in.
Dec 20, 2014 7:32 PM

Nov 2013
These episodes are so tense! D:
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Dec 20, 2014 8:11 PM

May 2008
KAWAKAMIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII, i really hope they show him doing something good. Its been a pretty shitty season for him.

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Dec 20, 2014 8:27 PM

Apr 2014
greenmush said:
KAWAKAMIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII, i really hope they show him doing something good. Its been a pretty shitty season for him.

What are you talking about.. He's been having a good Tournament, closing out all the games. He just doesn't get the screen time.

I was really hoping Sawamura would close out the game but given the situation even I was signalling the coach to switch him out. Clutch catch from Sakai, giving Carlos a taste of his own medicine and judging from the preview Harada gets to bat so it's gonna come down to that showdown. Hopefully Kawakami can bring it home.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 20, 2014 9:51 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Crying. We never got to feel the tension in Mei's flashback with his blunder, but I'm sure that it felt just as back as Eijun's in this episode. It definitely felt like I was in Eijun's situation with the immense pressure. I almost wanted to shout at the audience to shut up and stop saying one more out. It's really too much for a first year, happened with Mei, and it's happening with Eijun. One short single moment can reverse the tide. It's just really bad that of all the places, the pitch hit the batter's head. Didn't really think about it before, but I wonder how the pitcher who actually injured Tanba ended up reacting to his mistake.

But anyways, was terribly heartbreaking to see Eijun's expression, and everyone realized how bad Eijun's mental state was, despite trying to cheer him up. (but poor Kawakami too, he's going in right at the moment where the pressure's the highest x_x)
Dec 20, 2014 10:10 PM
Mar 2013
So like I'm really devastated right now.

My dude Sawamura just fucked up right now like wtf.....gahhhhhh

-sigh- Getting my slam dunk feels again ugggghhhh.

The pain is real my dude so fucking real.
Dec 20, 2014 11:32 PM

Mar 2013
Man, it's official, all of Inashiro is trash. I had to look up what hit by pitch actually entails (looks like this show really is never going to actually explain even the basic rules/terms of this sport) but it looks like that one-eyed garbage-chan did that shit on purpose, which means the rule shouldn't have even allowed him to go to first. Ugh, whatever. I wish the ball had hit him in his damn baby dick. What sort of sore loser you got to be to cheat at a damn high school sports game?
Dec 20, 2014 11:33 PM

Mar 2008
Sawamura gone broke.

Some really dynamic posing this ep. Time for Kawakami to shine.
Dec 21, 2014 12:16 AM

Dec 2008
I am not going to respect Kawakami if he loses it. They have it on a bag.
Dec 21, 2014 12:45 AM
Aug 2014
straggy said:
Man, it's official, all of Inashiro is trash. I had to look up what hit by pitch actually entails (looks like this show really is never going to actually explain even the basic rules/terms of this sport) but it looks like that one-eyed garbage-chan did that shit on purpose, which means the rule shouldn't have even allowed him to go to first. Ugh, whatever. I wish the ball had hit him in his damn baby dick. What sort of sore loser you got to be to cheat at a damn high school sports game?

In a real game, you have to at least attempt to dodge the ball. When I played, there was a kid on my team who always got hit because he would lean into the pitch and he never got the HBP. Inashiro shouldn't have been awarded the base.
Dec 21, 2014 1:59 AM
Jul 2013
straggy said:

Damn, just realized this now... What an asshole move..
Dec 21, 2014 2:10 AM

Dec 2012
This episode did a great job at portraying the stakes that are going into this bottom of the 9th as well as Inashiro's bloodlust for victory. The fierce glares, menacing auras, and that red and blue flashing all contributed to how each player was treating these final moments like life and death. Something else that I am now curious about is the level of teams that will be at the nationals. It's been referenced quite a few times that unlike Seido, Inashiro knows just how brutal and fierce games at the national level are. So hopefully we get to see just how insane some of those teams are in episodes to come.

The shift into a dire situation really surprised me. I was expecting Sawamura to get his groove back in a pinch, but Kawakami needed some love I suppose. It may not seem like he does much for this game, but he now has the most crucial role as that one out is going to be as hard as the past 9 innings. I can't wait to see how this turns out, I'll be holding my breath until then (and taking some healthy inhales/exhales along the way!).
Dec 21, 2014 3:24 AM

Aug 2013
This is too much. Every episode gets better and better.
Dec 21, 2014 3:33 AM

Nov 2012
the tension!
oh, ok RIP kawakami sucks to be you
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Dec 21, 2014 4:46 AM

Jun 2014
God damn it no one saw that Eijun was overwhelmed the whole time!
Miyuki should have called a pause and calmed him down damn :(
They all piled on the pressure.
Dec 21, 2014 5:55 AM

Dec 2014
Hi everyone! I'm new here and I joined because of my love for this anime. :) I have to say this episode and the whole finals match so far were intense. I love every team in this anime as long as they play fair (And yes, including Inashiro).

For those who think Shirakawa seemed to have planned the drama of him being hit on the head, I disagree. If you watch carefully, Shirakawa did attempt to avoid it (Otherwise, the ball would've hit his face, had he not tried to).

I'm a little confused about the base runner though. For it was the previous batter who was sent and not the one who took the dead ball. I suppose this is a rule in Japanese HS baseball? Thanks for taking the time to read my post. Can't wait for the next episode!
Dec 21, 2014 6:01 AM

Nov 2012
LuzuNatalia said:

I'm a little confused about the base runner though. For it was the previous batter who was sent and not the one who took the dead ball. I suppose this is a rule in Japanese HS baseball? Thanks for taking the time to read my post. Can't wait for the next episode!

because the one who took the dead ball might be injured, especially when it hit the head like miyuki said and have to be replaced
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Dec 21, 2014 6:20 AM
Jan 2014
God damn this episode was intense!! I BELIEVE IN YOU KAWAKAMI-SENPAI!!!!!!
Dec 21, 2014 6:42 AM

Dec 2014
ninjastarforcex said:

because the one who took the dead ball might be injured, especially when it hit the head like miyuki said and have to be replaced

Ahh...yes. I've watched and read again and something like that was mentioned. :) Thanks for clearing that up! :)
Dec 21, 2014 7:48 AM

Aug 2010
That tension was friggin unreal O_O!! Eijun!!! He got MindF***ed!! Dat stress!!
I never thought I'd see him like this. His face was just too much to see T^T Poor Eijun D: ANd he was doing good too. So many loss flags though T^T

And now Kawakami <_< Yep RIP Seido. Tbh I'm glad it wasn't Eijun who gave up the last homerun. Now he won't feel as much guilt but still undergo massive development after this tournament. I wonder how well Furuya would have fared?
Dec 21, 2014 7:55 AM

Jul 2014
Meh I was expecting Sawamura to strike inashiro's captain out for the last out to end the game, but i guess kawakami will need spotlight too eh.
How do I signature?
Dec 21, 2014 8:54 AM
Feb 2013
This is so INTENSE.
GOOOOD. I tought I will die. Damn, poor Sawamura but he's still awesome. :D
The match is soon over, isn't it ? T-T
Dec 21, 2014 9:10 AM

Sep 2008
Miyuki on ending card *.*
So cool! *.*

Poor Sawamura...
I had feeling that something bad can happen to him,
but I don't thought this gonna be this bad... ;(
This really hurt my heart... ;(
Dec 21, 2014 9:23 AM

Mar 2012
HEEEEEEEADSHOT! Nice aim Sawamura, that's how you do it.

W8, what the hell?! The coach is going to use Kawakami! LOOOL This game's definitely lost.
b1GZZDec 21, 2014 9:27 AM
Dec 21, 2014 9:28 AM

Nov 2010
acfireNT said:
Good episode. They did a good job showing the intensity of the situation that Sawamura was in.

Exactly this. that was great.
Dec 21, 2014 10:05 AM

Oct 2013
sawamura :(
i feel bad for him it's so much pressure ><
i hope kawakami can handle the game :(
Dec 21, 2014 1:47 PM

Oct 2013
Inashiro's doing all they can to get a point dang
Dec 21, 2014 2:16 PM

Nov 2014
dang Sawamura was under a lot of pressure. I hope that one guy is ok... Kawakami is under of ton of pressure too with Carlos on first. I sort of feel like this is just stretching it out too long, but the next episode will probably be the end of this game.
Dec 21, 2014 6:42 PM

Jan 2013
A bad situation for Seido.
Dec 21, 2014 7:35 PM

Jul 2014
I loved watched this every week <3

THE PRESSURE ... Now, we must give all of ours love to Kawakami xD.
Dec 21, 2014 8:50 PM

Jun 2007
straggy said:

Even if he planned it he'd still get the base. 99% of the time the umpire awards first base to a batter who gets hit, unless the batter goes out of his way to jump in front of the ball which did not happen. The batter in this instance had no time to react or had very little time.
Dec 21, 2014 11:33 PM

Jul 2011
Yo, what. Even I felt the pressure and my heartbeat rising. o_o

Um, well they don't really explain the sport because baseball to Japan is like hockey to Canada or soccer to Europe... most everyone has basic knowledge of the sport. But yeah, dead ball usually entitles a walk to first base, except in this case they felt his injury was too significant (headshot = not good), so they had him replaced with someone else. Which is speed runner Carlos. Though he should have made an effort to dodge... well it was a headshot, so maybe they think he would've avoided it if it could, who knows.

Ouch for Sawamura though, I really wanted him to face the pressure until the end and close the game. Now I feel like Inashiro is going to score 2 runs and win. Then again, I appreciate that it shows he is still a freshman and lacks the experience to face intense pressure. I doubt Seido would've made it past the first round of Koshien though, if they made it.

Haruicchi's short spotlight was nice. I always like to see his eyes revealed. XD
Dec 22, 2014 12:08 AM

Oct 2014
Kawakami is gonna screw this up and it'll probably go to overtime
Dec 22, 2014 1:09 AM

Oct 2011
Tears are flowing T___T

SAWAMURA OMG T__T

The pressure of going to nationals and the last out got to him.
Narumiya understood this

Kawakami closing the game : 0
But Carlos is on the field and that is already a problem for Seidou.

OMG either an extra inning just like Imashiro coach wanted or Imashiro gets 2 HR and Seidou loses

AHHHHH NEXT WEEK COME ALREADY T_______T
Dec 22, 2014 7:50 AM

Jul 2014
Btw I heard there will be a double episode next week? Not sure about it but if its true then the game is ending for sure next week.
How do I signature?
Dec 22, 2014 8:18 AM

Dec 2010
straggy said:
Well this anime does start out with all the characters already knowing how to play baseball...they're not gonna baby watchers.

And nah, you think he'd risk getting hit in the head to get on base? You saw his "one eye" widen, it wasn't on purpose that he got hit.

Poor Sawamura. This game, when animated, is every bit as agonizing as I thought it'd be.
Dec 22, 2014 10:47 AM
Jul 2014
Hnnggg. The tension! Having played baseball a majority of my youth, I know this situation all too well. This anime does an amazing job of portraying exactly how it feels in an actual game.

With that said, my sympathies to Sawamura. Boy, he looked defeated after that last pitch. Can't wait to see what happens next. Let's go, Kawakami!
Dec 22, 2014 12:40 PM

Mar 2011
This is too much. Eijunnnn ;___;
Dec 22, 2014 1:37 PM
Jun 2014
This episode was intense - and I already knew it was coming since I read the manga. I love the way madhouse is handling this series. But, really, it was so hard to sit through and not get emotional over that final pitch. Poor Sawamura. He's only a first year. There's no way he was going to deal with that kind of pressure with ease....Miyuki should have called a time out for him. He may have still thrown a dead ball but who knows. It might have helped calm him down a bit. The whole scene reminded me of Raichi when he tries hitting for his team instead of himself. :(
Dec 22, 2014 11:42 PM

Jul 2012
Aw man, Sawamura got caught under all the pressure. This is probably the same thing Nuramiya experienced. I guess it's time for Kawakami to step up!
Dec 23, 2014 11:09 AM

Dec 2010
EXTREMELY well directed episodes. The direction on this ep made it very unique from the rest of the series. (I.E. The use of silence, screen filters, differently drawn characters.) This series is heating up!
I'm in a band! Check it here-
https://fanlink.to/tropicvibez
Dec 23, 2014 5:28 PM

Jul 2011
WORST POSSIBLE TIME TO CATCH UP!! NOOOOOO!! SAWAMURA~!!!11!!!!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Diamond no Ace Episode 74 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2015

34 by RKASHYAP621 »»
Apr 21, 9:15 AM

Poll: » Diamond no Ace Episode 71 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2015

59 by RKASHYAP621 »»
Apr 21, 5:18 AM

Poll: » Diamond no Ace Episode 70 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2015

55 by RKASHYAP621 »»
Apr 21, 4:48 AM

Poll: » Diamond no Ace Episode 69 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 14, 2015

101 by RKASHYAP621 »»
Apr 21, 4:18 AM

Poll: » Diamond no Ace Episode 63 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2014

128 by RKASHYAP621 »»
Apr 17, 10:57 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.